PDA

View Full Version : Kevin love snubbed.

dnewguy
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Reactions........

Furymaker
02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Maybe he can be replacement for Yao , he's having best season of all big man in west , and i think nash should get in too ...

jim51990
02-03-2011, 09:08 PM
duncan has no right being on that team i feel bad for love

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
if he isn't named as an injury replacement for Yao, it will be a travesty.

This pisses me off to no end. Whatever. The kid continues to be overlooked, his entire life, despite dominating. Who gives a ****

Gators123
02-03-2011, 09:13 PM

This pisses me off to no end. Whatever. The kid continues to be overlooked, his entire life, despite dominating. Who gives a ****

When do they name the replacement?

Public Enemy #1
02-03-2011, 09:14 PM
You can blame the T Wolves record, which is dismal. Teams with winning records get rewarded, thats the reason Duncan was selected. That and they didn't want to end his streak. Doesn't matter, there are snubs every year, people complain and moan, but it doesn't do anything. Maybe if the T Wolves start winning, Love will be selected. Same could be said about Ellis.

DwayneMVPwade
02-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Definietly thought K-Love should of made it. I dont have any feelings about it because I am not a Timberwolves fan. Lamarcus Aldridge also got snubbed. LA is carrying the Trailblazers with BROY out.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 09:20 PM
When do they name the replacement?

who gives a ****. They will probably name Bynum. I am so pissed off. Its interesting to hear every single coach the Wolves have played in the last 25 games say, "Yes, he is an all star. Numbers like that are not seen", and they vote this way.

Chi StateOfMind
02-03-2011, 09:20 PM
odom and love:facepalm:

40oz
02-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah he got screwed....

faze38
Definietly thought K-Love should of made it. I dont have any feelings about it because I am not a Timberwolves fan. Lamarcus Aldridge also got snubbed. LA is carrying the Trailblazers with BROY out.

This

AntiG
Love should be starting on the western squad.

Furymaker
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
You say teams with winning recors are rewarded , bulls have third best record in nba and have 1 all star ? Spurs with th best record have 2 while miami and celtics with worse record than spurs have 3 and 4 players .
Love should be in , at least he deserves it more than Blake

Bruno
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Yahoosports claims that Nash is the favorite to replace Yao. If that happens Gasol or Duncan will be bumped into the starting line-up? Not sure.

Where's the love for Love? He'll get it next year for sure. Reputation is everything and his has just started to blow up.

More-Than-Most
02-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I want love in but I want Nash in Just as much and would really be pissed if Nash ends up being snubbed.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
When is the last time someone on a team that bad record wise made it? I know D Lee made it last year but they weren't as bad as the Wolves. I can't remember someone on a team almost 30 games below .500 ever making it......

Kashmir13579
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM

Don't worry he won't be overlooked forever. He's a UCLA legend so i don't know if he's overlooked within' the scope of basketball:laugh2:

but soon he will be the focal point in bringing competitive basketball back to the TWolves. soon my friend, soon.

JayTee1981
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Have love replace Yao that bum

LTBaByyy
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow, this is so sad.

I guess he has to post up 30 and 20 now just to get in a lousy all star game

I hope he is the replacement he is 3x more deserving than Bynum for this season

LTBaByyy
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow, this is so sad.

redsox0717
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Maybe if the Timberwolves didn't blow he would get in. He's more of a stat stuffer in my opinion. If he was as great as some people say then he would help that team win more games, like LeBron did with the Cavs and that supporting cast. Until then he is a good player on a bad team, nothing more.

And the Wolves have won only three more games than the Cavs, who have lost 22 straight. Just throwin' that out there.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Someone from a local tv show brought up 2 good points..
First point is spurs have the best record and having manu be the only representative of them would be a big time snub so duncan had to make it and love was the only guy he could really replace out of those guys..
Second point and an interesting point is apparantly love has been doing some stat stuffing, how once his teams getting blown out and the other teams bench there good bigs is when he starts fiesting and rounding up the boards...
He mentioned against the grizzlies zbo was man handling him and love had like 2 points 4 boards or something heading into the 3rd and once the grizz benched zbo is when he went off..They played him basically the whole second half even though they were out of it..
Another time was against the clippers when griffen was feasting on him and love had like 5 boards and 4 points or something, clippers took out griffen because they had a huge lead and love happened to go off..
The other game was when i forgot the team but he had ZERO boards at half time and like 2 points then the other team got a comfy lead put in there scrub squad and he ended up with 11 or 12 boards or something..
However you cant argue with his numbers because they all count but who does he get the nod over??

Giraffes Rule
02-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe if the Timberwolves didn't blow he would get in. He's more of a stat stuffer in my opinion. If he was as great as some people say then he would help that team win more games, like LeBron did with the Cavs and that supporting cast. Until then he is a good player on a bad team, nothing more.

And the Wolves have won only three more games than the Cavs, who have lost 22 straight. Just throwin' that out there.

I wouldn't start that debate if I were you. Hawkeye is probably foaming at the mouth right now, and he will destroy the stat stuffing argument.

He better be the replacement for Yao. I thought Love would get voted and and Duncan would be named the replacement.

Bishnoff
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Nash is having another great season, but I think Love deserves it more. Nash has been an All-Star plenty of times. Let Love get his chance.

redsox0717
02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't start that debate if I were you. Hawkeye is probably foaming at the mouth right now, and he will destroy the stat stuffing argument.

He better be the replacement for Yao. I thought Love would get voted and and Duncan would be named the replacement.

There is nothing to destroy. Their record speaks for itself.

Giraffes Rule
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
There is nothing to destroy. Their record speaks for itself.

No, it really doesn't.

Supa
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
If they would just get the Anthony trade done, one more spot will be available.

---

More-Than-Most
02-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Whats with all the record ********? I am honestly curious. What does being an all star have to do with the teams record? Being amazing on a terrible team should carry as much weight as being amazing on a good/great team because in both instances the player is playing amazing. I thought being an all star meant the top player or players at that position... Both Love and Nash have been Fantastic this year and deserve to be in no matter how bad their respective teams have played. Winning takes more than 1 god damn player.

Hustla23
02-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Pretty crazy.

Love is putting up just insanely insane numbers. Who cares what your record is when you're playing as good as he is?

So the rest of his team blows chunks and is the reason they have a poor record is the reason you're going to use to penalize him even though he's playing at a near MVP level?

Not cool.

It's alright Love man. Your time will come soon if you continue to work hard.

knicks4life33
02-03-2011, 10:12 PM
if duncan doesnt deserve to be in then ray allent in the east doesnt deserve to be in lol . if duncan wasnt playing the spurs for sure wouldnt have the best record in the league. his presence there and defense and leadership is huge . neverthe less kevin love is a beast and deserves to be in but if this were the case we can go back many years and take out players who were on good teams and people who were on crappy teams putting up amazing numbers and should be in

Doogolas
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Biggest snub in history?

goose15
02-03-2011, 10:15 PM
David Lee made it on a bad Knicks team last year.. why not Love??

knicks4life33
david lee made it from injury exception which kevin love might make as well

AlvaROD
Odom and Love got the screw job......Duncan doesn't belong...I'm pissed off for L O

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Whats with all the record ********? I am honestly curious. What does being an all star have to do with the teams record? Being amazing on a terrible team should carry as much weight as being amazing on a good/great team because in both instances the player is playing amazing. I thought being an all star meant the top player or players at that position... Both Love and Nash have been Fantastic this year and deserve to be in no matter how bad their respective teams have played. Winning takes more than 1 god damn player.

The record argument is that the coaches religiously award winning. Whether we agree or not doesn't matter, thats simply what they've consistently done. There have been guys on below average teams that made it but so far never anyone on a last place team that I can think of.

Apparently everyone wanted them to change all that....

thekmp211
02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
ridiculous. cant argue with griffin, but lets just hope he gets put in as a replacement.

knicks4life33
02-03-2011, 10:17 PM
we can say there is some time of seniority in the allstar games

Doogolas
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
First point is spurs have the best record and having manu be the only representative of them would be a big time snub so duncan had to make it and love was the only guy he could really replace out of those guys..
Second point and an interesting point is apparantly love has been doing some stat stuffing, how once his teams getting blown out and the other teams bench there good bigs is when he starts fiesting and rounding up the boards...
He mentioned against the grizzlies zbo was man handling him and love had like 2 points 4 boards or something heading into the 3rd and once the grizz benched zbo is when he went off..They played him basically the whole second half even though they were out of it..
Another time was against the clippers when griffen was feasting on him and love had like 5 boards and 4 points or something, clippers took out griffen because they had a huge lead and love happened to go off..
The other game was when i forgot the team but he had ZERO boards at half time and like 2 points then the other team got a comfy lead put in there scrub squad and he ended up with 11 or 12 boards or something..
However you cant argue with his numbers because they all count but who does he get the nod over??

Bulls have the #3 record and only have one representative.

There is literally no proof of that at all.

AlvaROD
02-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow, this is so sad.

He definitely is, but what does Bynum have to do with this?....If anyone should be question here it's Duncan, since I think there's no way Bynum gets in..

Weezy
02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
he is young.. he will get it in the future.

Mplsman
02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Pretty ridiculous to leave Klove out this year.

topdog
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Does that mean the Celtics almost blow since they almost lost to the Wolves?

How is he "just a stat-stuffer" when he has the league's 6th best PER, dominates the league in rebounds and has another guy on his team averaging 20ppg? Not to mention his 40%+ 3pt. percentage and bid to become the record holder of most consecutive double-doubles... KG didn't do all of those things on bad timberwolves teams.

Lebron101
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Fail

Lebron101
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

PurpleJesus
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
i was a little frustrated when i saw he didnt make it, but you look at all the forwards in the west, and you can kind of understand it, you then also have to take into factor the wolves record. I think he should have made it in over Duncan, but unlike some, I actually do like players who make it in on reputation...Duncan has given so many great years to the game, and I like seeing players like him get the recognization.

BkOriginalOne
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
he'll get in because Yao won't play.

topdog
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM

I think Griffin generally owns the head-to-head match-up with Love - just a match-up thing especially with Griffin's athleticism. However, Love has posted his biggest numbers in competitive games like his monster game against the Knicks (a win) or repeated close games against the Spurs. Plus, watching a ton of Wolves games this year, it seems like Love has some slow starts because the offense doesn't run through him (remember Beasley takes a lot of shots).

I think Parker deserves a spot over Duncan, but it also seemed to be widely assumed that Stern would appoint him as the injury replacement.

AlvaROD
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm: you deserve one of these yourself.

cargobox
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Tim Duncan sucks

cambovenzi
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Does that mean the Celtics almost blow since they almost lost to the Wolves?

How is he "just a stat-stuffer" when he has the league's 6th best PER, dominates the league in rebounds and has another guy on his team averaging 20ppg? Not to mention his 40%+ 3pt. percentage and bid to become the record holder of most consecutive double-doubles... KG didn't do all of those things on bad timberwolves teams.

That has to be he worst case for suggesting he isnt a stat stuffer I have ever seen.
How is jacking up shots and getting rebounds proof that he doesn't stat stuff?

WSU Tony
02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
That has to be he worst case for suggesting he isnt a stat stuffer I have ever seen.

He is an efficient player, he doesn't jack up shots. Look up his percentages, basketball fan.

cambovenzi
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
He is an efficient player, he doesn't jack up shots. Look up his percentages, basketball fan.

Did he use percentages? just 3pt%.
He cited volume stats..

Read and understand what I am saying, human.

WSU Tony
02-03-2011, 11:01 PM
He cited volume stats..

If you truly wanted knowledge on the topic your talking about you would look up usage percentages before you called love a chucker. Loves game doesn't even resemble a chucker as you would find.

If you truly do understand what you read, then I encourage you to read about a topic before you speak about it.

topdog
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
He cited volume stats..

Really?! PER = Player Efficiency Rating. Meaning Love does not "jack up" shots but rather takes and makes shots, plays, gets rebounds ect. in a very efficient manner as opposed to putting up "volume" stats.

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Hawkeye said it best!!! If he isn't chosen as Yao's replacement it will be a travesty. WE WANT LOVE!!!!!

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
We Want Love!!!:mad:

WSU Tony
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Per
Fg percentage
3pt percentage
Rebound rate
Offensive rebound rate

Usage rate

I encourage you to look these up.

LA_Raiders
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Odom and Love should have made it...

TD and BG (rook vs soph) not...

IMO

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM

:shush::crazy:

You have no idea what you're talking about please just stfu and stop making a fool of yourself.

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Per
Fg percentage
3pt percentage
Rebound rate
Offensive rebound rate

Usage rate

I encourage you to look these up.

add Win Shares, Win Shares Per 48, FT%, TS% etc etc etc

baghdadbob
02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Duncan over Love? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

fadedmario
02-03-2011, 11:14 PM
He deserved it over Duncan

cambovenzi
02-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Really?! PER = Player Efficiency Rating. Meaning Love does not "jack up" shots but rather takes and makes shots, plays, gets rebounds ect. in a very efficient manner as opposed to putting up "volume" stats.

Look past the name of the stat and go look at the formula.
Any player that jacks up a bunch of shots, even at what is normally considered a bad%, will be rewarded in PER.
Rebounds and everything else are rewarded for volume too.

Please note that I never said he was purely a chucker or inefficient.
But rather questioned the reasoning used by someone saying he wasn't.

WSU Tony
02-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Look past the name of the stat and go look at the formula.
Any player that jacks up a bunch of shots, even at what is normally considered a bad%, will be rewarded in PER.
Rebounds and everything else are rewarded for volume too.

Please note that I never said he was purely a chucker or inefficient.
But rather questioned the reasoning used by someone saying he wasn't.

Ah, your argument spins.

I'm assuming you've now looked up his stats, although, I don't think you'll admit it.

meloman1592
02-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Love has to get in for the yao replacement....if not then im really gonna believe that the nba is fixed. As for those saying if nash doesnt get in then he's getting snubbed, he's not. He doesnt deserve it over paul,westbrook,or d-will. On the other hand, love deserves it more than duncan and pau

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM

you are aware that Love is #5 in win shares
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

He leads numerous categories, and is having a statistical season never duplicated in alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l the bad, ok, average, above average, and great teams ever?

You can throw out whatever you like. You obviously haven't watched Love's effect on a game, because obviously the ridiculous numbers never duplicated are not enough.

chonbon
02-04-2011, 12:09 AM
ridiculous ... ridiculous... seriously

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Love jacks up shots? Have you ever watched the Wolves?

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
you are aware that Love is #5 in win shares
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

He leads numerous categories, and is having a statistical season never duplicated in alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l the bad, ok, average, above average, and great teams ever?

You can throw out whatever you like. You obviously haven't watched Love's effect on a game, because obviously the ridiculous numbers never duplicated are not enough.

Bro don't bother.

Love is right now statistically having the best season of any none all star selection in the history of basketball. He'll get there. He better get there :mad:

mttwlsn16
02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
love BETTER get yao's spot. if not its a damn shame. its a joke that duncan made it over him too

DR_1
02-04-2011, 12:16 AM
if duncan doesnt deserve to be in then ray allent in the east doesnt deserve to be in lol . if duncan wasnt playing the spurs for sure wouldnt have the best record in the league. his presence there and defense and leadership is huge . neverthe less kevin love is a beast and deserves to be in but if this were the case we can go back many years and take out players who were on good teams and people who were on crappy teams putting up amazing numbers and should be in
Allen doesn't deserve it.

Crackadalic
02-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Kevin Love 21.4ppg 15.5rpg shoots 47% shoots 43% from 3 shoots 87% from the freethrow line and he is not a allstar?

Tim Duncan 13.6ppg 9.4rpg shoots 48% no 3's made 72% from the freethrow line and is in the allstar game?

I can understand winning and losing taking into account but come on son. Really? Are coaches that dumb? I get that TD is the greatest of all time but he shouldn't be in the allstar game. If its like that shaq would still be in the allstar game right now

What Love is putting up is Hall of Fame numbers and may never be seen ever again.

What pisses me off more about this is Blake Griffin making it and not Love. Don't give me wrong he deserve it and im proud he is the first rookie since Timmy to make the allstar team but if your going to put blake in, who is on a losing team, then you have to put Love in.

Ive watch a lot of allstar games and ive seen a lot of players snub but this by far blows all the other snubs out the water.

I hate that Odom and Lamarcus not making it but Kevin Love definitely should have made it. If he isnt in after the injury replacement is called then theres something wrong with all of this.

Anyone who said he is a stat stuffer is dumb. What David Lee did last year was a case of stat stuffing. What Kevin Love did was the case of a player doing his job night in and night out.

God im piss:mad::mad::mad::mad: Not a wolves fan but this is so wrong

_Supreme_
02-04-2011, 12:46 AM
He will get Yao's spot no doubt.

hgtiger32
im guessing it will be aldridge as replacement for yao

Hawkeye15
you can't possibly be as pissed as I am. The biggest snub in all star history.

Swashcuff
Kevin Love 21.4ppg 15.5rpg shoots 47% shoots 43% from 3 shoots 87% from the freethrow line and he is not a allstar?

Tim Duncan 13.6ppg 9.4rpg shoots 48% no 3's made 72% from the freethrow line and is in the allstar game?

I can understand winning and losing taking into account but come on son. Really? Are coaches that dumb? I get that TD is the greatest of all time but he shouldn't be in the allstar game. If its like that shaq would still be in the allstar game right now

What Love is putting up is Hall of Fame numbers and may never be seen ever again.

What pisses me off more about this is Blake Griffin making it and not Love. Don't give me wrong he deserve it and im proud he is the first rookie since Timmy to make the allstar team but if your going to put blake in, who is on a losing team, then you have to put Love in.

Ive watch a lot of allstar games and ive seen a lot of players snub but this by far blows all the other snubs out the water.

I hate that Odom and Lamarcus not making it but Kevin Love definitely should have made it. If he isnt in after the injury replacement is called then theres something wrong with all of this.

Anyone who said he is a stat stuffer is dumb. What David Lee did last year was a case of stat stuffing. What Kevin Love did was the case of a player doing his job night in and night out.

God im piss:mad::mad::mad::mad: Not a wolves fan but this is so wrong

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

hgtiger32
02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
not trying to start an argument. but if K-Love was a true All-Star his team would have more than 11 wins

hgtiger32
02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
you can't possibly be as pissed as I am. The biggest snub in all star history.

:facepalm: I know you're in Love with Kevin. But come on dude

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 12:54 AM

did you just fp me? you dont think Love is a monster snub? Please explain why

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:55 AM

The man is 100% right.

There has NEVER been a player who has averaged 21 and 15 at the break and not be selected to the ASG.

There are literally tons of other stats I can give to you to justify that statement because statistically he is BY FAR the best player over the first half of a season not to make the All Star team. He is 100% right.

koLohe2133
02-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Kuz he a whiteman!

Affirmative action is a b****!!!!

NYMetros
02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I think Monta Ellis was a bigger snub. I don't think a guy on the worst team in the conference should be in the all-star game. If you're that good, lead your team to more wins.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I think Monte Ellis was a bigger snub.

:facepalm:

Crackadalic
02-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Lebron James led his team to back to back 60+ wins yet he was the only allstar(they put mo in because they felt sorry for him)

If your not putting up the best numbers in your respective position you shouldn't be in it. Id take Love LA Odom Monta over Tim Duncan anyday of the week for this years allstar game

kblo247
02-04-2011, 01:07 AM
did you just fp me? you dont think Love is a monster snub? Please explain why

The fact that no player from the worst team in their conference has been chosen by the coaches since Big Z in 03 because the East needed a C comes to mind.

Love plays at the F spot where he has to compete with Blake, LO, Pau, Dirk, Z-bo, Aldridge, Scola, and even Duncan since they won't call him a damn center. The fact is all those guys I mentioned are better two way players, you might excuse him being a horrible defensive big because he isn't overly athletic but that can't just be overlooked. The fact is those guy actually help their teams win games and don't have a record that is comparable to the Cavs (who you like to point out how horrible they are now). He shouldn't be rewarded for losing over guys who are out there playing at the same spot, being better two way play, being at least comparably efficient, and helping their team win.

The fact is he isn't worthy of having an exception being for him because he averages 20 and 15, while only helping his team win 11out of 48 games. He just shouldn't, and you know he shouldn't.

You also being a stats and facts guy should also know that the western all stars are selected from teams with good records, usually .500 or better. Blake is being made an exception I admit because he is young, flashy, and has numbers for a rookie; that isn't right either but at least he has helped his team win almost double the games.

My main beef with anyone saying why should Duncan get in is that they ignore that he is the anchor of the best team in the league's defense, he is still the one player on that team who gets double teamed, and he can still get numbers when push comes to shove. My main beef with Love though is that no one says the same for Monta, Randolph in Portland, or Al Jefferson who all their teams win more out west thus putting a little bit more actual impact in those very same numbers.

In short with all due respect screw his stats because they have no actual impact on the win column in comparison to the other western forwards.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM
The fact that no player from the worst team in their conference has been chosen by the coaches since Big Z in 03 because the East needed a C comes to mind.

Love plays at the F spot where he has to compete with Blake, LO, Pau, Dirk, Z-bo, Aldridge, Scola, and even Duncan since they won't call him a damn center. The fact is all those guys I mentioned are better two way players, you might excuse him being a horrible defensive big because he isn't overly athletic but that can't just be overlooked. The fact is those guy actually help their teams win games and don't have a record that is comparable to the Cavs (who you like to point out how horrible they are now). He shouldn't be rewarded for losing over guys who are out there playing at the same spot, being better two way play, being at least comparably efficient, and helping their team win.

The fact is he isn't worthy of having an exception being for him because he averages 20 and 15, while only helping his team win 11out of 48 games. He just shouldn't, and you know he shouldn't.

You also being a stats and facts guy should also know that the western all stars are selected from teams with good records, usually .500 or better. Blake is being made an exception I admit because he is young, flashy, and has numbers for a rookie; that isn't right either but at least he has helped his team win almost double the games.

My main beef with anyone saying why should Duncan get in is that they ignore that he is the anchor of the best team in the league's defense, he is still the one player on that team who gets double teamed, and he can still get numbers when push comes to shove. My main beef with Love though is that no one says the same for Monta, Randolph in Portland, or Al Jefferson who all their teams win more out west thus putting a little bit more actual impact in those very same numbers.

In short with all due respect screw his stats because they have no actual impact on the win column in comparison to the other western forwards.

you don't really know how to measure stats with this statement, I understand this now.

Prove that Love's numbers don't lead to postiive things. He is #5 in win shares, even on a bad team that stays in games, loss after loss.

You can't help your roster support. Duncan plays far less minutes, and has a far lower efficiency, but you want to reward him for name, and roster support purposes. Remember that in 12 years when Love makes it over some young buck killing it.

Stick to the Lakers. You are more comfortable in your posting patterns.

TylerSL
02-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I knew they would do this. I knew they would snub Love for Griffin. Griffin is having a very good year, but Love is having a better one. Everybody gets a boner for Griffin tho, so he got in....... If he doesnt replace Yao, I will lose all respect for the All Star Game....

kblo247
02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
His team is last in actual wins out west, so that isn't saying much. The coaches vote guys in who actually help their teams win. The reason he got snubbed was because he is on the worst team in his conference and plays a position where there are multiple other talents helping their teams actually win games, not shares. Saying that he deserves it because he has great numbers, is not a justifiable exception for leading your team to 11 wins. Why would any coach reward that when you play the game to win and make your team compete for a playoff spot (I know that the Wolves have been in games but you don't get credit for almost wins) they have been snubbing guys with poor records and good numbers consistently for years in the better conference in favor of guys who are main cogs on teams in playoff contention?

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm just curious if anyone has stats that show Duncan vs Love defensively. I assume that Duncan is superior. I'm not saying he deserved the nod over Love, just that I'm curious what those stats would show.

murphturph
02-04-2011, 01:21 AM
yeah he gets 15 boards a game but his team is ****

murphturph
02-04-2011, 01:21 AM
yeah he gets 15 boards agam but his team is ****

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 01:24 AM
A lot of ignorant people in here...

THE ALL STAR GAME SHOULD BE AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD!!!

kblo247
02-04-2011, 01:25 AM

The Western coaches have not voted it to be as such for almost over a decade so shut that **** down

NYMetros
02-04-2011, 01:26 AM

Does anyone here not think it's an individual award?

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Does anyone here not think it's an individual award?

I see a bunch of people whining about his team's record.

hugepatsfan
02-04-2011, 01:31 AM
The Western coaches have not voted it to be as such for almost over a decade so shut that **** down

That's why I said should.

alencp3
02-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Its between Love and LA now for Yao's replacement

FlashMacker
02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm just glad Blake Griffin made it:cool::clap::):D

TylerSL
02-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Its between Love and LA now for Yao's replacement

Nash will also be in the discussion

kblo247
02-04-2011, 01:35 AM
That's why I said should.

I get that it should be, but so should the MVP which is really the best player on the best team award and the COY which is the coach on the most surprising team award.

You have to use the historical criteria when judging the co called "snub" to see if he was actually snubbed.

As an individual his season should be honored, but under the criteria that all stars have been selected (not voted but selected) out west and in the league as a whole Love doesn't belong in the game.

alencp3
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Griffin just won Player of the month in West, has locked up ROY, best dunker in the game and will probably win slam dunk, averaging 23/13/3.5 ; fg: 50%+ and now will play in the all star and maybe win the MVP with some sicks dunks and alley oops from CP3

Hell to the yeah

Duncan = Donkey
02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Nash will replace Yao.

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 01:53 AM

Look, I agree entirely that he deserved to make the ASG. But I am not sure how he has been overlooked his entire life. He was Rivals' 6th ranked prospect coming out of high school, was widely recruited by a bunch of schools before settling on one of, if not the most, historic programs in college basketball, had success there for which he gained credit and a ton of media attention, declared for the draft and got picked high in the lottery (and then swapped for another high profile prospect) and now is getting a ton of media attention for his big year. Should he be an all star? Absolutely. Has he been overlooked his whole life? Not even close.

topdog
02-04-2011, 01:59 AM
not trying to start an argument. but if K-Love was a true All-Star his team would have more than 11 wins

It's a team game. Yeah, some players like Lebron have had a major impact on their team's wins but we're not talking MVP, we're talking All-Star reserve. And at least Lebron's supporting cast played some decent D.

One more thing - the T-wolves had one of the most difficult early season schedules (I read that in Mark Stein's Power Rankings a few weeks ago). That includes OKC 3 times, San Antonio 4 times, Orlando twice... They just killed the Raptors and have dispatched the Nets and Wiz so it's not like their record accurately places them as 2nd worst in the league.

NokomisLiving
02-04-2011, 02:01 AM
I think what Love has done/is still doing right now deserves an all star bid depsite his TEAMS very bad record. I can see it as understandable why that would have an effect on his getting in or not, but you would also think that putting up these kinds of numbers that havent been seen in 20+ years would also have an impact on him getting in. I Def. think that deserves an award, and that being the all star game.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm just curious if anyone has stats that show Duncan vs Love defensively. I assume that Duncan is superior. I'm not saying he deserved the nod over Love, just that I'm curious what those stats would show.

in their overall PPS (points per shot)

Love- #202
Duncan #160

Isolation
Love- #187
Duncan- #209

Post up
Love- #69
Duncan- #18

PnR man coverage
Love- #18
Duncan- #44

from Synergy. Love is actually an underrated defender (thought not a great one).

And it comes down to name recognition, and coach's obviously only caring about winning, meaning players with roster support only get in. Except Blake, who throws down monster dunks, so even coach's are victims of loving ESPN

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Look, I agree entirely that he deserved to make the ASG. But I am not sure how he has been overlooked his entire life. He was Rivals' 6th ranked prospect coming out of high school, was widely recruited by a bunch of schools before settling on one of, if not the most, historic programs in college basketball, had success there for which he gained credit and a ton of media attention, declared for the draft and got picked high in the lottery (and then swapped for another high profile prospect) and now is getting a ton of media attention for his big year. Should he be an all star? Absolutely. Has he been overlooked his whole life? Not even close.

let me rephrase- he has been overlooked his NBA career, from being left off the rookie team, to this years AS snub.

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 02:13 AM
damn after kevin love the next highest rebound average is 5.8 :laugh2: winning 11 out of 48 games isn't good ..Kevin Love would be a good 3rd option on a contender

believeinNYK
02-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Love should definitely go in as the replacement

icej
02-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Definitely should be there. But all NBA players have an Allstar respect for him he deserves it.

ChiSox219
02-04-2011, 02:18 AM
damn after kevin love the next highest rebound average is 5.8 :laugh2: winning 11 out of 48 games isn't good ..Kevin Love would be a good 3rd option on a contender

KLove only leads the league in rebounding because he plays for the fast paced T'Wolves. Camby and Reggie Evans both grab a higher percentage of rebounds.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Lol @ people still thinking a player does not deserve to be an all star because his said team loses.

An all star should be the very best or one of the very best at said position... An all star plays at a consistently high level on a good or bad team with the weapons or lack of weapons they have. Evaluating a player on the most team oriented aspect in sports like wins and losses is moronic any way you slice it when it comes to an individual award like all star.

Love/Nash should both be in and that fact that one will get snubbed and the other will get in because of an injury is :facepalm:

ElMarroAfamado
02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Kevin Love is not an all star. Please stop.

kblo247
02-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Lol @ people still thinking a player does not deserve to be an all star because his said team loses.

An all star should be the very best or one of the very best at said position... An all star plays at a consistently high level on a good or bad team with the weapons or lack of weapons they have. Evaluating a player on the most team oriented aspect in sports like wins and losses is moronic any way you slice it when it comes to an individual award like all star.

Love/Nash should both be in and that fact that one will get snubbed and the other will get in because of an injury is :facepalm:

I said it earlier:

I get that it should be an individual award, but so should the MVP which is really the best player on the best team award and the COY which is the coach on the most surprising team award.

You have to use the historical criteria when judging the co called "snub" to see if he was actually snubbed.

As an individual his season should be honored, but under the criteria that all stars have been selected (not voted but selected) out west by their coaches and in the league as a whole Love doesn't belong in the game.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 09:03 AM
KLove only leads the league in rebounding because he plays for the fast paced T'Wolves. Camby and Reggie Evans both grab a higher percentage of rebounds.

You'd think that someone who posts as much as you would actually apply some logic to your posts but this right here is a typical example of the word ignorance. That is all I shall say on that.

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 10:01 AM

I agree with what you have said in theory. The big difference is that players on bad teams do benefit from stat padding in a variety of ways. This is not to say that Love or others wouldn't put up numbers on a good team and I certainly think that Love should be an all star. But Bargnani is putting up over 20 a game in large part because of how often he gets the ball and the opportunity on a bad team. Coaches know that there is a personal cost on a winning team in terms of stats (see Bosh, Chrissy) and reward players on winning teams. If you don't like it or agree that it is a valid criteria, that is your prerogative (I happen to agree with you), but voting for the ASG is subjective even amongst those in the League, so it shouldn't be a surprise that winning comes into play. Put a different way, once Love gets his team going and continues dominating, he will receive the benefit of the extra ASG appearances late in his career.

let me rephrase- he has been overlooked his NBA career, from being left off the rookie team, to this years AS snub.

Totally with you once corrected. I thought you overreached the first time, but I tend to agree that he has not received the accolades as an NBA player that he has earned.

Mile High Champ
02-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I would not worry too much considering I bet Love replaces Yao in the all-star game. But at the same time people should not be very surprised, the all star reserves are always made up of players on the best teams. Does JJ deserve to go, not in my opinion but the Hawks have one of the best records in the East.

avrpatsfan
02-04-2011, 10:24 AM
This is such ********.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
If they reward winning then he'll get snubbed again for ZBO

magichatnumber9
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry I have no sympathy for the T-Wolves. There organization has been raping the lottery for most of their existence. They can't figure this whole winning thing out. Now KLove is another story. I do hope he becomes an all star this year.

Mile High Champ
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry I have no sympathy for the T-Wolves. There organization has been raping the lottery for most of their existence. They can't figure this whole winning thing out. Now KLove is another story. I do hope he becomes an all star this year.

How is this the case? They have struggled to field talent since they lost KG, what else was to be expected? Small Market teams have to build through the lottery as it is the only way they will get better. I actually like their organization and I think they have done a pretty good job rebuilding and it is obvious they have brought in some good pieces. Was the whole PG drafting fiasco the right move, probably not but why don't you have any sympathy for the small market teams?

DaBUU
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Love is the biggest snub in a long time. ********

flclfanman
02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Nuts and Bolts,Kevin Love got Screwed! :badidea:

Guys is having a monster year and gets snubbed b/c he plays on a garbage squad while the corpse of Tim Duncan gets a courtesy spot.

Last time I checked, the ASG rewards INDIVIDUAL accomplishment during the season, not the TEAM record.

If the latter were true Anderson Varejao and Kendrick Perkins should have been voted to last year's ASG b/c their teams had amazing records :bang:

topdog
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM

1. You know a basketball usually isn't going the right way when it uses the term "raping" or "gay," ect.

2. For about a decade, the Wolves were nowhere near the lottery and they have been in existence for 21 yrs. Do you forget about KG carrying the team into the playoffs year after year or the picks lost to the illegal Joe Smith signing?

3. The Wolves have never moved up in the lottery and generally lose ground. They have never had a pick higher than 3.

4. Finishing games has been difficult this year (it would help if Love got some calls late). Last year was essentially a year in limbo and before that it was just a McHale half-assed rebuild.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I wish the utter lack of knowledge regarding the Wolves franchise surprised me here. But then again, it has been shown the average age of PSD is probably 17, so most of you were in 4th grade when the Wolves constant playoff run began.

Fact is, Love was snubbed. Will he get named as a replacement? I don't give a **** if he is or not. Maybe having the league throw more dirt in your face will be enough for him to play with a constant chip on his shoulder. For anyone who has watched him play, you know that if works even harder, his counterpart will end up with bruises, cuts, scrapes, and black eyes while Love goes for 25-18.

Whatever. The all star game became complicated when Melo was named a starter. He shouldn't even be there. But Duncan? Really? Is this a lifetime achievement award now?

Tony_Starks
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Im pretty sure the precident that would've been set by taking Love was factored in as well..... whether you agree that the voting is right or wrong Im pretty sure everyone can agree that over the years it has been consistent.

Cromedome
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Kevin Love got what he deserved....which is NO spot on the all-star team. I'm sure he'll get in (yao's spot) but does that really make him an all-star?

Kevin Love + David Lee = Fake All-stars

NickyNick
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Kevin "no" Love

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I wish the utter lack of knowledge regarding the Wolves franchise surprised me here. But then again, it has been shown the average age of PSD is probably 17, so most of you were in 4th grade when the Wolves constant playoff run began.

Fact is, Love was snubbed. Will he get named as a replacement? I don't give a **** if he is or not. Maybe having the league throw more dirt in your face will be enough for him to play with a constant chip on his shoulder. For anyone who has watched him play, you know that if works even harder, his counterpart will end up with bruises, cuts, scrapes, and black eyes while Love goes for 25-18.

Whatever. The all star game became complicated when Melo was named a starter. He shouldn't even be there. But Duncan? Really? Is this a lifetime achievement award now?

Why shouldn't Melo be there? Because he is going to be traded? It hasn't happened yet and it might be to another team in the West (though unlikely). That is ridiculous.

As for the bruises, cuts, scrapes, etc., that kind of hyperbole only hurts your credibility (which is normally pretty high). Love was snubbed. I think he should have made it. I also think that everyone understands that coaches place an emphasis on winning, intangibles, and experience (i.e. rewarding vets who are heading towards the exits). I am not suggesting it is right, but I don't see why it is so surprising either.

Next year Love will almost certainly make it and I am sure he will be a fixture for years thereafter (chip on his shoulder or not).

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Im pretty sure the precident that would've been set by taking Love was factored in as well..... whether you agree that the voting is right or wrong Im pretty sure everyone can agree that over the years it has been consistent.

there are seasons that should break that rule. How can you leave a guy off with Moses numbers down low, and Bird numbers outside? His statistics have never been seen in the game of basketball. Ever. That deserves to break the rule. Has a player with the following league ranks ever been left off?

#1 in rebounding
#1 in rebound rate
#16 in scoring
#6 in PER
#5 in win shares
#19 in free throw percentage
#10 in three point percentage
#1 in double doubles (34 straight currently)
1st 30-30 game in 28 years
1st player with four 20-20 games in one month in 20 years
ONLY player in history to average 21-15 with 40/85%.

so on, and so on, and so on.

Sometimes a season comes along that shouldn't fit the rule. He is having a historical season statistically. Its a complete snub, especially when after every game and the opposing coach just got 23-17 slapped on their big man, and they say, "I don't care what the record is, you just can't ignore those numbers". Well, you just did homie. Nice vote.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Why shouldn't Melo be there? Because he is going to be traded? It hasn't happened yet and it might be to another team in the West (though unlikely). That is ridiculous.

As for the bruises, cuts, scrapes, etc., that kind of hyperbole only hurts your credibility (which is normally pretty high). Love was snubbed. I think he should have made it. I also think that everyone understands that coaches place an emphasis on winning, intangibles, and experience (i.e. rewarding vets who are heading towards the exits). I am not suggesting it is right, but I don't see why it is so surprising either.

Next year Love will almost certainly make it and I am sure he will be a fixture for years thereafter (chip on his shoulder or not).

Melo is having an average efficiency offensive season, and plays defense once in a blue moon. My feelings on Melo's game have been very clear for a long time. High volume shooter who plays big minutes on a fast paced team, and shoots a lot. Dirk should have been starting, and Love and Randolph should have made it over Melo/Duncan, and Stern could give Duncan the Yao nod. That is how it should have gone.

My statement regarding Love is that he already plays beyond physical and with maximum effort. A pissed off Love is going to do even more physical damage to the players guarding him or blocking him out.

I dont have any credibility here. Honestly, if I do have any at all, it would be better for me to just stay off PSD for a day or two and calm down. This is a monster snub to a player doing things never seen before.

WolvesJagsOs
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
ridiculous.

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Melo>Love so pick another player Melo should have replaced because Melo is winning games and balling well

how did this go unnoticed :cool:

SteveNash
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
It's like I'm in the twilight zone where everyone's gone mad and now things Kevin Love is some great player.

Pro tip: Great players aren't on teams that are 11-37.

Chronz
02-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Yea but consider the fact that unlike most rebounding specialist, Love take alot of outside shots. Imagine his rebound rate if he limited his game to only inside shots.

Chronz
02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
It's like I'm in the twilight zone where everyone's gone mad and now things Kevin Love is some great player.

Pro tip: Great players aren't on teams that are 11-37.

But they come from players on 19 win teams?

SteveNash
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
But they come from players on 19 win teams?

Blake isn't a great player, yet.

And they've gotten better as Blake has gotten better.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Melo>Love so pick another player Melo should have replaced because Melo is winning games and balling well

how did this go unnoticed :cool:

Did you not read my reply to that?

That in itself is a completely ridiculous claim. Reggie Evans and Hamed Haddadi both have higher %s and rates but gues what they played in only 15 and 10 games respectively. Also Kevin Love takes a large degree of outside shots. Do you really think if he played under the basket more that anyone would come close to him.

As to your point on Melo I say this.

He hasn't even been the most valuable player on his team this season. Nene has.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Blake isn't a great player, yet.

And they've gotten better as Blake has gotten better.

They've also got a MUCH better coach with a better supporting cast and actual vets with an actual somewhat effective system. What do the Timberwolves have?

masalex1205
02-04-2011, 06:52 PM
wow, people get too worked up about the All-Star Game

SteveNash
02-04-2011, 06:53 PM
They've also got a MUCH better coach with a better supporting cast and actual vets with an actual somewhat effective system. What do the Timberwolves have?

Darko Milicic.

Oh and watching plenty of Bulls games when Del Negro was with them, I can tell you he's TERRIBLE.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Darko Milicic.

Oh and watching plenty of Bulls games when Del Negro was with them, I can tell you he's TERRIBLE.

Did you just say the name Darko Milicic? Please tell me I am dreaming. Darko Milicic?

He's been excellent for them but Deandre Jordan has been MUCH better than Darko Milicic.

How could you compare Darko to a rejuvenated Baron Davis, an improving Deandre Jordan and ERIC GORDON (when he was available a top 5 SG in the league). :facepalm:

SteveNash
02-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Did you just say the name Darko Milicic? Please tell me I am dreaming. Darko Milicic?

He's been excellent for them but Deandre Jordan has been MUCH better than Darko Milicic.

How could you compare Darko to a rejuvenated Baron Davis, an improving Deandre Jordan and ERIC GORDON (when he was available a top 5 SG in the league). :facepalm:

Someone's got to cover for Love's awful defense.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Real compelling argument. :rolleyes:

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Did you not read my reply to that?

That in itself is a completely ridiculous claim. Reggie Evans and Hamed Haddadi both have higher %s and rates but gues what they played in only 15 and 10 games respectively. Also Kevin Love takes a large degree of outside shots. Do you really think if he played under the basket more that anyone would come close to him.

As to your point on Melo I say this.

He hasn't even been the most valuable player on his team this season. Nene has.

he isn't grabbing rebounds from the three point line
and take Melo off the nuggets they aren't going to the playoffs in the West

Jewelz0376
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM

:laugh2:

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
he isn't grabbing rebounds from the three point line
and take Melo off the nuggets they aren't going to the playoffs in the West

That is your argument? :rolleyes:

If I told you if you take Brandon Roy off the Blazers would you think they'd make the Playoffs? Well look at what they've done the past two seasons.

Please try much much much harder than that if you want to have a debate.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Says the fan of the worst defensive PG of the last decade :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
That is your argument? :rolleyes:

If I told you if you take Brandon Roy off the Blazers would you think they'd make the Playoffs? Well look at what they've done the past two seasons.

Please try much much much harder than that if you want to have a debate.

I don't even see what you are trying to argue but if you are trying to discredit Melo as a good player this conversation is over

Jewelz0376
02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
TWolves have 3 more wins than Cavs...thats all i gotta say..

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't even see what you are trying to argue but if you are trying to discredit Melo as a good player this conversation is over

You an I are huge Allen Iverson fans. Do you honestly think that I'd try to discredit Melo?

I am simply saying that that is a failed logic and bad example.

WSU Tony
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
TWolves have 3 more wins than Cavs...thats all i gotta say..

Who do you think should replace Griffin?

WSU Tony
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
If people were saying Love was over-used because he is the main option on a bad team I would understand. The problem with that statement is the fact that his usage rate is incredibly low.

If your going to make the argument that a good player on a bad team has inflated stats, please show me his usage rate.

nstojic
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Who do you think should replace Griffin?

no one.. he deserves to go.. it's more like, who should replace gasol?

WSU Tony
02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
no one.. he deserves to go.. it's more like, who should replace gasol?

Why yes to Griffin? If the argument is "he plays for a bad team and has inflated stats," then lets include another player into the discussion who is on a losing team....

19-29 is a bad team.

The problem? People enter the tread throwing out very generic statements and think they have a point.

It's ignorance.

nstojic
02-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Why yes to Griffin? If the argument is "he plays for a bad team and has inflated stats," then lets include another player into the discussion who is on a losing team....

19-29 is a bad team.

The problem? People enter the tread throwing out very generic statements and think they have a point.

It's ignorance.

don't generalize and call me ignorant..

love and griffin should both go.. look at their stats.. my beef is with the guys who make it every year on the merit of their past performances.. who gives a **** what team they play on.. it's an allstar game... not MVP voting, geez!

bottom line is: right now, if I could afford a single game ticket to see a team/player play, griffin would be in the top 3 of who I'd pay money to see.. if anything, love's stats warrant being an all star but his game is just not relevant for this exhibition school yard style..

NokomisLiving
02-04-2011, 08:31 PM
It almost seems like people are blaming Love for the team only having 11 wins when he is the one working his *** off to try and make them as relevant as can be. You can call it stat padding or whatever you want but no one on a great, average, or horrible team has done what he has done thus far in 28+ years(Also see his 3pt% and FT%) I think it would be a shame not to include him. And Blake has better pieces around him ok, I'm a wolves fan and pretty much anyone besides Love or Beasely(who shoots a lot of shots to get his points btw) are totally useless.(See Corey Brewer, Johnny Flynn, Sebastian Telfair ect. ect.)

NokomisLiving
02-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I would also like to Add I like Girffin and Aldridge quite a bit and it still would be awesome to have them on the roster.