PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala's Career High Is 34 Points

Savage Sunday
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
In comparison Kobe Bryant has had over 500 career 30 Point Games.

Am I the only person blown away by the fact Iggy's the Franchise player for Philly and hes put up 34 points as his career high?

GodsSon
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
And yet he's paid like the superstar he is...oh wait...

abe_froman
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
iggy's a franchise player?

nygiants242
02-03-2011, 07:19 PM
He clearly isn't a franchise player. Although we thought he had the potential to be, he certainly has not panned out.

h2r09
he is on a championship contender a 3rd option at best. that just shows why the sixers are so bad.

nygiants242

Exactly.

hugepatsfan
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
being paid like a franchise player =/= being a franchise player

Savage Sunday
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Exactly.

Well not by the Elite label as being a "Franchise player". But he has been Philly's "Franchise player" since they traded Allen Iverson.

Kind of suprising to know his career high is so low.

John Walls Era
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
TBH I don't care about career highs. I think its more important if a franchise player can lead to playoff wins; though he clearly has not done enough of that.

Chacarron
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM

+1 to post and sig.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
You didn't know he isn't a scorer?

he's averaging 14 ppg this season

abe_froman
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Well not by the Elite label as being a "Franchise player". But he has been Philly's "Franchise player" since they traded Allen Iverson.

Kind of suprising to know his career high is so low.

game high's arent as important as average...that said, if he's the face of your franchise,your franchise is in trouble(which they've been in).they have turner now and probably another high pick this year so that will change.

but iggy is still a very good player and could make for a good 2nd or 3rd wheel

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Why they haven't traded him yet I will never know. Its not his fault their stupid enough to overvalue him. Ship him somewhere for young players and picks, turn the team over to Holiday and Evans, and officially go into rebuild.

kylem4711
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
i thought brand was their franchise player... ha

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
The 76ers are the 7th seed in the East...wow!

knicks4life33
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM
iggy and franchise player should not be put in the same sentence its like mixing vodka and milk!!!!!

Gators123
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
iggy and franchise player should not be put in the same sentence its like mixing vodka and milk!!!!!

:puke:

jabushfsu
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
iggy is a good player at best. he is a great number 2-3 guy. dude is a stat filler. most of his value is on d - he is a shutdown d-man.

jabushfsu
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
oh and top 5 in game dunker!!

paperboy717
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
They need to trade him asap since he playing kind of well! Maybe someone wants foolgold!!!

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Andre Iguodala is our franchise player? :confused:

As it stands right now our focus is more on Jrue Holiday going forward than so Andre Iguodala.

We hoped for him to become much better than he has turned out but as of right now he is no longer our "franchise player". As it stands right now he isn't much more than a solid star player. Not an all star not a superstar but a star player for us.

Jamaal60
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM

I tried both (the sentence and the drink) it was terrible.

SeoulBeatz
02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Iguodala is NOT a franchise player, and NOT a volume shooter at all.

In 2009, he was the only player in the NBA in the top 25 in scoring to only attempt 20 shots in a game once the entire season.

He just doesn't gun that much, although he is prone to poor shots, but scoring should not be his game.

he is never going to be a star player but he is a great team/role player, the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and one of the best dunkers in the league as well.

llemon
02-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Am I the only person blown away by the fact Iggy's the Franchise player for Philly and hes put up 34 points as his career high?

Igloo should be banned from the Franchise Players Club and all their activities.

bholly
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're the only one blown away by this. Iggy's contribution comes from things other than scoring. He's never been a #1 calibre scoring option and everyone knows it.

From memory, Iggy is around about the 40th highest paid player in the NBA this season. That's hardly 'franchise player' money. Overpaid, maybe, but let's not get silly. And like others have said, our focus for the future is much more on Jrue and ET now.

Um, people all around the world (including professionals) make White Russians with milk.

nygiants242
02-03-2011, 08:38 PM
^ Boss.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Iggy for JRich straight up!

AlvaROD
02-03-2011, 08:57 PM

apparently to the 76ers....Yeah..

Avenged
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
You're comparing him in that regard to Kobe.. beating out Kobe isn't necessarily an easy feat. First, lower your expectations for the guy. He's not a franchise player and is overrated.

pebloemer
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure you're the only one blown away by this. Iggy's contribution comes from things other than scoring. He's never been a #1 calibre scoring option and everyone knows it.

From memory, Iggy is around about the 40th highest paid player in the NBA this season. That's hardly 'franchise player' money. Overpaid, maybe, but let's not get silly. And like others have said, our focus for the future is much more on Jrue and ET now.

Um, people all around the world (including professionals) make White Russians with milk.

I agree. Iggy's an excellent all around player. His value on the court can't be measured in scoring. He isn't really a franchise player, but has plenty of other assets that help his teams in games.

DwayneMVPwade
02-03-2011, 09:14 PM
The 76ers are the 7th seed in the East...wow!

because they got jrue Holiday.

+ Iggy might not be a great scorer, but he is a pretty complete player (Mini Lebron) Can Rebound, dish to teamates and is a great defender. Role is best suited for the 2nd or 3 rd option on a team

Beltrans Mole
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM

well if you put some kahlua in there with the milk and vodka, you have yourself a white russian....which is a really good drink. so what youre saying is....all the sixers need is some kahlua to compete?

el_primo_nano
02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I dont understand the hype with this guy. He is ok, nothing special

NothingbutWill
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Why are you comparing one of the best all around player in the game vs a 3rd option who isn't that great offensively?

It's like saying, Jordan only has 6,672 while Malone has 14,967. It's not a fair comparison.

llemon
02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Iggy for JRich straight up!

WOW!!! Could Magic ever use that. Might make them contenders again.

redsox0717
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
That's only 5 more points than Scalabrine's career high.

Lim
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
it is kind of surprising that his career high is so low considering he avged 20 ppg couple seasons ago

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Is this NBA forum worthy?

LA_Raiders
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
wow, I think is time for him to move, he is not a main guy...

Sixerlover
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Why is this in the main forum? Why is this even a thread :laugh2:

And Elton Brand is actually our "Franchise Player" according to payscale not Iguodala.

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
he is on a championship contender a 3rd option at best. that just shows why the sixers are so bad.

Their not as bad as you think sadly. I don't really want them to be good because it will trap them in a phase of getting the 15-20th pick in the draft but they are actually a decent team this year. If it weren't for the close losses they would be right up there with the Knicks record wise who are being hyped up like they are an actual contender in the east.

Sixerlover
02-03-2011, 11:14 PM

Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Antwan Jamison, Tyson Chandler, Andy Bynum, Rudy Gay and Troy Murphy are some players who make around what Iguodala makes this season (either a mil more or less).

Are they all being paid like franchise players or is our concept of "overpaid" overhyped?

Superstar money = 15 - 20+ mil a year

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Antwan Jamison, Tyson Chandler, Andy Bynum, Rudy Gay and Troy Murphy are some players who make around what Iguodala makes this season (either a mil more or less).

Are they all being paid like franchise players or is our concept of "overpaid" overhyped?

:clap::clap::clap:

BallIsAll
02-04-2011, 04:00 AM
hes a bum trade him for an expiring and let turner do his thing, trade jrue for a shooting pg and let turner run point-forward.

/thread

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2011, 04:03 AM
OVERRATED *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 04:12 AM
thought it woulda been more

TheDiggler
02-04-2011, 07:31 AM
He clearly isn't a franchise player. Although we thought he had the potential to be, he certainly has not panned out.

There's nothing more to say ... though 34 max. really surprised me. Thought he was near the 42-45 pts. a game as max. he ever did.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
hes a bum trade him for an expiring and let turner do his thing, trade jrue for a shooting pg and let turner run point-forward.

/thread

when someone knows nothing about basketball this is the type of crap they type.

ttam68
02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
The counterpoint to this is that he must be really consistent.

He averaged as high as 19.9 ppg, and was over 17 ppg for four years in a row. And across those four seasons he only missed 6 games. For his career high to be that low and his average to be that high, he must be really, really reliable.

But obviously he isn't a "franchise player" as far as scoring is concerned. His value has always been in his ability to do everything well, but not necessarily anything great.

Mile High Champ
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I am really not surprised that his career high is only 34 points. Iguodala is more of a complete player than a simple one dimensional scorer. I think the biggest thing that goes against Iggy ever surpassing his career high is his free throw shooting. His career average is 74% and that figure only seems to be dropping of late. He is only shooting 67% this season. When you can't hit those free throws, you are cutting down on a lot of points. Plus we could also look at his 3pt shooting which sits for his career at 32%. He is never going to be a guy that averages 25 a game unless he improves the other facets of his game.

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Andre Iguodala is our franchise player? :confused:

As it stands right now our focus is more on Jrue Holiday going forward than so Andre Iguodala.

We hoped for him to become much better than he has turned out but as of right now he is no longer our "franchise player". As it stands right now he isn't much more than a solid star player. Not an all star not a superstar but a star player for us.

Was he ever??...I think the franchise player of each team can at least show in their resume an all-star appearance :facepalm:...being a Philly fan is really hard...Lord help us.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Was he ever??...I think the franchise player of each team can at least show in their resume an all-star appearance :facepalm:...being a Philly fan is really hard...Lord help us.

C'mon dude! You mean to tell me at no time our organization has never deemed him our "franchise player" player? Before we drafted Jrue and signed Brand, who was viewed as our "franchise player"?

dbramforskins21
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I am really not surprised that his career high is only 34 points.

HA, only 34. To score 34 points you either control every shot for your team, or your shreading the opponent. I'd like to see you score 34 points against a NBA team.

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
C'mon dude! You mean to tell me at no time our organization has never deemed him our "franchise player" player? Before we drafted Jrue and signed Brand, who was viewed as our "franchise player"?

Iggy may have been deemed that by the franchise...but to fans like me he never was a franchise player and never did anything on a consistent basis to convince me otherwise ...

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Iggy may have been deemed that by the franchise...but to fans like me he never was a franchise player and never did anything on a consistent basis to convince me otherwise ...

So then what are you saying really?

He was our franchise player.

I personally thought he was a #2 option and we needed someone better but at the time he was what we had. I knew he wasn't carrying us anywhere but he was what we had going forward. That's all.

cbreezy34
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Who cares what his career high is in points... Michael Beasley puts up a ton of points every game and I much rather have Iggy. Im from philly and have been tough on the Sixers... especially Iggy.. I have always disliked his attitude. Its intersting though how this thread is emerging while Iggy is going through a great stretch. He is the best defensive guy out on the perimeter in the NBA and if he takes good shots like he has bene lately he is a very effective player.

I also find all these "sixers suck" comments interesting. They have had more rediclous close losses then any other team in the NBA... otherwise they would be right with the Knicks (who I think will pass anyway) who have been labled "great". The sixers play their arses off every game and everyone plays every minute and I respect that.

cbreezy34
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Who cares what his career high is in points... Michael Beasley puts up a ton of points every game and I much rather have Iggy. Im from philly and have been tough on the Sixers... especially Iggy.. I have always disliked his attitude. Its intersting though how this thread is emerging while Iggy is going through a great stretch. He is the best defensive guy out on the perimeter in the NBA and if he takes good shots like he has bene lately he is a very effective player.

I also find all these "sixers suck" comments interesting. They have had more rediclous close losses then any other team in the NBA... otherwise they would be right with the Knicks (who I think will pass anyway) who have been labled "great". The sixers play their arses off every game and everyone plays every minute and I respect that.

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
So then what are you saying really?He was our franchise player.

I personally thought he was a #2 option and we needed someone better but at the time he was what we had. I knew he wasn't carrying us anywhere but he was what we had going forward. That's all.

Is it really that hard??? :facepalm:

I AM SAYING WE HAVE NOT HAD A FRANCHISE PLAYER SINCE IVERSON LEFT.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Is it really that hard??? :facepalm:

I AM SAYING WE HAVE NOT HAD A FRANCHISE PLAYER SINCE IVERSON LEFT.

You just said Iggy was deemed our franchise player by the organization..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is/was not a franchise players by league standards but hey at least 20 other franchises don't have that. At the time however he was ours. Simple as that. You keep contradicting yourself and then fp me. Sigh

Ragan
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not defending that Iggy is a franchise player, but having a career high of 34 points and not having as many 30+ games as KOBE BRYANT, a top 5-6 player of all time and somebody who is likely to be the all time leader in points scored before his career is over, isn't exactly a gigantic knock on a player. IMO there are <10 legitimate "franchise players" in the league, and I'd rather have Iguodala than a lot of other teams' best players who can score and do little else to help a team.

Mile High Champ
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
HA, only 34. To score 34 points you either control every shot for your team, or your shreading the opponent. I'd like to see you score 34 points against a NBA team.

You are completely taking the comment out of context. The consensus from many has been that he should have a better career high in points considering he has been the best player on his team for quite a few years now. I simply explained why he will never surpass that amount.

I don't think I could score 34 but I could score 10.. :D

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
You just said Iggy was deemed our franchise player by the organization..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is/was not a franchise players by league standards but hey at least 20 other franchises don't have that. At the time however he was ours. Simple as that. You keep contradicting yourself and then fp me. Sigh

You know what I would have gotten insultive...but its not worth it...I never contradicted myself...Yes The Sixers and people like you may have deemed him a "franchise player"...but I said for me..ME...he never was...thats all...simple as that...people can say and claim something is (e.g. The Sixers as an organization saying Iggy is a franchise player) ...but it doesn't mean it is....Iggy has proven that....but its neither here or there...so whatever.

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
You are completely taking the comment out of context. The consensus from many has been that he should have a better career high in points considering he has been the best player on his team for quite a few years now. I simply explained why he will never surpass that amount.

I don't think I could score 34 but I could score 10.. :D

Thats all most do around these parts...take your comment and twist it to suit their one sided arguments

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm not defending that Iggy is a franchise player, but having a career high of 34 points and not having as many 30+ games as KOBE BRYANT, a top 5-6 player of all time and somebody who is likely to be the all time leader in points scored before his career is over, isn't exactly a gigantic knock on a player. IMO there are <10 legitimate "franchise players" in the league, and I'd rather have Iguodala than a lot of other teams' best players who can score and do little else to help a team.

Carmelo Anthony
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Blake Griffin
Lamarcus Alridge
Russell Westbrooke
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce
Brandon Roy (Healthy)

Thats more than 10 legitimate "franchise players" in my opinion...and I'll take anyone of them over Iggy all day everyday...you can expect a consistent game from them not sometimes but all the time...

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Blake Griffin
Lamarcus Alridge
Russell Westbrooke
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce
Brandon Roy (Healthy)

Thats more than 10 legitimate "franchise players" in my opinion...and I'll take anyone of them over Iggy all day everyday...you can expect a consistent game from them not sometimes but all the time...

That's your opinion but league wide the popular consensus is that there indeed aren't more than 10 franchise players right now. I myself will take them all over Iggy however.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
You know what I would have gotten insultive...but its not worth it...I never contradicted myself...Yes The Sixers and people like you may have deemed him a "franchise player"...but I said for me..ME...he never was...thats all...simple as that...people can say and claim something is (e.g. The Sixers as an organization saying Iggy is a franchise player) ...but it doesn't mean it is....Iggy has proven that....but its neither here or there...so whatever.

Was he ever??...

Iggy may have been deemed that by the franchise.

You did indeed contradict yourself. Get insultive who gives a sh**

Me deem him a franchise player?

He was OUR franchise player

Do you understand that their is a difference between OUR and A when speaking of a franchise player?

As it stands right now Andrea Bargnani, Andrew Bogut, Monta Ellis, Rudy Gay, JJ Hickson are all their respective franchise's franchise players. I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to say that they are league wide franchise players but for their respective organisations that is who they currently have. What is so hard to understand about that.

You do realize your opinion doesn't matter right and neither does mine it does matter if we view Iggy as a franchise player or not. The FACT of the matter is at one point in time he was the Philadelphia 76ers' franchise player.

blacknell
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
he would be a good fit in dallas alongside Dirk

Lim
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM

wat? kobe aint passing kareem lol. i hope i read that wrong

Ragan
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Blake Griffin
Lamarcus Alridge
Russell Westbrooke
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce
Brandon Roy (Healthy)

Those are all great players who I would take over Iggy, but certainly not all "franchise" guys. Max contract guys maybe, but that is different. Roy (is never healthy and has never taken them anywhere), Pierce (never won without the help), Westbrook, Aldrige, Griffin, and Stoudamire are not franchise guys. That is to say, Blake Griffin and a bunch of scrubs are not winning anything, whereas LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Rose, etc. would at least compete. Though again, I agree I would take all but Roy (injuries) over Iggy in a heartbeat.

Also Lim, yeah that's my mistake. He'll probably settle in 3rd or so. Still, my point remains the same.

blahblahyoutoo
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM

yes. those guys are all overpaid.

kobebabe
02-04-2011, 03:03 PM
And you are surprised? I ain't

Freyakazoide
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Pierce's not a franchise player?
oh man cmon

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
ah the eternal debate over what a "franchise" player is. dont get me started.

whatever it is, iguodala is not one. no one expects him to be the leader of a contending-caliber team. it remains to be seen if he can even be a piece on a good team.

FNM BOY
02-04-2011, 03:52 PM

whatever it is, iguodala is not one. no one expects him to be the leader of a contending-caliber team. it remains to be seen if he can even be a piece on a good team.

^THIS!!! :clap:

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Who led the 76ers to the Playoffs a few years ago?:rolleyes:

They signed Elton Brand to be their other star next to Iggy since they thought he was going to keep improving into the Franchise player they paid him to be. Before someone starts talking about salaries, take a look around the league at the contracts the best player("Franchise player") on a bad team get. Its right around with what Iggy received. Guys like Monta, Kevin Martin(in Sacramento), Bargnani, Gerald Wallace, Danny Granger, etc.

Yes, those guys are the Franchise player for their Franchise.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 04:07 PM

They signed Elton Brand to be their other star next to Iggy since they thought he was going to keep improving into the Franchise player they paid him to be. Before someone starts talking about salaries, take a look around the league at the contracts the best player("Franchise player") on a bad team get. Its right around with what Iggy received. Guys like Monta, Kevin Martin(in Sacramento), Bargnani, Gerald Wallace, Danny Granger, etc.

:clap:

Precisely

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM

I was simply making a statement.

People can talk all about how Iggy is a complete player who doesn't focus on scoring, but it is a lot to be said that in 7 years you have never even cracked 40 points in any game. I made that comparison because Iggy since Iverson left has been the man, based upon the number of touches he gets per game.

He has started in every single one of the 522 games hes played in his career, and has never had a game where he was hot from the field or getting to the FT line and took over the game. Maybe I am expecting too much out of him, but I expect that type of mentality out of a star player who at some point was carrying a team on his back. There isn't any other star player in this league who has a lower career high than Iggy who isn't a rookie. So maybe Iggy really isn't even in that echelon, and may be best suited to be a 6th Man on a good team if not a role player.

Since "Franchise player" is too subjective, I'll be simple with the term "star player" since anyone who watches basketball can figure that out.

JPHX
02-04-2011, 04:20 PM
i think if he goes to a high octane offensive team he'd do a better job. Only problem is he cant shoot that well.

ttam68
02-04-2011, 04:29 PM

People can talk all about how Iggy is a complete player who doesn't focus on scoring, but it is a lot to be said that in 7 years you have never even cracked 40 points in any game. I made that comparison because Iggy since Iverson left has been the man, based upon the number of touches he gets per game.

He has started in every single one of the 522 games hes played in his career, and has never had a game where he was hot from the field or getting to the FT line and took over the game. Maybe I am expecting too much out of him, but I expect that type of mentality out of a star player who at some point was carrying a team on his back. There isn't any other star player in this league who has a lower career high than Iggy who isn't a rookie. So maybe Iggy really isn't even in that echelon, and may be best suited to be a 6th Man on a good team if not a role player.

Since "Franchise player" is too subjective, I'll be simple with the term "star player" since anyone who watches basketball can figure that out.

You don't need to score 40 pts to be a "star."

There are a lot of other stats you can look at and say Iggy's great or Iggy's awful at, you can't pick one and base his value off only that. Iggy will never be the #1 scorer on a contender. But I definitely think he has the potential to the #2/3 player on a championship team.

I'm going to assume these "franchise players" like Monta Ellis don't have career highs in FGA at 25 either.

And Iggy's other career highs:

17 rebs
15 asts
6 stls
4 blks

are far from the 6th man role. Thats a joke to even type.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
There isn't any other star player in this league who has a lower career high than Iggy who isn't a rookie.

FALSE!

Andrew Bogut's career high is 32 points
Nene's career high is 28 points
Al Horford's career high is 31 points
Joakim Noah's career high is 26 points
Rajon Rondo's career high is 32 points

2 of those listed players have already been all stars while the other 3 have always been seen as all star snubs. Andrew Bogut is the Bucks' franchise player and in two years Rondo in all likeliness be the Celts'. Al Horford could also become another team's franchise player very soon.

They are all stars.

PS you don't want me to get historical on you either.

MTone8788
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM

You couldn't be more wrong... While Iguodala is not known for his shooting, there are plenty of games he has gone off on a tear... Not to mention he also has several game winners in his career (Timberwolves, Magic, and Lakers come to mind, but I think he has more.)

And there is a lot more to a basketball teams than just a star player and sixth men... If Iguodala was paired with a superstar he would be one of the best second men. He is way more than just a "role player" because he does so much, score, rebound, assist, and defense... what else do you want?

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
FALSE!

Andrew Bogut's career high is 32 points
Nene's career high is 28 points
Al Horford's career high is 31 points
Joakim Noah's career high is 26 points
Rajon Rondo's career high is 32 points

2 of those listed players have already been all stars while the other 3 have always been seen as all star snubs. Andrew Bogut is the Bucks' franchise player and in two years Rondo in all likeliness be the Celts'. Al Horford could also become another team's franchise player very soon.

They are all stars.

PS you don't want me to get historical on you either.

Nene? Noah? Bogut? You're reaching hard. They are role players/starters not stars by any means. When has Noah or Nene been an All Star snub? :laugh:

You beat me on Horford, & Rondo. I automatically assumed they at least had a bigger scoring output at some point than Iguodala.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM

im not sure what your point is. those are all guys that these respective franchises invested in, yes, but does that make them franchise-caliber players?

i dont think iggy is a terrible contract, but his isn't a great one either. there's a reason his name keeps coming up in trade talks.

the nba is about the cross-sectional between salary and production as much as it as bout assembling talent and winning. iguodala is a good player, but the amount of money he is commanding for a fringe-playoff team is not constructive to the long-term future of the franchise. same goes for all of the above names. they didn't get max contracts, but their production has not improved the team in any way. that, to me, is what a franchise guy does.

so, in essence, the point is bad teams don't have franchise players. they have guys forced to step into the roll, guys that sometimes trick franchises into thinking they're something that they aren't.

Rivera
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
lol at the sixer fans fighting against eachother lol

i love the jrich for iggy deal straight up but i dont know if it works capwise or not

im in the camp of trade iggy for what u can and give the keys to jrue because jrue is the truth hes nice and maybe...maybe turner might become better because theres one less person handiling the ball

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
You don't need to score 40 pts to be a "star."

There are a lot of other stats you can look at and say Iggy's great or Iggy's awful at, you can't pick one and base his value off only that. Iggy will never be the #1 scorer on a contender. But I definitely think he has the potential to the #2/3 player on a championship team.

are far from the 6th man role. Thats a joke to even type.

Who?

Iggy on the Lakers- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Celtics- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Heat- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Spurs- Coming off the bench

At what point would Iggy be a #2/#3 player on a Championship team? Lets stay within reality here.

Im willing to say that if he improved his shooting he could help push Chicago into that tier. The only problem with all of those scenarios is that they cant acquire him with his huge contract. So until further notice he wont be on any Championship caliber teams.

You couldn't be more wrong... While Iguodala is not known for his shooting, there are plenty of games he has gone off on a tear... Not to mention he also has several game winners in his career (Timberwolves, Magic, and Lakers come to mind, but I think he has more.)

I clearly was talking about him going off on a tear regarding a 40 point performance. For a guy with his role, you'd think he'd have 1 game where he could do it.

I wasnt saying he couldnt hit a gamewinner or be reliable with the ball in his hands during crunch time. Thats all.

And there is a lot more to a basketball teams than just a star player and sixth men... If Iguodala was paired with a superstar he would be one of the best second men. He is way more than just a "role player" because he does so much, score, rebound, assist, and defense... what else do you want?

Which superstar player are you talking about? You must be referencing playing off the ball with a superstar PG.

You're right. He would be one of the better 2nd options in the league in that role, but that doesn't generate him being on a Championship caliber team.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Nene? Noah? Bogut? You're reaching hard. They are role players/starters not stars by any means. When has Noah or Nene been an All Star snub? :laugh:

You beat me on Horford, & Rondo. I automatically assumed they at least had a bigger scoring output at some point than Iguodala.

Andrew Bogut the second best center in the NBA is a role player? :facepalm:

Joakim Noah arguably the 3rd best center in the NBA is a role player? :facepalm:

Nene not only leads the league in FG% the season but recieved over 380,000 All Star votes which was almost 200,000 more than Andre Iguodala and is arguably the Nuggets most valuable player thus far this season (he leads his team in BOTH PER and Win Shares. Many thought Nene would an all star this season dude.

I would like you to do something for me please. Start a thread titled "Are Andrew Bogut/Joakim Noah and Nene Hilario role players or a star players".

Lets see the responses you get.

By saying Andrew Bogut is a role player I do realize however that you basketball intellect is very limited. I was fooled by you post earlier on.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:12 PM
so, in essence, the point is bad teams don't have franchise players. they have guys forced to step into the roll, guys that sometimes trick franchises into thinking they're something that they aren't.

You're right. But if they can lead a team to similar results as a legit "Franchise player", what more can be said?

I've always felt like Joe Johnson was overrated and not a true Franchise player, but he gets them to the Playoffs and now is more respected.

dtmagnet
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM

You've never had a Russian Milkshake before?

ttam68
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Who?

Iggy on the Lakers- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Celtics- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Heat- Coming off the bench
Iggy on the Spurs- Coming off the bench

At what point would Iggy be a #2/#3 player on a Championship team? Lets stay within reality here.

Im willing to say that if he improved his shooting he could help push Chicago into that tier. The only problem with all of those scenarios is that they cant acquire him with his huge contract. So until further notice he wont be on any Championship caliber teams.

He'd be the starting 3 for either the Lakers or the Spurs. With Lebron/Wade and Pierce/Allen he'd come off the bench, but thats hardly indicative of his ablilities

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Andrew Bogut the second best center in the NBA is a role player? :facepalm:
Yes.

You should know by now the quality of C's in the NBA has been low for years. By claiming Andrew Bogut is a "star" player you're overvaluing a quality starting Center for being a star player solely due to the lack of quality at that position. Considering Jamaal Magloire was able to go to an ASG due to that fact, you're on point with other people's thinking of the C position.

Bogut is a good starting Center, but No, he isnt a star. He has never been a star. When Michael Redd was healthy, he was Milwaukee's star player. Post-Redd, I'm willing to say that Milwaukee, Toronto, Detroit & Cleveland are the only 4 teams in the NBA without a star player. Milwaukee went to the Playoffs on great defense & production from a quality lineup.

Joakim Noah arguably the 3rd best center in the NBA is a role player? :facepalm:
No. Arguably is way too subjective. You know who a star player is and who is not. There shouldn't be any debate about.

Noah is a quality, starting Center but he is far from a star player in this league.

Nene not only leads the league in FG% the season but recieved over 380,000 All Star votes which was almost 200,000 more than Andre Iguodala and is arguably the Nuggets most valuable player thus far this season (he leads his team in BOTH PER and Win Shares. Many thought Nene would an all star this season dude.

Using All Star votes to suggest who is a star player is laughable. Nene' gets a large portion of his votes from his native, Brazil. Same with Yao Ming and his native, China.

Nene has been productive this season, but to now put him in a category as a star player in this league is a little overboard. Once again, you're pushing the better portion of a weak Center crop into star status. Next you're going to tell me Bargnani, Hibbert, & Jefferson are star players as well. :laugh:

By saying Andrew Bogut is a role player I do realize however that you basketball intellect is very limited. I was fooled by you post earlier on.
Im flattered.

:o

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
He'd be the starting 3 for either the Lakers or the Spurs. With Lebron/Wade and Pierce/Allen he'd come off the bench, but thats hardly indicative of his ablilities

Exactly!

Also what about the Magic, Bulls, Mavs, Thunder? Even though he is a natural SF no coach will relegate him to bench duties because of it. A good example of this is Caron Butler last season.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
He'd be the starting 3 for either the Lakers or the Spurs.
Iguodala isn't a natural 3 to me. Hes playing out of position at SF out of necessity for a 76ers team that needs a shooter on the floor to help with spacing. If Philly had a good player at SF, I'd think he'd stick permanenty at SG.

I believe he would get minutes at the SF position, but if he were added to both teams he'd be used off the bench. The primary reason would be due to his versatility, considering both teams do not need another ballhandler in their starting lineup. Instead they can use him for their 2nd unit.

With Lebron/Wade and Pierce/Allen he'd come off the bench, but thats hardly indicative of his ablilities
OK.

I'm not questioning his abilities or calling him overrated by saying he'd come off the bench on a Championship team. Hes a quality player.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Exactly!

Also what about the Magic, Bulls, Mavs, Thunder? Even though he is a natural SF no coach will relegate him to bench duties because of it. A good example of this is Caron Butler last season.

Magic- Explain where Iggy fits in their starting lineup? Their offense revolves from the Inside-Out. They need shooters around Dwight. Which is why they have Nelson, Arenas, Richardson, Turkoglu, Redick, & Anderson receiving minutes. While a player like Q-Rich who struggles from 3, is not getting PT.

Thunder- A Championship caliber team? No.

Mavs- A Championship caliber team? No.

Chicago- I agree.

MTone8788
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Iguodala isn't a natural 3 to me. Hes playing out of position at SF out of necessity for a 76ers team that needs a shooter on the floor to help with spacing. If Philly had a good player at SF, I'd think he'd stick permanenty at SG.

I believe he would get minutes at the SF position, but if he were added to both teams he'd be used off the bench. The primary reason would be due to his versatility, considering both teams do not need another ballhandler in their starting lineup. Instead they can use him for their 2nd unit.

OK.

I'm not questioning his abilities or calling him overrated by saying he'd come off the bench on a Championship team. Hes a quality player.

We do, Thad Young. Iguodala is a 3, not a 2. And by the way, he could start on the Spurs (he is better than Richard Jefferson now), and the Mavericks...

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes.

You should know by now the quality of C's in the NBA has been low for years. By claiming Andrew Bogut is a "star" player you're overvaluing a quality starting Center for being a star player solely due to the lack of quality at that position. Considering Jamaal Magloire was able to go to an ASG due to that fact, you're on point with other people's thinking of the C position.

Bogut is a good starting Center, but No, he isnt a star. He has never been a star. When Michael Redd was healthy, he was Milwaukee's star player. Post-Redd, I'm willing to say that Milwaukee, Toronto, Detroit & Cleveland are the only 4 teams in the NBA without a star player. Milwaukee went to the Playoffs on great defense & production from a quality lineup.

What a bunch of utter RUBBISH!!!! When Michael Redd was healthy he was their star player? WTF!!!!

Who led a team without Redd to the playoffs last season? Andrew Bogut is one of the few throw back Centers still around in the NBA today and his defensive impact on the game is the reason why the Bucks team allows such few points.

Andrew Bogut is the only player in the history of the NBA to finish in the top 2 in blocks and charges drawn. You are telling me he isn't a star. Certainly isn't a superstar but he is indeed a star player.

No. Arguably is way too subjective. You know who a star player is and who is not. There shouldn't be any debate about.

Noah is a quality, starting Center but he is far from a star player in this league.

Did you even pay attention to what Noah did for the Bulls last playoffs against the Cavs? He's far from a star player? At the time of his injury this year he was the leading rebounder among ALL centers in the NBA.

Using All Star votes to suggest who is a star player is laughable. Nene' gets a large portion of his votes from his native, Brazil. Same with Yao Ming and his native, China.

Nene has been productive this season, but to now put him in a category as a star player in this league is a little overboard. Once again, you're pushing the better portion of a weak Center crop into star status. Next you're going to tell me Bargnani, Hibbert, & Jefferson are star players as well. :laugh:

Even a bigger pack of horse **** Nene gets a large number of votes from Brazil? So tell me this where was Anderson Verejao last year, Luis Scola this year, why didn't Luol Deng receive more votes given the fact that he's a Brit?

I am pushing the weak C?

He LEADS his team a playoff team at that in PER, Win Shares and Win Shares per 48. What the hell are you trying to tell me he isn't a star player? He is the most valuable player on a playoff team out West and you are trying to tell me he isn't a star player? WTF

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM

OK.

To everyone debating Andre Iguodala with this poster I urge you to cease and decist because that statement right there tells us all we need to know about his knowledge of Andre Iguodala and his skillset.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
You're right. But if they can lead a team to similar results as a legit "Franchise player", what more can be said?

I've always felt like Joe Johnson was overrated and not a true Franchise player, but he gets them to the Playoffs and now is more respected.

it all depends on what kind of results you're looking for. and, its important to remember those results are highly dependent on what surrounds said player. for my taste, i'm not going to invest in the guy that gets me a low seed, first round exit every year.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Magic- Explain where Iggy fits in their starting lineup? Their offense revolves from the Inside-Out. They need shooters around Dwight. Which is why they have Nelson, Arenas, Richardson, Turkoglu, Redick, & Anderson receiving minutes. While a player like Q-Rich who struggles from 3, is not getting PT.

Thunder- A Championship caliber team? No.

Mavs- A Championship caliber team? No.

Chicago- I agree.

With the trading of Mickael Pietrus could you please enlighten us all as to whom is their primary perimeter defender and how he matches up against Andre Iguodala.

Richardson was signed for that very purpose and not because of his shooting he hasn't been receiving minutes but it is because of his lax D.

Add Iguodala to the Mavs and they're a Championship calibre team. Add him to the Thunder and they'd have one of the best back court/ wing combos in the NBA. They can cause some havoc. They would still be in dire need of a big and a consistent 3 point threat however.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
We do, Thad Young. Iguodala is a 3, not a 2.
Hes a SF by necessity, I think he fits better as a SG IMO.

Thaddeus Young is solid. I was just continuing on from my point previously about having a shooter on the floor. Didnt want to say a "Good Shooting SF" since you have Kapono who is horrible at everything else.

And by the way, he could start on the Spurs (he is better than Richard Jefferson now), and the Mavericks...

Disagree. Richard Jefferson fits better as a starter for San Antonio mainly due to his improvement in his shooting. Doesn't mean that Jefferson is a better overall player than Iggy.

Mavs arent a Championship contender. If we're throwing Iggy on basic Playoff teams you can name more teams than just Dallas.

AlexTmz2
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Thats insane!! I had no clue.

MTone8788
02-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Hes a SF by necessity, I think he fits better as a SG IMO.

Thaddeus Young is solid. I was just continuing on from my point previously about having a shooter on the floor. Didnt want to say a "Good Shooting SF" since you have Kapono who is horrible at everything else.

Disagree. Richard Jefferson fits better as a starter for San Antonio mainly due to his improvement in his shooting. Doesn't mean that Jefferson is a better overall player than Iggy.

Mavs arent a Championship contender. If we're throwing Iggy on basic Playoff teams you can name more teams than just Dallas.

You must not watch the Sixers very much then because last year he was a SG by necessity and now he is in his real position at SF, you have it backwards.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
What a bunch of utter RUBBISH!!!! When Michael Redd was healthy he was their star player? WTF!!!!
Yes, he was. Were you able to watch TV then?

Who led a team without Redd to the playoffs last season? Andrew Bogut is one of the few throw back Centers still around in the NBA today and his defensive impact on the game is the reason why the Bucks team allows such few points.

That doesn't make a player a star player. I put Bogut in the same category as a healthy Bynum, they are quality C's but to say they are a star player is a stretch. There is only 1 at the Center position and that is Dwight Howard.

Andrew Bogut did not lead the Bucks to the Playoffs. Their total team defense did as well as equally important contributions from Jennings & Salmons. To place one's performance as being more important than the others solely because he plays a position with minimal quality is poor judgement IMO.

Andrew Bogut is the only player in the history of the NBA to finish in the top 2 in blocks and charges drawn. You are telling me he isn't a star. Certainly isn't a superstar but he is indeed a star player.

I honestly dont care about that correlation. Him being a good defensive Center doesn't make him a star player.

Did you even pay attention to what Noah did for the Bulls last playoffs against the Cavs? He's far from a star player? At the time of his injury this year he was the leading rebounder among ALL centers in the NBA. [/quote[]

So? Okafor's the 2nd leading rebounding C. Doesn't make him a star player.

[quote]Even a bigger pack of horse **** Nene gets a large number of votes from Brazil? So tell me this where was Anderson Verejao last year, Luis Scola this year, why didn't Luol Deng receive more votes given the fact that he's a Brit?
Using profanity doesn't make your point more valid.

1. Varejao wasnt a starter. Therefore he was a write-in candidate last year. He was a starter this season, but is injured.

2. Scola did get a lot of votes. Argentina isnt as big of a country as Brazil. Ginobili received most of their votes.(again)

3. Luol Deng is irrelevant in England until 2012. Not only is he not even a true Brit, but he lived in New Jersey after emigrating from Sudan.

I am pushing the weak C?

He LEADS his team a playoff team at that in PER, Win Shares and Win Shares per 48. What the hell are you trying to tell me he isn't a star player? He is the most valuable player on a playoff team out West and you are trying to tell me he isn't a star player? WTF
Yes. You are overrating the weak talent at the Center position solely due to the importance of the position.

I do not care anything about Win Shares or Win Shares per 48. If you are using those two to define who is and who isn't a star player, then you should've let me know previously.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
You must not watch the Sixers very much then because last year he was a SG by necessity and now he is in his real position at SF, you have it backwards.

True. I do not put myself through watching the 76ers play basketball unless it is a game that interests me.

I'd prefer to have Iggy at SG. Thats my own opinion. I'd rather have a SF who is capable of shooting the 3 as well as contributing in other areas in the game. That way I can go with a big backourt of Holiday/Iggy with a big frontcourt as well.

MTone8788
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
True. I do not put myself through watching the 76ers play basketball unless it is a game that interests me.

I'd prefer to have Iggy at SG. Thats my own opinion. I'd rather have a SF who is capable of shooting the 3 as well as contributing in other areas in the game. That way I can go with a big backourt of Holiday/Iggy with a big frontcourt as well.

How can you have a valid opinion if you don't even watch them? You can "prefer" whatever you want, but Iguodala is easily better as a SF.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
With the trading of Mickael Pietrus could you please enlighten us all as to whom is their primary perimeter defender and how he matches up against Andre Iguodala.
Iggy's struggles with shooting makes him ineffective on that Magic team. You are right, he would be their best perimeter defender but he'd be used in spots when needed solely for his defense. They have 2 capable ballhandlers already starting. He'd be ideal in the 2nd unit with Arenas, Redick & with Turk/Anderson sliding over to the 4 for spurts of the game to provide more offense.

Richardson was signed for that very purpose and not because of his shooting he hasn't been receiving minutes but it is because of his lax D.
He is shooting 30% from the Field. His minutes have dropping goes along along with the drop in his 3PT%.

Add Iguodala to the Mavs and they're a Championship calibre team.
No, they are not.

Add him to the Thunder and they'd have one of the best back court/ wing combos in the NBA. They can cause some havoc. They would still be in dire need of a big and a consistent 3 point threat however.

I agree.

Savage Sunday
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
How can you have a valid opinion if you don't even watch them?

Where did I say I completely dont watch the 76ers?

I watch enough to formulate my own opinion about the players I see. If not watching every game is enough to not have a valid opinion, then we all must be clueless on every other team.

You can "prefer" whatever you want, but Iguodala is easily better as a SF.

Based on what?

Im willing to say the best answer is that he is easily better whenever there is a shooter to pair with him on the wing. Is that fair?

heyman321
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
i thought the 76ers' franchise player was Jason "The assassin" Kapono?

BkOriginalOne
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Iggy would make a great 3rd option or an excellent 6th man.
He is worth in the ball park of 9-11 mil per, no more than that, really.
Heck, Rudy Gay> Iggy

Avenged
02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I see Andre Iguodala as more of a Caron Butler type of player.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]Yes, he was. Were you able to watch TV then?

You are talking about 4+ years ago. I am talking about the last two seasons. Did I mention 4+ years ago when I called Andrew Bogut a star?

That doesn't make a player a star player. I put Bogut in the same category as a healthy Bynum, they are quality C's but to say they are a star player is a stretch. There is only 1 at the Center position and that is Dwight Howard.

Yao Ming isn't a star then? Andrew Bogut is indeed a star.

Andrew Bogut did not lead the Bucks to the Playoffs. Their total team defense did as well as equally important contributions from Jennings & Salmons. To place one's performance as being more important than the others solely because he plays a position with minimal quality is poor judgement IMO.

Their TEAM defense Is a direct result of Bogut's presence and it showed in the splits when he was out of the line-up last season. He was the biggest reason why they were able to make the post season. Skiles, Salmons and Jennings came after in that regard.

I honestly dont care about that correlation. Him being a good defensive Center doesn't make him a star player.

So? Okafor's the 2nd leading rebounding C. Doesn't make him a star player.

So the leading rebounder among all Cs and the team's most valuable defensive player is not a star player? Wow now that is a shocker.

Using profanity doesn't make your point more valid.

1. Varejao wasnt a starter. Therefore he was a write-in candidate last year. He was a starter this season, but is injured.

2. Scola did get a lot of votes. Argentina isnt as big of a country as Brazil. Ginobili received most of their votes.(again)

3. Luol Deng is irrelevant in England until 2012. Not only is he not even a true Brit, but he lived in New Jersey after emigrating from Sudan.

Would you like me to give you more examples then?

Or better yet answer me this. Why wasn't Nene ever among the top 10 in All Star voting at his position before this season then?

Yes. You are overrating the weak talent at the Center position solely due to the importance of the position.

There is very good talent at the Center position. May not be as good as year past but still very very solid. The problem however that most of the best Centers are injury riddled. Even if Yao, Oden, Bynum, Kaman were all 100% Andrew Bogut would still be a top 5 C because of his worth defensively and his potential upside offensively. He is indeed a star player.

I do not care anything about Win Shares or Win Shares per 48. If you are using those two to define who is and who isn't a star player, then you should've let me know previously.

I fully agree because contributing to winning with your performance on the court practically has nothing to do with winning. And being the most valuable player on a winning team has nothing to do with being a star right.

pd7631
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Andre Miller.....he was our best player in his time here, and without him we were a 30 win team bound for the lottery

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Iggy would make a great 3rd option or an excellent 6th man.
He is worth in the ball park of 9-11 mil per, no more than that, really.
Heck, Rudy Gay> Iggy

:confused:

No one is questioning if Rudy is better than Iggy that is pretty much a given. But how could a GREAT 3rd option be an excellent 6th Man?

Are you relating to players such as Manu, Terry, Crawford? Because they are all better/more complete/efficient scorers than Iggy.

Do you think Caron Butler (prior to his recent injury history), Luol Deng, Wilson Chandler would make excellent sixth men? They all have had similar roles to Iguodala on both ends of the floor and have done so effectively as starters. In Wilson Chandler's case (someone who has done both this season) he has been much more valuable, effective and efficient as a starter than as a bench player.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Iggy's struggles with shooting makes him ineffective on that Magic team. You are right, he would be their best perimeter defender but he'd be used in spots when needed solely for his defense. They have 2 capable ballhandlers already starting. He'd be ideal in the 2nd unit with Arenas, Redick & with Turk/Anderson sliding over to the 4 for spurts of the game to provide more offense.

Well I'd tell you this then. Andre Iguodala's shooting struggles are a direct result of horrible shot selection. A lot of his 3s are contested and taken off the dribble. In a system such as Orlando's it would not be far fetched to think that one would see a hike in his shooting percentages.

Yes they do have two capable ball handlers but Iguodala does not need the ball in his hand to be effective in a team where he will not be relied on to bare the brunt of the scoring. He is displaying this with his play over the past 3 weeks or so. If you actually watch him play as often as you claim you'd see that.

He is shooting 30% from the Field. His minutes have dropping goes along along with the drop in his 3PT%.

Tell me this. Why was he starting ahead of JJ Reddick?

and What % of his shots come from the 3 point line?

Now compare that to Andre Iguodala. Iggy is much much much more versatile on the offensive end.

No, they are not.

What happened last season when they traded for Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood. When Butler began producing sporadically they fell back down to earth. With a better player and more consistent player taking over that role they'd be a much better team and with Tyson Chandler there now there's no doubt in my mind they'd be a much improved defensive team.

bholly
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
He has 9 assists (and zero points) in 8 minutes of first quarter play tonight. It's obviously not representative of his usual play, but I think it hammers home the point that he's much more than just points, particularly this season. He's just not a heavy scoring player.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
He has 9 assists (and zero points) in 8 minutes of first quarter play tonight. It's obviously not representative of his usual play, but I think it hammers home the point that he's much more than just points, particularly this season. He's just not a heavy scoring player.

Exactly!

He can/does help in many ways other than just scoring.

MTone8788
02-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Iguodala only has 16 pts, 15 assists and 0 turnovers so far beating the Knicks

Hustlenomics
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Iggy musta read this thread before the game tonight, don't sleep!

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Andre Iguodala career high is now 16 assists

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Only the third player this season with 16+ assists in a game with ZERO turnovers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=tov

Better yet the only forward in the last 25+ NBA season's with 16+ assists in a game and Zero turnovers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=F&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=tov&c2comp=lt&c2val=4&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=tov

Not even LeBron James or Larry Bird has done this.

Iggy will be on those lists by morning.

EaglesJackson10
02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Iguodala played so well tonight that he kept Lou Williams from losing us the game. Usually when Lou shoots like that we have no chance of winning.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Iguodala played so well tonight that he kept Lou Williams from losing us the game. Usually when Lou shoots like that we have no chance of winning.

I don't get mad when he shots a bad % from the field I get mad when he takes shots like the ones he took in the last 2 minutes of the game. :mad:

EaglesJackson10
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I haven't read the thread but if people are attacking Iguodala that's just stupid. No one claims he is a star in this league but he is a really solid player, passes the ball well, scores extremely well in transition, and is a great defender. He isn't a great isolation player or jump shooter like Kobe (I don't even get why that comparison was made) but he plays his role well and if he didn't have so many coaches his role would be more defined and he would play well in it. I really don't get the Iggy hate but I also think he should be traded just because of his value, his contract, and where the Sixers are right now. I doubt he will this season because of how the team is playing but hey if they have a good series in the playoffs like they did against Orlando and Detroit then I'm happy to go along for the ride.

EaglesJackson10
02-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't get mad when he shots a bad % from the field I get mad when he takes shots like the ones he took in the last 2 minutes of the game. :mad:

I do. He takes away a lot of touches and minutes from Jrue and ET. I have no problem with that when he is shooting well and scoring but Doug needs to limit his minutes when he shoots like he did tonight. His poor efficiency has cost us games.

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I do. He takes away a lot of touches and minutes from Jrue and ET. I have no problem with that when he is shooting well and scoring but Doug needs to limit his minutes when he shoots like he did tonight. His poor efficiency has cost us games.

The only reason our record is now better in close games that it was before this game began is because of his horrible shot selection IMO. A lot of our close loses have resembled this one however. We won this one but I couldn't help but feel the deja vu

Mplsman
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
He's the definition of overrated.

cbreezy34
02-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Iggy with 18 pts 16 assists 0 turnovers... eat it haters. Brand with 33 and 16.....yall keep underrating the Sixers we don't care... Iggy is in a great stretch, Brand is in the zone, Jrue and Turner are only getting better... keep hatin

KingPosey
02-05-2011, 01:59 AM
He had 18 pts with 16 ASSISTS tonight. Ill take that on the Kings. Maybe not for that contract but Iggy can HELP a team win. Not elite though. But thats unfair because only maybe 5 players are ELITE.

Sixerlover
02-05-2011, 02:12 AM
16 assists and 0 turnovers. I'll probably never see an Iguodala game like that again, but it proves that he's much more than points. What's Gerald Wallace's career high? Just interested

nuggetsyankees
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
his game isn't based around scoring anyways...he's an all-around player

Swashcuff
02-05-2011, 02:20 AM
16 assists and 0 turnovers. I'll probably never see an Iguodala game like that again, but it proves that he's much more than points. What's Gerald Wallace's career high? Just interested

He is the only non guard in the last 25+ years to ever do this. Hell not even Lary Bird or LeBron James have accomplished this.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2011&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=F&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=tov&c2comp=lt&c2val=4&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=tov

Larry's career high is 16 LeBron's is 15 in which he has done twice and Gerald Wallace's is 10 in which he has gotten once against us in 08.

KingPosey
02-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Its 42