PDA

View Full Version : If Anthony becomes a knicks, would they have the best duo of mid-range jump shooters?

nysportsfan30
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Heres an interesting poll. If Carmelo Anthony is in fact traded to the knicks, would him and Amare make the best duo of mid range shooters in the NBA.

nysportsfan30
02-06-2011, 01:55 AM
btw i voted for Paul/West

Raph12
02-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Ray, KG & Pierce no doubt...

asandhu23
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Err... Warriors have a "quad" Dorell, Monta, Steph and David Lee.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:09 AM
That would not be a good thing in my opinion. Why is Amare a mid range jumpshooter would be a better question.

nysportsfan30
02-06-2011, 02:10 AM
That would not be a good thing in my opinion. Why is Amare a mid range jumpshooter would be a better question.

Watch a Knicks game and you'll know exactly why

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:11 AM
And lol at having Wade and Lebron in there. Lebron is at the basket, or a three point shooter. No mid range game at all.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Watch a Knicks game and you'll know exactly why

They are not on national t.v often, and I dont have league pass. Can you tell me why?

I looked at his numbers the other day and he is having one of his worst statistical years of his career. FG%, True shooting%, Efg%, ws/48 are all career lows. Maybe he should start attacking the basket more and he would improve his numbers. After all, he is a big man right? We are not talking about a small forward here. He is suppose to be a center.

NYsFinest
02-06-2011, 02:25 AM
They are not on national t.v often, and I dont have league pass. Can you tell me why?

I looked at his numbers the other day and he is having one of his worst statistical years of his career. FG%, True shooting%, Efg%, ws/48 are all career lows. Maybe he should start attacking the basket more and he would improve his numbers. After all, he is a big man right? We are not talking about a small forward here. He is suppose to be a center.

Its really quite simple, amare needs help... getting a guy like Melo would fix that though.

Raps08-09 Champ
I'd put Gallo over Amare.

zo#33
Heats best midrange shooters are Haslem and Bosh

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Bargnani has looked like he can make a shot from anywhere.

He's had a recent shooting slump but before that, he was on fire. Most of the shots he missed were the ones where there was contact on a drive.

It seemed like he made a shot even when he drove and pulled up or with a faceup and someone was in his face.

bowdown27
02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
I think they would have an awesome duo but I don't think number one though
1)Paul pierce/ray Allen handsdown

Knicks21
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Dirk and Butler when healthy imo.

ChiTownPacerFan
02-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Scola and Martin, Aldridge and Batum/Mathews, Rose and Boozer, Durant and Westy, Gay and Randolph (more of a 3 point shooter), Kobe and Gasol... a lot of omissions. Anyway, I voted other.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Its really quite simple, amare needs help... getting a guy like Melo would fix that though.

I agree he needs help. I was just wondering why he would be taking a lot of mid range jump shots. If this is in fact the case. Like I said, I have only seen the Knicks twice this year so I am no one to judge. But if it is true that Amare is taking a lot of them, I can only ask myself, Why?

And if you guys do land Melo, you guys are going to have two players floating around the mid range area. You guys are going to need a point who can penetrate at will with all the empty space underneath the rim. I dont know if Felton is that guy.

ko8e24
02-06-2011, 02:39 AM
Anyone paired with Kobe Bryant (who is the best mid-range J shooter in the game today and has been since MJ retired) would be the best duo. And that counterpart of Bryant's happens to be Pau Gasol, who isn't too shabby of a jumpshooter himself.

nysportsfan30
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM

Thats fair, but you cant dispute the automatic-ness of his 18 footer and that is the question...

goblazers7
02-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Aldridge and Matthews/Batum
Homer.
Deal wit it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Thats fair, but you cant dispute the automatic-ness of his 18 footer and that is the question...

I like that word. :) I watched Amare a lot when he was with the Suns. I do agree he had a very nice jumper. But he also attacked the rim. I dont know if he has not done that this year because I have not watched him, but his efficiency numbers going down across the board tells me that he has not taken the highest percentage shots available.

