PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Update: NYPost reports "advanced discussions" between NY, Den, Minnesota

NYSpirit1
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_adds_names_to_melo_mix_swIIzocjLF8LwfdsIMHNE I

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27430311

Rookie guard Andy Rautins and Kelenna Azubuike's expiring contract have been discussed as parts of the Carmelo Anthony three-team package, The Post has learned.

The Knicks have to add more pieces to the reported three-team trade proposal for Anthony to make it work from a talent and financial perspective for the Nuggets, according to NBA sources.

The Knicks, Nuggets and Timberwolves have had advanced discussions on a three-team trade, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

The Knicks would also give up Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph (to Minnesota) and Eddy Curry's expiring contract.

Rautins, selected with the 38th overall pick out of Syracuse, has played in just four games this season, but his 3-point shooting prowess is a marketable NBA skill. And he is expendable.

If the Nuggets agree to the package, it would be for the salary-cap space they can open up. Chandler, Curry, Azubuike and Minnesota's Corey Brewer all have expiring contracts. Chandler would be the only one they might want to re-sign. Denver would also get a first-round draft pick in the deal from Minnesota.

It's a sweetheart deal for the Knicks, but is it enough to entice the Nuggets? It is not better than the Nets' package, but the Nuggets at least have leverage if New Jersey reconsiders its interest in a deal. However, the Nets may have burned their bridge with Anthony.

Chandler, who has been in a dour mood, had a smile on his face yesterday for the first time in a while after a locker-room prank in which his sweater was hidden from him after the game. Chandler had to leave the locker room in his white T-shirt.

Perhaps the players shipped Chandler's sweater to Denver.

AddiX
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I never believe reports when they say "advanced." WTF is an advanced discussion? Sounds like a word the reporter uses to cause a stir.

Chronz
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
If thats all the Nuggets get then I dont buy for a second that Melo wasnt privately demanding a trade to the Knicks.

Gators123
02-07-2011, 09:57 PM
They said that about the NJ and Den trade too.

nystandup
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
As a Knicks fan...obviously I'd love it if only Azu and Andy were added

CostanzaNumba0
02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Does anyone else not believe this?

Slimsim
02-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Rautins is the next Steve Nash

bahama0811
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I just want this over with. I'm so sick of all of the rumors.

PurpleJesus
02-07-2011, 10:12 PM
what happens for the all star game if anthony is traded before then? another replacement on the west, and either an extra player, or not replacing an injured player on the east?

Madtown22
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Who would be getting what exactly this time?

goose15
02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
cool.. I'll drive em both to the airport.

thekmp211
02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
now rautins is getting in the mix? cmon enough of these already.

Melo15
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I just want this over with. I'm so sick of all of the rumors.

Agreed

cheetos185
Who would be getting what exactly this time?

denver will get AR and minny will get rautins instead since kahn loves PG so much :D

Clutch™
Man, there was Advanced Discussions with every team Melo was about to go to, you know what happen?

Yeah.........

Madtown22
02-07-2011, 10:22 PM
denver will get AR and minny will get rautins instead since kahn loves PG so much :D

I actually think thats funny haha

But Kahn is the man! :clap:
Do you want Flynn?

Kashmir13579
02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Whoever gets Rautins will automatically become my second favorite team. thats all i have to say on that.

Rautins is the first Steve Nash/Dan Marjele prototype. remember i said it. he has Nash's court vision, shooting, and passing; with Marjele's defense.

Hawkeye, if Minni ends up with Rautins you no longer need Rubio, lets put it that way.

Clutch™
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Whoever gets Rautins will automatically become my second favorite team. thats all i have to say on that.

Rautins is the first Steve Nash/Dan Marjele prototype. remember i said it. he has Nash's court vision, shooting, and passing; with Marjele's defense.

Hawkeye, if Minni ends up with Rautins you no longer need Rubio, lets put it that way.

Would you rather have Melo or Rautins, Just wondering?

jmoney85
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM

LMFAO @ posts like this

Kashmir13579
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Would you rather have Melo or Rautins, Just wondering?
They are my boys from CUSE and i'd rather have them both:D. its not like Andy was getting minutes anyways so i'll be happy for him in that sense. i hope he goes to the T-wolves because they have a bright future, imo.

LMFAO @ posts like this

remember you heard it here first.

tbone2171
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM

you're a ***

Clutch™
02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
They are my boys from CUSE and i'd rather have them both:D. its not like Andy was getting minutes anyways so i'll be happy for him in that sense. i hope he goes to the T-wolves because they have a bright future, imo.

remember you heard it here first.

Lol, that's how I feel on a lot of occasions you may be getting ahead of your self, but if you have confidence in him, i'll remember I heard it from you first, lol. That's how I feel about Terrico White on the Pistons, he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet, broken foot but it's healed 100% he's going to D-League for a lil then NBA, I think he will become a Dwyade Type player, but just remember you heard it from me here, I just have a weird feeling he will, lol. But that's how you feel about your boy and I respect that, i'll remember, Kashmir told me Rautins would be Steve Nash he did lol.

Car Ramrod
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I have to give Carmelo credit. If you watch him play he is still playing hard. At least the Denver fans aren't getting Vince Cartered in the process.

If he has the power to choose where he goes I don't blame him. I do the same in my career. Its nothing personal against Denver, he justs wants to work at home. I wish for the sake of all involved including the fans it wasn't so public.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2011, 10:50 PM

haha, dude, I watched Rautins in college. I like him. He could find a niche in the NBA, no doubt.

I will say, if the Wolves can get Curry's expiring, Randolph, and Rautins, for Brewer and Memphis's conditional pick, I am 1000000% on board.

Kashmir13579
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
haha, dude, I watched Rautins in college. I like him. He could find a niche in the NBA, no doubt.

I will say, if the Wolves can get Curry's expiring, Randolph, and Rautins, for Brewer and Memphis's conditional pick, I am 1000000% on board.

Everyone's getting a steal except Denver.

Kashmir13579
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Lol, that's how I feel on a lot of occasions you may be getting ahead of your self, but if you have confidence in him, i'll remember I heard it from you first, lol. That's how I feel about Terrico White on the Pistons, he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet, broken foot but it's healed 100% he's going to D-League for a lil then NBA, I think he will become a Dwyade Type player, but just remember you heard it from me here, I just have a weird feeling he will, lol. But that's how you feel about your boy and I respect that, i'll remember, Kashmir told me Rautins would be Steve Nash he did lol.

i like you. :laugh2:
we have a mutual understanding.
i will remember your boy Terrico White, Clutch.TM (aka the next DWade)

Hawkeye15
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM

Denver gets screwed here, the other teams win big time.

I will tell you this my friend, if Rautins turns into a consistent role player who contributes to wins, I will put any comment you like as my sig, if he is a member of the Wolves.
I promise you.

Geargo Wallace
02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
was this from "unnamed source" or "source close to team." we gotta' be sure of this guys!

oak2455
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM

I will tell you this my friend, if Rautins turns into a consistent role player who contributes to wins, I will put any comment you like as my sig, if he is a member of the Wolves.
I promise you.

thats great:laugh2:

bahama0811
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
was this from "unnamed source" or "source close to team." we gotta' be sure of this guys!

It was another source that has no ****ing clue, just like usual.

mjqusoldier
02-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok the Nuggets either take that deal or lose Melo for nothing. They have 0 leverage with Melo only willing to sign an extension with the Knicks. What other option do the Nuggets have??????????

Slimsim
i Do feel Rautins is going to be a good player he plays good D has a high IQ and is lethal behind the three point line. He could be the answer to our PG problems if Mike D gives him a chance

jeter 2

Kroenke does not have to pay luxury tax if this trade goes down.

Geargo Wallace
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
It was another source that has no ****ing clue, just like usual.

Media these days :facepalm:

bahama0811
02-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Kroenke does not have to pay luxury tax if this trade goes down.

And that is a huge deal for Stan. He wants to get the payroll as low as possible.

Kashmir13579
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM

I promise you.

:clap: your the man, Hawkeye. i honestly don't see the Nuggets wanting him with Billups and Lawson, and i can TOTALLY see Kahn going after him. he loves those CUSE boys.
your gonna love Andy, i know it.

jimm120
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
rock, rock, do the dirty rock!

and don't stop!

mjqusoldier
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I think we should offer Curry and Roger Mason for Melo lol Hey its better than nothing right. Theyll take it with 0 leverage

StrandedCub
02-07-2011, 11:16 PM

This I have to agree with. I played against Terrico White in HS and watched him play in college. This guy has a lot of talent. He is a team player and will play within the offense even when he probably should take it on his own. Still, a really good player and I have a feeling that he will surprise a lot of people.

Mishmin
02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm in advanced boredom with all this.

WAYNEBO
02-07-2011, 11:30 PM
If Rautins and 'Buike are involved, then I gotta imagine Ricky Rubio comes to NY also. I like this, except who backs up LandryMan??

Madtown22
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
If Rautins and 'Buike are involved, then I gotta imagine Ricky Rubio comes to NY also. I like this, except who backs up LandryMan??

blah blah blah :facepalm:

Clutch™
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
i like you. :laugh2:
we have a mutual understanding.
i will remember your boy Terrico White, Clutch.TM (aka the next DWade)

Just call me Clutch.

:D

avrpatsfan
02-07-2011, 11:50 PM
This is getting old real fast.

topdog
02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
I think we should offer Curry and Roger Mason for Melo lol Hey its better than nothing right. Theyll take it with 0 leverage

They have more leverage than that. Dallas would offer something better as well as possibly Houston and some other teams willing to "rent-to-own."

topdog
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM

Joking? Kahn already said New York doesn't have enough he wants for Rubio and New York puts out very little in this deal.

People have to remember that a 3rd party team (with cap) is essential because the Knicks have to ship out Curry for it to work and the Nugs will not pay the luxury tax to be Melo-less.

nysportsfan23
02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
This trade, plus mason for aaron brooks, knicks are dangerous!

stlbest5in2013
02-08-2011, 12:39 AM
lol the new york post, their not even close to being respectable. but because its a "ny" paper they are accurate.

i dont have a problem with new york, i have a problem with their media, and their sports fans. they are the most annoying fans in the world. there is a difference in being passionate and making an *** out of yourself. hell when it comes to baseball, the yankees fan base has passed the phillies for worst fans in the game.

mets fans are pretty bad too, booing yadier molina, not because of anything he said. nope boo him because he hit the series winning home run. those that boo, feel that, that WS was entitled to them. just like a lot (not all) ny sports fans think everything is entitled to them as a fan. its like when the bucs and raiders played in the superbowl. JT the brick is a huge raiders fan, and days before the game he was saying this " Tampa dont you dare take this super bowl away from the raiders, this is our time, and its our championship not yours" i brought that up, even tho he is a raiders fan, he is from new york, thats where he grew up. what entitlement does he have to say that.

the knicks fans are fine, just not to smart, as in see the post a few above mine. talking about trading garbage for a highly thought of player. they act like "we are the knicks, we can get what ever we want, we are in new york" **** does not work like that.

you might get paul to go with the soon to be knick melo, and amare. but thats all you will have. the cap is going down, you have to be under the cap to sign free agents.(far enough under to fit that FA salary without going over the cap)

paul and melo(melo said its not about money, we will see) make take less to play in new york. but it would be stupid, and hurt the union, to have 2 players that are far superior to amare, to take far less money then amare.

the little 3, again, in miami dont pay state taxes, the taxes in the ny and surrounding areas are out the ***. so really in what they save in not paying taxes, is the same as actually getting a full max salary per year.

oak2455
02-08-2011, 01:40 AM
lol the new york post, their not even close to being respectable. but because its a "ny" paper they are accurate.

i dont have a problem with new york, i have a problem with their media, and their sports fans. they are the most annoying fans in the world. there is a difference in being passionate and making an *** out of yourself. hell when it comes to baseball, the yankees fan base has passed the phillies for worst fans in the game.

mets fans are pretty bad too, booing yadier molina, not because of anything he said. nope boo him because he hit the series winning home run. those that boo, feel that, that WS was entitled to them. just like a lot (not all) ny sports fans think everything is entitled to them as a fan. its like when the bucs and raiders played in the superbowl. JT the brick is a huge raiders fan, and days before the game he was saying this " Tampa dont you dare take this super bowl away from the raiders, this is our time, and its our championship not yours" i brought that up, even tho he is a raiders fan, he is from new york, thats where he grew up. what entitlement does he have to say that.

the knicks fans are fine, just not to smart, as in see the post a few above mine. talking about trading garbage for a highly thought of player. they act like "we are the knicks, we can get what ever we want, we are in new york" **** does not work like that.

you might get paul to go with the soon to be knick melo, and amare. but thats all you will have. the cap is going down, you have to be under the cap to sign free agents.(far enough under to fit that FA salary without going over the cap)

paul and melo(melo said its not about money, we will see) make take less to play in new york. but it would be stupid, and hurt the union, to have 2 players that are far superior to amare, to take far less money then amare.

the little 3, again, in miami dont pay state taxes, the taxes in the ny and surrounding areas are out the ***. so really in what they save in not paying taxes, is the same as actually getting a full max salary per year.

wow you are a :facepalm: save my words for somebody worth using them on:facepalm:

BallIsAll
02-08-2011, 01:41 AM
knicks fans know everything.. lmaoo i saw something about rubio going to ny too in this thread somewhere. you guys will have everybody you want dont worry.. you know what would be funny? if melo doesnt go to ny

oak2455
02-08-2011, 01:57 AM
It would be funny if anybody wanted to go to Jersey :D

goose14741
02-08-2011, 02:03 AM

do you hear yourself? every thing you brought up was moot. unclog your ***-hole and deal with greatest city, fans and people in america.

Kashmir13579
02-08-2011, 02:27 AM

Mets should've won after Endy Chavez made "the catch". :facepalm: