PDA

View Full Version : Report: Knicks, Wolves and Nuggets discussing three way trade

Pages : [1] 2

godolphins
02-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Knicks get Melo, Denver get Chandler, Cory Brewer and Wolves 1st pick and Minnesota get Randolph and Curry

Edit: Denver would also receive Wilson Chandler from New York

Per Chris Broussard

AI4MVP
02-06-2011, 12:37 AM
wow Minnesota gets did

EDIT: wait i just realized it prolly wouldnt be there own lottery pick going. they have like three first rounders

TrueFan420
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
dont see why sota would do this

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Minnesota what are you doing?

And obviously that draft pick is gonna be a top 5 pick

I rather have Jared Sullinger or Perry Jones off the bench than Randolph

GoatMilk
02-06-2011, 12:42 AM
really not that bad

anthony randolph might be better than any first round pick the wolves would get. this draft sucks

AI4MVP
02-06-2011, 12:43 AM
dont see why sota would do this

Minnesota what are you doing?

it obv wouldnt be there own pick. they have like three first picks from non lottery teams

Johann
02-06-2011, 12:43 AM
wwowowowowowowoowowowoww

baghdadbob
02-06-2011, 12:44 AM
really not that bad

anthony randolph might be better than any first round pick the wolves would get. this draft sucks

.... and I think you hit the nail on the head.

LTBaByyy
it obv wouldnt be there own pick. they have like three first picks from non lottery teams

Or it could be their own pick, we dont know yet

godolphins
Now I want this to happen so the east can get stronger: Boston(KG, Rondo, Allen, Pierce) Heat(Wade, Bosh, James) Bulls(Rose, Boozer) Magic(Howard, Arenas, Nelson) and Knicks(Amare, Melo) :drool:

Johann
02-06-2011, 12:45 AM
knicks are gonna have a mean startin 5.. but now they lack in some depth

baghdadbob
02-06-2011, 12:45 AM

Knicks are loaded at SF even if they get rid of Chandler.

Knicks desperately need height and a back up PG.

JerseysFinest
02-06-2011, 12:47 AM
If this goes down, Knicks are going to be raw.

GoatMilk
02-06-2011, 12:47 AM

no different than now
randolph and curry didnt play
swap melo for chandler

Giraffes Rule
02-06-2011, 12:50 AM

Where are you getting that info? All I can find is that they have their own pick, and Memphis' pick as a top-14 protected. If Denver isn't getting Memphis' pick, then they aren't getting very much. Corey Brewer isn't that good, and Chandler probably won't stick around.

Johann
no different than now
randolph and curry didnt play
swap melo for chandler

aigght.

they didnt really give up much. nice trade.

29$JerZ
I call BS on all Melo rumors
Just because its being discussed doesn't mean it will happen nor will it mean this is the exact deal.

iggypop123
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
good trade. but the nugets will have to find a way to flip chandler. he is a RFA next year. they will either lose him or overpay him.

AI4MVP
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM

or we can use common sense..

Flash3
02-06-2011, 12:52 AM
hope this **** gets done **** it's been too long

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 12:54 AM
WHen does Azuibeke come back???

Bc when he is healthy he is a very good player, especially in that up tempo system

Fields/Azuibeke/Walker/Mason
Melo/Gallo/Williams

That's a very good wingman line up, plus Douglas will be a SG when Knicks find a backup PG

godolphins
02-06-2011, 12:56 AM
aigght.

they didnt really give up much. nice trade.
They are discussing it

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Minnesota has their own (top 10 protected or the Clips get it), Memphis's if is falls in a certain range, and Utah's pick (top 16 protected). Anyone who thinks the Wolves are trading THEIR pick is insane. Btw, they can't, since there is a contingency on it currently (although the Wolves will obviously have their pick protected, but they aren't mathematically forced to yet).

reemy
02-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I like how the article makes it seem like its the timberwolves pick, which cant even be traded because of the clippers trade that was made. My guess is either the Jazz or Grizzlies pick

DoMeFavors
02-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I guess Denvers asking price is pretty much nothing now, I guess Knicks didnt play the way the Nets played where Denver would throw random people in the trade. Smart move by Walsh.

29$JerZ
02-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Minnesota has their own (top 10 protected or the Clips get it), Memphis's if is falls in a certain range, and Utah's pick (top 16 protected). Anyone who thinks the Wolves are trading THEIR pick is insane. Btw, they can't, since there is a contingency on it currently (although the Wolves will obviously have their pick protected, but they aren't mathematically forced to yet).

Does Kahn really value Randolph this highly to absorb Eddy's deal just to nab him?

Kind of crazy for a guy solely on potential

Johann
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
They are discussing it

thats upsetting...

lol

hugepatsfan
02-06-2011, 01:00 AM
This would be awesome for the Knicks. For MIN it will likely be a late 1st (they're not giving up their own) for Randolph, who's probably a better talent than they'll find in the draft. I think DEN gets the short end of the stick here.

hugepatsfan
02-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Does Kahn really value Randolph this highly to absorb Eddy's deal just to nab him?

Eddy's deal is expiring. Randolph has more talent than MIN will likely find in a late 1st rounder. Wouldn't be a bad trade for them.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
If the Wolves can get Randolph for Brewer, a mid to late round pick, and get back Randolph and Curry's expiring, I am beyond good with that. Randolph's talent is being wasted away in NY, and Brewer sucks, and a mid to late round pick is a huge hit or miss. They also get money to get back into the market for free agents next summer despite any cap holds.

All good as a Wolves fan

NYsFinest
02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Knicks should throw in a 2014 first rounder and get this done NOW

godolphins
Broussard just wrote an article on Espn about the propose trade he added that Denver can also get Wilson Chandler

I'm on my phone right now(doesn't have copy paste) so I can't post the link but it's on espn.com

Hawkeye15

Eddie's deal expires. Why not? The Wolves can use the cap relief to further their progress.

SpeeMN
02-06-2011, 01:04 AM
This would mean MN traded Al Jefferson for a mid 1st round pick AND Anthony Randolph. props

king4day
Highway robbery for the Knicks if that's the deal.

JordansBulls
Knicks get Melo, Denver get Chandler, Cory Brewer and Wolves 1st pick and Minnesota get Randolph and Curry

Per Chris Broussard

Good deal for the Knicks.

kjoke
this would have happened but when i heard

discussion....it was dead

DoMeFavors
02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
If the Wolves can get Randolph for Brewer, a mid to late round pick, and get back Randolph and Curry's expiring, I am beyond good with that. Randolph's talent is being wasted away in NY, and Brewer sucks, and a mid to late round pick is a huge hit or miss. They also get money to get back into the market for free agents next summer despite any cap holds.

All good as a Wolves fan
Pretty good young squad and can use that big expiring to get some young players to Minny.

29$JerZ
02-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Eddy's deal is expiring. Randolph has more talent than MIN will likely find in a late 1st rounder. Wouldn't be a bad trade for them.

Well Eddy's contract has been mostly paid in front already so despite the Cap hit Minnesota would likley only have to pay like less than 5 million for Eddy.
I'm just a bit shocked they value Randolph that highly when they already have Love/Beasly as forwards. I guess they just want to stock pile on as much assets as possible.

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:07 AM
We all dont even know Randolph will be good.

He has been valued as "potential" ever since we played him in high school just like Gerald Green and Willie Warren.

Idk how Willie Warren was an All American, he wasnt that good in high school when we played him and he transfered to Oak Hill and didnt get no playing time so he went back to North Crowley and was an All American and still wasnt as good as he was being given by the media

Thats my opinion.

NYsFinest
02-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Sources: Three-team deal discussed

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The Denver Nuggets and the New York Knicks are discussing a three-team trade that would make forward Carmelo Anthony a Knick before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, according to league sources.

Anthony
Anthony

In the proposed trade, New York would send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota and the Timberwolves would send Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to Denver. Denver would also receive Wilson Chandler from New York.

The deal is not expected to happen until the middle of next week at the earliest, and one source said it could drag out until the trade deadline. Denver, which has been exchanging proposals with the Knicks for the past couple weeks, is weighing other options.

With teams aware of Anthony's desire to play in New York, the Nuggets' choices are limited. With little chance of signing Anthony long-term, few clubs are willing to send valuable assets to Denver.

If the trade with New York and Minnesota goes through, Anthony would be in line to receive a three-year, $65 million contract extension as part of the agreement in what is known as an extend-and-trade.

Since Anthony's preference to play for New York is known, there is some sentiment within the Knicks organization to hold off on trading for him and wait until he becomes a free agent this summer. Such a move would enable them to keep their young assets.

But owner James Dolan has been pressing team president Donnie Walsh to trade for Anthony before the deadline, according to sources.

"Dolan is really pressuring Walsh to get Melo, but Denver has been vacillating back and forth," one of the sources said.

A trade to New York would end the season-long saga that began last summer when Anthony refused to sign the contract extension with the Nuggets.

Late in the preseason, reports of a potential four-team deal with New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Anthony a Net surfaced.

But league sources say the deal was overblown and New Jersey was actually leaking the story in an effort to pressure Denver's new front office regime of Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri into making a deal.

Last month, reports of another potential trade of Anthony to New Jersey surfaced, this time involving the Detroit Pistons. That deal was close to being agreed upon, but Anthony was reluctant to sign the three-year, $65 million extension with New Jersey.

