PDA

View Full Version : All-star Snub of the Year

Mishmin
02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Who was the worst all star snub this year?

I've always really thought it was Aldridge, but Nash is averaging 17 and 11 (second in assists) and he doesn't really even get talked about..

Also Felton was a huge part in the knicks success, also putting up great numbers.

Then there's guys like Monta Ellis who just seem to get no love from the coaches.

TheHoopsProphet
02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I say replace Duncan with Aldridge, and JJ with Eric Gordon, and Pau with Odom, and Ray Allen with Nash, and then maybe Pierce with Pau, and then maybe replace wnba celebrity shootout with sasha gray circlejerk at half-court, and staples center with rose bowl, and kenny smith with steven A smith, and hitler stern with zombie thomas more, national anthem with even flow by pearl jam, and childrens tickets can be replaced with Downtown Brown beers, then I'd be happy.

tangent12
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Definitely Carlos Boozer...

Mishmin
02-08-2011, 09:06 PM
I say replace Duncan with Aldridge, and JJ with Eric Gordon, and Pau with Odom, and Ray Allen with Nash, and then maybe Pierce with Pau, and then maybe replace wnba celebrity shootout with sasha gray circlejerk at half-court, and staples center with rose bowl, and kenny smith with steven A smith, and hitler stern with zombie thomas more, national anthem with even flow by pearl jam, and childrens tickets can be replaced with Downtown Brown beers, then I'd be happy.

Who's JJ?

pastrecedes
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
yeah right!

ManRam
02-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Aldridge for Duncan. I do think Duncan is incredibly invaluable, despite his "average" looking stats, but Aldridge has meant more to his team.

Besides that, I'm really okay. If Boozer had played more games, than maybe him over Bosh.

Joe Johnson hardly deserved it...but I'm not replacing him with Felton.

im ur fatha
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
@Pastrecedes
Figures, Your a heat fan

Mishmin
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Aldridge for Duncan. I do think Duncan is incredibly invaluable, despite his "average" looking stats, but Aldridge has meant more to his team.

Besides that, I'm really okay. If Boozer had played more games, than maybe him over Bosh.

Joe Johnson hardly deserved it...but I'm not replacing him with Felton.

Aldridge for Duncan is a very good swap. I think as legendary as Duncan is, I might say that Aldridge is even better right now. I guess with a record like that, you got to take 2 spurs.

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM

so youre saying nash will play for the east, we are moving pau from the west to the east and completely eliminating pierce from the game,???

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 09:36 PM

:facepalm:

Khalifa21
02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Aldridge and Felton

ramsizzle
02-08-2011, 09:46 PM
:facepalm:

arent many bigger snubs in the east. Has thoroughly outplayed bosh this year. take that palm off your face so your eyes can see how wrong you are.

in the nba its without a doubt aldridge. he ripped my bulls a new one

ULT WARRIOR408
02-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Ellis:p

Minimal
02-08-2011, 09:52 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge and Josh Smith

omagoodness
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Obama was

SugeKnight
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Aldridge

Bulls_fan90
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Bosh making the game was a joke. Only got in by default because Boozer missed soo many games.

Tdotraptors
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Bargnani!!!!!!! actually tho Nash, Aldridge, Kevin Love should not have been and injury sub also Josh Smith over Joe Johnson

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
boozer shouldve made it over bosh.. bosh sucks

Evolution23
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Aldridge has been a beast. Its not even close, the Blazers have nobody else.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Lamarcus should be in there over Duncan. Sorry, I know TD is arguably the best PF ever, and his team is the best team in the NBA, but he has pedestrian numbers. Its a lifetime achievement award him being there.

In the east, I don't like JJ making it at all, but I don't really see a worthy replacement at the moment.

Mishmin
02-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Aldridge has been a beast. Its not even close, the Blazers have nobody else.

Don't forget my boy Matthews put up a few 30 point games lately. I agree with you though, he's a killer.

uprightciti
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
I really think that AI should have been in there with T-Mac and Yao AGAIN!

dre1990
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Ill take Z-bo r Aldrige over duncan in the west, and Josh smith over Chris Bosh, Ray Felton over Joe Jonson, Andrew Bogut over Al hORFORD

dre1990
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Ill take Z-bo or Aldrige over duncan in the west, and Josh smith over Chris Bosh, Ray Felton over Joe Jonson, Andrew Bogut over Al hORFORD

Giraffes Rule
02-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Lamarcus should be in there over Duncan. Sorry, I know TD is arguably the best PF ever, and his team is the best team in the NBA, but he has pedestrian numbers. Its a lifetime achievement award him being there.

In the east, I don't like JJ making it at all, but I don't really see a worthy replacement at the moment.

I would agree with this, but that's the way the all star game has always been. They'll always put the all time greats in the game over guys without big national exposure, especially if they're on the best team in the league.

dtmagnet
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Tony Parker is a big reason why San An is where they are and he's not on it.

WizFan3
02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
:facepalm: sometimes i wonder if some of u sleep well at nite

BrahCake954
Tony Parker is a big reason why San An is where they are and he's not on it.

parker not as important as manu

WizFan3
I really think that AI should have been in there with T-Mac and Yao AGAIN!

i dig ur sig dude

Chronz
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
arent many bigger snubs in the east. Has thoroughly outplayed bosh this year. take that palm off your face so your eyes can see how wrong you are.

in the nba its without a doubt aldridge. he ripped my bulls a new one

False

I'm Seriously
02-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Nash.

Putting up 17/11 on 63 TS% in 33 MPG.

Running the sixth best offense in the league, and when you consider what he has to woek with that's absurd. Seriously give the guy a team that can rebound, 50 wins.

And lol at Monta having more votes than Nash.

Jays Claw
02-09-2011, 01:31 AM

Boozer's stats look superior to Bosh's because of sample size. He's played 29 games compared to Bosh's 47.

bovice163
02-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Boozer's stats look superior to Bosh's because of sample size. He's played 29 games compared to Bosh's 47.

Boozer is the superior rebounder, and he has been a 20-10 player for most of his career. Whatever numbers he is pacing right now is what he will finish with at the end of the season.

With that being said, I feel like the snub at this point is Aldridge. Although it really isn't a snub, because Love was rightly taken over him, and most of the people who deserved to be in the ASG, are in it. Nash is a close second imo.

believeinNYK
02-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Aldridge or Nash
3rd: Scalabrine!!!

Antipod
02-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Portland still gets no love... with Roy "out" this season, he`s the one who carried the team.LA>Love.

alencp3
02-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Zach

goose15
02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Aldridge..

tcav701
02-09-2011, 09:42 AM
The only REAL snub is LA....

Im glad we got a poll right for once lol

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
With the exception of Eric Gordon and Kevin Martin, I would say any one of those guys deserves to be on the all-star team as much as anybody else.

Gordon I love, he is an enormous talent, and has some great game, but he is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's scoring lots in losing efforts, and as talented as he is, I've seen guys like Mike James put up numbers that look like all-star stats on losing teams, so I'm reluctant to just offer a guy scoring 20+ on a losing team a spot on the all-star team.

Kevin Martin is a great player to, but lets face it, the most you have room for on the all-star team is for three shooting gaurds, Kobe is the clear cut choice to start, and after him you have Manu who many consider to be the most valuable player on the Spurs, and they have the best record. And with guys like Durant and Carmelo taking up spots on the wing, and the depth of point guards (CP3, D-Will, Westbrook), its hard to find room for a guy like Matin, who while very talented, is on a team that is in 11th in the West, so his stats have coming on losing efforts. And lets not forget that Kevin Martin would be trying to earn a spot a head of guys like Vince Carter, Ellis, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay (SF and SG are interchangable in terms of picking reserves for the all-star game in my book, hence my nod to Rudy Gay). Now I'm not saying all those guys shoudl be in above Martin, but there is certainly as much of a case for most of them as there is for Martin.

Odom is hugely important to LA and their championships. Evne if the guy never makes an All-Star team, he will be a HOFer. Its that simple. What he has done over the course of his career, he will be rewarded for. Its sad he hasn't made an all-star team yet, but the Lakers have planety of representation at the ASG.

Smith, Randolph, Parker, Boozer, Aldrige, and Nash have all been there before, and as great as each of them are (and you can throw Kidd in there too), they can't expect it to make it evey year. They all warrant a spot on the ASG, but sadly there arent that many spots. Ellis is still young and he is still posting numbers in losing efforts, so he gets the Kevin Martin treatment until he starts posting those numbers on a contender, or at least a playoff team.

That leaves Felton, and he and Amare have been huge in NY and both deserve love for turning that franchise around, sadly you have a PG posting the highest assist-per since Stockton retired who also is playing great defence and all whilst starting and being the engine for the team with the best record in the east. Rose is a legit MVP candidate and a valid selection, with guards like Wade, Allen, and Johnson, its hard, for me anyways, to put Felton above any of those guys.

Its hard selecting All-Star teams, because the league is so deep, and it does seem like some teams were over-represented this year, but those teams also have some of the best players on the planet, so...

faze38
02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Aldrige got straight robbed but people should have voted for him and then we wouldn't have this problem. I did! Also Tony Parker got robbed him and Manu are the players that have the Spurs on a roll offensively. As far as people saying Duncan doesn't deserve to be their his team has the best record in the NBA. Yes he is taking a smaller offensive role but don't get it confused he has to be the anchor of their D and is putting up great numbers it just in less minutes so it looks like he is playing avg i mean the man is avg 29 min a game a career low his per 36 stats are 16.6 Pts 11.5 Reb 2.4 Blocks and 3.7 Ast. On the best team in the league he deserves the Nod. In the east Bosh shouldn't be in the game it should be a toss up between Josh Smith and Carlos Boozer I would personally take Smith. Also Felton deserved the nod but at the same time he should have finished the first half of the season strong so as a Knick fan I can't complain the player on our team that deserved to go 100% is starting! If the Rockets had a winning team Kevin Martin would have been robbed as well because he is slowely becoming the second best SG in the west but with the way they selected this year letting losing teams have players with nod he got robbed too!!

jabushfsu
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
elton brand !!

KnicksorBust
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
With the exception of Eric Gordon and Kevin Martin, I would say any one of those guys deserves to be on the all-star team as much as anybody else.

Gordon I love, he is an enormous talent, and has some great game, but he is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's scoring lots in losing efforts, and as talented as he is, I've seen guys like Mike James put up numbers that look like all-star stats on losing teams, so I'm reluctant to just offer a guy scoring 20+ on a losing team a spot on the all-star team.

Kevin Martin is a great player to, but lets face it, the most you have room for on the all-star team is for three shooting gaurds, Kobe is the clear cut choice to start, and after him you have Manu who many consider to be the most valuable player on the Spurs, and they have the best record. And with guys like Durant and Carmelo taking up spots on the wing, and the depth of point guards (CP3, D-Will, Westbrook), its hard to find room for a guy like Matin, who while very talented, is on a team that is in 11th in the West, so his stats have coming on losing efforts. And lets not forget that Kevin Martin would be trying to earn a spot a head of guys like Vince Carter, Ellis, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay (SF and SG are interchangable in terms of picking reserves for the all-star game in my book, hence my nod to Rudy Gay). Now I'm not saying all those guys shoudl be in above Martin, but there is certainly as much of a case for most of them as there is for Martin.

Odom is hugely important to LA and their championships. Evne if the guy never makes an All-Star team, he will be a HOFer. Its that simple. What he has done over the course of his career, he will be rewarded for. Its sad he hasn't made an all-star team yet, but the Lakers have planety of representation at the ASG.

