PDA

View Full Version : Dwight and Lebron exchange stern stares and words. Is this a true rivalry?

JordansBulls
02-06-2011, 02:12 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-sunday-0206-20110205,0,2930556.column

Howard and LeBron James exchanged stern stares and words during the Heat's victory, with Dwight taking a step toward LeBron at one point. Dwight re-created the showdown for me:

LeBron: "Don't bump me, man!"

Dwight: "What are you going to do about it?"

LeBron: "Nothing. Just don't bump me."

This is what passes for toughness among superstars. Howard or some teammate should have knocked James on his butt after he made, oh, his fourth jumper enroute to a 51-point night.

Instead, in pregame gestures, Howard and teammates mocked LeBron's old Cleveland posing-for-a picture routine. Dwight then imitated LeBron's rosin powder toss before tip-off. LeBron got the last laugh.

Kenny
02-06-2011, 02:17 AM
No, I feel Dwight is jealous of the attention Lebron recieves. Lebron honestly I don't think he pays much attention to Howard.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Maybe.

Though everyone has been taking shots at Lebron.

He's been a lot angrier this season IMO.

beasted86
02-06-2011, 02:22 AM
No, I feel Dwight is jealous of the attention Lebron recieves. Lebron honestly I don't think he pays much attention to Howard.

+1.

Dwight has mentioned LeBron and the Heat a lot more than LeBron has talked about Howard or the Magic.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Dwight is too nice to have a rivalry with anyone. I just cant see him getting mad at anyone other than his coach

Gibby
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM
i think its going to be a good one as long as dwight stays with the magic. i think if they stay on the same team the next 5-10 years they could meet in the playoffs quite a bit. but i think in this instance dwight is frustrated/annoyed/jealous.

Edit: two players dont need to hate each other to have a good rivalry.

Hustlenomics
02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
The Magic were on Lebron's list of doubters he created this summer

shizzle09
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Kinda odd that Howard would openily mock Lebron like that before the game. Makes me think there's bad blood between the two. Lebron had the last laugh in that game.

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Dwight re-created the showdown for me:

Anyone else think Dwight was trying to make Lebron seem soft when he "re-created" the showdown?

But besides that, it could be a rivalry, I mean they are in the same division and have top talent, but I think Dwight cares a little too much about Lebron.

Bulldogs100
02-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Kinda odd heat fans are saying the same things cavs fans said the past 7 years. Makes me think they haven't learned from past history. Lebron will have an early off season once again.

ko8e24
02-06-2011, 02:37 AM
IMO, this whole LeBron going to Miami thing just escalated things. It all started at the end of Game 6 of the 2009 ECF. LeBron was a prick and didn't shake the hands or congratulate like a man or wish well for the NBA Finals his Olympic teammate and All-star teammate in Dwight Howard.

Public Enemy #1
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM
This is good ****! I'm tired of people talking to the media instead of confronting each other. LBJ seems to play great when people are giving him a hard time, hopefully it continues and becomes his new demeanor, if it hasn't already. lol Howard talking **** though? Sounds weird to me, Howard looks like a nice guy. Although he does throw his elbows a lot.

believeinNYK
02-06-2011, 02:54 AM
I thought they were close friends?

Crackadalic
02-06-2011, 03:11 AM
This aint nothing. There friends outside of basketball. The media just hyping **** up as always to making nothing outta something. Neither player are tough enough to act like a tough guy on the court anyway

footballer2369
02-06-2011, 03:15 AM
This aint nothing. There friends outside of basketball. The media just hyping **** up as always to making nothing outta something. Neither player are tough enough to act like a tough guy on the court anyway

I don't think so. Howard mocked the decision. Then he mocked the team photos, then the powder toss.

I have to seriously doubt that Lebron likes/respects Dwight. Lebron usually doesn't **** all over teams that don't piss him off. If you boo him or talk ****, he defocates on you.

marlinsfan24
02-06-2011, 03:19 AM
I hate Lebron James, but after that game, a lot of the respect I had for Dwight went out the window.

Go ahead and mock James before the game if you want, but please, show up to the damn game and play like you want to win if you want to back it up.

If he really wanted to attack James, he should have laid him out, not Wade when he drove to the hoop.

This is how I felt about that as a NBA fan, as a Heat fan, I was glad to see it because I knew then that Lebron would spank the Magics *** all night.

footballer2369
02-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Dwight is the real loser. People talk **** about Lebron, but he has as much playoff success with a worse supporting cast and Dwight acts like he's been there.

Sadds The Gr8
02-06-2011, 03:26 AM
The Magic were on Lebron's list of doubters he created this summer

LOL @ your sig

hgtiger32
02-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Dwight is the real loser. People talk **** about Lebron, but he has as much playoff success with a worse supporting cast and Dwight acts like he's been there.

because he has. he led them to a finals appearence and are always one of the top teams in the east

footballer2369
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
because he has. he led them to a finals appearence and are always one of the top teams in the east

So has Lebron or Lechoke as many call him.

