PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia should make a move for Chris Paul....would that make them a contender?

TheBatchelor213
02-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I knew Doug Collins took over this team for a reason....there a playoff team, they look good and Brand has got his game back as much as I cant stand the guy.....they have the pieces to make a move for Paul......should they? imo this makes them a legit contender.....input......

facebook.com/iambatch

Raps08-09 Champ
02-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Wha?

Sandman
02-05-2011, 04:12 PM
North Carolina is a good basketball city

Rivera
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
what???

and why did u throw in ur facebook? :laugh2:

i actually think they shouldnt make a move for paul....move iggy for pieces (im not to familiar with philly or there main needs so ill let the 6er fans fill in the blank....but i think they already got a good/great pg jrue holliday is the truth that kid can ball but in my eyes...iggy seems like the "cancer" of that team meaning jrue or evan wont get any better with iggy out there controling the ball

MiamiWadeCounty
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I mean if you add CP3 to their team right now, I'd say they would be around the level of the Hawks. Not true contenders for the title but still a great team. I assume to get CP3 they would have to give up like iggy, jrue, and picks

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I mean if you add CP3 to their team right now, I'd say they would be around the level of the Hawks. Not true contenders for the title but still a great team. I assume to get CP3 they would have to give up like iggy, jrue, and picks

I don't think they have the pieces to get him...

knicks4life33
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
contenderrrr no wayyyyyyy

SpectrumDweller
02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, i'm a 76ers fan, so I'll try to shed some light on this. I love Chris Paul and he would immediately be the best player on our roster by far. That being said, in now way do I think the Sixers should trade for him. Like a previous poster said, he would cost Iguodala and Holiday at least, and then he would still leave when he became a free agent. The Sixers have been playing good basketball and if they make one move at the deadline, it needs to be getting a quality big man who can defend centers. I've heard the names of Kris Humphries and Reggie Evans thrown around and both would satisfy our biggest needs which are interior defense and rebounding. Chris Paul makes absolutely no sense for this team.

bringbackfredex
02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't think they have the pieces to get him...

How do you figure? They have one of the youngest teams in the NBA with alot of young pieces that could be involved in the deal. It would be the Sixers that probably wouldn't be interested unless Paul agreed to sign an extension.

Jrue and Iggy with picks would be more than enough to get that deal done, especially since NO knows they won't be able to keep him passed 2012.

Legit
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Come on man, really?

Legit
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
He's just trying to advertise his music lol...

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
How do you figure? They have one of the youngest teams in the NBA with alot of young pieces that could be involved in the deal. It would be the Sixers that probably wouldn't be interested unless Paul agreed to sign an extension.

Jrue and Iggy with picks would be more than enough to get that deal done, especially since NO knows they won't be able to keep him passed 2012.

I wouldn't do that trade and I believe Hornet would do the same...

yangx620
02-05-2011, 04:43 PM
i wouldn't do it, just the fact that i know cp3 will never play for 76ers if their other stars are elton brand and igluodala

but yeah, i wouldnt do it just the fact that jrue holliday is doing his thing, look at hornets when they got rid of darren collison, who will be their back up now when paul leaves?

yangx620
02-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't do that trade and I believe Hornet would do the same...

for hornets IF that is offered, i would do it, an established vet and promising pg...and throw in a pick..that would seal the deal

PhillyFaninLA
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Jrue Holliday at 20 is better than pretty much any point guard currently in the league at 20 so I wouldn't make a trade that would put him on the bench.

SeoulBeatz
02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
As a Sixers fan, our biggest need is obviously C.

It's gotten so bad that I actually miss having Sammy Dalembert at center.

Spencer Hawes and Tony Battie has got to be the worst C rotation the league, we can't get away with playing Elton and Speights out of position all year.

But yeah, having Paul would not make us a contender, we're a few pieces away at least. I love Cp3 and he is a top 3 PG, but he is unneccesary for this team and the asking price would be steep.

Couple that with the fact that we have a rising young star in Jrue Holiday who is already averaging 14.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.6 apg while being the 2nd youngest player in the NBA still, only behind John Wall.

Since our 3-13 start (worst in the NBA) we have gone 20-13 and are sneaking up on the Knicks for the 6th seed after beating them last night. Sixers are 2-7 in games decided by 5 or less, worst in the NBA. The youth on this team kills us, but no one blows us out. Consider our losses during our current 10-5 run:

Memphis 99-94: Blew a 21 point lead in the last 14 minutes....
Charlotte 100-97: Missed game tying 3 opportunity
Orlando 99-98: Orlando hits TWO 4 point plays in last 4 minutes and with time running out to tie game, and then wins in double OT.
Indiana 111-103: Blew 11 point lead in 2nd half.
Detroit 112-109: led by 3 but Austin Daye ties with time expiring after we had a 17 point lead in the 3rd.

This team just makes too many mistakes, but Doug Collins ahs them playing as hard as any team in the NBA and they have an identity as a stingy, athletic, defensive minded team now.

I like the direction this team is going in, but i have a feeling iggy and brand will be gone, maybe no this season, but in the near future. I think our GM is just measuring our value right now, but moves will be made.... but certainly not for Chris Paul.

abe_froman
02-05-2011, 04:59 PM
for hornets IF that is offered, i would do it, an established vet and promising pg...and throw in a pick..that would seal the deal

why?

if your the hornets,you have a good team.why sink it this year when you dont have to,purposefully missing out on playoff revenue and all the money you generate from cp3?

you can always wait til 2012 to trade him while making fat bank from him being on your team in the meantime...besides i could get better for cp3 than anything philly could offer

goose15
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
to me the Sixers and NO have similar talent so why would Paul go there??

saintdrew
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
What?

What in Gods-Name does Philadelphia have to offer to get Chris Paul?

We just had a thread about Andre Iguodala being at best a 3rd option on a good team. So don't say something like Paul for Iguodala straight up because that would never work.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah, we need a Center more than a PG. Holiday, Turner and Iguodala are fine ball handlers and playmakers. We have no solid play down low other than Brand. Hawes, Speights, Brackins, Battie are all either too young, too old, or too inconsistent.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
What?

What in Gods-Name does Philadelphia have to offer to get Chris Paul?

We just had a thread about Andre Iguodala being at best a 3rd option on a good team. So don't say something like Paul for Iguodala straight up because that would never work.

A package centered around Jrue Holiday + Thad Young + Mareese Speights + 2011 and 2013 1st + EC's is probably one of the best packages they'd get offered.

championships
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I think it would take some of your key players to get Paul. Doing that would still keep you from being contenders.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I think it would take some of your key players to get Paul. Doing that would still keep you from being contenders.

Yup. And still void of a real big man.

It'd be a move to get us a better record, but at the same spot in the playoffs. 6th or 7th seed fighting with the Knicks. The Celtics - Heat - Bulls - Hawks would all still probably be better

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-05-2011, 05:16 PM
lol at this thread:laugh:

SugeKnight
02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Jrue is their future

Lim
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
would make no sense for the sixers to trade for cp3 as others have stated. trading for okafor would make more sense since that is their biggest need atm and he is still relatively young.

bringbackfredex
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
A package centered around Jrue Holiday + Thad Young + Mareese Speights + 2011 and 2013 1st + EC's is probably one of the best packages they'd get offered.

Agreed, whoever believes that the Sixers don't have enough pieces to get Paul clearly don't know what they're talking about.

The Sixers have one of the youngest teams in the league, and have way more to offer than just about any other team. The only problem is that getting CP3 wouldn't solve anything for the Sixers, so it would be us that wouldn't want to make the deal for him unless he signed an extension with us, which he wouldn't.

I actually like what another guy said though about instead of focusing on Paul, going after Okafor instead, who we could get for much cheaper than CP3. At this point center is a much greater position of need for us, and we need to replace Hawes because of how inconsistent he is. Okafor is still relatively young and has improved his play from last year, so I'd be more in favor of this then going after Paul to be honest.

Duddy
02-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Be honest, u made this thread just to have more friends on facebook, right?

LakersA's49ers
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
wtf? would paul want to go there? LOL

kjoke
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
trade for a C is their best option. How about gasol from the griz :shrug:

i for one think they should trade turner for a big man.

bringbackfredex
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
trade for a C is their best option. How about gasol from the griz :shrug:

i for one think they should trade turner for a big man.

You can't trade a player that you drafted to be the future of your franchise at 2 overall only halfway through his rookie year. He's not really getting any minutes right now because of how deep the Sixers are at the 1-3 positions, and if they ever traded Iguodala (which is a strong possibility before the end of his contract), having Turner on the team would be crucial. The guy has a very bright future, he just has a few parts of his game that he needs to work on to put him above guys like Lou Will, Meeks, and Thad.

The only way that I would ever even think about trading ET is if we got a top of the line big man in return, and as you all know that would never happen because of how hard they are to come by in this league. So my conclusion on ET for Gasol is no thanks, Gasol is solid but definitely not worth ET at this point.

aussie
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
cp3 won't leave nola

NJ Raven
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Jrue+Iggy+Nocioni for CP3+Emeka sounds pretty fair.

NJ Raven
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
cp3 won't leave nola

I wish it weren't true, but I feel like its inevitable.

bholly
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I almost can't believe this thread.

Philly shouldn't, wouldn't, and probably couldn't trade for CP3. I can't believe people are actually discussing it.

Mplsman
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM

this.

JB0B0
02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
They would not be a contender with Paul. Boston, Miami, and Chicago would still be better.

TehSamurai
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
:facepalm:

Why would the Hornets want to end their season for no reason by trading Chris Paul?

Trace
02-06-2011, 02:39 AM
LOL NO? Philly lacks offense not playmaking...

PhillyPhan1992
02-06-2011, 02:50 AM
as a sixers fan i think i thik drue holliday is gonna be a stud pg and they need a center not a guard

More-Than-Most
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
No... Why would we trade Holiday for cp3??? Cp3 is great but Holiday has a massive ceiling and has been great this year with a less than stellar cast. Our best bet is to let Holiday mature and try to get out of Brand/Iggy contracts. I loved when we got Holiday in the draft and at the time thought it was a steal and have been happy with his play so far.

Let Holiday become great
Let young continue to progress
See where Speights goes
Let Turner turn into a great player

This is the 4 things the sixers need to allow to happen and they have the advantage of time because of how young we are. These players should be at their best when we are done with Brands contract. Let them mature under collins and sign a big time free agent when we get out of Brand.

Gators123
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Uhh, What?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2011, 02:58 AM
I almost can't believe this thread.

Philly shouldn't, wouldn't, and probably couldn't trade for CP3. I can't believe people are actually discussing it.

Not sure why people think we cant... We could very easily offer up a great package for cp3 but it would be pointless to do so.

A package of Iggy/Holiday and a pick would get it done. I just dont see the point of getting rid of a young guard with a massive ceiling for an older guard that is great... We would be in the same boat we are now

Dade County
02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
lol at this thread:laugh:

Thank you sir :phew:

Buffoons on PSD.

PhillyPhan1992
02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
No... Why would we trade Holiday for cp3??? Cp3 is great but Holiday has a massive ceiling and has been great this year with a less than stellar cast. Our best bet is to let Holiday mature and try to get out of Brand/Iggy contracts. I loved when we got Holiday in the draft and at the time thought it was a steal and have been happy with his play so far.

Let Holiday become great
Let young continue to progress
See where Speights goes
Let Turner turn into a great player

This is the 4 things the sixers need to allow to happen and they have the advantage of time because of how young we are. These players should be at their best when we are done with Brands contract. Let them mature under collins and sign a big time free agent when we get out of Brand.

exactly we just need a good center.we need to stop going with old players like elton brand,chris webber etc and get young..remember how the phillies got good?but i dont know if evan turner will work in this offense but he needs time

Crackadalic
02-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Off topic: Does anybody feel like this has become the wwe with players coming to the east. Like Smackdown stars going to Monday night Raw?

Back on topic. They have enough young pieces to peek the hornets interest but idk if they'll actually do it

Shkelqim
02-06-2011, 11:31 AM

Wait until you lose that 6th spot:D

We have a better chance then Knicks, don't think you should say much.

Williams shoots bricks:D:D:D

magichatnumber9
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
what???

i actually think they shouldnt make a move for paul....move iggy for pieces (im not to familiar with philly or there main needs so ill let the 6er fans fill in the blank....but i think they already got a good/great pg jrue holliday is the truth that kid can ball but in my eyes...iggy seems like the "cancer" of that team meaning jrue or evan wont get any better with iggy out there controling the ballI've heard similar

Sixerlover
02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Iguodala is far from a cancer to the team. He's playing the best ball of his career as of late, gets other players involved (Best A / TO ratio of any non PG), and is encouraging players like Turner and Jrue. Eddy Curry is a cancer, Ron Artest was a cancer, Iguodala is far from that.

yanksrock
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Hell to the no.

joeboow90
02-06-2011, 12:11 PM
the 76ers have a losing record.....why would they be trading for chris paul. theres no way they acquire cp3 it makes no sense. The hornets are actually playing very good this season after a bad year last year. theres no way theyre trading paul especially not for Iguodala

yanksrock
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Wait until you lose that 6th spot:D

We have a better chance then Knicks, don't think you should say much.

Williams shoots bricks:D:D:D

That doesn't change the fact they can not become contenders by adding Paul.:rolleyes:

Plus hopefully the Knicks get Melo very soon and then you can have the sixth seed. Because the Knicks are gonna go up in the standings when they get him.

pd1dish
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
what???

i actually think they shouldnt make a move for paul....move iggy for pieces (im not to familiar with philly or there main needs so ill let the 6er fans fill in the blank....but i think they already got a good/great pg jrue holliday is the truth that kid can ball but in my eyes...iggy seems like the "cancer" of that team meaning jrue or evan wont get any better with iggy out there controling the ball

yeah i thought sixer fans were all over jrue holiday thinking he would end up developing into a premier PG. im with you, idk really anything about the sixers but i do know that if philly guts the team and goes into rebuild mode around CP3, which is what it would take, you might just end up being like the hornets are now. they would have to trade away igoudala and holiday taking away 2 starters. ET hasnt played well at all this year and i dont think brand is that great of a player.

SirDJ
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Jrue has shown he has the tools to become a premier PG and hes 20... Dont get me wrong, CP3 is one of the best in the game but he would be out come 12 anyway..

besides, wed have 2 give up jrue, iggy, and picks and that would leave us with a lineup of CP3/Turner/Thad/Brand/Hawes.. Our frontcourt would still get terrorized..

This team is a quality center away from being dangerous, and getting an upgrade (no matter how good he is) at PG is not needed if it puts the rest of our team in a tailspin.

EaglesJackson10
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
We have a point guard. I would love Chris Paul but it wouldn't even make us a contender since we would have to give up one of our good players. We have a chance in a first round playoff series if we can get the 6 seed but we are not contenders in the east. BTW everyone Sixers are a lot better than their record right now. They have beaten Chicago and Orlando. Could of easily beaten Boston and are playing better now then they were when they beat all of those teams. The reason their record is so bad is because they suck in close games and they started off the season horribly.

nolafan33
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Why would the Hornets trade Chris Paul in the middle of a playoff season? Please use your heads people...

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
NO with CP3 has a much better chance at a ring than Philly with CP3 so.....

king4day
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Contender yes, but first round (maybe 2nd) exit.
But the question is, why would the Hornets consider trading him when they are having a very good season with a real shot to come out of the West this year.

TheBatchelor213
02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I still think CP3 makes you guys contnders

Bornknick73
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I was real impressed with the Sixers the last time we played them. The first time we played them i missed the game but i got to see the last 2 and the Sixers were a great gritty team to watch. During some stretches i was watching the sixers more than i was watching the knicks.

They play almost frenetic. Very fast, stop and go. Their quickness jumped out of the screen. Lou Williams has impressed me a lot the boy has some big game in him, hes just not afraid of anything. Im sold on the Sixers, they have speed quickness height defense rebounds. They could use shooters. Evans could emerge as that shooter. I think they have a lot of good pieces to work with. I think Paul would make them very very good.

tangent12
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Riiiiiight, because Philly is only one move away from becoming a contender..

lol...

ironman9518
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
why would we get cp3?...we have jrue

MickeyMgl
02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
A contender for what? The playoffs? Yeah.

WizFan3
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
theys give up alot to get so id go with no they prob be worse

WizFan3
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
lou will would deff be gone

Sixerlover
02-08-2011, 11:28 PM
How this thread got to 5 pages is beyond me lol

mttwlsn16
02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
playoffs? yes. but wouldnt stand a chance against orlando, atlanta, nyk, heat, celtics, bulls

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2011, 12:27 AM
playoffs? yes. but wouldnt stand a chance against orlando, atlanta, nyk, heat, celtics, bulls

Call me a homer but I think the Sixers match up with the knicks pretty well. We're 2-1 against them this year and we just demolished the Hawks tonight 117-83 today (after losing to them earlier in the year after blowing 14 point lead in 4th).

Sixers aren't anywhere contenders, but they aren't a team i'd like to play in the 1st round either...

EaglesJackson10
02-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Saying that the Sixers don't stand a chance against the Knicks or Hawks is a joke. I would actually expect them to win a series against these teams but it doesn't matter because they won't player either of them in the first round. They dug way too deep of a hole to get the 5 seed. The 6 seed isn't impossible but we will have to play chicago or orlando if we get the 6 anyway.