Smith, Randolph, Parker, Boozer, Aldrige, and Nash have all been there before, and as great as each of them are (and you can throw Kidd in there too), they can't expect it to make it evey year. They all warrant a spot on the ASG, but sadly there arent that many spots. Ellis is still young and he is still posting numbers in losing efforts, so he gets the Kevin Martin treatment until he starts posting those numbers on a contender, or at least a playoff team.

That leaves Felton, and he and Amare have been huge in NY and both deserve love for turning that franchise around, sadly you have a PG posting the highest assist-per since Stockton retired who also is playing great defence and all whilst starting and being the engine for the team with the best record in the east. Rose is a legit MVP candidate and a valid selection, with guards like Wade, Allen, and Johnson, its hard, for me anyways, to put Felton above any of those guys.

Its hard selecting All-Star teams, because the league is so deep, and it does seem like some teams were over-represented this year, but those teams also have some of the best players on the planet, so...

I'd love to see you make a poll about that.

Anyway I don't really feel like this year that any snubs are that bad. I explained in the other thread why I'd take Duncan and besides Aldridge nobody else is really overwhelming deserving right now with stats and team success.

Giantwarrior
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
who cares. all star game honors are overrated. the only players that only complain about are the ones without championship rings.

ramsizzle
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
False

compare numbers...advanced stats...winshares...just sheer avg's. all are on boozers side. stop

ramsizzle
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM

no they look superior because hes out played him. sample size? try the last nine years for a sample size and see nothing has changed. hes had a better season now doubt.

Raph12
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Aldridge hands down... Deserves to be there over a couple of guys.

xxplayerxx23
02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
IMO aldridge and ellis should of been in

Cano4prez
02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Aldridge..

Smash
02-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Monta Ellis anyone? JK

Boozerguy47
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Aldridge or Ellis.

The Jokemaker
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Zach Randolph and it's not even close. If Memphis got more attention people would notice the season he's having.

Aldridge: 21.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, eff: 22.71

Randolph: 20.2 ppg, 13.2 rpg, eff: 24.26

Chronz
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
compare numbers...advanced stats...winshares...just sheer avg's. all are on boozers side. stop

I have, start examining the #'s closely

hdxstunts1
02-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng, easy!

And if they arnt all-stars then Rose wins the MVP as no contest because he must be carry the bulls single handly to the 2nd best seed in the East!

Chronz
02-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng, easy!

And if they arnt all-stars then Rose wins the MVP as no contest because he must be carry the bulls single handly to the 2nd best seed in the East!

Bull ****, they have no All-Stars because the team is comprised of talent across the board. Bron and Wade both carry a great load for their team despite eachothers presence.

Blazers23
02-11-2011, 02:44 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge....Close Thread

cargobox
02-11-2011, 04:04 AM

No. Kyle Korver<3

dodie53
02-11-2011, 04:40 AM
definitely nash

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
odom

BrahCake954
02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
odom

lmao

Mishmin
02-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Odom deserved consideration, but when you put him up next to Aldridge, it's not even close.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Tie between Lamarcus Aldridge and LO. Couldn't go wrong with either one.

...... Kevin Love has no earthly business being there btw. Just for the record.

YoungOne
02-12-2011, 04:56 PM
aldridge or z-bo, whoever gets into the playoffs :D, voted aldridge though...

laclippers23
02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Team record aside, monta ellis has been on a tear yet again this year

TheDiggler
02-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Tony Parker snubbed Eva, so definitely not him :laugh:

I say LaMarcus Aldridge !

Deezy3
02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Easily Zach Randolph.

Hustlenomics
02-13-2011, 10:00 PM
it's official Lamarcus Aldridge should have been the injury replacement for Yao

Heediot
02-14-2011, 09:20 AM
david west

Heediot
02-14-2011, 09:21 AM
it's official Lamarcus Aldridge should have been the injury replacement for Yao

i bet if aldridge replaced yao, love would win this poll by more vots than lamarcus!