PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Need Not Worry About All-Star Snubs

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Do the Bulls deserve to have four all-stars? Yes. So does Boston, and so does LA, but not everybody who deserves be on the team can be on the team.

Right now chicago is posting a great record, and right now has one of the most impressive front court rotations in the league. With Booser and Noah both posting double-digit rebounds, and Deng, Thomas and Gibson all pulling in about 6, and Rose being one of the better rebounding point guars, the Bulls have one of the deepest rebounding teams, espcially considering how impressive Johnson's and Asik's per-minute rebounding stats are.

So I'm curious: Are Chicago fans upset about the All-Star snubs, or are they too excited at the prospect of showing up some of the most talked about teams in the east (Miami, Boston and Orlando).

As a guy who isn't a chi-town fan, even I am excited to see what this team can pull off in a series against Boston or Orlando, and while I feel bad about Noah and Boozer's all-star snubs, I have to say, I'm excited to see these guys show fans what they got when the playoffs roll around.

So: Down about the snubs? Or too excited about how well the team is playing to be concerned?

Rivera
02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
the bulls deserve 4 all stars :laugh2: wow bulls fans never seize to amaze me

boozer hasnt played enough games to warrant being an allstar

noah was on pace to become the backup C but he got hurt and has been out it seems like forever now

who else are ur all stars??? keith bogans? kyle korver? taj gibson? luol deng? :laugh2:

and if u do put deng who are u taking out??? cause every allstar on the east is better than deng

ManRam
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Didn't you make a thread about Boston having four all-stars, that basically consisted of this topic too? Oh yeah...you posted your thread and then ran away without backing anything up. Gonna do that here too?

No, Chicago doesn't deserve more than 1 all-star. Boozer is the closest thing, but he missed a ton of time. Deng, no way. Noah...he's hurt. How can you say any of those three deserve it over any player currently on the roster?

Let's move on. There are zero snubs on Chicago's roster.

Please Bulls fans, be concerned with beating the top teams in the East, and not this junk.

Ray_R
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Do the Bulls deserve to have four all-stars? Yes. So does Boston, and so does LA, but not everybody who deserves be on the team can be on the team.

Right now chicago is posting a great record, and right now has one of the most impressive front court rotations in the league. With Booser and Noah both posting double-digit rebounds, and Deng, Thomas and Gibson all pulling in about 6, and Rose being one of the better rebounding point guars, the Bulls have one of the deepest rebounding teams, espcially considering how impressive Johnson's and Asik's per-minute rebounding stats are.

So I'm curious: Are Chicago fans upset about the All-Star snubs, or are they too excited at the prospect of showing up some of the most talked about teams in the east (Miami, Boston and Orlando).

As a guy who isn't a chi-town fan, even I am excited to see what this team can pull off in a series against Boston or Orlando, and while I feel bad about Noah and Boozer's all-star snubs, I have to say, I'm excited to see these guys show fans what they got when the playoffs roll around.

So: Down about the snubs? Or too excited about how well the team is playing to be concerned?

Im not really upset.I knew Boozer had a slim chance to get in and knew Noah had no chance. Boozer was injured for the beggining of the season and Noah has missed plenty of games since boozer return.

Im more excited to see what a healthy Noah and Boozer front court would be able to do.

kjoke
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
lmaO

Southsideheat
02-05-2011, 11:48 AM
If the Bulls truly have only 1 all-star, then Derrick Rose has to be the mid-season MVP.

Ray_R
02-05-2011, 11:48 AM

noah was on pace to become the backup C but he got hurt and has been out it seems like forever now

who else are ur all stars??? keith bogans? kyle korver? taj gibson? luol deng? :laugh2:

and if u do put deng who are u taking out??? cause every allstar on the east is better than deng

I guess you can't read?

hoggin88
02-05-2011, 11:55 AM

People should probably read the whole post.

Hawkize31
02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Bulls truly have only 1 all-star, then Derrick Rose has to be the mid-season MVP.

:facepalm:

Southsideheat
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM

It's either that or that the Bulls deserve at least another all-star. Not that i care either way.

kjoke
02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
It's either that or that the Bulls deserve at least another all-star. Not that i care either way.

translation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23kmhc3P8U

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 12:09 PM
do the bulls deserve to have four all-stars?

no.

DeyAce
02-05-2011, 12:12 PM
They would have 4 if Boozer and Noah didn't get hurt. Deng is playing at an all star level.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 12:16 PM
They would have 4 if Boozer and Noah didn't get hurt. Deng is playing at an all star level.

I saw one great IF today too:

"If Boykins would have been taller he be the most dominant player ever."

ManRam
02-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Do you think any of those three...mainly Deng, deserve it over any other player on the roster? Playing at an "all-star level" and deserving to be an all-star aren't synonymous.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 12:20 PM

He wasnt beating Paul Pierce for SF position.

Muttman73
02-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Can't speak for all Bulls fans, but I'm not. These guys need some time off, the real seson starts soon and I'd rather have them fresh.

Southsideheat
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I think Boozer deserves it over Bosh. He's only played 16 less games this year.

heatking
02-05-2011, 12:25 PM
If your not good enough to make the allstar team you shouldnt make it, its that simple. Bulls have noone good enough outside of rose to make the team.

SteBO
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I think Boozer deserves it over Bosh. He's only played 16 less games this year.
16 less games is a big difference. CB1 deserves it. He's too important to Miami, bt that's not to say Boozer isn't good enough. He made it last year.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
If your not good enough to make the allstar team you shouldnt make it, its that simple. Bulls have noone good enough outside of rose to make the team.

Boozer is good enough, that's why he is the main snub in the East.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Boozer thats about it, Noah is not a complete player. He basically only rebounds doesnt really have an offensive game.

Hiphopopotamus
02-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah as a Bulls fan I don't think they deserve anymore, that being said it makes Rose and the Bulls record that much more impressive. The Bulls are within inches (recordwise, at least) of a team with 4 all stars and a team with 3 all stars, that's amazing considering they only have 1. It also speaks to Thibs' COY campaign.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 12:36 PM
If Noah was healthy he probably would have made it. But he's not so he didn't. Deng didn't deserve it over Pierce. Deng has a .1 lead in defensive win shares and is a better offensive rebounder. Pirece beats him in every other category. Boozer over KG would be a good debate if Boozer hadn't played in just 75% as many games as KG has. Even then, KG being arguably the best defender in the NBA this year probably would have made him more deserving despite Boozer's edge in per game #s.

The Bull have no snubs. They have 3 good players in Booz, Noah, and Deng, but they just don't deserve to be all stars this year.

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:37 PM
LOL@ the people saying boozer isn't good enough. he was on the all star team in the west when the west were stacked at that position. he also played on the redeem team. come on now, but I'd rather he sit and rest for the second half when I think about it.

killbumdeluxe13
02-05-2011, 12:39 PM
cant be too uspet because i feel like the games missed to injury really hurt boozer and noah's all star chances. doesn't matter though the team is playing well and having a top 5 record in the league with only 1 all star should boost DRose's MVP status.

Hiphopopotamus
02-05-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL@ the people saying boozer isn't good enough. he was on the all star team in the west when the west were stacked at that position. he also played on the redeem team. come on now, but I'd rather he sit and rest for the second half when I think about it.

I completely agree he is good enough. I think the missed games hurt. But like I said I think it strengthens DRose's MVP case.

Southsideheat
Yes, Noah and Boozer will be nice and fresh come playoff time.

DoMeFavors

Besides Pao Gasol and Dirk who was a better PF than him in the west?

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM

duncan was good. aldridge was good and also amare

Hiphopopotamus
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Duncan (at least as listed on the all star ballot)

Rego247
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Boozer is good enough, that's why he is the main snub in the East.

this.

nitric
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Ah, this only helps Rose in the MVP race

USAF_AMMO
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM
The Bulls have a couple players that were close... But, the biggest crime is Garnett and Pierce being on the team, and Horford and Granger being left off.

I agree that Pierce, Horford, and Granger all do deserve to be there over Deng/Boozer. But, Garnett on the other hand, does not deserve to be there over any of them.

ManRam
02-05-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure most people here are saying that if there is a snub, it might be Boozer.

The thing that puts the nail in the coffin for him is games played...especially since his numbers aren't really that much more spectacular than the three reserve forwards. Boozer has played 30 games, compared to 46, 40 and 49 for the three reserves that made it. If his stats were much better, he might be able to squeak in...but they aren't all that better than Bosh, KG or Pierce's. He has improved his team...but again, those games missed make it hard for him to get in.

You can call him a snub, I guess, but in no way was he robbed or anything. It doesn't seem like anyone has a beef with it outside of Bulls fans honestly. Which is fine...

Hiphopopotamus
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Remember there are only 3 teams with better records than the Bulls right now and they all have multiple all stars....respect Rose

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
The Bulls have a couple players that were close... But, the biggest crime is Garnett and Pierce being on the team, and Horford and Granger being left off.

I agree that Pierce, Horford, and Granger all do deserve to be there over Deng/Boozer. But, Garnett on the other hand, does not deserve to be there over any of them.

horford made the team

Rivera
02-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I guess you can't read?

yea i can..

Do the Bulls deserve to have four all-stars? Yes.

thats all i need to read....and if this is a question for bulls fans only since he isnt a bulls fan this belongs in the BULLS forum.....

he already asked this same question yesterday about does boston deserve 4 all stars....yet he has failed to mention 1 person who got snubbed in the east with facts to back that up

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure most people here are saying that if there is a snub, it might be Boozer.

The thing that puts the nail in the coffin for him is games played...especially since his numbers aren't really that much more spectacular than the three reserve forwards. Boozer has played 30 games, compared to 46, 40 and 49 for the three reserves that made it. If his stats were much better, he might be able to squeak in...but they aren't all that better than Bosh, KG or Pierce's. He has improved his team...but again, those games missed make it hard for him to get in.

You can call him a snub, I guess, but in no way was he robbed or anything. It doesn't seem like anyone has a beef with it outside of Bulls fans honestly. Which is fine...

I dont disagree with this at all. I mean he missed time, that's ok but for people to say he's not good enough to make it is just plain dumb. of course boozer has the talent and the stats to make it. he just missed some games like you said.

Hoopsadvocate
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
LMAO i stoped reading after the 1st sentence.

4 All stars?? really? :laugh:

Nobody deserves 4 but the celtics come close so its not a shocker but thats it.

:laugh: Deng an all star :laugh: noah an all star :laugh:

heatking
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Im sorry but Granger does not deserve to be anywhere close to the allstar team this year.

hgtiger32
02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
haha bulls fans are funny

Shmontaine
02-05-2011, 01:23 PM
inserting foot...

Cubs Win
02-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Record-wise, I think the Bulls deserve more than one all-star. But based on the situation, I can understand why we only got one. With Noah hurt now and Boozer missing a good chunk of time before, it would have been tough to put them on the squad. The only other option would be Deng. And while he's been great, it's always tough to make the team over someone like Pierce who has all-star appearances under his belt already.

Reversed86Curse
02-05-2011, 01:31 PM

Why? There are plenty of teams that have one all-star that have decent records at the break. Bulls have a bunch of good role players, some of them playing at an all-star level, to compliment Rose, which is why they are winning.

SteBO
02-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I dont disagree with this at all. I mean he missed time, that's ok but for people to say he's not good enough to make it is just plain dumb. of course boozer has the talent and the stats to make it. he just missed some games like you said.
Another factor is the attention. In relative measure, CHI gets no attention. The focus is all on Miami. It's why I never had an inkling of doubt Bosh was going to be a reserve. Boozer is important to the Bulls, bt you and I both know that Rose is the ultimate figure here. No disrespect to Boozer, he has the All-Star talent, bt I believe Bosh has proven to be more important to the Heat, and the coaches see that.

Reversed86Curse
02-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Ah, this only helps Rose in the MVP race

Every team has players playing 'at an all-star level' that got left off, doubt they take that into consideration when they vote for MVP. Pretty sure they'll look at the overall talent beside candidates before the meaningless all-star game

NYKnicks4511
02-05-2011, 01:38 PM

I almost always try to lay off the Bulls fan 'bashing,' but come on now, I hope you're not serious.

Chicago "deserves" 1 All Star and one All Star ONLY this year, and that's Rose.

Boozer might have been an All Star if he had stayed healthy, but his production is only based on 30 games. If the season was only as long as the first 30 games played, then Amar'e Stoudemire would be the League MVP.

Noah would have had a chance as well (maybe better than Boozer), but likely wouldn't have made it over the likes of Horford/KG. His stats are only through 24 games as well. While I appreciate a 14 and 11 rebs 2 blk center, I don't think he would have gotten in this year.

Luol Deng? If you consider Luol Deng to be playing at an 'All Star level', then Wilson Chandler is also playing at an all star level. But I'm a realist here, and 17 and 6 boards is NOT All-Star worthy!

While the BUlls may have multiple All Stars in the future, it's a ludicrous statement to say they should have more than ONE, not to mention FOUR.

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Another factor is the attention. In relative measure, CHI gets no attention. The focus is all on Miami. It's why I never had an inkling of doubt Bosh was going to be a reserve. Boozer is important to the Bulls, bt you and I both know that Rose is the ultimate figure here. No disrespect to Boozer, he has the All-Star talent, bt I believe Bosh has proven to be more important to the Heat, and the coaches see that.

yeah I know, its no big deal really. I just laugh at the people that say boozer isnt good enough to make the team. of course he is.

Chicagofaithful
02-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Boozer thats about it, Noah is not a complete player. He basically only rebounds doesnt really have an offensive game.

thats not true. Maybe when he first came in the league, but you'd only make that comment if you didn't watch him and only played fantasy bball. He was averaging 14 points before he got injured this year. He can use both hands around the basket and his mid range J was falling with consistency

Insane
02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
This is kind of funny, It's like when Earl Boykins misses a shot the announcer says He Comes Up Short.

Yeah it's funny, but it gets old, this is why we contine to hate the Chicago community on PSD, 4 all stars. Come on whats wrong with you

bulls_world23
02-05-2011, 01:49 PM

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
This is kind of funny, It's like when Earl Boykins misses a shot the announcer says He Comes Up Short.

Yeah it's funny, but it gets old, this is why we contine to hate the Chicago community on PSD, 4 all stars. Come on whats wrong with you

the OP said he's not a Chicago fan.

This is why I continue to hate people who don't comprehend what they read, your mother should have swallowed you :up:

Hustlenomics
02-05-2011, 02:48 PM

if that's the case dwight howard and wade would have won mvp by now

bovice163
02-05-2011, 02:50 PM
if that's the case dwight howard and wade would have won mvp by now

And I'm sure they would have if there wasn't a guy named LeBron who carried the Cavaliers.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I am fine with Deng and Boozer not playing in it. Those two are the most injury prone players on the team and I wouldn't want them playing in a game that doesn't matter.

Insane
02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
the OP said he's not a Chicago fan.

This is why I continue to hate people who don't comprehend what they read, your mother should have swallowed you :up:

Then why would he POST a thread stating you guys should have 4 all stars that's absurd.

StriveGreatness
02-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Do yourself a favor and put DoMeFavors on your ignore list. Saves a lot of trouble.

kjoke
02-05-2011, 03:06 PM
its one game.... its not as if this is goiing to keep 'boozer and noah' fresh for the playoffs like everyones excuse is here. if boozer and noah had played more games, it would have been interesting.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 03:15 PM
If I see one more person say that Pierce made it over Deng because of his reputaton, I'm going to puke.

Points/Game: Deng - 17.8, Pierce - 19.0
Offensive Rebounds/Game: Deng - 1.6, Pierce - 0.4
Defensive Rebounds/Game: Deng - 4.6, Pierce - 4.6 (Tied)
Assist/Game: Deng - 2.5, Pierce - 3.2
Shooting%: Deng - 45.4, Pierce - 51.0
3 PT Shooting%: Deng - 35.3, Pierce 41.1
FT%: Deng - 73.2, Pierce - 84.8
Steals/Game: Deng - 0.8, Pierce - 1.0
Turnovers/Game: Deng - 2.0, Pierce - 1.9
Minutes/Game: Deng - 39.2, Pierce - 34.5
PER: Deng - 15.2, Pierce - 20.1
TS%: Deng - 54.4, Pierce - 62.4
eFG%: Deng - 50.5, Pierce - 56.7
Defensive Win Shares: Deng - 3.1, Pierce - 3.0
Offensive Win Shares: Deng - 2.4, Pierce - 4.4
Defensive Rating: Deng - 102, Pierce - 101

Deng is a better offensive rebounder than Pierce and according to defensive win shares is a slightly better defender (though Pierce gives up one less point per 100 possesions according to their defensive rating stats). The biggest edge Deng has is in minutes played. To play an extra 5 minutes per game is an important # IMO. But it doesn't even come close to evening the gap between them in virtually every other area.

RIPSweetness34
02-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Really? Because they have won 24 of the last 30 games and are one of the best teams in the league since Boozer has come back and averaged 20/10. But hey, Bosh deserves it over him since he has LBJ and D Wade to back him up, supposedly 2 of the best players in the league. Amazes me how everyone else is so deserving unless they are wearing a Bulls uniform.

Geargo Wallace
02-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Moss this Moss that. Everyone here needs to chill.

You can make a case for a lot of players to be an all star... but the Bulls don't have 4.

Dade County
02-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Thank you sir :clap: (this is towards the person that started this topic, not bulls fans)

JasonJohnHorn = :facepalm::facepalm:

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Boozer has a legitimate case. I think that a fine argument could be made for him over KG or Bosh. But he hasn't played enough IMO. He has played 10 games less than KG and 16 less than Bosh. At this point in the season, that's a pretty huge difference.

Same thing w/ Noah - if his #s were being put up over a full season than a case could be made for him as well.

knicks4life33
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
celtics dont deserve four and bulls if healthy get 2 . east has two many good players ahead of boozer at foward to make it this year and that leaves noah to make it if he was healthy at center .

ChiBulls91
02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Do you think any of those three...mainly Deng, deserve it over any other player on the roster? Playing at an "all-star level" and deserving to be an all-star aren't synonymous.

that's the dumbest thing(excluding all the clearly ignorant comments) i've ever read on here. please explain...

yangx620
02-05-2011, 03:45 PM
all stars is a joke, its not about having 3 guys from a winning team...thats ********, give the guy who is actually deserving in the game, they are freshed instead of has beens like the bosdton big three..screw the all star it sucks

yangx620
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
celtics dont deserve four and bulls if healthy get 2 . east has two many good players ahead of boozer at foward to make it this year and that leaves noah to make it if he was healthy at center .

only kg and rondo deserve the all star for celtics,
bosh didnt deserve it but since east sucks at big men then i guess

BkOriginalOne
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Boozer was injured for the most of the season, so 2.5 months of basketball shouldn't give you an all star nod.
Noah, on the other hand, has been out for the past 6 weeks so no way he makes the team.
Bulls, 4 all stars though? That's kind of while. I say 3 Max, Rose, Noah and Boozer is all they can ever offer to the game.

Avenged
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I know you (the OP) wants to be seen as unbias but there is also a limit between being unbias and logical in my opinion.. The Bulls DO NOT deserve 4 all-stars, that's just silly talk. They deserve ONE all-star and (maybe) 2 in Boozer but he has only played 30 games or so.

The Lakers were also mentioned and they certainly do not deserve 4.. Kobe/Gasol and (maybe) Odom.. although there are others more deserving than him.

Anyways, the Bulls have a great record despite only having 1 all-star. That just goes to show how complete they are and how great Rose is.

Doogolas
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Boozer didn't make it over Bosh cause he played in only 30 games.

Deng didn't make it over Pierce because Pierce is having an absolutely outrageously amazing season.

Noah has been hurt more than half the year.

Thomas has no offensive game.

LolBogans.

Bulls had 1 All-Star, even if a couple more guys played at very high levels, there were reasons they didn't get in.

PurpleJesus28
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
i dont think we deserve 4 all-stars quite frankly.

boozers been playing great, but he's missed too much time to be considered.
noah - same as boozer, is he even supposed to be back before the all-star break??
dengs been playing great and im ecstatic about that, but i dont think its necessarily all-star worthy. he's the only other one that id think would have had a realistic chance, but im not angry over the "snub"

abe_froman
02-05-2011, 04:02 PM

me? no.i refer you to my sig

cubswin25
02-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Do you think any of those three...mainly Deng,

Yes Deng was very worthly. He's averaging 17.8 a game and 6.2 rebounds. Who is also playing really good defense. He should have made it over Bosh who is only averaging 18.3 and 8.1 rebounds. Or Garnett who scores 15 a game and gets 8.9 rebounds. The East should have left one of those guys off the list for Deng IMO. Especialy when you compare Deng AST numbers to those guys to make up for the difference in rebounding.

Bulls have noone good enough outside of rose to make the team.

That's crap, because both Boozer and Noah were good enough to make it and only didn't because of injury. Deng should have too, but got screwed because he's not a big name flashly player like the other guys.

Noah is not a complete player. He basically only rebounds doesn't really have an offensive game

The C position isn't what it was 15 years ago. Dwight Howard and maybe Brook Lopez have good offensive games. Most of them are guys like Noah who rebound and score garbage points. Noah did start developing a mid range jump shot which is why his scoring was up. Keep in mind Noah was averaging 14 points per game before he got hurt. So Noah might not be a great offensive player but he finds ways to get points. But yes he's a very good rebounder, solid defender and the energy he brings to the team is very valuable.

Deng an all star noah an all star

Yep look at the numbers.

Luol Deng? If you consider Luol Deng to be playing at an 'All Star level', then Wilson Chandler is also playing at an all star level. But I'm a realist here, and 17 and 6 boards is NOT All-Star worthy!

Chandler is having a good season, but not as good as Deng. Right now Deng is averaging 1.3 more per game, has better AST, rebounding, less turnovers, more steals. Plus is playing much better defense. If Chandler was as good as Deng at all those things, should have made the team over Bosh or Garnett then. Who's both aren't exactly putting up allstar level numbers.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:04 PM
i dont think we deserve 4 all-stars quite frankly.

boozers been playing great, but he's missed too much time to be considered.
noah - same as boozer, is he even supposed to be back before the all-star break??
dengs been playing great and im ecstatic about that, but i dont think its necessarily all-star worthy. he's the only other one that id think would have had a realistic chance, but im not angry over the "snub"

This. Booz and Noah are out because of injury. Can't be rewarded for great play unless you actually play enough. Deng, while having a good season, is just not as deserving as the other options. There are more good players than there are AS spots - not every good player can get in.

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2011, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=ManRamForPrez24;16600940]Didn't you make a thread about Boston having four all-stars, that basically consisted of this topic too? Oh yeah...you posted your thread and then ran away without backing anything up. Gonna do that here too? /[QUOTE]

OUch! That's harsh. lol

I didn't have a position to defend in the Boston thread. I said I was of two minds and was asking fellow fans what they thought was more important in regards to making an all-star team: Helping a team to success, or personal stats? I didn't have to back anything up there.

As for this thread, I'm asking fans if they are upset about snubs, or too excited about how their team is doing to be concenred about this.

As for deserving to be on the all-star team:

Deng's defence and all around game (35% from behind the arc, nearly 7 boards a game, and 2.5 assists from a guy who doesn't bring the ball up are all great numbers and and he's scoring more than several of the guys on the E.A.S.T.

Boozer is posting naer 20/10 numbers and those are all-star calibre numbers in anybody's book.

Noah is posting the 5th highest rebounding average in the league. Nothing to laugh at, and he is posting nearly 1.5 steals and blocks per game, impressive defensive stats to go along with his great post defence. He is scoring near 15 a game at over .500 and unlike the starting center for the east, has more assists than he does turnovers!

There is an arguement to be made to place any of these three players ahead of Bosh or Garnett, who are both being out scored and/or rebounded by these guys, and are better play makers than Bosh (1.5 assists a game?).

These guys, along with Rose are as good as just about any of the All-stars on the team's reserve squad (I think the fans voted on the right starters) and are equally (I say equally, not more) deserving than many who are on the team.

Dude, I'm just trying to show a little love, and you just jumpin' in here hating and trying to act like an @$$. Next time, read through before you try to make somebody look like an @$$, or you'll end up making yourself look like the uneducated, igrnorant, reactionary fool you are.

And if you are so sure I'm a fool, I'll tell you what. If Chi-town meets Orlando in the playoffs and loses the series, I'll let you write a sig for me and put whatever you want in it about me being a fool.

Hiphopopotamus
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I know you (the OP) wants to be seen as unbias but there is also a limit between being unbias and logical in my opinion.. The Bulls DO NOT deserve 4 all-stars, that's just silly talk. They deserve ONE all-star and (maybe) 2 in Boozer but he has only played 30 games or so.

The Lakers were also mentioned and they certainly do not deserve 4.. Kobe/Gasol and (maybe) Odom.. although there are others more deserving than him.

Anyways, the Bulls have a great record despite only having 1 all-star. That just goes to show how complete they are and how great Rose is.

Exactly. Avenged you are usually on point my friend.

For people bashing Bulls fans get it together....Bulls fans clearly don't think (in general) that we deserve 4 AS, 2 yes...but 4 no. And 1 AS only, as has been said this cements what PSD Dbags refuse to see...Rose is the man.

The Smurf
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
all stars is a joke, its not about having 3 guys from a winning team...thats ********, give the guy who is actually deserving in the game, they are freshed instead of has beens like the bosdton big three..screw the all star it sucks

i agree. 4 Celtics is laughable. Bosh making it because he is "important" is stupid. The Bulls only deserve 1 all-star, though. If Booz or Noah had played the whole season one of them would have made the team. They werent, though.

MJ-BULLS
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM

deng was deserving of a all star bid this year. but it seems like he always goes unnoticed in the world of the nba.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
deng was deserving of a all star bid this year. but it seems like he always goes unnoticed in the world of the nba.

Over who?

goose15
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Bulls deserve one all-star (Rose)

Noah and Boozer are good, but missed to many games..

Deng :laugh::laugh::laugh:

yangx620
02-05-2011, 04:22 PM
i would take deng over allen or pierce, similiar freaking stats...

but boozer and noah would have been all stars BUT missed too many games

and rose is just ridiculous ( not much is needed)

JordansBulls
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
One allstar is fine by me. Last time the Bulls only had one guy make the allstar team that started was in 1998 and we won it all then.:)

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
i would take deng over allen or pierce, similiar freaking stats...

Ray is a G, so him and Deng really are not competitors for the same spot.

And Pierce and Deng do not have similar #s:

Pierce is better in practically every category. No legitimate argument can be made for Deng over Pierce.

Branwegner84
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Noah would have been one, Boozer could have been one, Deng is having a great year, but not as good as Pierce. IMO, Bosh isn't haven't a All Star year, but who cares. Bulls have a one All star, a MVP candidate, and one the best records in the East.

yangx620
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
we might as well just call the nba all stars the heats, celtics, hawks and lakers and spurs show

yangx620
02-05-2011, 04:37 PM
guys that were snubbed badly - monta ellis, eric gordon, kevin martin, Lamarcus Aldrige, bargnani more deserving than bosh

and the list goes on...the all star is about the time when the league has a chance to showcase their young talents who are more deserving than the older guys like kg, duncan, allen, buit since this is a has been league it will never change, forget the record for the all stars, we as true fans want to see the best of the best that will make the game as entertaining as possible

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I think Boozer would have been worthy if he had enough games played. But not over KG - over Bosh instead. His advanced #s are worse than KG's or Boozer's.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
guys that were snubbed badly - monta ellis, eric gordon, kevin martin, Lamarcus Aldrige, bargnani more deserving than bosh

and the list goes on...the all star is about the time when the league has a chance to showcase their young talents who are more deserving than the older guys like kg, duncan, allen, buit since this is a has been league it will never change, forget the record for the all stars, we as true fans want to see the best of the best that will make the game as entertaining as possible

knicks4life33
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
i think noah would of made it if he played more games but boozer woulda had more harder time with people ahead of him

knicks4life33
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
who knows some1 might get injured and there might be a innjury replacement

finalverse
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM

and if u do put deng who are u taking out??? cause every allstar on the east is better than dengBoozer and Deng deserved to be in serious contention, anyone who doesn't realize that is probably a hater. But even with that said, why is it that everytime a thread is made about the Bulls we have thin skinned people who can't handle it. Does it get under your skin that much? The guy wasn't trash talking nor was he being an ***. He made a legitimate point about a team who has one of the better records in the entire NBA. The Celtics get 4 guys and the Bulls can't even get 2? Seriously...people need to shut the **** up and stop hating on the Bulls.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I just looked up the #s - Horford is more deserving than Noah. Boozer's #s would have earned him the nod over Bosh though.

Jonathan2323
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I never see a team have such a great record and be so irrelevant. Thats not trash talk its the truth.

Sir Buckets
02-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I never see a team have such a great record and be so irrelevant. Thats not trash talk its the truth.Irrelevant isn't the word. It's more like "overlooked" or "underappreciated". It's understandable I guess, what with the Heat thing happening over the summer. For years Bulls fans/other people we're saying "if they only had a post presence..."

Well, we have one of the best in the league now. We had some other solid pickups in FA as well. But after the 3 queens joined up in Miami it's really easy to be like "oh, they only got Boozer"

Obviously I'm upset that we don't have more representation at the ASG. But it's not the end of the world, lol. What matters is we have a superstar-caliber player (Rose), 2 All Star-caliber players (Boozer, Noah), and Deng, who's playing at a fringe All Star level. Who cares what the other fans/coaches who voted think. Our record speaks for itself.

AND, as someone else already pointed out, this only solidifies Rose as the MVP:

Boston = 37-12, 4 All Stars
Miami = 36-14, 3 All Stars
LAL = 34-16, 2 All Stars
OKC = 32-17, 2 All Stars
SAS = 8973242-0, 2 All Stars

Chicago = 34-14, 1 All Star
:clap:

AI4MVP
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
cmon bro. u know that the bulls dont deserve 4 all stars. theres a great team, and they have a superstar player in rose..but cmon man. they do not have four players that deserve to be on the team more then the players that are already there

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I never see a team have such a great record and be so irrelevant. Thats not trash talk its the truth.

I'm confused, are you talking about Miami?

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Irrelevant isn't the word. It's more like "overlooked" or "underappreciated". It's understandable I guess, what with the Heat thing happening over the summer. For years Bulls fans/other people we're saying "if they only had a post presence..."

Well, we have one of the best in the league now. We had some other solid pickups in FA as well. But after the 3 queens joined up in Miami it's really easy to be like "oh, they only got Boozer"

Obviously I'm upset that we don't have more representation at the ASG. But it's not the end of the world, lol. What matters is we have a superstar-caliber player (Rose), 2 All Star-caliber players (Boozer, Noah), and Deng, who's playing at a fringe All Star level. Who cares what the other fans/coaches who voted think. Our record speaks for itself.

LAL = 34-16, 2 All Stars
OKC = 32-17, 2 All Stars

Orlando only 1, New Orleans only 1... :cry:

And DALLAS!!! :cry: :cry:

abe_froman
02-05-2011, 05:05 PM
how mad would all of you be if the bulls came out of the east :laugh: for as personal as many of you take any sort of positives about the bulls....

Sandman
02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Boozer and Deng deserved to be in serious contention, anyone who doesn't realize that is probably a hater.But even with that said, why is it that everytime a thread is made about the Bulls we have thin skinned people who can't handle it. Does it get under your skin that much? The guy wasn't trash talking nor was he being an ***. He made a legitimate point about a team who has one of the better records in the entire NBA. The Celtics get 4 guys and the Bulls can't even get 2? Seriously...people need to shut the **** up and stop hating on the Bulls.
You're very quick to turn your blinders on and call everybody haters.

Rose
- Amazing season
- In

Boozer
- Not enough games 30/50
- Might have had a shot to be in over Bosh or Garnett
- Obviously not in the all star game because he missed the first 20 games, not because "OMG HATERZ."

Noah
- 24/50
- Also could have had a shot to be in over Bosh or Garnett
- Also obviously out of contention because of missed time.

Deng
- Assuming this was a joke

Celtics
- Yes they have 4
- Rose > all 4
- All 4 > anybody other than Rose
- This isn't baseball where everybody gets their fair share

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Irrelevant isn't the word. It's more like "overlooked" or "underappreciated". It's understandable I guess, what with the Heat thing happening over the summer. For years Bulls fans/other people we're saying "if they only had a post presence..."

LAL = 34-16, 2 All Stars
OKC = 32-17, 2 All Stars

If you just want to use record and supporting cast, than CP3 is the MVP. Deng, Noah, and Boozer, while not all stars are each better than anyone CP3 plays w/ and his team is 32-19.

ManRam
02-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Ray is a G, so him and Deng really are not competitors for the same spot.

And Pierce and Deng do not have similar #s:

Pierce is better in practically every category. No legitimate argument can be made for Deng over Pierce.

Seriously. Anyone who says Deng deserves it over any other forward that made the team is just wrong. Period. Hell, Wilson Chandler is more deserving than Deng. I'd take Brand, Smoove and Crash over Deng too.

Deng's per game stats are just inflated because of his minutes and the lack of a 2 guard on that team.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Seriously. Anyone who says Deng deserves it over any other forward that made the team is just wrong. Period. Hell, Wilson Chandler is more deserving than Deng. I'd take Brand, Smoove and Crash over Deng too.

Deng's per game stats are just inflated because of his minutes and the lack of a 2 guard on that team.

IDK about the rest of those guys because I have not looked them up. I just looked up Deng vs Pierce and there is no comparison.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
There are more Bulls haters than there are bulls fans in here lol.

Luol Deng: 18 PPG 6.2 REB 2.5 Dimes

Paul Pierce: 19 PPG 5 REB 3.2 Dimes

Numbers are very similar considering Pierce has the ball in his hands about 2x more than Deng. So lets not act like Deng is a piece of **** and pierce is god.

Carlos Boozer: 20 PPG 10.2 REB

Chris Bosh: 18.3 PPG 8.1 REB

Kevin Garnett: 15 PPG 8.9 REB

hmmmmmm. Something must be wrong here because im almost certain that Carlos Boozer is garbage. No way my beloved KG falls behind both Bosh & Boozer!

I Understand that Boozer has missed roughly 10 more games than those two. But its annoying as hell when you guys dont give credit where its due. Maybe Boozer is not a complete snub because he missed some time. But let's not act like he is out of Garnetts league here.

#'s Don't Lie, Homers Do.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
IDK about the rest of those guys because I have not looked them up. I just looked up Deng vs Pierce and there is no comparison.

hahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahah

Well, apparently you werent looking hard enough. check out the numbers above :facepalm:

Dnovakovic099
02-05-2011, 05:15 PM
1. I am a Bulls fan.
2. Whoever made this thread is a ****ing idiot.
3. Any Bulls fan that says Deng deserves it over Pierce is an idiot. Look at the stats the Boston fans posted. It isn't even close. Pierce is shooting over 50 percent and has more ppg and similar APG and RPG. Yes, Deng is a little better on defense, but Pierce is a damn good defender himself.
4. This just goes to show how good Rose is. Look at it this way:
Center: Bulls get a very slight edge because Noah is so much more productive than Shaq and Perkins has been injured like the whole season so far and Noah was injured so Bulls slight edge.
PF: Boston huge edge better because Boozer injured and KG much better defender.
SF:Pierce slight edge. Same argument as All-Star.
SG: :facepalm:

Bench: Even

So, how can anyone make a case that Rondo is better than Rose? The Celtics are like 3 games ahead of the Bulls and it is obvious that the Celtics have a much better team. Yes, Rondo is a better defender and yes he is more efficient and yes Rose jacks up a lot of shots. The thing is though, that when you watch Bulls games it is evident how important Rose is. At the end of every close game he gets double teamed. No other player gets double teamed as much as Rose at the end of games. He seems to score everytime we need him to score. The reason why his FG percentage is so low is because he likes to take those mid-range jumpers. The thing is that when games are tight he usually just drives to the hoop to score or create for others.

Sandman

Don't forget, there's more than Paul Pierce to compare him to. Any argument against Paul Pierce starts with Danny Granger, not Luol Deng. Then there's Josh Smith. There's Nick Young who has comparable numbers overall but better numbers since Arenas left. Then there's Wilson Chandler like you said, and Stephen Jackson that have comparable numbers to Deng. Then you got Bargnani, Brook Lopez and Ray Felton that were notable snubs at other positions.

hugepatsfan
hahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahah

Well, apparently you werent looking hard enough. check out the numbers above :facepalm:

Check out those #s, wise***.

(They say that the 3rd time is the charm, and this is the third time I've posted this so we'll see if the saying holds true.)

JasonJohnHorn
i think noah would of made it if he played more games but boozer woulda had more harder time with people ahead of him

I think you are right here. Also, knowing that he was injured, coaches likely didn't vote for Noah knowing that he wouldn't be able to play anyways, unlike Yao fans who voted him in having only scored 51 points on the season (which LBJ matched in a single game: LBJ 1 game = Yao's entire season). So coaches were just using common sense not voting for a player who would have to be replaced.

And folks can talk about stats all they want. Deng's defence is as great. I'm not saying he is more deserving than Pierce, but I am saying he is at least as deserving as Bosh. Pierce is having a solid years and is still among the best at his position in the league and deserves to be on the all-star team. But I'm not suggesting that Chicago SHOULD have 4 all-stars, just that they have 4 guys for whom there is a case to put them on the all-star team.

And lets be honest, guys like Garnett (who I love), Bosh (who I respect), Duncan (who I think is the greatest PF in the history of the game) have all found spots on the all-star team this year based on their reputations and team records, and not at all on their personal play this season. And the same could be said for Ray Allen, though he is as deserving as any other SF i the east.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Im Not Saying Deng deserves it over PP. but im sure someone will take it that way. Just please don't act like deng is no where near pierce this year because there are two sets of stats that prove it.

Sandman
02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I Understand that Boozer has missed roughly 10 more games than those two. But its annoying as hell when you guys dont give credit where its due. Maybe Boozer is not a complete snub because he missed some time. But let's not act like he is out of Garnetts league here.
You don't understand that Boozer has missed more games (he missed 20, KG missed 10, Bosh missed 4) than those two. BECAUSE THAT IS THE PRINCIPAL REASON HE ISNT THERE.

#'s Don't Lie, Homers Do.
Agreed.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Check out those #s, wise***.

(They say that the 3rd time is the charm, and this is the third time I've posted this so we'll see if the saying holds true.)

wise ***? c'mon now you are posting up stats that prove that Deng isnt far behind Pierce this year. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING DENG DESERVES IT OVER PAUL PIERCE. Im only defending deng in the fact that you guys are saying he is garbage. and while Deng may have a couple of minutes more than pierce per game, Thats subject to a good boston bench, and an aging player. and any casual NBA fan sees how many more times Pierce has the ball compared to Deng.

Omar Little
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Honestly, who cares? The all star game is a joke.

I mean Yao made the team?!?

Sandman
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
wise ***? c'mon now you are posting up stats that prove that Deng isnt far behind Pierce this year. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING DENG DESERVES IT OVER PAUL PIERCE. Im only defending deng in the fact that you guys are saying he is garbage. and while Deng may have a couple of minutes more than pierce per game, Thats subject to a good boston bench, and an aging player. and any casual NBA fan sees how many more times Pierce has the ball compared to Deng.

Ever wonder why Pierce has the ball in his hands more?

Aussy4GM
You don't understand that Boozer has missed more games (he missed 20, KG missed 10, Bosh missed 4) than those two. BECAUSE THAT IS THE PRINCIPAL REASON HE ISNT THERE.

thats what im saying. he missed 10 more games than garnett and i understand he shouldnt be an All Star just for that reason. im just saying that people in here are acting like both Boozer and Deng are garbage men. its ridiculous.

bklynny67
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they deserve 1. and they got 1. Boozer is the only other possibility but he's missed too many games. Bosh deserved it over him. stop crying *****es.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Ever wonder why Pierce has the ball in his hands more?

Because he is the team captain? Because he is a proven scorer? Because Rondo wants more assists?Because Rondo Can't Shoot? Because KG is always hurt? or maybe its because the Celtics don't have Derrick Rose? take your pick.

look idk why we are getting off topic here, the point is Paul Pierce isn't having THAT MUCH BETTER of a 2011 season than Luol Deng. Thats IT.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:34 PM
What it all comes down to is as a bulls fan, im fine with the squad.

i don't see any significant snubs in the east.

Boozer>Bosh

& Deng is having a great season. Not sure why Knicks fans are laughing at him. There is an argument there. But i would have taken Pierce as well.

ManRam
02-05-2011, 05:35 PM

What stats show that Deng is better than Pierce? Even if Deng "isn't far behind", he's still behind. Those stats posted are incredibly telling. And no one here is saying he's garbage. We're saying he shouldn't be an all-star...

Comparison of stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=denglu01&y1=2011&p2=piercpa01&y2=2011)

Look at usage%: an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor. Certainly doesn't show that Pierce has the ball that much more the Deng. It's just slightly above being negligible. If anything, that just shows that Pierce is more of an integral part of his team.

The only thing Deng is better at is offensive rebounding, a slightly lower TOV%, 0.1 more DWS (due to his 200+ minutes) and that's it. PER 36 minutes, he gets a few more rebounds (.5 more), and 0.2 less TOs.

There is NO argument for Deng deserving it more than Pierce. None whatsoever.

finalverse
02-05-2011, 05:40 PM
You're very quick to turn your blinders on and call everybody haters.I'm not much of a fan of Deng (look at the Bulls forum for my many posts). My problem is that everytime a thread is made about the Bulls we have crybabies who can't handle it. Like seriously, if it bothers people that much, don't open the thread nor post in it. It's that easy. You always have someone saying 'lol Bulls fans' or ':facepalm: Bulls fan'.

We can go into every ****ing thread in here about any team and find points where the OP and their fans over value their teams. No team in the NBA is scary this year...which means every team that is up in the NBA rankings have a good point to make about their teams and their players.

So in conclusion, **** Deng and **** Boozer but people seriouly need to get off Bulls fans nuts.

Aussy4GM
02-05-2011, 05:46 PM
What stats show that Deng is better than Pierce? Even if Deng "isn't far behind", he's still behind. Those stats posted are incredibly telling. And no one here is saying he's garbage. We're saying he shouldn't be an all-star...

Comparison of stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=denglu01&y1=2011&p2=piercpa01&y2=2011)

Look at usage%: an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor. Certainly doesn't show that Pierce has the ball that much more the Deng. It's just slightly above being negligible. If anything, that just shows that Pierce is more of an integral part of his team.

The only thing Deng is better at is offensive rebounding, a slightly lower TOV%, 0.1 more DWS (due to his 200+ minutes) and that's it. PER 36 minutes, he gets a few more rebounds (.5 more), and 0.2 less TOs.

There is NO argument for Deng deserving it more than Pierce. None whatsoever.

i dont know how many times im going to have to say that I NEVER SAID DENG WAS BETTER THAN PIERCE. all i am saying is that Pierce is not Dominating Deng Statistically. he is ahead in each category but not by as much as these people are making it out to be.

as for the dude calling me a crybaby. im just in each trying to stick up for my guys. if you dont like that then maybe its you that shouldnt open the thread. every god damn thread in these forums is made for debate. how often do you see a thread where everyone just comments saying, awesome dude everything you said was right on!?

Sir Buckets
02-05-2011, 05:48 PM
If you just want to use record and supporting cast, than CP3 is the MVP. Deng, Noah, and Boozer, while not all stars are each better than anyone CP3 plays w/ and his team is 32-19.
Noah and Boozer have both been out a significant amount of time, and our record is still better than NO's. Paul is the best PG at the PG position, but Rose is the best overall player at the PG position and the MVP.

Aren't you the guy I talked with earlier in the season about Rose's 3 point shooting? Well, he's attempted roughly 200 so far, and is shooting them at ~38%.

You need to stop using raw stats to justify your points. Yes, they're very helpful, but there are other things you need to factor in as well. Like, yeah, Deng/Noah/Boozer > Paul's supporting cast, but you didn't factor in the missed time. You based Rose's progression in 3 point shooting based on a few games.

ManRam
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
So in conclusion, **** Deng and **** Boozer but people seriouly need to get off Bulls fans nuts.

I'll jump off when they deserve to be jumped off of. People don't look for opportunities to go at Bulls fans, it's just a lot of Bulls fans provide those opportunities. Like this thread. Don't make stupid threads proclaiming that the Bulls should have 4 all-stars, but they don't so move on....blah blah blah and then there won't be this problem. Granted, the OP isn't a Bulls fan (his motives are more at jabbing the Celtics, which is juvenile in itself), but still, the Bulls fans have reinforced his ludicrous notion.

ManRam
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
i dont know how many times im going to have to say that I NEVER SAID DENG WAS BETTER THAN PIERCE. all i am saying is that Pierce is not Dominating Deng Statistically. he is ahead in each category but not by as much as these people are making it out to be.

Then why are you arguing? Pierce is the deserving all-star, Deng is not. That's all there is to it. No one is saying Pierce is dominating Deng either. You're putting words into our mouths. The consensus is that Pierce deserves it more...and that's it. Pierce is the better player, is having the better season, has a larger role on a better team...he deserves it. There are people who do say otherwise, and that's why people are retorting...like me.

flclfanman
02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Does Chicago deserve 4 all stars? NO. Injuries hurt Noah's chances and Deng has been playing great but is always a few steps behind guys like Pierce and Granger.

Boozer is debatable. Yeah he missed time b/c of injury , but so did KG :eyebrow:

20-10 is better than 15-9 but the world won't end since he didn't get in.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Noah and Boozer have both been out a significant amount of time, and our record is still better than NO's. Paul is the best PG at the PG position, but Rose is the best overall player at the PG position and the MVP.

Aren't you the guy I talked with earlier in the season about Rose's 3 point shooting? Well, he's attempted roughly 200 so far, and is shooting them at ~38%.

You need to stop using raw stats to justify your points. Yes, they're very helpful, but there are other things you need to factor in as well. Like, yeah, Deng/Noah/Boozer > Paul's supporting cast, but you didn't factor in the missed time. You based Rose's progression in 3 point shooting based on a few games.

I know that Booz and Noah have missed time. Still, I think overall Rose's help is better. He has not yet played a game w/out both Booz and Noah (at least IDK so). Having just 1 of them plus Deng makes CHI's cast better IMO. NO has crap around CP3.

And don't take that as me discrediting Rose. He is my MVP right now. I was just pointing out a stupid argument from a CHI fan. They are trying to back us into a corner where we either have to say that CHI has 4 All Stars or that Rose is the MVP. It's not either/or is what I'm saying.

As for Rose's 3 PT shooting... He has greatly improved it. I think you are misremembering our argument. I believe that we had the argument after the first 10 games or so in the seaosn. Rose was shooting a good % at the time. However, he was not a good shooter from deep earlier in his career. I just thought it was premature to call him a good shooter based on a 10 game sample size that at that point was a clear outlier. It no longer is an outlier, so it's fine to call him a good shooter now.

Kyben36
02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Bulls dont deserve 4 allstars. I think Noah might have made it if he wasnt injured ( just becuase C is so bad behind Dwight howard ( actualy, now that I think about it, Bogut would have made it in front of himm, so im not upset ) Boozer I think should have made it, but at the same time, Amare is clearly better than him, but who got in front of him off the bench, if its Bosh, I dont think its a clear win, but Im again not upset, and anyone who says that Deng should have made it is stupid. Deng is hated by Bulls fans and the NBA alike. Is he having a great year, yes, but that will not justify him getting in.

Bulls have one Superstar and his name is Derrick Rose, and thats fine with me.

bulls_world23
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Every thread they find a reason to bash us bulls fans.
#1 Deng has been great for us but not an all-star.
#2 Boozer > Bosh
#3 any1 who says Rose is not mvp needs to start watching basketball.

bulls_world23
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
And and Noah would have made it if he didn't get injured.

DamnGoat
02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
It's hilarious that this thread was started by a non Bulls fan yet people still find a way to bash Bulls fans about it. Some people in this forum are just ridiculous.

Anyway, we didn't deserve 4 All-Stars, but Boozer should have gotten in though I understand why he didn't (missed too many games). It's the same reason Noah didn't get in, he's missed more games than Booz. Deng is having a very good year, but it's not so good that he can bump out some of the other reserves.

Overall it doesn't really matter much...some of the reserves in the East and West are poor choices but that's b/c their own coaches picked them, so it's not that surprising.

Bucsfan
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
they should just remove the entire all star team for the east and let the bulls play, it would pretty much be the same talent level

FlashMacker
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
4 all stars? :laugh: Bulls fans are hilarious

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm about to put every single person on ignore who didnt read the OP and see the part that stated he's not a bulls fan.

infact, I'm doing that right now, I can't deal with this level of idiocy

Reversed86Curse
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM

Both are debatable. Nash and/or Rondo are arguably better PG's this year at the PG position than both, and Paul is arguably the best player at the PG position again this year.

Minus Noah and/or Boozer, Chicago's cast is still better than NO's.

DamnGoat
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Again...read the OP, it's not a Bulls fan that created this thread. Yet every non-Bulls fan in this thread immediately jumps to that conclusion. That's more laughable than all the other typical responses in this thread.

I knew there was a reason I avoided the NBA forum...I think I'll continue doing that.

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm about to put every single person on ignore who didnt read the OP and see the part that stated he's not a bulls fan.

It's not like all the Bulls fans are disagreeing w/ him though...

RZZZA
3 people on ignore, congratulations you're the first on the list.

weeding out the obnoxious stupidity, step by step

Chronz

Lmfao, if you came away with the impression that those stats are close the only conclusion I can come to is that you don't know jack about stats

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Are Bulls fans saying we deserve 4 all stars? I don't see many people saying that. The most people are arguing for is 2. It's either Rose/Boozer or Rose/Deng, not 4.

Illinirob83
02-05-2011, 06:57 PM
As a Bulls fan I don't really see the argument that anyone shouldve made it other than Rose. If anyone deserved to it would have been Deng and as others pointed out he probably isn't worthy of it overall. Nice player, nice season, but not worthy of being in over PP.

My problem is with Boston getting four reserves. East coast bias paid off for them or something. Garnett is a nice player, but not really near what he once was, is a flat out bad guy and dirty player and is only making it because he is on that team. Allen probably shouldn't have made it over Felton this year or even Deng. I know Deng plays forward, but who cares? Don't get me wrong, all four players are good and that team is good, but let's not act like they are this dominant team that deserves all the praise they get. They won one title during this run so far, media needs to stop acting as though they are a dynasty. Hell, the 90's Bulls would only have Jordan/Pippen. Nowadays people would think that Rodman deserved inclusion because he was on the "team with the best record". When did that become so relevant that role players are becoming all-stars because of what team they are on? Boston has 12 losses as well, it isn't like they are on their way to set records. They are a borderline 60 win team, they deserve 4 all-stars because of that?

DamnGoat
02-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, they kinda are disagreeing with him. None of us really believe that the Bulls deserved 4 All-Stars. I think we deserved 2 in Rose & Boozer. Noah would have gotten in if he weren't hurt as well. Deng didn't really stand a chance though.

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Whoever made this thread is a ****ing idiot.

Harsh! Why all the hate man. You want to pretend like Bosh and Garnett didnt get put on based on the rep and not their play this season, go a head, all I'm saying is that the Bulls 4 guys who are all-star calibre players. Not that Pierce should be bumped off, not that Noah is better than Horford, I'm just saying, the Bulls are doing great this year, their roster is deep, and they have four stand out guys who can each go toe-to-toe with anybody on the Easter conference reserves.

I don't understand why people are so quick to start dropping explitives and calling people idiots. Can't we be a little respectful when we disagree?

@$$!

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I agree, be respectful.

But why put Noah in as an all star if he can't even play? Same deal as yao ming, he's injured, no point to put him on the team

KingPosey
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
They had the EXACT amount of Allstars they should have. And having 1 true all star, and 5 really good players to go with him would be enough for me on the Kings.

abe_froman
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM

its actually quite tame for this forum,its usually alot worse

Sandman
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Would Noah have been a shoe in?

Horford wasn't a bad pick for the game, and Zach Randolph, Andrea Bargnani and Andrew Bogut are having decent years too.

DamnGoat
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Would Noah have been a shoe in?

Horford wasn't a bad pick for the game, and Zach Randolph, Andrea Bargnani and Andrew Bogut are having decent years too.
It probably would have been a toss up b/t Noah & Horford. I think if Boozer didn't miss so many games he'd have made it pretty easily over Bosh.

Zach Randolph's in the West though, so I'm not sure how that matters?

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
its actually quite tame for this forum,its usually alot worse

I can deal with people being wrong but I cant deal with people who look at the thread title and react only to that without reading the post. Thats just laziness and idiocy and I can't take you seriously.

D1JM
02-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Didn't you make a thread about Boston having four all-stars, that basically consisted of this topic too? Oh yeah...you posted your thread and then ran away without backing anything up. Gonna do that here too?

No, Chicago doesn't deserve more than 1 all-star. Boozer is the closest thing, but he missed a ton of time. Deng, no way. Noah...he's hurt. How can you say any of those three deserve it over any player currently on the roster?

Let's move on. There are zero snubs on Chicago's roster.

Please Bulls fans, be concerned with beating the top teams in the East, and not this junk.

wtf. we all know you hate bulls fans but next time read the op. he isnt a bulls fan.

xxseven72ducexx
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
all I have to say is wow...I haven't been on PSD in awhile and I come on to see this? Is this dude joking? I really really hope so cuz this post is ridiculously stupid and closed minded...I'll give you that Derrick Rose deserves to be an All-Star and that's it, period, end of story, no other Bull deserves to be in LA...Boozer has missed almost half the season and even now that he's back he's still not playing like or putting up All-Star numbers. If Noah didn't get hurt then maybe and that's a big MAYBE that he had a shot of making it since when healthy he is a walking double double but that doesn't matter bc he did get hurt, and as for Deng, it'd be ignorant to say dude's not havin a great season, by far one of his best but still his best season isn't good enough to warrant an All-Star selection, especially with the East being so deep in talent now having Stoudemire come to NY...idk what drugs you were on or what alcohol you consumed before creating this post but I definitely want some of that *****

SteBO
02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Would anyone like to fill me in on what exactly's going on in this thread. It's gotten testy from what I'm reading, bt I don't quite understand.

kingbrentg
02-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Again...read the OP, it's not a Bulls fan that created this thread. Yet every non-Bulls fan in this thread immediately jumps to that conclusion. That's more laughable than all the other typical responses in this thread.

I knew there was a reason I avoided the NBA forum...I think I'll continue doing that.

Yeah, it's pretty routine unfortunately.

SeoulBeatz
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Bulls have 1 all star in Rose, but don't get upset bulls fans, he's the MVP of the league as well.

Boozer would be the other if he wasn't hurt.

Deng and Noah are very good players, but not all stars, maybe noah in the future.

Avenged
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Would anyone like to fill me in on what exactly's going on in this thread. It's gotten testy from what I'm reading, bt I don't quite understand.

Bulls fans are getting offended because posters keep mistaking the original poster for a Bulls fan.. lol.

Hoopsadvocate
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
:facepalm: at those who say rose > cp3.

Just when u didnt think the thread could get any worse.

magichatnumber9
02-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Funny cause if Deng is all star caliber so isn't Big Baby Glen Davis. Just saying

magichatnumber9
02-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Why do all Bulls NBA related threads go straight to ****.?

nitric
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Funny cause if Deng is all star caliber so isn't Big Baby Glen Davis. Just saying

Both deserving more than Monta

ramsizzle
02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
all I have to say is wow...I haven't been on PSD in awhile and I come on to see this? Is this dude joking? I really really hope so cuz this post is ridiculously stupid and closed minded...I'll give you that Derrick Rose deserves to be an All-Star and that's it, period, end of story, no other Bull deserves to be in LA...Boozer has missed almost half the season and even now that he's back he's still not playing like or putting up All-Star numbers. If Noah didn't get hurt then maybe and that's a big MAYBE that he had a shot of making it since when healthy he is a walking double double but that doesn't matter bc he did get hurt, and as for Deng, it'd be ignorant to say dude's not havin a great season, by far one of his best but still his best season isn't good enough to warrant an All-Star selection, especially with the East being so deep in talent now having Stoudemire come to NY...idk what drugs you were on or what alcohol you consumed before creating this post but I definitely want some of that *****

Boozers avg. a double double at 20 and 10. Amare isnt. so should he not be a all star? missed games or not he is more deserving than damn al horford.

Illinirob83
02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Why do all Bulls NBA related threads go straight to ****.?

Because Heat fans are idiots. If anyone says anything positively about the Bulls on here this is what happens. If you hate on the Bulls in here you are a "realist", if you have anything positive to say about the Bulls in here then you are a "homer", there is no inbetween apparently so the discussion goes to crap. Most of it is Heat fans being Heat fans. They were laughing at the thread because they thought a Bulls fan made it, well that was false and apparently couldn't read the OP before posting their typical stupidity.

yangx620
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
d. rose is going to change how the pg is played, maybe he did already...in the long run honestly guys, i pick rose>paul

paul is great but i guess to me rose is going to change the game

northsider
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Why these complete dumb threads are allowed to stay open when they are never ever ever good conversation and just Bulls fans vs. the world threads is beyond me. These things have completely run there course in the NBA forum and its a shame thats why allot of guys don't post in here cause it's like a ****ing children's hour.

I mean I can't think of an instance where I was ever mad that only 1 Bull made the ASG let alone did I ever even bring up being mad about it. Seriously am I in the dark on this one I don't remember just Rose going being a issue?

justinnum1
02-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Because Heat fans are idiots. If anyone says anything positively about the Bulls on here this is what happens. If you hate on the Bulls in here you are a "realist", if you have anything positive to say about the Bulls in here then you are a "homer", there is no inbetween apparently so the discussion goes to crap. Most of it is Heat fans being Heat fans. They were laughing at the thread because they thought a Bulls fan made it, well that was false and apparently couldn't read the OP before posting their typical stupidity.

CHANGO
02-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Why these complete dumb threads are allowed to stay open when they are never ever ever good conversation and just Bulls fans vs. the world threads is beyond me. These things have completely run there course in the NBA forum and its a shame thats why allot of guys don't post in here cause it's like a ****ing children's hour.

I mean I can't think of an instance where I was ever mad that only 1 Bull made the ASG let alone did I ever even bring up being mad about it. Seriously am I in the dark on this one I don't remember just Rose going being a issue?

:clap: x 10000000000000 Just close this stupid dumbass ****ing idiot thread...

Draco
02-05-2011, 10:30 PM

This.

xxcubs22xx
02-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Are you kidding me? We got people attacking the maker of this thread and saying he's a bulls fan...Did you not read his post? He CLEARLY said "i am not a bulls fan"

So before you attack Bulls fans as a whole read the freaking post first...wow.

And no, nobody got snubbed. Deng and Boozer were borderline, but not snubbed.

kingbrentg
02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
This has turned into poop.