PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers set NBA record with 25th straight loss

knightstemplar
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Cavs just made history
25 Losses in a row set today after loss to Mavericks

Previous record
-24 by the Cleveland Cavaliers over the course of two seasons from March 19, 1982 to November 5, 1982

Cavs also have previous record too
:facepalm:X25

210Don
02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
must suck being a cavs fan

GodsSon
02-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Don't get down Cavs fans, at least you still have Kid Cudi :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7vdBgtspo

RZZZA
02-08-2011, 12:11 AM
they almost won though.

29$JerZ
Isn't this a weak upcoming draft too star wise?
Ouch

DoMeFavors
I feel bad for Byron Scott, they should give him the respect he deserves and fire him. Same thing happend with Lawrence Frank last season he was going to break the record for 0-18 to start the season and but was fired to save himself the embarassment. Gilbert should just let Scott go, its making him look bad as a coach.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
they went from being title favorites last 2 years and failed, to now one of the worst teams of all time, cleveland just fails at sports

Gators123
02-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Ouch

Yup, definitely no LeBron's or Blake Griffins coming out of this draft.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Goes to show how good Lebron is, whether you want to admit it or not.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 12:18 AM

true, lebron meant everything to the cavs, he did everything, literaly everything

DoMeFavors
02-08-2011, 12:18 AM
they went from being title favorites last 2 years and failed, to now one of the worst teams of all time, cleveland just fails at sports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVB1COw0Gs&playnext=1&list=PL2080F5E49D586598

TheRooki3
02-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Go Cavs!!! We knew you could do it!!

cmstophe
02-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Ouch

That's a good thing. That means they won't get a player who instantly adds 20 wins to their team like LeBron did.

cmstophe
02-08-2011, 12:21 AM

This is not even close to the same Cavs team James had around him.

If I have to say it again, I will go freaking nuts.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 12:21 AM

lol "lebron stay in school, dont get drafted by cleveland, no" :laugh:

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:23 AM

Yeah... the players who left wouldn't have made much of a difference. A squad full of role players would not have done anything.

CB29
02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
i didn't expect em to be this bad though... i mean jamison, hick, booby, mo...ok talent...injuries have taken a toll too though but yea lebron deserves those 2 mvps like crazy... sorry cleveland but the last 7 yrs were pretty good... look at us in toronto... mediocrity at best

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 12:28 AM
They played well tonight though. At least they kept it competitive.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 12:30 AM
They played well tonight though. At least they kept it competitive.

lol u sound like a cavs fan,..r u?

Fnom11
02-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Yeah man Lebron didn't try in the playoffs last year

Rego247
02-08-2011, 12:34 AM

so what if he is?

MacFitz92
02-08-2011, 12:35 AM
they almost won though.

Detroit almost picked Michael Jordan. Ask them how that worked out.

cmstophe
02-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah... the players who left wouldn't have made much of a difference. A squad full of role players would not have done anything.

So Manny Harris and Samardo Samuels were key players on the 60+ win Cavs teams? That is what you are saying?

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 12:37 AM

No I'm a fan of whatever team Ron Artest is on! I loved it when he played for Indiana and got in a brawl with that fan in Detroit.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah man Lebron didn't try in the playoffs last year

cavs were beating everybody during the regular season and had 2 straight 60+ win seasons, but didnt win in the playoffs, why not when it was the opposite in the regular season? :confused:

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:40 AM
So Manny Harris and Samardo Samuels were key players on the 60+ win Cavs teams? That is what you are saying?

? What I am saying is that regardless of who's on the Cavs RIGHT NOW doesn't matter because they're horrible. You said it's not the same team that Lebron had, well the players WHO DID LEAVE wouldn't have made a difference anyways without Lebron.

I'm not going to get into it, if you can't see that by now with the Cavs losing 25 in a row, then I don't need to explain anything.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
true, lebron meant everything to the cavs, he did everything, literaly everything

Yep. Put Lebron on the Cavs again and they're a playoff team.

King P
And people thought the Nets were bad.

Can't help but feel sorry for Cleveland

Fnom11
cavs were beating everybody during the regular season and had 2 straight 60+ win seasons, but didnt win in the playoffs, why not when it was the opposite in the regular season? :confused:

When Statistically all your stats go up while your teams go down, you're obviously not trying.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 12:44 AM
? What I am saying is that regardless of who's on the Cavs RIGHT NOW doesn't matter because they're horrible. You said it's not the same team that Lebron had, well the players WHO DID LEAVE wouldn't have made a difference anyways without Lebron.

I'm not going to get into it, if you can't see that by now with the Cavs losing 25 in a row, then I don't need to explain anything.

If they kept all the pieces besides LeBron and didn't have the injuries they've had this season they would've made the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. LeBron got them the first seed. Either way no championship!

mjt20mik
02-08-2011, 12:47 AM

He plays the guitar pretty well.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 12:49 AM
If they kept all the pieces besides LeBron and didn't have the injuries they've had this season they would've made the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. LeBron got them the first seed. Either way no championship!

Yes, which is what I'm trying to say.

They wouldn't have the depth to beat the Celtics, Bulls, or Magic in the playoffs if Lebron had stayed.. But he would have gotten them into the playoffs.

Driven
02-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I feel like the world is going to explode when the Cavs play the Wizards.

Raoul Duke
02-08-2011, 12:54 AM
I believe they have now lost 35 of their last 36 games. Is that right?

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes, which is what I'm trying to say.

They wouldn't have the depth to beat the Celtics, Bulls, or Magic in the playoffs if Lebron had stayed.. But he would have gotten them into the playoffs.

You're missing my point. Last years team without LeBron would've made the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. And you're right that team wouldn't have gotten past any of those teams you stated.

tredigs
02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
You're missing my point. Last years team without LeBron would've made the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. And you're right that team wouldn't have gotten past any of those teams you stated.

Is this a joke, dude? Last years Cavs without Lebron would have absolutely abysmal, highly comparable to this years. Fun fact: Lebron missed six games last season - they went 1-5 - racking up a quarter of their total season losses in those six games alone.

Avenged
02-08-2011, 01:12 AM

I see. Hmm, well I disagree.. I think Lebron leaving is why they're struggling this bad. Off the top of my head, Shaq, Z, and West left.. I can't remember who else. Anyways, Shaq and Z weren't much of contributers to the point where they would have made the playoffs. They were both not very efficient [Big Z mostly] and missed time. They were contributing at a role player level, which is what they are..

Without Lebron, I'd say they would have probably been worse off individually. He's the player who set them up, who demanded double teams, who ran the offense and made EVERYTHING so much easier for them which is why they got that many wins.

ilovemyangel
02-08-2011, 01:19 AM

Their core players are essentially the same aren't they? You didn't had Ramon Sessions, Hollins etc. BUT you had Parker, Jamison, Moon, Gibson, Varejao, Williams, Gibson and Hickson. Does it not show you how good Lebron is when your core is essentially the same? Nobody is feeling sorry for Cleveland though.

Melo15
02-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Are we seriously going to make a thread after every loss?

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Are we seriously going to make a thread after every loss?

they just made the record dumbass

Melo15
02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
they just made the record dumbass

After already tying the record last night, pretty sure you could only use 1 thread for that.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584202

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 01:28 AM
After already tying the record last night, pretty sure you could only use 1 thread for that.

who cares

Wade>You
02-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Goes to show how good Lebron is, whether you want to admit it or not.The Cavs collapse shows why, in my opinion, the MVP has already been decided. No other player has ever had that kind of impact on a team and probably never will again.

knightstemplar
02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
The Cavs collapse shows why, in my opinion, the MVP has already been decided. No other player has ever had that kind of impact on a team and probably never will again.

yeah weird that after jordan retired the first time, the bulls won 55 games without him the next year

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
I see. Hmm, well I disagree.. I think Lebron leaving is why they're struggling this bad. Off the top of my head, Shaq, Z, and West left.. I can't remember who else. Anyways, Shaq and Z weren't much of contributers to the point where they would have made the playoffs. They were both not very efficient [Big Z mostly] and missed time. They were contributing at a role player level, which is what they are..

Without Lebron, I'd say they would have probably been worse off individually. He's the player who set them up, who demanded double teams, who ran the offense and made EVERYTHING so much easier for them which is why they got that many wins.

We lost a lot of size. I think it makes a big difference. The team is essentially without a center. Especially now that Varajeou is done for the season. Ryan Hollins although he tries hard, and I like his effort, is a D-Leaguer. JJ Hickson has been playing pretty well as of late is a PF not a Center.
Regardless of that. We've had a lot of injuries. Three of our starters have been out for quite a bit of time. Take three of your starters off your team and see how well they perform. The Lakers without Kobe, Pau, and Odom. Or the Celtics without the big three. Do they still make the playoffs?
I doubt it.
Either way will just have to agree to disagree because it's a hypothetical situation.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 01:39 AM
The Cavs collapse shows why, in my opinion, the MVP has already been decided. No other player has ever had that kind of impact on a team and probably never will again.

Okay let's talk after the playoffs. As of now LeBron hasn't won *****!

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Pretty disgusting that everyone is so obsessed with lebron they completely dismiss all the other players the cavs lost and the dynamic of the team when lebron was there.

They went from the 7th best defensive rating to dead last.
Cant wait to hear someone suggest that is all lebron.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Pretty disgusting that everyone is so obsessed with lebron they completely dismiss all he other players the cavs lost and the dynamic of the team when lebron was there.

I know everyone assumes it's all LeBron. He obviously made an impact. But like I said before it's not just one thing.

The Raven
02-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Wow. The Cavs are just awful.

Props to Lebron for actually making them a playoff team.

Without him, the whole team is god awful

cmstophe
02-08-2011, 01:58 AM

You guys are implying that James had nothing. The Cavaliers have been one of the most injured teams in the league and are giving D leaguers starters minutes because of it.

So, basically, your assertion that Lebron had "nothing" is wrong. The 60+ win teams were not all him.

Lebron James is not the only difference between this year's Cavs and last year's.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Wow. The Cavs are just awful.

Props to Lebron for actually making them a playoff team.

Without him, the whole team is god awful

Of course you're ignorant!

Hawkeye15
02-08-2011, 02:05 AM
The Cavs season demonstrates how dominant LeBron really was. They are the same talent level, in principal. Dont bring up a 200 year old Shaq, or Big Z who sucked, or Delonte who showed up every 5 games.
I can't be convinced that any other player in history would have been able to will that Cavs roster to the success level they had.

Antipod
02-08-2011, 02:09 AM
RIP Cavs :(

FlashMacker
02-08-2011, 02:14 AM

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh bro

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:15 AM
The Cavs season demonstrates how dominant LeBron really was. They are the same talent level, in principal. Dont bring up a 200 year old Shaq, or Big Z who sucked, or Delonte who showed up every 5 games.
I can't be convinced that any other player in history would have been able to will that Cavs roster to the success level they had.

So I guess giving D-Leaguers all those minutes makes them the same talent level then? It's not just one thing. Consider all the elements.

thekmp211
02-08-2011, 02:16 AM

honestly, the top like 6 players from last years cavs team returned. they also added a guy with a pulse in ramon sessions.

its impossible to say whether or not THIS would have happened with those guys, but the team would still have been awful. lets not pretend shaq and co. were essential contributors to that, or honestly any, team. sadly im afraid its just a veiled form of lebron hate.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:17 AM
:laugh: Thanks for the laugh bro

Hey anytime fool! And you're team full of fake tough guys will make me laugh when they lose in the playoffs.

thekmp211
02-08-2011, 02:19 AM
So I guess giving D-Leaguers all those minutes makes them the same talent level then? It's not just one thing. Consider all the elements.

who are these d-leaguers the cavs are employing full time?

hollins played 16 minutes tonight. mediocre veterans and rookies are not d-leaguers.

