PDA

View Full Version : ZBo snubbed

mzgrizz
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Can't believe the coaches chose a "rookie" from a losing team over Zach Randolph! Granted we just broke over .500, but ZBo was the biggest reason for that success. I am just speechless:speechless:

cardinals1226
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Can't believe the coaches chose a "rookie" from a losing team over Zach Randolph! Granted we just broke over .500, but ZBo was the biggest reason for that success. I am just speechless:speechless:

That rookie is having a far better year than Randolph. At 21, Griffin is in the top 5 in scoring, rebounding, and shooting percentage, averaging more points, shooting percentage, assists, blocks, steals, and nearly as many rebounds as Randolph. Plus, Griffin received far more votes and was fourth among forwards, while Randolph didn't crack the top 15. Because the Grizzlies have more wins doesn't mean Randolph is more valuable.

mzgrizz
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Well, I still can't believe it. Seems like paying dues doesn't fit in the NBA anymore. Rookies over vets with GREAT numbers on a winning team chosen by the coaches ; prima donna Euro players who won't come play with the team that drafted them.
What next? Voting a center in who hasn't played in months????

cardinals1226
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, I still can't believe it. Seems like paying dues doesn't fit in the NBA anymore. Rookies over vets with GREAT numbers on a winning team chosen by the coaches ; prima donna Euro players who won't come play with the team that drafted them.
What next? Voting a center in who hasn't played in months????

So you rather reward a player who doesn't deserve it over one who does? It's bad enough that Love didn't make it no reason to snub him and Griffin.

mzgrizz
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, I believe ; that is I BELIEVE that ZBo does deserve it. Difference of opinion, my Redbird fan.

MrfadeawayJB
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Hey MzGrizz let's try to take a positive out of this. With Z-bo being snubbed from the allstar game, maybe he will go crazy on the rest of the league. There isnt a duo of big guys out there that contain him from getting a double double. Maybe this is the motivation he and rudy need to push us into the playoffs.

mzgrizz
02-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I hope so Fadeaway. Look forward to some revenge tonight!! We will brave the ice/snow threat and get on down to the Forum!

Big Quett
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
So you rather reward a player who doesn't deserve it over one who does? It's bad enough that Love didn't make it no reason to snub him and Griffin.

Hey im the biggest Blake fan. But how does he deserve it over Zach?. How can you be viewed as a top player in the conference if you cant get your team over .500? Zach has been the NBA PLAYER OF THE WEEK TWICE THIS MONTH. Meaning he was the best player in the Western Conference.

And Love? He is so great that he has lead his team to 11 wins out of their 1st 47 games? The 2nd worst record in the league. So how is he making his team better? He is just putting up worthless numbers.

And if its all about stats why did Duncan make it? Oh yeah your supposed to reward WINNING teams. Not just stats that dont contribute to winning.

MrfadeawayJB
02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
^^^
Not to mention Z-bo dominated Love the other night and showed who the real allstar is

I Am Awesome-O
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I don't care about Zach not winning a popularity contest. Love and Griffin will be at home come playoff time. Meanwhile, after beating the Cavs, we are now officially slotted in the 8th seed. Now that we're there, we better not look back. Lookin' at you Lionel.

mzgrizz
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Well I'm still *****ing about it AND after he's named Western Conference Player of the Month today. ZBo owned klove this week. ZBo with 29 points and 14-15 boards tonight and the Grizz are in the 8 spot for now. Damn Stern.....What a putz !

cardinals1226
02-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey im the biggest Blake fan. But how does he deserve it over Zach?. How can you be viewed as a top player in the conference if you cant get your team over .500? Zach has been the NBA PLAYER OF THE WEEK TWICE THIS MONTH. Meaning he was the best player in the Western Conference.

And Love? He is so great that he has lead his team to 11 wins out of their 1st 47 games? The 2nd worst record in the league. So how is he making his team better? He is just putting up worthless numbers.

And if its all about stats why did Duncan make it? Oh yeah your supposed to reward WINNING teams. Not just stats that dont contribute to winning.

It's a popularity contest, as well as, stats. Griffin is a bigger name, flashier name to the fans, and all of his stats dominate Randolph's. The fans are the ones who play a huge role into deciding the All-Stars. You get 25 chances to vote, should have voted more. Randolph is deserving, but not more than Griffin.

Well I'm still *****ing about it AND after he's named Western Conference Player of the Month today. ZBo owned klove this week. ZBo with 29 points and 14-15 boards tonight and the Grizz are in the 8 spot for now. Damn Stern.....What a putz !

Stern plays no role in picking the reserves, it's the coaches. How is it his fault?

mzgrizz
02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
^^^ Because he chose klove over ZBo to replace Yao Ming

cardinals1226
02-05-2011, 01:40 PM
^^^ Because he chose klove over ZBo to replace Yao Ming

Who is just as deserving as Griffin. It's not all about record because if that was the case, the only teams with all-stars would be the Heat, Celtics, Magic, Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs.

mzgrizz
02-05-2011, 01:52 PM
I am still entitled to my opinion, yes? I believe there is a "youth" movement as well as a large market continued domination in the NBA and I am not feeling the love from the NBA. Yes, ZBo was named Western Conference Player of the Month last night, so it still doesn't figure to me that he was not named Yao's replacement. ZBo contends with a better scoring support cast to get his numbers than the Clips and the TWolves give Blake or Kevin. I do not dispute they are phenomenal talent. I dispute the fact that their accomplishments have overridden ZBo's in the NBA's coaches and commisioner's eyes.

Predator
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
i think ZBO should have been in over griffin, but not over love love has had a phenomenal season and deserves it

MrfadeawayJB
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
i think ZBO should have been in over griffin, but not over love love has had a phenomenal season and deserves it

Not discounting what Love has done, But would you rather have Z-Bo's stats and team record or Love's stats and team record? The argument is not if Love is having a great individual season, cause the answer is YES, he is having a great season, but the stats are not as important because they are in losing efforts. Numbers are meaningless when you have Love in when the team is down 20 with 2:00 left in the game

mzgrizz
02-05-2011, 08:13 PM
^^^^^^^ Well said, Fadeaway
It's a media lovefest and klove is the newest media darling. He can average 30/30 and 75% for 3 pt shooting and still not lead his team to a winning record......yet. I have no doubt that Minny will be much better next year, but the Grizz are winning now.

Hellcrooner
02-06-2011, 05:31 AM
no snub here.

i agree Griffin shoudl by NO means be there sicne he has nto even played a full season.

but with pau dirk and duncan there is only so much room left and both LOVE and ALDRIGE are having a better season than zbo.

cardinals1226
02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
no snub here.

i agree Griffin shoudl by NO means be there sicne he has nto even played a full season.

but with pau dirk and duncan there is only so much room left and both LOVE and ALDRIGE are having a better season than zbo.

That has zero baring on All-Star selections. There have been numerous rookies voted to the All-Star game.