Raph12
02-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Dwight and Lebron haven't been friendly since the ECFs and Dwight has been openly mocking Lebron all season long... Although Lebron's team blew Dwight's out pretty much all night long as Lebron had his way with the Magic; these were Dwight's comments after the game: http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2011/02/03/020311posthowardm4v-1545729/index.html

Reporter 1: ... lots of jumpers for Lebron, is there anything you guys could've done differently defending him?
Dwight: No if he makes jumpshots, that's fine, we'd rather him shoot jumpshots and if he makes them... Good for him.
Reporter 2: ... are you surprised, considering the scouting report and how you wanted him to shoot jumpers, were you surprised he made them that well...
Dwight: Yeah, you know, he had it going and there was nothing you could do about it. If he's hitting jumpshots, then more power to him...

It goes on and he talks about how he'd rather he shoot jumpers than attack and make plays for others, but overall, he sounded unimpressed by LBJ's big game and said "next time, the results will be different"

Like I said, LBJ and D12 haven't seen eye-to-eye since the ECFs in 09 when the Magic beat the Cavs and Lebron didn't shake hands or congratulate Dwight, which he admittedly took offensively... This is a big rivalry and perhaps the only "player vs player" rivalry in the league that has some "umph" to it.

marlinsfan24
02-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Dwight and Lebron haven't been friendly since the ECFs and Dwight has been openly mocking Lebron all season long... Although Lebron's team blew Dwight's out pretty much all night long as Lebron had his way with the Magic; these were Dwight's comments after the game: http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2011/02/03/020311posthowardm4v-1545729/index.html

Reporter 1: ... lots of jumpers for Lebron, is there anything you guys could've done differently defending him?
Dwight: No if he makes jumpshots, that's fine, we'd rather him shoot jumpshots and if he makes them... Good for him.
Reporter 2: ... are you surprised, considering the scouting report and how you wanted him to shoot jumpers, were you surprised he made them that well...
Dwight: Yeah, you know, he had it going and there was nothing you could do about it. If he's hitting jumpshots, then more power to him...

It goes on and he talks about how he'd rather he shoot jumpers than attack and make plays for others, but overall, he sounded unimpressed by LBJ's big game and said "next time, the results will be different"

Like I said, LBJ and D12 haven't seen eye-to-eye since the ECFs in 09 when the Magic beat the Cavs and Lebron didn't shake hands or congratulate Dwight, which he admittedly took offensively... This is a big rivalry and perhaps the only "player vs player" rivalry in the league that has some "umph" to it.

:clap:

The Heat-Magic is a major rivalry waiting to explode soon IMO.

Jewelz0376
02-06-2011, 03:53 AM

The Heat-Magic is a major rivalry waiting to explode soon IMO.

Sadly I don't think the Magic will be much comp for the Heat now...they don't have ANY perimeter defenders to guard wade and lebron...at least before they had peaches...

Sadds The Gr8
02-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Lebron would kick the **** outta D12 in a fight

Raph12
02-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Sadly I don't think the Magic will be much comp for the Heat now...they don't have ANY perimeter defenders to guard wade and lebron...at least before they had peaches...

Unforturnately this is true, a bad perimeter defensive team got much worse with those trades. If LBJ settles for those outside jumpers for 7 games, I like our chances, otherwise Dwight will spend all game doubling guys like he did in the game on Friday.

Lebron would kick the **** outta D12 in a fight

You're kidding right?... Dwight would smash him, no contest.

Teeboy1487
02-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Lebron sounded like a wimp. Not saying he is but those quotes don't do him justice.

tredigs
02-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Unforturnately this is true, a bad perimeter defensive team got much worse with those trades. If LBJ settles for those outside jumpers for 7 games, I like our chances, otherwise Dwight will spend all game doubling guys like he did in the game on Friday.

You're kidding right?... Dwight would smash him, no contest.

Meh, they're both juggernauts. If either of the two actually know how to fight (I highly doubt it), then that one would win. Otherwise, it's not cut and dry. I'd be willing to bet their overall strength is fairly similar.

Funny, I actually talked about this with a buddy last night.

redsox0717
02-06-2011, 04:37 AM
It's about time some more superstar rivalries popped up in the NBA, none of that hugging and being friends BS that a lot of the top players do. Makes the games more intense IMO when the players and teams want nothing more than to beat the snot out of the opposition.

hyb152
02-06-2011, 04:59 AM
+1.

Dwight has mentioned LeBron and the Heat a lot more than LeBron has talked about Howard or the Magic.

+2. And I don't blame Dwight for being jealous of Lebron about the attention. Dwight's a superstar just like Lebron... but Lebron's the best player in the league so Dwight shouldn't be surprised.

Khalifa21
02-06-2011, 09:28 AM
:laugh2:

I am soooo glad LeBron got the last laugh.. Dwight if you're gonna mock him, at least come out and play. Bron made you look foolish son.

SteBO
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't think so. Howard mocked the decision. Then he mocked the team photos, then the powder toss.

I have to seriously doubt that Lebron likes/respects Dwight. Lebron usually doesn't **** all over teams that don't piss him off. If you boo him or talk ****, he defocates on you.
This. I dunno why Dwight mocked LeBron before the game, bt obviously LeBron played angry in that game. I definitely believe that a rivalry could be brewing, bt I think we all know that true rivalries aren't developed until Heat-Magic meet in the playoffs at least twice. I even heard Steve Kerr saying that he heard LeBron tell a teammate, "We can't let Dwight do that to our teammate", referring to his hard foul on Dwyane Wade. We'll see, I guess.

Niro
02-06-2011, 09:46 AM
that would be pretty cool
the nba needs more rivalrys!

Heater4life
02-06-2011, 09:56 AM
This. I dunno why Dwight mocked LeBron before the game, bt obviously LeBron played angry in that game. I definitely believe that a rivalry could be brewing, bt I think we all know that true rivalries aren't developed until Heat-Magic meet in the playoffs at least twice. I even heard Steve Kerr saying that he heard LeBron tell a teammate, "We can't let Dwight do that to our teammate", referring to his hard foul on Dwyane Wade. We'll see, I guess.

Disagree. These teams have the star power, the talent, the divisional animosity, etc; to make this an instant rivalry. Then again, with that being said, the Heat are going to have a league wide rivalry come playoof time. were hated.

SteBO
02-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Disagree. These teams have the star power, the talent, the divisional animosity, etc; to make this an instant rivalry. Then again, with that being said, the Heat are going to have a league wide rivalry come playoof time. were hated.
Good point, bt the playoffs define rivalries more in my opinion. We are hated, so I guess an instant one isn't out of the question.

JordansBulls
02-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Meh, they're both juggernauts. If either of the two actually know how to fight (I highly doubt it), then that one would win. Otherwise, it's not cut and dry. I'd be willing to bet their overall strength is fairly similar.

Funny, I actually talked about this with a buddy last night.

You think they are similar strength wise?

Fmaranesi
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I love it, I want to see some fights.

zambo4president
02-06-2011, 10:46 AM
As much as I hate LeBron, I honestly think he'd lay Dwight on his ***. Dwight's huge, but he hasn't had those guns for that long, he'd be so uncoordinated and slow throwing his hands.

ignorance=bliss
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Kinda odd heat fans are saying the same things cavs fans said the past 7 years. Makes me think they haven't learned from past history. Lebron will have an early off season once again.

LMAO

thread.

MiamiWadeCounty
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
As much as I hate LeBron, I honestly think he'd lay Dwight on his ***. Dwight's huge, but he hasn't had those guns for that long, he'd be so uncoordinated and slow throwing his hands.

lol I'd rather both of them just gang up on KG and destroy him

CHANGO
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Watch the video from 1:30... Lebron, should knock Dwight Howard, if he can and know how to fight.
If not, the best fighter wins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7rq8lhetLA

Sandman
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Dwight was on the floor the night LeBron first showed his colors when he stormed off the court in '09.

icej
02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Message to D12: If you are going to mock somebody (anyone) like that in a nationally televised game, you should make sure he does not humiliate you like that, co'z a lot of people's respect in you may no longer favor you after that game. At least in my case I've lost my respect for him after that game. LBJ just made a joke out of him, and he took it like a child that needs some *** whoppin -then cry to the media.

icon1914
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM

It's really odd that people would blame LeBron for The Cavs early departures the last two years when all the evidence points that he was the only reason they were even there in the first place...

And Heat fans have two other reasons to be hopeful this post season...

MagicBucsSox
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
:laugh2:

I am soooo glad LeBron got the last laugh.. Dwight if you're gonna mock him, at least come out and play. Bron made you look foolish son.

how did he make dwight look foolish? he was hittting long jumpers all game. dwight was trashing miami until the lead got outta hand, inwhich its no time to feed a big man down 20

and i think Dwight dont respect leBron b/c he doesnt believe the hype, the handshake crap lebron pulled, the fact head 2 head dwight has more wins and who can forget the HEAVILY CAVS OFFICIATED CAVS SERIES AND PHANTOM CALLS DWIGHT GOT GUARDING LEBRON.

MagicBucsSox
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
lol like why are ppl saying Lebron humiliated Dwight as if he scored 51 points on dwight? lol i actually think none were on Dwight. and lets not act like Dwight wasnt busting miami's azz before the wings folded as usual. didnt he have like 20 at the half?

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
He def has something against lebron. You can tell because he goes out of his way to try to mock him and his pregame actions. Lebron gets the last laugh though.

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
lol like why are ppl saying Lebron humiliated Dwight as if he scored 51 points on dwight? lol i actually think none were on Dwight. and lets not act like Dwight wasnt busting miami's azz before the wings folded as usual. didnt he have like 20 at the half?

He humiliated him by droping 50 on his team at his house and all after dwight mocked him.

Im sorry but if someones talking crap or acting out like towards u before a game and the person u were talking crap or acting out towards outplays u and beats ur team on ur home floor that is humiliating someone.

And dwight wasnt busting anymore than usual for all the miami has no center talk and how bigs are supposedly going to destroy us in the middle dwight had a very avg game. And if ur gonna talk crap u better come out with more than avg because lebron did.

John Walls Era
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Lebron will get the last laugh like usual.

Rivera
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM

ahahahahahaha lebron what a *****

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
He humiliated him by droping 50 on his team at his house and all after dwight mocked him.

Im sorry but if someones talking crap or acting out like towards u before a game and the person u were talking crap or acting out towards outplays u and beats ur team on ur home floor that is humiliating someone.

And dwight wasnt busting anymore than usual for all the miami has no center talk and how bigs are supposedly going to destroy us in the middle dwight had a very avg game. And if ur gonna talk crap u better come out with more than avg because lebron did.

yup

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Dwight re-created the conversation

No way it went down like that. No competitive person from High School to the NBA would just lay down like that if somebody was talking smack

MiamiWadeCounty
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Dwight re-created the conversation

No way it went down like that. No competitive person from High School to the NBA would just lay down like that if somebody was talking smack

I believe Lebron would say "dont bump me" but he wouldn't say 'nothing'

thekmp211
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
its funny, because they seem similar personality-wise.

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM

:laugh: i didnt see dwight do anything when lebron humiliated him. so it goes both ways.

hugepatsfan
02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Lebron getting himself in a tizzy because Dwight bumped him does not make this a rivalry.

Avenged
02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
He stole this trait from Kobe back in the day..

Get him mad, and he will come out better than ever when you play against him.

Superstars are able to crank it up another notch when need be.

Khalifa21
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM

LeBron: "Drop 50"

Seems more realistic...

3RDASYSTEM
02-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I smell....WWE

¿QUE?
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Lebron could prob take almost anyone in the league in a fight...except Dwight haha. They talk **** on the court but are friends off of it nbd.

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM

LeBron: "Drop 50"

Seems more realistic...

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I believe Lebron would say "dont bump me" but he wouldn't say 'nothing'

Agreed. He said something besides "Nothing". I bet even Spencer Hawes would say more than "Nothing"

Sandman
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Dwight had a good game in that sense, the big reason they ended up losing is because Dwight didnt hit his free throws (3-13). That didnt have anything to do with Miami's D in the middle. 17 and 16 id say is still a good game anyway.

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Dwight had a good game in that sense, the big reason they ended up losing is because Dwight didnt hit his free throws (3-13). That didnt have anything to do with Miami's D in the middle. 17 and 16 id say is still a good game anyway.

I said he had an avg game. And those stats are pretty avg dwight he wasnt great or above average in anything besides maybe a few rebounds.

7 for 13 fgs against our supposedly weak interior defense is a pretty good job well done by our bigs.

Like u said they ended up losing because of howard (his free throws in the case u pointed out) meanwhile the heat ended up winning because of LeBron's everything. case closed.

John Walls Era
02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Lebron could prob take almost anyone in the league in a fight...except Dwight haha. They talk **** on the court but are friends off of it nbd.

I doubt it. I know Dwight and Bosh use to be friends, but if Lebron and Dwight were friends you wouldn't constantly mock Lebron.

val_modus
02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Wouldnt it be awesome to actuaLLY see Dwight get angry for once and flat out dominate a game the way Shaq used to down in Orlando, LeBron looked like a man possessed that night, every bucket he scored he had a mean frown on, no smiles no games. That being said, i laughed at the part about THATS BEING PASSED FOR TOUGHNESS AMONG SUPERSTARS THESE DAYS.. so true hahaa.

ElMarroAfamado
02-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Stop Bro. This is a taboo comment and opinion even though you are right ;)
just agree with everything they say
haha

godolphins
02-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Don't tell me you really believe it went down like that

Kashmir13579
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM

i don't think its that.

shizzle09
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM

LMFAO!!!! ummm, difference is Wade, Bosh, Miller, Haslem will be with Lebron for the playoffs. Not Mo Williams and Antwan Jamison. Pretty simple to see the difference but i understand the hate blinds you.

JARVIS123
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
why people wanna see dwight back up his beef with injury to a player instead of skill ? james let his game speak for it self .something howard should've did.

whitemamba33
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
you guys are such drama queens.

One kind bumped another guy, the other guy told him not to bump him.

IN what world is this a rivalry? And in what world does this need 5 pages of discussion?

dtmagnet
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I'll believe it when Howard hard fouls him and gets ejected for touching the golden boy.

DerekRE_3
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
:yawn:

DerekRE_3
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Agreed. He said something besides "Nothing". I bet even Spencer Hawes would say more than "Nothing"

Eh I dunno. Spencina has been suffering from a strained vagina since being drafted.

Durant is hype
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
This is exactly what the NBA,a fresh rivalry between two teams and two players. Its a game within a game!

PS: Lebron didn't look angry during the game,James just happened to be ON FIRE the whole night. He told Craig Sager this was nothing personal.

Raph12
02-06-2011, 09:50 PM
For guys saying they're close in strength; Dwight's WAY stronger than Lebron, just look at him toss LBJ around like a rag doll everytime they are guarding one-another (seldom I know, but when it happens, Dwight always overpowers him).

footballer2369
02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
For guys saying they're close in strength; Dwight's WAY stronger than Lebron, just look at him toss LBJ around like a rag doll everytime they are guarding one-another (seldom I know, but when it happens, Dwight always overpowers him).

Don't be ridiculous.

nickdymez
02-07-2011, 01:00 AM

Howard is the second leading vote getter. I think he's more famous judging by the fans reaction

Yanks All Day
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Howard is the second leading vote getter. I think he's more famous judging by the fans reaction

I'm having a hard time believing that Dwight Howard is more famous than LeBron James.

Avenged
02-07-2011, 01:08 AM

That's because the C spot is very thin, thus giving Dwight more votes for his position.

nickdymez
02-07-2011, 02:10 AM
That's because the C spot is very thin, thus giving Dwight more votes for his position.

Makes Kobe the overall vote getter even more crazy

Sandman
02-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Makes Kobe the overall vote getter even more crazy

well who is up against Kobe for that spot in the west?

Raph12
02-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Don't be ridiculous.

It's not close, he bullies Lebron everytime LBJ is mistakenly matched up with him... Hell I remember one instance where LBJ blocked his dunk and Lebron, as the blocker, actually fell to the floor from the impact.

Just watch it and watch the rare occasions when they're matched up together, D12 beasts him. Now whether or not either of them can fight is a completely different topic, but speaking strictly about brute strength, it isn't close.

Arch Stanton
02-07-2011, 02:53 AM

That's cuz Heat fans love to jump on the bandwagon.

Arch Stanton
02-07-2011, 02:59 AM
LMFAO!!!! ummm, difference is Wade, Bosh, Miller, Haslem will be with Lebron for the playoffs. Not Mo Williams and Antwan Jamison. Pretty simple to see the difference but i understand the hate blinds you.

Yeah outside of Wade and Bosh you lack a PG and a C. At least Cleveland had all the pieces. And Miller and Haslem aren't better than anyone on the Cavs. Maybe equal but not better.
Maybe the Heat can tamper again this summer and score Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. If that's how they need to win a championship than I say go for it!

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-07-2011, 03:23 AM
It's not close, he bullies Lebron everytime LBJ is mistakenly matched up with him... Hell I remember one instance where LBJ blocked his dunk and Lebron, as the blocker, actually fell to the floor from the impact.

Just watch it and watch the rare occasions when they're matched up together, D12 beasts him. Now whether or not either of them can fight is a completely different topic, but speaking strictly about brute strength, it isn't close.

This is true. I remember Lebron admitting Dwight was too much for him when they played against eachother on the box in the olympics. Dwight is so much bigger

hyb152
02-07-2011, 03:29 AM
It's okay Dwight. Just anger Lebron some more. He'll only drop 40 10 and 8 next time you guys play. Just ask Cleveland and other teams how Lebron paid them back for the criticism.

Raph12
02-07-2011, 03:38 AM
This is true. I remember Lebron admitting Dwight was too much for him when they played against eachother on the box in the olympics. Dwight is so much bigger

I remember Kobe saying Dwight's "the strongest guy I've ever played against... he's just really, really strong" after their Olympic run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmYKrZtwW4...

And Kobe's played with/against Shaq, so that's saying something.

stawka
02-07-2011, 03:57 AM
I remember Kobe saying Dwight's "the strongest guy I've ever played against... he's just really, really strong" after their Olympic run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmYKrZtwW4...

And Kobe's played with/against Shaq, so that's saying something.

You can't honestly believe that can you? Shaq also said Wade was the best teammate he ever played with, they're words thrown into the media to get to "the other guy"

Dwight gets bullied now by a 38yr old Shaq. Don't fall for that lol

Back to the topic though... I love it. I love the building rivalries, finally some interesting **** without punches/suspensions. What makes it more fun is LeBron taking his anger out on these ****ers -- Magic GM... Dwight... Cavs GM. The more fuel, the better

Raph12
02-07-2011, 04:04 AM
You can't honestly believe that can you? Shaq also said Wade was the best teammate he ever played with, they're words thrown into the media to get to "the other guy"

Dwight gets bullied now by a 38yr old Shaq. Don't fall for that lol

Back to the topic though... I love it. I love the building rivalries, finally some interesting **** without punches/suspensions. What makes it more fun is LeBron taking his anger out on these ****ers -- Magic GM... Dwight... Cavs GM. The more fuel, the better

Shaq has size on him, Dwight pushing 350lbs vs Shaq pushing 275lbs is completely different. Both of them pushing someone else (ie: Kobe), they'll feel the difference. Perk handled Shaq and at times Shaq couldn't budge when trying to post him down, yet Dwight powers Perk down and pins him behind his back almost everytime down the floor. Shaq would definitely whoop Dwight's ***, because it's not really a fair fight, but if you put both in the weight room and do a "test of strength" so to speak, I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight beat him.

