PDA

View Full Version : Be Upset for Lamarcus Aldridge

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 11:52 PM
I know people are still disgruntled about a certain guy on a horrid team that shall remain nameless but where's the outrage for LA? This dude has only held it down on a team missing its best player, and basically ALL of their bigs. All the while keeping Portland afloat WINNING while playing in the stacked up West. Just recently went off on the best team in the West for 40.

No love for Alrdridge?

Avenged
02-03-2011, 11:54 PM
There is not enough room for everyone unfortunately.

mzgrizz
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I will give it up for LMA. He's a true beast.

llemon
For $120,000, I will

Hellcrooner
I know people are still disgruntled about a certain guy on a horrid team that shall remain nameless but where's the outrage for LA? This dude has only held it down on a team missing its best player, and basically ALL of their bigs. All the while keeping Portland afloat WINNING while playing in the stacked up West. Just recently went off on the best team in the West for 40.

No love for Alrdridge?

he shoudl try to make 5 flashy dunks everynight.
works wonders.

mzgrizz
02-03-2011, 11:57 PM
he shoudl try to make 5 flashy dunks everynight.
works wonders.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
So THAT's what ZBo will need to do. Never gonna happen.

Geargo Wallace
02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
sounds like a big guy who used to play for the Raptors.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 12:13 AM
if Love got snubbed, LA was a no brainer for snubbing.

LA_Raiders
02-04-2011, 12:16 AM
He should be in place of TD

DwayneMVPwade
02-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Debateable between Love and Aldridge. We can all agree that Timmy D does not belong in the all star game

sunsfan88
02-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Love is better IMO.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
We Want LOVE!!!!

Hands down the player with statistically the greatest half a season ever and still not make the all star team.

Place Love on the Blazers and I'd be willing to bet my house that they'd be a better team. Love is the better and more valuable player. Don't fault him solely because he doesn't have the luxuries that other players have.

Be upset for LOVE!!!!

Lakerfrk
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Ya.. TD should have be out for one of LA or Love.. and then when Pau or Nowitzki is moved to the starting lineup, the other guy should have been on.. unfortunately now, only one guy will make it.

sunsfan88
02-04-2011, 12:56 AM
I think its a tie between Odom and Alridge on who should've made the All Star but Love is definitely superior.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-04-2011, 01:05 AM
There is still room for 1 more player to replace Yao.

It's either Aldridge or Love. I guess if Carmelo gets traded before the game, there's space for both.

lvlheaded
02-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Love and LA both had a very strong case for being there.

But I understand BG being put on the team, hes a commodity right now and people wanna see him everywhere. He was probably more of a publicity pick than based of play...although 22-13 is not too shabby for a rook

goblazers7
02-04-2011, 01:07 AM
There is not enough room for everyone unfortunately.

And your less deserving Pau Gasol made it. Thanks bud

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:08 AM

:facepalm:

kylem4711
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
eh. id rather have blake there.

Baller1
02-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Great player, but BG and Love have been better.

TheDiggler
02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm more upset for Love, but LMA ... get's overlooked, too.

tcav701
02-04-2011, 07:47 AM
LA or Love will be taking Yao's spot.

The question is which one?

SteBO
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Bitter much? Love is more deserving than LA imo and Avenged24 is right. Not everyone can get in.

Weezy
02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
LA is a beast.. I feel bad for him.

valade16
02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Bitter much? Love is more deserving than LA imo and Avenged24 is right. Not everyone can get in.

Everyone in here needs to take a second a be real with themselves. Before the season started, if I told you the blazers would be without Roy, Oden, And Camby pretty much all year, would ANY of you have them fighting for a playoff spot?!

Come clean, you know you'd have them sucking, yet they're above .500 because of Aldridge. And for the record, this is why advanced stats should be taken with a big grain of salt, LMA's win shares are lower than the previous 2 seasons, but anyone who watches a Blazer game will tell you he's way more responsible for our wins now.

mttwlsn16
02-04-2011, 11:32 AM

No love for Alrdridge?

that is why his numbers are inflated.
K love should get in hands down

valade16
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
that is why his numbers are inflated.
K love should get in hands down

Can numbers really be THAT inflated when your WINNING?

