PDA

View Full Version : Melo will only sign extension with Knicks

bklynny67
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't see this posted anywhere and I know there's tons of Melo threads, but this is big news and thought it needed its own.

It has been assumed by many that this was true, but now its finally out. Looks like its inevitable that he will be a Knick.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/report-carmelo-anthonys-agent-informing-teams-he-only-will-sign-extension-with-knicks.html

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't know why he wants to be a knick so bad. no offense, but they kinda suck.

nycericanguy
02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't know why he wants to be a knick so bad. no offense, but they kinda suck.

We're headed in the right direction, just been struggling lately. But boy do I want to play CHI in the first round =).

CHI is better no doubt, but I think NY matches up well and it would be a fun series.

The thing is if NY can sign Melo without giving up anyone of their core players, they could then turn around and maybe trade Chandler for someone like Varaejo. Gallo would be one of the better 6th men in the league.

Varaejo
Amare
Melo\Gallo
Fields
Felton

that team would contend in the east IMO.

nickdymez
02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
^^I think with the addition of Melo they would be pretty good... Plus he likes that area..

210Don
02-05-2011, 05:28 PM
smh... how many times has this been said.

nycericanguy
02-05-2011, 05:30 PM
smh... how many times has this been said.

Its been speculated to death, but in fairness this is supposedly coming from his agent now.

Young and Stupid
02-05-2011, 05:30 PM
The room is spinning.

I still don't think that Knicks team is well-constructed. Melo and Stat like to operate from the same spot and I'm not sure where the defense is coming from, but at least it'll be entertaining.

The rivalry is back.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 05:33 PM
He sure does have a hard on for Manhattan

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 05:34 PM
He sure does have a hard on for Manhattan

and I don't even understand why. Is the team he wants to go to better than the team he's leaving? no...

John Walls Era
02-05-2011, 05:37 PM
and I don't even understand why. Is the team he wants to go to better than the team he's leaving? no...

Grass is greener on the otherside. Plus its NY, thats what everyone says.

lvlheaded
02-05-2011, 05:39 PM

He grew up a Knicks fan and is good friends with Amar'e. He feels joining up with Amar'e gives him a better chance to win a title and knows the Knicks have MAX money for FA 2012 to get CP3, D-Will, or D12. Not to mention the Knicks are still a young team developing. If Moz develops into a solid defensive center and Fields, Gallo, and Chandler continue to develop the way they have, the Knicks will have a nice team going forward.

Plus, if you could, wouldnt you go play for the team you grew up rooting for? I know I would.

And of course, its NY and the Garden.

Tony_Starks
02-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Melo is being stupid trying to force their hand. They don't want what NY has and at the end of the day could end up shipping him to Houston or Dallas if they so please and not give a damn who he signs with!

bahama0811
02-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Wait, Melo just told a Denver Post reporter last week that he would sign the extension with Denver, NY, NJ, or Chicago. That came from his mouth. This could just be posturing by his agent/wife.

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 05:43 PM
He grew up a Knicks fan and is good friends with Amar'e. He feels joining up with Amar'e gives him a better chance to win a title and knows the Knicks have MAX money for FA 2012 to get CP3, D-Will, or D12. Not to mention the Knicks are still a young team developing. If Moz develops into a solid defensive center and Fields, Gallo, and Chandler continue to develop the way they have, the Knicks will have a nice team going forward.

Plus, if you could, wouldnt you go play for the team you grew up rooting for? I know I would.

ok, that makes sense and explains it then.

I'm just confused because looking at the knicks recently, the team doesn't look good at all. infact I think the term "free fall" can apply to them. They're losing to teams they should beat, and their january wasn't very good, now they've carried on that bad form into february too.

DodgerDogg
02-05-2011, 05:50 PM
This will soon be known as the "leBron" method. No more dedication to teams/fans.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Its going to look bad for him, leaving the team hes been with his entire career and refusing to sign an extension to go to a team that has a worse record and sign with them.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
We're headed in the right direction, just been struggling lately. But boy do I want to play CHI in the first round =).

CHI is better no doubt, but I think NY matches up well and it would be a fun series.

The thing is if NY can sign Melo without giving up anyone of their core players, they could then turn around and maybe trade Chandler for someone like Varaejo. Gallo would be one of the better 6th men in the league.

Varaejo
Amare
Melo\Gallo
Fields
Felton

that team would contend in the east IMO.

How are the Knicks getting Varaejo?

It will be a quick 4 game series, Bulls have playoff expeirence only like 3 Knicks have playoff expeirence.

nycericanguy
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm just confused because looking at the knicks recently, the team doesn't look good at all. infact I think the term "free fall" can apply to them. They're losing to teams they should beat, and their january wasn't very good, now they've carried on that bad form into february too.

it happens over the course of a season, u win some you shouldn't and lose some u shoudn't.

In fairness they have also beaten beaten SAS & MIA during the rough stretch. They are a young team and I think the good start kind of got them in a bad habit of playing to the level of your opponent.

knickerbockerny
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
The Knicks need more than Melo right now. Acquiring Melo, a defensive rebounding big, and a veteran back up pg will do the trick

Tony_Starks
02-05-2011, 05:57 PM
The thing I don't respect is that it would be different if he went to Denver and straight up told them "Im not coming back, I'd prefer to play in NY for personal reasons. You guys can trade me wherever you want but thats my preference. Either way Im not going to re-sign here." Then Im sure they'd make it happen, and couldn't even really be mad.

But this "Im keeping my options open.... I could still sign with Denver.... I never said anything about NY" innocent guy routine, all the while having his agent pushing hard for the Knicks, is a cowards way out IMO.

He's trying to have it both ways, save face in the media but still get exactly what he wants....

Lake_Show2416
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Everyone has seen this ..that's why the Knicks are playing it smart and not offering too much in a trade cuz he's either coming to the team this month or this summer

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 05:59 PM
The thing I don't respect is that it would be different if he went to Denver and straight up told them "Im not coming back, I'd prefer to play in NY for personal reasons. You guys can trade me wherever you want but thats my preference. Either way Im not going to re-sign here." Then Im sure they'd make it happen, and couldn't even really be mad.

But this "Im keeping my options open.... I could still sign with Denver.... I never said anything about NY" innocent guy routine, all the while having his agent pushing hard for the Knicks, is a cowards way out IMO.

He's trying to have it both ways, save face in the media but still get exactly what he wants....

With Kmart and Melo expiring and can still buy out Billups contract for 3 million the Nuggets could sign Melo and then 2 max deals.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM

The Garden is so overrated IMO. What are the best memories of Knicks games from the garden? Other than Willis Reed all I ever think of is other players coming in and destroying the Knicks lol

Guess that's just my Knick hate spewing

Tony_Starks
02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
With Kmart and Melo expiring and can still buy out Billups contract for 3 million the Nuggets could sign Melo and then 2 max deals.

Like who? Lest we forget we have no idea what happens with the new CBA. He knows all this, at the end of the day there's no way in hell you walk away from that kind of money and can sit there with a straight face and say "yeah I might still come back."

Yeah sure. Ask Torronto how that worked out for them!

CostanzaNumba0
02-05-2011, 06:05 PM

beat you twice this year

HOZ THE KNICK
02-05-2011, 06:06 PM
melo loves the knicks no big deal if we sign him in the off season i don't see why everybody have a problem with this...........rules are rules

CostanzaNumba0
02-05-2011, 06:07 PM
The Garden is so overrated IMO. What are the best memories of Knicks games from the garden? Other than Willis Reed all I ever think of is other players coming in and destroying the Knicks lol

Did you watch basketball in the '90's? Ny is the capital of the world

The GEEEEE Men
02-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Next up, Chris Paul

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Like who? Lest we forget we have no idea what happens with the new CBA. He knows all this, at the end of the day there's no way in hell you walk away from that kind of money and can sit there with a straight face and say "yeah I might still come back."

Yeah sure. Ask Torronto how that worked out for them!

If Denver doesnt make a move and lets Melo stay a Nugget he will still get the same money regardless, and the contract can be extended up untill June 23rd I think. So if he doesnt want to leave that money on the table, he might then say ill just go back to Denver if he is risking losing 30 million.

jimm120
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Melo is being stupid trying to force their hand. They don't want what NY has and at the end of the day could end up shipping him to Houston or Dallas if they so please and not give a damn who he signs with!

Yeah. That is pretty much he's telling them.

Its not "forcing their hand". Its a situation in which HE'S the one not allowing the Nuggets to force his hand.

1 - He doesn't want to sign an extension now.
2 - He wanted to wait till free agency to make a decision.
3 - Nuggets want to trade him AND FORCE him to sign an extension to a team of THEIR choosing.

The Nuggets can go out and trade him. Its their right since the beginning. Melo has never disputed that.

CostanzaNumba0
02-05-2011, 06:11 PM
If Denver doesnt make a move and lets Melo stay a Nugget he will still get the same money regardless, and the contract can be extended up untill June 23rd I think. So if he doesnt want to leave that money on the table, he might then say ill just go back to Denver if he is risking losing 30 million.

He's not staying a nugget, he will make up the differences in contracts through endorsements alone in nyc

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Did you watch basketball in the '90's? Ny is the capital of the world

Sure did. Saw 0 titles for NY and 6 for their fierce rival. It's like the Kings of the early 2000's. Very good teams for sure, but not worthy of the "glory days" title that Knicks fans always give those teams because at the end of the day, they were never on top of the basketball world.

Slimsim
02-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Well At least their Someone Would actually wants to play for us i Guess. If we do get melo Mike D got to go. His System Leaves to many guys wide open on defense

HOZ THE KNICK
02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
He's not staying a nugget, he will make up the differences in contracts through endorsements alone in nyc

true indeed and by the way amare is cashing in big time you see how things turned around for him money wise when he left phoenix i know he told melo all about it.

Slimsim
Sure did. Saw 0 titles for NY and 6 for their fierce rival. It's like the Kings of the early 2000's. Very good teams for sure, but not worthy of the "glory days" title that Knicks fans always give those teams because at the end of the day, they were never on top of the basketball world.

What have the sixers done lately ? Don't talk **** about another team franchise if your not a fan of the lakers or celtics

Sactown

Difference is the Kings should of had a title... :mad: Yes I'm looking at you Stern..

knicks=love
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM

no offense but we kinda beat the **** out of you twice this year so shut your ****ing mouth

Young and Stupid
02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Would be nice to see a Heat-Knicks series if Melo gets traded there before the deadline, maybe they can restore one of the best rivalries of the 90's.

God I miss this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slGmTABZtZ8)

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
What have the sixers done lately ? Don't talk **** about another team franchise if your not a fan of the lakers or celtics

This thread isnt about the Sixers its about the Knicks.

jimm120
02-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Did you forget WHO the Knicks were DIRECTLY up against?

The Ewing Knicks would have win AT LEAST 2 titles during those years.

The Ewing Knicks would have gotten to the finals AT LEAST 3 or 4 times.

The 1991 to 1997 teams were fierce!

In the end, though, they made it 2 times to the finals. Hell, even THAT is an accomplishment for a team to make the finals 2 times in 1 decade.

End of the day, it were glory days. Big time glory days.

kobebabe
02-05-2011, 06:26 PM
He would be a great addition to the knicks no doubt. However, they will still need a few more pieces for the puzzle to be complete, not to mention a couch that can preach defense.

Legit
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
LeBron is going to Miami.

Wait I thought that was new news?

Slimsim
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
This thread isnt about the Sixers its about the Knicks.

your Like the first person in Every Knick Related topic.

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 06:39 PM
no offense but we kinda beat the **** out of you twice this year so shut your ****ing mouth

true but you're still ranked 15th in power rankings, and underachieving, and dropping games left and right to teams you should be beating.

Cleveland beat you, how does that happen?

NYK|NYY
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
At least 'Melo is, allegedly, giving people a heads up.

Tony_Starks
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah. That is pretty much he's telling them.

Its not "forcing their hand". Its a situation in which HE'S the one not allowing the Nuggets to force his hand.

1 - He doesn't want to sign an extension now.
2 - He wanted to wait till free agency to make a decision.
3 - Nuggets want to trade him AND FORCE him to sign an extension to a team of THEIR choosing.

The Nuggets can go out and trade him. Its their right since the beginning. Melo has never disputed that.

The only reason his agent would let it be known that the Knicks are the only team Melo is willing to sign and extension with is to basically discourage other teams from trying to trade for him. That limits Denvers trade options and in effect is trying to force their hand.

Dade County
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM

WTF :facepalm:

Any fan can talk ****.

You shouldn't bring things like that up.... your green.

BigBlueCrew
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
We all know this already. The only one denying this is the Denver front office.

Oh well sux to be them.

goose15
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
beat you twice this year

Haha.. :laugh:

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 06:58 PM
you beat us twice and I don't take that away from you, those were legit and admirable victories, as was your victory over Miami. My problem with the Knicks is everything in between. You're ranked 15th and can't seem to get it together in a consistent way, there's no way you should be 15th. You're under achieving. Maybe it's your coach, I don't know.

We're ranked 3rd and you beat us twice, how is it you're not doing better in the rankings by now...?

The Dream
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
true but you're still ranked 15th in power rankings, and underachieving, and dropping games left and right to teams you should be beating.

lol look at this guy trying so hard to get attention

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
you beat us twice and I don't take that away from you, those were legit and admirable victories, as was your victory over Miami. My problem with the Knicks is everything in between. You're ranked 15th and can't seem to get it together in a consistent way, there's no way you should be 15th. You're under achieving. Maybe it's your coach, I don't know.

We're ranked 3rd and you beat us twice, how is it you're not doing better in the rankings by now...?

We're good, not great. The thing about our inconsistent play is because we are still a young team and a pretty good player away from being higher in terms of rank.

Sadds The Gr8
this story would probably be interesting if i didn't hear it 20 times in the last 3 months.

DoMeFavors
your Like the first person in Every Knick Related topic.

I like to discuss The New York Knicks.

xxplayerxx23
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I like to discuss The New York Knicks.

Nets are the best

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
We're good, not great. The thing about our inconsistent play is because we are still a young team and a pretty good player away from being higher in terms of rank.

you think just 1 player will be enough to solve your problems? I suspect there's some deeper issues than that, perhaps its your coaching? You're ranked 19th in defense, that's a problem too.

I don't know, I don't watch the Knicks that much. I see your team get up to play us and the heat yet drop games to teams that are inferior to you, it's quite confusing. Makes me think that its not a talent problem but a motivation/consistency problem, which I would blame on coaching.

someone earlier said the knicks don't play defense until the 4th quarter

BkOriginalOne
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
He would make them better offensively if he goes as a free agent, especially if Chandler and fields develop great outside shots.
I watched the Knicks play against the Sixers the other night and there was just about a full 6-8 mins in the 4th quarter where the Knicks couldn't get a bucket nor get to the line.
This is where Melo comes in, he can get you points at will, teams also have to either concede a bucket or double team. If Melo plays for the Knicks he can average 5 dimes playing alongside guys like Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, and Amare.
I don't think it will bring them a title (hoping they get DHoward), but they will be a better d'anotoni team and would be a top 4 seed with Anthony + what they have now.

IBleedPurple
02-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Wait, Melo just told a Denver Post reporter last week that he would sign the extension with Denver, NY, NJ, or Chicago. That came from his mouth. This could just be posturing by his agent/wife.

^this.

xxplayerxx23
02-05-2011, 07:29 PM
He would make them better offensively if he goes as a free agent, especially if Chandler and fields develop great outside shots.
I watched the Knicks play against the Sixers the other night and there was just about a full 6-8 mins in the 4th quarter where the Knicks couldn't get a bucket nor get to the line.
This is where Melo comes in, he can get you points at will, teams also have to either concede a bucket or double team. If Melo plays for the Knicks he can average 5 dimes playing alongside guys like Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, and Amare.
I don't think it will bring them a title (hoping they get DHoward), but they will be a better d'anotoni team and would be a top 4 seed with Anthony + what they have now.

I dont think we can keep chandler if we get melo. They wont win a title just by adding melo. Dantoni is a joke of a coach, so Im not sure if we win one even if we add a rebounding defensive center this year with melo. The only chance we have to win it all is if we get d howard in 2012 with melo(with dantonI as a coach)

Slimsim
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Actually we are sorta overachieving. We Have no Bench. We play small and are out rebound nightly. Our defense suck and yet we are a game above .500

xxplayerxx23
02-05-2011, 07:37 PM
We should play AR :P lol

Halopower31
02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I could seriously see the Nuggets trading Melo to the Lakers for maybe Artest and Bynum? The LAkers win the Championship and Melo takes his ring and shows it to the Knicks and says lets get one of these as they sign Melo and CP3. The LAkers then just sign Howard for a C! LOL

xxplayerxx23
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I could seriously see the Nuggets trading Melo to the Lakers for maybe Artest and Bynum? The LAkers win the Championship and Melo takes his ring and shows it to the Knicks and says lets get one of these as they sign Melo and CP3. The LAkers then just sign Howard for a C! LOL

I doubt it, Artest is worthless i think we can offer more unless they are super high on Bynum. ANyway i would rather have Howard then cp3

BklynKnicks3
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Nets are in the redzone Melo shoul dbe a Net by friday lmao

nolafan33
02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
So pretty much it's guaranteed that Melo will be a Knick next season?

This league sucks...

blastmasta26
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
you think just 1 player will be enough to solve your problems? I suspect there's some deeper issues than that, perhaps its your coaching? You're ranked 19th in defense, that's a problem too.

I don't know, I don't watch the Knicks that much. I see your team get up to play us and the heat yet drop games to teams that are inferior to you, it's quite confusing. Makes me think that its not a talent problem but a motivation/consistency problem, which I would blame on coaching.

someone earlier said the knicks don't play defense until the 4th quarter
I think Melo can make a huge difference for the Knicks, depending on who goes. Felton has somehow forgotten how to be a PG in the middle of the season, so sometimes we have no offense at all. Melo works off the PG also, but can create for himself, be a go to guy late in games, and draw attention away from guys like Fields/Gallo/Chandler etc.

There are some possible coaching problems, it's true this team doesn't really play D unless it's a big situation, defensive minded players are the only solution really. It's not like the Bulls where you have a great defensive coach. I know Melo doesn't help in that regard, but he has played great D before, so there's some hope lol. This team is underachieving though for sure.

LakersA's49ers
02-05-2011, 08:40 PM
does anyone remember the December 2006 Nuggets/Knicks brawl!!!! Anthony swung at whoever, Robinson i believe. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Gideon
02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Not sure why anyone would knock a guy for where he wants to play when his contract expires and he is a free agent. Yes he is still a Nugget, but he (or his agent) is basically saying when he becomes a free agent he wants to be in NY. That is what free aency is about isn't it? People say he should have loyalty to Denver, but shouldn't his first loyalty be to him and his family first? If he and his wife have decided they want to live in NY and he will no longer be under contract then why shouldn't he have that right? Why cause Denver doesn't get what they want from him? They have been getting plenty out of him for the last 7 or 8 years. He has every right to choose where he wants to play next and has every right to say he won't sign an extension with another team. This is a job and if you are not under contract, which he won't be then he can choose where he wants to work. The whole reason anyone is making a big deal about this is because of the level of player he is. That should hold no relevence on a players rights. If Denver wants to trade his elsewhere they can, but he has no obligation to sign an extension. Anyone hating on this situation is just hating on the Knicks and has a bias and doesn't want to see them succeed plain and simple.

jimm120
02-05-2011, 09:04 PM
does anyone remember the December 2006 Nuggets/Knicks brawl!!!! Anthony swung at whoever, Robinson i believe. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

He was mad at how the Knicks were turned into a crap team. He was trying to "retire" the players forcibly. Though I liked Nate...

Tony_Starks
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Once you get passed all the entertainment Melo on a D'Antoni coached team would only mean one thing: more scoring. Ok thats great. But what difference does it make if your putting up 120 and giving up 125? If they had a legit coach then it would be different but D'Antoni's coaching style is really a joke I don't care who you put on there.

He had a allstar team in Phoenix that was better than they will be even with Melo and still couldn't get it done....

stlbest5in2013
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM

how will they have max money again? mare makes 20 mil per year on average, and melo will be making over that on his extension. the cap is projected to be less then what it is. the hard cap can go up, but unless your a max salary under the salary cap, you can not sign any max FA

stlbest5in2013
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
im still trying to figure out where the knicks get all this money at.

2 players making a combined 40 mil plus.

the cap is not going to 65-70 mil.

melo make take less, other stars will not. ny and the surrounding area is the most expensive state/area to live in. the taxes are not low.

the little 3 in miami took less, but dont pay taxes.

do not confuse those 3 taking less, but paying out less, as every star in the league will start doing the same.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
If the Knicks get Melo they would be an amazing regular season team but they would never win a title. Melo and Amare are great scorers but the lack at defending and without defense teams don't win championships or are extremely unlikely to win championships.

HeaTxRipZz
02-05-2011, 10:01 PM

The Garden is known more for just the NBA. Historic boxing matches, Historic Wrestling Events, and it's the Mecca of basketball because of all the College ball games and things like that. It's the history of it as a whole plus the city which intrigues athletes. Not how many titles the Knicks didn't win

icej
02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
im still trying to figure out where the knicks get all this money at.

2 players making a combined 40 mil plus.

the cap is not going to 65-70 mil.

melo make take less, other stars will not. ny and the surrounding area is the most expensive state/area to live in. the taxes are not low.

the little 3 in miami took less, but dont pay taxes.

do not confuse those 3 taking less, but paying out less, as every star in the league will start doing the same.

You gave me another perspective on the $/stars acquisition issue, thanks.

I agree with you, the taxes indeed played huge role in the MIA situation and can also play an opposite role in the NY acquisition of stars players.

Once you get passed all the entertainment Melo on a D'Antoni coached team would only mean one thing: more scoring. Ok thats great. But what difference does it make if your putting up 120 and giving up 125? If they had a legit coach then it would be different but D'Antoni's coaching style is really a joke I don't care who you put on there.

He had a allstar team in Phoenix that was better than they will be even with Melo and still couldn't get it done....

I agree with the former Phoenix better than this knicks, and I also think that D'antoni is not a Championship coach, he is more of a crowd drawing coach with his excellence in running open court game but very poor in the other end.

Any franchise with serious plan of contending, looks for a solid defensive coach-- that tells you how serious a team is in winning against pleasing the crowd. San Antonio and Boston is a typical example of serious contender with a less stellar crowd pleasing ability but they get the job done, and very well at it.

Anthony would be a great addition to the knicks but, unless they get serious on DEFENSE they will not be close to contending in this league. They should get another coach with serious working system IMHO.

arkanian215
02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
So all that speculation was true. Bummer.

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 12:28 AM

HAHAHAHAHA this guy using the power rankings to judge teams... LOL its just sports writers opinions dude... u think those rankings indicates whose the best to worst teams? :facepalm:

NYKnicks4511
02-06-2011, 02:56 AM

Chandler has been out hurt the last few games, Felton and Amar'e are wearing down, but if we get Melo I think the scoring load will be distributed better.

Felton taking less shots = bliss, he can get back to how he was playing at the beginning of the season hopefully -- the All Star break should do him some good I hope.

Anyways even if we stick around at .500 this season, I still don't think we give up the 6th seed in the East. Playoffs are better than nothing, anything is an improvement for us.

pd1dish
02-06-2011, 03:10 AM
even if melo only wants to sign an extension with the knicks, idk why the knicks would trade for him. NY is obviously the team he wants to play for whether he is traded there or he becomes a FA. the knicks should just wait it out and not have to give up any of their players to get melo and they would save a hell of a lot of money just waiting until FA. obviously melo wants to be traded to NY now because he wants that money, but there is no advantage for NY. they are not contending this year. its not like theres some urgency to get him for the rest of the this year. if i were the owner, i take my chance and wait it out until melo is a FA. even if for some reason you dont land him in free agency, its better than gutting your team.

pd1dish
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
HAHAHAHAHA this guy using the power rankings to judge teams... LOL its just sports writers opinions dude... u think those rankings indicates whose the best to worst teams? :facepalm:

sportswriters opinions > your opinion

they get paid to do what they do. they are professionals at stating their opinion. they arent always right, but they are sure as hell more qualified and trustworthy than you

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
even if melo only wants to sign an extension with the knicks, idk why the knicks would trade for him. NY is obviously the team he wants to play for whether he is traded there or he becomes a FA. the knicks should just wait it out and not have to give up any of their players to get melo and they would save a hell of a lot of money just waiting until FA. obviously melo wants to be traded to NY now because he wants that money, but there is no advantage for NY. they are not contending this year. its not like theres some urgency to get him for the rest of the this year. if i were the owner, i take my chance and wait it out until melo is a FA. even if for some reason you dont land him in free agency, its better than gutting your team.

check out the other thread about the rumored 3 way deal with MIN. they would only give up Chandler (who they will lose as a RFA anyway), Randolph and Curry.... it'd be a good deal.

RZZZA
02-06-2011, 03:20 AM
is he talking to me? He's on my ignore list. LOL

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
is he talking to me? He's on my ignore list. LOL

that makes you cool.... but maybe you cant read this cuz i'm on your ignore list. its ok though, you're the guy who thinks Deng should have been an allstar.

RZZZA
02-06-2011, 03:34 AM
que?

I'm sorry, I can't see what you're saying unless someone quotes you. Ok, I'll take you off my ignore list on the off chance that we can have some reasonable and civil conversation.

bklynny67
02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
que?

I'm sorry, I can't see what you're saying unless someone quotes you. Ok, I'll take you off my ignore list on the off chance that we can have some reasonable and civil conversation.

oops... guess my last comment wasn't the way to get that started.. lol can we start again?

RZZZA
02-06-2011, 03:36 AM
that makes you cool.... but maybe you cant read this cuz i'm on your ignore list. its ok though, you're the guy who thinks Deng should have been an allstar. LOL that was a good one.

well, I raised the possibility, yes. People disagreed, and that's cool. Forums are for that sort of thing. I usually pay attention to people who explain their points of view though and say more than just "LOL", ":facepalm:" and crap like that.

JnasD
02-06-2011, 04:30 AM

The Nets beat you how does that happen?

abe_froman
02-06-2011, 04:35 AM

because bad teams do pull off wins over good ones.it happens.

hell ceveland beat boston this year,does this mean boston sucks?

stlbest5in2013
02-06-2011, 08:19 AM

the giants and the jets play in new jersey, i dont care where they might have played before. so shouldnt your sig say nj, if were being proper it should be the nj jets and nj giants. it also shouldnt be the dallas cowboys, but yet again at least their in the right state.

RZZZA
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM

I'm not saying good teams dont drop games to inferior ones, it just happens TOO OFTEN to the Knicks. Look at the records