PDA

View Full Version : CBSSports: Dwight looking at Knicks and Lakers in 2012 if he leaves

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Link (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14655536/magics-troubling-questions-surround-futures-of-howard-arenas)

There is agony in Cleveland and apathy in Toronto, the footprints of free-agent ruin in the NBA. The Cavaliers have lost a record 24 consecutive games, and the Raptors are so mediocre that nobody even cares.

In Orlando, where the Magic headed after getting smacked again by the Celtics on Sunday, this is the calm before the storm. This shell of a team with a $90 million payroll and a future free agent with one giant foot out the door put up no resistance in a 91-80 loss. Since two franchise-shaping trades were consummated on Dec. 18, Orlando is 16-10 -- and 1-5 against the four teams ahead of them in the East.

Howard evidently is willing to be patient. A free agent in 2012 along with the Hornets' Chris Paul, Howard has yet to form a strong opinion one way or the other, according to a person with knowledge of his thinking. Stay or go? To paraphrase LeBron, what should he do? If he does leave, Howard has his eyes on two teams -- the Lakers and Knicks -- as the big-market destinations where he'll chase down his championships and marketing opportunities if things don't work out in the Sunshine State. The Nets, who are supposed to be in Brooklyn by then, also are in the mix, the person said.

So the Magic are on the clock -- the way the Cavs were with LeBron and the Raptors with Chris Bosh, and the way the bill has come due for the Nuggets and Carmelo Anthony. But if you ask Magic GM Otis Smith -- and I did -- there isn't some knee-jerk plan to deal with Howard's future. Smith has been planning for the next year and a half for the past seven years.

"He's been a free agent since heís been here," Smith said. "Meaning I'm not going to wait until he's a free agent to become worried about free agency. Who are we kidding? When you have one of the top five players in this league, you're always trying to retain him, I don't care who you are. So there's nothing I would do differently. Nothing. Zero. I've pretty much done it for seven years, since he was a rookie."

dodie53
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
s&t with the lakers?
who would the magic want?

bahama0811
02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Let the rumors begin...

Heater4life
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
LMAO! Now Dwight's in this mess, the future FA speculation will never end. What the class of 2010 has created. :sigh:

Frrrrank!!!
02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
:puke:

Weezy
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I mean for the past several FA classes.. there have been some great players mainly from 2010-2012. From LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Stat, Cp3, Deron, Melo, Howard. I mean all these guys were/are/will be FAs in the matter of only 2-3 years. Amazing.

tbone2171
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
This is why the NBA fails...Media talks about players still under contract leaving for bigger markets years before they're even free agents.

michael811
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
s&t with the lakers?
The package would start with either Bynum or Gasol probably Bynum

PrettyBoyJ
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
This is going to destroy the league.. like only 4-5 teams are going to be good from each conference the rest will suck they're gonna lose a lot of money.. while the big market teams bring in the extra cash..

kntresistheheat
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I think he will stay in Orlando and they will trade for a D.Williams or a CP3 to get him exciteded again. I would like to see him in Chicago with Drose :)

Raph12
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
NY doesn't have anything to offer besides Stat, LA can package Bynum with role players... I wouldn't blame Dwight for leaving if this is the same team we'll have in 2012.

At least Lebron got the ball everytime he asked for it, the Cavs went as far as Lebron took them. The Magic play hot-potato with the ball and then take a contested 3 while Dwight's begging for the ball on the inside.

Niro
02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
NY doesn't have anything to offer besides Stat, LA can package Bynum with role players... I wouldn't blame Dwight for leaving if this is the same team we'll have in 2012.

At least Lebron got the ball everytime he asked for it, the Cavs went as far as Lebron took them. The Magic play hot-potato with the ball and then take a contested 3 while Dwight's begging for the ball on the inside.

yeah i never understand that

dwight had like 15 points the first quarter against boston and orlando would just not give him the ball in the second and settle for a contested 3 wtf

faze38
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
NY will take him alongside Melo and Amare nobody in the NBA would stand a chance!

koreancabbage
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
freakin stupid about letting players talk about their future when they are still under contract. NBA SUCKS- they need to clamp down on this ********. no other PROFESSIONAL league allows this garbage and mass speculation on this massive scale

koreancabbage
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
NY will take him alongside Melo and Amare nobody in the NBA would stand a chance!

they would still lose.

Bullsfan22
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
His team has become stale..a chance of scenery could bring him a ring.

Hustla23
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Or you could have Melo if we sign him. :up:

tangent12
02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
He should leave. The Magic are a dumb team, not bad, not mediocre at all... just a dumb group of guys.

I don't know how many times I've seen the same thing, where Dwight is wide open asking for the ball downlow and they either ignore him or pass when it's too late. They don't use him enough or properly. I honestly feel bad for Dwight because he would be doing so much better if he was put in the right situation, not only personally but he would be getting further (team wise.. perhaps he would've won a couple of rings already) than he has with the Magic.

Orlando is just a dumb situation.

Dade County
02-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I think he will stay in Orlando and they will trade for a D.Williams or a CP3 to get him exciteded again. I would like to see him in Chicago with Drose :)

I would like to see CPS and howard play together...

I think miami is the only team that might have 3 stars on their roster (New cba will make sure of that). Other/New super teams, will just have 2 stars.

I would like to see him in Chicago with Drose :)

WTF man!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Bynum + trash for dwight

HoopsDrive
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
This is why the NBA fails...Media talks about players still under contract leaving for bigger markets years before they're even free agents.

Is it really any different to other sports? In the world of futbol, the media talks like crazy about possible player transfers from club to club waaaay before their contracts are up. And the players also list their preferred clubs.

I do not know about the other US leagues but the NBA is definitely not the only league to have this kind of massive media speculation.

Geargo Wallace
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
what's wrong with going to Sacramento or Charlotte?

Antipod
02-08-2011, 12:31 PM
If he leaves, he goes to LA.

Dade County
02-08-2011, 12:38 PM
what's wrong with going to Sacramento or Charlotte?

I think he wants to win rings... IDK :confused:

Geargo Wallace
02-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I think he wants to win rings... IDK :confused:

glad you recognized my joke. As a Miami fan I thought you'd notice it.

KingPosey
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
s&t with the lakers?

I assume it would have to involve Bynum

Mane
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
LOL this is hilarious.

Just like Lebron was going to NY too? And Wade to Chicago?

Forgot every player only wants to go to NY, Chicago, and LA.

justinnum1
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
We might see a franchise tag come from all this speculation bull ****

Raph12
02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
yeah i never understand that

dwight had like 15 points the first quarter against boston and orlando would just not give him the ball in the second and settle for a contested 3 wtf

Dwight ranks 3rd among all players in 1st quarter scoring, they go to him early and often, then they just stray away from it for the rest of the game.

Yunqn
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Close this thread..

Do u REALLY think the knicks are goina wait another year and not use the cap left?

Its amazing how chicago gets overlooked sometimes.. Chicago has a WAY higher chance of landing dwight then new york does.. I think the clippers have a higher chance honestly.. New york isn't going to sit for 2 years when they won't know what the cap looks like.. They WILL get melo.. And they won't have any cap to sign dwight after that so get over it..

The bulls can send florida's own joakim noah and the bobcats pick in the sign and trade .. New york? Nothing..

And if bynum gets hurt again.. Then why would orlando want him? Chicago will still have the best package.. He could play with a younger team and orlando gets a player who in 2 years from now would be 14 & 12 with a bound to be a top 10 or top 5 pick and salary space..L.A fans are going to say bynum is worth it.. But around the league if a got can barley get on and stay on the court.. Then u aren't wanted much..

Look how noone cares about oden when the guy is 22 I think and is just as good as a lot of centers in this league when healthy.. Look at how no one is willing to put out anything for brandon roy.. Bynum Is no different.. It isn't like amare where his knees where 3-4 years ago.. With bynum this is every season.. Chicago has the better deal and chicago will be a better landing spot for d12..

BGeer091
02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd like him to come to NY. Being im a Knicks fan. However i'm a fan of the game. So i'd prefer for him to stay in ORL. With CP3 going there with him. For the state of the NBA it cant be NY, BOS, MIA, CHI and everyone else in the east. It needs to be 10 teams in each league. It needs to be anyone can win on any given night. Of course no matter what there will be bottom feeding teams that are rebuilding and such. The teams where owners dont spend money..

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
come out west :D

Mudvayne91
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I seriously don't care if the NBA goes in a long lockout the way the league is shaping.

levignjw
02-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I seriously don't care if the NBA goes in a long lockout the way the league is shaping.

I absolutely agree with this. The league is turning into a ****ing joke.

kntresistheheat
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I would like to see CPS and howard play together...

I think miami is the only team that might have 3 stars on their roster (New cba will make sure of that). Other/New super teams, will just have 2 stars.

WTF man!!!

You cant be afraid of competition:D

beasted86
02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
So if not LeBron in 2010.... if not Carmelo in 2011... if not Dwight Howard or Chris Paul in 2012... if not.......

C'mon, can we be reasonable Knick fans? I'm not saying people shouldn't want their team to improve, but the media is doing a good job of painting a bad picture claiming everyone just wants to be in NY.

