PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy Plans to Return This Week

MurderousPress
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow, seems really early. Hopefully everything works out for B-Roy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/02/brandon_roy_expects_to_return.html

LTBaByyy
02-07-2011, 11:49 PM
TOoooOoooOooo Early!!!!!

He needs to wait like for Playoffs so he is full force ready

Raph12
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
I hope he can bounce back...

GoatMilk
02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
i thought he would be out much much longer
i must have never got the memo lol

even if this is too soon, i thought he was out til next season no doubt

good luck

Clutch™
02-08-2011, 12:16 AM
What? I thought he was out for the season, didn't he have microscopic surgery on both knees? That's odd, man he shouldn't do this. He should go to D-League for a week, just to see if he feels good.

JnasD
02-08-2011, 12:20 AM
He has The Heart of a Lion.

topdog
02-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Save your career, Roy! LA says he's holding it down anyway...

sf-fanatic
02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
he should just wait till next season imo. he is jeopardizing his career way too early. one more surgery and he is done. he should strengthen it and be ready for next season

thekmp211
02-08-2011, 04:12 AM
i'm afraid for his career at this point. fingers crossed.

disgruntledbull
02-08-2011, 04:18 AM
i just cut him from my fantasy team last week, SOB

Chest Rockwell
02-08-2011, 04:41 AM
That's insane.

Phenomenonsense
02-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Doesn't matter when he comes back, he'll always be a shell of his former self. Removing the meniscus was terrible. He'll never be the same. He might as well come back and play behind Wes Matthews.

sunsfan88
02-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Whenever he played earlier in the season, the team did bad.

He should just wait cause if he comes right now it'd destroy team chemistry and Matthews has been playing good lately too.

DodgerBulls
02-08-2011, 07:01 AM
so he really wants to play... might as well say goodbye to your career. Seriously, wtf. He might aswell just let people hit his knees with 2x4s.

jiggin
02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
blah...I wish he would stay on the bench. The blazers are playing much better without him right now...he slows down the offense to a crawl while they are excelling at a more hurried paced offense without him.

If they go back to isolation roy on every other play...the blazers are going to lose their playoff spot.

Antipod
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I thought his season was over ...:confused:

metsfanssince05
02-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Way to early to big of a risk. I would wait till after the all star brake.

jetsfan28
02-08-2011, 09:47 AM
And plans to re-leave 2 weeks from now

I love Roy's game, but he's done

Bruno
02-08-2011, 11:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlGVuEhSycO2MpEbz1tG.aw5nYcB?slug=ap-roysreturn

Roy says he’s ready to return to Blazers

By ANNE M. PETERSON, AP Sports Writer

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Guard Brandon Roy(notes) is returning to practice and wants to rejoin the Trail Blazers as soon as this weekend, but he’ll have to prove himself first.

Portland’s three-time All-Star had arthroscopic surgery on both of his knees just three weeks ago and coach Nate McMillan says he wants to see Roy at work before making a decision.

Portland, coming off a 109-103 victory over the Chicago Bulls, had the day off on Tuesday. They’ll practice at home on Wednesday before heading to Toronto for Friday night’s game against the Raptors.

“I can’t really predict the future, but right now they (the knees) feel good,” Roy said. “The biggest thing is once I start playing I have to keep them at a level where I feel good about going out there and helping this team.”

Roy was averaging 16.6 points in 23 games before he was sidelined indefinitely by the team. He says now he is nearly pain free, but still needs to practice at full speed.

His announcement has sparked debate over whether it is too soon to return. It also has implications for forward LaMarcus Aldridge(notes), whose play has vastly improved since Portland began running its offense through him.

Last season, Roy had arthroscopic surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee two days before the Blazers opened their first-round playoff series against Phoenix. He made a remarkable comeback and played in the fourth game of the series, which the Suns eventually won.

Some suggested that perhaps he returned too soon from that surgery, and is being too hasty this time around, too.