FlashMacker
02-08-2011, 02:20 AM
-

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:22 AM
honestly, the top like 6 players from last years cavs team returned. they also added a guy with a pulse in ramon sessions.

its impossible to say whether or not THIS would have happened with those guys, but the team would still have been awful. lets not pretend shaq and co. were essential contributors to that, or honestly any, team. sadly im afraid its just a veiled form of lebron hate.

Yeah and most of them have been injured.
No hate here!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:27 AM
who are these d-leaguers the cavs are employing full time?

hollins played 16 minutes tonight. mediocre veterans and rookies are not d-leaguers.

Okay tonight he played 16 minutes. That's not every night. We also have Manny Harris, Samardos Samuels, and Christian Eyenga all developmental players. Although Eyenga has showed some quality play lately.
Then throughout the season: We've had injuries to Mo, Boobie, Varajeaou, Leon Powe, AP (all of whom have been out of the lineup for a big chunk of the season). Four of those guys are starters. I think Moon has also been injured a bunch.

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 02:28 AM

200 year old shaq that shot ~57%, 18.5/10 per 36 mins, massive beast of a man inside.
Yep he sucked:rolleyes:

Interior defense and presence are also ridiculously important.
But with your views on love, it doesnt seem like you think so.

As I said before, they went from a top 10 defending team to the very worst in the entire league.
All Lebron? I think not.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:32 AM
You're crazy if you think they could've made the playoffs as high as a 6 seed

Well I said 6-8 seed. So lets take a look at the Eastern Conference then... right now it's NY, Philadelphia, and Indiana. Two of those teams below .500. Maybe they don't get by NY. I'll give you that even though the Cavs did beat them this season as they are. But with the old roster they get by Phili and Indiana.

FlashMacker
02-08-2011, 02:33 AM
200 year old shaq that shot ~57%, 18.5/10 per 36 mins, massive beast of a man inside.
Yep he sucked:rolleyes:

Interior defense and presence are also ridiculously important.
But with your views on love, it doesnt seem like you think so.

As I said before, they went from a top 10 defending team to the very worst in the entire league.
All Lebron? I think not.

so you're saying if they still had shaq they'd be a lot better than they are right now?

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
so you're saying if they still had shaq they'd be a lot better than they are right now?

Why don't you read the other posts before making a comment. It's not just one thing.

yangx620
02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
this is why lbj shouldnt have left

yangx620
02-08-2011, 02:37 AM
its gonna be tough for cavs, most of the guys coming out are great prospoects from perry jones to barnes, but those guys are not ready to be in the nba, unless cavs willing to wait for them to develope

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:43 AM
its gonna be tough for cavs, most of the guys coming out are great prospoects from perry jones to barnes, but those guys are not ready to be in the nba, unless cavs willing to wait for them to develope

I'm sure they will then maybe get another quality draft(s) the following year.

yangx620
02-08-2011, 02:54 AM

its gonna be tough though, look at wolves, their whole roster is full of top ten picks the past 5 years...rebuilding is freakin painful

yangx620
02-08-2011, 02:55 AM

i say draft jared sullinger, he seems like he is ready for the big time

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 02:56 AM
so if they were 1-5 without LeBron last year and they won 1 game out of 6 that would mean they would win about 14 games in a full season without him.

RipCity32
02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
The team was built around Lebron.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 02:58 AM
its gonna be tough though, look at wolves, their whole roster is full of top ten picks the past 5 years...rebuilding is freakin painful

Well it may take that long? It also may be over paying a few free agents if need be. They've got plenty of trading pieces so hopefully they use them wisely. Will see!

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 03:02 AM
so if they were 1-5 without LeBron last year and they won 1 game out of 6 that would mean they would win about 14 games in a full season without him.

Doesnt work like that at all.
Incredibly small sample size.

yangx620
02-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Well it may take that long? It also may be over paying a few free agents if need be. They've got plenty of trading pieces so hopefully they use them wisely. Will see!

i dont know...if any top free agents would come to cleveland, wolves have alot of cap spaces and no one wants to go there...i think draft some good pieces sign some good veterans like gerald wallace and stephen jackson, those guys play hard for their teams and coaches, and byron scott isnt a bad coach

ilovemyangel
02-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Pretty disgusting that everyone is so obsessed with lebron they completely dismiss all the other players the cavs lost and the dynamic of the team when lebron was there.

That is probably all Mike Brown and the loss of their leader, remb cleveland's 'star' mo williams saying he contemplated retirement after Lebron left? its almost as if his life depended on Lebron. To add on, Cleveland lost mainly Shaq, Big Z and Lebron and the rest of their core is essentially the same. Who has the biggest impact defensively among them?

You guys are implying that James had nothing. The Cavaliers have been one of the most injured teams in the league and are giving D leaguers starters minutes because of it.

So, basically, your assertion that Lebron had "nothing" is wrong. The 60+ win teams were not all him.

Lebron James is not the only difference between this year's Cavs and last year's.

He's probably not the only difference, but he has to be the biggest.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:04 AM

Yeah and in the end of November the Heat were 1 and 5. And I don't think any of the the big 3 were injured. What's your point?

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Doesnt work like that at all.
Incredibly small sample size.

Its not an exact science. Im just saying though, also depends who they played in that span of games.

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Ofcourse lebron is the single biggest difference. No one is arguing he isnt.
He is far from the only difference however, and its very unjustified to attribute all of their previous wins to Lebron carrying a "horrible team" and all of their current struggles to lebron leaving like several people seem to be doing.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Its not an exact science. Im just saying though, also depends who they played in that span of games.

Right so I guess based on my sample the Heat are only gonna win 14 games this season then. That makes sense!

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah and in the end of November the Heat were 1 and 5. And I don't think any of the the big 3 were injured. What's your point?

This coming from a guy who said they would have been a 6-8th seed without leBron last year.

and yes they were injured. All were close games except the game aganist Denver that was on a back to back without LeBron.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Ofcourse lebron is the single biggest difference. No one is arguing he isnt.
He is far from the only difference however, and its very unjustified to attribute all of their previous wins to Lebron carrying a "horrible team" and all of their current struggles to lebron leaving like several people seem to be doing.

I agree. I just think people love to give LeBron too much credit. And besides playing great during the regular season what has he proved? Nothing yet!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:13 AM
This coming from a guy who said they would have been a 6-8th seed without leBron last year.

and yes they were injured. All were close games except the game aganist Denver that was on a back to back without LeBron.

Yeah so what? And I stand by what I said. You have yet to come up with anything to refute any of my points. And actually in the four loses in late November LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all played. So check your facts you bandwagon Heat fool!

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:16 AM
lets say the Cavs win 3 more games. Delonte, Shaq, Z and Varejao are worth 30 wins. The only fool here is the one making ridiculous comments.

sunsfan88
02-08-2011, 03:16 AM
I hope they beat WAS so the Wizards can set the record for most consecutive road losses.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:17 AM
lets say the Cavs win 3 more games. Delonte, Shaq, Z and Varejao are worth 30 wins. The only fool here is the one making ridiculous comments.

Yeah how does it feel to be making those comments?

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Yeah how does it feel to be making those comments?

Im saying opinions with facts behind them all your doing is baiting.

I understand why your mad though must suck to be a Cavs fan.

FlashMacker
02-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Yeah so what? And I stand by what I said. You have yet to come up with anything to refute any of my points. And actually in the four loses in late November LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all played. So check your facts you bandwagon Heat fool!

how do you know if that's true? You probably think i am too? but i'm not. And Lebron isn't my favorite player. Wade is. And the Heat have been my favorite team since 2004 (the day they got shaq)

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Im saying opinions with facts behind them all your doing is baiting.

I understand why your mad though must suck to be a Cavs fan.

Right! Look in the mirror. Actually you should probably go to sleep so you can wake up for high school tomorrow.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:28 AM
how do you know if that's true? You probably think i am too? but i'm not. And Lebron isn't my favorite player. Wade is. And the Heat have been my favorite team since 2004 (the day they got shaq)

Because he's not backing his points up with anything of substance. So he doesn't know his team.

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Right! Look in the mirror. Actually you should probably go to sleep so you can wake up for high school tomorrow.

So far you have called me a high schooler and a bandwagon HEAT fan. lol

Both far from the truth

Sounds like you are emotionally unstable.

Oh and dellusional Shaq, Z, delonte and Varejao are worth 30-35 wins gtfo

Jonathan2323
02-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Because he's not backing his points up with anything of substance. So he doesn't know his team.

Show me an example of this.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:34 AM
So far you have called me a high schooler and a bandwagon HEAT fan. lol

Both far from the truth

Sounds like you are emotionally unstable.

Oh and dellusional Shaq, Z, delonte and Varejao are worth 30-35 wins gtfo

You called me a baiter but you're the master of all the baiters!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:36 AM

Really? No, if you care that much read my recent posts from this thread then research them yourself. And read his too. I'm not wasting my time constantly repeating myself.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:37 AM

Sorry but you failed!

FlashMacker
02-08-2011, 03:41 AM
Okay let's talk after the playoffs. As of now LeBron hasn't won *****!

The MVP award is for the regular season it has nothing to do with the playoffs

Rego247
02-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Arch, bro ur gonna have a coronary debating heat fans, too many of them lol.

thekmp211
02-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Okay tonight he played 16 minutes. That's not every night. We also have Manny Harris, Samardos Samuels, and Christian Eyenga all developmental players. Although Eyenga has showed some quality play lately.
Then throughout the season: We've had injuries to Mo, Boobie, Varajeaou, Leon Powe, AP (all of whom have been out of the lineup for a big chunk of the season). Four of those guys are starters. I think Moon has also been injured a bunch.

okay, and injuries are a different story. lebrons on the team...they dont matter as much. im sure the injuries have hurt this year.

i just don't think adding big z, who is useless without lebron feeding him jumpers, shaq, whos good for about half a seasons worth of spot-efficiency, and delonte, whos been off the grid for the better part of two years, makes a whole lot of difference to this team. they dont lack depth, per se, they lack explosiveness and 2-3 high level players that can keep them somewhat competitive. or 1 lebron, apparently.

Fnom11
02-08-2011, 03:56 AM
That team without Lebron with Shaq Z Delonte would struggle against some Dleague teams. Thats how big of an impact Lebron had. Imagine shaq as being the 1st option, he wouldn't get more than 10/4 a game on 30 mins. I mean the dude has only played like 4 games this season.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 03:56 AM
okay, and injuries are a different story. lebrons on the team...they dont matter as much. im sure the injuries have hurt this year.

i just don't think adding big z, who is useless without lebron feeding him jumpers, shaq, whos good for about half a seasons worth of spot-efficiency, and delonte, whos been off the grid for the better part of two years, makes a whole lot of difference to this team. they dont lack depth, per se, they lack explosiveness and 2-3 high level players that can keep them somewhat competitive. or 1 lebron, apparently.

This is probably the worst the Cavs have had for injuries since before LeBron.

sportzkid1503
02-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I agree. I just think people love to give LeBron too much credit. And besides playing great during the regular season what has he proved? Nothing yet!

ahh a cavs fan in denial. its okay. the fact that lebron was able to make that team a championship contender every year proves alot. every team needs more than one great player to win a championship. watch what he does with a team around him....

Fnom11
02-08-2011, 04:03 AM
This is probably the worst the Cavs have had for injuries since before LeBron.

You're implying that their actually not playing because they're seriously injured where as if they had a chance to win a game they would possibly play. Yes i'm saying they're probably playing it safe for later seasons and their careers because they have NO chance to win anyway.

SB1
02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
this is just sad... Maybe they can get a win from Detroit this week

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:07 AM
ahh a cavs fan in denial. its okay. the fact that lebron was able to make that team a championship contender every year proves alot. every team needs more than one great player to win a championship. watch what he does with a team around him....

And a New Jersey fan in denial. Carmelo's going to New York fool!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:09 AM
You're implying that their actually not playing because they're seriously injured where as if they had a chance to win a game they would possibly play. Yes i'm saying they're probably playing it safe for later seasons and their careers because they have NO chance to win anyway.

Okay weather or not their injured or not they're still not playing.

C_Mund
02-08-2011, 04:14 AM

Yeah, Lebron doesn't have Lebron on the court with Lebron.
....but seriously? Williams, Parker, Hickson, Jaimeson, Moon, how did these guys win so many games?

Fnom11
02-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Okay weather or not their injured or not they're still not playing.

Injured players are injured players. They're still on the team and contributed at some point in the season. Thats like saying the Heats record this year don't count because Wade was injured/Bron was injured/Bosh was injured.

I understand what you're saying but you have to look at it subjectively. It's like you think the Cavs never had a player injured when Lebron played with them.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Injured players are injured players. They're still on the team and contributed at some point in the season. Thats like saying the Heats record this year don't count because Wade was injured/Bron was injured/Bosh was injured.

I understand what you're saying but you have to look at it subjectively. It's like you think the Cavs never had a player injured when Lebron played with them.

Not this many for this long. They have consistently been without 3 starters throughout the season.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Yeah, Lebron doesn't have Lebron on the court with Lebron.
....but seriously? Williams, Parker, Hickson, Jaimeson, Moon, how did these guys win so many games?

Let's just worship LeBron for all he's done.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 05:27 AM
The MVP award is for the regular season it has nothing to do with the playoffs

I think Joe's getting the MVP award this year!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 05:42 AM
He look even Jamison agrees:

"Let's be honest," Jamison said of James. "One guy did a lot for this organization, for the city of Cleveland, for the game in general. [But] before the season we had Andy, Mo, myself, a couple veterans here and there. You think this is still a unit that can win and compete. We believed that. And still believe that.

jzero
02-08-2011, 06:35 AM

plz list differences and how those players would make it a different story?

jzero
02-08-2011, 06:43 AM

plz list differences and how those players would make it a different story?

Epicfailure
02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Don't worry fellow Ohioans, the Buckeyes are 24-0!

dodie53
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
:facepalm:

ChiDougie19
02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
they just need to go head and trade boobie for james johnson and win them a couple games :jumpy:

mjt20mik
02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
poor Cleveland fans

tangent12
02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I was rooting for the Cavs this year but once they started this little streak I was kinda hoping they would keep losing so they would break the record. Gives me something to look forward to when it comes to the Cavs.

DeyAce
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I bet Sullinger stays in school

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Ouch

hopefully for them they can get barnes or sullinger

MVP1
02-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Lets hope they keep that streak till Sunday.

jzero
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
We lost a lot of size. I think it makes a big difference. The team is essentially without a center. Especially now that Varajeou is done for the season. Ryan Hollins although he tries hard, and I like his effort, is a D-Leaguer. JJ Hickson has been playing pretty well as of late is a PF not a Center.
Regardless of that. We've had a lot of injuries. Three of our starters have been out for quite a bit of time. Take three of your starters off your team and see how well they perform. The Lakers without Kobe, Pau, and Odom. Or the Celtics without the big three. Do they still make the playoffs?
I doubt it.
Either way will just have to agree to disagree because it's a hypothetical situation.

ur comparing ANY of ur players to either of those trios?
get ****ed noob

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:24 PM
ur comparing ANY of ur players to either of those trios?
get ****ed noob

It's just an example. Don't get testy. You can say it about any team.
Shouldn't you be studying for your High School exams so you can get into a good community college.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Lets hope they keep that streak till Sunday.

Why Sunday?

Chronz
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I doubt it.
Cavs sucked long before this streak began

Been through this time and time again.

The Cavs played better without Shaq
Big Z was **** last year as he struggled with his new role
Delonte was an inconsistent headcase
They didnt have Antawn for a full year
Theyve added pieces to account for some of the departures

Most importantly, no matter who was available during Brons tenure the past 2 60+ win seasons, they always won at an elite level so long as he was around. Why would that change? I agree they would have been worse off but definitely still in contention

You can say losing a few role players hurts but its obvious a fall off this severe isnt accounted for by a few role players so keeping everyone but Bron wouldnt have made this a playoff team its not even debatable anymore.

dunedinjays
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Cavs were the definition of a one man team

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Cavs were the definition of a one man team

Yep lebron single-handedly was the difference between the worst team and #1 seed in the league. Its not like 5 guys are on the court at a time for each team or anything. He was the only reason why they had a top 10 defense last year, and the worst this year.:rolleyes:
And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Gators123
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Yep lebron single-handedly was the difference between the worst team and #1 seed in the league. Its not like 5 guys are on the court at a time for each team or anything. He was the only reason why they had a top 10 defense last year, and the worst this year.:rolleyes:
And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Basically.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Basically.

Let's see how far he gets you in the playoffs fool!

Sickô
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I have a weird feeling they will win vs the Clippers.

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Most importantly, no matter who was available during Brons tenure the past 2 60+ win seasons, they always won at an elite level so long as he was around. Why would that change? I agree they would have been worse off but definitely still in contention

You can say losing a few role players hurts but its obvious a fall off this severe isnt accounted for by a few role players so keeping everyone but Bron wouldnt have made this a playoff team its not even debatable anymore.

Well I guess if they sucked then so do Phili and Indiana because they could take their place in the playoffs. Sure they had a bit of a losing streak. But a significant portion of it occurred without 3 of their 5 starters. Plus all the other elements that I stated earlier. Like I said it's not just one thing.

Slimsim
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
were is Dan Gilbert in all this ?

Arch Stanton
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM

I think he's giving people really fast loans!

cambovenzi
02-08-2011, 09:36 PM

Finding the nearest bridge.

Solid Snake
02-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Yea because they were awesome when Mo and Varejao were healthy (they weren't, lowest SRS in the NBA despite their mirage of a record).

Or perhaps by letting Shaq and Darnell Jackson and Danny Green and Delonte West go, the Cavs were willingly making themselves worse? All those moves were an improvement, including the head coach change. Getting Ramon Sessions was also an improvement. Letting Hickson play instead of Fat Shaqtus? Improvement. If anything, this is a better roster.

I also like Eyenga alot.

Solid Snake
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Exactly lmao. If anything, this is a better surrounding cast than the ones he's played with. LBJ and Hickson and Eyenga on the break? I'd watch the hell out.

FlashMacker
02-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I think Joe's getting the MVP award this year!

Joe who?

blastmasta26
02-09-2011, 08:19 PM
The Cavs were known as the Cleveland LeBrons for a reason. Sure, injuries to guys such as Varejao have set them back and made them worse, but it's obvious this roster is no where near the playoffs without LeBron. I know some bitter fans are hesitant to admit it, but LeBron was the difference between lottery and championship contention for the Cavs.

FlashMacker
02-09-2011, 08:21 PM
The Cavs were known as the Cleveland LeBrons for a reason. Sure, injuries to guys such as Varejao have set them back and made them worse, but it's obvious this roster is no where near the playoffs without LeBron. I know some bitter fans are hesitant to admit it, but LeBron was the difference between lottery and championship contention for the Cavs.

This