PDA

View Full Version : Biggest All-Star Snub?

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:10 AM
many people here are saying K.Love got screwed the most, others saying L.Alridge , some saying Nash, and others (including myself think Boozer). so im asking you who do you think got screwed the most?

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Love, obviously.

210Don
02-04-2011, 03:13 AM
tony parker

sargon21
02-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Love, by a mile, then Boozer.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:17 AM
i mean even L.Odom deserved it more than T.Duncan

yanksrock
02-04-2011, 03:19 AM
1) Love 2) Aldridge 3) Boozer

As a Knicks fan, would have loved to see raymond felton make the cut. Unfortunately he is not completely healthy and had a bad stretch leading up to the break.

Mochalman
02-04-2011, 03:23 AM
dejaun blair got screwed

GoatMilk
02-04-2011, 03:25 AM
odom > gasol

and love should be in

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Tim Duncan earned his spot you messes. K. Love put up gaudy numbers, and I do like him, but the kid plays no defense what-so-ever, is on the absolute last place team in the Western Conference, and simply hasn't done enough in my mind to warrant this as a "snub" over Duncan what-so-ever.

Duncan is still the anchor on the best record-team in the league, you can accrue his drop in production mostly due to decreased minutes, and is a veritable legend of the game who's flat out still playing great basketball. If K. Love brought his team even somewhat out of the depths of the western conference (ala Blake Griffin), then we may be having a discussion.

But, not one player was a "SNUB" this year. There were just some very hard decisions to make, as usual. And honestly my roster would've been virtually identical to the one they have right now (coaches picks, not the starters).

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 03:26 AM
how did Boozer get snubbed? he missed like 20 freakin games. I think it's Love then Aldridge.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 03:26 AM
do they even play defense in all star games? Its just a show for the fans

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 03:27 AM
how did Boozer get snubbed? he missed like 20 freakin games. I think it's Love then Aldridge.

you're the only one who keeps harping about how much time he missed, you're the only one who seems to care...

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 03:29 AM
you're the only one who keeps harping about how much time he missed, you're the only one who seems to care...

actually lots of other people said it.

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 03:30 AM
why does that matter saddler? imo all that matters is the quality of your play, not so much the quantity... Boozer is a 20/10 guy.

I don't want him to play either, but not because he's not deserving, just because I don't think his health should be risked for something pretty dumb and meaningless

Vincent33
02-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Love, Aldridge, Odom, Boozer, Nash and the 300th player snubbed...Rashard Lewis

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 03:34 AM
why does that matter saddler? imo all that matters is the quality of your play, not so much the quantity... Boozer is a 20/10 guy.

I don't want him to play either, but not because he's not deserving, just because I don't think his health should be risked for something pretty dumb and meaningless

because his stats could be skewed...who's to say he'd be averaging 20&10 if he played in every game? i know he's done it in the past but still...u can't just assume he'd average those numbers if he played in every game. I hate Bosh like hell but he does deserve the spot over Boozer.

bklynny67
02-04-2011, 03:36 AM
many people here are saying K.Love got screwed the most, others saying L.Alridge , some saying Nash, and others (including myself think Boozer). so im asking you who do you think got screwed the most?

pretty obvious its Love. Duncan shouldn't be there at all.

Aldridge would be next, also should have made it over Love.

then Nash

i haven't seen anyone saying Boozer should be in it except Bulls fans.

The Raven
02-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Love

Rego247
02-04-2011, 03:39 AM
boozer.

just look at their record and the numbers hes putting up man, compare it to bosh's numbers. how does boozer not make it ? cuz he missed games? to miss the games and to put up the numbers hes been puttin, he deserves some recognition here.

love can still be on as a replacement, which im sure he will get.

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 03:40 AM
tony parker

yo im so sick of this spurs homer everyday i come on this dude is cryin about his spurs not gettin respect or someone get shafted....there are other players and teams and yes tony parker got shafted but r u serious tony parker over kevin love.CMON MAN!!!!!!!!

odom>gasol
odom>parker & tim duncan
odom=all-star

love>odom
love=all-star

aldrige and yes ur homer tony parker

RZZZA
well, it is true that Boozers numbers are superior to Bosh in every way - Ppg, Apg, Rpg...even his eff number is higher

Sadds The Gr8
love can still be on as a replacement, which im sure he will get.

they said nash is most likely gettin it

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Honest question for everyone so confident that the Love "snub" was indeed that:

When was the last time the absolute last-place team in a conference had an All-Star representative? I'd be willing to bet there's no more than one a decade.

sunsfan88
02-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Love, Nash, Odom THEN Alridge.

Boozer didnt get snubbed. Missed too much time to make it.

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 03:44 AM

When was the last time the absolute last-place team in a conference had an All-Star representative? I'd be willing to bet there's no more than one a decade.

pretty good point...i have Aldridge over him now

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 03:44 AM
and i actually see luol deng over boozer and not because of numbers....i mean what he has done to help our team he has really played extremely well this year

Rego247
02-04-2011, 03:45 AM
they said nash is most likely gettin it

wow that sux for love.

if nash gets it I certainly wont complain. for a guy his age his numbers are pretty stellar.

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 03:46 AM

what does that have anything to do with it there good players on crappy teams one being kevin love

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:47 AM
pretty good point...i have Aldridge over him now

I do too.

Aldridge has carried that team to a playoff spot without Oden and B. roy, and has just been such a monster this season.

If I had to pick reserves:

#1: L. Aldridge
#2: Nash
#3: Monta
#4: Love
#5: Parker

what does that have anything to do with it there good players on crappy teams one being kevin love

Point is, if he's as good a player as many of you believe him to be (he's not - dude sucks defensively, period), then he would be dominant enough to pull them out of being the worst team in the conference. Fair enough point, I think.

sunsfan88

Honest question for everyone who thinks Duncan deserved it over Love:

When was the last time the absolute last-place team in a conference had a player of Kevin Love's caliber? I'd be willing to bet there's no more than one a decade.

Sadds The Gr8

but there's a difference between your team being pretty crappy, and your team being in last place.

D1JM
02-04-2011, 03:48 AM

Blake plays zero defense. If love didn't get it then Blake shouldn't of gotten it over alridge neither. Blake plays on a losing team that is third place to last in the west. I expect them to lose at least 9 out of their next 11 game road trip

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 03:52 AM
but there's a difference between your team being pretty crappy, and your team being in last place.

still if anything i look at it like wow this team blows but look at what this kid is doin still playin nite in and nite out and puttin up those numbers

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Blake plays zero defense. If love didn't get it then Blake shouldn't of gotten it over alridge neither. Blake plays on a losing team that is third place to last in the west. I expect them to lose at least 9 out of their next 11 game road trip

Blake's man D is superior to Love's, and he's simply taking that team on his back right now after the 1-13 start. I would've been fine with Love instead of Griffin, but I think Blake is the right choice. He has made that team relevant again, and that alone earns an all-star slot in my mind (not to mention being arguably the most exciting player to watch in the NBA - and this is the All-Star game after all).

Also, I can 100% guarantee you they win more than 2 games on that trip. Minnesota absolutely being one of them.

bklynny67

thats because the last place team never has a guy putting up 21 and 15 with 47 double doubles including a current streak of 34 straight games.

if there has been someone like that on a last place team then they should make it too

Sadds The Gr8
still if anything i look at it like wow this team blows but look at what this kid is doin still playin nite in and nite out and puttin up those numbers

i know man but his team is in last place. u can say the same thing for aldridge and his team is actually winning. look at all the injuries portland has...i know Love is putting up disgusting #s but its not all about stats. i even seen love stat pad a couple times to keep his double double streak

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 04:00 AM
i know man but his team is in last place. u can say the same thing for aldridge and his team is actually winning. look at all the injuries portland has...i know Love is putting up disgusting #s but its not all about stats

ur right its not about stats look at some who made it.....but i mean love has PLAYED BETTER then duncan-gasol....i thought allstar selections were given to players who actually DESERVE them....its just a popularity contest which is whack....it should go to the people who deserve it the most......and love deserves it more then duncan and gasol and ginobli

bklynny67
02-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Blake's man D is superior to Love's, and he's simply taking that team on his back right now after the 1-13 start. I would've been fine with Love instead of Griffin, but I think Blake is the right choice. He has made that team relevant again, and that alone earns an all-star slot in my mind (not to mention being arguably the most exciting player to watch in the NBA - and this is the All-Star game after all).

Also, I can 100% guarantee you they win more than 2 games on that trip. Minnesota absolutely being one of them.

LOL 100% guarantee??? i love when people do that. its like, u think you're God or something. do u realize how many people make statements like that and end up being completely wrong?

just an NFL example, i'm sure u can go back in the NFL forums and find TONS of posts "guaranteeing" that the Patriots will beat the Jets and the Saints will beat the Seahawks in the playoffs this year.

you're just setting yourself up to look just as dumb as those fools.

_KB24_
02-04-2011, 04:06 AM
No snubs. You don't have a team as pathetic as the Wolves with any representatives in the ASG especially at the expense of the leader of the best team in basketball at the moment. And glad to see Nash didn't make it as well, the coaches got it spot on this year.

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 04:07 AM
No snubs. You don't have a team as pathetic as the Wolves with any representatives in the ASG especially at the expense of the leader of the best team in basketball at the moment. And glad to see Nash didn't make it as well, the coaches got it spot on this year.

he's taking yao's spot...

shep33
02-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Duncan shouldn't be on there.

jaysfan4ever
02-04-2011, 04:15 AM
do they even play defense in all star games? Its just a show for the fans

I've heard this argument way too many times. If the All-Star game is just a show for the fans, why aren't the fans voting ALL the players in? Why don't we just put a bunch of high-fliers that can't do anything but alley-oop? The fact of the matter is that the whole NBA community views the All-Star rosters as being the best players in the NBA. All-star appearances is one of the main stats that people use to see if a player is HOF-worthy. The All-Star game is reserved for the best OVERALL players in the game, not the most entertaining, even though it ends up playing out as a dunk-fest.

I don't see anyone complaining why Kevin Garnett with his 15.0 PPG is an all-star, why is Duncan not viewed the same way? And people are considering it a travesty for Parker to be considered over Love and Ellis? Love, a PF on an 11-win team who gets garbage rebounds off his soft centre, plays no D, and gets numbers by getting all the shots he wants. And Ellis, a player who gets huge numbers in a run-and-gun system, and can't get his team above .500 with a decent supporting cast. We're talking about the star point guard for the best team in the NBA. Yes, the whole Spurs roster doesn't have many points because they focus on defence and have a halfcourt offence that limits possessions.

San Antonio's big 3 win more games than any other team. If Boston's big 4 can all get into the all-star game, and Miami's big 3 can get into the all-star game, the Spurs' big 3 should as well. Take out Blake Griffin, and put in Tony Parker or Lamarcus Aldridge, and your West looks set.

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 04:23 AM
I've heard this argument way too many times. If the All-Star game is just a show for the fans, why aren't the fans voting ALL the players in? Why don't we just put a bunch of high-fliers that can't do anything but alley-oop? The fact of the matter is that the whole NBA community views the All-Star rosters as being the best players in the NBA. All-star appearances is one of the main stats that people use to see if a player is HOF-worthy. The All-Star game is reserved for the best OVERALL players in the game, not the most entertaining, even though it ends up playing out as a dunk-fest.

I don't see anyone complaining why Kevin Garnett with his 15.0 PPG is an all-star, why is Duncan not viewed the same way? And people are considering it a travesty for Parker to be considered over Love and Ellis? Love, a PF on an 11-win team who gets garbage rebounds off his soft centre, plays no D, and gets numbers by getting all the shots he wants. And Ellis, a player who gets huge numbers in a run-and-gun system, and can't get his team above .500 with a decent supporting cast. We're talking about the star point guard for the best team in the NBA. Yes, the whole Spurs roster doesn't have many points because they focus on defence and have a halfcourt offence that limits possessions.

San Antonio's big 3 win more games than any other team. If Boston's big 4 can all get into the all-star game, and Miami's big 3 can get into the all-star game, the Spurs' big 3 should as well. Take out Blake Griffin, and put in Tony Parker or Lamarcus Aldridge, and your West looks set.

u know what u have just made me look at the whole love being snubbed differently....i have never gone against myself but u have changed my mind thank u and i owe 210don an apology but the reason why there all not there is cuz there not what the fans wanna see

excellent comeback:clap:

cubswin25
02-04-2011, 04:35 AM
This is how I feel it should have went down

West
Replace Duncan with Love
Replace Yao with Aldridge

With Nash as the replacement if anyone is hurt

East
Replace Bosh with Boozer

If teams felt Boozer wasn't deserving due to games missed. Well then Luol Deng should have made it over Bosh even. When you compare Bosh is a 18.5/8.2 guy, while Deng is 17.8/6.2 at SF and playing great defense. With all the injuries the Bulls have had to have the record they have, a guy like Deng should have gotten more respect. Because without him playing so well the Bulls wouldn't be 34-14, with basically either Noah or Boozer out of the line-up in most of the games this year. He's had a lot more of a impact on the Bulls record then Bosh has had on the Heats.

sunsfan88
02-04-2011, 04:37 AM

Are you also glad Odom didnt make it?

210Don
02-04-2011, 04:38 AM
yo im so sick of this spurs homer everyday i come on this dude is cryin about his spurs not gettin respect or someone get shafted....there are other players and teams and yes tony parker got shafted but r u serious tony parker over kevin love.CMON MAN!!!!!!!!

odom>gasol
odom>parker & tim duncan
odom=all-star

love>odom
love=all-star

aldrige and yes ur homer tony parker

why u mad tho? :silly:

flclfanman
02-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Nuts and Bolts,Kevin Love got Screwed! :badidea:

Guys is having a monster year and gets snubbed b/c he plays on a garbage squad while the corpse of Tim Duncan gets a courtesy spot.

Last time I checked, the ASG rewards INDIVIDUAL accomplishment during the season, not the TEAM record.

If the latter were true Anderson Varejao and Kendrick Perkins should have been voted to last year's ASG b/c their teams had amazing records :bang:

JayW_1023
02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
double post

JayW_1023
02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
As a Spurs fan, I will gladly say Kevin Love deserved to be on that team over Duncan. So did Aldridge by the way.

*shrugs*

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 06:54 AM
There is still one spot in the game isn't it? YAO?

Minimal
02-04-2011, 07:22 AM
1) love 2) aldridge 3) boozer

as a knicks fan, would have loved to see raymond felton make the cut. Unfortunately he is not completely healthy and had a bad stretch leading up to the break.
This

TornadoOfSouls
02-04-2011, 08:47 AM
ur right its not about stats look at some who made it.....but i mean love has PLAYED BETTER then duncan-gasol....i thought allstar selections were given to players who actually DESERVE them....its just a popularity contest which is whack....it should go to the people who deserve it the most......and love deserves it more then duncan and gasol and ginobli

Ginobili's impact on games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Love's statpadded numbers on a crap team

Seriously, Ginobili has a +12.6 Simple Rating on 82games.com. Lebron and Dirk are the ONLY players with a higher SR rating. It's hilarious seeing the PSD posters content with the fact that Boston has FOUR all-stars but start *****ing about SA's TWO all-stars(even though they have the best record in the league).

ragee
02-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Dirk coz he has yet to make the starting lineup... With regards to Aldridge and Love, I'd say Aldridge... He is on a team that is winning games despite the injuries that has plagued them for years...

hotadef
02-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Love, Nash, Odom Alridge not boozer but deng is the anchor for the bulls after rose then deng

Flash3
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM

josh smith got snubbed more than boozer.... i mean joe johnson makes it over smith ? wtf ?

chitown4eva88
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
LaMarcus!!!

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I still can't believe you Bulls fans. Carlos Boozer missed 15 games to start the year. Let it go already. Had he been healthy and actually played he'd be in the game no questions asked but he is NOT a bigger snub that Kevin Love.

SteBO
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I still can't believe you Bulls fans. Carlos Boozer missed 15 games to start the year. Let it go already. Had he been healthy and actually played he'd be in the game no questions asked but he is NOT a bigger snub that Kevin Love.

Kevin Love should be there. If Blake Griffin can make it, then Love without a doubt should be there. He's averaging more points and rebounds for god sake. How is he not in? :shrug:

jensbalboy
02-04-2011, 09:46 AM
ZACH RANDOLPH !!!!!!!! come mon 20 points 13 rebounds

G:46 MPG:36,4 RPG:13,2 APG: 1,5 PPG 20,0 FG% 0,486 FT% 0,736

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Zydrunas Ilgauskas in 03.
Dwyane Wade in 07.

Good thing you didn't actually make that bet.

Big Z was added however because the East needed a C and NOT because he was a fantastic player.

Love still deserves a spot ahead of Tim Duncan IMO however. The season he is having is too gaudy not to be included in the team.

KaiserSose
02-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Love
Aldridge
Odom
Randolph
Monta
Parker
Bo Outlaw
Carlos Boozer

Spencesc11
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
1) Kevin Love - should have gotten Tim Duncan's spot (Great all time player but these two aren't even comparable this season)
2) Lamarcus Aldridge - the only reason the Blazers have a playoff pulse considering all the injuries (will probably take Yao Ming's spot)
3 ) Monta Ellis - Ginobli is clutch but Ellis deserves the nod here

The Spurs are a great team this year but not one of them has warranted all star credibility.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I do too.

Aldridge has carried that team to a playoff spot without Oden and B. roy, and has just been such a monster this season.

If I had to pick reserves:

#1: L. Aldridge
#2: Nash
#3: Monta
#4: Love
#5: Parker

You are usually a solid poster but to have Monta ahead of Kevin Love, there is NO justification for that whatsoever. NONE!!!!

Kevin Love has also been a monster bro. LA has lost Oden and Roy yet again and now he's without Camby, but Nate McMillan, their system and the Blazers supporting cast has a HUGE say in how well they have performed this season. LA has been amazing but he isn't LeBron James he isn't single handily leading his team to the promise land. He has solid Team effective core and superb veteran leadership. Don't downplay the impact that all those other factors have had on the Blazer team. Give Kevin Love that all those factors and I'd bet that his Timberwolves team would have a much better record than LA's Blazers.

One man is not a team. We are not talking about LeBron James.

Point is, if he's as good a player as many of you believe him to be (he's not - dude sucks defensively, period), then he would be dominant enough to pull them out of being the worst team in the conference. Fair enough point, I think.

Really?

Again I say is he LeBron James. What are you talking about Dominance? :confused:

Could you name the last time a player has lead such an inconsistent, immature, injury riddled, no defense playing (its not just Love) group of players to a much better record.

In 07-08 Dwyane Wade was voted as a starter and deservedly so. They were 9-32 at the break. Though Wade had his issue with injuries shouldn't he have been Dominant enough to lead his team to a much better record in the games in which he actually played. After all Wade was/is one of the Most dominant guards in the NBA and a MUCH MUCH better player than Love.

Kevin Love is very bad on the defensive end but sucking period?

Lets compare Kevin Love to Tim Duncan

in their overall PPS

Love- #202
Duncan #160

Isolation
Love- #187
Duncan- #209

Post up
Love- #69
Duncan- #18

PnR man coverage
Love- #18
Duncan- #44

per Synergy.

Is Love really at the point of sucking period. He's bad but not horrendous.

jtsunami
02-04-2011, 10:29 AM
KG will go down as one of the best PFs ever. But he's been hurt some and just flat out hasn't been dominating. I should know, he's on my fantasy team.

And he's a dick.

Niro
02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
not taking anything away from love

BUT

people always say monta is just padding stats in a run and gun system..yet the wolves play a higher pace than gsw (i think its even the highest in the league) and nobody cares.

double standart yes?:o

Flash3
02-04-2011, 11:03 AM

BUT

people always say monta is just padding stats in a run and gun system..yet the wolves play a higher pace than gsw (i think its even the highest in the league) and nobody cares.

no.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM

BUT

Love attempts 5 less shots per game than Monta in 5 minutes less per game and has few to no plays ran for/though him in the Timberwolves offense.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
There's no way Ellis got snubbed

kozelkid
02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't think Bosh or JJ deserve it. I'd rather put Josh Smith and either Deng or Boozer.
Smith because he has had the stats to be an allstar the last 2-3 years and has been snubbed, not to mention he'd certainly bring the excitement to the game. And Bulls should get one more allstar considering they are tied for the 2nd best record in the East. And Boozer has been putting up allstar numbers since he's been back. 30 games is more than enough proof. Or else you can make the case for Deng whose defense has been all-nba caliber and has been leading our team in minutes for that very reason. One or the other should also be representing the Bulls imo.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't think Bosh or JJ deserve it. I'd rather put Josh Smith and either Deng or Boozer.
Smith because he has had the stats to be an allstar the last 2-3 years and has been snubbed, not to mention he'd certainly bring the excitement to the game. And Bulls should get one more allstar considering they are tied for the 2nd best record in the East. And Boozer has been putting up allstar numbers since he's been back. 30 games is more than enough proof. Or else you can make the case for Deng whose defense has been all-nba caliber and has been leading our team in minutes for that very reason. One or the other should also be representing the Bulls imo.

Bosh has been putting up allstar numbers aswell so how does boozer deserve it over him ?

RZZZA
02-04-2011, 01:36 PM
because boozer has been putting up better numbers than Bosh? Although he is the number 2 and not the number 3 option like Bosh is on your team

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Bosh has been putting up allstar numbers aswell so how does boozer deserve it over him ?

Lets be fair 18 and 8 with a PER of 19.5 isn't better than 20 and 10 with a PER of 21.7.

Bosh DESERVED it over Boozer because he has actually PLAYED in 15 more game. Boozer missed 1/3 of the first half of the season (a third of a half :confused: lol) that is the reason why he isn't there. Bosh deserved the spot over him however.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 01:40 PM
because boozer has been putting up better numbers than Bosh? Although he is the number 2 and not the number 3 option like Bosh is on your team

you mean the slight numbers difference playing 15 less games

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM

In 15 less games.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Lets be fair 18 and 8 with a PER of 19.5 isn't better than 20 and 10 with a PER of 21.7.

Bosh DESERVED it over Boozer because he has actually PLAYED in 15 more game. Boozer missed 1/3 of the first half of the season (a third of a half :confused: lol) that is the reason why he isn't there. Bosh deserved the spot over him however.

that's basically what i said

Tarheels23
02-04-2011, 01:46 PM
An arguement could be made for Boozer in the East, but I do not think that he or Bosh belong in there. The problem is, there really is not anyone else who deserves it either. Maybe Felton? But then the East would have a lack of size.

Also, I know Love and Aldrige are having great seasons but noone talks about Zach Randolph who puts up monster numbers too.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Z.Randolph > Duncan

Flash3
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
An arguement could be made for Boozer in the East, but I do not think that he or Bosh belong in there. The problem is, there really is not anyone else who deserves it either. Maybe Felton? But then the East would have a lack of size.

Also, I know Love and Aldrige are having great seasons but noone talks about Zach Randolph who puts up monster numbers too.

like Barkley said choosing allstars in the east is like picking up chicks in a bar full of ugly chicks .... someone's gotta win.

i'll admit josh smith got snubbed

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 02:08 PM
that's basically what i said

You said Bosh has all star numbers as well which is not true. How could he have all star numbers when another player trumps him in virtually every category. He deserves to be there ahead of Boozer but not because he has put up better or equivalent numbers.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Love by a mile. Don't care whose next. Won't be watching all star weekend for the 4th year in a row, assuming Stern chooses another player for a lifetime achievement award, and picks Nash

Flash3
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
You said Bosh has all star numbers as well which is not true. How could he have all star numbers when another player trumps him in virtually every category. He deserves to be there ahead of Boozer but not because he has put up better or equivalent numbers.

i'm sorry that made no sense.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
i'm sorry that made no sense.

OK bro. One poster said that Boozer has All Star numbers to which you replied Bosh does as well. Well Boozer has better #s and better All Star #s. Do you understand now? You don't reply to someone saying that a player has very good numbers and them mention well said player has good numbers. Whatever point is Boozer does have better numbers but Bosh is more deserving.

Flash3
02-04-2011, 02:30 PM
OK bro. One poster said that Boozer has All Star numbers to which you replied Bosh does as well. Well Boozer has better #s and better All Star #s. Do you understand now? You don't reply to someone saying that a player has very good numbers and them mention well said player has good numbers. Whatever point is Boozer does have better numbers but Bosh is more deserving.

lol says who ?

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
lol says who ?

Dude did you read the forum rules..................;)

Corey
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Added a poll

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Felton???

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Time to vote

Slimsim
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
LA is the biggest snub

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Someone really voted for felton? Wow

Flash3
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
some one really voted for boozer ? wow

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Love should win by a mile but I still think Boozer > Bosh

unwantedplayer
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM

Lol...

G-MenAllDay3000
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm so sick of how the NBA runs the All-Star games. First off, you turn the starting lineup into a popularity contest among the fans, which isn't the worst idea, but there needs to be restrictions on the voting ballad, such as "a player must play x amount of games to qualify for the All-Star game". But the problem is compounded when you turn the reserves into yet another popularity contest, but this time among coaches.

How can you seriously even call it a yearly All-Star game when nothing about it is based on the players' performance for that season? The fans will vote for the players with the most commercials or the most highlights on ESPN, while the coaches will vote for the players who have had the best careers. It's a shame that players like Kevin Love or Monta Ellis or even Zach Randolph can have a better first half of the season than nearly everyone in the league, but lose out to people like Tim Duncan or Ginobili, who get in by default for their teams having the best record (same can be said of Boston, who basically will be sending their entire starting lineup to the game).

I'm not saying the players who were selected aren't good players, but I think the NBA should be giving some really serious consideration to ensuring that the players that are having the best statistical first half of the season get voted in, regardless of accomplishments in previous years or team success. I mean really, Tim Duncan could put up 10 and 3 per night and would still be selected to All Star game as long as the Spurs are good just because he's Tim Duncan. I'm actually quite surprised Shaq didn't make the list, the way these coaches vote lol. Why not make it 5 for 5 for the Celtics and just have the game be Celtics vs the West? It's ridiculous.

central2003
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
^^^ I couldn't agree with you more

central2003
02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
IMO Blake Griffin should not even be a All-Star because the Clippers are not having a good year plus its a disrespect to other rookies this year and last year who worked their butts off to show case their talent on the next level. If this was the case Tyreke Evans Last Year ROY should have been in the All-Star game for putting up huge numbers and he did not even have the talent around him that Blake currently has. Also Kevin Love got screwed out of a spot in the All-Star game. Just Like the NBA draft the All-Star Game is fixed and rigged, Its just another damn popularity contest.