Anthony agreed to meet with the Nets but owner Mikhail Prokhorov called off his club's pursuit of Anthony in a news conference a day before the scheduled sit-down was to take place.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6094827

Young and Stupid
02-06-2011, 01:08 AM
God I miss this.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0RwVBgIfew)

And this.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RZJGCCuC7E&feature=related#t=6m25s)

And this.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ59Wg5h2aY&feature=related)

And, of course, this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1xItPXOiE&feature=related)

godolphins
02-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Highway robbery for the Knicks if that's the deal. Hes going to the Knicks next year anyway so why not get some value for him now

GoatMilk
02-06-2011, 01:09 AM
We all dont even know Randolph will be good.

He has been valued as "potential" ever since we played him in high school just like Gerald Green.

Thats my opinion.

he has better potential than anyone coming out of the draft this year
this draft is going to be weaker than last years

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Well Eddy's contract has been mostly paid in front already so despite the Cap hit Minnesota would likley only have to pay like less than 5 million for Eddy.
I'm just a bit shocked they value Randolph that highly when they already have Love/Beasly as forwards. I guess they just want to stock pile on as much assets as possible.

Curry has no cap hold in June.

And if you haven't picked up on Kahn yet, all he does is stack assets. But quite frankly, as a Wolves fan, wins need to start coming very soon.

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Here's the link - http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/34104023489454080#

That'd be a nasty trade for the Knicks. Quite a bit less then the Nugs would have been getting from the Nets though eh?

29$JerZ
02-06-2011, 01:12 AM

And if you haven't picked up on Kahn yet, all he does is stack assets. But quite frankly, as a Wolves fan, wins need to start coming very soon.

I meant they'd add 11 million to this years Cap but its irrevelant because they aren't adding anyone else and he expires. I'm just more stunned Minny could help NY out for a change. It seems Minny just wants for NY to get the short stick :laugh2:

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
So basically the Wolves traded Jefferson for Randolph

If its Utahs pick of course

aceindahole212
02-06-2011, 01:18 AM
If this goes down, Knicks are going to be raw.

I hope you mean raw as a good thing and not raw as in like no depth or experience...

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:20 AM
The Wolves would actually be a great upcoming team if they didnt use that Triangle offense!!!!!! lol

The only people that dominate is Beasley (SF Kobe role) and Love (PF Gasol role) but that team isnt the Lakers at all.

That's why Ridnour is the PG and not Flynn. Bc Ridnour fits that offense perfectly but Flynn is better. Flynn would be dominating and so would everyone else if they had a regular pick and roll office

kblo247
02-06-2011, 01:21 AM
In short, Denver gets back Brewer and a pick basically? I just don't see them paying Wilson Chandler the cash he wants this summer as a restricted free agent, so they better be hoping that the new CBA forces him to stay for less than he wants/expects as well.

jeter 2
I heard the Nets are interested in Wilson Chandler...

Hawkeye15
I meant they'd add 11 million to this years Cap but its irrevelant because they aren't adding anyone else and he expires. I'm just more stunned Minny could help NY out for a change. It seems Minny just wants for NY to get the short stick :laugh2:

I never get why NY fans think Kahn is out to get them. Because he shut down any rumor possible of the Knicks ability to get Rubio? I don't think Kahn cares one way or another about NY, he was simply of the rumors that always come out of NY about their involvement in any above average player ever.
That being said, thank god Kahn stfu mid summer, and hasn't talked since.

kblo247
02-06-2011, 01:22 AM
The Wolves would actually be a great upcoming team if they didnt use that Triangle offense!!!!!! lol

The only people that dominate is Beasley (SF Kobe) and Love (PF Gasol) but that team isnt the Lakers at all.

That's why Ridnour is the PG and not Flynn. Bc Ridnour fits that offense perfectly but Flynn is better. Flynn would be dominating and so would everyone else if they had a regular pick and roll office

Maybe they bought into the Randolph is another Odom hype and see him being able to function in a guard role in their sets like Lamar does.

hgtiger32
02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
if this happens before the all star game, does melo suit up for the east?

NYsFinest
02-06-2011, 01:24 AM
I never get why NY fans think Kahn is out to get them. Because he shut down any rumor possible of the Knicks ability to get Rubio? I don't think Kahn cares one way or another about NY, he was simply of the rumors that always come out of NY about their involvement in any above average player ever.
That being said, thank god Kahn stfu mid summer, and hasn't talked since.

I think Knick fans were more upset that Kahn kept stacking PGs while Knicks had Duhon. From draft to free agency, he cleaned up all of them lol.

NBA-GMaster
02-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Why woud minny give up a 1st rd pick and an exp contract for AR and Curry's contract.. i dont get it..

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 01:26 AM
I think Knick fans were more upset that Kahn kept stacking PGs while Knicks had Duhon. From draft to free agency, he cleaned up all of them lol.

but would you care about who is picking behind you, and their needs? And quite honestly, did ya really want Flynn? He sucks. You passed on Jennings, Holiday, and Lawson btw.

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Maybe they bought into the Randolph is another Odom hype and see him being able to function in a guard role in their sets like Lamar does.

Hmmmm maybe your right, didnt think about it like that.

But what is Rubio gonna be? Steve Blake lol

THE MTL
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
if this happens before the all star game, does melo suit up for the east?

I believe he would be on the East as a reserve and the East just has 13 allstars while he would be replaced on the West team.

But im not exactly sure, it seems like teams purposely wait until after the Allstar game in order to avoid this situation (ex. Jason Kidd trade to Dallas was made day after allstar game I believe)

JerseysFinest
I hope you mean raw as a good thing and not raw as in like no depth or experience...

the former

JerseysFinest

where'd you hear that?

arkanian215
02-06-2011, 01:28 AM

We should be. I gotta say I've liked him for a while now, mostly cuz we had no options at SF (and still don't).

baghdadbob
02-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Why woud minny give up a 1st rd pick and an exp contract for AR and Curry's contract.. i dont get it..

Because you don't realise how bad this year's draft is.

superkegger
02-06-2011, 01:30 AM

That's the thing here, they have assets, they need to get something with them other than more assets. While I'm not against this trade for Minnesota, I don't totally get why they're willing to help divisional foe Denver get something for Melo. I mean, sure Anthony Randolph could be good. But whose minutes is he going to take? How does he crack the rotation?

PrettyBoyJ
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Seems like Denver is getting Desperate... i think the Knicks should low ball them and offer crap or let Denver face the fact that Melo is gonna walk

sixer04fan
02-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Knicks still need interior defense or they'll get hosed by any good team. And I think the Knicks are dumb if they trade for him when they could just sign him later.

Hawkeye15
That's the thing here, they have assets, they need to get something with them other than more assets. While I'm not against this trade for Minnesota, I don't totally get why they're willing to help divisional foe Denver get something for Melo. I mean, sure Anthony Randolph could be good. But whose minutes is he going to take? How does he crack the rotation?

the proposed deal for Denver would give them Wilson Chandler, Brewer, and a late pick. How is that helping Denver? Especially when you factor in the Nuggs may go on a fire sale at that point.

I agree, the Wolves need to turn all this flipping for great deals and young players into winning. But the focus of the youngest team in the NBA shouldn't be to worry about their division teams, since they are all on a shorter term plan, its about developing a team that can compete in 2-3 years. By then, the Jazz are probably eh, the Nuggs rebuilding, the Blazer who knows, and the Thunder competing for rings best case.

Can't change the landscape of the NW in one move. Better to get Melo the hell out of the conference quite honestly

baghdadbob
I like the proposed trade FWIW.

faze38
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM

We would have paid most of Eddy's contract by then plus the three mil that will probably go their way. They won't be paying much for him to get waived maybe like 2-4 mil and then they get AR which is a player with alot of potential so for a team that is building for the future not a bad trade. I mean if they had a playoff team that was trying to make themselves better for the playoffs that would be one of the worse trades in a while but that is not the case!.

king4day
02-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Hes going to the Knicks next year anyway so why not get some value for him now

I'd be asking for more picks. Get a future first from NY at least.
Chandler makes the most sense to 'replace' melo, but after all the deals we hear about, they now could settle for Chandler, Brewer and a single pick is mind boggling.
Yet they tried prying soooo much from the Nets. Just seems like the Nuggets are gonna end up getting shafted far more than they coulda with NJ.

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 01:40 AM

Runs the team much more like a business than a regular GM. Not a terrible strategy if it eventually pays off.

AddiX
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I'll believe it when its a done deal. Seems like highway robbery for my Knicks. You guys are forgetting, Chandler is an expiring too.

Hopefully this will be over soon.

jeter 2
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Chandler makes the most sense to 'replace' melo, but after all the deals we hear about, they now could settle for Chandler, Brewer and a single pick is mind boggling.
Yet they tried prying soooo much from the Nets. Just seems like the Nuggets are gonna end up getting shafted far more than they coulda with NJ.

Well, the Nets backed out. As of yesterday, his agent came out and said he would only sign an extension in New York. Therefore, his value has been reduced.

godolphins
02-06-2011, 01:45 AM
But the thing is Melo doesn't want to play with the Nets and won't sign an extension which is why the Nets/Denver trade wouldn't work. It would of been more like a lease for a team who wouldn't even get pass the first round of the playoffs

Mishmin
Wasn't the old trade that denver turned down one where they got a pick, chandler, and fields for melo...? This seems like a step down. Also awful trade for Minnesota. I think there's more to this than we know. Maybe this was just the first proposed offer.

faze38
Knicks still need interior defense or they'll get hosed by any good team. And I think the Knicks are dumb if they trade for him when they could just sign him later.

I agree the Knicks do need interior D but if they are only going to lose Chandler really for Melo u have to do it and try and make a little more cap space to go after a big man next year. Maybe even give a MLE to a player like Samuel Dalembert thats if we can't find a way to get our hands on Gasol or Deandre Jordan of course which I really doubt because both those guys are loaded with talent!!

SANDBURG23
really not that bad

The Clippers own Minnesota's first round this year. Minnesota owns Utah's and Memphis's(unless its in the top 14) pick this year. It's probally one of those picks. And a first round plus Brewer for Randolph is not really to good. It's not like the need Curry's contract to get cap relief.

oak2455

because if this trade went down they would lose Curry's Interior Defense :rolleyes: come on man:eyebrow:

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Seems like Denver is getting Desperate... i think the Knicks should low ball them and offer crap or let Denver face the fact that Melo is gonna walk

Nonsense, we're losing Chandler at the end of the year anyway, why hold up this deal? This is about as low an offer Denver's way as I have seen. I mean shoot, the first offer they supposedly turned down with Gallo, Fields, and Chandler with Curry was >>>>>>this deal. As far as Minny, they are also benefiting from this. This year's draft is the weakest I have ever seen, a very weak talent pool. Randolph definitely has big time potential but he can't get out of Mike D's doghouse. I really wanted to see him do his thing as a Knick, but it doesn't look like that'll happen and that's fine considering the Knicks get Melo. Something tells me he's gonna go to Minny and ball and establish himself. And Brewer is trash, Minny isn't losng much with him at all.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Is that all that thy are accepting for Anthony now?

Didn't the Nets offer Harris and Favours?

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 01:47 AM
The Clippers own Minnesota's first round this year. Minnesota owns Utah's and Memphis's pick this year. It's probally one of those picks. And a first round plus Brewer for Randolph is not really to good. It's not like the need Curry's contract to get cap relief.

top 10 protected, so the Wolves will be keeping their pick this draft. They still can't trade it, since there is a contingency on it, but they will not be moving THEIR pick. It will be Utah's most likely (best bet to be a real pick this draft), which will be around #20

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 01:47 AM
because if this trade went down they would lose Curry's Interior Defense :rolleyes: come on man:eyebrow:

Can't help but laugh seeing the Net and Sixer fans already preparing excuses to downplay the trade, lmao.

oak2455
02-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Is that all that thy are accepting for Anthony now?

Didn't the Nets offer Harris and Favours?

they did but don't think he wants to be a Net...just a hunch

LTBaByyy
Would yall rather have Affallo or Fields starting at SG??

I say Affallo since he's been on the team but I think Fields is better and they have Smith off the bench at SG also dang that would be a weird situation if they got Fields also

king4day
But the thing is Melo doesn't want to play with the Nets and won't sign an extension which is why the Nets/Denver trade wouldn't work. It would of been more like a lease for a team who wouldn't even get pass the first round of the playoffs

Right but my point is, even before knowing if Anthony would or wouldn't sign with NJ, the Nuggets were trying to pry every last asset from the Nets. They shoulda made it simple to then allow the meeting to take place. If he couldn't be convinced to stay then so be it, but Denver didn't even get a chance to make it happen.

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Your getting Chandler, Brewer and a late first round pick for a top 10 player in the NBA!!!!!!!

Shoot let the Mavs get another top 10 player lol Seems like they are on sale (clearance section)

oak2455
02-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Can't help but laugh seeing the Net and Sixer fans already preparing excuses to downplay the trade, lmao.

if the Knicks get Melo:drool:

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2011, 01:53 AM
they did but don't think he wants to be a Net...just a hunch

He said he'd sign an extention with either Nets or Knicks.

The Nets seemed like they were willing to take a risk with him leaving anyways.

They should have accepted Favours and Harris.

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 01:54 AM

woah did you just totally miss the point?

Scoring isn't the Knicks problem, defense is. Melo won't help defend PF's and C's in the post.

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Melo wants to go to the Knicks so he can win???

Does he know he has a young Heat team (their core), a young Bulls team, a young Hawks team, and a young Magic team. I dont see the Knicks beating those teams in the future

When Dallas, Lakers, and Spurs are getting older and the only young teams that will be good are Thunder and Clippers.

He is making a mistake. Especially when Denver has all these expirings and could bring in a superstar to pair with Melo

NYYCowboys
02-06-2011, 01:55 AM
I think Prokharov backing out of the trade negotiations for Melo publicly was a terrible move for the Nets. The last thing the Nets, who are trying to compete with the Knicks for fans in NY, wanted was Melo landing in NY. By him publicly backing out of the trade he made it inevitable that the Knicks would eventually get him, and for cheap (as we see in this trade proposal).

Everyone speaks of him as such a shrewd business man, which is definitely warranted, but he made huge mistake in this instance IMO. I'm not saying that he should have kept pursuing Melo even after it became clear he had no interest in playing for them, but at least pretend. He said he backed out of the trade because he thought it was costing the team wins, but who cares when the team is already buried in the standings, and are inevitably heading to the lottery anyway.

If the Knicks get Melo and end up being a contender within the next few years, and the Nets are still struggling, the Nets will be very hard-pressed to win over any new fans in NY, and will continue to live in the Knicks shadow for many years to come.

kblo247
02-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Hmmmm maybe your right, didnt think about it like that.

But what is Rubio gonna be? Steve Blake lol

I don't believe that comparison holds any merit, but I have heard plenty of radio hosts, analysts, and fans who feel Randolph can be a similar player to Odom. I don't buy it, but there are some guys who do so it is possible that Rambis sees that in him as well.

As for Rubio, I don't now. He makes enough big shots and we can call him mini Fish/Kerr :p

THE MTL
02-06-2011, 01:56 AM

Does he know he has a young Heat team (their core), a young Bulls team, a young Hawks team, and a young Magic team. I dont see the Knicks beating those teams

When Dallas, Lakers, and Spurs are getting older and the only young teams that are good are Thunder and Clippers.

He is making a mistake

Young magic team? Arenas, J-Rich, Hedo? Thats part of their MAIN core and these guys are old.

oak2455
02-06-2011, 01:57 AM
woah did you just totally miss the point?

Scoring isn't the Knicks problem, defense is. Melo won't help defend PF's and C's in the post.

so the Knicks shouldnt make this trade:confused: we know they need defense but what does this have to do with getting Melo for nothing ...wow:) people just need to pick....

THE MTL
02-06-2011, 01:58 AM
I think Prokharov backing out of the trade negotiations for Melo publicly was a terrible move for the Nets. The last thing the Nets, who are trying to compete with the Knicks for fans in NY, wanted was Melo landing in NY. By him publicly backing out of the trade he made it inevitable that the Knicks would eventually get him, and for cheap (as we see in this trade proposal).

Everyone speaks of him as such a shrewd business man, which is definitely warranted, but he made huge mistake in this instance IMO. I'm not saying that he should have kept pursuing Melo even after it became clear he had no interest in playing for them, but at least pretend. He said he backed out of the trade because he thought it was costing the team wins, but who cares when the team is already buried in the standings, and are inevitably heading to the lottery anyway.

If the Knicks get Melo and end up being a contender within the next few years, and the Nets are still struggling, the Nets will be very hard-pressed to win over any new fans in NY, and will continue to live in the Knicks shadow for many years to come.

You had no idea what was going on behind the scenes therefore you cannot judge. For a trade to be so public, and rumors to be spread out there.....you can ONLY IMAGINE how much time and effort was put behind the scenes.

It was going nowhere and everyone knew that

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 02:00 AM
so the Knicks shouldnt make this trade:confused: we know they need defense but what does this have to do with getting Melo for nothing ...wow:) people just need to pick....

:laugh2:

Please sir, quote where I said they shouldn't make the trade. Melo is a top 3 scoring threat sure. He'd be a great pickup both on the court, and financially for Dolan and that franchise. BUT the other guys point was until they get 2 very good interior defenders, a talented backup PG and learn some better defensive schemes they won't be beating the top teams.

JB0B0
02-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Good trade for the Knicks. However, Miami, Boston, and maybe the Bulls are still better. The Knicks need a center, badly. They should try to get Nene too.

knicks=love
02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
:pray: please please please donnie. don't do this. i like chandler and we already have melo on our team basically. don't give him up.

PrettyBoyJ
02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
You had no idea what was going on behind the scenes therefore you cannot judge. For a trade to be so public, and rumors to be spread out there.....you can ONLY IMAGINE how much time and effort was put behind the scenes.

It was going nowhere and everyone knew that

Yeah thats true man, I think the Nets owner felt disrespected and his billionaire pride made him back out.. The way he said he was out he looked pissed

LTBaByyy
02-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Why dont the KNicks wait til the summer since he will only sign with the Knicks???

Then you dont lose anything at all and gain Melo to that roster

IBleedPurple
02-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Right but my point is, even before knowing if Anthony would or wouldn't sign with NJ, the Nuggets were trying to pry every last asset from the Nets. They shoulda made it simple to then allow the meeting to take place. If he couldn't be convinced to stay then so be it, but Denver didn't even get a chance to make it happen.

So if Melo didn't want to meet with the Nets, would you trick him into going into a room and say it's a Birthday party or something? In he walks, and Jay Z and a Russian billionaire are just waiting?

PrettyBoyJ
02-06-2011, 02:04 AM
:pray: please please please donnie. don't do this. i like chandler and we already have melo on our team basically. don't give him up.

We can prob get chandler Back he's gonna be FA if he takes a pay cut we can sign him depending how the new cba is of course..

NYK|NYY
02-06-2011, 02:05 AM

I always took it as a smarter move. Pulling out before it might of leaked that 'Melo didn't want to go to NJ may have helped their PR.

strahan92osi72

Oh my dear lord.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PrettyBoyJ
why dont the knicks wait til the summer since he will only sign with the knicks???

Then you dont lose anything at all and gain melo to that roster

cba..

knicks=love
02-06-2011, 02:06 AM
We can prob get chandler Back he's gonna be FA if he takes a pay cut we can sign him depending how the new cba is of course..

he's a RFA though. but i have heard denver doesn't want to pay a lot of money for him. idk what it would take to get him back, but he's having such a good season and wouldn't want another drafted player to be traded

oak2455
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
:laugh2:

Please sir, quote where I said they shouldn't make the trade. Melo is a top 3 scoring threat sure. He'd be a great pickup both on the court, and financially for Dolan and that franchise. BUT the other guys point was until they get 2 very good interior defenders, a talented backup PG and learn some better defensive schemes they won't be beating the top teams.

sixer04fan
All-Star

**thats his quote in bold so again I said what are the Knicks trading for Melo....holy hell...stop the hate can't get everyone in one deal unless you have a better trade proposal:D yes they need some interior defense but again I said why not make this trade:confused: plus new CBA

bahama0811
02-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Looks like I'm gonna be cheering for a D-League team next year...

JB0B0
02-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Why dont the KNicks wait til the summer since he will only sign with the Knicks???

Then you dont lose anything at all and gain Melo to that roster

They're not losing much in the trade lol.

PrettyBoyJ
02-06-2011, 02:10 AM
he's a RFA though. but i have heard denver doesn't want to pay a lot of money for him. idk what it would take to get him back, but he's having such a good season and wouldn't want another drafted player to be traded

Thats the only prob. he's gonna want more money, which he prob wont get cuz Denver prob wont give it to him.. If he loves NY he'll come back and prob make some of the money back..

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:11 AM

Haven't you heard? There are Knick fans who value Chandler as high as Melo. I guess they're the same fans that thought Lee was equal to Amare.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

superkegger
02-06-2011, 02:14 AM
the proposed deal for Denver would give them Wilson Chandler, Brewer, and a late pick. How is that helping Denver? Especially when you factor in the Nuggs may go on a fire sale at that point.

I agree, the Wolves need to turn all this flipping for great deals and young players into winning. But the focus of the youngest team in the NBA shouldn't be to worry about their division teams, since they are all on a shorter term plan, its about developing a team that can compete in 2-3 years. By then, the Jazz are probably eh, the Nuggs rebuilding, the Blazer who knows, and the Thunder competing for rings best case.

Can't change the landscape of the NW in one move. Better to get Melo the hell out of the conference quite honestly

it's helping denver, because it gives them something for melo instead of him walking at seasons end and they get nothing for him. maybe the nuggets would end up just accepting whatever the knicks end up throwing their way at the deadline if the wolves don't step in, and if thats the case, then theres no reason to not get an asset out of this if you can. but from what i understand, ny felt pretty comfortable that they'd get melo one way or another, either now or in the offseason, so they didn't feel any pressure. Which pretty much means the pressure is on denver to get something for melo while they can, and the wolves are helping them do that.

i'm not saying its the wrong move by the wolves, just that what they're getting may not be much (who knows with randolph) for helping the nuggets move melo. not a big deal really, just sayin

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 02:15 AM
great move for the Knicks. they wont be able to keep Chandler anyway cuz he's gonna cost too much. Den has to do it so they dont end up with nothing

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Haven't you heard? There are Knick fans who value Chandler as high as Melo. I guess they're the same fans that thought Lee was equal to Amare.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

what are u talking about dude.... no one values Chandler as much as Melo. i want you to find a post that says Chandler is equal to Melo.

NYJshane88
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Wow nice job Denver. You jerk the Nets around for 4 months. They were offering a truckload of assets in young players and multiple lottery picks and you still had the nerve to ask for more. Now you're losing your best player for a guy you'll lose after the season, a role player, and 1 pick.

What a brilliant front office they have in Denver. When that idiot gets fired like 5 minutes after this trade goes down maybe I can get a shot.

bowdown27
02-06-2011, 02:22 AM
I understand what everyone is saying about just waiting until the summer but if you can get a type of player like melo for Randolph curry and Chandler you do it. Randolph was going to be gone anyway just like curry.

As a Knicks fan I'm ecstatic to get a player like Carmelo and hopefully it happens by Tuesday cuz I have tickets to wed and Friday game lol

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:22 AM
what are u talking about dude.... no one values Chandler as much as Melo. i want you to find a post that says Chandler is equal to Melo.

Look in this thread and read the post by knicks=love.

oak2455
02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Quote:
According to Rotoworld sources, Anthony Randolph is likely to be traded to the Wolves.
We've also heard that the Wolves and Knicks could do a deal for Randolph independently of the Carmelo Anthony fiasco, so it looks like Randolph's days in New York are numbered. We were told that Corey Brewer and Eddy Curry's contract are currently a part of the deal, and the larger question remains if other teams like Denver (and others) will get involved. Either way, Randolph has to deal with Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Darko Milicic, and even Anthony Tolliver, so he's a long-shot stash at best. Feb. 6 - 1:12 am et

knicks=love
02-06-2011, 02:30 AM

what about it?

aceindahole212
02-06-2011, 02:30 AM
If we get Melo while keeping Gallo and Fields thats amazing. This team with be a scoring juggernaut. I would be so hyped up to see that

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
what about it?

You said we have Chandler, who is Melo.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Pretty good young squad and can use that big expiring to get some young players to Minny.

i think they have just enough young players for the next century...they need some quality proven vets...young doesnt do you any good without quality...

btw is that sasha as your avater...i miss him..come back to LA

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 02:38 AM

Really?
one of the runners up for MIP and a huge expiring is "not losing much"??

saintdrew
02-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Wilson Chandler is one helluva player. This would be a good deal for Denver. Nuggets can then move Billups somewhere, hopefully for a young piece or draft pick.

Minnesota has some plan going on. They'll have some cap room (Curry) in the offseason, that way they can use that money to offer a deal to a restricted free agent.

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 02:40 AM

i read it.... he never says Chandler = Melo like you indicated.

he just said he didnt wanna give up Chandler to get him cuz they could get him for nothing after the season...

personally, i say go ahead and give up Chandler cuz i doubt we're able to keep him anyway.

knicks=love
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM

yeah you're right. we basically suck his dick.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't believe that comparison holds any merit, but I have heard plenty of radio hosts, analysts, and fans who feel Randolph can be a similar player to Odom. I don't buy it, but there are some guys who do so it is possible that Rambis sees that in him as well.

As for Rubio, I don't now. He makes enough big shots and we can call him mini Fish/Kerr :p

i see the comparison, randolph is raw but can be a rotation player on any team in the league

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:43 AM
i read it.... he never says Chandler = Melo like you indicated.

he just said he didnt wanna give up Chandler to get him cuz they could get him for nothing after the season...

personally, i say go ahead and give up Chandler cuz i doubt we're able to keep him anyway.

I agree, and only any Knick fan would be colossal fool not to make this trade.

believeinNYK
02-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Get the deal done Donnie!

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:48 AM
yeah you're right. we basically suck his dick.

LOL yea sure. Oh and based on the reaction of every Knicks fan, looks like everybody else is on board. A little lonely out on that limb by yourself?

abe_froman
02-06-2011, 02:48 AM
bad for the wolves,dont understand why they'd do it.but seems pretty good for the principal teams

aceindahole212
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
one of the runners up for MIP and a huge expiring is "not losing much"??

Were losing Eddy Curry who is a huge mistake and disaster. Were trade his expiring contract for a top 10 maybe even more in the NBA. We are trade Chandler who is RFA at the end of the season while having like 5 SF's on our team. How is that giving up a lot or losing much? Are you sure your talking about the NBA? Do you know what a player like Melo brings to a team besides the stats. How about pressure off Amare to constantly feel like he has to carry a team. How about less pressure on the young guys IE, Fields and Gallo cause now they aren't relied on as much. What you are saying is not any educated answer in any fashion. Melo changes the dynamics of the whole team. You provide yourself with more options and can rest other players over long period of time cause you have multiple players to pick up the slack. I doubt you have watched a Knicks game cause most of the time Amare leaves the game we lost momentum. To lose Chandler and Curry for Melo is a no brainer in fact its highway robbery.

AddiX
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
I sometimes get confused as to what the difference is between the D-League and the T-Wolves.

Is there any difference?

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 02:50 AM
bad for the wolves,dont understand why they'd do it.but seems pretty good for the principal teams

Mainly because this year's draft is very limited in talent.

jetsfan28
02-06-2011, 02:52 AM
I wanted this trade to happen a month ago, and still do now. Just as multiple trades so Denver gets a trade exception. No reason for this not to happen, every team benefits.

Maichan
02-06-2011, 02:52 AM
If we get Melo while keeping Gallo and Fields thats amazing. This team with be a scoring juggernaut. I would be so hyped up to see that

I agree~! lets hope that happens :))) i'd be buying season tickets forever. LOL
Gallo can be our bench player :P

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2011, 02:53 AM
this would be a bad trade for the wolves.

wolves being the wolves?

jetsfan28
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
I don't see why people don't like this for the Wolves. They get Randolph, probably get $3 mill from the Knicks, and probably trade a low 1st.

abe_froman
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Mainly because this year's draft is very limited in talent.

still whatever they get with their high pick,is better than anything they are getting in this deal

Kashmir13579
02-06-2011, 02:56 AM
i call bs on all melo rumors
just because its being discussed doesn't mean it will happen nor will it mean this is the exact deal.

+1

abe_froman
02-06-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't see why people don't like this for the Wolves. They get Randolph, probably get $3 mill from the Knicks, and probably trade a low 1st.

if its a low 1st,then its great for them but bad for denver

strahan92osi72
still whatever they get with their high pick,is better than anything they are getting

Not necessarily. Randolph has a very high ceiling and if he develops they will have a very hard time finding equal talent in the draft.

Kashmir13579
I sometimes get confused as to what the difference is between the D-League and the T-Wolves.

Is there any difference?

umm yea they embarrassed the Knicks earlier this season

VANEXEL9
Were losing Eddy Curry who is a huge mistake and disaster. Were trade his expiring contract for a top 10 maybe even more in the NBA. We are trade Chandler who is RFA at the end of the season while having like 5 SF's on our team. How is that giving up a lot or losing much? Are you sure your talking about the NBA? Do you know what a player like Melo brings to a team besides the stats. How about pressure off Amare to constantly feel like he has to carry a team. How about less pressure on the young guys IE, Fields and Gallo cause now they aren't relied on as much. What you are saying is not any educated answer in any fashion. Melo changes the dynamics of the whole team. You provide yourself with more options and can rest other players over long period of time cause you have multiple players to pick up the slack. I doubt you have watched a Knicks game cause most of the time Amare leaves the game we lost momentum. To lose Chandler and Curry for Melo is a no brainer in fact its highway robbery.

fair enough, and btw, i did watch the knicks play in just about 5 games this year so i agree that amounts to nothing, though i will be in MSG on Friday to watch my LAKERS get the annual win in NYC.

The point is that anthony will be a knick in any case...it doesn't make sense to lose anything like that for him...you can use pieces like that to trade for other players and upgrade even more considering he will be in ny sooner or later.

knicks4life33
02-06-2011, 03:01 AM
huge upgrade if this goes through but we still have some pieces to put together

aceindahole212
02-06-2011, 03:03 AM
How is it that bad of a trade for the Wolves? The draft pick is a late round draft pick in a weak draft. You have Martel Webster and Wesley Johnson who are basically averaging the same amount of points in less minutes both can play SG. You also have Ellington who is young and would give me him more playing time to develop, in fact all the SG's are young. Where the Wolves are weak is in the front court. So you trade your abundance of SG's and pick up a 21 year old Big man whoes athletic with a bunch of potential. They don't real have many athletic big men so it gives you a dimension to your team you didn't have. You can give him a bunch of playing time so he will begin to develop. Ok so now trading Eddy Curry which the wolves would only be responsible for 4.6 million left on his contract who are also under the cap. Brewer still has around a million and a half left on his contract so your really only paying around 3 million for a player who in the league is regarded as a high potential player. To me its good business because Brewer isn't ever going to end up anything then a bench player once his youth leaves him and Randolph could be a really good player. Plus the wolves get the 3 million in cash from us so basically they get Randolph at a zero cost financially, a late round draft pick and a bench player on any other team.

Crackadalic
02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Felton/TD/Andy
Fields/Walker/Buike/Mason
Melo/Galo/Williams
Amare
Mozzy/Ronnie

Pretty good lineup Mozzy has been playing well as of late and is playing like a legit 7 footer. Amare has been double team all year but i doubt that happens with melo around

Still need to fix the defense but at least we have a legit go to player

knicks=love
02-06-2011, 03:17 AM
LOL yea sure. Oh and based on the reaction of every Knicks fan, looks like everybody else is on board. A little lonely out on that limb by yourself?

no because i'm not ****ing stupid

abe_froman
02-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Not necessarily. Randolph has a very high ceiling and if he develops they will have a very hard time finding equal talent in the draft.

i'm not a big believer in ar.he was hyped as hell his rookie season then kind of disappeared

strahan92osi72
02-06-2011, 03:24 AM
no because i'm not ****ing stupid

Apparently you are. Only a fool wouldn't make that trade. Chandler is nowhere near the player Melo is, nor will he ever be. Ask any basketball fan that doesn't have blinders on and they will agree.

icej
02-06-2011, 03:41 AM

Nah, now they lack more D just upgraded on O. I don't know if that would make a big difference in the W but definitely will be a big boost on the ticket $ales.

I like Chandlers Defense, he is developing to be a better on ball defender, and can defend in the post when necessary. I would rather wait for the summer, upgrading on offense at the expense of you defense is not wise specially if you are the knicks, who has huge hole to fill in that department.

If this deal actually transpire, the knicks could score 150 then give up 160 to opposing teams.

shep33
02-06-2011, 03:53 AM
if they only give up Chandler... that's win for the Knicks. Curry and Randolph don't play anyways (even though I think Randolph could've got more burn).

sunsfan88
02-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Lol Denver is probably regretting not trading him to NJ right now!!

sunsfan88
02-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Nah, now they lack more D just upgraded on O. I don't know if that would make a big difference in the W but definitely will be a big boost on the ticket $ales.

I like Chandlers Defense, he is developing to be a better on ball defender, and can defend in the post when necessary. I would rather wait for the summer, upgrading on offense at the expense of you defense is not wise specially if you are the knicks, who has huge hole to fill in that department.

If this deal actually transpire, the knicks could score 150 then give up 160 to opposing teams.

I agree. Knicks should wait until the summer to get Melo since he already said he'll only sign an extension there.

Trading for him makes their offense better but their defense worse.

Ask Amare how many times he went to the Finals in PHX when he had the #1 offense and a horrible defense.

The Dream
02-06-2011, 05:15 AM
can we also get rubio?

KnickFanSince91
02-06-2011, 05:25 AM
I agree. Knicks should wait until the summer to get Melo since he already said he'll only sign an extension there.

Trading for him makes their offense better but their defense worse.

Ask Amare how many times he went to the Finals in PHX when he had the #1 offense and a horrible defense.

The mod over on the Knicks board does a great job of breaking down the cap situation...we trade chandler in the deal for melo because we have to renounce his rights anyway if we want to sign melo in the summer. He has a $6million cap hold so we couldn't give Melo a max contract if Chandler is on the squad. Add to that the fact that Curry and AR don't even play and it's almost a perfect scenario from the Knicks' perspective.

I'll believe the deal when I see it because we've seen this a movie a bunch of times but there's no advantage in waiting if you can get it done now.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2011, 05:27 AM
dont forget to finally take rubios rights to Ny too.

Evolution23
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM

All good as a Wolves fan

I hope Randolph doesn't turn out to be a bust. So much raw talent that just can't be controlled inside one man's body. The guy can be something special if he just slowed down and let the game come to him.

Bulls_fan90
02-06-2011, 07:26 AM
No chance this happens.

oak2455
02-06-2011, 07:42 AM
:cry: it will though....

cchrisc773
02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't count on it.

Guys take a step back. What does the Wolves get out of trading a round 1 pick and taking back lousy contracts?? Nothing. They are the worse team in this deal and giving up the most honestly... Brewer is not huge contract and they could use that round 1.

Chris Brossard is such a Idiot. He gets Lebron to Miami correct and now we all believe everything he says. Remember, he is the idiot that started " From a Source" There is no source as this story holds zero merit. He is so busy with Trade rumors as he can not ride the NUTZ of the Cavs since they suck now.

Why would the Knicks trade for a guy that can get in FA without giving up young talent. With or without Melo they are not winning this season. SO if they know he is KNicks all the ways why trade for him?

Stupid. This rumor is just that a worthless rumor.

stlbest5in2013
02-06-2011, 08:21 AM

no, what they need is defense and rebounding, and neither are coming in this deal.

stlbest5in2013
02-06-2011, 08:33 AM
what makes more sense is a for a 4th team like the thunder who could use a big, to get involved and land randolph in this deal.

its not a risk on the thunders part, jeff green is a 3/4 who really for that team is better suited coming off the bench as the 6th man. im not saying start randolph right away, but if he develops into his raw ability they have the big they have been looking for.

what might make the most sense is to remove minnesota, and throw okc in there. straight up trade randolph to okc for their 1st round pick, that pick, and ny's 1st rond pick to denver with curry and chandler, for melo.

then denver has 3 picks, and can either go into total rebuild mode, or package those picks (possibly) for a top 3 or so pick and target the player they want.

mjqusoldier
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
this deal will happen unless nugs dont mind getting nothing in return 4 Melo

HOZ THE KNICK
02-06-2011, 08:56 AM
i don't believe none of this, the knicks will make out like bandits

jimm120
02-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I guess Denvers asking price is pretty much nothing now, I guess Knicks didnt play the way the Nets played where Denver would throw random people in the trade. Smart move by Walsh.

Yeah. The Nuggets were FLEECING the Nets.

The reasonable part:
They asked for a young plaer. Done
They asked for picks. Done.
They asked to get expiring. Done

The overpayment part:
They kept asking for more picks. Done
They asked to dump Salary. DOne

They just wanted way too much from the Nets. Asking for more picks was just outrageous considering they were getting a young player. But whatever. But then they asked to DUMP salary on the Nets WHILE also taking their expirings.

Really, would Melo REALLY want to go to a team that is handcuffed with bad salary for the next 3 years and only 2 draft picks during that time (when now they have like 7 over those next 3 years.).

Good that Prok killed that deal. It was a public hanging!

Mplsman
02-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Minnesota is not giving up their own lotto pick and brewer for eddy curry and Anthony Randolph, lets get real. It's one of our later picks that would be involved.

Mplsman
02-06-2011, 09:12 AM
can we also get rubio?

No.

Raiderwood
02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Can't see Minnesota doing this deal...they get nothing and they're the lynchpin to the deal

Madtown22
02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Obviously it's not the wolves 1st round pick, it's one the got in a trade it will be a 16-25 pick. Good trade for the wolves. they will not trade their own pick since right now we owe the clip our own next yr.

mjqusoldier
02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
ultimately the nuggets are getting screwed on this deal. Theyre basically trading Melo for Chandler straight up

Mplsman
02-06-2011, 09:51 AM
ultimately the nuggets are getting screwed on this deal. Theyre basically trading Melo for Chandler straight up

They could get screwed even worse if he just walks at the end of the year. They need to get something, now.

Backstabber
02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Hes going to the Knicks next year anyway so why not get some value for him now

I think they would have to give up Curry and Chandler next year anyway. Randolph is being wasted, and doesn't fit into MDAs style of play. They may have to throw in a first or Buike's contract, but I don't think they are giving up much, in comparison to next year.

Sandman
02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah. The Nuggets were FLEECING the Nets.

The reasonable part:
They asked for a young plaer. Done
They asked for picks. Done.
They asked to get expiring. Done

The overpayment part:
They kept asking for more picks. Done
They asked to dump Salary. DOne

They just wanted way too much from the Nets. Asking for more picks was just outrageous considering they were getting a young player. But whatever. But then they asked to DUMP salary on the Nets WHILE also taking their expirings.

Really, would Melo REALLY want to go to a team that is handcuffed with bad salary for the next 3 years and only 2 draft picks during that time (when now they have like 7 over those next 3 years.).

Good that Prok killed that deal. It was a public hanging!
I think they kept asking for more from the Nets because they knew, in the end, that Melo wouldn't sign that extension. If the Nets were forced out, the Knicks would be left to bid against themselves or the Nugs would have to let him walk.

If you think about it, look at the garbage LA gave up for Pau or what Boston gave up for KG. Al Jefferson is good but there's no getting equal value for KG. The Pau trade was rape. Wilson Chandler is a good young player, provided they can re-sign him and they get a draft pick too. Its about the same as the KG deal.

dturpin598
02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow this would be a great trade for the knicks. Chandler, Randolph, and Curry gets them Carmelo??? The Knicks front office is finally pulling their **** together. The Knicks are going to be pretty awesome.

mjqusoldier
02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Hope this deal happens soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eric1501
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
How is it that bad of a trade for the Wolves? The draft pick is a late round draft pick in a weak draft. You have Martel Webster and Wesley Johnson who are basically averaging the same amount of points in less minutes both can play SG. You also have Ellington who is young and would give me him more playing time to develop, in fact all the SG's are young. Where the Wolves are weak is in the front court. So you trade your abundance of SG's and pick up a 21 year old Big man whoes athletic with a bunch of potential. They don't real have many athletic big men so it gives you a dimension to your team you didn't have. You can give him a bunch of playing time so he will begin to develop. Ok so now trading Eddy Curry which the wolves would only be responsible for 4.6 million left on his contract who are also under the cap. Brewer still has around a million and a half left on his contract so your really only paying around 3 million for a player who in the league is regarded as a high potential player. To me its good business because Brewer isn't ever going to end up anything then a bench player once his youth leaves him and Randolph could be a really good player. Plus the wolves get the 3 million in cash from us so basically they get Randolph at a zero cost financially, a late round draft pick and a bench player on any other team.

Why doesn't PSD users use common sense and realize this?

I can't believe how many people actually thought Minnesota was giving up their 1st rnd pick in this deal. I also still can't believe the very few people that realized they have other picks and know it will be a late 1st still think its a bad deal for Minnesota? Who do they lose in this deal? The drunken special olympic dribbler in Corey Brewer and and a scrub 1st rounder for an athletic big thats much needed for a guy like Rubio next year? Kahn keep bringing in expirings for nothing. Soon you need to really cash in on them though!

Great deal for Wolves and Knicks!!!

mjqusoldier
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM

I can't believe how many people actually thought Minnesota was giving up their 1st rnd pick in this deal. I also still can't believe the very few people that realized they have other picks and know it will be a late 1st still think its a bad deal for Minnesota? Who do they lose in this deal? The drunken special olympic dribbler in Corey Brewer and and a scrub 1st rounder for an athletic big thats much needed for a guy like Rubio next year? Kahn keep bringing in expirings for nothing. Soon you need to really cash in on them though!

Rubio wont play 4 the wolves though.

dturpin598
02-06-2011, 10:20 AM

My only problem for the TWolves is now they have a logjam at the forward positions. Love isn't losing any playing time, Beasley, Johnson, and Randolph all need to get lots of playing time to continue their developing games. So how does that work?

NYKSpiritBomb
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM

i think knicks were never right fit for him, he's gunna be really good he just needs to be...um....COACHED!:mad:

plus i think minny is a good place

nycericanguy
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
My only problem for the TWolves is now they have a logjam at the forward positions. Love isn't losing any playing time, Beasley, Johnson, and Randolph all need to get lots of playing time to continue their developing games. So how does that work?

AR is 6'11 with a huge wingspan and is one of the better shot blockers per minute in the NBA. Maybe they are going to have him play some center? He can't now but theres no reason he cant in the future if he puts on another 15-20 lbs, he's only 21.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
can we also get rubio?

rubio is not nor will be half the player felton is, take it from someone who knows euroball

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I think they kept asking for more from the Nets because they knew, in the end, that Melo wouldn't sign that extension. If the Nets were forced out, the Knicks would be left to bid against themselves or the Nugs would have to let him walk.

If you think about it, look at the garbage LA gave up for Pau or what Boston gave up for KG. Al Jefferson is good but there's no getting equal value for KG. The Pau trade was rape. Wilson Chandler is a good young player, provided they can re-sign him and they get a draft pick too. Its about the same as the KG deal.

so i guess getting marc gasol and clearing salary for zach randolph is rape?:facepalm:

Madtown22
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Wes has been playing 2 for the most part with Beas at 3 and Love 4

A.R. would get minutes at 4 and 5 IMO. Wait and see what happens, I think Denver is going to wait and see if Nets want back in, but my gut is saying melo will sign for only the knicks now. :clap:

nycericanguy
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
so i guess getting marc gasol and clearing salary for zach randolph is rape?:facepalm:

trade looks decent now that Gasol turned into a good player, but at the time he wasn't considered a great prospect. MEM got lucky in a way

Sandman
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Yes.

Randolph is a garbage man

and you don't trade Gasol to "clear space", Gasol is the guy you give the money to.

Marc Gasol is good, but he's not Pau.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 10:46 AM
trade looks decent now that Gasol turned into a good player, but at the time he wasn't considered a great prospect. MEM got lucky in a way

true if you don't understand euroball, but if you followed spanish basket you would have known that pau is the better of the two but not by ''rape'' much
and that was pretty clear to memphis on the get go, people just make assumptions based on nothing...it's the same people who whine about the pautrade, that whined in atlanta when they picked pau at 3 in the draft...

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes.

Randolph is a garbage man

and you don't trade Gasol to "clear space", Gasol is the guy you give the money to.

Marc Gasol is good, but he's not Pau.

when it was pretty clear pau would leave for nothing once he's a fa, yes, it did make sense to clear space for one of the better pf's in the game in randolph

Sandman
02-06-2011, 10:51 AM
when it was pretty clear pau would leave for nothing once he's a fa, yes, it did make sense to clear space for one of the better pf's in the game in randolph

You don't have to "clear space" if he's going to walk, they didn't get space in return.

Besides, Pau was under contract for two and a half more seasons. Sure, he could have left, but that wasn't anywhere near time for even speculation esp. given the young roster the Grizzlies had.

Pau under contract for 2 1/2 seasons > Melo saying he's leaving at the end of the year.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
You don't have to "clear space" if he's going to walk, they didn't get space in return.