Roy has said the problem is too little cartilage in both his knees.

Although Roy was hopeful to be on the court against Toronto, or perhaps in Detroit on Sunday, he vowed to listen to doctors after testing his knee at practice. And when he does return, he’ll ease himself back, he said.

“I’m going to try to get through these practices and when we’re in Toronto I’m sure we’ll sit down and come up with an amount of minutes. I’m sure he (McMillan) is going to want to keep it low when I first come back,” Roy said.

Roy hasn’t played since Dec. 15. That’s when Portland started to go to Aldridge, who has averaged 25.4 points and 10.2 rebounds since then. The Blazers are 16-10 without Roy.

In the victory over the Bulls, Aldridge had a career-high 42 points. He said afterward that the Blazers need Roy back.

“A lot of guys have been playing a lot of minutes, so getting Brandon back should be good for us,” Aldridge said.

Roy weighed in: “I think we are always just going to try to help each other play well. The goal is always to try to win. I don’t know how we’re going to run plays or anything yet. I just want to come back and get out there and get my legs back.”

Word of Roy’s return was first reported by The Oregonian newspaper shortly before the Blazers took on the Bulls. After the game, McMillan suggested that Roy wasn’t the only one coming back—center Marcus Camby(notes) would be practicing this week, too.

Camby had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Jan. 20. He was averaging 5.9 points and 11.3 rebounds in 39 games this season.

“Bandon and Camby have decided when they’re coming back. We have these couple of days where we’re going to practice. I’ll see if these guys show up for practice and we’ll go from there,” McMillan said. “As far as playing this weekend, that hasn’t been decided yet.”

The Blazers have been dogged by injuries for the second straight season.

In November, the team announced that center Greg Oden(notes), the No. 1 draft pick in 2007, would miss the season because of microfracture surgery on his left knee. Oden missed his rookie year because of microfracture surgery on his right knee.

Second-year forward Jeff Pendergraph(notes) injured his knee in the preseason and required season-ending surgery. And rookie guard Elliot Williams(notes) has undergone surgery this season on both knees.

Last season Blazers players collectively missed more games than any team in the NBA except the Warriors.

Bruno
02-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Sorry if this has been posted, but I don't see it in the general NBA forum. Pretty big news.

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 11:38 PM
good. so now aldridge numbers will go back down some and he can stfu and stop *****ing about not making allstars

goblazers7
02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Never did i realize what he meant to the blazers until now. He'll be beast with aldridge.
Idk if Wes or Batum will go to the bench.
He has said he'll play off the bench for when he comes back.
He'll want his starting role and star role back real soon.

goblazers7
02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
good. so now aldridge numbers will go back down some and he can stfu and stop *****ing about not making allstars

U mad bro?
42 and 12 against the bulls
40 and 11 against the spurs

Giraffes Rule
02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I just hope he's healthy enough to come back. I love Roy's game, the league is better when he's playing well.

PC
02-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Good thing I didn't drop him on my fantasy team

tangent12
02-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Why!?! So his knees finally disturbingly collapse with blood spilling from them on National TV?! I honestly feel bad for this guy. I think he's rushing into it once again.

¿QUE?
02-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Seems kinda quick to come back no? I think it would just be better to sit him till the all-star game and have him come back after

Bruno
02-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Good thing I didn't drop him on my fantasy team

Good thing I just picked him up in two leagues. :cheers:

AddiX
02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Roy is one of my favorite players, but there is no way his knee is ready. If there is any chance of him having a career, he needs to sit the year out and take his time rehabbing it.

It's probably killing him not playing basketball right now.

And Rudy Fernandez would be pissed if he came back.

Bruno
02-08-2011, 11:52 PM
U mad bro?

Do you think LA can continue to dominate with Roy on the floor?

I just hope he's healthy enough to come back. I love Roy's game, the league is better when he's playing well.

Agreed. He's one of the least appreciated stars.

Why!?! So his knees finally disturbingly collapse with blood spilling from them on National TV?! I honestly feel bad for this guy. I think he's rushing into it once again.

A lot of people feel that way. Do you think he should sit out the rest of the season?

Seems kinda quick to come back no? I think it would just be better to sit him till the all-star game and have him come back after

My guess is they hold him out until at least after the ASG.

kblo247
02-08-2011, 11:54 PM
He is going to kill his career by not sitting the F down

GodsSon
02-08-2011, 11:56 PM
He is going to kill his career by not sitting the F down

Agreed

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 11:57 PM
U mad bro?

no. hes very talented. but hes not more deserving than love or blake.
although i do think he should have gotten in over timmy d big fundamental

MJ-BULLS
02-08-2011, 11:57 PM
if he is coming back, he better be healthy. Because if not, that is not good for the Portland Trail Blazers future. they are going to need him healthy come playoff time.

kjoke
02-09-2011, 12:01 AM
i was one hour away from picking him up on my fanatsy team

****!

KingPosey
02-09-2011, 12:04 AM
U mad bro?

Why do people say this like its the most clever thing of all time? Where the **** did it come from?

knicks4life33
02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
bad decision by ROY . He returned to quickly last time for the playoffs and that lingered his injury and now he is doing the same thing. he is young and has a future ahead of him and if anything give it another few months. Hope he gets back to what he was cause he was turnin into a superstar

sunsfan88
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
The Blazers have been dogged by injuries for the second straight season.

Roy had arthroscopic surgery on both of his knees just three weeks ago.

Camby had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Jan. 20. He was averaging 5.9 points and 11.3 rebounds in 39 games this season.

In November, the team announced that center Greg Oden(notes), the No. 1 draft pick in 2007, would miss the season because of microfracture surgery on his left knee. Oden missed his rookie year because of microfracture surgery on his right knee.

Second-year forward Jeff Pendergraph(notes) injured his knee in the preseason and required season-ending surgery. And rookie guard Elliot Williams(notes) has undergone surgery this season on both knees.

Last season Blazers players collectively missed more games than any team in the NBA except the Warriors.

Anyone else notice that all the Portland players have been injured because of knee issues?

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Anyone else notice that all the Portland players have been injured because of knee issues?

Testament to how crappy our training staff is. Oden, Roy, Camby, Pendergraph, the list goes on and on. If Roy knows in his heart that he's ready to come back then who the **** are we to question him?

bovice163
02-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Good for him. Now that Aldridge has had time to polish up and improve on his game, he and Roy are going to be a force to be reckoned with. (As long as he stays healthy)

If glass knees Oden somehow comes back and plays a full season, the Blazers become one of the scariest teams in the West.

sunsfan88
02-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Testament to how crappy our training staff is. Oden, Roy, Camby, Pendergraph, the list goes on and on. If Roy knows in his heart that he's ready to come back then who the **** are we to question him?

Nah but I mean its not like all your players are suffering different injuries.

Its all knee injuries.

Maybe everyone should do more knee excersises. And they should all wear a brace just to be cautious.

goblazers7
02-09-2011, 02:18 AM
no. hes very talented. but hes not more deserving than love or blake.
although i do think he should have gotten in over timmy d big fundamental

Man you say loves deserving, but yet hes 20 games under .500 and alridge gets 21pts 9 boards at game and keeping an injury riddled portland in playoff contention.

Good game.

sunsfan88
02-09-2011, 02:36 AM
What sucks is that he's got the injury bug & a hefty contract. Portland could be in trouble financially.

bholly
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Sounds like I'm the only one who's optimistic about this.

KingPosey
02-09-2011, 01:18 PM

He already came back too early once already. No one is questioning Roy's desire to win, and help his team. But he is gonna cost himself his career if he isnt careful.

OT Thriller
02-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Haha to the person who dropped him in my fantasy league. THANKS!!