Minimal
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Dwight, why are you not looking South? Please look South. You will have parties with LeBron everyday, you'll toss the powder together. Make it happen, Riley!

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
L.A is in the midst of everything it seems. I think Dwight to L.A is more realistic than Melo to L.A but I still don't see neither happening.

Bullsfan22
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Dwight, why are you not looking South? Please look South. You will have parties with LeBron everyday, you'll toss the powder together. Make it happen, Riley!

:laugh2:

Wade>You
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
So if not LeBron in 2010.... if not Carmelo in 2011... if not Dwight Howard or Chris Paul in 2012... if not.......

C'mon, can we be reasonable Knick fans? I'm not saying people shouldn't want their team to improve, but the media is doing a good job of painting a bad picture claiming everyone just wants to be in NY.They do the same for the Bulls and fans. Hey, whatever gets these gullible fans to click on their articles and turn on their channel, right?

For what it's worth, I think Howard would go to Chicago if they were willing to trade Noah or work something out.

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I absolutely agree with this. The league is turning into a ****ing joke.

This.

What happened to guys wanting to lead the franchise they were drafted by to titles?

Bornknick73
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Unfortunately for anyone who isnt a Knicks fan the reality is we do have something. Its called 2012 capspace for another max player. Something the Lakers currently dont have. Knicks dont need to trade we got the money. I have to remember that in my next love letter to Donnie Walsh. If you look at the Knicks salary structure it really is a miracle how The Don pulled it off. Its filled with Team options and short contracts that can be dumped in 2012.

If by some miracle we end up with Melo it still wont change that. We sucked for 10 years and Donnie has us in position to contend for the next 10. Thank God for the Don Don.

Bornknick73
02-08-2011, 02:13 PM
This.

What happened to guys wanting to lead the franchise they were drafted by to titles?

I totally agree with you. That NBA died in the Summer of Lebron.

Bravo95
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Your hometown team needs you, Dwight. :pray:

madiaz3
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM

C'mon, can we be reasonable Knick fans? I'm not saying people shouldn't want their team to improve, but the media is doing a good job of painting a bad picture claiming everyone just wants to be in NY.

Yes, we are responsible for the media.

beasted86
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes, we are responsible for the media.

When I say you should be reasonable... I mean that you should be reasonable in what you believe.

Don't just buy into what some clown writes 100% because you want to improve your team, and you want it to make sense and sound truthful.

BucktownUSA
02-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Wow what's up with all these rumors.. Dwight and Melo wanting to play for the Lakers.

levignjw
02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
This.

Amen man.

No loyalty in the NBA anymore these days. Looks like all the players are looking to take the easy road to a championship.

I could give two ***** if there is a lock out next year. Maybe that will help some of these guys find their ****ing balls and knock some sense into them.

Ripper Gein
02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
L.A>n.y! Make it Happen Mitch.

29$JerZ
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
The Shaq/Dwight comparisons would continue forever if he went to LA.
Dwight would literally fix 99% of the Knicks problems alone lol

I doubt he leaves, too early.

joeboow90
02-08-2011, 03:17 PM
omfg....please Dwight come to NY. Dwight and Amare at pf and c.......its a wrap for the league. nobody stoppin that

JayTee1981
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I totally agree with you. That NBA died in the Summer of Lebron.

I am lucky to be a fan of a team like the Spurs, and I am glad that we have a superstar like Tim Duncan..

Tim Duncan
the last of the old school NBA player

still1ballin
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
:dance:

CavsYanksDuke
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
The hometown hero ********* died with the birth of the television and advanced communications. Before, players were beloved in their local areas and regarded with less fanfare in visiting cities. Nowadays, we know the names of everybody in the league. There's a channel constantly blaring these guys' names. There's no loyalty because the NBA fan base has none either. We rush to the feet of winners, hoping to shine in their light. I'm not saying all fans are like this. This board is full of diehard sports fans with abusive signatures and not a hot blonde girl wearing a JJ Redick uniform.

It's money guys. Baseball players used to make twenty grand a year and lived in apartment buildings in their urban cities. LeBron James, because of Miami income tax laws, can keep all of his $18 million and change. And again next year, and again, etc.

We can't live in a capitalistic society and expect moralistic attitudes.

MJ-BULLS
02-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Derrick Rose and dwight Howard would be amazing. :)

Maybe we could trade noah or boozer?

pd1dish
02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
if melo goes to LA, dwight will go to LA. if melo goes to NY, then dwight goes to NY. of course that would be expensive for both teams since both already have high payed players. idk the cap situation for either team, but if i were dwight, that would be how i based my decision.

pd1dish
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Amen man.

No loyalty in the NBA anymore these days. Looks like all the players are looking to take the easy road to a championship.

I could give two ***** if there is a lock out next year. Maybe that will help some of these guys find their ****ing balls and knock some sense into them.

a lockout means one less year of pay....they would just chase the money in that case

caddiemaster
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Add piss crawl and its over!

Anon
Dwight would be better off in a big market. He needs the media that comes with New York or L.A. on his side if he wants the MVP and to have the ridiculous foul calls go away.

NYY 26 to 7
please stop. All this talk is ruining the NBA. In 2025 the number 1 5th grader said he is going to take his talents to a big market.

effen5
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
As a Bulls fan, I would gladly give up Noah, and a whole bunch of first round picks for Dwight.....

Rose Dwight and Boozer

:drool:

PC
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Derrick Rose and dwight Howard would be amazing. :)

Maybe we could trade noah or boozer?

Wow that's an amazing sig you have

gilly
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
The NBA should just redraft this whole league and start again. It's a joke how it's turning out now, becoming a boring and far too market-concentrated league. Take the worst team win percentage wise in the last five years and give them the number one pick.

'With the first pick of the 2011 NBA Redraft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Lebron James formerly of the Miami Heat'

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kDA5dGX2-9c/SvOh2Sk20EI/AAAAAAAAANc/6S_4rGYRWXk/s400/lebron+cying.jpg

MJ-BULLS
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
As a Bulls fan, I would gladly give up Noah, and a whole bunch of first round picks for Dwight.....

Rose Dwight and Boozer

:drool:

I give up anybody on the Bulls roster except for Derrick Rose. Rose+Howard = unstoppable Adidas force to be reckoned with.

Wow that's an amazing sig you have

thank you very much PC. :)

Minimal
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
The NBA should just redraft this whole league and start again. It's a joke how it's turning out now, becoming a boring and far too market-concentrated league. Take the worst team win percentage wise in the last five years and give them the number one pick.

'With the first pick of the 2011 NBA Redraft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Lebron James formerly of the Miami Heat'

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kDA5dGX2-9c/SvOh2Sk20EI/AAAAAAAAANc/6S_4rGYRWXk/s400/lebron+cying.jpg
You mean:
'With the first pick of the 2011 NBA Redraft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select LeBron James formerly of the Miami Heat'

and it goes again...

Minimal
02-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I give up anybody on the Bulls roster except for Derrick Rose. Rose+Howard = unstoppable Adidas force to be reckoned with.

thank you very much PC. :)
Sick sig

NYKalltheway
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I always wanted Dwight at New York but I think for that to happen Melo must not arrive. No cap space reall and with the new CBA coming(or lockout) it will get very hard for him to get here. I hope he realizes that he can get money from sponsors if he gets to NY and that he chooses that over similar sponsor deals + higher salary + following Shaq's path!!

I actually think the only reason not to go to the Lakers is the Shaq factor...

White_Mike
02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
they would still lose.
3,000 posts and you still fail.

Carmelo + Amar'e + Howard would be the best frontcourt the NBA has seen in awhile.

godolphins
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm tired of this **** about player "rumor" to go to NY

First it was Kobe than Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Durant(before extension) Tony Parker, Nash Chris Paul, Melo and now Dwight

Whose next? Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin

MJ-BULLS
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Sick sig

gracias

AddiX
02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm tired of this **** about player "rumor" to go to NY

First it was Kobe than Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Durant(before extension) Tony Parker, Nash Chris Paul, Melo and now Dwight

Whose next? Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin

No one is more sick of it than us New Yorkers.

Algmuskrats
02-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I can understand Dwight leaving with all the cap space the Magic have been taken on recently, who knows if they will have enough to even give him compared to other teams.

NYKalltheway
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Haha true that about the rumors. We could have our own New York league by now if all those were true

Knickfansince97
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
lmao this is ridiculous everyone needs to chill out with these rumors!

Chronz
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Amare + Dwight would be a dream

3,000 posts and you still fail.

Carmelo + Amar'e + Howard would be the best frontcourt the NBA has seen in awhile.
F Melo, get a PG to set them up and not take away touches from them

Raph12
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately for anyone who isnt a Knicks fan the reality is we do have something. Its called 2012 capspace for another max player. Something the Lakers currently dont have. Knicks dont need to trade we got the money. I have to remember that in my next love letter to Donnie Walsh. If you look at the Knicks salary structure it really is a miracle how The Don pulled it off. Its filled with Team options and short contracts that can be dumped in 2012.

If by some miracle we end up with Melo it still wont change that. We sucked for 10 years and Donnie has us in position to contend for the next 10. Thank God for the Don Don.

If you sign Melo, you'll have 40m comitted between him and Stat alone, how will you have enough for Dwight?... And even if you do, I'm sure you'll take CP3 over him.

jzero
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM

you seriously think that if the magic didn't follow dwight's calls that there would be no aftermath or rifts?
dwight can't score every possession... he is still developing his post up offense

Double_R
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6101926

There is absolutely no substance behind any of this. Hot garbage!

barreleffact
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
The hometown hero ********* died with the birth of the television and advanced communications. Before, players were beloved in their local areas and regarded with less fanfare in visiting cities. Nowadays, we know the names of everybody in the league. There's a channel constantly blaring these guys' names. There's no loyalty because the NBA fan base has none either. We rush to the feet of winners, hoping to shine in their light. I'm not saying all fans are like this. This board is full of diehard sports fans with abusive signatures and not a hot blonde girl wearing a JJ Redick uniform.

It's money guys. Baseball players used to make twenty grand a year and lived in apartment buildings in their urban cities. LeBron James, because of Miami income tax laws, can keep all of his $18 million and change. And again next year, and again, etc.

We can't live in a capitalistic society and expect moralistic attitudes.

Dont come to prosports daily with that logical, mature, and truthful statement. We want to hate people for not trying to be like KG. We want players to be stuck in **** hole situations and claim they intend to be competitive even when the odds are glaringly against them. Micheal Jordan did it...oh wait MJ was in a huge city. Well umm...Bird...wait huge city....Magic...ummm well at least we have duncan. Obviously he never had talent or elite coaching around him.:rolleyes:

Raph12
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
you seriously think that if the magic didn't follow dwight's calls that there would be no aftermath or rifts?
dwight can't score every possession... he is still developing his post up offense

REALITY CHECK: NO PLAYER CAN SCORE ON EVERY POSSESSION!

Dwight ranks 3rd among the league in 1st quarter scoring, I've watched every Magic game for the last 7 years... Dwight get's the least amount of touches for any superstar, he is last of anyone in the Top 15 for MVP ranking for usg%. Dwight has proven that given the touches, he can put up 25, 30, 35, 40 or w/e as long as he gets the ball.

Dwight has complained about his touches in the past and did again after the Boston game. He got 22 first-half pts on 9-14 shooting and got only 5 shots in the third and none in the fourth. He made it known that he wasn't happy with his teammates for not getting him the ball and his frustration with his teammates can be seen regularly.

I feel sorry for Dwight and have been saying that Stan's system and his teammate's have been holding him back for a while now. Okafor got more touches as a rookie than Dwight gets right now.... NOW THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Noah and Boozer for Dwight. Get it done.

Kobes a Killer
02-08-2011, 06:17 PM
REALITY CHECK: NO PLAYER CAN SCORE ON EVERY POSSESSION!

Dwight ranks 3rd among the league in 1st quarter scoring, I've watched every Magic game for the last 7 years... Dwight get's the least amount of touches for any superstar, he is last of anyone in the Top 15 for MVP ranking for usg%. Dwight has proven that given the touches, he can put up 25, 30, 35, 40 or w/e as long as he gets the ball.

Dwight has complained about his touches in the past and did again after the Boston game. He got 22 first-half pts on 9-14 shooting and got only 5 shots in the third and none in the fourth. He made it known that he wasn't happy with his teammates for not getting him the ball and his frustration with his teammates can be seen regularly.

I feel sorry for Dwight and have been saying that Stan's system and his teammate's have been holding him back for a while now. Okafor got more touches as a rookie than Dwight gets right now.... NOW THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!

Wow and Wow, now thats saying something. Talk about underutilizing your superstar, now thats just ********

Fool
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Dwight and Amare? I'm afraid already.

He's going to LA, anyway. :)

thekmp211
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
i have a feeling this might go down. the orlando supporting cast situation does not look too promising outside of a couple pieces.

BallIsAll
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Magic center Dwight Howard said after shootaround that he has grown weary of the speculation about him signing elsewhere after the 2011-12 season. ďI am annoyed,Ē Howard said. ď I canít sign a contract this year and I canít sign anywhere this summer, so why keep bringing it up? Why do people keep talking about me going any other place right now? Right now, itís about this season and itís not about L.A., New York or wherever. Iím really tired of it. I donít want to be talking about where Iím playing basketball next or people in Orlando asking, `Are you going to leave us?í I never said anything about me leaving and I never said anything about me not being happy here. Iím not `pulling a LeBroní as people say on Twitter.íí

FAIL:facepalm: