PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Lakers, Nuggets talk Melo

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
"The Lakers' package would be built around center Andrew Bynum. Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and isn't particularly interested in Lamar Odom either, sources said. A straight-up deal of Bynum for Anthony works financially, but there could be other players involved since Denver would look to shed more salary if possible."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

Dont see it happening but who knows now a days

OT Thriller
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
This would be insane. Wonder who the other players would be? Probably Al Harrington. The Lakers would be unreal.

drew_ellis_23
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
This would be great. Melo, Kobe, and Gasol. Don't see it happening either but who knows.

lvlheaded
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Sources described the talks as in their infancy, and a three-way deal between the Knicks, Nuggets and Wolves is very much alive.

You left this part of the piece out.

Dont see it happening. The Lakers are probably gonna save all their pieces for D12 next year.

Maddog-99
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I posted this in the Laker Forum as well, I think its the front office doing what they do to kick Bynum in the butt each year this time. Before it was the potential Bosh deal. Now its Melo. They do a great job of using all angles to push the team.

so yeah: aint happening.

Minimal
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't really think this will improve the Lakers. Gasol as center in playoffs might hurt them.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:53 PM
We would have no inside presence.. the thought Melo is certainly intriguing but we need a defensive big to actually have a chance to win it all.

Dee Boone
02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I hope it does happen....but im also shocked that the lakers kept Bynum as long as they have. i just dont see what the big hype on this guy was all about!

ManRam
I honestly don't think it's what LA needs...

I'm not Bynum fan, but I think he's more valuable to that particular team than Melo is. They need size, not a high volume shooter.

Defense has been more of an issue than anything else for LA. Melo would make that much more of a problem.

Hunter48MVP
My favorite basketball player on my favorite team this would be a dream come true.

fadedmario
02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Carmelo going to the Lakers would be cool - sick of hearing Knick fans gloat on here

LakersIn5
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
good for denver not just letting melo walk and get nothing in return. DO IT MITCH!

melo,nene for bynum,shannon,walton,ebanks,future picks :D

Nene
Gasol-Odom
Melo-Artest
Kobe
Fisher-Blake

oh yeah. lol

kdspurman
You left this part of the piece out.

Dont see it happening. The Lakers are probably gonna save all their pieces for D12 next year.

My fault, thanks..

shep33
as a Laker fan I wouldn't want this deal unless we get one of their bigs back too... so it likely won't happen.

I actually don't think it'd make us any better. I mean offensively we'd be sick, but losing Bynum would kill our interior D.

Metsboi69
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Hate to say it but it makes sense. If the Lakers give up Bynum + maybe some picks that would trump all offers other then maybe the Nets package. Pretty wild stuff.

NYK|NYY
DEN trading him to the WC and also leaving the Lakers without an inside presence, not sure this will happen.

Bryan12
It would be nice to get Melo, but the Lakers will need a big man in the center and Gasol is not the answer. He is too weak. If they get another big man in the trade with Melo then this would be a win win situation for the Lakers, but I don't see it happening.

shep33
02-08-2011, 12:59 PM

I'm not Bynum fan, but I think he's more valuable to that particular team than Melo is. They need size, not a high volume shooter.

Defense has been more of an issue than anything else for LA. Melo would make that much more of a problem.

I think most Laker fans would agree with you on this. I don't think we get better either.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Carmelo going to the Lakers would be cool - sick of hearing Knick fans gloat on here

Yes, it would be cool but it wouldn't solve the Lakers problems. I mean unless Mitch somehow manages to get a defensive big, then this deal would be HUGE for the Lakers. With Melo, the Center spot doesn't need to be filled with a great player but someone solid enough to fill the void..

BkOriginalOne
Never going to happen.
Melo would be a much better player by Season's end if this did go thru however.

JNA17
If the lakers can find a way to get nene along with Melo, then I'm all for it.

Minimal
02-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Why would Denver need Bynum if they have Nene already? This trade doesn't make sense for both teams kinda.

JNA17
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Why would Denver need Bynum if they have Nene already?

Another great reason why the lakers should take nene too :D

nycericanguy
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Hate to say it but it makes sense. If the Lakers give up Bynum + maybe some picks that would trump all offers other then maybe the Nets package. Pretty wild stuff.

LAL already traded their first for this year so they can't offer a pick until 2013.

JayW_1023
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I hope this won't happen...these superstars joining forces diminishes an already regressing competitive league. Bah.

NYK|NYY
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
The only reason why this trade makes sense is the package being potentially better than the Knicks. I'd personally stay away from Bynum's health problems. But like I said DEN isn't going to get much from the Knicks as of now, so this may be their best option.

AddiX
I can't imagine Kobe is happy about this rumor. I don't know if there is enough basketballs in the entire gym to keep them happy with Melo on the roster.

Plus I've never respected teams who trade there star player in there own conference.

Than again, I'm a Knick fan and want him in NY.:D

shep33
Why would Denver need Bynum if they have Nene already? This trade doesn't make sense for both teams kinda.

I think this is Nene's last year under contract. Drew is also younger and a better defender.

Weezy
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I just dont see Denver trading a player like Melo within the same conference.. especially the Lakers.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I can't imagine Kobe is happy about this rumor. I don't know if there is enough basketballs in the entire gym to keep them happy with Melo on the roster.

Plus I've never respected teams who trade there star player in there own conference.

Than again, I'm a Knick fan and want him in NY.:D

From my understanding, they're really good friends and Kobe refers to him as his little brother or something like that [not entirely sure]

But at this point in his career, Kobe just wants to win. It's not like Melo would come in here and he'll be "the man".. Kobe is still better than him, and you can argue Gasol as well in terms of overall play.

True, not much ball to go around but I think if a player of that magnitude were to come to L.A and make it work, Melo would be that player. I can see this being a problem for Gasol though, he's complained about his touches before.

jeter 2
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't think Andrew Bynum would stop me from getting Melo. Lets put this away:

Melo-Never Injured, plays pretty much every game
Bynum-????

ChiDougie19
02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
wow if it happens!

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
It would be the same team that Miami has. Wade, Lebron, Bosh vs Kobe, Melo, Gasol

shep33
Yeah, as a Laker fan I don't want this deal...

WHODAT8o8
Gasol doesn't have enough shots as it is. If they add melo they'd have two ball hogs and melo and Kobe would be the only ones shooting hahaha

JayTee1981
Dam just deal him to NY already and get this done...the nuggets just need to let him go already LA Laker would be stupid to do this losing Bynum for a .5 season rental...sorry Denver you overplayed your hand now just deal it.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
It would be the same team that Miami has. Wade, Lebron, Bosh vs Kobe, Melo, Gasol

Just that we would still have more depth.

godolphins
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't see this happening at all

Bravo95
02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Lakers would still have Odom, Artest, and Fisher - all of whom have proven themselves in the postseason.

JayTee1981
02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
From my understanding, they're really good friends and Kobe refers to him as his little brother or something like that [not entirely sure]

But at this point in his career, Kobe just wants to win. It's not like Melo would come in here and he'll be "the man".. Kobe is still better than him, and you can argue Gasol as well in terms of overall play.

True, not much ball to go around but I think if a player of that magnitude were to come to L.A and make it work, Melo would be that player. I can see this being a problem for Gasol though, he's complained about his touches before.

I know your a Laker fan but Melo is not the type of guy that is going to stand there and be #2 option yeah Kobe and Anthony might be "boys" but its different when you're on the same team....I dont know what this new superstar trend is but I can't see how having too many superstars on one team is good.

kntresistheheat
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM

I think with kobe declining in scoring (which he is capable of scoring 50) it would be great to have another offensive type player next to kobe. You would have to choose your poison.

Heater4life
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Another big three??? :speechless:

Johnny_Chingas
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Bynum hasn't played all season for any season he's got huge potential... but everytime he goes up for a rebound or blocks a shot I hope that he doesn't get hurt! Dude is injury prone.. so if Denver is willing to take a shot at him so be it.. I welcome that trade in heartbeat...And in 2012 we get D-Howard Game over... BUT neither situation is going to happen...it's good to have dreams tho right?

NYK|NYY
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I know your a Laker fan but Melo is not the type of guy that is going to stand there and be #2 option yeah Kobe and Anthony might be "boys" but its different when you're on the same team....I dont know what this new superstar trend is but I can't see how having too many superstars on one team is good.

Honestly I was adamant that the MIA experiment wouldn't work, but clearly its working. They would find a way to make it work.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM

Probably but it seems to be working and has worked in the past. If Kobe was in his prime then I definitely don't see this working out. It didn't work with him and Shaq.. but Kobe isn't in his prime and has matured.

It would be up to Melo if he's willing to sacrifice a bit for half a season AT LEAST to win a championship. Personally, I think he can.

footballer2369
We would have no inside presence.. the thought Melo is certainly intriguing but we need a defensive big to actually have a chance to win it all.

You might be able to steal Birdman or Nene from them in the trade as well.

Bynum, S. Brown, Ebanks, Caracter, Odom, 1st for Melo, Birdman, Balkman

would be interesting.

Kenny
So the Lakers would be trying to do what Miami is doing but James and Wade are better at this point then Kobe and Melo. The one big advantage the Lakers have is their size.

Kenny
02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Probably but it seems to be working and has worked in the past. If Kobe was in his prime then I definitely don't see this working out. It didn't work with him and Shaq.. but Kobe isn't in his prime and has matured.

It would be up to Melo if he's willing to sacrifice a bit for half a season AT LEAST to win a championship. Personally, I think he can.

How has Kobe changed???? He heard Gasol for MVP talks then started shooting 25 shots a game. It is still all about Kobe being the man.He wants to win but he wants to be the reason for it.

JayTee1981
02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Honestly I was adamant that the MIA experiment wouldn't work, but clearly its working. They would find a way to make it work.

give it a little more time right they are gelling because LeBron and DWade are getting thier points but after a while Bosh will start to complain its just a matter of time

BALLER R
02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
doesnt make much sense unless lakers are also getting one of denvers big or they have another trade lined up somewhere for a big. come playoffs you need all the big men you can get especially if you end up facing boston...(shhhhh miami fans, im just trying to make a point)

AddiX

Being friends is one thing but Kobe wants the ball and wants to score.

I think Kobe is the best and have said it for years, but no matter who is on his team he wants to score. It's that simple imo.

I don't think for one second Kobe is ready to take less shots. No matter how much he is the man, Melo takes the ball out of every ones hands no matter where he goes.

BDoggaF

I am guessing probably because Boston was able to do it, and get a ring with it, and be VERY successful since they acquired ray and garnett.. However, we also go them when they were both over 30.. I think 32 and 33, and they just want to win and dont care about stats.

Not sure how well Melo and Kobe would be together. Kobe cares about winning and his stats, but Melo cares about his stats, being a number 2 would not suit him. I think the lakers should keep Bynum. Mainly because I want another starting 5 vs 5 Laker and Celtic final! Hopefully, if it happens, they can all stay healthy this year! But if yall got rid of Bynum, youd be weak in the paint and team WILL exploit that.

Vincent33
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Denver would skyrocket up the list of dumbest franchises if they are seriously considering Bynum for Carmelo straight up. Trading arguably one of the top 5 players for a guy who has never stayed healthy is beyond ridiculous. Did Denver just hire Chris Wallace as a consultant?

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
You might be able to steal Birdman or Nene from them in the trade as well.

Bynum, S. Brown, Ebanks, Caracter, Odom, 1st for Melo, Birdman, Balkman

would be interesting.

According to the "source", Denver isn't interested. They'd look at a straight up swap if it came down to it.

Squad13
02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Not happening, doesn't make sense unless they send Nene our way... even then.. makes no sense for the lakers.

Lakerfrk
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I would think that the Lakers would only be able to make this deal if Nene is involved.. which I am sure Denver is willing to do...

Squad13
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Denver would skyrocket up the list of dumbest franchises if they are seriously considering Bynum for Carmelo straight up. Trading arguably one of the top 5 players for a guy who has never stayed healthy is beyond ridiculous. Did Denver just hire Chris Wallace as a consultant?

Dude, it's better than nothing man.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
How has Kobe changed???? He heard Gasol for MVP talks then started shooting 25 shots a game. It is still all about Kobe being the man.He wants to win but he wants to be the reason for it.

Lol, I'm sure that wasn't the case. Kobe has attempted 25+ shots this season in only 9 or 10 games. He has only averaged more than 25 shots per game in one season, that being the 05-06 season. He's averaging 19 this season.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
The league better hope this doesn't happen. Melo and Kobe are already boys. We're always playing without Bynum for the most part anyway so its not like he's a crucial element of the team.

Good move for Denver if they decide to pull it off. Lets see I can either have Wilson Chandler or Bynum? Hmmmm.... Yeah I'll take Bynum for $400 Alex!!

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Being friends is one thing but Kobe wants the ball and wants to score.

I think Kobe is the best and have said it for years, but no matter who is on his team he wants to score. It's that simple imo.

I don't think for one second Kobe is ready to take less shots. No matter how much he is the man, Melo takes the ball out of every ones hands no matter where he goes.

I think it would work but I don't think it benefits the Lakers much if we give up Bynum. We're thin at the 5 and I'm not too comfortable with Pau playing Center this season seeing as how he's been pushed around and isn't as aggressive.

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
sounds like a cool 1 yr rental

Giantwarrior
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Nene is already talking about his FA status and will probably leave denver anyway. Too bad the lakers traded their 2011 1st round pick to save some cash. I think that could possibly be the deal breaker. then again lakers 1st round pick is basically a second rounder.

I would do the trade for Melo if I were the Lakers. make a package for Melo and Nene + whatever picks they can offer. If the lakers win a championship with Melo, I could see him staying and resigning.

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
so give away bynum to get melo for yr.. they cant afford 3 max contracts

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Anthony publicly said he would sign an extension if traded to Lakers, never once heard Knicks.

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't see this happening. IMO this is just the Nuggets FO trying to drive the price back up for the Knicks. This says to me that they aren't happy with what the Knicks are offering and they want more.

Frezhnitz
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I hate this trade only because they would be giving up Bynum who is young and has potential. Though he has been injured, I still would keep him. Without Bynum, the defense would be so soft. Pau can't play Center cause he'll get punked around.

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 01:38 PM
good for denver not just letting melo walk and get nothing in return. DO IT MITCH!

melo,nene for bynum,shannon,walton,ebanks,future picks :D

Nene
Gasol-Odom
Melo-Artest
Kobe
Fisher-Blake

oh yeah. lol
they arent getting nene...

wtf? where do u ppl come up w this ****

Tony_Starks
so give away bynum to get melo for yr.. they cant afford 3 max contracts

If you think Melo wouldn't stay in LA you are really crazy. Him and Bynum are making about the same money already. They don't have to max him right now. You don't think he'd go the Lebron and Wade route and take less for now to win a chip?

oak2455
Anthony publicly said he would sign an extension if traded to Lakers, never once heard Knicks.

really wheres this link never has he said anything:facepalm: can't wait til this is over then you will be silent..........hopefully:D

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
really wheres this link never has he said anything:facepalm: can't wait til this is over then you will be silent..........hopefully:D

You need to relax how many times have NY fans got excited and nobody came? The Knicks arent the yankees. No LeBron, No Bosh, No Wade, now no Melo. No Cliff Lee, no Carl Crawford. Once this is over you guys wont stop next it will be Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul. It will never be over for the Knicks. Usually when a fan base calls their team good they dont nonstop talk about other stars and make posts nonstop about them. :)

BrahCake954
If you think Melo wouldn't stay in LA you are really crazy. Him and Bynum are making about the same money already. They don't have to max him right now. You don't think he'd go the Lebron and Wade route and take less for now to win a chip?

kobe is getting more than max :facepalm: they cant do it, theyd also take on nuggets bad contracts.. it will be a yr rental

JordansBulls
You actually think Melo wants to play behind someone as the 2nd option going to their city as well?

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't see this happening. IMO this is just the Nuggets FO trying to drive the price back up for the Knicks. This says to me that they aren't happy with what the Knicks are offering and they want more.

Bingo.. I never believed the intial deal would be close to enough to satisfy Denver. They are definitely trying to pressure our Egotistical owner to over spend. Walsh wont bite if Denver asks for too much tho. I hope

ATX
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM

I hope so, because the Knicks were getting away with murder in that deal. Then again, I think the Lakers could be serious, because Boston is on it's last legs. JO and Shaq are shells of their former selves, and Perkins may leave. The Lakers may be looking at it like they are going to have to compete with the Heat for the next five years. Thus, they may want to become more perimeter oriented. Bynum, has a long history of injury problems, and I'm just not as high on him as Laker fans are. I think that move would be good for LA. Kobe/Pau/Melo would be a great matchup for Wade/Bosh/James.

