PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010-2011: Race to the MVP Discussion Thread Part III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556860)

Part II (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573546)

D Roses Bulls
02-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I'll kick this off...... Derrick Rose :)

J-Relo
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

Yep, it's Lebron.

D1JM
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
D Rose

flclfanman
02-03-2011, 03:10 PM

:hi5:

k.smith904
02-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Rose.

Nobody wants to see the media whore hoist another meaningless accolade.

turnaround3
02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Has to be Rose.

ATX
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Rose.

Nobody wants to see the media whore hoist another meaningless accolade.

Off to a good mature start I see. :pity:

ATX
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Has to be Rose.

He is in the conversation, yes.

chicago lulz
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Off to a good mature start I see. :pity:

haha don't let them get to you. I would disregard any one word comments in terms of MVP. It should be a discussion, not "Insert name here".

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Rose, Westbrook, Ginobli, Lebron, Wade, Amare, Dirk, Paul, Durant. Throw the names in a hat and pick one. Thats about how wide open MVP is right now IMO.

sargon21
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Rose, Westbrook, Ginobli, Lebron, Wade, Amare, Dirk, Paul, Durant. Throw the names in a hat and pick one. Thats about how wide open MVP is right now IMO.

Durant's separated himself from Westbrook now IMO

SteBO
02-03-2011, 05:01 PM
This.

tredigs
02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Durant's beginning to separate himself from the league at this point. His play of late is better than anyone all year imo. If the Thunder can manage a top 3 seed in the west, and he continues a pace even similar to the last couple weeks, that's my best guess.

poleandreel
02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
lol at every bulls fan saying rose. Its as if they can only be homers. I completely understand the favoritism and the fact that he is playing extremely well. However, they are in the east and things are easier. Deron williams with the jazz in the east could easily have the same record....but they don't so i won't continue with the what if.

However, it is clear that Lebron is again the MVP. He makes that team go. yes wade scores alot (still not more than james) but he would not be able to do that unless james was there setting everyone up. We saw that when lebron went down the heat were clueless on offense.

My top 3:

Lebron
Howard/Rose
Wade/Durant

I think its that close...except with the number 1 spot. Bulls fans can scream injuries and what not, but the heat have been injured as well. Haslem is arguably just as important to the heat as noah is to the bulls. Not to mention miller missing half the season/ wade missing games and bosh as well.

For the record, I'm an OKC fan not a heat homer. I just have an unbiased perspective. I also think Clevelands record is indicative of how important James is to any team.

Cool007
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
If Bulls continue winning and have the 2nd seed in the East and have top 3 or 4 record in the entire NBA, then there is no way anyone else wins the MVP than Rose.

Just keep winning Bulls and Rose, keep it up.

chicago lulz
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
lol at every bulls fan saying rose. Its as if they can only be homers. I completely understand the favoritism and the fact that he is playing extremely well. However, they are in the east and things are easier. Deron williams with the jazz in the east could easily have the same record....but they don't so i won't continue with the what if.

However, it is clear that Lebron is again the MVP. He makes that team go. yes wade scores alot (still not more than james) but he would not be able to do that unless james was there setting everyone up. We saw that when lebron went down the heat were clueless on offense.

My top 3:

Lebron
Howard/Rose
Wade/Durant

I think its that close...except with the number 1 spot. Bulls fans can scream injuries and what not, but the heat have been injured as well. Haslem is arguably just as important to the heat as noah is to the bulls. Not to mention miller missing half the season/ wade missing games and bosh as well.

For the record, I'm an OKC fan not a heat homer. I just have an unbiased perspective. I also think Clevelands record is indicative of how important James is to any team.

I don't like that argument. Using that logic, if Lebron is number one as MVP, shouldn't they be number one in the east? Clevelands record is indicative of on-going injuries as well. I'm sure the record wouldn't change much, but it wouldn't be as bad as it is. And it's kind of expected when they tried surrounding Lebron with role players last year. Thus, once gone, that's a team full of role players, and rookies. I don't think you can expect much from that regardless. Anyways, I don't feel there is a clear cut number one at the moment. Especially with the way Durant has been playing as of late. Lebron, Rose, Durant, Wade, Dwight all have equal chances at winning it imo.

I feel if anything Rose has slipped down a bit in the running, with some poor efficiency last week. You can blame that on ulcers or what have you. Hopefully, now that he's feeling better, he can prove me wrong as far as his efficiency goes.

If I had to rank them it would go
Lebron
Durant
Rose
Wade
Dwight

The only reason I put Rose above Wade is because Rose is the number one option on the team, so his value to the team is definitely up there. If Heat fans are offended, well sorry. It's all opinions anyways.

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't like that argument. Using that logic, if Lebron is number one as MVP, shouldn't they be number one in the east? Clevelands record is indicative of on-going injuries as well. I'm sure the record wouldn't change much, but it wouldn't be as bad as it is. And it's kind of expected when they tried surrounding Lebron with role players last year. Thus, once gone, that's a team full of role players, and rookies. I don't think you can expect much from that regardless. Anyways, I don't feel there is a clear cut number one at the moment. Especially with the way Durant has been playing as of late. Lebron, Rose, Durant, Wade, Dwight all have equal chances at winning it imo.

I feel if anything Rose has slipped down a bit in the running, with some poor efficiency last week. You can blame that on ulcers or what have you. Hopefully, now that he's feeling better, he can prove me wrong as far as his efficiency goes.

If I had to rank them it would go
Lebron
Durant
Rose
Wade
Dwight

The only reason I put Rose above Wade is because Rose is the number one option on the team, so his value to the team is definitely up there. If Heat fans are offended, well sorry. It's all opinions anyways.

I would agree with this. Me personally i would have Westbrook higher than Howard though.

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM

yeah, Durant is higher than Westbrook but i still have westbrook in the top 5-6.

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
If Bulls continue winning and have the 2nd seed in the East and have top 3 or 4 record in the entire NBA, then there is no way anyone else wins the MVP than Rose.

Just keep winning Bulls and Rose, keep it up.

put it this way. If the bulls finish with a better record than the Heat Rose will likely beat Lebron and Wade in the voting. Especially since not many people had the Bulls finishing higher than the Heat.

Cool007
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Guys, you need to keep it simple. Look at the history first.

90%+ of the time MVPs come from top 2 seed in either conference - meaning if you are lower than 3rd seed, you can just forget about winning MVP (Dwight/Durant/CP3 etc).

If any of them even have a chance at winning, they better start winning games and be a top 2 or at worse 3 seed.

thekmp211
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
durant surging into the conversation, imagine if he'd been playing like this when we were all obsessed with his mvp chances. but, do voters punish him for playing with westbrook?

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
durant surging into the conversation, imagine if he'd been playing like this when we were all obsessed with his mvp chances. but, do voters punish him for playing with westbrook?

doubt it. Same situation with LBJ and Wade. eitehr could win even though they play together

smiddy012
02-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Bulls would be lucky to be barely over 500 if it werent for Rose. There isnt another guard on the team who can even distribute the ball well. I mean everything the Bulls do runs through Rose whether it starts or finishes with him. He's hitting the threes, getting to the line more, playing solid defense, and has become one of the more well-rounded players in the league (even has a decent post-game). If he continues on the path he's been going MVP will be his.

And when you are the only super-star on your team, that does make things harder.

Gators123
02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant

D1JM
02-03-2011, 06:25 PM

My top 3:

Lebron
Howard/Rose
Wade/Durant

The bulls are 14-5 against the west.

the whole look at cleveland thing is getting old. cleveland has had a bunch of injuries and they only have 7 players from last year squad whom the majority have been out for probably more than 7 games, except for jamison and hickson. Haslem and miller are role players for the heat. We've had our second and third best players out for about 40 games combined. noah is our anchor on defense too.

D1JM
02-03-2011, 06:27 PM
put it this way. If the bulls finish with a better record than the Heat Rose will likely beat Lebron and Wade in the voting. Especially since not many people had the Bulls finishing higher than the Heat.

a lot of people didnt even have the bulls winning their own division

SteBO
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
a lot of people didnt even have the bulls winning their own division
Hate to break it to you, but the regular season is far from over and anyone that said the Bulls wouldn't win their own division is :crazy:

sargon21
02-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Right now, it's Rose's award to lose.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
LBJ, D12 and CP3 are the Top 3, with Wade, Kobe, Durant, Rose and Dirk on the outside looking in...

SteBO
02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
LBJ, D12 and CP3 are the Top 3, with Wade, Kobe, Durant, Rose and Dirk on the outside looking in...
Can you explain to me why CP3 is over Rose in your opinion? I'm interested in your answer.

nwilder
02-03-2011, 06:47 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Rose

My top 5.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Can you explain to me why CP3 is over Rose in your opinion? I'm interested in your answer.

CP3: 25.9PER .615TS% .533EFG% 6.8TRB% 47.2AST% 3.9STL% 14.8TO% 126ORTG 99DRTG 0.282WS48
ROSE: 23.2PER .540TS% .486EFG% 6.9TRB% 40.6AST% 1.4STL% 13.1TO% 111ORTG 102DRTG 0.196WS48

In bold are the stats Rose beats CP3 in (barely at that) and the stats CP3 basically obliterates Rose in... My question to you would be, how is Rose over CP3 in any way?

D1JM
02-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Right now, it's Rose's award to lose.

i personally think its an open race between rose, lebron, d12, cp3 and durant. I think its between this 5

SteBO
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
CP3: 25.9PER .615TS% .533EFG% 6.8TRB% 47.2AST% 3.9STL% 14.8TO% 126ORTG 99DRTG 0.282WS48
ROSE: 23.2PER .540TS% .486EFG% 6.9TRB% 40.6AST% 1.4STL% 13.1TO% 111ORTG 102DRTG 0.196WS48

In bold are the stats Rose beats CP3 in (barely at that) and the stats CP3 basically obliterates Rose in... My question to you would be, how is Rose over CP3 in any way?
Advanced statistics :sigh: I guess it depends on your view of MVP. I go by accomplishment and circumstances through the regular season. Boozer and Noah have been out for extended periods this year and are a top 3 seed. Without Rose, the bulls are nothing. It's the same case with Paul, bt he hasn't to deal with Rose has had to deal with, and his team is currently 5th in his own conference and are 3rd in his own division. If MVP is purely decided by statistics, then Paul is over Rose. Otherwise, which is a factor, Rose is in the top 3 with D12 and LeBron. It's about more than just statistics. That's not to downplay CP3, I think he deserves it, bt Rose has a better case imo.

D Roses Bulls
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Like someone asked hollinger today in his chat

I know you love PER, but it's YOUR made up stat. Why should fans trust it when clearly our eyes can tell us that D Rose is playing way better than Paul and when PER doesn't account for how a player has to play when teammates are hurt?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36799

when paul is in the top 10 of 2 of the top major categories (points and assists) I'll take paul more seriously in this race

Raph12
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Advanced statistics :sigh: I guess it depends on your view of MVP. I go by accomplishment and circumstances through the regular season. Boozer and Noah have been out for extended periods this year and are a top 3 seed. Without Rose, the bulls are nothing. It's the same case with Paul, bt he hasn't to deal with Rose has had to deal with, and his team is currently 5th in his own conference and are 3rd in his own division. If MVP is purely decided by statistics, then Paul is over Rose. Otherwise, which is a factor, Rose is in the top 3 with D12 and LeBron. It's about more than just statistics. That's not to downplay CP3, I think he deserves it, bt Rose has a better case imo.

That's bs, many times the team has been carried by Deng, Boozer and/or Noah. They've won many times despite Rose's horrid offensive plays, the Bulls are the top defensive team in the league for a reason. The Bulls success has more to do with the coaching changes than anything. Of course Rose has made strides in his game, but the addition of Mr. 20-10 and improvements in role players/coaching staff has been just as, if not more vital to the team's overall success.

Take CP3 off the Hornets and Rose off the Bulls and the Hornets are much, much worse off... That's why he gets my MVP vote over Rose.

D1JM
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Like someone asked hollinger today in his chat

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36799

when paul is in 2 of the top major categories (points and assists) I'll take paul more seriously in this race

rose fans attacked hollinger from all angles today :guns:

D1JM
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
That's bs, many times the team has been carried by Deng, Boozer and/or Noah. They've won many times despite Rose's horrid offensive plays, the Bulls are the top defensive team in the league for a reason. The Bulls success has more to do with the coaching changes than anything. Of course Rose has made strides in his game, but the addition of Mr. 20-10 and improvements in role players/coaching staff has been just as, if not more vital to the team's overall success.

Take CP3 off the Hornets and Rose off the Bulls and the Hornets are much, much worse off... That's why he gets my MVP vote over Rose.

you take d west off cp3 game for more than half the season and i wonder how many games he wins.

D Roses Bulls
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
rose fans attacked hollinger from all angles today :guns:

yeah I know cause hollinger is an idiot and he didnt know wtf he was talkin about.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
you take d west off cp3 game for more than half the season and i wonder how many games he wins.

You really want to compare the Hornets supporting cast minus West to the Bulls minus Boozer?

Sactown
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I'd take CP3 over Drose... but clearly the MVP Is the Boogie Master Demarcus Cousins and YES I might be part of the Simpsons crew with those Homer Goggles

sargon21
02-03-2011, 07:31 PM

Never mind, read that wrong.

But, Rose is ahead of CP3 in the MVP Race for good reason, and advanced statistics aren't as crazily important as you make them out to be.

D1JM
02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
You really want to compare the Hornets supporting cast minus West to the Bulls minus Boozer?

compare them. while your add it, compare everyone vs everyone in the nba

Doogolas
02-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I know the world is "what have you done for me lately" but this myth that Durant is playing way better than he was earlier in the season is ridiculous. He's had four very excellent games. But was actually worse in January than he was in December. Yes, he had more rebounds and points per game, but he got his points on 21 more attempts and actually made one less than he did in December. While he shot a slightly higher FT% he got to the line less often.

The only thing he did better last month than in December was rebound. He got about 1 more board per 36 minutes.

And, Durant's last four amazing games were preceded by four bad ones. Durant's "recent play" should not be any more the reason Durant is in the discussion for MVP than his play earlier in the season. The fact is, he always should have been in the discussion.

Doogolas
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM

:laugh2: No, no they haven't. You CLEARLY do not watch Bulls' games if you think that.

Deng cannot create his own shot almost ever. I'd guess he is assisted on something around 40% of the shots he puts down.

Boozer has barely had to deal with double teams because he and Rose play the P&R so it's hard for the PG to help out on Boozer and if he does, Boozer just throws it back out to Rose who will either shoot or reset the play. I mean, Boozer has had a couple games here and there where he's dominated. But usually he just efficiently puts up his numbers. He doesn't carry us very often.

Noah has never carried this team. Ever. He's just not a good enough offensive player to come close to doing that. Yes, he's quite good, but he's not able to carry our team. The Bulls without Rose would be, at best, a .500 team. But I'd be willing to bet they'd be worse.

stawka
02-03-2011, 08:07 PM
LeBron

/ Close thread and start a part 4 in the offseason for NEXT season

JordansBulls
02-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Rose, Dwight and Dirk are the only allstars on their teams. Followed by CP3. Those are the guys who deserve to be in the MVP leading candidates.

D1JM
02-03-2011, 08:41 PM
:laugh2: No, no they haven't. You CLEARLY do not watch Bulls' games if you think that.

Deng cannot create his own shot almost ever. I'd guess he is assisted on something around 40% of the shots he puts down.

Boozer has barely had to deal with double teams because he and Rose play the P&R so it's hard for the PG to help out on Boozer and if he does, Boozer just throws it back out to Rose who will either shoot or reset the play. I mean, Boozer has had a couple games here and there where he's dominated. But usually he just efficiently puts up his numbers. He doesn't carry us very often.

Noah has never carried this team. Ever. He's just not a good enough offensive player to come close to doing that. Yes, he's quite good, but he's not able to carry our team. The Bulls without Rose would be, at best, a .500 team. But I'd be willing to bet they'd be worse.

he saw how the magic double teamed rose. that was the only way of the magic beating the bulls, by disrupting rose offense and taking the ball out of rose hands. if rose wasnt as important as other players on the bulls, than why do teams always double team him or put pressure on him to take the ball out of his hand. i still havent seen a game where boozer gets double teamed.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
he saw how the magic double teamed rose. that was the only way of the magic beating the bulls, by disrupting rose offense and taking the ball out of rose hands. if rose wasnt as important as other players on the bulls, than why do teams always double team him or put pressure on him to take the ball out of his hand. i still havent seen a game where boozer gets double teamed.

We doubled Boozer just as much, if not more than we did Rose and Deng's 3rd quarter was what really made the difference in the game. Orlando is a team of below-avg to avg defenders around the 2-time (soon to be 3-time) DPOY, he's our only defense, our perimeter guys can't guard anyone, so I don't consider it an accomplishment... We get burned by PGs night-in, night-out, no biggie there.

You guys say I look too much into advanced stats, but the truth is, the only even slightly-accurate method of comparing guys is by using advanced stats. Now the voters are idiots, so Rose may win if the Bulls finish 2nd or 3rd, but if you give it to the most deserving, he's got ways to go.

Doogolas
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
I really don't think you quite understand how important Rose is to the Bulls. He is the ONLY guy on our team that can create his own shot except I guess technically CJ Watson.

Without Rose we have a bunch of guys who cannot handle the ball trying to do something offensively. It would be absolutely terrible.

The Bulls would be at best .500 without Rose. Likely much, much worse. Boozer NEEDS a good PG to be affective because otherwise he'd never get the ball. Deng NEEDS the ball dished to him or he would also not be very affective.

footballer2369
02-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Although that's true, do you not agree that Chris Paul would do as good a job or better with the Bulls?

kjoke
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
rose and the bulls reminds me alot of wade when he had no one with him...the only difference is that wade never won MVP/ neither should rose

C-Style
02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
It will be between Rose Dirk & Kobe.

CP3 and DWight can come up.

Lebron and Wade cancel each other out. Team would suck without Wade.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Guys, you need to keep it simple. Look at the history first.

90%+ of the time MVPs come from top 2 seed in either conference - meaning if you are lower than 3rd seed, you can just forget about winning MVP (Dwight/Durant/CP3 etc).

If any of them even have a chance at winning, they better start winning games and be a top 2 or at worse 3 seed.

Pretty much. Just like the allstar reserves they basically base it off wins, which I don't agree with btw.

But basically I see it out of Rose, Dwight, Durant. Whichever one can get their team to that number 2 spot. I think the Spurs and Lakers will continue to hold it down the top 2 seeds so basically Dwight or Rose whoever gets a better record.

ATX
02-03-2011, 11:33 PM
LeBron made a strong case tonight.

chicago lulz
02-03-2011, 11:33 PM

Very stong case

justinnum1
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM

yea he did

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 12:30 AM

He will always have the stats for it.

Cool007
02-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Now the voters are idiots, so Rose may win if the Bulls finish 2nd or 3rd, but if you give it to the most deserving, he's got ways to go.

Wow!!! :speechless:

Really? You lose all that credibility you had with that statement right there.

If Rose is not deserving than I don't think there is any MVP in the NBA. PERIOD.

Rose is the team. We have a pretty good defense but offensively Bulls are NOT that good. This is where Rose comes in. Without Rose, Bulls would get blown out or lose the games in the 4th qtr pretty easily.

There is a reason Rose's 1 of the nick names is "Run Killer". If he doesn't kill that other team's momentum, normally all those games Bulls used to LOSE. Imagine a team without any ball-handlers, and play maker. That is how Bulls team would be without Rose. They would suck and they would suck HARD.

As good as Boozer's stats look, he would be horrible as a 1st option and we already know Deng is not that good of a 2nd option and if he becomes 1st option? It would be a laugher.

I know Rose is not a household name ala Dwight/Dirk/CP3/LeBron/etc so people are just in denial but they need to get used to it. Actually, you just don;t have a choice. Rose is creeping up and he is not looking back.

Believe it. Hype is Real!!!

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Rose, Dwight and Dirk are the only allstars on their teams. Followed by CP3. Those are the guys who deserve to be in the MVP leading candidates.

Boozer was kind of a snub. And Noah could've challenged Horford for the backup Center spot if healthy. I know they've both had injury problems...I'm just saying that the Bulls have other all-star level talent outside of Rose. Whereas CP3 really doesn't. West/Okafor aren't quite there. Dwight certainly doesn't. The magic have a lot of good players, but no other all-star level talent. Same goes for the Mavs, although Chandler should've made it.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Boozer was kind of a snub. And Noah could've challenged Horford for the backup Center spot if healthy. I know they've both had injury problems...I'm just saying that the Bulls have other all-star level talent outside of Rose. Whereas CP3 really doesn't. West/Okafor aren't quite there. Dwight certainly doesn't. The magic have a lot of good players, but no other all-star level talent. Same goes for the Mavs, although Chandler should've made it.

IMO that is the reason Rose is in the MVP discussion because Boozer missed 17 games and Noah 20+ games. If healthy either Boozer or Noah would be an allstar and I think Rose would be no higher than 3rd or 4th on MVP ballots.

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:15 AM
He will always have the stats for it.

What's that supposed to mean? This was a big time game, and he carried us. Wade and Bosh were off. Well, Wade got chokeslammed by Dwight early. 51/11/8 against a top-notch team. That's what MVPs do. And it's performances like this, the LA Christmas game, the Cavs homecoming, the triple-double at MSG, the overtime win against Portland, that shouldn't be overlooked. More often than anyone else on our team, Lebron steps up and carries us when we need it. This wasn't just a "stat" game.....like it was against the T'Wolves or something. Lebron is throwing down monster performances on almost every marquee matchup we've had.

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:17 AM
IMO that is the reason Rose is in the MVP discussion because Boozer missed 17 games and Noah 20+ games. If healthy either Boozer or Noah would be an allstar and I think Rose would be no higher than 3rd or 4th on MVP ballots.

Yeah, even though this is the MVP thread I wasn't really focusing on MVP merit....just pointing out that even tho Rose is technically the only all-star on his team, we both know that's not really the case. Injuries are unfortunate though.

I mean, if the Hawks have 2 all-stars, the Bulls gotta at least match that. I thought Boozer should've taken Johnson's place though.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 01:25 AM
What's that supposed to mean? This was a big time game, and he carried us. Wade and Bosh were off. Well, Wade got chokeslammed by Dwight early. 51/11/8 against a top-notch team. That's what MVPs do. And it's performances like this, the LA Christmas game, the Cavs homecoming, the triple-double at MSG, the overtime win against Portland, that shouldn't be overlooked. More often than anyone else on our team, Lebron steps up and carries us when we need it. This wasn't just a "stat" game.....like it was against the T'Wolves or something. Lebron is throwing down monster performances on almost every marquee matchup we've had.
:clap:
I have yet to see Rose take over a game this season the way Lebron does

alencp3
02-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Give James the MVP already

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:29 AM

Rose won't score 50 points as very few PG's score 50 points, but taking over a game, you need to watch the two games vs Houston and against Boston.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Give James the MVP already

Why should I give the MVP to a player that is the #2 seed that has 2 more allstars on his team?

Only player that won MVP with 3 allstars was Bird and that was simply because they had the best record in the league.

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM

Rose has had some monster games. He's definitely near the top of the discussion. But Lebron is just otherworldly.

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Why should I give the MVP to a player that is the #2 seed that has 2 more allstars on his team?

Only player that won MVP with 3 allstars was Bird and that was simply because they had the best record in the league.

The season's not over. And it's performances like tonight that prove why he's our team's (and the league's) most valuable player.

Baller1
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Well, if I could move LeBron up any higher I would. But he was already #1.

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 02:21 AM
As of now, it's Rose. He has led his team to a 34-14 record with most games being without Boozer and Noah. Not to mention, he's the only all-star on his team. /discussion

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 02:22 AM

That's because you don't watch bulls games. Makes sense now huh?

sargon21
02-04-2011, 02:24 AM
We will see, boys. We will see.

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 02:25 AM
rose and the bulls reminds me alot of wade when he had no one with him...the only difference is that wade never won MVP/ neither should rose

Rose has led his team to a 34-14 record even with his team being ravaged by injuries. Wade has never been in a similar situation.

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 02:26 AM
LeBron himself said that signing with Miami basically threw any chances of MVP out of the window.

Baller1
02-04-2011, 02:32 AM
LeBron himself said that signing with Miami basically threw any chances of MVP out of the window.

So? That means nothing.

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 02:40 AM
So? That means nothing.

Obviously it means something if LeBron said it....

D1JM
02-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Obviously it means something if LeBron said it....

He also said he would bring a championship to Cleveland. Don't belief lebron, he lies to his own mama

tredigs
02-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Lebron just had one of the best regular season games of the last decade: I'm more than willing to affirm my position that he'll end up as the best player/MVP of the league - still - again.

If not him, it will be Durant - who is just unconscious lately. Heat will have to finish 1st or 2nd in the East though, and the Thunder top 3 (possibly 4).

If the Bulls can end up as a top 2 or possibly 3 seed? Then Rose will be vying for top honors as well. But I have a feeling that won't be the case (as top 2).

As for D. Howard, I still fail to see it. Sure - he's a fantastic defender and an efficient scorer (right underneath the basket), but he falls on his face in the 4th far too often to be mentioned with these guys in #1 MVP talks. The contrast of just how drastically superior a player Lebron is than Dwight was put on full display in the Heat/Magic game in Orlando tonight; and that truly summarizes it all to me.

Argue all you want that 'Bron plays with two other great players (and one absolute superstar no doubt), but look at the makeup of the rest of their team right now, it's pretty garbage. And without LBJ, that team isn't sniffing HCA. With him? Legit contenders.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 03:00 AM
That's because you don't watch bulls games. Makes sense now huh? No it doesn't make sense, when Lebron takes over a game you can put it(mostly when he start draining jump shots) in the books but when Rose does it it's not totaly over

I'm not talking about just taking over for one quater i'm talking about taking it over from start to finish

DaBear
02-04-2011, 03:06 AM
No it doesn't make sense, when Lebron takes over a game you can put it(mostly when he start draining jump shots) in the books but when Rose does it it's not totaly over

I'm not talking about just taking over for one quater i'm talking about taking it over from start to finish

I guess having Wade and Bosh has nothing to do with that.

:facepalm:

sargon21
02-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Lebron just had one of the best regular season games of the last decade: I'm more than willing to affirm my position that he'll end up as the best player/MVP of the league - still - again.

If not him, it will be Durant - who is just unconscious lately. Heat will have to finish 1st or 2nd in the East though, and the Thunder top 3 (possibly 4).

If the Bulls can end up as a top 2 or possibly 3 seed? Then Rose will be vying for top honors as well. But I have a feeling that won't be the case (as top 2).

As for D. Howard, I still fail to see it. Sure - he's a fantastic defender and an efficient scorer (right underneath the basket), but he falls on his face in the 4th far too often to be mentioned with these guys in #1 MVP talks. The contrast of just how drastically superior a player Lebron is than Dwight was put on full display in the Heat/Magic game in Orlando tonight; and that truly summarizes it all to me.

Argue all you want that 'Bron plays with two other great players (and one absolute superstar no doubt), but look at the makeup of the rest of their team right now, it's pretty garbage. And without LBJ, that team isn't sniffing HCA. With him? Legit contenders.

Rose wins that argument. (take each player off their team, etc.)

And by the way, if you consider the Heat contenders, so are the Bulls, without a doubt.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:13 AM

You must've missed the game in Orlando tonight friend. Wade and Bosh could've been two chia pets; It was the LBJ show from start to finish.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:14 AM
double.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 03:15 AM

Last night you could of replaced Wade and Bosh with D leaguers and Lebron would still have dominated the game regardless the way he was playing

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:17 AM

And by the way, if you consider the Heat contenders, so are the Bulls, without a doubt.

Lebron is SO much better than Rose, that it really bears no comparison. Kid's a great young talent, but his rightful spot is in the Westbrook V. Rose debates. This is a true legend in his prime you're trying to compare him to.

And no, Chi simply doesn't have enough fire power to defeat the Celtics. I think the Celtics beat the Heat, but it will still be a hell of a series.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 03:18 AM

Yep, no doubt the Bulls are playoff contenders while the Heat are championship contenders the only team in the east as of now standing in their way is Boston

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Lebron is SO much better than Rose, that it really bears no comparison. Kid's a great young talent, but his rightful spot is in the Westbrook V. Rose debates. This is a true legend in his prime you're trying to compare him to.

And no, Chi simply doesn't have enough fire power to defeat the Celtics. I think the Celtics beat the Heat, but it will still be a hell of a series.

I agree except for the Westbrook vs. Rose debates. Rose is obviously the superior player, just like LeBron is obviously superior to Rose.

PrestigeWldWde
02-04-2011, 03:24 AM

My top 3:

Lebron
Howard/Rose
Wade/Durant

I copied your paragraph and put in Rose and Boozer instead of James and Wade...notice the similarities? Obviously I didn't use your last sentence because Rose has only missed 1 game this season.

"However, it is clear that ROSE is the MVP. He makes that team go. yes BOOZER scores alot (still not more than ROSE) but he would not be able to do that unless ROSE was there setting everyone up."
I can't believe you think this. Haslem to the Heat is like Taj Gibson to the Bulls, not Noah. Noah is definitely a few notches above Haslem. Noah is the Bulls 3rd best player behind Rose and Boozer. Haslem probably isn't top 5 on the Heat.
As for the last part, of course James is important to any team he is on. If you take him off the Heat then they are a good team, but not a contender. If you take Rose off the Bulls, they are a pretty bad team. Just like in Dallas when the Mavs lost Dirk for a few games, they were pretty horrendous. You can use that argument for pretty much any team with an MVP candidate on it.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 03:33 AM
I agree except for the Westbrook vs. Rose debates. Rose is obviously the superior player, just like LeBron is obviously superior to Rose.

The difference (if there is any - and I could easily argue that Westbrook is as good overall as Rose, though I do personally think Rose is playing slightly better right now), is not even CLOSE to as drastic as Lebron over Rose. Two different worlds.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Rose is not superior to Westbrook :laugh:

Hawkize31
02-04-2011, 03:35 AM
You have to be quite a homer to think Derrick Rose is better than Lebron James.

You can base it on stats and Lebron is better. You can base it on watching the players dominate, Lebron is better. The only argument Bulls fans have is that the Bulls have been injured, but the Heat have been injured too and didn't get to play together all preseason.

If the only argument over Lebron Rose has is that he has led his injured team to a worse record than Lebron has led the injured Heat to, then you have a weak argument. Edit: ok, they basically have the same record, within a half a game. Still not a strong argument.

I don't know if Lebron is the MVP, but if its between Rose and Lebron, its no contest, Lebron is the more valuable player of the 2.

PrestigeWldWde
02-04-2011, 03:37 AM
He also said he would bring a championship to Cleveland. Don't belief lebron, he lies to his own mama

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/lebron_riding_west_tshirt-235311538306174420
:D

PrestigeWldWde
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM

Don't watch much basketball, do you?:laugh2:
If most people are saying that Rose is top 3 in MVP voting and Westbrook isn't even top 5, then doesn't that give you a little hint as to Rose being superior to Westbrook?

godolphins
02-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Don't watch much basketball, do you?:laugh2: If most people are saying that Rose is top 3 in MVP voting and Westbrook isn't even top 5, then doesn't that give you a little hint as to Rose being superior to Westbrook?
:laugh:
Do you even know what the definition of superior is? :laugh2:Rose is better than Westbrook but he's not superior than him
It's not like he's way better than him

Chi StateOfMind
02-04-2011, 04:05 AM
1-Rose
2-Durant
3-LeBron
4-Dirk
5-Amare

chicago lulz
02-04-2011, 04:34 AM
As of recent, I still say
Lebron
Durant
Rose
And I'm a bit iffy on past that
Anywhere from Wade, Howard, etc.

Lebron is still proving that he can be the man ala Cleveland as evidence by today and past games. Wade is kind of being shotty with the FT attempts as of late (i've seen miami posters say this year), and it's obvious that Lebron is the most consistent on that team. Wade has the ability to take over or create a big impact on that team at any point though.

Durant has been playing off the walls as of late, and as baller stated earlier, I feel he's taken that number one spot on that tunder team.

Rose is up there because of the whole injury deal and I feel like he'll get back to form, as evidence by that Clippers game. Just on a slump plus the ulcer deal, whatever you want to make out of that.

Howard can be up there, but damn do the magic rely on 3 pt shots a whole lot. Howard is your number one man, and you should be making every effort to get it inside to him. That whole 'inside out game'.

Lebron went off tonight and shows why he's number one in the league. I have seen Rose take over games, but not the way Lebron did. I am confident that Rose could do something of similar nature to what Lebron did, but not entirely on the same level.

We'll see as Rose is having a stellar year, but you have to give it to Lebron at the moment.

It's still early people.

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 05:39 AM
If most people are saying that Rose is top 3 in MVP voting and Westbrook isn't even top 5, then doesn't that give you a little hint as to Rose being superior to Westbrook?

in MVP voting maybe, but not in the game...

Minimal
02-04-2011, 05:40 AM
I have 1 question.

Anyone besides some homerish Bulls fans have Rose over LeBron?

flclfanman
02-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Do you even know what the definition of superior is? :laugh2:Rose is better than Westbrook but he's not superior than him

Well which one is it? :eyebrow:

Right now Rose IS better than Westbrook in by book

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I have 1 question.

Anyone besides some homerish Bulls fans have Rose over LeBron?

Yeah most people do. You don't get MVP when you have 3 total allstars unless you have the best record by far in the league.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah most people do. You don't get MVP when you have 3 total allstars unless you have the best record by far in the league.
You always say the same things. You won't acknowledge he is the MVP even if he averages 30/10/10 by the end of the season and still gets the 2nd seed.

And who are those "most people"?

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM

The question is do YOU even know what the definition of superior is? I think it is hilarious when people do that. Look up the word superior. Trust me, it will help you. Heck, just click on this link: http://thesaurus.com/browse/superior.

Better is listed as the definition and all of the synonyms (look that word up as well so you can understand) reflect the similarity between the words.

Perhaps you were trying to suggest that superior is a different level to better. It isn't. Next time focus on making a well-reasoned argument instead of condescending comments that get thrown back in your face.

Hawkize31
02-04-2011, 10:51 AM

You always say the same things. You won't acknowledge he is the MVP even if he averages 30/10/10 by the end of the season and still gets the 2nd seed.

And who are those "most people"?

Yeah, you can't just throw out "most people" think Rose is MVP over Lebron. Where are u getting that?

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
You have to be quite a homer to think Derrick Rose is better than Lebron James.

You can base it on stats and Lebron is better. You can base it on watching the players dominate, Lebron is better. The only argument Bulls fans have is that the Bulls have been injured, but the Heat have been injured too and didn't get to play together all preseason.

If the only argument over Lebron Rose has is that he has led his injured team to a worse record than Lebron has led the injured Heat to, then you have a weak argument. Edit: ok, they basically have the same record, within a half a game. Still not a strong argument.

I don't know if Lebron is the MVP, but if its between Rose and Lebron, its no contest, Lebron is the more valuable player of the 2.

I think you have managed to post four paragraphs while completely missing the point. No one (not even the most homerish Bulls fan) thinks that Rose is the better player. Anyone who votes for MVP based on who is the best player would have to pick Lebron (this year and likely for at least the next 5). However, some people vote based on the criteria of who is "most valuable" (seems like a coincidence) to his team. By that criteria there is a much better argument that the Bulls without Rose would suffer more than the Heat without Lebron. I don't think that argument is a slam dunk either, but you are missing the point just focusing on records and who is better.

hvg
02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Rose has done more for his team this year than Lebron has. It doesn't mean he's more talented or puts up better numbers. He's carried an injured team to an excellent winning record (I'm not a Bulls or Heat fan).

My top 5:
1. Rose
2. Lebron
3. Durant
4. Amare
5. Paul

Special mentions: Dirk, Ginobili, Rondo, Westbrook, Howard

hvg
02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, you can't just throw out "most people" think Rose is MVP over Lebron. Where are u getting that?

I, for one, thing Rose should be MVP over Lebron (not a Bulls fan).

Apparently, "most people" do too:
http://www.nbamvprace.com/
(assuming there isn't a significantly large bias towards bulls fans)

Minimal
02-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I, for one, thing Rose should be MVP over Lebron (not a Bulls fan).

Apparently, "most people" do too:
http://www.nbamvprace.com/
(assuming there isn't a significantly large bias towards bulls fans)
When was this poll created? 4 months ago?
You also have Kobe over LeBron in that "website"...

We can actually create a poll here on PSD about MVP race and who is more of MVP Rose or LeBron.
However I doubt LeBron will win it cause all of haters.

And another things, the guy who created this website and bought this "bright" domain doesn't know how to spell some NBA players.

Dirk Nowitzski
Dwayne Wade

hvg
02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
When was this poll created? 4 months ago?
You also have Kobe over LeBron in that "website"...

I can't tell when the poll was created, and I'm not saying the "website" is a reliable source. It's just an indication of how people feel. Just shows that it's not a stretch to say that many people believe Rose is more deserving this year.

Also, Kobe isn't over Lebron. He's actually #3.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I can't tell when the poll was created, and I'm not saying the "website" is a reliable source. It's just an indication of how people feel. Just shows that it's not a stretch to say that many people believe Rose is more deserving this year.

Also, Kobe isn't over Lebron. He's actually #3.
There is a poll about who is better Kobe or LeBron.
Kobe has 58%, LeBron 42%.
Which leads to 2 things:
1. Most people who visit this website are LeBron haters
or
2. this website and polls were created just after Kobe got his 5th ring (Summer)

Wasn't Durant proclaimed to be the MVP? However he on that site he has 4% of votes and Howard only 2%. So that means Howard and Durant are nothing near to be the MVP right now?

IrespectNumber3
02-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Yea Rose is pretty much more of an MVP candidate then Lebron because Miami is a half a game above Chicago or tied for the last couple of weeks. : /

Rose < pts rebs fg percentage then Lebrons

You can say the Bulls had Noah out, but we missed Miller for half of the season, Haslem is still out. Bosh and Wade have been out a few times. Lebron has also been banged up

When the standings are so close for these 2 teams I go to the stat board.
Lebron is still "PLAYING" better then Rose, but Rose is def in the discussion.

Don't give me this bs about how these awards are won by supporting cast and not the Players playing.

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
There is a poll about who is better Kobe or LeBron.
Kobe has 58%, LeBron 42%.
Which leads to 2 things:
1. Most people who visit this website are LeBron haters
or
2. this website and polls were created just after Kobe got his 5th ring (Summer)

Or the voters consider championships to be defining? Or people are voting based on who has been better over their careers? Or over the past several years? There are a lot of possibilities. It seems weird that you believe that you are entitled to your viewpoint but no one else is entitled to theirs.

You think Lebron is MVP using your criteria and valuation system. There is nothing wrong with that. Other people disagree. Why is this so personal to you?????

Minimal
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Or the voters consider championships to be defining? Or people are voting based on who has been better over their careers? Or over the past several years? There are a lot of possibilities. It seems weird that you believe that you are entitled to your viewpoint but no one else is entitled to theirs.

You think Lebron is MVP using your criteria and valuation system. There is nothing wrong with that. Other people disagree. Why is this so personal to you?????
My point is this source he gave is bs.

hvg
02-04-2011, 11:58 AM
My point is this source he gave is bs.

No way. It's on the interwebs.

Baller1
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

That's a completely moot point.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 12:07 PM
No way. It's on the interwebs.
LMAO. That's a Blogger page.

www.nbamvprace.com
www.blogger.com
Can you see the similarities?

That guy just created a blog and put it on www.mvprace.com domain. Can't you see that bar on the top of the page, where it is written "next blog".

Some people are funny here.

Yanks All Day
02-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Last night you could of replaced Wade and Bosh with D leaguers and Lebron would still have dominated the game regardless the way he was playing

To be honest, LeBron had been dominating with glorified D Leaguers for the last few years. But absolutely last night solidified it for me. LeBron James is the MVP of the NBA. 50, 11, and 8 while shooting 68% ? No one else in the league can do that.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
LOL..... people are still trying to argue against Derrick Rose.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
To be honest, LeBron had been dominating with glorified D Leaguers for the last few years. But absolutely last night solidified it for me. LeBron James is the MVP of the NBA. 50, 11, and 8 while shooting 68% ? No one else in the league can do that.

To be honest - in the modern era, outside of Jordan, its likely that only The Bron could do that. And what makes it that much more impressive is the fact that it was done to a top 5 defensive team... on National TV... in their house. This isnt the Raptors were talking about here... ; ]

LayZbone
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I can't believe you think this. Haslem to the Heat is like Taj Gibson to the Bulls, not Noah. Noah is definitely a few notches above Haslem. Noah is the Bulls 3rd best player behind Rose and Boozer. Haslem probably isn't top 5 on the Heat.

FALSE. Yes, Noah is a better player, but believe it or not Haslem is the 4th best player on the Heat. It's between him and Mike Miller, but before this season started, that's what the Heat envisioned their top five to look like. And the fact of the matter is that our top 5 players haven't played 1 second on the floor together, but Haslem is more important to the Heat than you realize. Having him out until April is a HUGE blow.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Here is what we will do, we can add a poll with all of the MVP candidates and see who most feel is the MVP this season.

Remember this is the MVP not who is the best player in the league.

Amare1
02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Lebrons just another level

Minimal
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Here is what we will do, we can add a poll with all of the MVP candidates and see who most feel is the MVP this season.

Remember this is the MVP not who is the best player in the league.
Agree. Even if that poll won't make sense. We should have that poll every month, same as this thread.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
You should have added Deron Williams and Russell Westbrook also imo, even if they are not that kind of big mvp candidates.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Agree. Even if that poll won't make sense. We should have that poll every month, same as this thread.

Yeah I am just not sure how to do the poll at the moment because if you leave it up for a month, a poster's opinion can change and if they already voted it won't be accurate, so I just left this poll up for 3 days, to make it a bit more accurate for the time being.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Rose still number 1 in NBA.com rankings :)

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/02/04/race-to-mvp-week-15/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Those who vote Lebron, must believe that Wade is not valuable to the Heat when in effect Wade is the proven winner here.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Those who vote Lebron, must believe that Wade is not valuable to the Heat when in effect Wade is the proven winner here.

lebron has led the team in scoring 24 games, but wade is only one behind him at 23 and the heat started to really play great when wade got his game back.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM

lol at you JB. As if the two are mutually exclusive. Wade is immensely valuable, but LBJ is simply THE MOST valuable. I'd run circles around this debate further, but I'm at work right now.

nitric
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Rose still number 1 in NBA.com rankings :)

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/02/04/race-to-mvp-week-15/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Lol PSD knows NBA.com and ESPN.com are Bulls homers :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Lol PSD knows NBA.com and ESPN.com are Bulls homers :facepalm:

lol..... according to psd, ESPN who is on lebron nuts are all a sudden bulls homers according to them as well as NBA.com, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Chris Webber, The rest of TNT, and anyone who doesn't agree lebron is MVP. :)

TO to the CHI
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
lol at you JB. As if the two are mutually exclusive. Wade is immensely valuable, but LBJ is simply THE MOST valuable. I'd run circles around this debate further, but I'm at work right now.

Perhaps you meant that you would run in circles. The debate is circular. Why is that so confusing for people who keep repeating their position. Lebron is the best player in the game. If that is your criteria, he should win. If you view most valuable in a different light (as I personally do), such as who is most valuable to his team (i.e. the difference between the team without him and the team with him), then I think there are a few good contenders and I think Rose is the favorite right now. More to the point, if that is the criteria, having someone like Wade does hurt Lebron's candidacy.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Disagree, Heat would still be a top 4 team in the East without Lebron as they would still have Wade/Bosh. Bulls would be pretty much at the 7th or 8th seed this year without Rose.
My biggest gripe isn't that Lebron isn't the best in the league in the regular season, it is more or less how much posters are minimizing what Wade is to the Heat as he is the proven winner that shows up on the highest stage. This isn't a Moses Malone and Dr J when Moses Malone was the MVP and then he went to Philly and got MVP because Dr J hadn't won anything prior to that. This is different because Wade already showed he can lead a team to the title which he has done.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
wow, I cant believe someone from ESPN said something negative about Lebron. this is a shocker

Stephen (Charlotte)

You probably don't think LeBron is the best and most complete player in the league either..right?

Ric Bucher
(2:03 PM)

Most gifted player, without question. Most complete? No. Too many holes in his game, technically. Decision-making still very suspect. Still takes a lot of plays off or settles. He can be the most dominating player and is, at times. But it comes and goes. When challenged, he answers his critics, as he did vs. Orlando. But then he'll dial it back down again. Just not convinced the competitive fire burning inside him is hot enough to win a championship. But we'll see.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36784

SteBO
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
wow, I cant believe someone from ESPN said something negative about Lebron. this is a shocker

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36784

Typical LeBron hate from Ric Bucher. He was also the same guy that said LeBron shouldn't have passed the ball to Eddie House for a GW three pointer.
:rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Typical LeBron hate from Ric Bucher. He was also the same guy that said LeBron shouldn't have passed the ball to Eddie House for a GW three pointer.
:rolleyes:

I'm in shock, I thought it was in ESPN contract when you work for them that you cant talk bad bout lebron there.

SteBO
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm in shock, I thought it was in ESPN contract when you work for them that you cant talk bad bout lebron there.

:laugh2: Can't argue with that one.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
:laugh2: Can't argue with that one.

remember the story of lebrons b-day party over the summer and it had in there that lebron was rude to someone and drinking, and ESPN pulled the article cause they thought it would hurt lebron, lol.... they do the samething with brett favre as well.

alencp3
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
CP3 deserves one since he got robbed in 08'
But James will win it with Durant at 2nd

Yanks All Day
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM

By proven winner, you mean 1 miracle championship run and only 2 really good seasons record-wise? He had the not-yet-completely-washed-up Shaq for his 2 best seasons where they finished 59-23 and 52-30 to go with that championship. Otherwise, Wade's teams have finished 42-40, 44-38, 15-67, 43-39, and 47-35. Other than his 2 magic years with Shaq, Dwyane Wade has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs. You can't possibly tell me Dwyane Wade is a proven winner when he himself has yet to show that he can't even get out of the first round without another star. People say LeBron needed Wade to win a championship, but fail to realize that maybe its Wade who needs LeBron to just win a playoff series. In terms of doing it on their own, LeBron has done FAR more than Wade has in terms of carrying a team to victory.

SteBO
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
By proven winner, you mean 1 miracle championship run and only 2 really good seasons record-wise? He had the not-yet-completely-washed-up Shaq for his 2 best seasons where they finished 59-23 and 52-30 to go with that championship. Otherwise, Wade's teams have finished 42-40, 44-38, 15-67, 43-39, and 47-35. Other than his 2 magic years with Shaq, Dwyane Wade has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs. You can't possibly tell me Dwyane Wade is a proven winner when he himself has yet to show that he can't even get out of the first round without another star. People say LeBron needed Wade to win a championship, but fail to realize that maybe its Wade who needs LeBron to just win a playoff series. In terms of doing it on their own, LeBron has done FAR more than Wade has in terms of carrying a team to victory.

Hard to disagree with this. But Wade's supporting cast was awful to say the least the least the last two years.

Cool007
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
For some reason people are totally mis-understanding what MVP award is.

LeBron is the BEST PLAYER in the NBA Hands down. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Rose is the MVP so far this year - and there is a difference between MVP and Best player in the NBA.

LeBron is not MVP because he still has that top 5 player in the NBA as his teammate and one of the best PFs in the game - who is also an all-star and has been. Take out LeBron and they would still win about 50 games (47 games last year with D-Wade and Scrubs). This year they have better players and another all-star in Bosh.

Take out Rose and Bulls with all that injuries to their 2nd and 3rd best players, Bulls would be somewhere around where Toronto and Washington currently are.

With Rose, and even with injuries to their 2nd/3rd best players, Bulls are neck and neck with taht super friends team.

Yet, people still question Rose as MVP??? really???

LeBron with Cavs and much worse supporting cast had 43-11 record at the break and THE BEST record in the NBA. LeBron with super team has WORSE record.

Remember that people. That COUNTS whether you want to believe it or not.

Unless you are top 3 seed atleast, YOU ARE NOT WINNING THE MVP. So if CP3/Durant/Dirk/Kobe/Dwight have any hopes of winning MVP, they better win and continue winning.

Or it's Rose winning the MVP if Bulls continue their winning.

Yanks All Day
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Hard to disagree with this. But Wade's supporting cast was awful to say the least the least the last two years.

I can't disagree with that at all. I just wanted to point out that saying Wade is a proven winner isn't exactly a valid statement. Both of them have had garbage supporting casts for the majority of their careers, but LeBron has consistently done more with his staff. People always said Kobe needed Shaq until he won these last 2, but Wade never really got that distinction and I never got why, especially when he hasn't really done anything at all outside those 2 Shaq years.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't disagree with that at all. I just wanted to point out that saying Wade is a proven winner isn't exactly a valid statement. Both of them have had garbage supporting casts for the majority of their careers, but LeBron has consistently done more with his staff. People always said Kobe needed Shaq until he won these last 2, but Wade never really got that distinction and I never got why, especially when he hasn't really done anything at all outside those 2 Shaq years.

How is that not a valid statement? Wade won a title as the man, hands down. But yet I am supposed to believe he isn't a proven winner?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_wtf.gif

Yanks All Day
02-04-2011, 04:16 PM
How is that not a valid statement? Wade won a title as the man, hands down. But yet I am supposed to believe he isn't a proven winner?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_wtf.gif

I guess that first post showing Wade's records with or without Shaq gets discounted because it helps my point. So it's a mere coincidence when that Shaq leaves D-Wade's teams barely finish over .500 and never win a playoff series? No. D-Wade has a ring, congrats, but he is no more of a proven winner than LeBron is when asked to be the main guy with little help. In fact, he has done much less when he didn't have a number 2 guy.

On topic. LeBron is the Most Valuable player. People look way too much into his off the court antics when deciding his value.

CHANGO
02-04-2011, 04:20 PM
IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, If Michael Jordan was playing, he still would be the best player in the NBA.

If Earl Boykins was higher, would be more dominant than Shaq(in his prime).

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I guess that first post showing Wade's records with or without Shaq gets discounted because it helps my point. So it's a mere coincidence when that Shaq leaves D-Wade's teams barely finish over .500 and never win a playoff series? No. D-Wade has a ring, congrats, but he is no more of a proven winner than LeBron is when asked to be the main guy with little help. In fact, he has done much less when he didn't have a number 2 guy.

On topic. LeBron is the Most Valuable player. People look way too much into his off the court antics when deciding his value.

you do realize shaq was on a major decline then along with walker. shaq didnt even average a double double in the playoffs then and the next year was when age really really caught up to him. it was only 4 and a half years ago. im surprise you already forgotten. wade didnt play with the same shaq kobe played with wade carried that team in the finals and if it werent for wade the next year, the heat wouldnt of made the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, If Michael Jordan was playing, he still would be the best player in the NBA.

If Earl Boykins was higher, would be more dominant than Shaq(in his prime).

at 47 years old :eyebrow: if it was 35 year old mike, yeah he would still be.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 04:38 PM

LeBron is the BEST PLAYER in the NBA Hands down. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Rose is the MVP so far this year - and there is a difference between MVP and Best player in the NBA.

LeBron is not MVP because he still has that top 5 player in the NBA as his teammate and one of the best PFs in the game - who is also an all-star and has been. Take out LeBron and they would still win about 50 games (47 games last year with D-Wade and Scrubs). This year they have better players and another all-star in Bosh.

Take out Rose and Bulls with all that injuries to their 2nd and 3rd best players, Bulls would be somewhere around where Toronto and Washington currently are.

With Rose, and even with injuries to their 2nd/3rd best players, Bulls are neck and neck with taht super friends team.

LeBron with Cavs and much worse supporting cast had 43-11 record at the break and THE BEST record in the NBA. LeBron with super team has WORSE record.

Unless you are top 3 seed atleast, YOU ARE NOT WINNING THE MVP. So if CP3/Durant/Dirk/Kobe/Dwight have any hopes of winning MVP, they better win and continue winning.

people dont wanna realize that...... its like they forget whos on his team sometimes.

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 04:39 PM

why top 3, not top 2. oh yes, because Bulls are top 3

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Except Wade is the proven winner. Won a title with Shaq and got to the Conference Finals with him. Lebron with Shaq the furthest they got was round 2. In fact Shaq with any other wing has been in the finals or won it all and made the Conference Finals at least twice with any wing he has played with except with Lebron.

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
wade only got 1 vote? :facepalm:

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Except Wade is the proven winner. Won a title with Shaq and got to the Conference Finals with him. Lebron with Shaq the furthest they got was round 2. In fact Shaq with any other wing has been in the finals or won it all and made the Conference Finals at least twice with any wing he has played with except with Lebron.

Shaq got the Suns to the Finals simply because the other team were too afraid to play.

SEATTLEredsox
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM

While i agree that the Bulls would suffer a lot offensively without Rose, I think their defense is a bigger part of what's carried them. I really doubt the Bulls would be in Washington/Toronto territory without him. Honestly, I think Thibodeau is as big of a reason for the Bulls success as Rose has been this year.

tredigs
Perhaps you meant that you would run in circles. The debate is circular. Why is that so confusing for people who keep repeating their position. Lebron is the best player in the game. If that is your criteria, he should win. If you view most valuable in a different light (as I personally do), such as who is most valuable to his team (i.e. the difference between the team without him and the team with him), then I think there are a few good contenders and I think Rose is the favorite right now. More to the point, if that is the criteria, having someone like Wade does hurt Lebron's candidacy.

Or perhaps I meant what I wrote. The Bulls with a core of Deng (who's playing great), Boozer and Noah and no Rose would be just as solid as a core of Wade and Bosh in Miami (assuming the two went down with injury from the all-star break forward, with both casts near 100%. Not some magical scenario where the two are not on the team what-so-ever and different offseason acquisitions could be made).

Chicago may have lost one of their two main bigs for large bulks of the season, but they've always had at least one, and that is a major reason why they were able to maintain their solid performance in the east. I would argue that the Heat losing Haslem (despite him being a lesser overall player) was at the very least equally valuable to their team as the Bulls playing without Boozer or Noah (as they also have Taj to fill in, and the often overlooked Luol Deng).

Simply put, assuming both casts are healthy from the All-Star break forward, if you were to take out both D. Rose and Lebron, then each team would then be fighting for the 5th/6th seed in the East, and have no chance at a title. The Bulls having the best chance there at trying to maintain HCA given their much more well rounded team. Now, WITH them both? The Bulls are still not contenders (that team flat out does not have enough firepower to beat Boston), while Lebron - being the best/most dominant player on the planet - absolutely gives them a fighting chance to come out of the East.

The Bulls are a better overall team - which is why they're able to maintain near-elite status without one of their two bigs - but Lebron catapults the Heat ahead of them solely with his dominance.

There in lies the crux of my position that Lebron is both obviously clearly superior, AND more valuable to their teams being true contenders (which is what true MVP candidates usually play for).

Edit: And I won't even bother force feeding JB the fact that he's illuminating his blind love for Rose/Wade (his two favorite players) by comparing dinosaur Shaq to near-prime Shaq. Basically, that's just a white flag to me from an arguments sake.

JordansBulls
Shaq got the Suns to the Finals simply because the other team were too afraid to play.

I believe I said Wing players. Penny, Kobe, Wade, Lebron were wing type players.

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Or perhaps I meant what I wrote. The Bulls with a core of Deng (who's playing great), Boozer and Noah and no Rose would be just as solid as a core of Wade and Bosh in Miami (assuming the two went down with injury from the all-star break forward, with both casts near 100%. Not some magical scenario where the two are not on the team what-so-ever and different offseason acquisitions could be made).

Chicago may have lost one of their two main bigs for large bulks of the season, but they've always had at least one, and that is a major reason why they were able to maintain their solid performance in the east. I would argue that the Heat losing Haslem (despite him being a lesser overall player) was at the very least equally valuable to their team as the Bulls playing without Boozer or Noah (as they also have Taj to fill in, and the often overlooked Luol Deng).

Simply put, assuming both casts are healthy from the All-Star break forward, if you were to take out both D. Rose and Lebron, then each team would then be fighting for the 5th/6th seed in the East, and have no chance at a title. The Bulls having the best chance there at trying to maintain HCA given their much more well rounded team. Now, WITH them both? The Bulls are still not contenders (that team flat out does not have enough firepower to beat Boston), while Lebron - being the best/most dominant player on the planet - absolutely gives them a fighting chance to come out of the East.

The Bulls are a better overall team - which is why they're able to maintain near-elite status without one of their two bigs - but Lebron catapults the Heat ahead of them solely with his dominance.

There in lies the crux of my position that Lebron is both obviously clearly superior, AND more valuable to their teams being true contenders (which is what true MVP candidates usually play for).

Disagree totally. Wade last year with crap won 47 games and now just adding Bosh they would win 55 games. Bulls if you take Rose off that team may be a .500 team without him. And the Bulls are not a better overall team, if so then we would have been predicted to win more than 50 games to Miami's 61.

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I believe I said Wing players. Penny, Kobe, Wade, Lebron were wing type players.

And Shaq has never lead Suns to the finals...

My point was that Shaq in 2006 and 2010 is hardly comparable.

CHANGO
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
at 47 years old :eyebrow: if it was 35 year old mike, yeah he would still be.

Man, even at 50 years, Jordan would be the best in the league. :)

CHANGO
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
If... If...

Cool007
02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
why top 3, not top 2. oh yes, because Bulls are top 3

You try to make it like Bulls are somehow 2-3 games back of Miami for the 3rd seed.

They are virtually tied. Heat just played 1 more game.

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
You try to make it like Bulls are somehow 2-3 games back of Miami for the 3rd seed.

I didn't try to do anything, actually you guys try to make the best case for Rose (naming that only top 3 = denying Durant as a contender)

also the record is a bit misleading while Bulls played less road games and they played them terribly thus far (11-10), so considering the percentage on road and home both teams currently have, Bulls should end up with ~56 and heat ~59 wins

Minimal
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM

And when Chicago and Miami is tied you always say Chicago is 2nd seed.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM

delete

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
And when Chicago and Miami is tied you always say Chicago is 2nd seed.

Because Chicago won the head to head against Miami thus far, so yes they own the tiebreaker at the moment.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
People saying Lebron DO understand that him and DWade are going to split the votes at the end of the day and cancel each other out right? Add to that the fact he's got the award the past 2 seasons, there's no way he wins it again with the sports writers politics.

Its the Jordan rule.

kobe24>lebron23
02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow Lebron scores 51 and now everyone is sucking his dick lol ok rose is the MVP ladies and kids cuz seriously there is no way the bulls should be this good whatever psd isn't the smartest place on the Internet either

Minimal
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Because Chicago won the head to head against Miami thus far, so yes they own the tiebreaker at the moment.
Yeah, but that Cool guy says that like we make it a big difference, when we are actually ahead of you, however when Bulls and Miami are tied Bulls fans say like they are ahead of Miami with a big difference...

Minimal
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow Lebron scores 51 and now everyone is sucking his dick lol ok rose is the MVP ladies and kids cuz seriously there is no way the bulls should be this good whatever psd isn't the smartest place on the Internet either
I thought Kobe is MVP, right?

I bet you are one of those guys who said Rose is MVP, just to make a case against LeBron, but voted for Kobe.

tredigs
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Disagree totally. Wade last year with crap won 47 games and now just adding Bosh they would win 55 games. Bulls if you take Rose off that team may be a .500 team without him. And the Bulls are not a better overall team, if so then we would have been predicted to win more than 50 games to Miami's 61.

Yes, the Bulls absolutely are a better team top to bottom (realize this does not mean they're good enough to beat the Heat when both are at full strength, it simply means they're stronger at more positions). I could care less what any pre-season "expert" poll said about the two, we're seeing this after-the-fact. And many (see: most) of the experts simply have it wrong more often than not. Beyond that, you're still pandering to my own point (the point is, although the Bulls have a better all around team, Lebron still makes them that much better in most peoples opinions). They lack strength one position, and it's arguably the easiest position to hide weakness on the floor (SG, obviously). The Heat meanwhile lack any strength whatsoever at PG and Center - well acknowledged as the two most important positions on any contending squad (at the very least, you want a very strong interior defender. And obviously they don't have that).

Good point on Wade winning 47 with mostly scrubs (though Beasley is solid enough, and actually probably somewhat comparable to Bosh's impact), but when you start winning more games than that, you have to start beating the elite teams - and I don't see a core of those two doing that very often. We got to see how much they struggled without Lebron already this year, and it wasn't pretty for Miami. Point is, they would've been worse than the Celtics, Magic, Hawks, Bulls, and whatever team LBJ went to (Knicks/Nets/Bulls, whatever). Their title hopes rest on LBJ more than anyone else - but that's not to say that Wade is Robin to his Batman. It's Batman and Superman together (Howard, you're the Incredible Hulk, not Superman). And whichever one of the two you think is more valuable between Batman and Superman (?). That's Lebron.

yoseppii12
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
While i agree that the Bulls would suffer a lot offensively without Rose, I think their defense is a bigger part of what's carried them. I really doubt the Bulls would be in Washington/Toronto territory without him. Honestly, I think Thibodeau is as big of a reason for the Bulls success as Rose has been this year.

Agreeed!

Offense= Rose

Defense= Thibs

Thats the bulls in a nutshell. No offense to the other guys but its true. Every play on O runs through Derrick. On D, I don't know but you don't just become the best Defensive team in the league without Noah because we got Boozer, Korver, Brewer, Bogans, Kurt Thomas, etc in the offseason.

Jewelz0376
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Lebron is pretty much like Shaq and Jordan in their primes..you can give it to them every year..but I don't think Lebron should get 3 in a row..give it to someone new i'm going with Rose...

tredigs
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Lebron is pretty much like Shaq and Jordan in their primes..you can give it to them every year..but I don't think Lebron should get 3 in a row..give it to someone new i'm going with Rose...

I'm actually more fine with this edge of the argument than any other. As much as he's proved his massive worth both in the regular and post-season over the years, let's switch it up before we 3-peat Lebron (I have a feeling MANY voters - especially older ones - will follow this line of thinking). And that said, I'll give it to KD. But, as mentioned earlier, still early. This race will be won in the final month of the season. Nothing we write now makes one iota of a difference concerning the top 5-7 candidates. It's anyone's BG (see what I did there?; )

Rocketsfan85
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Rose is not an MVP he's not even a top 5 player in the league. Lebron,Wade,Durant,Amare,CP3 are all better plus there's other players better as well. But as of right now lebron is the MVP

JordansBulls
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm actually more fine with this edge of the argument than any other. As much as he's proved his massive worth both in the regular and post-season over the years, let's switch it up before we 3-peat Lebron (I have a feeling MANY voters - especially older ones - will follow this line of thinking). And that said, I'll give it to KD. But, as mentioned earlier, still early. This race will be won in the final month of the season. Nothing we write now makes one iota of a difference concerning the top 5-7 candidates. It's anyone's BG (see what I did there?; )

And Shaq only got 1 MVP, despite how much he dominated and he had already won titles as well.

My argument is simply that I wouldn't give it to Lebron until the Heat absolutely dominant or until he wins a title.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM

That's how I feel as well. It's hard for me to get into these MVP debates at this point in the year because it's so close, and the favorite seems to be changing regularly. Whoever dominates the final month individually and leads his team strong down the stretch will take it. I'm sure more than one player will do that, and it will come down to the politics of the whole situation. The top part of your post being one example of the politics surrounding LBJ, specifically.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
And Shaq only got 1 MVP, despite how much he dominated and he had already won titles as well.

My argument is simply that I wouldn't give it to Lebron until the Heat absolutely dominant or until he wins a title.

What similar politics surround other MVP candidates this season?

Will the voters ever give Dirk a second MVP even if he's deserving?
Will the voters give Kobe a second MVP w/o the best record in the West?
Does Wade lose his votes to LBJ?
Will The Hornets finish with a high enough seat for Paul to land MVP?
Will Rose get fair recognition in his first season as a legit candidate?
Does KD get the MVP before proving he can lead OCK out of the first round?
If the Magic finish any worse than 3rd, is Howard still a legit candidate?

ect.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Rose is not an MVP he's not even a top 5 player in the league. Lebron,Wade,Durant,Amare,CP3 are all better plus there's other players better as well. But as of right now lebron is the MVP

The Knicks are 25-23. As good as Amare has been, and as glad as the league is to see the Knicks competitive, they are barley over .500. Not happening this year for Amare, I think he's fallen out of contention. Exception being if the Knicks make a serious push and finish with a top 3 record in the east.

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
i think bron has taken the top spot, cp3 moves down to number two and dwight/rose are interchangeable at three.

kjoke
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Lebron james

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 08:29 PM

:facepalm: who is this guy?

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 08:33 PM
all the people arguing against rose, just read the peoples opinions who actually have a vote in the award cause believe it or not, what you are saying against rose won't matter cause you dont have a vote and right now rose is a top of that poll, like it or not.

godolphins
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
:facepalm: who is this guy? Well he is right Rose is not a top 5 player in the NBA but I don't know what that has to do with the MVP debate

thekmp211
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
guy on espn arguing dirk for mvp based on +/- differential.

Jewelz0376
02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
all the people arguing against rose, just read the peoples opinions who actually have a vote in the award cause believe it or not, what you are saying against rose won't matter cause you dont have a vote and right now rose is a top of that poll, like it or not.

I agree Rose should be mvo so far, but the people that I've heard on tv that have votes..most of them say Lebron

Sir Buckets
02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
MVP =/= Best Player in the League

You can't be the MVP if the second best player on your team is Dwyane ****ing Wade, and is averaging similar stats.

footballer2369
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

You can't be the MVP if the second best player on your team is Dwyane ****ing Wade, and is averaging similar stats.

How does having a great teammate make another player less valuable? That makes no sense.

Lebron is still the most valuable player in the league.

MiamiWadeCounty
02-04-2011, 09:33 PM
:facepalm: who is this guy?

Well he is right about Rose not being top 5. Although his list is off imo. Instead of CP3 and Amare I'd take Dwight and Kobe with LBJ, KD, DWade

Minimal
02-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Lets say LeBron has Wade and all other are scrubs and Rose a lot of below all-star players. So basically Rose will have a better team.
And LeBron won't be able to win MVP just because he has 2nd best player in the league? What kind of logic is that?
This excuse is ridiculous.

WhyDuquette
02-04-2011, 10:09 PM

This is the a thread about who we think the mvp should be, not just echoing other people in the media

D Roses Bulls
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Well he is right Rose is not a top 5 player in the NBA but I don't know what that has to do with the MVP debate

i was more talkin about him putting amare in the top 5, i guess i hsould have bolded that part

bovice163
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Lets say LeBron has Wade and all other are scrubs and Rose a lot of below all-star players. So basically Rose will have a better team.
And LeBron won't be able to win MVP just because he has 2nd best player in the league? What kind of logic is that?
This excuse is ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as your argument about Rose not being able to win MVP because of his PER. I don't think you realize you constantly contradict what you say.

Minimal
02-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Not as ridiculous as your argument about Rose not being able to win MVP because of his PER. I don't think you realize you constantly contradict what you say.
What does PER got to do with this?

People just want to believe what they thought would have happen - LeBron won't play superior basketball and won't win MVP, just because he plays with Wade and they still come with this argument. In the summer like only 10% of psd posters thought LeBron will be MVP and now it's 50%. What happened? LeBron plays better than expected.

bovice163
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
What does PER got to do with this?

Nothing. Just pointing out the fact that you use only the information and statistics that support your argument. When someone brings something up that conflicts with what you say, you completely disregard it.

Doogolas
02-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Nothing. Just pointing out the fact that you use only the information and statistics that support your argument. When someone brings something up that conflicts with what you say, you completely disregard it.

No offense, but who uses information and stats that don't support their argument?

kjoke
02-04-2011, 11:04 PM
i cant believe people still going at this i gave up a long time ago

drose/bulls fans will say rose is mvp

others/miami fans say lebron is or ect

this will NEVER change no matter how many facts and stats people give, everyoe here is homers and that will never change, its a dead arugment let it go people until the end of the season

bovice163
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
No offense, but who uses information and stats that don't support their argument?

My point was that when someone brings something up that makes sense that doesn't have LeBron as the MVP, and Rose instead, it's completely wrong and he brings up baseless facts or statistics that hold very little value on whether or not a player can be an MVP.

Doogolas
02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Well no "fact" or "stat" is baseless. If it's a fact it clearly has a base. And if it's a stat, it also has a base. Even a made up stat has a base, however you come up with it, that'd be the base.

bovice163
02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
i cant believe people still going at this i gave up a long time ago

drose/bulls fans will say rose is mvp

others/miami fans say lebron is or ect

this will NEVER change no matter how many facts and stats people give, everyoe here is homers and that will never change, its a dead arugment let it go people until the end of the season

Thank you. Honestly after LeBron's 51 point game, I give the edge to him at this point. But that doesn't mean DRose won't take that spot over sometime soon. :)

Doogolas
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Also, to the other person, no, not all fans of teams other than the Bulls believe that Rose is not the MVP. There are plenty of fans from other teams that think he's the MVP. It's still debatable, but generalizing like that is a terrible thing to do. Hell, I know of Bulls fans who DON'T think Rose is MVP as well.

bovice163
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Well no "fact" or "stat" is baseless. If it's a fact it clearly has a base. And if it's a stat, it also has a base. Even a made up stat has a base, however you come up with it, that'd be the base.

Yes, but claiming a player cannot become an MVP SOLELY because of PER or a similar efficiency stat is wrong, and uses it improperly. There are many variables to winning the award, and when someone uses a stat as their only argument, that's when it becomes baseless.

Doogolas
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Sure, but it's still not baseless. It is his opinion that PER is a large determining factor in MVP voting and one of the reasons he believe it should go to LeBron. Instead of just telling him he's stupid and calling his opinion a bunch of "baseless facts and stats that only support your opinion" explain why you disagree and have discourse.

Just calling what he says baseless is hypocritical and is exactly what you're accusing him of doing.

If you feel you've done that and are just going in circles, then stop arguing and agree to disagree.

bovice163
02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Sure, but it's still not baseless. It is his opinion that PER is a large determining factor in MVP voting and one of the reasons he believe it should go to LeBron. Instead of just telling him he's stupid and calling his opinion a bunch of "baseless facts and stats that only support your opinion" explain why you disagree and have discourse.

Just calling what he says baseless is hypocritical and is exactly what you're accusing him of doing.

If you feel you've done that and are just going in circles, then stop arguing and agree to disagree.

Fair enough, I've done my fair share of explaining.

zo#33
02-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Rose: 15 votes, 13 from bulls fans

Raph12
02-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Lebron has to be the winner atm, with Dwight and CP3 right there with him and Rose, Wade, Kobe and Dirk on the outside looking in...

DaBear
02-05-2011, 03:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=106365

It's just Bulls fans alright...

DaBear
02-05-2011, 03:23 AM
*crickets*

ragee
02-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Dirk... You saw how the Mavs were when he was gone and when he wasn't 100%... They were getting beat by non-contending teams... You also saw how the Mavs were before he got injured and the last couple of games... They were beating elite teams even in the road... Now, that is your MVP...

sargon21
02-05-2011, 04:05 AM

That is literally only an opinion. It doesn't matter what you say. When the Bulls have the same record as the Heat despite missing Noah/Boozer for the entire season thus far, that automatically makes them just as much of a contender as the Heat. End of discussion.

Also, on a side note, I don't think the Bulls or Heat will beat the Celtics in the playoffs, as of now.

sargon21
02-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Yep, no doubt the Bulls are playoff contenders while the Heat are championship contenders the only team in the east as of now standing in their way is Boston

Same response to Tredigs' post.

sargon21
02-05-2011, 04:06 AM

ellesmeire
02-05-2011, 04:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=106365

when was this? if it was recent you cant debate that, thats some damn lot of bull fans in every single frickin state

PrestigeWldWde
02-05-2011, 04:52 AM
That's a completely moot point.

It wasn't a moot point considering the conversation that was going on.

PrestigeWldWde
02-05-2011, 05:03 AM

That's all the guy does. Why do you think he has so many posts? If you had to look at someone's posts and guess who most likely has multiple personalities, Minimal would be right at the top of the list.

Raph12
02-05-2011, 05:15 AM
To be honest - in the modern era, outside of Jordan, its likely that only The Bron could do that. And what makes it that much more impressive is the fact that it was done to a top 5 defensive team... on National TV... in their house. This isnt the Raptors were talking about here... ; ]

It kind of is, although LBJ had a fantastic night and would've destroyed anyone put in front of him; fact is, the Magic is a team full of below avg to avg defenders with Dwight in the middle... Dwight spent most of his night doubling Bosh, Wade and at times Lebron, their defense is mediocre at best, it's only Dwight making it Top 5. If they could just play 1v1, he could spend the night doing what he's supposed to, protecting the paint, instead of double-teaming.

On a side note: don't see how Lebron isn't #1 on everyone's MVP list atm... I guess the saying "haters gon hate" is applicable.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 05:29 AM
when was this? if it was recent you cant debate that, thats some damn lot of bull fans in every single frickin state

it's not surprising while the same site has Rose #1 for more than a month or so,
Rose should be considered but he's leading by that much just because the media put him in that spot. there is no clear MVP at this point

ChiSox219
02-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Durant's beginning to separate himself from the league at this point. His play of late is better than anyone all year imo. If the Thunder can manage a top 3 seed in the west, and he continues a pace even similar to the last couple weeks, that's my best guess.

this

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM

it was the other day I believe that poll came out.

nitric
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Looks like 90% of the US are Bulls homers

when will the haters give it up, I'm actually glad Rose has so many haters. It's a sign of greatness :D

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM

yeah I guess bulls fans live everywhere, lol

Minimal
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM

When was that? 2 months ago when Amare was rocking and Miami struggled?

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:53 PM

no, the poll was made a couple days ago, I know cause I voted on it.

nitric
02-05-2011, 12:54 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/

its up now. nice try though

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 12:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/

its up now. nice try though

I guess haters be hatin

footballer2369
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
The masses are sheeple.

Minimal
02-05-2011, 01:05 PM
no, the poll was made a couple days ago, I know cause I voted on it.
Well judging that Amare has 20% of votes, I would say that this poll wasn't made a couple of days ago. More like a couple of months ago. Because Amare is not even in top 10 ESPN MVP Race right now as I know.

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Well judging that Amare has 20% of votes, I would say that this poll wasn't made a couple of days ago. More like a couple of months ago. Because Amare is not even in top 10 ESPN MVP Race right now as I know.

no, trust me, it was made a couple days ago and if it was made a couple months ago it wouldn't still be on the nba section of ESPN. its not hard to believe that people took the homer route and voted amare, there are a lot of knick fans as well. but sorry, most of americans and the world agrees derrick rose is number 1 as well.

Southsideheat
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
FACT: The only people that hate on D Rose are people on this site because Bulls fans won't shut up about Rose on this site. Why can't we all agree on this and move on.

footballer2369
02-05-2011, 01:13 PM
FACT: The only people that hate on D Rose are people on this site because Bulls fans won't shut up about Rose on this site. Why can't we all agree on this and move on.

You're probably right.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
There is no Kobe on the poll, I guess, no Kobe fan is gonna vote for Lebron

Cano4prez
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Lebron

Minimal
02-05-2011, 01:38 PM
There is no Kobe on the poll, I guess, no Kobe fan is gonna vote for Lebron
Also true. If they can't vote for Kobe, they will vote against LeBron and pick up Rose and that can be said about a lot of other player fans.

D Roses Bulls
02-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Also true. If they can't vote for Kobe, they will vote against LeBron and pick up Rose and that can be said about a lot of other player fans.

lol...... dude stop with the excuses......

haters gonna hate

nitric
02-05-2011, 01:43 PM

:laugh: to think you couldn't steep any lower

Minimal
02-05-2011, 01:49 PM
lol...... dude stop with the excuses......

haters gonna hate
This is not excuse, that's a fact. I don't care where LeBron is on that poll. I know he will be the one who will be holding the MVP Trophy in Spring, that's all I care.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
:laugh: to think you couldn't steep any lower

Please, post 10 points/facts why Rose should be #1 in the MVP list.

bovice163
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
This is not excuse, that's a fact. I don't care where LeBron is on that poll. I know he will be the one who will be holding the MVP Trophy in Spring, that's all I care.

:pity:

nitric
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Please, post 10 points/facts why Rose should be #1 in the MVP list.

How buot you just check the race to the MVP at NBA.com and ESPN.com for the past 6-7 weeks

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
How buot you just check the race to the MVP at NBA.com and ESPN.com for the past 6-7 weeks

How about you making a legit point to start with? :eyebrow:

The easiest way is to run away. :clap:

And yes, I believe everything that MEDIA says, they are always so right! :facepalm:

bovice163
02-05-2011, 02:09 PM

And yes, I believe everything that MEDIA says, they are always so right! :facepalm:

Grace us with your basketball knowledge oh great one. Who should be MVP, and 10 points on why they should be MVP. :rolleyes:

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Grace us with your basketball knowledge oh great one. Who should be MVP, and 10 points on why they should be MVP. :rolleyes:

Oh, you are taking the easiest way? huh?
Being unable to prove your points so sarcastically asking me? :clap:

nitric
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM

FYI the media votes for the MVP.

bovice163
02-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, you are taking the easiest way? huh?
Being unable to prove your points so sarcastically asking me? :clap:

Stop being such a hypocrite, you didn't answer the question. I've posted my points time and time again, and people continually disregard them. And now people like you use media credibility as a scapegoat, unless it helps you prove your point.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Stop being such a hypocrite, you didn't answer the question. I've posted my points time and time again, and people continually disregard them. And now people like you use media credibility as a scapegoat, unless it helps you prove your point.

You can't take seriously what NBA site gives because those MVP ratings are mainly based on one man's believes, the same as yours, or mine.

By the way I'm not going to answer questions when the ones I give aren't going to be answered. I will check what have you actually written - I hope I will be able to give you a credit as you say you are worth...

bovice163
02-05-2011, 02:46 PM
You can't take seriously what NBA site gives because those MVP ratings are mainly based on one man's believes, the same as yours, or mine.

By the way I'm not going to answer questions when the ones I give aren't going to be answered. I will check what have you actually written - I hope I will be able to give you a credit as you say you are worth...

By all means, go ahead and look.And you can take those sites seriously, and you know why? Because at the end of the season, the MEDIA votes for who they think is MVP. Not coaches, not fans, not anyone else. It is the writers who have proven through years of credibility, that they can in fact come up with an MVP candidate, with an unbiased approach.

J-Relo
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM
FYI the media votes for the MVP.

Yes, that's a point showing why he might win.

But I ask for a point why is he worth it.

I may help you on few:
1. He is posting great stats. Not the best in the league, but one of the best.
2. He improved a lot over the past few years.
3. He has lead Bulls to a great record even without important pieces at some points.
4. His defense is quite good. Thanks for the team defense too.
5. He proved he is not only a scorer. His assists at ~8 is great thing to have.
6. His shooting improved a lot, doesn't rely only on the athleticism.
7. He plays his heart out.
8. He does whatever to take his team to a win.
9. He plays even when he is injured or feeling bad.
10. He is an ALL-STAR.

^ I guess only few can be taken as a decent argument, but as you are a Bulls fan you could do better, couldn't you?..

Afridi786
02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Lebron isn't going to win it this year, the writers pick it, and I don't think they're too fond of him, that and they don't like giving it to a guy 3 years in a row. I think it's a race between Durant & Rose, with Durant slightly ahead because he was in the MVP conversation last year as well.

nitric
02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes, that's a point showing why he might win.

But I ask for a point why is he worth it.

I may help you on few:
1. He is posting great stats. Not the best in the league, but one of the best.
2. He improved a lot over the past few years.
3. He has lead Bulls to a great record even without important pieces at some points.
4. His defense is quite good. Thanks for the team defense too.
5. He proved he is not only a scorer. His assists at ~8 is great thing to have.
6. His shooting improved a lot, doesn't rely only on the athleticism.
7. He plays his heart out.
8. He does whatever to take his team to a win.
9. He plays even when he is injured or feeling bad.
10. He is an ALL-STAR.

^ I guess only few can be taken as a decent argument, but as you are a Bulls fan you could do better, couldn't you?..

Doogolas
02-05-2011, 03:48 PM
11. Rose is the only All-Star on a team with the fourth best record in the NBA and a team that is 24-6 in their last 30 games.