PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller thinks Blake Griffin gets too much respect

Gators123
02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Andre-Miller-thinks-Blake-Griffin-gets-too-much-?urn=nba-317096

"It's all publicity and hype,'' Miller said. "The league don't appreciate the blue collar workers. They don't appreciate that. They make their money off the high-flyers ... That's a slap in the face to LA.''

What particularly irked Miller, who is in his 12th NBA season, is the selection of Griffin, the Clippers rookie. Griffin is averaging 23.0 points and 12.7 rebounds.

"They are putting this guy on every ESPN highlight. Yeah, it's cool because fans want to see that, but you isolate him from his team,'' Miller said. "Especially ... he ain't made nobody better. It's basically his rookie year, as an All-Star? LeBron James(notes) didn't make an All-Star team as a rookie.''

I thinks hes jealous :shrug:

Phenomenonsense
02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm sure no one in LAC cares what Andre Miller has to say about their organization or its players.

netsgiantsyanks
02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
nvm.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
andre miller is one of the most underrated players, and douche bags, in the league. everything i've ever read about him indicates he's just an ***.

Atticus Finch
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Andre's just mad because he can't dunk

Wade>You
LBJ didn't average 23/13 his rookie season.

clutchski
Griffin is averaging 23.0 points and 12.7 rebounds.

As a rookie. That's why he's getting a lot of the hype this year. It's not just about the great dunks..although that definitely started it.

Phenomenonsense
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
its true if you think about it.

Yea, I'm sure Jordan's explosion as a serviceable C and Davis' resurgence as a serviceable starting PG have nothing to do with the amount of attention BG already demands. He demands attention with or without the ball.

bigsams50
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
He does get a little too much hype, but the kid is just flat out balling right now. 23 and 12.7 for a rookie is insane.

DoMeFavors
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Most players dont like him, they hard foul him a lot and pick on him.
Maybe he is cocky and has an ego. He might be what LeBron is today in 5 years.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
its true if you think about it.

LeBron James also wasn't averaging 23, and 13 as a rookie either...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-04-2011, 07:28 PM

damn u beat me to it!

HoopsDrive
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
He's right. 4 Cs got voted in + TD based largely on their team's record. But they snub LA? The guy kept the Blazers afloat amid a **** load of injuries to key personnel. I can't believe they have a record over .500

LA got snubbed. But whatever, you know. It's just an ASG and there's only so many spots in one team.

nstojic
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
:laugh: it's a ****ing allstar game, miller.. it's for the fans and it's a showcase of excitement and showmanship.. love should be in there based on numbers but all those people don't pay money to watch kevin love grab boring rebounds in a school yard game atmosphere... besides, he just doesn't like griffin, to begin with..

Phenomenonsense
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Miller is mad because Griffin pushed him around in the paint while trying to get the ball. He's mad because Griffin was stylin on him.

Avenged
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
He's not so off. Too much hype, and too many highlights. People like to see dunks, which is why he's always on ESPN or whatever.. The game is in L.A so of course that gave him an extra push..

But it isn't like he doesn't deserve it. I actually find it refreshing. Many players get into the ASG off of reputation.. this guy is just a rookie so he doesn't have much of that and still made the ASG.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Coming from miller means nothing

bigsams50
02-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Miller is mad because Griffin pushed him around in the paint while trying to get the ball. He's mad because Griffin was stylin on him.

:laugh: "Oh you mad cuz i'm stylin on ya" haha

SF25
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think "Griffin gets too much respect" is the right wording for how he feels. What he's saying is ESPN and everyone dick rides the hell outta Griffin and he's tired of hearing about it (which I agree as well). He never knocked the fact he's having a great season or that he's a great player and doesn't deserve respect. He's just saying he receives too much attention and thinks Aldridge deserved it over him because he's led the Blazers to a winning season and averaging 25 ppg and 9 boards since Roy went out. IMO LA got snubbed hella, I think Griffin deserved it but there were definitely other players who he for sure should've gotten the spot over.

29$JerZ
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
It's a popularity contest...

It's just jealously or a combination of disliking a rookie as an all star with a losing record + ESPN loving him.

John Walls Era
02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I agree that Griffin is getting a lot of hype. BUT he deserves it.

rickshaw
02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
He's right. 4 Cs got voted in + TD based largely on their team's record. But they snub LA? The guy kept the Blazers afloat amid a **** load of injuries to key personnel. I can't believe they have a record over .500

LA got snubbed. But whatever, you know. It's just an ASG and there's only so many spots in one team.

soo he's wrong?

Nighthawk
02-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Miller STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake shouldnt have made it. But he did. Move on and live life.

Doogolas
02-04-2011, 07:37 PM
He's averaging 23/13, outrageously amazing numbers. On top of that, of course he's on every highlight, for the same reason LeBron is on every highlight, insanely cool looking plays.

BkOriginalOne
02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Dear Andre Miller,
You Mad!
Sincerely, Donald Sterling

Griffin is getting 23, 13 and 3.5 dimes, that's an all star especially when you throw in the highlights. The only thing Griffin's game is missing is defense, but with his athletics, he can def get 2 blocks per game and maybe a steal and a half.
Griffin is going to more for the clippers than Lebron has done with the Cavs and the best part is, We all know Griffin is a clipper for life.

TheDiggler
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
:laugh: Who cares what Andre Miller thinks/says ? Blake doesn't. So as I.

CountSackula
02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
He's just upset because Griffin's gotten more attention in his rookie year than he has his whole career.

Phenomenonsense
02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
He's just upset because Griffin's gotten more attention in his rookie year than he has his whole career.

I had to google him to figure out who he was ;)

Dol-Fan
02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Let's just forget about him averaging 23/13 for a second, and forget about all of his highlight reel dunks. Miller saying he doesn't make his teammates better? I'd say a ROOKIE power forward averaging close to 4 APG is making his teammates better..

nstojic
Miller STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake shouldnt have made it. But he did. Move on and live life.

what's your reasoning for saying he shouldn't have made it?

kikeyanez
andre miller a hater st8 up

Avenged
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Let's just forget about him averaging 23/13 for a second, and forget about all of his highlight reel dunks. Miller saying he doesn't make his teammates better? I'd say a ROOKIE power forward averaging close to 4 APG is making his teammates better..

A PF at that.

He is single handedly making the Clippers tolerable to watch and they have some quality wins as well.

Nighthawk
what's your reasoning for saying he shouldn't have made it?

kevin love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CountSackula
I had to google him to figure out who he was ;)

:laugh2:

When I searched for him, Google suggested Reggie Miller :p

BIG worm
02-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Dear Andre Miller,
You Mad!

Griffin is getting 23, 13 and 3.5 dimes, that's an all star especially when you throw in the highlights. The only thing Griffin's game is missing is defense, but with his athletics, he can def get 2 blocks per game and maybe a steal and a half.
Griffin is going to more for the clippers than Lebron has done with the Cavs and the best part is, We all know Griffin is a clipper for life.

Clipper for life? What makes u so sure of that?

nstojic
02-04-2011, 07:54 PM
kevin love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you make it sound as if love was head and shoulders above griffin in 'deservedness'... griffin has better numbers and a game waaaay more suited to the all-star game tempo and purpose....

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
He's just a hater. Griffin>Aldridge

BIG worm
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Griffin is much better then love. Blake is sooooo much more explosive.

Nighthawk
02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
you make it sound as if love was head and shoulders above griffin in 'deservedness'... griffin has better numbers and a game waaaay more suited to the all-star game tempo and purpose....

u asked dude. I think love should of been a LOCK. Leading rebounder in the NBA isnt an All star?

ragee
02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Andre-Miller-thinks-Blake-Griffin-gets-too-much-?urn=nba-317096

I thinks hes jealous :shrug:

Nah... He's speaking out in behalf of Lamarcus Aldridge becuase he believes LA should be the one in the all-star game and not Blake...

Rego247
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Haters gonna Hate.

TheGiantYankee
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Does anyone hate Blake Griffin? I feel as if he is the only athlete that people don't hate, I am sure there is one person.

nstojic
02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
u asked dude. I think love should of been a LOCK. Leading rebounder in the NBA isnt an All star?

if anything, loving love so much, why aren't you calling for him over gasol? superior numbers, no?

how are you gonna overlook that in an all-star game format, no one gives a **** about rebounds.. ?!? sure, even rodman made a couple of ASG's and so should love but you have to at least, acknowledge the fact that the majority of fans want the 'showtime', not the '9 to 5'

nstojic
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Does anyone hate Blake Griffin? I feel as if he is the only athlete that people don't hate, I am sure there is one person.

why should they?

iliketurtles24
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM
As a rookie. That's why he's getting a lot of the hype this year. It's not just about the great dunks..although that definitely started it.
then what about love my friend, better numbers might i add

nstojic
02-04-2011, 08:47 PM
then what about love my friend, better numbers might i add

pts griffin>love
rbs griffin<love
ast griffin>love
blk griffin>love
stl griffin>love

you see the pattern here?

USMCLaker
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
lol, I stopped reading at Andre Miller thinks.

Mane
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
He does get a little too much hype, but the kid is just flat out balling right now. 23 and 12.7 for a rookie is insane.

Yeah.

There's no denying he's a beast, but the level of hype is just ridiculous IMO.

Espn will put some of his dunks that aren't even all that impressive in their "top 10" (not that it matters).. But.. He's kinda being shoved down everyones throats.

nstojic
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah.

Espn will put some of his dunks that aren't even all that impressive in their "top 10" (not that it matters).. But.. He's kinda being shoved down everyones throats.

hype or not, he's got me doing THIS (THIS) every time it's on TV.. and pro sports is entertainment.. and he's entertaining.. isn't that all we want

drobe86
02-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Griffin is an exciting player to watch... But that it. He's no substance. yea he can jump, yea he can dunk, and he's great help defender. However he lacks a jump shot, low post moves, on the ball defense, and mid range and free throw shooting. His upside is much higher than Kevin Love, though Griffin mostly puts up empty stats. Because the Clippers almost always lose...

godolphins
02-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Right now every one love him(except Miller) but his first bad decision he make everyone will hate him

beasted86
02-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah.

ESPN has a tendency to shove everybody down our throat. It's annoying so I have stopped watching SportsCenter.

MTone8788
02-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Andre's just mad because he can't dunk

Think again foolish one.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2fgs9dFzo Andre Miller can fly.

Raph12
02-05-2011, 01:28 AM
He's just mad he can't jump...

Meatmypet
02-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Miller's mad that Aldridge didn't make it; not himself.

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 01:39 AM

i sure as hell hope not. cant see it happening either he never seems to lose is cool and from everything ive read he was truely brought up the right way. even in postgame interviews he seems pretty humble.
kinda the exact opposite of mighty mouse miller :facepalm:

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 01:41 AM
this link proves your point, www.meatspin.com

bahahahahaha i got fooled by that **** 3 or 4 yrs ago

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Think again foolish one.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2fgs9dFzo Andre Miller can fly.

uhhh. if he can fly then what does blake griffin do? bc that wasnt even that great a dunk

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 01:44 AM
hype or not, he's got me doing THIS (THIS) every time it's on TV.. and pro sports is entertainment.. and he's entertaining.. isn't that all we want

hes got u eating popcorn? lol

jim51990
02-05-2011, 01:47 AM
23 and 13 all i have to say

D-Amazins
02-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Haters gonna Hate.

Love the Sig...young Al Capone.....

BE IS THE BEST SHOW OUT !

MTone8788
02-05-2011, 01:57 AM
uhhh. if he can fly then what does blake griffin do? bc that wasnt even that great a dunk

uhhh. It wasn't meant to be taken so literally, sorry champ, I'll try not to go so over your head next time.

(btw, that's not a bad dunk for an older Andre Miller, he jumped from pretty far out :p)

sargon21
02-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Andre Miller is actually one of my favorite players in the league, and I think he's right in some way, but obviously Blake deserves to be in the ASG.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Honestly, I was the biggest Blake fan from Oklahoma to his missed season last year, and the beginning of this year, but once the world hopped on I kind of slowed off the bandwagon. He is getting a lot of attention from ESPN and other sports sites and channels.

I guess when your a player like Miller who is on a team that is still doing pretty good with ALL of those injuries, and you get 0 respect must hurt a little.

fadedmario
02-05-2011, 02:29 AM

He did average 20 - 5 - 5 which is just as impressive. And this is Griffin's 2nd year. :facepalm:

bahama0811
02-05-2011, 02:31 AM
I've always been an Andre Miller fan but he really just needs to be quiet. This comes off as him just being bitter.

nstojic
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Griffin is an exciting player to watch... But that it. He's no substance. yea he can jump, yea he can dunk, and he's great help defender. However he lacks a jump shot, low post moves, on the ball defense, and mid range and free throw shooting. His upside is much higher than Kevin Love, though Griffin mostly puts up empty stats. Because the Clippers almost always lose...

he's 'the' guy for his team.. his team has beaten some of the best teams, this year.. "clippers almost always lose" ??!? So, just cause the clippers have always sucked, even worse than right now, somehow, that's reflective on griffin, who's in his rookie year with this organization and has already made the clippers more relevant than they've ever been?

nstojic
02-05-2011, 09:29 AM
hes got u eating popcorn? lol

he's got me enjoying what i'm seeing

Trace
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Meh I just hope Blake continues to improve instead of relying on his athleticism and hustle. Teams will learn to defend him...like Brandon Jennings last year

barreleffact
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Dear Andre Miller,
You Mad!

Griffin is going to [do]more for the clippers than Lebron has done with the Cavs and the best part is, We all know Griffin is a clipper for life.

2 things:
1-You do realize lebron WAS the cavs right? I mean the guy got them to the finals and consistently made them contenders and had the best record. you are saying Blake will be bigger? The only thing bigger is a ring. not doubting him, but those are hard to come by.

2-How do we know he's a clipper for life?

kylem4711
02-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Meh I just hope Blake continues to improve instead of relying on his athleticism and hustle. Teams will learn to defend him...like Brandon Jennings last year

you should watch him play sometime.

JJOY60
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
He deserved to be in the allstar game, but he sure as hell is over hyped by espn. Try to go one day of watching Sports Center where he isnt mentioned. I dont think you can. Thats besides the fact that more than half of his dunks should be offensive fouls. He gets superstar treatment as a rookie. Its a pretty weird

Rego247
02-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Love the Sig...young Al Capone.....

BE IS THE BEST SHOW OUT !

yea man its winning awards left and right.

second season is gonna be even betta.

farren.louis
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
i Agree well not with the all star thing, but he is a ROOKIE (im a HUGE BLAKE GRIFFIN FAN) but at the same time he's a rookie im tired of seeing him on espn and no1 else on his team, plus its kinda like the baseball highlights you see the same thing everyday it's getting old and their over hyping him like they did lebron that's half the reason y no1 like Lebron now (plus he bailed out on his city, WAS A Le'Bron fan before he left clev. im from houston btw no hate here MIAMI fans) but yeah totally agree wit andre plus andre is a beast!! on the court

Heyyo1900
02-05-2011, 01:03 PM
andre miller is one of the most underrated players, and douche bags, in the league. everything i've ever read about him indicates he's just an ***.

I didn't realize how much of a douche he is until I watched the Pacers/Trailblazers game last night. I always assumed he was a nice guy.

jumpshot23
02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
No one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win the Slam Dunk Contest, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power.
In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?

0nekhmer
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
isn't he the one who shoved blake to the ground that one play?

knightstemplar
02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
he deserves respect

Rego247
02-05-2011, 08:17 PM
isn't he the one who shoved blake to the ground that one play?

yea, i guess he felt blake was punking him in the post two plays prior, so he shoved him.

magichatnumber9
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Who's Andre Miller? Didn't his Jerry curl spontaneously combust a couple of years ago?

boxout2011
02-05-2011, 08:30 PM
No one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win the Slam Dunk Contest, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power.
In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?

Betting on Dunk Contest won't enjoy this year. Thanks to Griffin! =) You can visit GameOn247. They offer tournaments every 15 minutes that feature Vegas style games and Sports Picks. :cool:

highpost86
02-05-2011, 09:53 PM
I totally agree. GameOn247 makes so much fun. There is a real-time Leader Board. I became Today's Champion last week and felt like I won the Slam Dunk Contest.

nstojic
02-06-2011, 01:06 PM
He did average 20 - 5 - 5 which is just as impressive. And this is Griffin's 2nd year. :facepalm:

you do know griffin didn't actually have a '1st' season because of injury, right? :laugh:

ElMarroAfamado
02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Andre Miller is such a hater....anything Clipper related he hates on its not our fault he ****ing sucked his time here.

And respect? I think people respect that fact that hes great...but he still gets treated like a rookie. Especially on the road its easy to notice he still doesnt get calls (like rookies) and guys try to punk his ***.

ElMarroAfamado
02-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Who's Andre Miller? Didn't his Jerry curl spontaneously combust a couple of years ago?

hahaha

Clippersfan86
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Your sig is amazing. One of my idols man. Good stuff. Bruce Lee FTW

Clippersfan86
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Wow please delete your account because absolutely everything you said was false. This whole post basically tells me you've NEVER watched the Clippers play besides when they play the Mavs. That's the opposite of what Blake Griffin is. Every opposing coach and player says they are most amazed by his post game, ball handling, passing, court vision, energy, work ethic and hustle.... NOT his dunks or jumping.

He's actually a very weak help side defender and interior defender and a very good on the ball defender. He allows less points per isolation and perimeter scoring attempt than any other PF or C in the league at .6 points per possession.

If you think he's all hype and dunks here are some quotes.

"I think he's terrific," the Lakers' Kobe Bryant said.

"He's everything as advertised," says Malik Allen, a nine-year NBA veteran who plays for the Orlando Magic. "His energy is unbelievable, man. He's strong. He's quick. Plays fearless."

"If anyone is capable of changing Clippers culture, it's Blake," says Phoenix Suns Coach Alvin Gentry, who guided the Clippers for nearly three seasons from 2000 to 2003.

"He's the best athlete in the league right now," Gentry said. "I don't think people realize how hard he plays and how competitive he is." "I don't know if I'd vote him rookie of the year because he's not really a rookie but I'd definitely vote for him for MVP probably"

"He's a very good player," Rick Adelman said of Griffin. "He's explosive, he's strong. ... He's the real deal."

"I heard someone compare him to me and I said, 'What? We're both black?' That's it," Charles Barkley says. "He's bigger than me and more explosive than I was. And the thing that's scary: He doesn't even know how to play yet.

"When he learns how to play, it's going to be even more exciting."

"Blake Griffin is like Evander Holyfield.. he's the real deal. If I could buy a lot of stock in him I definitely would". Shane Battier.

I can get about 100 more quotes if you want. Please for your own dignity on this board... watch more of him before you make such outrageous claims. You're another dude who says "Blake Griffin is all dunks and hype" and anyone who's actually watched him play is laughing at you right now.

tredigs
02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
I watched the game where Andre and Blake got into earlier this season - he has a personal vendetta against the kid. I'd take zero interest in these comments if I'm Blake or the rest of the Clippers. Beyond that, he's flat out wrong.

Tdotraptors
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Andre Miller is a bum

ilovemyangel
02-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Andre Miller is just another sour grape like his teammate LA. Yes Blake Griffin is big, explosive and can jump, but there's more to him than just that. Watch his 47 point game and you realize he has some spin moves and a very sound bank shot. What made Andre Miller think that Blake is not more blue-collared than LA or is it based on their 27-24 record?? He averaged more points and rebounds. Or he could say that Blake made the team becoz he DESERVED it more than Aldridge.

bosox3431
02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
The NBA is full of whiney *****es.

cargobox
02-08-2011, 03:31 AM

he's not. lol

jzero
02-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Dear Andre Miller,
You Mad!

you do know griffin has an ego?
when was the last time a superstar stayed in an red, blue and white LA uniform?
still waiting for the response.....
waiting.....