PDA

View Full Version : How much do D league players make

Lakeshow86
02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I think lots of guys spend their entire careers in the d league. I wonder how much they make? I imagine its probably about 35,000?

DLeeicious
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+do+nba+d+league+players+make%3F

chicago lulz
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
damn, so do they have part-time jobs or something?

J-Relo
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Yep, the salaries are surprisingly quite low... 1-2k $ per month?...

Lakeshow86
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
damn, so do they have part-time jobs or something?

I dont see how they could considering they are traveling. Damn I had no idea it was that low. first year privates in the army have a better gig than that. They should really go on strike for better wage than that. If you know you are never going to make it in the NBA I would look for another job.

DLeeicious
02-03-2011, 03:28 PM
They all have dreams of the NBA and it's worth battling low pay for that chance. On top of that they have PLENTY of opportunities for side income by teaching summer camps or private lessons or speaking at schools etc. My brother is in and out of the MLS and USL right now making nothing but he is able to earn money outside the leagues in the meantime.

cargobox
02-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Sundiata Gaines

Sadds The Gr8
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+do+nba+d+league+players+make%3F

woah wtf? how u do that?

DLeeicious
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
lmgtfy.com

Atticus Finch
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I dont see how they could considering they are traveling. Damn I had no idea it was that low. first year privates in the army have a better gig than that. They should really go on strike for better wage than that. If you know you are never going to make it in the NBA I would look for another job.

1-2k per month is probably about what they deserve when you consider they really only work 3-4 hours a day, and that's not even for an entire year. Factor in the average attendance for a d-league game is around 3000, with significantly cheaper tickets than a regular NBA game. It's the same case with the WNBA; if people aren't paying to watch them play then they shouldn't be making more money. If the d-league went on strike I'd bet they would fold the league before giving in to players demands

Savage Sunday
02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
You guys are wrong. D-League salaries average around $35K-$40K now. Those previous salary numbers were taken from when the D-League was first starting out.

Its been proven to be the best route to the NBA with 1/5 current NBA players having played in the D-League at some point. It also gives you exposure for European teams that offer $100K+ contracts as well as covering your expenses.

John Walls Era
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
woah wtf? how u do that?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+use+LMGTFY

:)

Shahrose
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
You guys are wrong. D-League salaries average around $35K-$40K now. Those previous salary numbers were taken from when the D-League was first starting out.

Its been proven to be the best route to the NBA with 1/5 current NBA players having played in the D-League at some point. It also gives you exposure for European teams that offer $100K+ contracts as well as covering your expenses.

No way is that true

thekmp211
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
google

Rockets4Life
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
They make around 25k. My fiance used to work for the Austin Toros and now she writes for Torosnation.com and also ProjectSpurs.com so she knows the players really well.

Here is a video made by one of the players of what's its like in the life of a Dleaguer. Pretty cool video if you ever wanted to know how there days go.

http://www.torosnation.com/2011/01/137/

Shahrose
02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
They make around 25k. My fiance used to work for the Austin Toros and now she writes for Torosnation.com and also ProjectSpurs.com so she knows the players really well.

Here is a video made by one of the players of what's its like in the life of a Dleaguer. Pretty cool video if you ever wanted to know how there days go.

http://www.torosnation.com/2011/01/137/

I dont think 25k is too bad
They live the good life and get paid to play basketball

Its the current NBA players that are overpaid

Rockets4Life
02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
No way is that true

It is true. If you look up Nba Development league on wiki it says...

At the conclusion of the 2008-09 NBA season, 20 percent of NBA players had spent time in the NBA D-League.

Pretty crazy but I think the D-league is a really great thing for the nba. Most nba fans have proably never watched or even follow the there own teams d-league team.

Savage Sunday
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
It is true. If you look up Nba Development league on wiki it says...

At the conclusion of the 2008-09 NBA season, 20 percent of NBA players had spent time in the NBA D-League.

Pretty crazy but I think the D-league is a really great thing for the nba. Most nba fans have proably never watched or even follow the there own teams d-league team.

Exactly.

It also has helped cut down on "Draft busts" lately considering it gives those raw 1st round picks the ability to develop with playing time as well as giving 2nd round picks the opportunity to play.

Considering the D-League has only been allocating players to NBA teams for a few seasons now, that is impressive. It still is a minor league, but its the NBA's official minor league. The stars in college who just couldnt crack a NBA roster are now going to the D-League. The only problem is that they have to waive players due to injury.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
yeah I remember seeing a documentary on some player a while back and I think he was getting like 20K. Not too shabby to play b-ball but at the same time their accomodations as far as travel and the whole nine are no where near NBA level so its not exactly like their living a glamorous life.

But if you really have game you should be able to go to the D league and really kill. Only thing is the guys that have had anytime in the league whatsoever (even as bench riders) seem to get the benefit of the doubt as far as major pt. So if your a total unknown (walk on,etc...) you really have to play out of your mind to get that attention......

thekmp211
02-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I dont think 25k is too bad
They live the good life and get paid to play basketball

Its the current NBA players that are overpaid

? the lifestyle translates just as much as the money does. 25k is chump change, especially when compared to the pros.

its definitely not the worst, but these guys are not living in any sort of luxury.

blahblahyoutoo
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
? the lifestyle translates just as much as the money does. 25k is chump change, especially when compared to the pros.

its definitely not the worst, but these guys are not living in any sort of luxury.

$25k for playing ball is more than any other job they'd be qualified to do.

they don't have to pay room/board/meals I assume?

blastmasta26
02-03-2011, 09:12 PM

How can you make a general assumption like that?

heatking
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM

:facepalm: