PDA

View Full Version : Fernandez Now Interested In Long-Term Extension With Blazers

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 10:24 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/03/rudy-fernandez-wants-to-stay-in-portland-andre-miller-thinks-he/

Rudy Fernandez has reversed the position he held during the summer where he hoped to be traded by Portland to now hoping to sign a long-term contract.

Fernandez likes how he is being utilized by Nate McMillan and is no longer feeling homesick.

"Because I have more confidence,'' Fernandez said of why his trade demand has been rescinded. "I'm happy when I'm on the court and I play free and I play like when I played in Spain. This is a big chance for me. I'm going to stay happy.''

Fernandez was asked whether he might consider playing in Spain next season if there is a lockout.

"It's a possibility if the lockout is a big lockout. It's longer,'' Fernandez said. "But I have a contract (with Portland). I don't like to play one month and come back to the USA.''

OT Thriller
02-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Dont care too much about Fernanez. I kinda feel bad for Andre Miller though. Great passer hope he gets traded so that he revitalizes his career and reputation. If the Lakers could somehow get him, that would be a perfect match.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Nah...no need to sign him, he sucks

Mile High Champ
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Its amazing what a little playing time and an injury to the star guard in front of you can do for your attitude. This really does not surprise me considering Roy is probably done as a 30 minutes a night starter. Rudy now sees his long term chances as a starter in this league.

superkegger
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
So Brandon Roy has double knee surgery and all of the sudden you want to stay? Never saw that coming.

Antipod
02-03-2011, 01:49 PM
What a b***...Now that Roy is out, suddenly he wants to stay and "loves" Portland...****

JOSKOMANG4
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
The cavs currently seek a star.. would they consider a jamison and 2nd rd pick to blazers for B.Roy.

Blazers bolster front court and open playing time for both matthews and fernandez while the cavs, "wishful thinking" hope roy can bounce back from njury and be that big addition the cavs hope for

chicago lulz
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
So Brandon Roy has double knee surgery and all of the sudden you want to stay? Never saw that coming.

ha, what I was thinking

29$JerZ
02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
What a b***...Now that Roy is out, suddenly he wants to stay and "loves" Portland...****

I think everyone knows this, I wonder what type of extension he''d get. They still have Matthews

ugafan
02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Makes sense though. He's getting more PT.