PDA

View Full Version : why cant people seperate what a player does, when ranking players at a position

stlbest5in2013
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
im going to use PG as an example

williams (IMO) is the best player at pg

rondo is the best pure PG(IMO)

williams can do what rondo does in boston, im pretty sure rondo cant do what williams does in utah

then people compare westbrook to rose

westbrook cant do what rose does in chicago

rose could do what westbrook does in okc. wetbrook has the best scorer in the game to dish it to.

you can take a pg, who is good, and great at running an offense, that averages 12 points a game. put him on the heat, and he will have 11 or 12 assists a game at least. now does that make that pg elite????????? i wouldnt think so looking at the roster, but you can argue that for rondo, but rondo has the ability to score, just not that all around offensive games of williams and rose.

so by this, and you have to watch the games to understand what i am talking about, not use stats, and follow one team. who is the best pg in the league

i would say

williams
rondo
paul
westbrook
rose

how who is the best "player" at pg

i would say

williams
rose
rondo
paul
westbrook(im not putting felton in my top 5 of anything pg related. he was not a top 5 pg last year in charlotte, and he plays in a system for him to thrive. nash did things in dallas, before he got to PHO, felton's best year was last year, and it wasnt top 5 worthy, sorry knick fans)

maybe pg is the only position this can be discussed, and it also shows how in fact this is a PG league.

because at every other position, the top playes are almost 100% interchangeable(sp), even durant and james, james is the better player, but if durant had wade and bosh im sure he can throw up the same numbers

the only other position you may not be able to flip players on a team and maintain what they do is at pf. that depends on if you want an all around pf, or a 1 way pf(offense) garnett, duncan, and gasol are probably the best defensive and all around pf's, the rest leave a lot to be worked on, on the defensive end.

this is for those, and everyone, but really for those who think westbrook and rose are in the same boat. sure as pg's they can be ranked right behind each other, but as players they can not. because they do different things for their teams, and are really two different players. this is not a shot at westbrook or any other pg, he is a hell of a player, but he is not rose, and rose can do what he does, easily.

SteveNash
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Carlos Arroyo is averaging 2 assists a game for Miami....

Deron CAN'T do what Rondo does in Boston.

Rondo CAN'T do what Deron does in Utah.

Westbrook CAN'T do what Rose does in Chicago.

Rose CAN'T do what Westbrook does in OKC.

Top players are really not that interchangeable. You really think Durant could do what LeBron is doing in Miami?

Chronz
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a heaping pile of crap to me, I stopped reading at watching the game and not use stats. What makes your eyes so godly? What makes you think people who use stats dont also watch the game? People who begin their topics like this are basically admitting they dont know what they are talking about and expect people to take their opinions without backing.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I stopped reading when you used the phrase "pure PG"

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
terrible thread with hypothetical situations that would never happen it's always gotta be "oh if so and so played there they would win 81 games" well it isn't happening so judge them for their situations not on what ifs

beasted86
02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
terrible thread with hypothetical situations that would never happen it's always gotta be "oh if so and so played there they would win 81 games" well it isn't happening so judge them for their situations not on what ifs

Your sig is hilarious.

haggis
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
huh?

5ass
02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
CP3 can do anything any other PG is doing on any other team, he can shoot, drive and dish thats why he is the best PG in the nba, deron williams is a very close second followed by rose then rondo