As for the topic, keep in mind, Dwight's doesn't guard Lebron or vice-versa, so it's really more LBJ vs Magic perimeter players and D12 vs Heat bigs than anything else. It's not really fair to Dwight, seeming as how they swarm him in the post and he doesn't have a legit 2nd option or anyone else to deter to like Lebron... Either way, good to see some hatred between the players of today, makes for a good storyline.

jzero
02-07-2011, 04:18 AM

you do realize they play different positions?
play howard against shaq and LAWWWL
howard barely averages 18 points in his career and you think he's some sort of beast
you should watch some olajuwan, abdul jabbar and shaq JUST TO START WITH before you talk about powerful players
you dont know jackshit about basketball buddy and im not hating on the magic
i think dwight is the most promising centre in the game but hes a minnow compared to the truly great and powerful centers
also he scored 1 point in the second half against the HEAT?
man the magic shouldn't even be considered elite

Sadds The Gr8
02-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Play howard against shaq and lawwwl
howard barely averages 18 points in his career and you think he's some sort of beast
you should watch some olajuwan, abdul jabbar and shaq just to start with before you talk about powerful players
i think dwight is the most promising centre in the game but hes a minnow compared to the truly great and powerful centers
also he scored 1 point in the second half against the heat?
Man the magic shouldn't even be considered elite

LOL hahahah

jzero
02-07-2011, 04:27 AM
LOL hahahah

if the criteria for knowledge is me saying hasheem thabeet is stronger than kevin martin and if they ever matched up thabeet would win the physical contest every time then i am a sage of basketball :cool:

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
if the criteria for knowledge is me saying hasheem thabeet is stronger than kevin martin and if they ever matched up thabeet would win the physical contest every time then i am a sage of basketball :cool:

people were saying that lebron was just as strong if not stronger than dwight. did you read the whole thing or not? raph actually knows quiiiiiite a bit about basketball DA

aman_13
02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Good to see some beef between the best players, always felt like today's stars are too friendly with each other.

JayTee1981
02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Who cares this is good stuff I want howard to hate LeBron....talk smack bump chests and stuff stop with the political crap Howard and LeBron are susposed to hate each other they are in the same confrence.

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
the thing i hate the most is when people say all howard and the magic do is talk about the heat...i don't think people realize its all the media talks about to the magic as well. what do you think about lebron? what do you think about the heat? blah blah blah.

SteBO
02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
the thing i hate the most is when people say all howard and the magic do is talk about the heat...i don't think people realize its all the media talks about to the magic as well. what do you think about lebron? what do you think about the heat? blah blah blah.
I was just about to post this. During the off-season, Dwight even refused to answer questions about the Heat because he's been nagged about it all day, everyday. He didn't help himself mocking LeBron before the game, though.

Jiggie
02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
So apparently now a days if a player looks at another player funny, it's a Rivalry? What happened to continual hotly contested, and competitive games determining that... God the Media is grasping anything it can now a days to make a story.

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I was just about to post this. During the off-season, Dwight even refused to answer questions about the Heat because he's been nagged about it all day, everyday. He didn't help himself mocking LeBron before the game, though.

true, i wish he wouldn't mock lebron...thats kind of childish, but after awhile i'd start to get completely fed up and annoyed with it too. orlando could be playing the 76ers and they would still be fielding questions about lebron and the heat...not dwade and the heat, or bosh and the heat, but lebron and the heat. that and lebron walking off the court and not shaking hands has left dwight not caring one bit about lebron

justinnum1
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Howard's just mad he cant join the party in south beach.

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM

or he's just annoyed that no one shuts up with miami

Sandman
02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah outside of Wade and Bosh you lack a PG and a C. At least Cleveland had all the pieces. And Miller and Haslem aren't better than anyone on the Cavs. Maybe equal but not better.
Maybe the Heat can tamper again this summer and score Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. If that's how they need to win a championship than I say go for it!

I think Miller is better than any player on the Cavs, I don't know if Haslem is, but I think Haslem is good role player. Kinda like a Gortat-type. Not a serious talent, but plays with solid fundamentals and can box out, execute pick and rolls and give 6 fouls.

They do have sizable holes at PG and C. They dont need a true point guard because LeBron is basically a point-forward and on top of that you've got Wade who can control the ball when you need him to. They don't need an all-star dish the ball point guard here, they need somebody that can play D on the perimeter and be a spot up shooter.

They're like a puzzle where you've already got all of the edge pieces and corners put together and there are just a few missing in the middle. They'll get their mid level exception guys and they'll get their veteran title chasers. Their holes are easily plugged at the end of the year.

Howard doesn't have a B option. The open shooter is the B option. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. They live and die by the 3. I wish Stan would give Arenas more PT while its still February. See what he can still do before the playoffs start.

Sandman
02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
play howard against shaq and LAWWWL
you should watch some olajuwan, abdul jabbar and shaq JUST TO START WITH before you talk about powerful players
also he scored 1 point in the second half against the HEAT?
man the magic shouldn't even be considered elite

You're only looking at one side of the court.

What makes Dwight Howard great has lead to two straight Defensive Player of the Year awards in 2009 and 2010.

jtsunami
02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Spoelstra: Don't bump me man.
Lebron: What are you going to do about it?
Spoelstra: Nothing :( Just don't bump me.

Ray_R
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM

James Johnson>LBJ (in a fight)

Flash3
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
cmon fellow heat fans with all the hate against lebron we shouldn't hate players just cause they called our guys names ( durant howard) hate the team but not the player.

also it would be kinda awesome since they're team mates in the allstar game.. :D

Arch Stanton
02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I think Miller is better than any player on the Cavs, I don't know if Haslem is, but I think Haslem is good role player. Kinda like a Gortat-type. Not a serious talent, but plays with solid fundamentals and can box out, execute pick and rolls and give 6 fouls.

They do have sizable holes at PG and C. They dont need a true point guard because LeBron is basically a point-forward and on top of that you've got Wade who can control the ball when you need him to. They don't need an all-star dish the ball point guard here, they need somebody that can play D on the perimeter and be a spot up shooter.

They're like a puzzle where you've already got all of the edge pieces and corners put together and there are just a few missing in the middle. They'll get their mid level exception guys and they'll get their veteran title chasers. Their holes are easily plugged at the end of the year.

Howard doesn't have a B option. The open shooter is the B option. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. They live and die by the 3. I wish Stan would give Arenas more PT while its still February. See what he can still do before the playoffs start.

I disagree with you there. I don't think Mike Miller is better than Mo, or Antawn, or Varajeou, or Boobie. I don't necessarily think that they're better. But Miller is at least on equal ground. I know Mo was an All Star and I think Jamison was too at one point. I don't think Miller ever has been. Not that Miller isn't a quality player. But he's just a role player.

Sandman
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I disagree with you there. I don't think Mike Miller is better than Mo, or Antawn, or Varajeou, or Boobie. I don't necessarily think that they're better. But Miller is at least on equal ground. I know Mo was an All Star and I think Jamison was too at one point. I don't think Miller ever has been. Not that Miller isn't a quality player. But he's just a role player.

I won't disagree with you there. I think he's just a role player the same way LeBron was surrounded by a bunch of role players in Cleveland. What I was trying to say was that all the Heat need at this point is role players (Mike Millers). They have 1, 1a and 2 as far as options. The Cavs basically had option 1... and a team full of guys that should have been the 3rd, 4th or 5th. I think Miller is a 3rd option on a good team and he could have had better years than Mo Williams if he was the only one next to LeBron

jzero
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
You're only looking at one side of the court.

What makes Dwight Howard great has lead to two straight Defensive Player of the Year awards in 2009 and 2010.

camby has defensive player of the year awards too?
thats a horrible foundation to qualify someone as a true great
try mvp or finals mvp?

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I won't disagree with you there. I think he's just a role player the same way LeBron was surrounded by a bunch of role players in Cleveland. What I was trying to say was that all the Heat need at this point is role players (Mike Millers). They have 1, 1a and 2 as far as options. The Cavs basically had option 1... and a team full of guys that should have been the 3rd, 4th or 5th. I think Miller is a 3rd option on a good team and he could have had better years than Mo Williams if he was the only one next to LeBron

basically its what dwight has. he has no number 2 option. just a bunch of threes who when they are on, can light it up. but when they are off, like the past month, they are terrible. lebron had his hands on the ball every posession while with cleveland in the playoffs, his team mates did a lot of standing around. and i mean A LOT of standing around. they weren't involved in the game. he had the PERFECT compliment players. he had a pure hustle guy in V, he had a decent big man shooter in Z. mo was an all-star at one time...that sounds like a fairly legit group of roll players for a guy who holds the ball allllllllllllllll the time

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
try mvp or finals mvp?

howards offense >> camby's offense

sooo not quite the comparison

Sandman
02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
try mvp or finals mvp?
It makes Camby a great defensive player, sure. Howard is everything Camby was and so far has been at least twice the offensive player.

jzero
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
howards offense >> camby's offense

sooo not quite the comparison

fair enough
i dont wana turn this into a thread about how howard compares with the best but imo he is nowhere near shaq in terms of ability on the offensive end and in the end howard needs to produce on that side of the court if he is going to win a championship in orlando

Sandman
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
basically its what dwight has. he has no number 2 option. just a bunch of threes who when they are on, can light it up. but when they are off, like the past month, they are terrible. lebron had his hands on the ball every posession while with cleveland in the playoffs, his team mates did a lot of standing around. and i mean A LOT of standing around. they weren't involved in the game. he had the PERFECT compliment players. he had a pure hustle guy in V, he had a decent big man shooter in Z. mo was an all-star at one time...that sounds like a fairly legit group of roll players for a guy who holds the ball allllllllllllllll the time
I think that was the problem. They blew out the majority of the league, thats how they got to the #1 seed in the NBA (multiple times? I dont remember). Eventually they got to the teams in the playoffs that had the personnel to D up LeBron's teammates and let LeBron do whatever he wants. Thats when he needed somebody else.

Agreed on the Magic. Dwight doesnt have a #2, but they do have a system that could beat any team any night. He anchors the middle and 4 guys stand on the 3 point line. When they get good ball movement, they can get an open look at the 3 point line on most possessions. If they had that #2 they would take a huge step forward offensively because they could still do a lot of that and then some. This is why you gotta see what Gilbert can still do, because he's probably the Magic's only shot at a Robin for Howard's Batman any time soon.

yangx620
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
i hope so, dwight needs a great sg to make it a true rivalry

yangx620
02-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I think that was the problem. They blew out the majority of the league, thats how they got to the #1 seed in the NBA (multiple times? I dont remember). Eventually they got to the teams in the playoffs that had the personnel to D up LeBron's teammates and let LeBron do whatever he wants. Thats when he needed somebody else.

Agreed on the Magic. Dwight doesnt have a #2, but they do have a system that could beat any team any night. He anchors the middle and 4 guys stand on the 3 point line. When they get good ball movement, they can get an open look at the 3 point line on most possessions. If they had that #2 they would take a huge step forward offensively because they could still do a lot of that and then some. This is why you gotta see what Gilbert can still do, because he's probably the Magic's only shot at a Robin for Howard's Batman any time soon.

true, magic can beat any team right now with their current players but sucks that those guys are shooters and if it doesnt go in against an elite team, magic will never amount to anything

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
fair enough
i dont wana turn this into a thread about how howard compares with the best but imo he is nowhere near shaq in terms of ability on the offensive end and in the end howard needs to produce on that side of the court if he is going to win a championship in orlando

you can't compare the two though. shaq took 20+ shots a game. dwight gets 13. when dwight gets 19+ shots a game he is right around 30 points a game. is dwight going against the same talent? no, not by a long shot..but howard and shaq have a major difference between them. shaq was about 50+ pounds heavier than every other center in the league. he could EASILY back his way to the hoop. if howard tries to do that now, its a charge. its not a big mans game anymore, its a wing mans game. its not fair to compare them. the only reason why they do is BECAUSE DWIGHT IS THE ELITE BIG IN THE LEAGUE...

rapjuicer06
02-07-2011, 06:31 PM

yup. the problem was lebron didn't have a defensive big to stop dwight so they doubled him a lot while on offense lebron himself made others cold. he couldn't drive to the hoop against dwight like he could everyone else and dish it out. so the cavs were standing around getting colder and colder. but i will say this...during the regular season everyone said no one will touch the cavs cuz they finally have a big (shaq) and he has great role players. then the playoffs come and they lose then alllllll the excuses came pouring in. the year before it was he had great role players then the excuse was, they had no big man....it was ridiculous how many excuses he got, but howard doesn't get the same ones when he has an average PG, average SG, below average (last couple years) PF and a average SF...just doesn't seem too fair. gotta love the double standards

Raph12
02-07-2011, 11:23 PM

It's a dumb comparison between two guys who play different positions and different roles on their teams. Obviously with Wade, Bosh and guys like House, Miller, Jones, etc spotting up around the 3pt line LBJ has a much better team than what Dwight has around him... If D12 joins the party in LA, OKC or Boston, Lebron will be the one who's constantly "mad" as he'll spend a lot of time getting whooped by Dwight's team.

I like it because all of the lovey-dovey relationships between players nowadays is getting really annoying and it's nice to see two guys who hate each other go at it... But it's not a fair fight atm, not even close.

ilovemyangel
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
yup. the problem was lebron didn't have a defensive big to stop dwight so they doubled him a lot while on offense lebron himself made others cold. he couldn't drive to the hoop against dwight like he could everyone else and dish it out. so the cavs were standing around getting colder and colder. but i will say this...during the regular season everyone said no one will touch the cavs cuz they finally have a big (shaq) and he has great role players. then the playoffs come and they lose then alllllll the excuses came pouring in. the year before it was he had great role players then the excuse was, they had no big man....it was ridiculous how many excuses he got, but howard doesn't get the same ones when he has an average PG, average SG, below average (last couple years) PF and a average SF...just doesn't seem too fair. gotta love the double standards

Howard didn't get the same excuses becos critics directly criticized his post game. All he had in his repertoire were jump hooks and try-to-back-his-way-as-close-to-the-basket-as-possible-and-throw-up-a-prayer. I wouldn't call Jameer Nelson nor Vince Carter average. While you can argue that rashard Lewis is average, his presence allow room for Dwight to work in the post.Dwight was an easy target becoz he's not as good as he should and can be. I'm happy that Dwight mocks Lebron before games in his face, becoz it makes him look silly when Lebron drops 50 on his team. I hate the Magic.

rapjuicer06
02-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Howard didn't get the same excuses becos critics directly criticized his post game. All he had in his repertoire were jump hooks and try-to-back-his-way-as-close-to-the-basket-as-possible-and-throw-up-a-prayer. I wouldn't call Jameer Nelson nor Vince Carter average. While you can argue that rashard Lewis is average, his presence allow room for Dwight to work in the post.Dwight was an easy target becoz he's not as good as he should and can be. I'm happy that Dwight mocks Lebron before games in his face, becoz it makes him look silly when Lebron drops 50 on his team. I hate the Magic.

carter used to be more than average, now, he is average. jameer is decent on offense, terrible on defense which makes him average. lewis this year was awful, the past couple years he was average at best. couldn't play defense against a normal PF. you mocking dwights lack of post moves is like saying other players only have a jumpshot...and i'm pretty sure you described shaq's post moves as well...what a one trick pony :rolleyes: