PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin - Derrick Favors - DeMarcus Cousins - Greg Monroe - Ed Davis

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 01:51 AM
Rank the Big Men rookies based on how they have done so far 1-5. 1 being the best, 5 being the worst. 1 is pretty obvious but 2-5 is where it gets interesting and there is room for debate. Support your answers.

Nighthawk
02-05-2011, 02:02 AM
1. Griffin

2. Cousins

3. Favors

4. Monroe

5. Davis

To me Davis was the least ready for the NBA. He should of went back to school. Monroe is a nice skilled passing big who i think can be a nice role player. Cousins has all the tools and physical skills to be an all star caliber player. He just has a piss poor attitude and demeanor. Favors i rank similiar to Monroe. Wont be a number 1 option. or 2 or 3. And well Griffin, hes made the Clippers interesting. BEAST. Type of player who if stays healthy should have HOF numbers.

StriveGreatness
02-05-2011, 02:04 AM
1. Blake Griffin - Already an All-Star. Putting up great numbers. Almost unstoppable. Beast.
2. DeMarcus Cousins - Pains me to say this but DMC has played very well this season. He needs to control his temper at times but he will be a dominate force in this league.
3. Greg Monroe - Ever since he got sufficient playing time, he has thrived. Very good passer. He's getting better at finishing around the hoop. Can even block shots. (Has a limited vertical) Needs to work on his FTs, though.
4. Ed Davis - He's an interesting player. He doesn't get a lot of playing time but from what I've seen, he should be a very good basketball player in the NBA.
5. Derrick Favors - I haven't been that impressed with him. He may have the highest ceiling besides BG but he just hasn't shown me anything really.

LTBaByyy
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
I still can't believe Udoh was a top 10 pick

Wasn't he like 6th or 7th overall?

Dol-Fan
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
1. Griffin

2. Cousins

3. Favors

4. Monroe

5. Davis

To me Davis was the least ready for the NBA. He should of went back to school. Monroe is a nice skilled passing big who i think can be a nice role player. Cousins has all the tools and physical skills to be an all star caliber player. He just has a piss poor attitude and demeanor. Favors i rank similiar to Monroe. Wont be a number 1 option. or 2 or 3. And well Griffin, hes made the Clippers interesting. BEAST. Type of player who if stays healthy should have HOF numbers.

Clearly he's proven you wrong...

This season so far (please, don't misconstrue this...rankings for this season alone not future),

1. Griffin
2. Cousins
3. Monroe
4. Davis
5. Favors

They have all been extremely good, but Davis' shot-blocking and rebounding have been better than Favors' this season. Favors is young though and will be a stud in no time.

Gators123
02-05-2011, 02:07 AM
1. Griffin- Everybody already knows how hes been playing.

2. Cousins- Inconsistent but has shown flashes of being a star.

3. Monroe- Slow start, Has been playing great the last month or so.

4. Davis- Has played his role very good, block shots, rebound.

5. Favors- Always in foul trouble, but hes very young and will improve.

Swashcuff
why would you include Griffin? He isn't even part of their class nor is any of those players in his class as a player. I am not even going to include him in my post.

Based on performance this season I'd go

2. DeMarcus Cousins- has the most polished offensive game of them all. A decent passer and could in all likeliness become the type of big man you can run your offense through, also doesn't hurt that he has outperformed all the others over the course of the season thus far)

3. Greg Monroe- 10 and 9 for the month of January and as a starter. When he has gotten his chances he has produced and tonight was another example of this 20 and 11 (this first 20 and 10 game of his career) against Derrick Favors' New Jersey Nets.

4. Derrick Favors- really hasn't been very impressive as a starter but has some growing to do and providing he stops getting in such foul trouble and actually gets some minutes he'd a solid. He's also the youngest of the bunch

5. Ed Davis-missed a month to start the season but when he has been on the floor he has produced. He played better in January than he did in December and IMO has the most potential upside on the defensive end of any of the players mentioned (including Griffin)

Raph12
1. Blake
2. Cousins
3. Monroe
4. Favors
5. Davis

fadedmario

Yeah Golden State really screwed that up. Both Monroe and Davis look like studs.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Davis is more set to be a defensive player.

The other ones seem like they are all offense to me. Favours has the tools to be great offensively but he's disappointed me a lot so far.

AI4MVP
02-05-2011, 02:13 AM
1. Griffin

2. Cousins

3. Favors

4. Monroe

5. Davis

this

wolverine54
02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Have to agree with StriveGreatness.

1. Blake Griffin - Single handedly made the Clippers watchable.
2. DeMarcus Cousins - Can be an All-Star as long as he doesn't let his temper get in the way.
3. Greg Monroe - Has been playing really well in an increased role recently.
4. Ed Davis - Needs to see the floor as much as possible for a Raptor team that is going nowhere.
5. Derrick Favors - Haven't seen much of anything from him yet. As a 19 year old kid I understand the trade rumors probably got to him. I expect to see a much better 2nd half from the kid.

DerekRE_3
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
I need to remember to start thanking David Kahn every day for passing on Cousins.

THE WALL
02-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Have to agree with StriveGreatness.

1. Blake Griffin - Single handedly made the Clippers watchable.
2. DeMarcus Cousins - Can be an All-Star as long as he doesn't let his temper get in the way.
3. Greg Monroe - Has been playing really well in an increased role recently.
4. Ed Davis - Needs to see the floor as much as possible for a Raptor team that is going nowhere.
5. Derrick Favors - Haven't seen much of anything from him yet. As a 19 year old kid I understand the trade rumors probably got to him. I expect to see a much better 2nd half from the kid.

Agreed!

btw I have never seen udoh play...is he that bad??

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 02:32 AM
I honestly think Monroe could be considered number 2. Look at how poorly Cousins shoots it and look at Monroe's numbers since becoming a starter. An argument could be made for Monroe at 2.

Dol-Fan
02-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Raptor fans please don't be homers and have Davis at like 2 lol.

other NBA fans please don't bait Raps fans...especially ones that have 6 posts

I'm a Raps fan and have Davis 4th

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 02:42 AM
other NBA fans please don't bait Raps fans...especially ones that have 6 posts

I'm a Raps fan and have Davis 4th

I think Davis and Monroe will end up being better than Cousins and Favors. Just an opinion...

Lloyd Christmas
02-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Why the harsh words for Udoh? He hasn't been awful. He just doesn't get many minutes with Lee starting.

Phenomenonsense
02-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Why the harsh words for Udoh? He hasn't been awful. He just doesn't get many minutes with Lee starting.

True, he is probably behind the best of any other rookie. I hold no hate for Udoh presonally, and I'd love to trade for Davis to have a Jerebko/Davis/Monroe frontcourt, but that won't happen obviously.

1) This year Cousins has been better than everyone else (and I'm not even going to say anything about Griffin as he outclasses everyone on this list). As of late, I wouldn't necessarily say he's better than Monroe. Definitely more athletic, he gets more touches than Monroe as well. He also plays well while not in foul trouble, which is far too often unfortunately. Still, Monroe started off terribly, which must be taken into account.

2) Monroe has progressed the most out of every on the list. As of late he has been playing great ball. He has shown he is a great defender which is a plus to me. If the year started in January he'd be competing with Cousins as the top big man. Great steal at #7.

3)Davis. He was hurt and that slowed him down a bit, but his ability to block shots and play defense bumps him up to 3. The last few spots are only split by a small margin. I'm disappointed in his rebounding numbers next to Bargnani and Amir Johnson. He should be pulling more down in limited minutes.

4) Favors has been my biggest disappointment this year from the big men. He was recently outclassed by Monroe on 2/4/11 (Monroe 20/11 vs Favors 5/11). His potential is still great and I'd have to put him ahead of Davis if this were a "who do you think will have a better career" question but he's obviously behind Davis at this point. He started off strong averaging a double double in his first 3 games, but he has since sputtered out. Davis was shafted for the Rookie game in some opinions.

5) Udoh plays behind Lee, and that probably makes his ability to play for long periods of time. He may have a nice future, but he hasn't gotten much done this year if anything at all. In the only game I've seen of him, he's shown signs of being a serviceable starting PF at some point.

alencp3
02-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Im disappointed by Favors too but he is only 19 and i think 5 years from now he will be the best big man of this class 10'

abe_froman
02-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Im disappointed by Favors too but he is only 19 and i think 5 years from now he will be the best big man of this class 10'

naw,no one is touching blake and cousins ,if he keeps his even just abit right

NBA-GMaster
02-05-2011, 05:29 AM
why would you include Griffin? He isn't even part of their class nor is any of those players in his class as a player. I am not even going to include him in my post.

Based on performance this season I'd go

2. DeMarcus Cousins- has the most polished offensive game of them all. A decent passer and could in all likeliness become the type of big man you can run your offense through, also doesn't hurt that he has outperformed all the others over the course of the season thus far)

3. Greg Monroe- 10 and 9 for the month of January and as a starter. When he has gotten his chances he has produced and tonight was another example of this 20 and 11 (this first 20 and 10 game of his career) against Derrick Favors' New Jersey Nets.

4. Derrick Favors- really hasn't been very impressive as a starter but has some growing to do and providing he stops getting in such foul trouble and actually gets some minutes he'd a solid. He's also the youngest of the bunch

5. Ed Davis-missed a month to start the season but when he has been on the floor he has produced. He played better in January than he did in December and IMO has the most potential upside on the defensive end of any of the players mentioned (including Griffin)

this.. Griffin, Cousins, Monroe, Favors and Davis

alencp3
02-05-2011, 05:37 AM
naw,no one is touching blake and cousins ,if he keeps his even just abit right

Blake is not from this class nor planet

SugeKnight
02-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Agreed!

btw I have never seen udoh play...is he that bad??

Check Sig

ee
02-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Griffin
Cousins
Monroe
Favors
Davis

ManRam
02-05-2011, 12:02 PM
So far...

1. Griffin
2. Cousins
3. Monroe
4. Davis
5. Favors

However, I think Favors will end up being the 2nd or at worst 3rd best of the bunch.

DwayneMVPwade
02-05-2011, 12:29 PM
1. Blake Griffin
2. Cousins
3. Monroe
4. Davis
5. Favors

Udoh is laugable horrible. Dont know what GS was doing, I was so happy when Udoh was gone because it meant that Raptors would not get him

Cubs Win
02-05-2011, 12:29 PM
So far...

1. Griffin
2. Cousins
3. Monroe
4. Davis
5. Favors

However, I think Favors will end up being the 2nd or at worst 3rd best of the bunch.

This. I think eventually Favors will jump Davis and Monroe. Not sure about Cousins though. It'll sort of depend on Cousins bringing a good attitude and work ethic, which have been questioned.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:40 PM
1. Griffin- Everybody already knows how hes been playing.

2. Cousins- Inconsistent but has shown flashes of being a star.

3. Monroe- Slow start, Has been playing great the last month or so.

4. Davis- Has played his role very good, block shots, rebound.

5. Favors- Always in foul trouble, but hes very young and will improve.

This.

Edit: I think Favors and Monroe will be flipped in the future.

Bornknick73
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
1. Blake griffin - already an all-star. Putting up great numbers. Almost unstoppable. Beast.
2. Demarcus cousins - pains me to say this but dmc has played very well this season. He needs to control his temper at times but he will be a dominate force in this league.
3. Greg monroe - ever since he got sufficient playing time, he has thrived. Very good passer. He's getting better at finishing around the hoop. Can even block shots. (has a limited vertical) needs to work on his fts, though.
4. Ed davis - he's an interesting player. He doesn't get a lot of playing time but from what i've seen, he should be a very good basketball player in the nba.
5. Derrick favors - i haven't been that impressed with him. He may have the highest ceiling besides bg but he just hasn't shown me anything really.

/qft

DoMeFavors
02-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Blake Griffin
Demarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe
Derrick Favors
Ed Davis

hyb152
02-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Give him some time. This isn't the NFL where top 10 picks come in and immediately contribute. Usually in the NBA, anyone outside the top 3 picks take some time to adjust. Look at James Harden. He was the 3rd pick, but he's going to be a scoring monster in the future. Projects. Give Udoh some time. If he doesn't turn out, well then... that's just another typical Golden State Warriors wasted 5-10 pick. (Brandan Wright and Ike Diogu)

hyb152
02-05-2011, 01:33 PM
And for the record, I agree with mostly everyone in here.

Griffin
Cousins
Monroe
Favors
Davis

JerseysFinest
02-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I believe its too early to judge Favors right now. Way too raw, and was not a pivotal piece in the offense last year at Georgia Tech. He's basically learning everyday. I'm speaking objectively here, but I believe Favors can/will surpass every other big man in the class besides Griffin, and in a few years be an extremely dominant big. He has the tangibles to do it, and the drive/motivation to do it as well, and I think he'll get there. Cousins might be a better low post scorer than him, but this is still year 1, and Favors is still only 19

arkanian215
02-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Favors has the best chance at being the most complete player out of the bunch. His freakish physical attributes (wingspan, reach, etc) give him the potential to be a top defensive player at the 4 spot. He has the quickness and the springs on top of that. He's still raw offensively but he definitely has the tools to be a big time player.

DerekRE_3
02-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I honestly think Monroe could be considered number 2. Look at how poorly Cousins shoots it and look at Monroe's numbers since becoming a starter. An argument could be made for Monroe at 2.

No. Last month DeMarcus put up 17 points and 8 boards a game. It included 27 points and 10 boards against the Lakers (one of the best frontcourts in the league), 25 points, 12 boards, and 7 assists against the Hornets (Okafor is no slouch on defense), and 20 points and 6 boards against the Celtics (have one of the deepest and best frontcourts in the NBA). He also shot over 50% in all of those games.

Favors has the best chance at being the most complete player out of the bunch. His freakish physical attributes (wingspan, reach, etc) give him the potential to be a top defensive player at the 4 spot. He has the quickness and the springs on top of that. He's still raw offensively but he definitely has the tools to be a big time player.

He definitely has the potential. But when I think of complete players, I think of DeMarcus. Guy can already post, rebound, pass, shoot. His defense has gotten a lot better since the beginning of the season. He looks to take charges, and has great size at 6'11 280 with a 7'5 wingspan. He won't be getting outmuscled by many players and has great length. He's not a leaper but he doesn't need to be.

arkanian215
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
He definitely has the potential. But when I think of complete players, I think of DeMarcus. Guy can already post, rebound, pass, shoot. His defense has gotten a lot better since the beginning of the season. He looks to take charges, and has great size at 6'11 280 with a 7'5 wingspan. He won't be getting outmuscled by many players and has great length. He's not a leaper but he doesn't need to be.

The biggest holes I see Cousins having are in the transition game and the pick and roll defense. He doesn't have the physical attributes to defend those situations consistently. I see Derrick being solid in everything.

DerekRE_3
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
The biggest holes I see Cousins having are in the transition game and the pick and roll defense. He doesn't have the physical attributes to defend those situations consistently. I see Derrick being solid in everything.

Depends if he can develop a post game. I haven't heard anything about him being a good passer. Cousins just has a natural feel in the post and sees the floor well. If you cut, he will find you. I don't know if that's something Favors can develop.

And as far as Cousins goes for transition, as he gets into better shape he will only improve there.

Legit
02-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Griffin
Cousins
Monroe
Favors
Davis

Sactown
02-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Yes, but Cousins passing game is clearly better than the rest and his offensive post skills are also second to none.. His shooting struggles were in the first 2 months and have really ended

C_Mund
02-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Not just homerism, I'd have Davis on the list at #4, but people seem to forget that he basically covers two post players at a time in Toronto. He's either on the floor with Andrea "Waiting for the next offensive posession" Bargnani or Amir "6 fouls/quarter" Johnson. He's undersized yet played at the C position because we can only seem to draft pf's when our best player is a pf and he still holds his own. He has the lowest ceiling of all these players on the offensive side of the court, but his defensive IQ and positioning is that of somebody who has been in the leage for a few years. I think given time and some bulk he could be one of the best defensive pf's in the league.

goose15
02-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Griffin

Cousins
Monroe
Favors
Davis

the_jon
02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Griffin

Cousins
Monroe
Favors
Davis
You're underrating Griffin.

reemy
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
1. Blake Griffin - Already an All-Star. Putting up great numbers. Almost unstoppable. Beast.
2. DeMarcus Cousins - Pains me to say this but DMC has played very well this season. He needs to control his temper at times but he will be a dominate force in this league.
3. Greg Monroe - Ever since he got sufficient playing time, he has thrived. Very good passer. He's getting better at finishing around the hoop. Can even block shots. (Has a limited vertical) Needs to work on his FTs, though.
4. Ed Davis - He's an interesting player. He doesn't get a lot of playing time but from what I've seen, he should be a very good basketball player in the NBA.
5. Derrick Favors - I haven't been that impressed with him. He may have the highest ceiling besides BG but he just hasn't shown me anything really.

This

arkanian215
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Depends if he can develop a post game. I haven't heard anything about him being a good passer. Cousins just has a natural feel in the post and sees the floor well. If you cut, he will find you. I don't know if that's something Favors can develop.

And as far as Cousins goes for transition, as he gets into better shape he will only improve there.

Favors has a lot of big ifs associated with him right now. He's a terrible post feeder atm. His interior passing doesn't really exist either. Those things can be taught though through practice and experience. He gets the angles wrong and doesn't understand how to feed Brook. It's definitely something he has to work on. Recently, they've put the ball in his hands more often. The more reps the better.

StriveGreatness
02-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, but Cousins passing game is clearly better than the rest and his offensive post skills are also second to none.. His shooting struggles were in the first 2 months and have really ended

Monroe is a better passer.

tredigs
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Cousins shoots 43% from the field, gets outscored by his opposite big EVERY g'damn night, and the Kings flat out play better when he's not on the court (numbers wise, his adjusted +/- and 82 games "simple rating" is like 12th on the team http://www.82games.com/1011/1011SAC.HTM ). Beyond that, he has a piss poor attitude and a hubris that he simply hasn't earned (nice "choke" sign to Reggie Williams on the foul line 5 seconds before you blew the game through your own two fingers, dumbass). God I hate Demarcus Cousins. Newest cancer to the NBA.

In summation:

1: Blake (realistically, the others don't even belong in his discussion)

The other 3.

Cousins.

Sactown
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Cousins shoots 43% from the field, gets outscored by his opposite big EVERY g'damn night, and the Kings flat out play better when he's not on the court (numbers wise, his adjusted +/- and 82 games "simple rating" is like 12th on the team http://www.82games.com/1011/1011SAC.HTM ). Beyond that, he has a piss poor attitude and a hubris that he simply hasn't earned (nice "choke" sign to Reggie Williams on the foul line 5 seconds before you blew the game through your own two fingers, dumbass). God I hate Demarcus Cousins. Newest cancer to the NBA.
LOL Rage much? FYI Ask the Lakers big if they outscored him

tredigs
02-05-2011, 06:05 PM
LOL Rage much? FYI Ask the Lakers big if they outscored him

Or I could just look at the full picture, and see him - and the Kings - get dumped on night after night.

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 06:07 PM

In summation:

1: Blake (realistically, the others don't even belong in his discussion)

The other 3.

Cousins.

So wait Trey why only mention Cousins and not mention the other players if using that basis you ranking should go.

Griffin
Favors
Monroe
Cousins
Davis

You can detest a player all you want dude but you can also respect the fact that he still has some talent.

tredigs
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
So wait Trey why only mention Cousins and not mention the other players if using that basis you ranking should go.

Griffin
Favors
Monroe
Cousins
Davis

You can detest a player all you want dude but you can also respect the fact that he still has some talent.

His misuse and waste of talent due to his **** attitude and by all accounts pathetic work-ethic is exactly why I hate Cousins. Truth be told, only NBA player I don't like.

Sactown
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
His misuse and waste of talent due to his **** attitude and by all accounts pathetic work-ethic is exactly why I hate Cousins. Truth be told, only NBA player I don't like.

Or you're just being a ***** lol. which is more like it... He is playing better ball then the other 3 while outscoring Lamar, Bynum, and Pau when playing the Lakers the last game.. He put up 25/12/7 against the hornets and 27/10 against the Lakers so yeah.. go **** yourself

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Or you're just being a ***** lol. which is more like it... He is playing better ball then the other 3 while outscoring Lamar, Bynum, and Pau when playing the Lakers the last game.. He put up 25/12/7 against the hornets and 27/10 against the Lakers so yeah.. go **** yourself

He may be overreacting but he is also telling truth about the attitude and personality.

Cousins just needs to continue to have his play do the talking.

tredigs
02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll seriously never forget that ''choke'' sign to Reggie right before he blew the game. The irony and pathetic nature of Cousins was on center stage right there. Full summation of what that kid is, and why I have no respect for him. I still laugh at it.

In 3 years, I'll check back on the guy to see if he miraculously turned a 180 on his attitude and became a worthy contributer to his team. These things don't happen overnight.

Anyways, /venting on Cousins worthlessness.

Sactown
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
He may be overreacting but he is also telling truth about the attitude and personality.

Cousins just needs to continue to have his play do the talking.

And his attitude is improving everyday.. I watch every kings game so I know what I'm talking about.. and it's not like he's getting T's every night.. he's hardly t'd up. Westphal benched him when he was immature so he cut it out.. it's done and over

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
And his attitude is improving everyday.. I watch every kings game so I know what I'm talking about.. and it's not like he's getting T's every night.. he's hardly t'd up. Westphal benched him when he was immature so he cut it out.. it's done and over

You could honestly say that after 40+ games of his rookie season?

Shareeb_omac2
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Cousins will never be good.

M.Bibby2.0
02-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Cousins has improved a lot since the beginning of the season, he may have hurt the kings in some late game situations in the beginning but hes learned and has been the catalyst for the kings' victories over good teams. He's playing good basketball lately, and the long season is getting him into shape, the guys putting up nearly 14 pts and 8reb and 2 ast in 26 mpg that's high production for any nba center yet alone a rookie. Excellent post play, and passing, not to mention rapidly improving mid-range game, I can see him becoming the most valuable player out of the 2010 draft if he can improve his work ethic and attitude.

bovice163
02-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Blake

Favors
Monroe
Cousins
Davis

Until Cousins take care of his attitude problem, I don't see him becoming a top 5 PF in the league anytime soon.

Dol-Fan
02-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Blake

Favors
Monroe
Cousins
Davis

Until Cousins take care of his attitude problem, I don't see him becoming a top 5 PF in the league anytime soon.

Care to provide some reasoning for Favors being 2nd?

bovice163
02-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Care to provide some reasoning for Favors being 2nd?

Younger player, better attitude/work-ethic, more upside. He's only 19, he has more than enough time to work on all facets of his game.

Dol-Fan
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Younger player, better attitude/work-ethic, more upside. He's only 19, he has more than enough time to work on all facets of his game.

But the question was who has performed best this season.

bovice163
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
But the question was who has performed best this season.

My bad, didn't read the question.

Blake
Cousins
Monroe
Davis
Favors

DerekRE_3
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Blake

Favors
Monroe
Cousins
Davis

I don't think he'll ever be top 30 at the PF spot. Him playing Center may have something to do with it though. I can't be positive. And his attitude has been fine since the choke sign incident. Which was completely overblown like everything Cousins does. But whatever.

jEtS60
02-05-2011, 07:23 PM
why is Blake Griffin even in this discussion?

NJ Raven
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Right now: Griffin/Cousins/Monroe/Davis/Favors
In 3 seasons: Griffin/Favors/Cousins/Davis/Monroe

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Griffin is going to the hall of fame should he stay healthy, but the question is, will the Clippers ever be good, or will Griffin just accumulate huge stats playing for the lowly Clippers. I only question the Clippers because of their owner. Other than that, I like what they have going. He is clearly better than the other young bigs and shouldn't even be compared to them.

Cousins has a chance to be a pretty damn good player...possibly an all-star. He has the talent and size. The question will be his focus and attitude. The skill is definitely there, and lately he has been playing at such an impressive level that he has actually led the Kings to some impressive wins against very good teams. He needs to commit more to the defensive side of the ball though if he wants to be an elite center.

As far as the other three go, they all have potential, but I don't see any of them being stars. They all have good qualities, and are all very young, but I just don't think they have enough pure talent to make a serious impact in the league. These guys could turn out to be very effective role players though, if used in the right way.

Keep in mind...sometimes a really good role player is more valuable than an inefficient star, or a guy who doesn't play defense. So, I am not necessarily saying that Cousins will be the best, I just believe he is the only one (other than Blake) that has the all around game to be a serious impact player in this league.

Thats just my 2 cents.

DerekRE_3
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
DeMarcus Cousins the last 5 games:
20.8 PPG 10.4 RPG 2.6 APG 51% FG 82% FT 32 MPG

His conditioning is better, he's hitting his free throws and his jumper looks good. His post defense has also been surprisingly good this season. He gives up only .76 points per possession in the post according to synergy.

Bravo95
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Griffin
Cousins
Monroe
Davis
Favors