I want to see the Knicks be good. I think it would be good for the league. The only way I see that happening is Amare having the same type of numbers he put up his entire career.

mttwlsn16
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
maybe not now...but blake griffin/eric gordon in a year or 2 will be damnnnnnn good...provided DTS doesnt **** things up like he tends to do

mttwlsn16
02-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Anyone paired with Kobe Bryant (who is the best mid-range J shooter in the game today and has been since MJ retired) would be the best duo. And that counterpart of Bryant's happens to be Pau Gasol, who isn't too shabby of a jumpshooter himself.

poop gasol is the definition of a soft big man

ChiTownPacerFan
02-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Aldridge and Matthews/Batum
Homer.
Deal wit it.

I don't think that's homerism. I suggested them already, and they clearly have as good of a case as anyone. There are just way too many possibilities.

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 03:25 AM
lol at people still picking Lebron/Wade when Lebron basically has no midrange game. it should be Wade/Bosh. probably all Heat fans picking them anyway, just cuz they are options. if the poll was "who sucks the most dick", they would probably accidently pick Lebron/Wade just cuz they are options, and then realize afterwards what the poll was actually asking.

MiamiWadeCounty
02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't know about LBJ. I think Wade and Bosh is a great combo, although Melo and Amare would be nice as well. Pierce and KG would be the best for me, considering Allen is more known for his 3pt shot

210Don
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM
tim duncan, tony parker
homer.
deal with it.

Niro
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM
warriors..curry,ellis,wright and lee..great shooters from midrange and 3 (-lee)

KnicksR4Real
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd put Gallo over Amare.

x2 agreed:clap:

Khalifa21
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM

Dirk, Melo and Allen are all better mid range shooters than Kobe.

Slimsim
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Kobe Gasol ?

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Dirk/Terry ???

Rose/Boozer???

MSU4life
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM

u sir are a genius lol :clap:

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Really?? only a NY fan would be arrogant enough to make such a suggestion. First off melo is one of the best mid range shooters so i see the logic there but amare is behind a bunch of people so that kinda throws the theory out the window.

Pierce/allen or kg would be a good suggestion as both ray and pierce have won 3 point shoot outs and have high fg % to back it up.

And im surprised for all the **** bosh gets about being a midrange pf and never going in that hes not mention in the poll because hes one of the best mid range pfs with Dirk and pau in his shot. then u could add in wade or lbj

As i mentioned Pau is a top midrange pf so u can add kobes top mid range game and there are your top 3 mid range duos.

honorable mentions to TIm duncan and manu ginobili and even durant and westbrook.

ANd ALL of those duos go ahead of any amare and anyone combination.

MSU4life
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
poop gasol is the definition of a soft big man

last time i checked gasol has more rings then any1 on ur team combined

joeboow90
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
once the knicks get Melo, it's Melo and Amare. Melo is known for his mid-range shooting he is lethal when he gets that open mid range jumper thats when he goes for 40+. Amare is the same way, once the knicks can get Melo here theyre gonna be a problem

pd1dish
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
since pierce's best shot is that mid range shot at the elbow, and he pretty much hits it every time, KG is pretty much automatic mid range, and Ray Allen can hit any shot on the court if he gets a small amount of open space, it has to go to them.

29$JerZ
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
It's Pierce and KG

So much homer answers here :laugh:

goose15
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
not gonna be a homer :D

Pierce, Allen/KG

xxplayerxx23
02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Really?? only a NY fan would be arrogant enough to make such a suggestion. First off melo is one of the best mid range shooters so i see the logic there but amare is behind a bunch of people so that kinda throws the theory out the window.

Pierce/allen or kg would be a good suggestion as both ray and pierce have won 3 point shoot outs and have high fg % to back it up.

And im surprised for all the **** bosh gets about being a midrange pf and never going in that hes not mention in the poll because hes one of the best mid range pfs with Dirk and pau in his shot. then u could add in wade or lbj

As i mentioned Pau is a top midrange pf so u can add kobes top mid range game and there are your top 3 mid range duos.

honorable mentions to TIm duncan and manu ginobili and even durant and westbrook.

ANd ALL of those duos go ahead of any amare and anyone combination.

Amare is a pretty good mid range shooter but thats not really his game. I think Dirk is the better then pau at the mid range game. Amare and bosh are similar at the mid range game, lebron has no mid range game thoug.

NYKalltheway
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
It would help a lot since Amare wouldn't get double and triple marked every time since Melo would have to be guarded heavily as well. Can't say if it'd be the best, but it'd definetly help the Knicks in that department (but could hurt on other departments)

tredigs
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
And lol at having Wade and Lebron in there. Lebron is at the basket, or a three point shooter. No mid range game at all.

Another LBJ misnomer.

Lebron shoots 40% on the nose from 16-23ft every year somehow (and shoots a ton - over 5 a game), which is very respectable. Kobe hovers in the exact same range percentage/volume wise, and is shooting 39% from there this season.

So I ask you, does Kobe also have no mid-range game at all?

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
this was actually a tough decision for me (i almost held an ESPN broadcast)

the homer in me took over so i voted C's. but it was a toss up between BOS and NYK

Pierce is top 5 midrange IMO

Giaps
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Pierce/Allen and Kobe/Gasol would be better. I'd say Amar'e/Melo would be 3rd.

John Walls Era
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Since when is Amare a good midrange shooter? Hes just above avg.

thekmp211
02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
the celtics guys are the best by far. pierce and kg live in the mid-range, and allen is top 5 from anywhere on the court.

smith&wesson
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Bargnani and calderon lol

Bornknick73
02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
As a Knicks fan Im gonna have to say Pierce and Ray hands down.

redsox0717
02-06-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL

Just since Amare improved his mid range he is suddenly one of the best in the game? Allen, Pierce, and KG are all better mid range.

Hoopsadvocate
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Amare is a pretty good mid range shooter but thats not really his game. I think Dirk is the better then pau at the mid range game. Amare and bosh are similar at the mid range game, lebron has no mid range game thoug.

ehh i partially agree. I mean no knock on amare i know he can make some mid range shots as he has a pretty complete offensive game but its not the same as bosh's because thats pretty much bosh's game in any game only beat by someone like dirk and maybe pau (yes i agree dirk is ahead of pau). As for lebron he has as much a mid range game as amare except his if off the dribble. he just relies more on his inside game but abviously when he has his high scoring games he mixes his arsenal and shows a lot of mid range and 3 point shots. but id put wade over him in the midrange category.

dturpin598
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
it should be jason terry with dirk since bulters hurt. And I think that duo could match pierce and allen as top 2.

210Don
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
dirk and terry are the best actually. hands down.

BrahCake954
02-06-2011, 05:40 PM
carmelo shoots 43 pct from the field..

nope

Fnom11
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Deadly Mid range, still no defense however. And I mean 0 defense.

AIRMAR72
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
as long as raymond felton still on that team it should be a nice fit for carmelo

Minimal
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Allen, Pierce, KG

MacFitz92
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Dirk Nowitzki is a much better and more efficient mid range jump shooter than Kobe. It's really not even an argument.

Giaps
02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Allen, Pierce, KG
I find your sig humorous. It's only the regular season lol.

And Michael Jordan.... seriously?

AntiG
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Pierce, Allen and KG by far. There's a reason why they lead the league in FG percentage at over 50% despite having a relatively weak post game.

Tarheels23
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Aldrige and Roy (when healthy) should be up there.... Also, no love for Joe Johnson?

JayTee1981
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Paul/west are #1

showtym24
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Lmao at kobe and pau not even being in the poll. Fail

Da Knicks
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I dont know why no Pau and Kobe but i would still go with Anthony and Stat. I actually like Gallo and Anthony as my mid range shooters though.

Law25
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I voted Kobe and Pau, because i think Pau is an better mid range shooter than Stat and I think Kobe and Melo on most nights are an wash. This is no homerism either.