PDA

View Full Version : Will Griffin get the Noob Mj Treatment this allstar?

Hellcrooner
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Media is all over him, flashing dunks highlights everyday.
Most hype since Lebron.

I remeber Young and Cocky Jordan being selected for the asg and the consolidated stars Specially Thomas and Bird Denying to pass the ball to him the whole game.
He adressed it in his infamous HOF speech.

Do you envision West Veterans giving the humbling treatment to him?

Minimal
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Imo he will get a lot of touches in that game, he is young PF and prolly will get the most minutes and shots of other PF's.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2011, 01:03 PM
U mad?

have you seen him play, hes not only a dunker...

JNA17
02-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Griffen=future GPFOAT

Hellcrooner
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Griffen=future GPFOAT

Duncan is a tough Mountain to surpass.

Avenged
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
He will be the ASG MVP.

Hellcrooner
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
U mad?

Love or Aldrige were more deserving, specially because they have played some full season before .
Griffin has not even met rookie wall yet.

Im not a fan of rookies making Asg. I mean Jordan didnt get in his first season go figure.

redsox0717
02-04-2011, 01:11 PM
What the hell is 'noob MJ treatment'

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Media is all over him, flashing dunks highlights everyday.
Most hype since Lebron.

I remeber Young and Cocky Jordan being selected for the asg and the consolidated stars Specially Thomas and Bird Denying to pass the ball to him the whole game.
He adressed it in his infamous HOF speech.

Do you envision West Veterans giving the humbling treatment to him?

MJ wasn't the only player to start in the allstar game. Hell Isiah Thomas a few years earlier as a rookie started and no one treated him badly.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't think so... Larry Bird was kind of a jerk.

The only jerk in this all star game is Kevin Garnett. Can you think of another one?

kozelkid
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM

The only jerk in this all star game is Kevin Garnett. Can you think of another one?

Don't forget Isiah.

Ya, I don't expect them to freeze Griffin.

Max Power
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I doubt it. It's hard to fathom today's player caring that much about a meaningless game or being as jealous of Griffin as Thomas was of Jordan.

Jemikz9Clutch
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Love or Aldrige were more deserving, specially because they have played some full season before .

Im not a fan of rookies making Asg. I mean Jordan didnt get in his first season go figure.

jordan was in all star in his rookie year. he scored only 7 points due to the freeze out. then he scored 45 pts against the pistons right after the asg.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2011, 01:36 PM

leBron:shrug:

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 01:39 PM
ehh...I don't think Lebron is the type of jerk to punk someone on the court maliciously like that. His jerkiness doesn't come from a malicious place, more of an ignorance/idiocy place.

Atticus Finch
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't think so, Jordan made it a mission to personally go out and destroy those who froze him out. I dont think any of the all stars want to be on Griffin's next poster

beasted86
02-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Game being in LA will play a bigger factor.

Griffin will get plenty of chances to score.

Da Knicks
02-04-2011, 01:46 PM
ehh...I don't think Lebron is the type of jerk to punk someone on the court maliciously like that. His jerkiness doesn't come from a malicious place, more of an ignorance/idiocy place.

Thats funny, I dont think Griffin will get the so called freeze. Players now a days are too busy trying to be friends instead of competing. Maybe with this whole Lebron hate the league will finally have better games, if New York gets Melo i hope Melo and Lbj talk trash to each other and renew the knicks, heat rivalry.:clap:

KingPosey
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM

That SHOULD have nothing to do with it. And team record SHOULD also have nothing to do with it. All 3 are deserving, and its called the all STAR game. Blake is a bigger star than either already at this point. So if all 3 deserve it, you cant get mad that any one of them got it over the other.
And the game is different now. These guys are all buddies, players arent rivals anymore. They wont do it to the kid. Besides, LBJ made it his 2nd season, with no college years, as did many others. It would be dumb to see them freeze out Blak who is technically in his 2nd year, and went to college, so he is older than a some of these guys were their 1st go around at the ASG

Flash3
02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
no. Times have changed.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Game being in LA will play a bigger factor.

Griffin will get plenty of chances to score.

Also the Clippers are the host team, not the Lakers this time. So Griffin should get more tick.

Geargo Wallace
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
if anything I think the guys will be lobbing it to him all day. The all star game is very friendly nowadays and the older guys like to pretend like they're not trying anyways.

fire2last
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Difference here is that the media is the one hyping Griffin. It's not Griffin hyping Griffin.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Also the Clippers are the host team, not the Lakers this time. So Griffin should get more tick.

really ? did not know that.

stensley
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think so, remember that was orchestrated by isiah Thomas. I don't see any ***holes like him playing.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
the Jordon Freeze out was a little different.
Jordan came in the league, and I don't know if 'cocky' is the right word, but he had a lot of hype. Had his own Nike shoe, and if I remember right has his own warm-up jersey. So he was kind of promoting himself, marketing, and getting a lot of hype from the media, and from my understand it was Zeek who was like: Let's freeze this guy out and show him he's got to earn his stripes.

Hence the detroit bulls HATE-ON rivalry.

It was also a reason that Thomas got left off the Dream Team. Magic had heard that Thomas had spread rumour that Magic was gay, and Jordan knew about the freeze-out Thomas organized, and they were like: we aren't playing with thomas.

As for Girffen, he is nothing Jordan was that year. He's just a guy working hard, turning heads. He had a rough first year witht he injury, and he's coming on full force, and i got to imagine that a lot of players are happy for him, and the point guards are going to love having a forward like him that can cut to the basket and move without the ball, expcially at the all-star game.

Expect him to get a lot of lobs.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
^^ this. griffin has been a respectful rook, and theres no bad blood out there in the all star game these days. a little less cocaine goes a long way.

griffin is as exciting a player as there is in the game so id imagine he plays quite a bit.

Chacarron
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm sure him and CP3 will have plenty alley-oops.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I doubt he gets the Noob treatment. The game will be in LA, he's going to be greeted and treated like a hero. Especially if he wins the dunk contest the day before the ASG.

dtmagnet
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
No, players are all friends now remember? That's why they all want to hold hands and have a good time and be on the same team.

Iron24th
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
No,time has changed,players will look to him,for the show.

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM

umm..Kobe!

Rivera
02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
no the nba is soft and the nba players wouldnt have the heart to do this to blake griffin unless blake talks smack abt other allstars

Hellcrooner
02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Shinny Happy people?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583760 MAYBE NOT.

If he is irked i dont see why the Kobes, Durants and Duncan shouldnt.

Raph12
02-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Nah, no one really cares about the ASG anymore anyways, if anything he'll probably see a lot of lobs.

Hellcrooner
02-05-2011, 01:43 AM
You are also forgetting something.

KING OF L.A

Kobe enjoys being it.
Griffin is out there to steal the Bright light from the Mamba.

Expect a chuking show from #24.

Raph12
02-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe to win AS MVP, but you can expect that from Kobe, Melo, Lebron and Wade, as they always attempt upwards of 15 shots at the game... I doubt he gets shunned though, the game doesn't mean that much anymore.

alencp3
02-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Chill Shitcrooner
U mad because Griffin is already better than Gasol and he is 4 months in the league?

ROY, ASG MVP, Slam Dunk Champ, GOAT PF

Raph12
02-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Chill Shitcrooner
U mad because Griffin is already better than Gasol and he is 4 months in the league?

Doubt he can oust TimmyD's career accomplishments/overall skill...

Trace
02-05-2011, 05:36 AM
If you look at all the players on West, they all seem to be very nice so I highly doubt it unless he pisses off Kobe or something.

Unless Blake Griffin learns to plays defence, he's just going to remind me of an athletic Zach Randolph.

alencp3
02-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Doubt he can oust TimmyD's career accomplishments/overall skill...

Well you people doubted he will be better than Oden and will average more than 13/9

Hmmm...

icej
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I hope not, he's game (dunks) should be the icing on the ASG's cake.

DisturbedFTW83
02-05-2011, 09:14 AM
What the hell is 'noob MJ treatment'

hahaha

What?
02-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Well you people doubted he will be better than Oden and will average more than 13/9

Hmmm...

theres a big differnce between proving someone wrong who says he is going to be a bust and proving someone wrong who says he won't be the pf goat

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Chill Shitcrooner

:bla:

Hellcrooner
02-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Chill Shitcrooner

better than gasol?

davis, kaman, gordon and he is out of the playoffs.

gasol took a bunch of crap to the playoffs 3 times.

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 02:25 PM
no way. its technically a clippers allstar home game. its in LA, hes hugely hyped and amazingly talented. he will see plenty of minutes...just under started mins imo

mttwlsn16
02-05-2011, 02:27 PM
better than gasol?

davis, kaman, gordon and he is out of the playoffs.

gasol took a bunch of crap to the playoffs 3 times.

baron davis came into the season fat. and missed a good chunk of time
kaman has played 10 games
gordon has been brilliant, but is out now as well

BucktownUSA
02-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Blake won't be winning the slam dunk competition tho. Demar is the homecoming champion sorry

Insane
02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
what the hell is 'noob mj treatment'

lol

tredigs
02-05-2011, 03:40 PM

I would 100% agree with this, but add in a touch of "You can **** yourself, I'm the best player in the world" cockiness that exactly none of us can relate to (I say this as by far the cockiest person me or any of my friends know).

Anyway, will Griffin get this snub treatment? Considering he's playing along the likes of Cp3, Kobe (who has already said he respects him), and Durant - I doubt it. But, I almost hope he does. I want to see that fire dished some more logs.

Kashmir13579
02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
U mad?

:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Chill Shitcrooner

slow down there