SANDBURG23
02-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Boozer did miss to much time to be on the all-star team.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
^^^ I agree but he's still a 20 10 guy

dtmagnet
02-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Just K-Love, no one else.

ATX
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
I really want to go Love here...and that was my initial reaction. But I had to go Aldridge in the poll. Aldridge is having a beast of a season, and has really stepped up his production from last year. He has led Portland to a winning record, and all without Roy or Oden. His defense sets him apart too. I think he is the biggest snub, followed by K Love. One will get in, and I won't complain as long as it's one of these two.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Tim Duncan earned his spot you messes. K. Love put up gaudy numbers, and I do like him, but the kid plays no defense what-so-ever, is on the absolute last place team in the Western Conference, and simply hasn't done enough in my mind to warrant this as a "snub" over Duncan what-so-ever.

Duncan is still the anchor on the best record-team in the league, you can accrue his drop in production mostly due to decreased minutes, and is a veritable legend of the game who's flat out still playing great basketball. If K. Love brought his team even somewhat out of the depths of the western conference (ala Blake Griffin), then we may be having a discussion.

But, not one player was a "SNUB" this year. There were just some very hard decisions to make, as usual. And honestly my roster would've been virtually identical to the one they have right now (coaches picks, not the starters).

in most situations like this i would agree. but:
1. duncan has been playing less and that has hit him production-wise. not saying he's declined much but there's a reason they don't run the offense through him all the time anymore.
2. love is putting up all-time numbers. his team is terrible record-wise, but league consensus is that they've played much better than their record. the wolves llead the league in losses when winning going into the final quarter. not a great stat, but it shows his team isn't the cavs and they are improving. one guy, especially with his defensive limitations, can only do so much

i think he has to get the last spot in play of yao. but, for my taste, i think it would have been more appropriate to name love to the team and then put duncan on because of the respect he garners. this appearance probably means a lot to more to k.love than it does duncan.

Chronz
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM

The stats are alot closer than PER shows, Bosh is much more efficient and has already proven to be more efficient when playing as a primary option with higher usage and less assistance from his playmakers. Bosh is also the better defender and his superior +/- is indicative to his value to Miami, a team that sports the highest eWins and 2nd SRS in the league.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:12 PM
The stats are alot closer than PER shows, Bosh is much more efficient and has already proven to be more efficient when playing as a primary option with higher usage and less assistance from his playmakers. Bosh is also the better defender and his superior +/- is indicative to his value to Miami, a team that sports the highest eWins and 2nd SRS in the league.

Would you agree however that Boozer has the edge or do you think that Bosh has been better statistically.

bulls_world23
02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Boozer has the edge.

IversonIsKrazy
02-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Well since Love is now a replacement for Yao, I think you should re-do the poll and not include K-Love.

Western Snubs: LaMarcus Aldridge should've gotten over Tim Duncan
Eastern Snubs: Raymond Felton deserved 2 make it over either Ray or JJ

I'm Seriously
02-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Nash.

The guy is statistically the best PG in the West.(and per 36 the best PG in the NBA)

Has put the Suns on his back and absolutely carried them, that roster has no business being 1 game under .500.

Seriously how does a top 10 player who has the same stats as last year(which he started in the all star game) not make the all star team.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Damn, Lamar Odom even got snubbed from the PSD who got snubbed list. :laugh:

roygconner
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
NENE, how do you put up the numbers he's putting up and not be on the All Star team?

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Damn, Lamar Odom even got snubbed from the PSD who got snubbed list. :laugh:

Well a Celtic mod did create the poll sooooo :p