PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love Named Replacement For Yao Ming In All Star Game

Rivera
02-04-2011, 08:34 PM
VIA ESPN fast break on tv

Congrats love well deserved

:clap:

EDIT:

Minnesota Timberwolves center Kevin Love has been selected as the final Western Conference reserve for the Feb. 20 All-Star Game.

NBA commissioner David Stern made the selection Friday.

Love replaces Yao Ming, who is injured and out for the season.

Love is averaging 21.4 points and a league-best 15.5 rebounds and shooting 43.9 percent from 3-point range. He has 34 straight double-doubles but plays for a team with an 11-37 record.

West coach Gregg Popovich will determine who replaces Yao in the starting lineup.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2011/news/story?id=6091625

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Justice!!!!!!!

Gators123
Awesome, Well deserved :clap:

Korman12
woo!

29$JerZ
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Hawkeye can now relax and not kill some townspeople tonight

LTBaByyy
Just saw it breaking news on ESPN!

SOOOOOO happy for him!!!! :clap:

Baller1
Good.

Swashcuff
We Wanted Love

We Got Love

:clap:

Still doesn't make up for snubbing him initially however.

I bet Hawkeye is still gonna be upset. :phew:

MiamiWadeCounty
he deserved it

heatking
02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
congrats to the big fellow, a season like this has not be seen in a while.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
LMAO @ the OP tagging Hawkeye15 :laugh:

RZZZA
and now there is balance in the force

kingbrentg
Now hawkeye can stop pouting. :)

Gators123
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM

:laugh2:

Rivera

lol someone noticed :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 other people just made this same thread

riveras thread>all others who made the same thread :laugh2:

zB_#85
definitely the right choice. deserving, the kid is beasting this year.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Well deserve

AI4MVP
02-04-2011, 08:42 PM
thank god. it wud have been great to see nash obv for me, but kevin love deserves to be on this team just as much as anyone else on it

Bruno
02-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Justice granted.

kblo247
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Terrible selection. The numbers merit it but the actual impact behind them are meaningless when all you have is 11 wins, while Aldridge and Randolph are actually helping their teams win and making an actual impact. It does a disservice to those two to actually contribute positively on a winning team as primary and secondary options and to the history of the league as well since you have to go back to 03 and the 80s to see the only other bigs selected off the last place team in their conference. Good for Love though to get to play in LA since he is a former Bruin, I guess. Now he needs to actually win some games to prove he was worthy of the selection after the break.

I totally get why Stern would do this since they are trying to finance a new arena and bump up attendance. Biz decision plain and simple.

I just don't like that Aldridge an Randolph go without praise for actually helping their teams win games while stat stuffing. Of course one guy could get in if Melo is moved out the conference, but I don't even know how that would work selection wise (I'd assume Stern would pick again).

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
lol someone noticed :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 other people just made this same thread

riveras thread>all others who made the same thread :laugh2:

:up:

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
well now hawkeye can come out of his room :)

avrpatsfan
02-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Thank god.

F*(&"Next Year"
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Glad the deserving player is going in the end

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2011, 08:50 PM
:love:

CityofChaos
02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge got robbed....again.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Terrible selection. The numbers merit it but the actual impact behind them are meaningless when all you have is 11 wins, while Aldridge and Randolph are actually helping their teams win and making an actual impact. It does a disservice to those two to actually contribute positively on a winning team as primary and secondary options and to the history of the league as well since you have to go back to 03 and the 80s to see the only other bigs selected off the last place team in their conference. Good for Love though to get to play in LA since he is a former Bruin, I guess. Now he needs to actually win some games to prove he was worthy of the selection after the break.

Well blow me down!!!

I honestly didn't know basketball was comparable to boxing, tennis, golf, wrestling etc etc.

It is a TEAM sport. Give up on it dude he was a GREAT selection. Came late but say what.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM
easy choice. thank goodness.

thesparky33
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM

I totally get why Stern would do this since they are trying to finance a new arena and bump up attendance. Biz decision plain and simple.

I just don't like that Aldridge an Randolph go without praise for actually helping their teams win games while stat stuffing. Of course one guy could get in if Melo is moved out the conference, but I don't even know how that would work selection wise (I'd assume Stern would pick again).
Love is ranked 5th in win-shares...

Crackadalic
Yesssssssssssss there is a nba god:worthy::worthy:

Slimsim
Well deserved

tredigs
easy choice. thank goodness.

I still disagree with this line of thinking on K. Love, but I do like the choice.

I'd have been fine with him, Monta, L.A., or Nash.

But at least this will appease the masses a bit.

TheDiggler
02-04-2011, 09:00 PM
If they had this All Star Game without Love, it would be laughable. The guy is a BEAST.

Well, well deserved Mr. Love ! But not the right was to nominate him "only" as a replace.

NokomisLiving
02-04-2011, 09:00 PM

I don't get it man, bad selection because the rest of the team blows chunks? Whatever, Love is putting up historic numbers. Have you even watched a wolves game? Watch one and then evaluate how much help Love gets compared to those other guys, seriously.

Jewelz0376
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I thought a few others were more deserving than Love, but in the end I could care less either way...

mttwlsn16
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Hawkeye can now relax and not kill some townspeople tonight

lmao

well deserved by k love glad to see him in there.

now kick tim duncan out and put in aldridge

mttwlsn16
02-04-2011, 09:08 PM

youre right, lamar scrodum should have made it over him
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: to you

hgtiger32
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM

ill be the only person on here who will kind of support you. I don't think its a terrible choice cause he's deserving. I would've went with Lamarcus A ahead of him, but that's just me. Hell LA/Love shoulda been there instead of Duncan to begin with

Well deserved

ill agree, he deserved it

*the only problem i realy have is that Yao barely played this year and was still voted in as the starter. some changes have to be made with that. Like you need to play in a # of games in order to become a starter

kblo247
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Love is ranked 5th in win-shares...

11 wins with a scorer like Beasley and an adequate PG and C isn't impressive or deserving of him being labeled an all star. Historically there are only 2 bigs before him to be selected from the worst team in their conference. He didn't deserve it in comparison to guys who actually help their teams put actual Ws in the win column. Alrdridge and Randolph help their teams actually win and should be rewarded for it. The Wolves have been in a bunch of games but this isn't grade school where you get rewarded for effort and almost achieving something, this is the NBA and western conference where other forwards are contributing to their teams and actually getting much better results than a guy who for all his stats has led his team to a record on par with the Cavs.

droalex
Congrats!

NokomisLiving
now kick tim duncan out and put in aldridge

I like the idea :)

valade16
I would've liked to have seen LMA, but both deserved it. I guess that means his play is historic enough to overcome his teams deficiences.

kgjfan243
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
congrats k love

JamaicanYouth
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice good **** love u deserved it just as much as griffin an more than duncan still feel bad for Lamarcus tho

Tony_Starks
02-04-2011, 09:26 PM
The least deserving of all the snubs but ok I guess.... He did play at UCLA so whatever, bring him home.

IversonIsKrazy
02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Well deserved. Aldridge was the only player snubbed in the West imo.

Avenged
02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I like it. Wolves fan have something to be excited about.

Kyben36
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
can we stop *****ing now.

Nighthawk
02-04-2011, 09:41 PM
All is good in the world

pd1dish
02-04-2011, 09:44 PM
much deserved

i was glad steve nash wasnt chosen like some speculated. love deserved it more

More-Than-Most
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
can we stop *****ing now.

No because Nash is still snubbed. He is having 1 of his best statistical seasons with little to no weapons on a bad team. He lost Richardson and Amare and is balling and gets no respect.

DeyAce
02-04-2011, 09:52 PM
well deserving

Nighthawk
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
No because Nash is still snubbed. He is having 1 of his best statistical seasons with little to no weapons on a bad team. He lost Richardson and Amare and is balling and gets no respect.

:cry::cry:

Furymaker
02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
damn this all star game will be just great , west's big man turned out to be as near to east or even better .

Love well deserved !

Nash is snubbed :(

KingPosey
02-04-2011, 09:58 PM
all you guys can stop crying now.

NothingbutWill
02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
YAY LOVE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln80ngR0CLY

Mplsman
02-04-2011, 10:33 PM
"Everyone around the world, c'mon!"
:dance:

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 10:49 PM

and Love is having a season never been matched on a bad team. He deserves it.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
alright, I took a step back from the basketball cliff. While I still think its a joke the assistants didn't vote him in, Stern corrected the mistake quickly.

Chronz
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
11 wins with a scorer like Beasley
Beasley scores 1.03PPP

and an adequate PG
Luke Ridnour is his PG, hes average. And hes like their 3rd or 4th best player. If thats an adequate supporting cast then I have a 20 inch ****.

and C
Darko is his center

isn't impressive or deserving of him being labeled an all star. Historically there are only 2 bigs before him to be selected from the worst team in their conference. He didn't deserve it in comparison to guys who actually help their teams put actual Ws in the win column. Alrdridge and Randolph help their teams actually win and should be rewarded for it. The Wolves have been in a bunch of games but this isn't grade school where you get rewarded for effort and almost achieving something, this is the NBA and western conference where other forwards are contributing to their teams and actually getting much better results than a guy who for all his stats has led his team to a record on par with the Cavs.
Maybe, I dont feel like anyone got snubbed considering the talent in the West, but you gave some pretty ****** reasons

More-Than-Most
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
and Love is having a season never been matched on a bad team. He deserves it.

I never said Love Didn't deserve it. Regardless who is in and who isn't Nash is still a monster snub. I am happy Love got in and quite frankly find it disgusting that it had to come down to an injury for him to get in.

flclfanman
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

DwayneMVPwade
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
good. All we need is now is Timmy D droping out of the All star game and giving his spot to Aldridge

Fireworld
02-04-2011, 11:25 PM
he deserved it

beasted86
02-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Forgot that David Stern names replacements and not coaches.

Love had no chance with the coaches voting because of the history of how they vote.

Good for Love, hope this inspires him to prove he is worth it and lead his team to some wins after the break.

bklynny67
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
The least deserving of all the snubs but ok I guess.... He did play at UCLA so whatever, bring him home.

the MOST deserving you mean... his team sucking shouldnt keep him from being an allstar. an allstar is about personal achievements, not team accomplishments.

the lack of basketball knowledge on this board is rediculous.

Energy
02-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Deserved it.

Hellcrooner
02-05-2011, 12:40 AM
si now duncan starts of course.

i thought stern decided the starter not a coach.......

Hellcrooner
02-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Forgot that David Stern names replacements and not coaches.

Love had no chance with the coaches voting because of the history of how they vote.

Good for Love, hope this inspires him to prove he is worth it and lead his team to some wins after the break.

Dude from our little debate earlier I could tell that you are a much smarter poster than that. That makes zero sense. For the last time Kevin Love is NOT LeBron James. Should they have a better record? YES! But honestly how much games do we expect them to win with that roster? I'd say 14-15 MAX.

Kevin Love is not the team. This is a team sport.

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 12:43 AM

The least deserving who also happens to be the best player right. Hell I'd take that.

Chi StateOfMind
02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
thank you should of been there already but ill take it:worthy:

nickdymez
02-05-2011, 12:45 AM
the MOST deserving you mean... his team sucking shouldnt keep him from being an allstar. an allstar is about personal achievements, not team accomplishments.

the lack of basketball knowledge on this board is rediculous.

So you think he deserved it more than Lamarcus aldridge or steve nash? Can i question your basketball knowledge? Not saying he did or didnt.. But them guys are doing some pretty good things dont you think...

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 12:46 AM
He deserved it. Would have been terrible had he not played in the all-star game.

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
So you think he deserved it more than Lamarcus aldridge or steve nash? Can i question your basketball knowledge? Not saying he did or didnt.. But them guys are doing some pretty good things dont you think...

Yes - he deserved it over both of them and it's not even close. Love is putting up historic numbers. He is a beast.

nickdymez
02-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes - he deserved it over both of them and it's not even close. Love is putting up historic numbers. He is a beast.

lol... You know what.. I just took a look at his stats and your absolutely right... I stand corrected... Thats pretty insane what he's doing.. I know he's been killing it, but i didnt think it was like that.... Now im thinking its ridiculous that he was left off in the first place...

NYM1989
Never should have been a replacement he should be on the team over Griffin, Duncan and Manu IDC what anybody says

NokomisLiving

This. And yes they are doing really well, but you can't say that a man doing something that has not been duplicated in 28 Years is not as deserving. Hell if he continues his awesome 3pt% and his FT% he makes NBA history.

kobebabe
02-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Love got some well deserved Love:clap::clap:

bklynny67
02-05-2011, 12:53 AM

Love, Aldridge, and Nash should have all been chosen before Duncan, but of those 3, Love deserved it most.

nickdymez
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Never should have been a replacement he should be on the team over Griffin, Duncan and Manu IDC what anybody says

Ok, this is what i dont agree with.... Look up griffins numbers, coupled with the fact the game is in la, and when they went head to head griffin owned him... But with that said, Love should have never been left off this team...

bklynny67
02-05-2011, 12:56 AM

lol not only should Duncan not be there, but now he's starting? i figured that would happen cuz of Greg Pop. how stupid! :facepalm:

beasted86
02-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Dude from our little debate earlier I could tell that you are a much smarter poster than that. That makes zero sense. For the last time Kevin Love is NOT LeBron James. Should they have a better record? YES! But honestly how much games do we expect them to win with that roster? I'd say 14-15 MAX.

Kevin Love is not the team. This is a team sport.

14-15 max? I hope you mean before the break.

A completely injury riddled Heat team that fielded D-league call ups as starters for half the season won 15 games. That can't be the ceiling for a team with players as talented as Love and Beasley, and a roster that hasn't had any injuries to their starters. Ridnour is having one of his best years as well as Darko. Their ceiling cannot be 15 games.

They should be a 25 win team, and they are off pace by about 7 games with their current win percentage.

NokomisLiving
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM

A completely injury riddled Heat team that fielded D-league call ups as starters for half the season won 15 games. That can't be the ceiling for a team with players as talented as Love and Beasley, and a roster that hasn't had any injuries to their starters. Ridnour is having one of his best years as well as Darko. Their ceiling cannot be 15 games.

They should be a 25 win team, and they are off pace by about 7 games with their current win percentage.

Yeah I hope they win more than 14-15. But we have had a lot of injuries. Flynn, Webster, Beasely, Tolliver, Koufos, Darko. And for the past two games Ridnour has been gone due to family stuff and Brewer is our starting SG over Wes right now (Puke). As a wolves fan I will never understand the reasoning of Love should be able to win more games for his team because our team really sucks haha. Take Love out and replace him with any other star and they still don't make the playoffs, maybe win a couple more but they don't come close. We need A LOT more pieces.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Nnniiiccceeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 01:39 AM

OBVIOUSLY I am talking about the first half bro. I'd expect that Team to at least win 22-25 games. That is why I said "should the have a better record". Meaning that yes in all honesty I saw some games where the literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

So what IF they win 25 games does that merit Love being selected for the team?

Raph12
02-05-2011, 01:44 AM
I though Aldridge would get it, without Roy they have the 8th seed out West and that has alot to do with Aldridge's stellar play... Although Love does have better stats.

beasted86
02-05-2011, 01:58 AM
So what IF they win 25 games does that merit Love being selected for the team?

No more what ifs when it's not even close.

Wolves aren't close to the pace to win 25 games.... and listen to what we are talking about anyway. 25 wins is terrrrrible.

Anyway, my point is Love needs to step it up, primarily defensively. He needs to be the leader of the team and set an example if he's a supposed all-star on the 2nd worst team. That's all I'm saying.

KingPosey
02-05-2011, 02:06 AM

If thats true thats total Bull ****. Stern should have NOTHING to do with the rosters. Im sooo sick of Stern having his hand in everything, and it ALWAYS reflecting his own agenda.

Kakaroach
02-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Well deserved, congratz to Love.