Johnny_Chingas
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM
damn Tony Love your Avatar and Sig who is that broad?

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I thought the NYets were a lock to get MELO..

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope so, because the Knicks were getting away with murder in that deal. Then again, I think the Lakers could be serious, because Boston is on it's last legs. JO and Shaq are shells of their former selves, and Perkins may leave. The Lakers may be looking at it like they are going to have to compete with the Heat for the next five years. Thus, they may want to become more perimeter oriented. Bynum, has a long history of injury problems, and I'm just as high on him as Laker fans are. I think that move would be good for LA. Kobe/Pau/Melo would be a great matchup for Wade/Bosh/James.

In all honesty I'd prefer a package including Bynum over anything the Knicks can give. I'd hate to see Melo go to the Lakers but I do like Bynum.

shep33
02-08-2011, 01:46 PM

the only thing I'd say about that,is if Melo goes to the Knicks, I'm pretty sure he'd still be a number 2 option behind Amare.

oak2455
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
You need to relax how many times have NY fans got excited and nobody came? The Knicks arent the yankees. No LeBron, No Bosh, No Wade, now no Melo. No Cliff Lee, no Carl Crawford. Once this is over you guys wont stop next it will be Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul. It will never be over for the Knicks. Usually when a fan base calls their team good they dont nonstop talk about other stars and make posts nonstop about them. :)

really thats you answer only wanted LBJ, no Bosh No Wade so wtf are you talking about? BO OUTLAW wanna be:D Cliff Lee plays in the NBA?? you are a fool, wheres the link I asked for or do you dream this stuff up? Or should I type slower for you:confused:

BTW DA Yanks only wanted Cliff Lee Not Carl Crawford get your facts straight then maybe you can talk ****:facepalm:

shep33
02-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I still think he goes to NYC... Mitch wouldn't pull this deal unless he gets a big back, which I don't think is gonna happen. It's still better than what the Knicks would give up, but i don't think LA would make this move

Weezy
02-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Dude please.. just stop. You claimed the Nets were better than Bulls, Heat and Orlando with Rip and Melo:facepalm:

ATX
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
In all honesty I'd prefer a package including Bynum over anything the Knicks can give. I'd hate to see Melo go to the Lakers but I do like Bynum.

Oh, for sure. I was just trying to state it from a Laker FO position. They may not value Bynum as much as most of their fans do, adn I think they may be looking at Miami as the team to compete with for the forseeable future. But yes, I agree and hope Denver gets as much as they can for Melo. The NY deal is a joke. If he goes to LA, a deal centered around Bynum is way better than A. Randolph and a pick. I hope Denver can pry some picks away either way. I love the city of Denver, and want them to get the best deal possible.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
kobe is getting more than max :facepalm: they cant do it, theyd also take on nuggets bad contracts.. it will be a yr rental

Dude listen to me: Bynum and Melo's contracts match up. Get it? That means once they get him they can give him a contract similar to what Bynum already had roughly $13milli this year, 14 next and 16 after that.

roygconner
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
How about this trade?

Lakers: Melo, Harrington, and Birdman

Denver: Bynum, OJ Mayo, D. Arthur and 4.5 mil of the vujacic trade exception

Memphis: Artest, S. Williams, Caracter and a 1st from LA 2nd from Den

ny212
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
maybe theres a secret 3 way deal wit lakers nuggets and knicke
the base of it could be
melo to the lakers
nene-knicks
curry/bynum to nuggets-between the both of them they only have to play half game each and wont get hurt as much maybe

Lakeshow86
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
The only way I see it happening is if a good solid defensive Center is involved as well. Nene would be great to be thrown in the picture as well. If its just Bynum for Melo straight up I say no go. lakers need Bynums size to go up against the Celtics should they face them in the finals

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
really thats you answer only wanted LBJ, no Bosh No Wade so wtf are you talking about? BO OUTLAW wanna be:D Cliff Lee plays in the NBA?? you are a fool, wheres the link I asked for or do you dream this stuff up? Or should I type slower for you:confused:

BTW DA Yanks only wanted Cliff Lee Not Carl Crawford get your facts straight then maybe you can talk ****:facepalm:

Im just making it known that NY isnt a top destination for superstars in the sports world. Even A-ROD didnt want to go to NY.

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Dude listen to me: Bynum and Melo's contracts match up. Get it? That means once they get him they can give him a contract similar to what Bynum already had roughly $13milli this year, 14 next and 16 after that.

they wont be able to do it, do u not understand this? kobrick is getting 27 mill a yr.. gasol is basically a max, melo wants a max.. they wont be able to do it with the bad contracts theyd be taking on.. this deal wont happen

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Melo/Nene for Bynum,Odom and Artest.

Giraffes Rule
As a Spurs fan, I would love for this to happen. I think it sets them back this season, but after this season they'll be really scary.

Hopefully they include Shannon Brown as well, just to take away more of their youth. :p

they wont be able to do it, do u not understand this? kobrick is getting 27 mill a yr.. gasol is basically a max, melo wants a max.. they wont be able to do it with the bad contracts theyd be taking on.. this deal wont happen

Do you not understand how trades work? Bynum for Melo does work.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=49ahhuh

And, looking at their payroll, after this year they have about 75.6 million on the books. Give Melo a back loaded contract and it works.

Teeboy1487
Of course I would do this in a heart beat but I still have doubts. Without Bynum, we lose length, toughness, and more importantly our inside presence. Offensively, we may improve with Melo but we would be worse defensively. I'm 50/50 on this. I might hate Bynum but even I know he is important to our team. I would feel a lot more comfortable we got a defensive big-man in return. That might require a third team.

J4KOP99
Lakers won't do this. They need Bynum to win and unless they get a big in return(nene) they will not trade AB for Carmelo....

oak2455
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Im just making it known that NY isnt a top destination for superstars in the sports world. Even A-ROD didnt want to go to NY.
again I think you talk out of your azz

Rentzias
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Damn. Then Denver's gotta be on page 33 of the rankings.

king4day

Crawford was never really an option. They got Amar'e, so you can wipe Bosh off the list as that was never a real option.
What's wrong with a front office willing to go balls out to get stars to come there. It gets the fans excited and should.

Avenged
Of course I would do this in a heart beat but I still have doubts. Without Bynum, we lose length, toughness, and more importantly our inside presence. Offensively, we may improve with Melo but we would be worse defensively. I'm 50/50 on this. I might hate Bynum but even I know he is important to our team. I would feel a lot more comfortable we got a defensive big-man in return. That might require a third team.

That might require someone trying to help the Lakers out.. which NO team is willing to do, or should be willing to do for back to back champions.

bahama0811
Melo/Nene for Bynum,Odom and Artest.

Guess you didn't read the article where it said the Nuggets don't want Artest and don't really want Odom either.

DoMeFavors
again I think you talk out of your azz

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.

Gibby23
If the Lakers are putting Bynum on the table, this is a way better deal than taking back role players from the Knicks and Wolvs. If Bynum gets hurt next year Dnever doesn't have to pick up the option on his contract after next year. I think the deal would be something like Bynum and Ebanks for Melo and a second deal of the lakers trade exp for the birdman.

Teeboy1487
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
That might require someone trying to help the Lakers out.. which NO team is willing to do, or should be willing to do for back to back champions.

I definitely understand :(.

Khalifa21
02-08-2011, 02:00 PM
No chance...

Neither Kobe or Melo want to share the ball with another perimeter orientated superstar.

Melo wants to be on the east coast.

The Nuggets don't wanna trade him to a team in the west.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Did you just say Kobrick? Wow I've actually never heard that one before. Thanks for showing me your a hater though, no need for further discussion.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
No chance...

Neither Kobe or Melo want to share the ball with another perimeter orientated superstar.

Are those the rumors and storys Knicks fans are making up to make themselves feel better these days?

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
No chance...

Lala would love LA.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
damn Tony Love your Avatar and Sig who is that broad?

Hey she's pretty legit thats Bria Myles a video chick from out here in LA. Thats actually a modest pic I was tryna put something up that wasn't too explicit. She's a thick one though!!

