PDA

View Full Version : Does Boston Deserve Four All-Stars?

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2011, 09:05 PM
This isn't a hater thread. So lets keep it clean. I love Boston, and I hope to see them do well this year. But in all honesty, I can't say I believe they deserve four all stars, but at the same time they do have the best record in the East. So if guys like Garnett and Allen take a dip in states, but are playing great team ball and have their team on top of the conference, then they do deserve a spot at the same time. I'm of two minds on the subject, but I'm wondering where everybody else is sitting on this conversation.

so when deciding who should who gets on the AST, you guys think team success should get you on? Or personal achievement?

On the same side of the coin, it could be argued that LA deserves 4 guys to, or even 5 (Odom, Gasol, Bynum Artest and Kobe are all all-star calibre players).

Its a hard choice, because I'm sure fans around the league would like to see their team have reps on the team.

kArSoN RyDaH
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
ARtest? HECK NO!

odom,pau,kobe for sure! bynum? maybe because there aren't any centers out west but not because he is deserving of the spot.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Here's how you decide...

Show me players that deserve it more than Rondo, Pierce, Allen and KG.

Screw the rhetoric, just look at the players.

ESPN lists Bogut, Boozer and Noah as potential snubs...not a single one of them deserves it over KG. Josh Smith is the closest thing to a snub, and again, he doesn't deserve it over the two Celtic forwards IMO.

And in no way does LA deserve more than two. Odom has been great, but Love, Griffin and Aldridge all are having arguably better seasons. ARTEST? Seriously? Bynum? Nope.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
^ allen is the most obvious guy. there are legitimate arguements to made for joe johnson and ray felton (though felton has struggled of late) over allen. what is ridiculous is that even with that said, allen is having one of his best seasons and is really not a bad choice by any means.

pierce, rondo and kg imo have to go, though. each guy is having a fantastic year in a different way on the team most would agree is the best in the league.

if there were some more obvious omissions in the east i'd have a bigger problem, because i do think the all star game is more about individual achievement than it is team success, but there weren't a ton of deserving guys left off the roster.

edit: also disagree about the lakers, this year they have 2 maybe 3 all-star players in kobe, odom and gasol is borderline this season.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Luol Deng

kArSoN RyDaH
02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Odom was snubbed.

netsgiantsyanks
02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
hater

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
people are always looking for something to complain about

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
^ allen is the most obvious guy. there are legitimate arguements to made for joe johnson and ray felton (though felton has struggled of late) over allen. what is ridiculous is that even with that said, allen is having one of his best seasons and is really not a bad choice by any means.

pierce, rondo and kg imo have to go, though. each guy is having a fantastic year in a different way on the team most would agree is the best in the league.

if there were some more obvious omissions in the east i'd have a bigger problem, because i do think the all star game is more about individual achievement than it is team success, but there weren't a ton of deserving guys left off the roster.

edit: also disagree about the lakers, this year they have 2 maybe 3 all-star players in kobe, odom and gasol is borderline this season.

Joe Johnson made it. Felton had a great start, but I'm not drinking his kool aid. His per game counting numbers look good, but once you realize how much of that has to do with the pace and minutes he gets, he looks a lot more average. Ray is having a great season. I think he deserves it over Ray easily.

netsgiantsyanks
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
in all honesty, i think that they worked hard all season and should be awarded with a chance at the all-star game. even though KG should get his *** kicked for hitting someone in the nuts like a *****. :pity:

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Odom was snubbed.

I think he would have been an all-star in the East...but does he deserve it more than Griffin, Aldridge, Love, Dirk, Melo, Durant? Pau deserves it more than him, so you can't bump Pau out. Him being more deserving than Duncan is also a toss up.

To say he was snubbed, you need to say who he deserves it over. I'm not sure he deserves it over any of those guys...except maybe Duncan, but it's Tim Duncan!

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Joe Johnson made it. Felton had a great start, but I'm not drinking his kool aid. His per game counting numbers look good, but once you realize how much of that has to do with the pace and minutes he gets, he looks a lot more average. Ray is having a great season. I think he deserves it over Ray easily.

whoops! even more to the point then. i agree with you that allen is having the better individual season, just felton is the 2nd best player on that team, granted the knicks are .500.

put it this way, allen doesn't make the west roster this year.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
whoops! even more to the point then. i agree with you that allen is having the better individual season, just felton is the 2nd best player on that team, granted the knicks are .500.

put it this way, allen doesn't make the west roster this year.

I agree about that last part. The West has a much deeper squad, and more potential snubs. The East is top-heavy this season.

redsox0717
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Does Boston Deserve Four All-Stars?

Yes.

/thread

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:22 PM
no

/thread

BradytoGronkTD
02-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Its a complete popularity contest, they are more popular than the snubs so there in. Look at Yao Ming this year, and Allen Iverson making it a couple years ago.

But they deserve it so its all good

Chronz
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
There isnt a doubt in my mind that they do.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
No they don't deserve 4 allstars but the east is so incredibly watered down its hard to even complain when you look at the talent field to choose from.

Like everybody else I think Raymond Felton would've probably been the closest one to make it if he hadn't started playing like... well.. Raymond Felton.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Kevin Garnett? Tim Duncan? please

its a lifetime achievement award, when it shouldn't be.

Chronz
Its a complete popularity contest, they are more popular than the snubs so there in. Look at Yao Ming this year, and Allen Iverson making it a couple years ago.

Coaches pick the reserves, your examples were all from the dumb fans voting

DQL
still more deserved than the Pistons' 4 all-stars a few years ago. Billups, Hamilton and 2 Wallace's. I mean really?

joeboow90
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
this all-star voting is a complete joke. how are they gonna vote for all-stars in the middle of the season? thats a horrible way to do it, thats why guys like Duncan and Yao and other perennial all-stars just get voted in off their past accomplishments.

mttwlsn16
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Odom was snubbed.

scrodum is a *****. and whats that got to do w this thread?

redsox0717
02-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Hey idiot, please list the players that deserve to get in over Garnett...

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM

I agree that there were more deserving guys than Duncan...

But what forward in the East deserves it more than KG?

15 and 9...and a definite top 2 finish in DPOY award...sounds like an all-star to me. Defense should be valued more than it is in the NBA, and when you take it into account, there is no way KG shouldn't make it.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Screw Kevin Garnett, he's a stupendous jerk and a 12 time all star, enough already.

BradytoGronkTD
02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Coaches pick the reserves, your examples were all from the dumb fans voting

my bad

redsox0717
02-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Screw Kevin Garnett, he's a stupendous jerk and a 12 time all star, enough already.

Derp...good argument man.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I agree that there were more deserving guys than Duncan...

But what forward in the East deserves it more than KG?

15 and 9...and a definite top 2 finish in DPOY award...sounds like an all-star to me. Defense should be valued more than it is in the NBA, and when you take it into account, there is no way KG shouldn't make it.

oh woopee, Deng is a 18/6 player and he can shoot the 3 and he plays excellent defense, and he's never been an all-star.

12 time all star vs never been an all-star, hmm, i wonder who should get in.

infamous jerk vs nicest work man ever, hmmm, who should get in

1 player from the bulls vs 4 from the celtics, hmm i wonder who should get in

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Tremendous logic. :worthy:

redsox0717
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Lmao...is he actually trying to argue who should/shouldn't get in the all-star game based on their character?

Let's invite Scalabrine too...he is a great guy!

Tmo440
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
IMO Boozer and Deng deserved it more than Garnett and Allen.

MickeyMgl
02-04-2011, 09:39 PM
No.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
oh woopee, Deng is a 18/6 player and he can shoot the 3 and he plays excellent defense, and he's never been an all-star.

Those bolded things don't matter.

And Deng's defense is far from being half as dominant as KG's. I can't believe you honestly think Deng deserves it more (Well, I can, you're a Bulls homer).

KG: 21.5 PER, .533 eFG%, .209 WS/48, 94 DRtg, 112 ORtg
Deng: 15.2 PER, .505 eFG%, .152 WS/48, 102 DRtg, 109 ORtg

Come one dude. Get over it. KG deserves it. There's no way around it.

Vincent33
02-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Maybe. It can be argued for and against.

/thread

;)

KG, Rondo, and Pierce have to be there IMO. Only "questionable" pick was Allen and he is having just as good a season as the other Eastern snubs.

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM

So you think that Deng should get in because KG is a meanie.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
lol at rzzzzas arguments for deng....ur actually making his case worse

yes boston deserves 4 allstars because which of the 4 are u taking out and who are u replacing them with???

josh smith?? :laugh2:

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Maybe. It can be argued for and against.

/thread

;)

No one has made a sound argument against it. Besides naming names...which doesn't mean anything. I can do that too.

Hedo Turkoglu.

See...then I can just leave and not have to back it up. ;)

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
So you think that Deng should get in because KG is a meanie.

yes, thats exactly what I said, and nothing else. thats some epic selective reading.

Ok, I've stated my opinion and if you think I'm wrong, so be it. I don't think Garnett should be in.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-04-2011, 09:48 PM
yes, thats exactly what I said, and nothing else. thats some epic selective reading.

Ok, I've stated my opinion and if you think I'm wrong, so be it. I don't think Garnett should be in.

Then who should be?

Rivera
02-04-2011, 09:48 PM

lol i still dont know who u are arguing for and what case u made....o yea i do

lets look at ur ase for taking kg outta the all star game

:laugh2: great reasoning

and manram i agree hedo turkoglu should be an allstar cause we can name his name and we dont need any reasoning...kg is a jerk so turkey should make it infront of kg :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Why does this have to be a thread? Why ***** and moan over if they deserved it or not???

4 celtics will be playing in the all star game no matter what anyone thinks about it... Just accept it and move on.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Then who should be?

Luol Deng...duh. He's a nice guy, he plays decent defense, and can hit the three (35%).

And he's a Bulls player...

GeekInThePink
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think Kevin Garnett should have made it, but thats probably my bias towards him speaking.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
and he's never been in it before.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM

:laugh:

Hahaha. Forgot that vital piece of information. Since that matters...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Luol Deng...duh. He's a nice guy, he plays decent defense, and can hit the three (35%).

Nice homer pick for RZZZA. The dumber part is that he isn't even saying the best forward on his team, Boozer.

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Neither has Brian Scalaebrine - let's fix that.

Deng never having been an all star should have absolutely 0 relevance whatsoever in this discussion. It doesn't matter.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
well its subjective, to me it matters

Duncan and Garnett were in the all star game in 1998 with dikembe mutumbo and glen rice, and theyve been in every all star game since then. Jesus christ, enough already. Move over and give someone else a chance to shine.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Duncan and Garnett were in the all star game in 1998 with dikembe mutumbo and glen rice, and theyve been in every all star game since then. Jesus christ, enough already. Move over and give someone else a chance to shine.

The best players should make it. Period. KG is better than anyone on Chicago not named Rose. That's all that matters. Spin it however you want, but no one is going to agree with you.

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM

I agree w/ you about Duncan because there are actually guys more deserving. But no one has shown me a legitimate, worthy replacement for KG. All star games are not about "giving someone a chance to shine." It's about rewarding the best players of the seaoson so far.

StriveGreatness
still more deserved than the Pistons' 4 all-stars a few years ago. Billups, Hamilton and 2 Wallace's. I mean really?

Actually, I think they all deserved it equally. The 2006 Pistons absolutely dominated the 1st half of that season. The Celtics this year are on a blazing start too. Something like 36-37 wins. The ASG is a popularity contest anyways so it's basically based off someone's reputation. Congrats to Rajon, Ray, Paul and Kevin. Well deserved.

Avenged
I chuckled at the Artest part.. he's been horrible for us this season..

Anyways, the Boston Celtics are the best team in basketball right now, I can't be mad. 4 does seem like a bit too much but who would you replace them with?

dtmagnet
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I think all the players from Boston that made it deserve to be all-stars.

DeyAce
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Boozer

ManRam
02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Boozer

:clap: Getting warmer. He deserves it more than Deng for sure. Better offensive numbers, not nearly as good of a defender. But I'd entertain that argument for sure. I would have zero qualms, even though I do think KG is the best defender in the NBA this season...which should matter more than it does, if he made it. instead of KG.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Not even a single person on TNT last night said there should be any snubs for the Eastern Conference.

Chronz
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Turkey has never had an all-star representative and hes a nice guy with a charming accent. He should make it over anyone whos already made the team

magichatnumber9
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Luol DengDeng is a small forward. Does he deserve it over Lebron? NO Does he deserve it over Pierce? No. Hey D Rose made the team so your not at a loss here.

magichatnumber9
02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Boozer
He's missed way to many games and is a sub par defender. Next

dtmagnet
02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Turkey has never had an all-star representative and hes a nice guy with a charming accent. He should make it over anyone whos already made the team

I'll debate you on that since there are no stats to back it up, he's a douche with a dumb face and an even dumber voice.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Quoted for truth...

Can't argue with this logic.

He's funny too. Great sense of humor.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Deng is a small forward. Does he deserve it over Lebron? NO Does he deserve it over Pierce? No. Hey D Rose made the team so your not at a loss here.

true enough. Hey, if I'm wrong them I'm wrong, I'm not above admitting when I am.

if the numbers say garnett deserves it more than deng, then he deserves to be in it.

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 10:20 PM
He's missed way to many games and is a sub par defender. Next

Deng?:hide:

goose14741
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Here's how you decide...

Show me players that deserve it more than Rondo, Pierce, Allen and KG.

Screw the rhetoric, just look at the players.

ESPN lists Bogut, Boozer and Noah as potential snubs...not a single one of them deserves it over KG. Josh Smith is the closest thing to a snub, and again, he doesn't deserve it over the two Celtic forwards IMO.

And in no way does LA deserve more than two. Odom has been great, but Love, Griffin and Aldridge all are having arguably better seasons. ARTEST? Seriously? Bynum? Nope.

felton duh

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
he's a nice guy and he's never been in it.

DENNNNNNNNNG

ManRam
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
felton duh

I explained why I don't think he should earlier.

He's just a product of a crazy offensive pace and excessive amounts of minutes. His per game stats look good, but once you get passed the simple stats, he's terribly average this season.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Neither has Andray Blatche. He should go to then right?

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
what are his numbers?

Rivera
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Quoted for truth...

Can't argue with this logic.

He's funny too. Great sense of humor.

plus he likes pizza u cant forget about that

Rivera
02-04-2011, 10:54 PM
what are his numbers?

16 and 8

andray blatche should be an allstar

he is better than kg in his prime

plus he asks the other teams to help him get a rebound to get a triple double...how nice....he should make the allstar game...plus he would be the only wizard...and hes on Manes team so that FOR SURE makes andray blatche an allstar

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:55 PM
He's no Deng

KG21
02-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes they do.

As reserves they have the right to be all-stars, those 4 players are well established and are on a successful team.

And it's still hater tread, even tho you said "I love boston" just to fool others that you aren't a hater.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
He's no Deng

yea but hes a nice guy...plus he can hit the 3

and hes only 24 out with the old and in with the new like u said right?

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Being a nice guy and a new face in the games is a plus, but you must also put up Deng-like numbers to be in consideration.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Kevin Garnett likes to grab other guys nuts and squeeze, I think he's getting senile in his old age. As punishment, Stern should take his all star spot away.

and give it to LUOOOL Deng!

topdog
It's not "does Boston deserve 4 players," it's "do those 4 players from Boston deserve it?" I say yes. Individually, they are having great years and they all can say they're on a winning team.

Rivera
but andray blatche > luol deng....i mean andray blatche almost had a triple double...almost

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Blatche got ROBBED.

rufo4100
02-04-2011, 11:01 PM
I am biast but I think all 4 are deserving. Ray Felton has put up some great numbers though...

tcav701
The homerism on this site reaches a new level every day.

I do not read threads nearly as much as I used to because I seem to come away from most threads knowing less about sports than I did before checking PSD.

RZZZA
but andray blatche > luol deng....i mean andray blatche almost had a triple double...almost

pfft, you're living in a dream world.

Two andre blahtchez wouldn't make one luol deng

rufo4100
Kevin Garnett likes to grab other guys nuts and squeeze, I think he's getting senile in his old age. As punishment, Stern should take his all star spot away.

and give it to LUOOOL Deng!

He just likes to give em a "love tap"...hey who doesnt like to do that??

F*(&"Next Year"
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Blatche got ROBBED.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Blatche got ROBBED.

x2 :eyebrow:

Chicagofaithful
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
i feel as though 3 of the celtics do not remotely deserve a position on the allstar team. There are a lot of players who are playing at a better level than Ray and KG, and even Paul. Its a joke, but thats why no one except for nba diehards pay attention to this sport. All they know is what is force fed to them, i.e. 4 celtics are allstars and so is yao.

bklynny67
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM

dude come on! i think most people agree Duncan shouldnt be there, but there's no one in the East that hands down should be there over KG. if anything, Boozer could have been chosen, but definitely not Deng. him never being there has 0 relevance. the players having the best season are supposed to be chosen. outside of Love and/or Aldridge in the West not making it over Duncan, everything else is fair. Deng is NOT having a better season than KG, AND YOU KNOW IT!

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
well that's just like...your opinion, man.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 11:20 PM
i feel as though 3 of the celtics do not remotely deserve a position on the allstar team. There are a lot of players who are playing at a better level than Ray and KG, and even Paul. Its a joke, but thats why no one except for nba diehards pay attention to this sport. All they know is what is force fed to them, i.e. 4 celtics are allstars and so is yao.

ok so name 1 player or 2 that ur gonna put on the all star team and who are u gonna take out from the C's

BIG worm
02-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I hate the celtics....but yea they deserve it.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM

Who deserves it over Ray, KG and Pierce.

Don't just say dumb ****. Back it up at least...

Bulls_fan90
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM

How is this not baiting Bulls fans? Grow up.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 11:26 PM

he isn't baiting and if he was it's against that poster and has nothing to do with the bulls i suggest you grow the **** up.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM
YOU GROW UP, or I'll tell on you

Rivera

thats not baiting thats called sarcasm...if u were grown u would know this

ManRam

I summarized his points. I didn't say anything he didn't say. The guy I was talking to didn't have a problem with it.

Seriously, he thinks Luol Deng should be an all-star. I'm sorry if I'm not being respectful towards him.

But I love RZZZA. :love:

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
you should be respectful anyway, your momma shoulda raised you better

Mane
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Blatche definitely got robbed..

StriveGreatness
02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Where the **** is Tayshaun Prince!!??? He DESERVES to be on the team, man....

There, now I sound like some people...

Bulls_fan90
02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I summarized his points. I didn't say anything he didn't say. The guy I was talking to didn't have a problem with it.

Seriously, he thinks Luol Deng should be an all-star. I'm sorry if I'm not being respectful towards him.

I know. But it takes a mature poster to ignore some of the **** posted in the NBA forum (Look at the posts below mine). You should know this. No point in making fun of the post in a sarcastic manner.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
there we go, now the Celtics are about to lose. Thats what you deserve. Obviously, God agrees with me.

Mane
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Blatche proving the haters wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHfc8Au5O8)

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM
I know. But it takes a mature poster to ignore some of the **** posted in the NBA forum. You should know this. No point in making fun of the post in a sarcastic manner.

Nah. I've matured past the level where I ignore things that are un-ignorable.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
But seriously, Blatche is posting 16 and 8. He's an 80% FT shooter. He totally got robbed.

Redbull
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I think Rondo and Pierce deserve it but Allen and KG don't, I know I will look like a homer but guys like Boozer and Deng deserve it before KG.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Blatche proving the haters wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHfc8Au5O8)

this right here is an all star move from an all star player

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I think Rondo and Pierce deserve it but Allen and KG don't, I know I will look like a homer but guys like Boozer and Deng deserve it before KG.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an assface...but please, tell me why Deng deserves it over KG. PLEASE!?!?!

A constructed argument that doesn't involve personality and # of all star games.

That's all I want.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Nah. I've matured past the level where I ignore things that are un-ignorable.

hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I can appreciate that. I'm used to it.

I feel I made some good points though. According to quantum mechanics and Heisenbergs uncertainty principle, at a certain curvature of time and space, Luol Deng can be an all-star. Science says this, not me.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-04-2011, 11:39 PM

:nod:

Blatche 4 MVP

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:40 PM
hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I can appreciate that. I'm used to it.

I feel I made some good points though. According to quantum mechanics and Heisenbergs uncertainty principle, at a certain curvature of time and space, Luol Deng can be an all-star. Science says this, not me.

And that's why I like you...

Mane
02-04-2011, 11:43 PM
rzzza is most definitely the man if his name is based off of the artist known as the rza.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:45 PM
indeed it is... and I am

Flash3
02-04-2011, 11:45 PM
rzza is flaming whore !

Flash3
02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
rzzza i invite you to the music ot where all of psd's real men post.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
ok, RSVP'd

F*(&"Next Year"
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I wish people would realize that KG deserves to be in the ASG for how he plays on the court.

20th in the NBA in PER @ 21.5
1st in the NBA in Def. Rtg @ 93.9
4th in the NBA in Def. Reb % @ 29.5
His .533 FG% is great.

But ya know, he called villanueva a cancer patient and hit channing frye in the nuts so he is an awful player :shrug:

magichatnumber9
02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
rzzza is most definitely the man if his name is based off of the artist known as the rza.Watch yall know about them Kung Fu flix. Shaolin Drunkards dvd, a 40 and a blunt. Good times

magichatnumber9
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I wish people would realize that KG deserves to be in the ASG for how he plays on the court.

His .533 FG% is great.

But ya know, he called villanueva a cancer patient and hit channing frye in the nuts so he is an awful player :shrug:They keep stats on that?

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-04-2011, 11:54 PM
bynum and artest are ***...gasol hasent played as himself of late..kobe def. yes.. and odom yea..of course

i think boston should have 4 guys in but i guess is KG and maybe ray ray dident make it i would still be fine with that.

and as for if it should be a team thing or perseonal thing...it should have nothing to do with how good ur team is doing (or not good)...unless its like the clippers and because of one guy ur team is mad nice..then that one guy should be in it..but other wise this is an AL STAR GAME..its takin a long at players who have been playing good enough to be called all stars.

ManRam
02-04-2011, 11:56 PM

His .533 FG% is great.

But ya know, he called villanueva a cancer patient and hit channing frye in the nuts so he is an awful player :shrug:

The defensive stats are enough. Throw in good/well above average offensive stats...and it's a lock. He and Dwight are by far the two most dominant defenders in the NBA. Defense is half the game...yet no one cares. People would rather have a guy score 4 more points a game playing 5 more minutes a game while playing no defense than have KG. And frankly, that's DUMB.

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 11:57 PM

His .533 FG% is great.

but he isn't nice

Afridi786
02-04-2011, 11:59 PM
They are putting up some good numbers to go along with their team record, so I'd say yes, they deserved it.

F*(&"Next Year"
but he isn't nice

Oh and he tried to eat Dwights arm...

ElMarroAfamado
as much as it pains me to say this.....
they are all deserving....
there is a reason why some people call them "The Big 4"

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
but he isn't nice

he probably has an STD too, he looks like the type of guy that would

40oz
02-05-2011, 12:01 AM
As much as it hurts to say they deserve it...Looking at their +/- .

Almost feel like I betrayed my knicks by saying that.

Hustlenomics
02-05-2011, 12:03 AM

can't have diseased lunatics in the all star game, his wife is fine though http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2008/04/20/garnett_kevin_400.jpg

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:03 AM

Magic Johnson has HIV. Lets kick him out of the HOF.

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 12:04 AM
can't have diseased lunatics in the all star game, his wife is fine though http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2008/04/20/garnett_kevin_400.jpg

oh wow, she is hot. That's two things then that he doesn't deserve.

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 12:05 AM

His .533 FG% is great.

As much as I hate KG, I agree, he was an easy choice for the All-Star game. There is a PF in the East that is going that shouldn't be, but his name is Chris Bosh, not Kevin Garnett.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:09 AM
As much as I hate KG, I agree, he was an easy choice for the All-Star game. There is a PF in the East that is going that shouldn't be, but his name is Chris Bosh, not Kevin Garnett.

Bogut>Bosh

I don't care much about that though.

Rivera
02-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Watch yall know about them Kung Fu flix. Shaolin Drunkards dvd, a 40 and a blunt. Good times

but he isn't nice

real talk kobe isnt nice either he allegedly raped a woman in colorado...and lebron isnt nice either....he broke the whole city of clevelands hearts by leaving and going to miami :cry:

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 12:11 AM
allegedly?

allegedly that duke lacrosse team raped that stripper

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
allegedly?

allegedly that duke lacrosse team raped that stripper

Duke is gay.

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Bogut>Bosh

I don't care much about that though.

Ehh, Bogut is really struggling offensively this year. He hasn't been good at all on that side of the ball. I think Boozer should have been in over Bosh. His numbers are better than Bosh's virtually across the board.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Ehh, Bogut is really struggling offensively this year. He hasn't been good at all on that side of the ball. I think Boozer should have been in over Bosh. His numbers are better than Bosh's virtually across the board.

I could definitely go with boozer as well. Bogut is just so good defensively, and since I'm a defensive minded guy, I went that route. Bogut's FT shooting has been putrid...

Edit: damn boozer's defense has been spectacular too (97.2 DEF RTG). Boozer is def. the choice.

Afridi786
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I could definitely go with boozer as well. Bogut is just so good defensively, and since I'm a defensive minded guy, I went that route. Bogut's FT shooting has been putrid...

Edit: damn boozer's defense has been spectacular too. Boozer is def. the choice.

Still pretty bad tho.

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I thought def rating was no good for measuring individual players defense.

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 12:38 AM

It's not that it is no good. It is definitely flawed (just like every individual defensive statistic) because it is largely impacted by the total team defense. Defense is just so difficult to quantify into individual stats. It's still useful, you just have to understand it's limitations.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Bosh is more deserving than Booz

More efficient, better defensively, and has arguably been the most valuable player on the the 2nd best team in the league by SRS (1st by Pythagoreans). Booz has missed alot of games and is scoring at a rate well beneath Bosh.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:43 AM

If you don't like it, then Boozer's DEF REB % is 27.7 which is pretty good. His PER is 21.7 which is better than Bosh's 19.5. Heck boozer is even scoring at a higher clip, and more effective clip than bosh.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Bosh is more deserving than Booz

More efficient, better defensively, and has arguably been the most valuable player on the the 2nd best team in the league by SRS (1st by Pythagoreans). Booz has missed alot of games and is scoring at a rate well beneath Bosh.

That is the only thing I think that holds him back.

The part about scoring is just untrue though.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 12:45 AM

Bosh is better by OFF.RTG, VORP, WinShares and Offensive WinShares. Defensively the #'s favor Booz but its largely a byproduct of his team. The Bulls are just as good defensively with or without Booz, the Heat are significantly hindered without Bosh around on both ends. I understand this is partly a result of the Heat lacking any true bigman behind Bosh but it still speaks to his value and importance to an elite team. Defensively he ranks higher by Synergy data as well.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 12:46 AM
That is the only thing I think that holds him back.

The part about scoring is just untrue though.

Booz scores 1.09 PPP by Offensive RTG, Bosh is well above that.

RZZZA
02-05-2011, 12:46 AM
It's not that it is no good. It is definitely flawed (just like every individual defensive statistic) because it is largely impacted by the total team defense. Defense is just so difficult to quantify into individual stats. It's still useful, you just have to understand it's limitations.

Well I watch him all the time as a bulls fan, and honestly he's one of the worst defenders on our team...

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Bosh is better by OFF.RTG, VORP, WinShares and Offensive WinShares. Defensively the #'s favor Booz but its largely a byproduct of his team. The Bulls are just as good defensively with or without Booz, the Heat are significantly hindered without Bosh around on both ends. I understand this is partly a result of the Heat lacking any true bigman behind Bosh but it still speaks to his value and importance to an elite team. Defensively he ranks higher by Synergy data as well.

Bosh has a higher offensive rating because he plays on a better offensive team (just as boozer has a better defensive rating because he plays on a better defensive team). If you look at individual offensive numbers Boozer dominates Bosh. He scores more points, score more efficiently, gets more assists, and grabs more offensive rebounds. The only negative is that he turns the ball over more.

Also, the reason Bosh has more win shares is because he has played more games. Boozer has a higher WS/48. The fact that Boozer has missed more games is nearly the only argument Bosh has on him. Everything else is in Boozer's favor.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I don't like win shares. Boozer's is lower because of the missed time. Boozer meanwhile has the much high eFG% and a higher ast%.

Edit: or just what bulldog said.

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Well I watch him all the time as a bulls fan, and honestly he's one of the worst defenders on our team...

1st off, saying he is the worst defender on the team isn't saying much. Rose, Brewer, Deng, Thomas, Gibson, Noah, and Asik are all very good defenders. But I really don't think Boozer is as bad as he looks sometimes. I think he has a tendency to make those bad defensive plays that stick out so you remember them more.

If you look at the defensive numbers most tend to support him as a decent defender. He has one of the highest DRtg's on the Bulls and had led the Jazz at least the past 2 years in DRtg (I didn't look back any further, but I'd suspect the trend continues). The Bulls so far this season give up only 0.5 points more per 100 possession when Boozer is on the bench than when he is on the floor. That isn't much at all, especially when you consider how good the other post defenders are that are replacing him.

NYM1989
02-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Boozer should have been in over Bosh and i dont think the Celtics should have 4 all stars, Rondo yes the other 3 questionable especially KG and Allen

F*(&"Next Year"
02-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Boozer should have been in over Bosh and i dont think the Celtics should have 4 all stars, Rondo yes the other 3 questionable especially KG and Allen

KG deserves it. Look back through the thread. He's amongst the league leaders defensively and in PER. Also he's been efficient offensively.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Bosh has a higher offensive rating because he plays on a better offensive team (just as boozer has a better defensive rating because he plays on a better defensive team).
Thats not how Offensive RTG works, there is no team component to it its strictly based on the individuals stat line.

If you look at individual offensive numbers Boozer dominates Bosh. He scores more points, score more efficiently, gets more assists, and grabs more offensive rebounds. The only negative is that he turns the ball over more.

Untrue, he only accounts for more possessions, something that Bosh has already proven to do at an elite rate without the aid of elite playmakers. Bosh is scoring more effectively

Also, the reason Bosh has more win shares is because he has played more games. Boozer has a higher WS/48. The fact that Boozer has missed more games is nearly the only argument Bosh has on him. Everything else is in Boozer's favor.

Again Booz has the higher Defensive stats because of his teammates, OWS are more relevant in this comparison.

Baller1
02-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Nick Young and Blatche probably should've been in it. They're really good.

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Thats not how Offensive RTG works, there is no team component to it its strictly based on the individuals stat line.

This just a flat out lie.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
This just a flat out lie.

LOL cmon guy, dont dig yourself in a hole now. Feel free to prove your stance

bulldog312
02-05-2011, 01:29 AM
LOL cmon guy, dont dig yourself in a hole now. Feel free to prove your stance

ORtg is based on the points produced formula. I can't find it anywhere online or I would link it to you. The only place I can find it is in Dean Oliver's book Basketball on Paper. If anyone happens to have a copy it is in appendix 1 (starts at page 343 in mine). The formula takes up a whole damn page so I most certainly am not going to type it out. Just by glancing at it you can see team stats are there. I'll type out a small portion of it just to give you an example:

Ast Part = 1/2 ((TMPts - TMFTM) - (Pts-FTM))/2x(TMFGA-FGA) x Ast

Raph12
02-05-2011, 01:29 AM
KG, Rondo and Ray (who's had a great year but been overlooked) deserved to go for sure, Pierce was a bit of a throw-in...

Chronz
02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
ORtg is based on the points produced formula. I can't find it anywhere online or I would link it to you. The only place I can find it is in Dean Oliver's book Basketball on Paper. If anyone happens to have a copy it is in appendix 1 (starts at page 343 in mine). The formula takes up a whole damn page so I most certainly am not going to type it out. Just by glancing at it you can see team stats are there. I'll type out a small portion of it just to give you an example:

Ast Part = 1/2 ((TMPts - TMFTM) - (Pts-FTM))/2x(TMFGA-FGA) x Ast
Yes I have the book, offensive rating is a measure of personal offensive efficiency. The team stats are meant to estimate the % of assisted buckets and weighing the value of his offensive rebounding. If anything these measures should help Boozer, it is in no way comparable to the team component found in Defensive RTG/DWS.

OWS is also based on the same Pts Produced/Individual Possessions formula and Justin himself has made it clear, 2 players on completely different teams in different offensive environments will end up with the same amount of OWS if they have the same stats.

This is what I found online:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_rating

For teams, the formula is: 100 x Pts / (Tm FGA + .04 x Tm FTA - 1.07 x (Tm ORB / (Tm ORB + Tm DRB)) x (Tm FGA - Tm FG) + Tm TO)[1]
For players, the formula is: Offensive Rating = (Points Produced / Individual Possessions) x 100
Points can be produced through field goals, free throws, assists, and offensive rebounds. Individual possessions are the sum of a player's scoring possessions (field goals, free throws, plus partial credit for assists), missed field goals and free throws that the defense rebounds, and turnovers.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
KG, Rondo and Ray (who's had a great year but been overlooked) deserved to go for sure, Pierce was a bit of a throw-in...

Why do you think so low of Pierce?

sargon21
02-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Pierce deserves it the most IMO

koLohe2133
02-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Considering three of them are hall of famers? Yes.

Chronz
02-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Im taking back what I said Bulldog, this formula is so complicated Im having trouble grasping the concepts behind it, I still stand that its not as reliant on team play as defensive rating but its clearly motivated by team efficiency in some form. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and Im asking the pros for answers until then I think the truest form of individual efficiency would be to just isolate the players possessions from his teams. A raw Off.RTG if you will,

According to synergy both Bosh and Boozer are scoring a Pt per possession, given Boozers superior usage%, offensive rebounding and assist marks it seems he has been the more efficient offensive player. I still think offensive rating is the best representation of a players contribution to his teams offensive performance but I cant by it the way I used to until I get some help.

Caveman508
02-05-2011, 03:11 AM

not really

its more deserving IMO when your chosen as a reserve,,,

its by coaches and players if I am not mistaken...

and when thats done its not popular

who deserves it over Rondo? Pierce? Ray? ( career highs those last 2) and KG looking like old KG

don't worry

I'll wait

Raph12
02-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Why do you think so low of Pierce?

I don't, it's just that KG is playing at a very high level again, Rondo is passing the ball better than almost anyone in the league and Ray is shooting at a career-best level right now... For Pierce it's just "been there, done that" not to say he isn't having a pretty good year, but nothing new there to warrant a 4th Celts member.

dodie53
02-05-2011, 04:31 AM
OT:

where the hell is Nash?

Chronz
02-05-2011, 05:18 AM
I don't, it's just that KG is playing at a very high level again, Rondo is passing the ball better than almost anyone in the league and Ray is shooting at a career-best level right now... For Pierce it's just "been there, done that" not to say he isn't having a pretty good year, but nothing new there to warrant a 4th Celts member.

Pierce is going through a similar transformation, his 3p%, eFG%, TS%, T.O%, Off.RTG are all at a career best, his scoring rate, PER and WS are the best theyve ever been in the BIG3 era keep in mind hes accomplishing all this while gobbling up less possessions than ever. The Celtics offense has never been this strong and its a result of a team wide improvement. To be honest they are looking scary good right now.

Raph12
02-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Pierce is going through a similar transformation, his 3p%, eFG%, TS%, T.O%, Off.RTG are all at a career best, his scoring rate, PER and WS are the best theyve ever been in the BIG3 era keep in mind hes accomplishing all this while gobbling up less possessions than ever. The Celtics offense has never been this strong and its a result of a team wide improvement. To be honest they are looking scary good right now.

Wow, I've watched more than 30 Celts games this season, but haven't noticed Pierce has been playing this well... They've been beasting thus far and with Perk back, I can only imagine they'll be even better, which is scary for the rest of the league.

Btw I take back what I said about Pierce lol, guess they do deserve to have all four make the AS team... Go figure.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Yes.

THE MTL
02-05-2011, 05:46 AM
I dont think a team should have that many allstars. Not everyone is a star on that team? Its impossible. Who are the role players??

Anyway, u cannot really argue against it as well. East snubs include Boozer & Smith, but KG's stats are just as good as Josh Smith and his team is winning more. Boozer missed far too many games. And the only other guard out East, was Felton....but Ray Allen's stats are almost as good as Felton's and considering Ray's role then they are just as good.

Trace
02-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Spurs are 41-8. They should at least have Parker, Manu and Duncan in there but then again there are a lot of good pgs in the West.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Spurs are 41-8. They should at least have Parker, Manu and Duncan in there but then again there are a lot of good pgs in the West.

West has more players who could go as all-star reserves. If Parker could replace anyone it's Duncan.

MickeyMgl
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
All-Star selection should have relatively little to do with winning and losing. That is to say, winning is not in itself a strong basis for selection. Usually, there is SOMEBODY on a winning team who stands out statistically, and if it's only one, then that team should have only one. A deserving player shouldn't be penalized for playing on a bad team. It's not necessarily easier to produce on a bad team. In some ways it is, and in as many ways it isn't.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
All-Star selection should have relatively little to do with winning and losing. That is to say, winning is not in itself a strong basis for selection. Usually, there is SOMEBODY on a winning team who stands out statistically, and if it's only one, then that team should have only one. A deserving player shouldn't be penalized for playing on a bad team. It's not necessarily easier to produce on a bad team. In some ways it is, and in as many ways it isn't.

In my opinion, if you are good enough to be an all-star you alone make that team quite good, at least not in the bad category.

Winning is a huge part of the game. Rondo, Pierce, Allen and KG - they all play really well this season, statistically there is no one to stand out, but should they be penalized because they play like a team?

hugepatsfan
02-05-2011, 10:44 AM

This is true. However, these 4 BOS players actually do deserve their spots based on their individual accomplishments.

SteBO
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
This is true. However, these 4 BOS players actually do deserve their spots based on their individual accomplishments.
This and coaches love to reward winning.

hyb152
02-05-2011, 01:41 PM
ARtest? HECK NO!

odom,pau,kobe for sure! bynum? maybe because there aren't any centers out west but not because he is deserving of the spot.

Tyson Chandler's more deserving than Bynum if you want to keep it with the traditional centers spot on the All Star roster.

flclfanman
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Does BOS desere for All Stars? nope. Rondo and Pierce, Thats it.

Replace KG and Duncan in the west with Boozer and LA.