Besides, Pau was under contract for two and a half more seasons. Sure, he could have left, but that wasn't anywhere near time for even speculation esp. given the young roster the Grizzlies had.

Pau under contract for 2 1/2 seasons > Melo saying he's leaving at the end of the year.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/23/laugh-no-more/

magichatnumber9
02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
This is the reason the Twolves will dwell in mediocrity for eternity.

Slimsim
02-06-2011, 11:31 AM

Does he know he has a young Heat team (their core), a young Bulls team, a young Hawks team, and a young Magic team. I dont see the Knicks beating those teams in the future

When Dallas, Lakers, and Spurs are getting older and the only young teams that will be good are Thunder and Clippers.

He is making a mistake. Especially when Denver has all these expirings and could bring in a superstar to pair with Melo

Orlando Main Core is Old Besides Howard. Chances are he might go to LA.

Backstabber
02-06-2011, 11:31 AM

You're always going to get screwed if your star player wants to leave, won't sign your extension, and won't sign with any other team. Denver has to wonder where they played their hand wrong.

JerseysFinest
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I think this is good for Minnesota in that, no disrespect to them, but Minny isn't a top free agent destination (not saying NJ is either lol), so acquiring all this young talent and developing them is a very good move by Kahn. Add Rubio, draft picks from this year, to guys like Flynn, Love, Randolph, Wes J, Milicic, etc., you can build a young up and coming squad

Sandman
02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/23/laugh-no-more/

All that took was cap space, which they would have had if they wanted to let him walk anyway.

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Off topic - But why do LA fans try so hard to justify the Gasol trade? If you got a great deal you got a great deal, let it be.

VANEXEL9
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Off topic - But why do LA fans try so hard to justify the Gasol trade? If you got a great deal you got a great deal, let it be.

because it's misleading to say that it was so one-sided

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Bad trade for Denver.

Madtown22
02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
This is the reason the Twolves will dwell in mediocrity for eternity.

Explain please!

Tell me how this is a bad deal for MN?

I think it is a great idea

cheetos185
02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Bad trade for Denver.

if this trade happens couple years from now ppl can decide which team got better deal cavs raps or denver

cheetos185
02-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Explain please!

Tell me how this is a bad deal for MN?

I think it is a great idea

agreed draft is crap shot you can always end up with kwane brown atleast with AR you know he's got potential to be top rebounder

Hype
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
People who argue w/ what Khan is doing are not understanding the deal. Brewer isn't good, wish he was, but he isn't. Randolph Beasley Love Rubio and Darko is a solid starting lineup for 2011. Just watch, Randolph will blow up just like Beasley did and the Knicks will once again give us a starter because D'antoni is a turd.

blahblahyoutoo
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM

chandler is no melo.
chandler is a slasher and has an improved jump shot.
he does not have post moves or much ability to create his own shot.

the knicks fans that want to keep him
1. see a greater need in other positions (C, PG)
2. see chandler's potential
3. like the team chemistry

Madtown22
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
People who argue w/ what Khan is doing are not understanding the deal. Brewer isn't good, wish he was, but he isn't. Randolph Beasley Love Rubio and Darko is a solid starting lineup for 2011. Just watch, Randolph will blow up just like Beasley did and the Knicks will once again give us a starter because D'antoni is a turd.

Kahn is an opportunist and a realist. He gets where the wolves are and where they need to be, he is making some good moves, remember he took this team over with nothing and a lot of really bad contracts. He has quickly turned this team into something, that something we will see. :D

The Jokemaker
02-06-2011, 12:59 PM

I'm a Grizz fan and I defend the trade. It's the ignorant people who know absolutely nothing about the Grizzlies and make assumptions that peeve me off. Pau didn't want to be in Memphis, he whined and complained and quite frankly is a b****. He isn't the kind of guy you build a team around (he's a 2 to someone else's 1) yet was making a ton of money which was hurting the team. The Grizz even traded a 1st round pick to get Pau's good buddy Juan Carlos Navarro to please him and he still wasn't happy. Pau wanted out.

Now, it was a good deal for Memphis. They got the true center in Marc Gasol who is a very good player and I'm pretty sure they had a good idea of what he could do considering he played HS ball in Memphis. It's not like they picked a name out of a hat and got lucky he had potential. They also got cap relief which in a small market team that's huge. That allowed them to acquire Zach Randolph who has been a beast this season and last. He's averaging 20 points, 13 boards.

If you really want to rank trades, that KG trade was much worse considering the Twolves did not improve in the least and nobody turned out to be all that great from that deal.

And now on to the potential Melo to the Knicks 3 team deal. I'm sure some aspects of the trade will change by the time it's complete but I would expect these 3 teams involved in the final version. This is a great deal for the Knicks considering they'd only be trading Randolph, Curry, and Chandler for Melo. Randolph has potential and pairing him with Love could be a great 1-2 combo while the Nuggets get the talented young Chandler, 1st round pick, and Brewer who could turn it around on a new team.

Bornknick73
02-06-2011, 12:59 PM
If Denver is gonna take any 1st it will surely be Minnesota's. And no one is gonna take Harrington. If they try to push him on us this trade will surely not happen.

As for the Pau Lakers trade I cant even remember who they gave up for him so in that regard the Lakers came off. Without Pau the Lakers arent the current 2x champion and Kobe is in Chicago chasing Mike's shadow. The Grizzles havent amounted to much since that trade so im gonna say it was a Laker rape. And theres nothing bad about that, that was a hell of a trade by a hell of a GM.

kjoke
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
kahn this kahn that. When the wolves start winning then judge how good he really is. Can't be a good deal if your team still isnt preforming well

eric1501
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
kahn this kahn that. When the wolves start winning then judge how good he really is. Can't be a good deal if your team still isnt preforming well

What would you like him to do when he stepped in with the roster he had 2 years ago and all the bad contracts? And who would do better? Impossible. End of story.

Bornknick73
02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Bad trade for Denver.

You mean bad trade for Boston.

The Celtics are aging, they have 1 more championship run in them before the coach calls it quits. Pierce, KG, and Ray are closer to retirement then they are to their primes. Which in the end leaves you with Rondo, Perk (if he resigns this summer) Nate and Big Baby. So unless Ainge has another buddy willing to give up another aging superstar player it looks like the Celts will be getting their ***** handed to them plenty in the coming years.

So from a Boston perspective it is a bad trade. The Knicks are the third youngest team in the league who will add a second superstar piece who is in thier prime. While giving up 2 players who dont play and a very good young player who they are stockpiled at his position. Its a bad trade from a Knick hate perspective im sure.

Its too bad people dont give this 23 year old KID, and 23 yrs old is still a kid, a shred of respect. 6'8 240 lbs as strong as King James. Quiet, hard working, no baggage. Can give you 17-18 pts off the bench or starting. Can slash and has a decent 3 ball. Can guard 3 positions and can play 3 positions. Has very good instincts going to the rim and can finish with authority. Has improved significantly every year in the league. Now remove his name and team and remove who he could possibly be traded for.

You' would be saying the kid is a damn good young piece to acquire for any team. Up until this guys name was linked in these trade rumors he was balling as good as anyone his age not named Blake. Leading 6th man of the Year until he was inserted into the starting lineup. I guess no one noticed the Knicks freefall coincided with this kids declining play. Some say its Felton and STAT i dont agree. The kid doesnt want to go anywhere and his play is showing it.

Im sorry for the fans of Denver that found themselves in this situation, they dont deserve it and for that im truely sorry you have to go through it. But when you do get this kid I can personally guarantee it will ease the pain a bit. This kid is a hard working player, a harder worker that can be said for most young NBA players his age. Is he Melo? He certainly is not. But this kid isnt chopped liver. Hes everything you want in a young player without all the baggage associated with most of them. If the choice was taking this kid or getting nothing I jump at the chance to take this kid.

You can say its a bad trade, but i could say KG to Boston was a bad trade for Minnesota, but it wasnt. It was a great trade. Im not a hater I call it like it was...a fleecing of one team by another and the fleecing team made a damn good trade. One that turned out to be a championship trade.

You made your trade, and won your chip. Dont hate on us for doing the same. The Knicks didnt start this circus, The Celtics started it with this Big 3 nonsense. If the Knicks end up with Paul, DWilly or Howard in 2012(and we will have the money to do exactly that) dont be mad at us.

Bornknick73
02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
And as far as Minny is concerned Kahn is making a great trade. Randolph and Love= No rebounds for the other team. Add Beasley's scoring then bring Rubio over and that is a hell of a young team. Tall quick and athletic. And CHEAP. Kahn is doing it right. I guess some of his percieved bonehead moves in the past made no sense but I think he was thinking "long haul" not short term.

When Randolph finally gets it together that team is gonna be Rubio to AR4 on the alley oop all day.

king4day
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM
And as far as Minny is concerned Kahn is making a great trade. Randolph and Love= No rebounds for the other team. Add Beasley's scoring then bring Rubio over and that is a hell of a young team. Tall quick and athletic. And CHEAP. Kahn is doing it right. I guess some of his percieved bonehead moves in the past made no sense but I think he was thinking "long haul" not short term.

When Randolph finally gets it together that team is gonna be Rubio to AR4 on the alley oop all day.