BrahCake954
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Did you just say Kobrick? Wow I've actually never heard that one before. Thanks for showing me your a hater though, no need for further discussion.

thanks for proving my point.. its a 1 yr rental.. have any other irrelevant comments for me?

J4KOP99
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Wait so for people saying the Nuggets wouldn't give up Nene... what happens if they were to get Bynum?

One of them would come off the bench? Theres no way they could play together.

Mr Grim
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Are those the rumors and storys Knicks fans are making up to make themselves feel better these days?

How's that blueprint for greatness working out? Does having a meaningless motto for a horrendous team help take away the sting no one wants to play for the Nets?

Khalifa21
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Still bitter Melo didn't wanna sign the extension with you? Cos as far as I can see the Knicks are well and truly ahead of anyone in terms of acquiring Melo...

Lala would love LA.

Good for her... I don't think that's gonna bother Melo much considering she'd love NY just as much if not more...

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
How's that blueprint for greatness working out? Does having a meaningless motto for a horrendous team help take away the sting no one wants to play for the Nets?

Excuse me? This thread is on Carmelo and the rumors about his possible destination, I didnt see the part about the Nets in this thread.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Still bitter Melo didn't wanna sign the extension with you? Cos as far as I can see the Knicks are well and truly ahead of anyone in terms of acquiring Melo...

Good for her... I don't think that's gonna bother Melo much considering she'd love NY just as much if not more...

Carmelo Anthony and Lala live in LOS ANGELES in the off season

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Wait so for people saying the Nuggets wouldn't give up Nene... what happens if they were to get Bynum?

One of them would come off the bench? Theres no way they could play together.

Nene is a PF that has been playing C for the last couple of years. Nene has always wanted to start at PF. This would be a huge help, that could be one hell of a front court. And yes, they could most definitely play together.

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM

It's quite obvious that Lala is the one that wears the pants in the family.

Mr Grim
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Excuse me? This thread is on Carmelo and the rumors about his possible destination, I didnt see the part about the Nets in this thread.

LOL you're hating all over the Knicks and their fans, yet you're going to be all bold about it and put that corny motto in your sig and expect people not to bring it up? Thats great, but you didnt answer my question. Wherent the Nets a "rumored" destination? Oh wait thats right no one wants to go play there and they only had to be shutdown numerous times. Im sorry. Think back fondly to the days of Derrick Coleman haha

Avenged
02-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Nene is a PF that has been playing C for the last couple of years. Nene has always wanted to start at PF. This would be a huge help, that could be one hell of a front court. And yes, they could most definitely play together.

If you can add a top 10 player to your roster assuming Nene/Bynum play together, your team would be scary. It would have to be a SG/SF non 1 dimensional player though.

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
If you can add a top 10 player to your roster assuming Nene/Bynum play together, your team would be scary. It would have to be a SG/SF non 1 dimensional player though.

Yeah, most definitely. We have too many 1 dimensional players already.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
LOL you're hating all over the Knicks and their fans, yet you're going to be all bold about it and put that corny motto in your sig and expect people not to bring it up? Thats great, but you didnt answer my question. Wherent the Nets a "rumored" destination? Oh wait thats right no one wants to go play there and they only had to be shutdown numerous times. Im sorry. Think back fondly to the days of Derrick Coleman haha

Amare 100 million offer by NYK
Sun offer 80 million

He made it clear he would have stayed with the Suns had they given him that contract. Nobody seemed to want to Knicks. Did you get your Dwight Howard Knick jersey yet?

Mr Grim
02-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Amare 100 million offer by NYK
Sun offer 80 million

He made it clear he would have stayed with the Suns had they given him that contract. Nobody seemed to want to Knicks. Did you get your Dwight Howard Knick jersey yet?

Yeah so? Whats your point? We spent the dough and it was worth it. Now because of that we stand a good chance of landing Melo because playing with another superstar is a lot more appealing to him than playing in Newark with nothing. Did you get your Travis Outlaw jersey and your blue print tee?

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah so? Whats your point? We spent the dough and it was worth it. Now because of that we stand a good chance of landing Melo because playing with another superstar is a lot more appealing to him than playing in Newark with nothing. Did you get your Travis Outlaw jersey and your blue print tee?

Really you work for the Knicks?
Nobody wants to play for the Knicks its NY media knowing Knick fans will tune in wanting to make some cash. :facepalm:

oak2455
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM

you are a clown you just told me about Cliff Lee CC and Arod do you have lose of memory:facepalm: funny people on here.....BTW Broussard was just on ESPN and he said it looks like the Nuggets want more from the Knicks this is why the LA rumors started..,also one of the Buss's dont want to give up Bynum:D he drafted him....we'll see

Bornknick73
02-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone who think sMelo and Kobe wouldnt make for a insane Laker team is bugging. No team in the League would be able to guard those 2.

But a trading for Melo kills your 2012 window for Howard. And if I had to choose between the 2 I take Howard. The lakers have been a C driven team for most of thier existence. I cant see them ruining their chances to fleece Orlando again.

After Kobe retires D12 is the next Laker savior.

jim51990
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
as a celtics fan i like it because the lakers size is their biggest strength if they where to this that goes out the window
and it needs to be noted kobe is not lebron who works well with great players because of his passing ability i dont think kobe melo will mesh well

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
you are a clown you just told me about Cliff Lee CC and Arod do you have lose of memory:facepalm: funny people on here.....BTW Broussard was just on ESPN and he said it looks like the Nuggets want more from the Knicks this is why the LA rumors started..,also one of the Buss's dont want to give up Bynum:D he drafted him....we'll see

Broussard " LeBron is going to Chicago to play for the Bulls"
Day of LeBrons announcment " LeBron is going to Miami, I was wrong. Am I ever right?"

oak2455
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey she's pretty legit thats Bria Myles a video chick from out here in LA. Thats actually a modest pic I was tryna put something up that wasn't too explicit. She's a thick one though!!

I Googled her amazing:eyebrow:

shep33
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I think this deal is good for the Nuggets, I mean Drew is one of the better bigs in the league. Defensively he's solid, offensively if he got more shots he could average 20 ppg. Don't like it for the Lakers because if they don't get a big back, they lose their length.

Denver also has to consider that Nene is probably gonna leave. So Drew taking his spot would be perfect for them.

oak2455
02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
An ESPN report that the Lakers were in preliminary talks with Denver for the Nuggets' unhappy all-star forward was quickly rebuffed by the Lakers.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

The report said the deal would revolve around Bynum for Anthony, though a team source told The Times on Tuesday that the Lakers were unwilling to deal Bynum, the 23-year-old center who has been plagued by knee problems.

Bynum is considered the personal project of Lakers executive Jim Buss, the son of team owner Jerry Buss.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/02/dont-count-on-carmelo-anthony-coming-to-lakers.html

ChiDougie19
trade gasol 2 orlando b4 dwight just walks away in 2012

ChiDougie19
nuff money then^

Mr Grim
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Really you work for the Knicks?
Nobody wants to play for the Knicks its NY media knowing Knick fans will tune in wanting to make some cash. :facepalm:

How exactly are Knicks fans making cash? What are you talking about? The media wants me to tune in and wants me to make cash? awesome. :facepalm:

But hey, the Nets are better than the Knicks right? Travis Outlaw was a massive earth shattering-franchise changing-super player and the key piece on the blue print. Im sorry forgot.

JNA17
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Bynum, Ebanks, Brown, picks for melo and nene :D

BucktownUSA
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Lakers ohhhh man this would be very scary for the West. i wish this trade goes down

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
How exactly are Knicks fans making cash? What are you talking about? The media wants me to tune in and wants me to make cash? awesome. :facepalm:

But hey, the Nets are better than the Knicks right? Travis Outlaw was a massive earth shattering-franchise changing-super player and the key piece on the blue print. Im sorry forgot.

Travis Outlaw wasnt given a max deal, so no our best players are an all star pg, and future HOF Center Brook Lopez. Not to mention all those draft picks over the next 2 years.

JNA17
02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
http://twitter.com/HoLLi614

In a shocking turn of events Nuggets' superstar Carmelo Anthony retires from basketball.

:laugh:

TO to the CHI
02-08-2011, 02:33 PM

You can't start trash talking Knicks (and Yankees) fans and then all of a sudden say to get back on topic when the Nets get ripped. I hate the Knicks more than any team in the league, but right now their future does look to be on the uptick and they certainly do appear to be Melo's favored destination (though nothing is sealed yet). Next time, don't talk smack if you don't want people to respond in kind.

As an aside, is your nickname asking for people to do you favors, or for Favors to do you? Serious question.

On topic, I think the Lakers would have to deal this if it was actually feasible. Bynum is an inside presence, but the health concerns are huge (tough to argue that you need him for the playoffs when you don't know if you can count on him for the playoffs), and adding Melo would make the team very difficult to defend, would reduce double-teams, would open up the paint more for Gasol, and would make them lethal (even more so) in late game situations. Going for the 3-Peat should be priority number 1. Especially with Bryant on the back-9 of his career.

Also, the comments about D12 being the Lakers' future are ridiculous. He might be, but the Lakers would be fools to pass up Melo now to have a possibility of maybe getting Dwight later. I would feel differently if that was more of a sure thing.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
You can't start trash talking Knicks (and Yankees) fans and then all of a sudden say to get back on topic when the Nets get ripped. I hate the Knicks more than any team in the league, but right now their future does look to be on the uptick and they certainly do appear to be Melo's favored destination (though nothing is sealed yet). Next time, don't talk smack if you don't want people to respond in kind.

As an aside, is your nickname asking for people to do you favors, or for Favors to do you? Serious question.

On topic, I think the Lakers would have to deal this if it was actually feasible. Bynum is an inside presence, but the health concerns are huge (tough to argue that you need him for the playoffs when you don't know if you can count on him for the playoffs), and adding Melo would make the team very difficult to defend, would reduce double-teams, would open up the paint more for Gasol, and would make them lethal (even more so) in late game situations. Going for the 3-Peat should be priority number 1. Especially with Bryant on the back-9 of his career.

Also, the comments about D12 being the Lakers' future are ridiculous. He might be, but the Lakers would be fools to pass up Melo now to have a possibility of maybe getting Dwight later. I would feel differently if that was more of a sure thing.

I dont respond to immature posters like youself.

da wood
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
if this happens it will be all bad for the rest of the league.....only thing we would need a big in return i would like nene becauses he has size on him but the birdman would work

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
if this happens it will be all bad for the rest of the league.....only thing we would need a big in return i would like nene becauses he has size on him but the birdman would work

Fisher
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Gasol

seems fine in my book

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't want Melo, gimme Dwight...

TO to the CHI
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I dont respond to immature posters like youself.

Not sure what you mean. My question was serious. I have always been curious what you intended with the nickname.

As to the rest of it, it seems that you threw the first punch, then got upset when others responded in kind. I guess I just don't know why you would approach things like that.

da wood
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
imagine melo getting the ball kicked to him instead of ron ron big differance huge. and as far as the inside goes what 3 do you know that can hamdle melo in the post just saying

da wood
02-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Fisher
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Gasol

seems fine in my book

yeah it seems fine untill you get to the bench who will come off and play odom

JNA17
02-08-2011, 02:42 PM

pau gasol sign and trade to the magic for dwight?

2012 lineup:
PG: ? (assuming Fisher retires or we start blake)
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Lamar Odom
C: Dwight Howard

there u go :D

ManRam
02-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Dwight isn't remotely available right now...

Give me your entire roster for Dwight and Gil and I'll do it, otherwise, he's definitely staying put for this season.

JNA17
02-08-2011, 02:43 PM
yeah it seems fine untill you get to the bench who will come off and play odom

Artest would then come off the bench.

NYSpirit1
02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Three separate outlets report, Kobe, Phil puzzled:

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/02/08/2011-02-08_carmelo_anthonyforandrew_bynum_trade_proposal_t urned_down_by_lakers_jim_buss_son.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/8/1982338/carmelo-anthony-trade-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-andrew-bynum

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/02/dont-count-on-carmelo-anthony-coming-to-lakers.html

The Lakers recently turned down a deal for Carmelo Anthony because Jim Buss, the son of team owner Jerry Buss, does not want to part with Andrew Bynum.

The News has learned that Jim Buss, who holds the title of Lakers VP of Player Personnel, rejected a deal for Anthony, who would gladly sign an extension with the two-time defending champs.

Buss has strong ties to Bynum, the New Jersey native who Buss drafted right out of high school. It was Buss who refused to trade Bynum to the Nets in a deal for Jason Kidd despite Kobe Bryant pushing for the trade.

In fact, both Kobe and head coach Phil Jackson are in favor of a deal for Anthony.

"If that's the case why don't they just go straight to Jerry Buss and tell him to make the deal," said one league executive.

It's unlikely that Denver would trade Anthony to Los Angeles unless a potential deal included the 7-foot Bynum.

da wood
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
yeah but he cant play the 4

Tarheels23
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Fisher
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Gasol

seems fine in my book

Yes, but the Lakers have taken away from their frontcourt depth/size, and also their depth overall. They now plug in their best bench player in the starting lineup. Now Im not saying that their starters arent terrific if that happens, because that might be the best starting 5 in the league.

But it takes more than 5 to win a ring. And I do think the Lakers would get killed on the boards and in the paint, not to mention when their bench is in the game.

bkcpfan9984
02-08-2011, 02:46 PM
So in other words the lakers are going to try and rip off the nuggets like they did the grizzlies several yrs ago. Back when they offered kwame brown for gasol. Talk about a joke. Now they want to offer bynum who can't saty healthy at all for melo. Sounds like another bs attempt by LA

JNA17
02-08-2011, 02:46 PM
yeah but he cant play the 4

Derrick Character baby :D

oak2455
02-08-2011, 02:47 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/...s-for-carmelo/
NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) – The Knicks are advancing on a three-team trade that could land Carmelo Anthony in New York.
According to the Daily News, Knicks owner James Dolan “is taking a more active role” in the pursuit of Anthony and “has had direct negotiations” with the Denver Nuggets.
“Dolan’s decision to become more involved in the Anthony trade talks is a sign that the Knicks are closing in on a deal for the All-Star forward,” reported the Daily News.
Meanwhile, Frank Isola reported on Tuesday that Jim Buss rejected a deal that would send Carmelo to the Los Angeles Lakers for Andrew Bynum, “to the dismay” of Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson.
“If I’m the Lakers I make the deal because Kobe is getting up there in age. If I’m Denver I don’t cause Bynum has the legs of a 40 year old,” Isola tweeted.
Also involved in the Knicks’ reported three-team negotiations are the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Post reported on Monday that the Knicks have discussed adding Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, rookie Andy Rautins, and the expiring contracts of Kelenna Azubuike and Eddy Curry to the trade mix.
Minnesota would send a first-round draft pick and Corey Brewer to the Nuggets, while adding Randolph and Curry from New York.

Gibby23
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
ok, but that is Jim Buss not the owner Jerry buss:

Broussard twitter, in an apparent reference to Isola:

Sources tell me "nothing's dead" between LA-Den trade talks. Def true though that Jim Buss loves Bynum and views Jim as his project.

ManRam
02-08-2011, 02:50 PM
On one hand, I think it's the right deal because I don't think Melo actually makes them better...despite being the far superior player. Also, there's no guarantee Melo stays.

However, this is Andrew Bynum, who is always hurt and the Lakers have won in the playoffs without him really being a factor.

Gibby23
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) – The Knicks are advancing on a three-team trade that could land Carmelo Anthony in New York.
According to the Daily News, Knicks owner James Dolan “is taking a more active role” in the pursuit of Anthony and “has had direct negotiations” with the Denver Nuggets.
“Dolan’s decision to become more involved in the Anthony trade talks is a sign that the Knicks are closing in on a deal for the All-Star forward,” reported the Daily News.
Meanwhile, Frank Isola reported on Tuesday that Jim Buss rejected a deal that would send Carmelo to the Los Angeles Lakers for Andrew Bynum, “to the dismay” of Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson.
“If I’m the Lakers I make the deal because Kobe is getting up there in age. If I’m Denver I don’t cause Bynum has the legs of a 40 year old,” Isola tweeted.
Also involved in the Knicks’ reported three-team negotiations are the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Post reported on Monday that the Knicks have discussed adding Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, rookie Andy Rautins, and the expiring contracts of Kelenna Azubuike and Eddy Curry to the trade mix.
Minnesota would send a first-round draft pick and Corey Brewer to the Nuggets, while adding Randolph and Curry from New York.

Broussard twitter, in an apparent reference to Isola:

Sources tell me "nothing's dead" between LA-Den trade talks. Def true though that Jim Buss loves Bynum and views Jim as his project.

beasted86
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Mods please merge this with the other thread.

I thought only "news" got it's own thread, not more speculation on an existing story?

The Final Boss
02-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, it would be cool but it wouldn't solve the Lakers problems. I mean unless Mitch somehow manages to get a defensive big, then this deal would be HUGE for the Lakers. With Melo, the Center spot doesn't need to be filled with a great player but someone solid enough to fill the void..

This post is adorable. What has the sporting world become that people are referring to General Managers on a first- name basis? He isn't Elvis, Prince, or Cher there, guy.

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Melo is a great scorer, selfish at times. I would love to see Kobe and Melo on the same team to scorers that are selfish.

LAL would also lose their advantage they have over most teams(size). The upside is that they have to start thinking about the future.

D Blue987
02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
My gut tells me this is the right deal for the Lakers. While Bynum does give us great size advantage, I think what Melo would bring to the team would outweigh the cost. Melo gives the team all the offense they are ever going to need. Nobody really thinks about it either in that Melo can get some of those bigs into foul trouble as well. Clearly this formula is working for the Heat as much as it pains me to say but the Lakers have a complete team with players outside of the core guys of Pau Melo and Kobe. That team would be unbelievable. Gotta happen.

Lakeshow86
02-08-2011, 03:00 PM
How about this trade. I did it on Espn trade machine. Its a 3 team trade:

Lakers Get: Melo, Biedrins and Amundson
Warriors Get: Artest, Walton and Ratliff and possibly laker draft picks
Nuggets Get: Bynum

Lakers get Melo and they also get a good solid defensive minded bigman by trading away Artest.

warriors get Artest, who is still a very good player despite stuggling this year because he really doesnt fit with the triangle. Artest should do very well in GS. Walton and Ratliff are thrown in to make the money work and possibly Lakers draft picks for the future.

Nuggets get Bynum.

|x-M1NTy-x|
02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Lakers butt-pound nuggets yes! Bynum clearly hits the MRI office more often than anything.. nuggets clearly don't want more role player's

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
This Lakers team isnt the best anymor with all the teams adding stars, Lakers will go after Melo hard.

m77s
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, It must be nice to be a fan of an organization that makes big time moves to improve their team, i.e. LA, Miami, Dallas,

We signed J-Will.

Signed,

Envious Grizzlies Fan

210Don
lol yeah right lakers would take that in a second. i dont see nuggets doin it though to fuel another 7 years of laker dominance.

faze38
For the people saying it's Jim not Jerry u need to wake up much like the Yankees did this team will be passed on to his kids and their thoughts are very important to Jerry. So if Jim says No I doubt it will go down. Jim also said no to Bosh and Kidd so what do u think is going to happen now! Bynum is Jim's player and I have to say I see them building around him in the future!

8kobe24
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
This post is adorable. What has the sporting world become that people are referring to General Managers on a first- name basis? He isn't Elvis, Prince, or Cher there, guy.

We used to call him Mitch "Cupcake"...until he made that trade for Gasol.:D

Lakeshow86
02-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Warriors Get: Artest, Walton and Ratliff and possibly picks

Lakers get Melo and they also get a good solid defensive minded bigman by trading away Artest.

8kobe24
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM

If this is true, then Jim buss is crazy.

Giraffes Rule
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Seriously? Is there something wrong with you?

It's called "trolling." Just ignore him, he only posts to try to get a rise out of people. Doesn't have anything worthwhile to add to any sports conversation.

JNA17
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
If this is true, then Jim buss is crazy.

problem is, jim buss is not an owner nor a gm.

The Final Boss
02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
We used to call him Mitch "Cupcake"...until he made that trade for Gasol.:D

He's been called 'Cupcake' since he was a player. I'm a Lakers fan. And yes, I am from Los Angeles.

Flojo
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Melo is a great scorer, selfish at times. I would love to see Kobe and Melo on the same team to scorers that are selfish.

LAL would also lose their advantage they have over most teams(size). The upside is that they have to start thinking about the future.

This, pretty much. With the Melo and Dwight rumors, the Lakers could possibly get two amazing assets for the future. However, they'd likely be trashing some of their short term possibilities.

STAT32
02-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Warriors Get: Artest, Walton and Ratliff and possibly laker draft picks

warriors get Artest, who is still a very good player despite stuggling this year because he really doesnt fit with the triangle. Artest should do very well in GS. Walton and Ratliff are thrown in to make the money work and possibly Lakers draft picks for the future.

Nuggets get Bynum.

So let me get this straight, the Lakers give up Artest (Head case), Bynum (Injury prone), Walton (Injury Prone), and Ratliff (Insignificant). And in return you receive Carmelo Anthony, Andris Biedrins, and Louis Amundson.

Boy, that Pau trade has given new life to the term "La-La Land".

Hunter48MVP
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Who cares what Jim Buss says he is not the owner

GeekInThePink
02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
It kills me how overrated Andrew Bynum is.

xxplayerxx23
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Den might want more then just bynum so prob not ganna happen but it would be good for both the Lakers and Warriors, warriors need defense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
wow this is getting interisting:jumpy:

lakersrnumber1
02-08-2011, 03:27 PM

no no i like your idea but getting other player will mess up the trade 1 4 1 denver get a twin tower combo in drew and nene. its also good 4 lakers who get a big 3 with no defense. WAT lakers need 2 do is go after marcus camby 2 back up Gasol and our second unit will be a defensive nightmre with camy, artest barnes sound nice.One line can score and the other can play d Mitch do it pls its time drew move on hes a good player but he is held back in la because of Gasol. This is alot better then what they are getting from nyc.

xxplayerxx23
02-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Den might want more then just bynum so prob not ganna happen but it would be good for both the Lakers and Warriors, warriors need defense

Squad13
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM

The Warriors are included to get butt raped? get real . I'm a lakers fan btw

thephoenixson28
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
It kills me how overrated Andrew Bynum is.This. Anthony for bynum. And they think the Gasol trade was a rape. This would be raw, no Vaseline, Elephant into a Midget Rape Status.

pd1dish
02-08-2011, 03:41 PM
LA is going to be ridiculous for many years to come if this deal goes down because now theres sources saying dwight wants to be in LA or NY in 2012. in the carmelo deal, they would be trading bynum away and that would leave the center position wide open for dwight to come in next year. LA would keep their core players in kobe, odom off the bench, and gasol at PF. i just wonder how carmelo and kobe would play together.

i would love to see carmelo in LA even though i dont like the lakers at all. i just would rather see melo stay in the west than go to NY and make another legit contending team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 03:44 PM
It kills me how overrated Andrew Bynum is.

he kills bargnani though

Anon
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Carmelo this year. Dwight next year. Dynasty.

kblo247
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Actually it isn't dead, according to Stephen A, Bucher, and Broussard. ALakers rep said the reported 1 for 1 deal was inaccurate to them

They are discussing it on ESPN Radio
http://espn.go.com/losangeles/radio/show?showId=max

They are likely going to make a deal it appears one way or the other from the way they are talking, and Melo would sign an extension according to Broussard for the Lakers as well but not for the other LA team or any team besides NYK according to his people because he gets everything he wants with the Lakers and would only be trading playing at home for playing with his "big brother".

effen5
02-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Thread title is very misleading....and I wonder what the suicide rate in NYC would be if the Lakers pulled this off lmao.

shizzle09
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Ummmmm, You think Artest wants any part of being on Golden State???? Better yet you think the warriors want a player who wants no part of being on that team. Artest has tasted the championship and with his mental state he would flip out for sure.

jiggin
02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I would laugh so hard if the Lakers end up with Melo and he signs an extension.

if the son of the owner (the VP of player performance or whatever) is the only thing stopping this from happening...it will eventually happen.

No way Phil and Kobe don't get what they want because of the owners son and his "pet project". It just makes too much sense if the nuggets are willing to do this.

iggypop123
02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
this is a non story. La times already shot it down. i have a feeling denver leaked this to get NY to up their offer becuase they are operating in a position of weakness right now.

Algmuskrats
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey Lakers how about you go for a PG like Nash or CP3 and have him sign an extension instead of taking mins away from Lamar at the SF position.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey Lakers how about you go for a PG like Nash or CP3 and have him sign an extension instead of taking mins away from Lamar at the SF position.

Lamar doesn't play at all at SF

YankeeClipper5
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Lamar Odom would be back as the starting power forward and Anthony would take over for Ron Artest at small forward.

kswissdaf
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Kobe and melo two of the biggest ball hogs in the league dont know if that will work

Sportfan
02-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I dont think it's possible for Denver to get a better deal than this

Sick™
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Why would he turn this down?

Sick™
I hope this gets through.

Sick™
There is no reason for not trading Bynum for Anothny

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Kobe and melo two of the biggest ball hogs in the league dont know if that will work

:facepalm:

Chronz
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I wish it would have happened, Lakers losing length would be the best thing for the league

Jewelz0376
02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

It worked offensively with AI and that was even as worse combo because Melo was younger and AI is more of a "ball hog"... Their problem was obviously on D, but that won't be a problem with the Lakers for obvious reasons...

TheHoopsProphet
02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Lamar doesn't play at all at SF

In fact he would be starting again.

I'm actually not a big fan of carmelo. He's a diva who doesnt play D, shoots inefficiently, and thinks hes better than he actually is. So IDK if this honestly makes us better. We will vastly miss Bynum come playoffs, if this trade goes down. Our defensive rating skyrocets with him on the floor, and he is an efficient post-player. In fact, if he were healthy, I might go as far as saying many teams would prefer him over Melo. But this injury trend is for too ominous to ignore and say its going to just suddenly stop when he gets even older. I don't trust Bynum's health, so I just say go for it.

Will this actually make us better? Definitely not this year. Maybe in the long run. I think we'll need to trade for a big too. Maybe get Chris Anderson in the deal.

I have mixed-feelings. A talented 7-foot Kareem prodigy doesn't come around very often. But this guy just, cant, stay, healthy.

Maybe we should shop Bynum around the entire league to see what else we can get, I dont think I want Melo. We need size in the frontcourt too. I dont trust Pau's defense anymore.

Sportfan
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
LA is going to be ridiculous for many years to come if this deal goes down because now theres sources saying dwight wants to be in LA or NY in 2012. in the carmelo deal, they would be trading bynum away and that would leave the center position wide open for dwight to come in next year. LA would keep their core players in kobe, odom off the bench, and gasol at PF. i just wonder how carmelo and kobe would play together.

i would love to see carmelo in LA even though i dont like the lakers at all. i just would rather see melo stay in the west than go to NY and make another legit contending team.
LA doesn't have the money to sign D12

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
this is a non story. La times already shot it down. i have a feeling denver leaked this to get NY to up their offer becuase they are operating in a position of weakness right now.

It's actually been reported that Melo's agent leaked it. They are really trying to get him out of Denver. I'd guess that this means that the Nuggets aren't exactly happy with the Knicks offer.

AddiX
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I wonder if Denver completely understands that if they don't trade Melo, he is going to shut it down for the rest of the season. He's not going to risk losing a $65 million extension to play hard for a team he doesn't want to play for.

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I wonder if Denver completely understands that if they don't trade Melo, he is going to shut it down for the rest of the season. He's not going to risk losing a $65 million extension to play hard for a team he doesn't want to play for.

Do you completely understand that if he doesn't sign the extension before the season is over he doesn't get it? His only way of getting that money is either signing the extension with Denver or sign it with whoever Denver trades him to. If Melo wants the money he'll sign it either way.

SteBO
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Do you completely understand that if he doesn't sign the extension before the season is over he doesn't get it? His only way of getting that money is either signing the extension with Denver or sign it with whoever Denver trades him to. If Melo wants the money he'll sign it either way.
This is why I seriously question what Melos' priorities are. If he really cares about the money, why would he be concerned about where he gets traded to? In fact, wouldn't he have signed the extension with Denver in the first place? Then again, if he really wants to win, why would he care about the potential loss of big money? At the end of the day, it's about what Melo truly holds valuable, because it's beginning to look like he isn't going to have the best of both worlds.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
The agent wants the extension more than Melo does.. They are gonna leak and spread any rumor to get him traded and put the pressure on him to sign the extension. Knicks need to stand firm and allow whatever to happen.. Don't panic and make Denver sweat

hotpotato1092
02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I bet LA regrets trading Sasha Vujacic's expiring contract now...

Super.
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM

This

Sick™
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
This would make them real good, Lakers need to pull this off.

Sick™
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
This would be huge for them

Lake_Show2416
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I bet LA regrets trading Sasha Vujacic's expiring contract now...

We have his trade exception so it doesn't effect anything

hotpotato1092
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Honestly I think the people who are saying this wouldn't work for LA are just over thinking it. I mean, trotting out a starting 5 of Fisher, Kobe, Carmelo, Odom, Gasol with likely Al Harrington, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown and whatever big man they get from a buyout (I'm assuming Artest ends up traded somehow for cap reasons) might be the single greatest ten man rotation in NBA history. At some point talent just prevails, I mean you could argue that the Kobe-Carmelo-Gasol trio is better than Wade-LeBron-Bosh, and even if it isn't it's damn close, but they'd actually have a GREAT team around them. And remember, in all likelihood they won't need a dominating defensive presence at center. The only player who could legitimately destroy them (Dwight Howard) likely won't get to the finals. They'd still have a massive size advantage over Miami, and Boston doesn't have a big who can kill them inside consistently. If LA gets this done I honestly don't see anyway that ANYONE can compete with them for at the very least the next two years unless Dwight Howard somehow ends up in OKC. At some point, talent just prevails. This Laker team would essentially be the Heat, only with a great supporting cast and a great coach. Unstoppable.

kblo247
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I found Stephen A saying that Phil would stay and not retire if LA got Carmelo interesting

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I wish it would have happened, Lakers losing length would be the best thing for the league

Thats a great trade for both teams the lakers can get quicker and more explosive at the 3 and they bring a a younger player thats is offensively gifted to takeover when Kobe is off and starts declining. Also the lakers can go after Pauls brother in the off season or even Tyson Chandler. There isn't a team in the league that would be able to match up with the lakers if they make that trade. The only teams that are in the playoff that the lakers would have to match up with length wise would be Boston and Dallas. In the case of Dallas who would play play Kobe and who would guard Melo? They would present that same match up problem with Boston Pierce would have to guard Melo who is bigger and quicker which would take away from his offense so that mean someone smaller has to guard Kobe in both of those match ups... For Denver its a win because you become a big team with inside defensive presence and you don't have to settle for so much outside shooting.

zB_#85
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I agree it's good for both. Denver has no better offer on the table. They are still a playoff team IMO if they do this.

Chauncey / Afflalo or JR / Artest / K-Mart / Bynum

The Artest they would get would be a much better Artest than LA gets because he would actually be a focal point of the team like he was in Houston.

ramz.n
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
billups
kobe
melo
odom
gasol

..that would be ridiculous.

iggypop123
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
this seems like a fake rumor by an agent.

NYSpirit1
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Link: http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=2DFB99CCA5549669FF9A.3044?site=n ewsday&view=sports_blogs_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports_blogs&feed:i=1.2670860

This is from Alan Hahn, Newsday. To his credit, he's the first one to break LeBron to the Heat the night before 'The Decision'.

The closer Carmelo Anthony gets to becoming a Knick, the more resistance the Denver Nuggets are showing. After the Nets pulled out of trade talks for Anthony -- mainly because he made it clear he's not interested in signing a contract extension with them -- the Nuggets reached out to several teams around the NBA to attempt to generate interest in a deal before the Feb. 24 trade deadline. But the entire league at this point is aware that Anthony's first choice is New York, so there hasn't been much interest.

A report by ESPN.com on Tuesday morning said the Lakers were in preliminary discussions with the Nuggets about a trade for Anthony that would likely send center Andrew Bynum to Denver. A person with knowledge of the situation said Carmelo-Bynum talks actually took place last summer and nothing materialized beyond the initial discussion. The Daily News reported that Lakers executive Jim Buss, son of team owner Jerry Buss who feels strongly about Bynum's potential, rejected such a proposal. The Los Angeles Times posted a story on its website that cited a Lakers source calling the original ESPN report "inaccurate."

The Knicks have had talks with the Nuggets regarding Anthony, with a reported offer involving the Timberwolves that would send Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, Wilson Chandler and Minnesota's first round pick and Corey Brewer to Denver. This is a markedly low return for the Nuggets for their four-time all-star forward, who recorded the second 50-point performance of his career Monday night in a loss to the Rockets.

The Nets offer, which also involved a third team, the Pistons, included three first-round picks and rookie power forward Derrick Favors. But the Knicks offer provides for Denver something that, sources say, is very appealing to owner Stan Kroenke: immediate cash savings, with Curry's expiring salary, and Randolph's $2.9 million salary next season, going to the Timberwolves.

Still, there is little doubt that the Nuggets want the Knicks to improve their offer and using the Lakers as a threat is one way to do it. The Knicks feel if Anthony will only sign an extension with them, then the Nuggets only have two options: accept their offer or hold onto Anthony through the trade deadline and risk losing him for nothing in free agency.

The Nuggets are just a pathetic franchise. First they won't trade Carmelo at all, then they botched the 4 team trade in September to the Nets because they wanted more. Again they ruined a 3 team deal to the Nets in January because they wanted more assets. And now when it appeared that Carmelo was finally going to go to the Knicks, they go to the Lakers for more leverage.

They deserve to be worse than the Cavs, their front office is incredible greedy and Melo has been nice not going public about wanting to go to the Knicks, the Nuggets have taken advantage of it.

TheHoopsProphet
02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I found Stephen A saying that Phil would stay and not retire if LA got Carmelo interesting

What? In that case, Denver can keep Melo. Phil mailed it in a couple years ago.

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree it's good for both. Denver has no better offer on the table. They are still a playoff team IMO if they do this.

Chauncey / Afflalo or JR / Artest / K-Mart / Bynum

The Artest they would get would be a much better Artest than LA gets because he would actually be a focal point of the team like he was in Houston.

Denver doesn't want Artest though

IBleedPurple
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Lakers said no to trading Bynum, they surely won't trade Kobe or Pau, and the Nuggets don't want Artest.

Not gonna happen

SiR Lakers III
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to go to the knicks? Then again who would? They suck.IMO

Kevj77
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
This wouldn't make the Lakers better.

effen5
02-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Chicago, Denver, Lakers

Chicago:
Afflalo

Denver:
James Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Chicago's First
Lakers future First

Lakers:
Carmelo
Al Harrington
Keith Bogans
Omer Asik

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4je9z35

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Lakers said no to trading Bynum, they surely won't trade Kobe or Pau, and the Nuggets don't want Artest.

Not gonna happen

well yea we know that aren't gonna trade them two but i think this is one of those times where you ask your star player for his opinion in the matter...im just saying it makes both teams better

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
This wouldn't make the Lakers better.

what makes you say that?

iggypop123
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Chicago, Denver, Lakers

Chicago:
Afflalo

Denver:
James Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Chicago's First
Lakers future First

Lakers:
Carmelo
Al Harrington
Keith Bogans
Omer Asik

shannon brown can veto that deal. unfortunately its the rules. just like devean george a couple years ago

PraiseJesus
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Makes no sense for the Lakers

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Chicago, Denver, Lakers

Chicago:
Afflalo

Denver:
James Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Chicago's First
Lakers future First

Lakers:
Carmelo
Al Harrington
Keith Bogans
Omer Asik

lakers can't trade Brown without his approval

iggypop123
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
denvers front office is full of rookies so this makes sense. they kind of are trying to make a difficult situation ok

effen5
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
shannon brown can veto that deal. unfortunately its the rules. just like devean george a couple years ago

Maybe he wouldn't mind playing for the Bulls? He is from Chicago. Denver keeps Afflalo, SB comes to Chicago.

D1JM
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
is there a race between rose and melo threads today?

tbone2171
02-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Who the **** would take Andrew Bynum in a deal for Carmelo Anthony??? Sorry, but Lakers don't have the assets to get a Melo type player (unless they part with Bryant/Gasol)

effen5
02-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Who the **** would take Andrew Bynum in a deal for Carmelo Anthony??? Sorry, but Lakers don't have the assets to get a Melo type player (unless they part with Bryant/Gasol)

The Nuggets? :shrug: According to reports, this trade would be for Bynum

Weezy
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to go to the knicks? Then again who would? They suck.IMO

Don't post ever again.

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM

im pretty sure the laker could get melo for players other than Bryant or Gasol...Their front office just doesn't want to make the trade.. Who wouldn't want Bynum have you watched him play?

AlvaROD
02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Honestly I think the people who are saying this wouldn't work for LA are just over thinking it. I mean, trotting out a starting 5 of Fisher, Kobe, Carmelo, Odom, Gasol with likely Al Harrington, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown and whatever big man they get from a buyout (I'm assuming Artest ends up traded somehow for cap reasons) might be the single greatest ten man rotation in NBA history. At some point talent just prevails, I mean you could argue that the Kobe-Carmelo-Gasol trio is better than Wade-LeBron-Bosh, and even if it isn't it's damn close, but they'd actually have a GREAT team around them. And remember, in all likelihood they won't need a dominating defensive presence at center. The only player who could legitimately destroy them (Dwight Howard) likely won't get to the finals. They'd still have a massive size advantage over Miami, and Boston doesn't have a big who can kill them inside consistently. If LA gets this done I honestly don't see anyway that ANYONE can compete with them for at the very least the next two years unless Dwight Howard somehow ends up in OKC. At some point, talent just prevails. This Laker team would essentially be the Heat, only with a great supporting cast and a great coach. Unstoppable.

right on!

Perl567
02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Chicago, Denver, Lakers

Chicago:
Afflalo

Denver:
James Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Chicago's First
Lakers future First

Lakers:
Carmelo
Al Harrington
Keith Bogans
Omer Asik

Man this is an AWFUL deal for Denver. Not only can Brown veto, but you're giving away all our assets including 3 potential starters in Afflalo, Melo and Harrington for 1 starter, 2 reserves, Luke Walton's ****** contract, and 2 low first round picks.

I like Bynum and possibly Johnson, but the rest of this deal needs another look. I'd be shocked if the Nuggets gave up Afflalo.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't post ever again.

How is that poster wrong?

sep11ie
02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
denvers front office is full of rookies so this makes sense. they kind of are trying to make a difficult situation ok

Kinda reminds me of when a new GM is on a mock league on PSD.

sep11ie
02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
They all need to just start a Chatzy soon and hammer this out.

A Nut Da 1
02-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Man this is an AWFUL deal for Denver. Not only can Brown veto, but you're giving away all our assets including 3 potential starters in Afflalo, Melo and Harrington for 1 starter, 2 reserves, Luke Walton's ****** contract, and 2 low first round picks.

I like Bynum and possibly Johnson, but the rest of this deal needs another look. I'd be shocked if the Nuggets gave up Afflalo.

ha ha ha yea i don't think denver would be including Afflalo in any trades

Chronz
I dont believe a word you said OP

effen5

I don't think its as bad as you think, you're getting younger, get two picks, and you get to shed Harringtons long contract. Maybe Denver can also send Balkman to the Bulls and Bulls can also send Taj to the Nuggets.

Johnny_Chingas
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
the Knicks do suck!

Johnny_Chingas
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
lol.....anyways should be interesting down to the wire boys!

faze38
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
How is that poster wrong?

That's coming from a Nets fan! I guess your just mad Melo wants nothing to do with u guys! After Melo becomes a Knick we will see how much they sux then!

BuddhaMONK
02-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I like this it'll get kobe his 7th, 8th and maybe more rings, plus melo woud definatey resign as him a kobe are very good friends. LOL what a steal for the lakers all they give up is a first (which will be late) walton, brown, and an always injured bynum for anthony and harrington. Lakers always get this **** done i don't know how, even the gasol deal was a steal.

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
That's coming from a Nets fan! I guess your just made Melo wants nothing to do with u guys! After Melo becomes a Knick we will see how much they sux then!

I didnt say anything about Melo, all I said was how is that poster wrong? He said the Knicks suck and I dont disagree. We arent talking about the Spurs here, we arent talking about the Bulls here, we arent even talking about Timberwolves. We are talking about the Knicks. After an okay run of 13-1 they are right back to being the Knicks.

AddiX
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Denver's management sits around the phone like an ugly girl a week before the prom hoping someone, anyone besides the Knicks calls.

Not gonna happen Den, just accept it.

Slimsim
02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Suck more than the cavs ?