I thought a better definition of inflated was grabbing 15 rebounds when your next closest competitors are michael beasley and dark milicic...

beasted86
02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Yes, I already said from before he deserves an All-star more than Love.

Love is only leading the Wolves to a bottom 5 worst defense in the league and the 2nd worst record while LA and the Blazers are grinding out wins against tough teams.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Can numbers really be THAT inflated when your WINNING?

I thought a better definition of inflated was grabbing 15 rebounds when your next closest competitors are michael beasley and dark milicic...

Yeah I mean a guy averaging 5 offensive rebounds per game the most since Elton Brand in 02 really shows how inflated his stats are. I mean especially given the fact that on offense he spends a good deal of his time away from the basket. Yeah well said.

But hey he has so many bad teammates that miss so many shots that its super easy for him to do that right? That's why David Lee, Andres Biedrens, Amar'e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh etc etc have all averaged over 15 rebounds per game because they all play/played in a high paced system with poor rebounders as teammates right? :rolleyes:

valade16
02-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah I mean a guy averaging 5 offensive rebounds per game the most since Elton Brand in 02 really shows how inflated his stats are. I mean especially given the fact that on offense he spends a good deal of his time away from the basket. Yeah well said.

But hey he has so many bad teammates that miss so many shots that its super easy for him to do that right? That's why David Lee, Andres Biedrens, Amar'e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh etc etc have all averaged over 15 rebounds per game because they all play/played in a high paced system with poor rebounders as teammates right? :rolleyes:

Did I ever say he's a worse rebounder than any of those guys? :confused:

All I said was that Love plays on a team with no other rebounders. I mean the next two guys are at 5.8 and 5.1. They beasley and milicic, who even if they wanted to grab a board (which they don't), are terrible at it anyway.

Kevin Love is SO good he's single handidly carried his team to... 11, 12 wins?

LMA has the Blazers fighting in the playoffs without Roy, Oden, and now Camby. Tell me you saw him doing that. Show me where you said that would've even been a possibility before it happened?

beasted86
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM

1st, the Raptors were never a high paced team. Check their pace over the past 7 years.

Anyway, to the main point, let's get away from this debate point. Not trying to take anything away from Love, but if we are going to debate who's stats are more inflated, based on team record, pace, and individual impact on the team, there is no debate between Love & LA, so let's just stop that.

All-stars just aren't traditionally playing for the bottom 2 teams in the league. Aside from Wade & Shaq in 2008 voted in by the fans, I can't think of many others.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Did I ever say he's a worse rebounder than any of those guys? :confused:

All I said was that Love plays on a team with no other rebounders. I mean the next two guys are at 5.8 and 5.1. They beasley and milicic, who even if they wanted to grab a board (which they don't), are terrible at it anyway.

Kevin Love is SO good he's single handidly carried his team to... 11, 12 wins?

LMA has the Blazers fighting in the playoffs without Roy, Oden, and now Camby. Tell me you saw him doing that. Show me where you said that would've even been a possibility before it happened?

All those other players I mentioned played/play on teams with NO/WORST rebounders than Darko and Beasley so I don't get your point.

In the first half of the 07-08 NBA season how many wins did Dwyane Wade lead the Miami Heat to?

To answer your question I say this.

The Blazers are 14 and 9 since Roy has gone down.

In that stretch LA has averaged 25 and 9. Great numbers but guess what while he is the main reason for them playing this well he is NOT by any means whatsoever the only reason. A **** load of credit has to be given to Nate McMillan, Marcus Camby (when he was in the line-up), Andre Miller and the Portland Trail Blazers supporting cast. The team on a whole has stepped up and contributed and it reflects that every single time I see them play.

Am I surprised? Not really. Look at what happened in the second half of last season when they lost Roy. Didn't this very same thing occur? What LA has been doing is amazing but what is really very surprising to me is seeing a player average 20 points and 15 rebounds (one of only 3 players to do so since the NBA ABA merger) while shooting over 40% from the 3 and of 85% from the line, a feat that has NEVER been done in the history of the NBA.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
1st, the Raptors were never a high paced team. Check their pace over the past 7 years.

Anyway, to the main point, let's get away from this debate point. Not trying to take anything away from Love, but if we are going to debate who's stats are more inflated, based on team record, pace, and individual impact on the team, there is no debate between Love & LA, so let's just stop that.

All-stars just aren't traditionally playing for the bottom 2 teams in the league. Aside from Wade & Shaq in 2008 voted in by the fans, I can't think of many others.

Illgauskas 03.

As a Heat fan do you think Wade deserved to be an All Star that season?

To your point about the raptors not being high paced they were 10th in the league last season (the one in which I referred to) and as far as I am concerned if you are in the upper third in any regard you can be seen as one of the better/worst teams in that regard.

valade16
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
The Blazers are 14 and 9 since Roy has gone down.

In that stretch LA has averaged 25 and 9. Great numbers but guess what while he is the main reason for them playing this well he is NOT by any means whatsoever the only reason. A **** load of credit has to be given to Nate McMillan, Marcus Camby (when he was in the line-up), Andre Miller and the Portland Trail Blazers supporting cast. The team on a whole has stepped up and contributed and it reflects that every single time I see them play.

Am I surprised? Not really. Look at what happened in the second half of last season when they lost Roy. NBA.

I thought he was averaging 25 and 10 (could be wrong, just what I heard). And yes Camby stepped up, but since he went down they're 5-3 (game against Minny he played 7:30), still winning.

And the without Roy both years argument discounts a lot of context, mainly last year Roy had A LOT more lift and was able to drive effectively. If you watched him this year you'd see he wasn't the same, basically a jumpshooter (evidenced by his 4 ppg drop this year).

Just watch them this year and you'll see one thing LMA has improved on drastically, his post game. Before he was more a space the floor PF but this year he's played a lot more down low and is killing.

He is the biggest reason we are winning, and I think that deserves an all-star spot over an historic season on an historiclly bad team.

beasted86
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Illgauskas 03.
The Center position was just crap as a whole in the East that year. He really didn't deserve it in a typical scenario.

As a Heat fan do you think Wade deserved to be an All Star that season?
I'd say Wade was, not Shaq though. Difference is Wade was easily the best Guard (of both PG & SGs) in the East, so at the least should have been voted in as a reserve. He was without a doubt one of the best 5 guards voted on the team. The key difference is Love has a lot more competition in the Forwards in the West. Can you make an argument there are 4-5 more deserving Forwards in the West? Yes. Durant, Carmelo, Dirk, for sure... nobody here will debate Love against them. So what it really comes down to is can you make an argument for 1-2 more Forwards in the West better than Love? I say yes.

To your point about the raptors not being high paced they were 10th in the league last season (the one in which I referred to) and as far as I am concerned if you are in the upper third in any regard you can be seen as one of the better/worst teams in that regard.

Well 1st, they were actually 11th in pace. 2nd, considering at the All-star break Chris Bosh was averaging 11.5 rebounds, with the pace difference and considering the Raptors were a winning team shooting better percentages, it's not drastically far off what Love is doing at 15 at the break this year.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought he was averaging 25 and 10 (could be wrong, just what I heard). And yes Camby stepped up, but since he went down they're 5-3 (game against Minny he played 7:30), still winning.

And the without Roy both years argument discounts a lot of context, mainly last year Roy had A LOT more lift and was able to drive effectively. If you watched him this year you'd see he wasn't the same, basically a jumpshooter (evidenced by his 4 ppg drop this year).

Just watch them this year and you'll see one thing LMA has improved on drastically, his post game. Before he was more a space the floor PF but this year he's played a lot more down low and is killing.

He is the biggest reason we are winning, and I think that deserves an all-star spot over an historic season on an historiclly bad team.

Good post I will not discredit anything you said because you did state facts. Roy isn't the player he was last season. I do watch Blazer games (maybe as not as much as you) but I do have a good idea of what I am talking about.

LA has indeed improved a lot and it is showing in his overall play. He is not just cashing in on the fact that his team's best player and leading scorer is out.

The reason why I brought in the without Roy argument is just to state that the Blazers as a TEAM is resilient like that and it is in no way a shocker to me to see what they are doing right now.

IMO Love is still a better player than LA. That's my opinion if you disagree with me that is fine. I think that the better player, who is having the better individual season should be credited with an accolade such as being an "All-Star". That and I guess I value history more so than the average fan.

beasted86
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
IMO Love is still a better player than LA. That's my opinion if you disagree with me that is fine. I think that the better player, who is having the better individual season should be credited with an accolade such as being an "All-Star". That and I guess I value history more so than the average fan.

The big problem with this logic is typically, Coaches don't simply vote for the player having the better individual season.

Love can very well get voted in, but it would somewhat go against how they traditionally vote.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
The Center position was just crap as a whole in the East that year.

You asked for a player I gave you one quit b****ing ;)

I'd say Wade was, not Shaq though. Difference is Wade was easily the best Guard (of both PG & SGs) in the East, so at the least should have been voted in as a reserve. He was without a doubt one of the best 5 guards voted on the team. The key difference is Love has a lot more competition in the Forwards in the West. Can you make an argument there are 4-5 more deserving Forwards in the West? Yes. Durant, Carmelo, Dirk, for sure... nobody here will debate Love against them. So what it really comes down to is can you make an argument for 1-2 more Forwards in the West better than Love? I say yes.

First off Shaq did not make the All Star team that year. He did however in 2009.

Do you really think that there are 1-2 more forwards who are better than Love? If you say Tim Duncan (not better overall any longer but he's TD and his impact/presence on D is still as great as ever) and Blake Griffin I see your point but if you want to say Lamarcus Aldridge or Zach Randolph I'd really like to hear that argument.

Well 1st, they were actually 11th in pace. 2nd, considering at the All-star break Chris Bosh was averaging 12 rebounds, with the pace difference it's not drastically far off what Love is doing at 15 at the break this year.

My bad on the pace I mixed up last season and this season.

Bosh averaged 11.4 rebounds per game at the half last season along with 3 offensive. Love is at 15 with 4.9 offensive board per game.

I don't know about you but even considering the pace factor that is a remarkable feat. 3.6 rebounds per game are a lot in terms of comparing. The only reason it may not seem that way is because of the fact that 11.4 is an great number in its own right.

valade16
02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Swashcuff - fair enough. And for the record I'm no saying Love doesn't deserve to be an all-star, he is very deserving, this is just a freak year in the number of good PFs out west and really the spot could've gone to griffin, love, or LMA without much fuss from me.

And LMA is a better post-player than Love and a better blocker (though still not great at it), but Love is a better rebounder and passer (by a lot) and has more range on his shot. He's probably the better player overall, but the thing is LMA's post game is the only inside presence we have and if you switched them Love couldn't be the inside presence we'd need to win games, basically we'd be a chucking team, and even a great rebounder like Love can give a team like that only so many 2nd chances to make their shots.

And as for the resiliency, your right on the money there! But that resiliency is a product of our terrible luck lol. I remember a few years back the Blazers ran these ads that said "God is a Blazers fan" and I always joke, if he is, what's with all this bad luck!

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
The big problem with this logic is typically, Coaches don't simply vote for the player having the better individual season.

Love can very well get voted in, but it would somewhat go against how they traditionally vote.

For a season as rare as the one Love is having yes I'd say its worth going against the "traditional vote".

Though the Clips are doing much better as of recent (14-7 in the last 21 a stretch where he has averaged 26,14 and 5), they are still a mediocre team record wise and yet Blake was taken ahead of Aldridge, Randolph and Odom. Isn't that going against the traditional vote? Did they not select him based on factors other than winning or are his team's recent success a justifiable reason? Because the Blazers, Grizzlies and Lakers have all had their stretches of winning where those players have produced in a major way.

ElMarroAfamado
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
i havent gone through the posts...but has anyone read what Andre Miller said?
haha
hes mad

beasted86
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
For a season as rare as the one Love is having yes I'd say its worth going against the "traditional vote".

Though the Clips are doing much better as of recent (14-7 in the last 21 a stretch where he has averaged 26,14 and 5), they are still a mediocre team record wise and yet Blake was taken ahead of Aldridge, Randolph and Odom. Isn't that going against the traditional vote? Did they not select him based on factors other than winning or are his team's recent success a justifiable reason? Because the Blazers, Grizzlies and Lakers have all had their stretches of winning where those players have produced in a major way.

I mainly think they voted him in because of the LA factor where the game will be played. Same thing as last year when Kidd got in. But overall Griffin should also be on that bubble for the last spot.

Considering Duncan is a Center, there is going to be 4-5 Forwards voted in. I think Durant, Carmelo, and Dirk are locks obviously, but the last 2 spots are between:

Aldridge, West, Randolph, Griffin, and Love.

Aldridge is easily the best defender out of that group, and he along with David West are the only one's who are leading scorers on two teams likely to make the playoffs. If I was a coach that's the biggest factor I am looking at. I would vote Aldridge and West in above Griffin or Love.... and surely Randolph.

Randolph isn't even the leading scorer on his team, and they aren't in the playoffs. He's last on my list, but people actually think he's better than David West for whatever reason. People don't mention West at all.

topdog
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM

No love for Alrdridge?

I felt he should be in consideration, but he is not as good of an individual player as those others mentioned as snubs. Plus, if you recognize him, shouldn't you also recognize Wes Matthews?

beasted86
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I felt he should be in consideration, but he is not as good of an individual player as those others mentioned as snubs. Plus, if you recognize him, shouldn't you also recognize Wes Matthews?

There are only 2 winning teams in the NBA without at least 1 all-star selected: Blazers & Grizzlies.

I think Aldridge being the leading scorer on a winning team that would go to the playoffs if started today should still stand for something in the NBA. I hope the coaches agree.

valade16
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Wes Mathews should be recognized for his great play, but he's not an all-star nor the leader of the team. He's averaging 16.3 ppg (up to 19 w/o roy), but he's still developing. I do love his defense though.

He's probably the only silver lining in all the injuries.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I mainly think they voted him in because of the LA factor where the game will be played. Same thing as last year when Kidd got in. But overall Griffin should also be on that bubble for the last spot.

Considering Duncan is a Center, there is going to be 4-5 Forwards voted in. I think Durant, Carmelo, and Dirk are locks obviously, but the last 2 spots are between:

Aldridge, West, Randolph, Griffin, and Love.

Aldridge is easily the best defender out of that group, and he along with David West are the only one's who are leading scorers on two teams likely to make the playoffs. If I was a coach that's the biggest factor I am looking at. I would vote Aldridge and West in above Griffin or Love.... and surely Randolph.

Randolph isn't even the leading scorer on his team, and they aren't in the playoffs. He's last on my list, but people actually think he's better than David West for whatever reason. People don't mention West at all.

People don't mention West because this season he has been a product of Chris Paul and Monty Williams. In all honesty replace him with Randolph or LA and they'd quite possibly be an even better team. And I know I know West is a much better shooter from 16-23 and the PnR yada yada yada but it could be argued that with another offensive rebounding presence and a legitimate inside scorer that Hornet team could be much more deadly.

Randolph is the better player and it is mainly because of his play over the past month and a half why the Grizz have creaped up to being a half game out of the play off race. Do you mean to tell me that IF Randolph's Grizzlies had won one more game he'd be in consideration ahead of Aldridge in your book? Because that is the feeling I get from this post.

It could be argued that last season Kidd was voted in not solely because the game was being played in Dallas but also because they had one of the better records in the NBA. While the game is being played in LA the Clippers are still the 3rd worst team in the West.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
There are only 2 winning teams in the NBA without at least 1 all-star selected: Blazers & Grizzlies.

I think Aldridge being the leading scorer on a winning team that would go to the playoffs if started today should still stand for something in the NBA. I hope the coaches agree.

They are separated by 0.5 games bro. Logically that isn't a sound argument. That could change between now and the break, would you then change your opinion on who is more deserving between the two?

Avenged
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Pau Gasol beats him in pretty much every facet of the game while being a #2 option and playing less minutes.

beasted86
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
People don't mention West because this season he has been a product of Chris Paul and Monty Williams. In all honesty replace him with Randolph or LA and they'd quite possibly be an even better team. And I know I know West is a much better shooter from 16-23 and the PnR yada yada yada but it could be argued that with another offensive rebounding presence and a legitimate inside scorer that Hornet team could be much more deadly.
2010-2011 Assisted%:
Griffin 66%
Love 62%
West 62%
Aldridge 55%
Randolph 51%

I don't think West is a product of anything. West is pretty much around what many starting PFs are in assisted %. You don't become the leading scorer on a playoff team being a product of anything. Anyway, I do feel the Hornets would be better with Aldridge and Love, but not Randolph or Griffin. Okafor is useless outside of 8 feet from the basket. They really need a stretch 4 with a 15ft+ jumper out of whoever is playing beside him. That's the only way New Orleans' methodical slow paced half court system will work. But we aren't comparing who is the best individual player anyway, just who is most deserving under their current circumstances.

Randolph is the better player and it is mainly because of his play over the past month and a half why the Grizz have creaped up to being a half game out of the play off race. Do you mean to tell me that IF Randolph's Grizzlies had won one more game he'd be in consideration ahead of Aldridge in your book? Because that is the feeling I get from this post.
Even if the Grizz won more games, that would only make more of a case for Rudy Gay, not Randolph.

It could be argued that last season Kidd was voted in not solely because the game was being played in Dallas but also because they had one of the better records in the NBA. While the game is being played in LA the Clippers are still the 3rd worst team in the West.

Yeah it can be argued, but that's just the feeling I got from it. I also feel Griffin was mainly voted in because of his hype and surprising impact as a rookie and where the game is being played, and the fact he'd make for a better show in the all-star game. But comparing his stats and record to the rest, he doesn't jump out as a definite pick over the others.

beasted86
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
They are separated by 0.5 games bro. Logically that isn't a sound argument. That could change between now and the break, would you then change your opinion on who is more deserving between the two?

No, but I could buy into the logic 100%.

I can't buy into snubbing both Aldridge & Randolph, and instead picking the PF from the worst team in the West.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 02:03 PM
2010-2011 Assisted%:
Griffin 66%
Love 62%
West 62%
Aldridge 55%
Randolph 51%

I don't think West is a product of anything. West is pretty much around what many starting PFs are in assisted %. You don't become the leading scorer on a playoff team being a product of anything.

Didn't I also say Monty Williams bro? He has given West a more prominent role in the offense than years past though his USG% may indicate otherwise. Also %assists isn't a very telling stat in this argument, what it does show is that certain player's possibly take better/higher % shots and which is a result of various other factors. I would also like to point out if you want to use %assists that over the last 4 seasons West's was 57%, 58.4%, 57.1% and 56.4%. So to say his hike in production has not benefited at all from the system that is ran in NO this season may not be accurate.

Even if the Grizz won more games, that would only make more of a case for Rudy Gay, not Randolph.

How could that be the case when Randolph is the player who has led their charge bad to .500 ball and has them in the playoff hunt? Rudy's production over the month and a half that Randolph has taken over has fallen a great deal. Zach is the reason that they've gotten to be this good.

Yeah it can be argued, but that's just the feeling I got from it. I also feel Griffin was mainly voted in because of his hype and surprising impact as a rookie and where the game is being played, and the fact he'd make for a better show in the all-star game. But comparing his stats and record to the rest, he doesn't jump out as a definite pick over the others.

Again to this I say. It goes against "tradition" doesn't it?

JayW_1023
02-04-2011, 02:12 PM
LaMarcus aldridge showed he is more than a second banana. He made Bosh his **** when the Blazers played the Heat last time. He deserves to make it over Duncan. And this is coming from a Spurs fan.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
My main thing with LA is the mere fact that he's not only putting up numbers but leading his team and his lead is translating to wins is huge. Portland should be absolutely horrible right now. As far as how the coaches usually vote that meets all the criteria. Thats why its a way bigger snub than Love IMO.

At the end of the day we all know Love has video game stats individually but the fact that his team isn't even competitive recordwise eliminates him going by traditional voting.

You can even argue that Blake Griffin has the Clippers competitive now, making a nice lil run in the past couple months.

Jenceman
02-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Love HAS to be in the game. Get Duncan the **** out of there.

5ass
02-04-2011, 08:30 PM
lamarcus is a beast, very underrated and probably deserved it over blake, but hey people wanna see blake dunk on people in the allstar game..

Bruno
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
If Portland still makes the playoffs with out ROY, then I'll feel bad.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
another great player who missed out, but i still think k.love has a better case.

DITKA4GOV
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Aldridge is an all-star in my book. The Blazers were really looking like an up and coming team, and injuries have killed this team. Roy situation is horrible, Oden has 55 year old legs, yet Aldridge has been just killing it.