This only holds true IF Rubio decides to join the Wolves. But he has to look at the talent the Wolves would have and realize he could help make a difference. Could be a great young exciting team to play for.

thekmp211
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
decent trade for all sides, but you have to wonder why denver is now willing to receive so much less than they were reportedly asking from new jersey.

John Walls Era
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM

When has Randolph proven to be a good rebounder? You forget that hes "Tall quick and athletic" and dumb.

Also you're relying on the fact that Rubio must join them next year.

Kakaroach
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Tough luck for the Nuggets that the Nets pulled out of the deal. Now they get stuck with Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, and a first round pick.

smith&wesson
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
So what would new yorks starting line up be ?

felton
fields
melo
amare
mosgov

with gallo off the bench i guess ?

3RDASYSTEM
02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Wat a rape job by Walsh if this goes down
They swap Chandler for Melo...but at least they dont get done like Cavs/Raps did this past summer

tbone2171
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM

:rolleyes:

Mr Haha
02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm confused by people wondering why the Nuggets didn't send Melo to Jersey. Obviously NJ had a better trade package, but it's my understanding that Melo wouldn't sign long term with them, thus removing any incentive for NJ to give up so much for a half-season rental. That's why NJ pulled out. Is my understanding on this correct?

rsteeley91
02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
this is a bad deal for the wolves
also, i dont understand why the nuggets didnt accept the nets deal, that deal is A WHOLE LOT better than the deal they are getting from the knicks and wolves

NokomisLiving
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
This won't be OUR pick, can't trade that. It will be either one of the Utah/Memphis picks we aquired. Good trade in my opinion.

Sandman
02-06-2011, 02:52 PM
also, i dont understand why the nuggets didnt accept the nets deal, that deal is A WHOLE LOT better than the deal they are getting from the knicks and wolves

The Nets deal doesnt work because Anthony won't sign.

Bornknick73
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
When has Randolph proven to be a good rebounder? You forget that hes "Tall quick and athletic" and dumb.

Look at his rebs per min, over the course of his young career. If you played his dumb *** 35 mins he would get you 12 rebs at minimum. Rebounding is mostly effort and instinct. Rebounders arent taught they are born. He can sure as hell rebound if he put the effort in.

Madtown22
02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Currently this would be the number 20 pick in the draft (Utah) Does the deal sound better now? Wish ESPN (who hate Kahn and the the wolves) would add this bit of information.

ElMarroAfamado
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
hopefully this happens

Ryan328
02-06-2011, 04:13 PM
So what would new yorks starting line up be ?

felton
fields
melo
amare
mosgov

with gallo off the bench i guess ?

How much of a threat would this make NYK in the East?

Felton-Fields-Melo-Amare-Mosgov

Bench---Douglas, Gallinari, Walker, S. Williams

tbone2171
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM
NBA trade rumor fail:

A Timberwolves source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Sunday that the team would not approve of a deal where the team received just New York's Randolph and Curry with Brewer and a first-rounder heading to Denver.

NYK|NYY
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
NBA trade rumor fail:

I can see us shipping S.Williams for a (late) first and either send that toward Minni or DEN

Ryan328
02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
He'll get to NYK at some point this month....I think.

JB0B0
02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
The Twolves gave KG to Boston, took Beasley from Miami, and are now helping get Melo to NY.

Knickrocketsfan
02-06-2011, 04:28 PM

No one ever called him dumb. Low BBIQ does not translate to being dumb. Neither does High BBIQ make you smart.:facepalm:

dturpin598
02-06-2011, 06:05 PM
The Twolves gave KG to Boston, took Beasley from Miami, and are now helping get Melo to NY.

Haha, the Twolves like building championship teams... just not for themselves.

Hype
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Don't hate, Wolves have an All Star to build around now.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2011, 06:43 PM
NBA trade rumor fail:

I really wonder which 1st rounder it is. If it's Utah's, I can't see why the Wolves wouldnt do it. Must be the Memphis one, since I don't believe they can trade theirs currently.

topdog
02-06-2011, 08:27 PM
I really wonder which 1st rounder it is. If it's Utah's, I can't see why the Wolves wouldnt do it. Must be the Memphis one, since I don't believe they can trade theirs currently.

I would assume it is a "process" whereby Kahn feels out NY to see what other compensation he can be provided for helping get them a superstar and giving up a starter (even though it's Brewer).

But yeah, I'd definitely deal Brewer and one of our extra first rounders for Randolph and the burden of Curry's contract. Hell, maybe we could get some decent play out of Curry? Strange things are in the water here...

DwayneMVPwade
02-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Makes no sense for Minni. They lose their 1st and dont get anything back that is better than the 1 st

PurpleJesus
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Makes no sense for Minni. They lose their 1st and dont get anything back that is better than the 1 st

it wouldnt be there own first...wolves own two other first round picks right now as well...besides that, the wolves own pick is owed to the clippers, although it is top 7 protected this year, so the wolves will keep the pick. Bottom line is, wolves are not trading there own pick because they can't.

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Wolves aren't gonna give THEIR first. -.-

xxplayerxx23
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
A reason this would make the knicks contenders is having melo adds another star to this team. Giving up just chandler is huge. For ex against miami, Miami has the better team but doesnt match up great. Melo isnt great at D but Lebron will have to work on the defensive side and use energy he doesnt always use. Melo in the playoffs against the lakers 2 years ago didnt do a great job on kobe but he mad kobe work for every point. Melo would make them contenders not saying That the knicks will win it but they can cause matchup promblems with teams like miami and boston.

kmo429
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM

How? Curry doesnt play, Randolph doesnt play. Chandler starts, Melo goes right in for Chandler, same positiong... No depth loss at all, just an upgrade from Chandler to top 10 player in the starting 5.

jetsfan28
02-07-2011, 05:50 AM
NBA trade rumor fail:

There will probably be another piece, my guess would be Bill Walker, heading to Minnesota.

For all of the people saying the Nuggets get killed in this deal, you're right. They do. That's why you don't overplay your hand and keep insisting that you need to trade Melo to NJ or he'll walk, because when that goes poorly you have almost no leverage left.

ChiSox219
02-07-2011, 06:55 AM
The Nuggets would be better off keeping Melo and calling his hand rather than make this trade. You get another half-season of a great player that brings in fans and you see if Melo is really willing to go through the new CBA without a contract.

dodie53
02-07-2011, 07:29 AM
good trade for NY

RedRicanoBx
02-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Denver should get more in this deal.... As a Knicks fan I just think they aren't getting enough

The Jokemaker
02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
The Nuggets would be better off keeping Melo and calling his hand rather than make this trade. You get another half-season of a great player that brings in fans and you see if Melo is really willing to go through the new CBA without a contract.

Yeah the fans go to see him to boo him... A guy who actively has requested a trade to LEAVE Denver and has said he will leave in the offseason isn't going to be a crowd favorite at home. They'd be better off at least getting SOMETHING in return for their star player as opposed to getting nothing (a la Cleveland).

Nycbball08
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Melo was promise a starting spot in the all star
Game so if traded to east he would still
Assume that roll

ChiSox219
02-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah the fans go to see him to boo him... A guy who actively has requested a trade to LEAVE Denver and has said he will leave in the offseason isn't going to be a crowd favorite at home. They'd be better off at least getting SOMETHING in return for their star player as opposed to getting nothing (a la Cleveland).

You are saying Cleveland should have traded Lebron last February?

Anyways, unlike Cleveland (and Toronto) the Nuggets have leverage over Carmelo but have no trade leverage because Melo has made it clear he only wants to play for the Knicks. No reason to trade him for Wilson Chandler and a draft pick when they can make a playoff run and use their leverage to re-sign Melo. And if he still leaves, at least they set a clear example for future contract negotiations that they will not let a player drive the bus.

BklynKnicks3
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Melo was promise a starting spot in the all star
Game so if traded to east he would still
Assume that roll

wrong

jetsfan28
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM

How is a half season of Melo better than a 1st and multiple seasons of Wilson Chandler.

He's clearly willing to go through with it, considering at this point if the Nuggets wanted to they could just refuse to resign him until a new CBA is out, at which point they'll still be able to offer him the most (so he'd still sign with them if he just wanted the biggest contract) but the max will likely be less. He's risked that and waited this long for a reason.

You are saying Cleveland should have traded Lebron last February?

Anyways, unlike Cleveland (and Toronto) the Nuggets have leverage over Carmelo but have no trade leverage because Melo has made it clear he only wants to play for the Knicks. No reason to trade him for Wilson Chandler and a draft pick when they can make a playoff run and use their leverage to re-sign Melo. And if he still leaves, at least they set a clear example for future contract negotiations that they will not let a player drive the bus.

Setting an example for a 34 year old Chauncey Billups who won't want to stay on a losing team, Kenyon Martin, Nene who may not want to stay without Billups and Melo (he's not getting the max anyway, so the new CBA may cost him some money, but not that much), and JR Smith who would be the team's best scorer without Melo isn't much help. I guess it helps with Ty Lawson 3 years down the road, but that's about it.

I don't think setting an example for Ty Lawson in 3 years tops getting Wilson Chandler, Brewer, and a 1st.

Knickfan78
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Still would rather pick him up as a FA, but that ain't happenin