PDA

View Full Version : Is Chris Paul.......?

BallinGid3
02-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I was just watching the hornets/thunder game and i came to the conclusion that Chris Paul may be the most non -aggressive superstar in the nba SCORING wise. I know pg's are suppose to pass and all that. But his team needs his scoring i think. So i just wanted to get your guys opinion on this.

Evolution23
02-03-2011, 01:12 AM
hes the best pg in the NBA and is great leader. He impacts the game with or without scoring. He looks to make his teamates better before himself. To me, I couldn't ask anything more from my PG.

Sadds The Gr8
02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I noticed this too. I think he should be more aggressive when it's clutch time. They give David West so much touches...Paul needs to score more IMO.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2011, 01:18 AM
is the best PG in the league.

He has by far the biggest impact on his team over any of the other PGs.

Mauer.400
02-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Chris Paul is a mold of the pass first, score second pg, he shows the ability to score when there are no available passes. You can't tell Chris to score its just not what he has been asked to do his whole life. Why would you want to put a superstar in an uncomfortable situation? That would only lead either a regression in his overall skill, or kill the team.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Paul is the best PG in the game, but everyone has their faults. I wish Chris would be more aggressive scoring wise at times, but he still produces numbers that are the definition of great PG

Chi StateOfMind
02-03-2011, 01:20 AM
i still think deron williams is the best but paul does have a crappy supporting cast so i can see why but he needs to TAKE OVER sometimes

Giraffes Rule
02-03-2011, 01:21 AM
He's has an ankle injury right now, that could explain any lack of aggresive...ness right now. In the past he's never been afraid to take it to the basket when his team needs it.

BallIsAll
02-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I remember when the nuggets beat the hornets in the playoffs. that was an aggressive paul, although they lost he was attacking the basket. hes not like he used to be no matter what anyone says. I hope he can return to his old self..

210Don
02-03-2011, 01:46 AM
steve nash isnt very aggressive and he was the best point guard for a few years.

knicks4life33
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
deron william is the best

Hellcrooner
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
I prefer Deron.

But Paul still is exactly doing what a star pg has to do.
Score nicely and try to look to get the best pass always before shooting thus making their teamates look better and helping the TEAM to win.

People has just lost sight on how the game is suppposed to be played because all the ballhog Mj wanabees that have been considered stars lately ( Magic, or Bird even if the second was not a pg , KNEW how important was to have everyone involved and bout not needing to be the hero 24/7 or take all the shots in the last 5 minutes).

believeinNYK
02-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Sometimes he just needs to take over offensively in crunch time for his team, other than that he is arguably top pg in the league

beasted86
02-03-2011, 01:53 AM
steve nash isnt very aggressive and he was the best point guard for a few years.

+1

Paul needs more offensive options. David West is good, but other than that all they have is an inconsistent group of off guards & wings who all shoot 41% or less (Bellinelli, Ariza, Thornton, Jack).

Chris Paul is doing all the right things to help the team win. Management needs to get him some more help.

Mudvayne91
02-03-2011, 02:10 AM
I remember when the nuggets beat the hornets in the playoffs. that was an aggressive paul, although they lost he was attacking the basket. hes not like he used to be no matter what anyone says. I hope he can return to his old self..

That series was the first time I saw him flop. He flopped quite a bit, I lost a lot of respect for him.

I agree with the guy that said D Will, but I wouldn't put too much of an argument with Paul.

bctgg27
02-03-2011, 02:18 AM
I believe he has some type of injury that he is still recovering from, which is the reason for why he has not been so aggressive in trying to score.

BallinGid3
02-03-2011, 02:25 AM
I see you guys are split on this. Sometimes it just wow he can score so easily but he chooses not 2 which is good if hes team hot. But in crunch time he needs 2 try 2 score more imo.

Bookey
02-03-2011, 02:31 AM
I noticed this too. I think he should be more aggressive when it's clutch time. They give David West so much touches...Paul needs to score more IMO.

:facepalm: get your tongue outta Rose's *** kid...

What does Gasol have to do with CP3 being the best pg in the league?:confused:

Bookey
02-03-2011, 02:34 AM

Steve Nash was never the best in my opinion, plus he played with Amare, Joe Johnson & Shawn Marion at the same time, If you give CP3, Deron Williams or D.Rose that kind or talent,so many championships would be won.:clap:

Chronz
02-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Hes lost some of his explosion in attacking defenses from side PnR thats for sure sad because the Hornets desperately need some scoring.

dodie53
02-03-2011, 04:23 AM
imo,
deron > paul
for the best PG in the nba today

sunsfan88
02-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Steve Nash was never the best in my opinion, plus he played with Amare, Joe Johnson & Shawn Marion at the same time, If you give CP3, Deron Williams or D.Rose that kind or talent,so many championships would be won.:clap:
Amare & Johnson were not nearly as good as they are today when all 3 of them played together.

And please, Marion with MIA, TOR & DAL hasnt played close to as well as he did with Nash.

Bookey
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Amare & Johnson were not nearly as good as they are today when all 3 of them played together.

And please, Marion with MIA, TOR & DAL hasnt played close to as well as he did with Nash.

Amare was basically Blake Griffin before Blake Griffin, Shawn Marion was the man until he got hurt, Joe Johnson was an All-Star caliber player. Like I said if you give that type of talent to Rose, Paul & Williams, Rondo already has that type of talent & look what he did and is doing. They would win several rings.:clap:

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
is the best PG in the league.

He has by far the biggest impact on his team over any of the other PGs.

agree 100%

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Hes lost some of his explosion in attacking defenses from side PnR thats for sure sad because the Hornets desperately need some scoring.

do you agree he is still the best PG in the NBA? I think he is, but the gap has gotten smaller since his 05-08' years.

Avenged
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
do you agree he is still the best PG in the NBA? I think he is, but the gap has gotten smaller since his 05-08' years.

He definitely is..

Unless you think Rose has that spot now? :speechless:

THE MTL
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Chris Paul is the best PG in the league. So efficient. His number arent as gaudy as they usually are but he is taking 5 less shots per game.

I think he is scoring less this year, because of that injury. However, his team is doing well so whatever he is doing must be working.

Considering the superstars in this league are: Howard-Paul-Kobe-Wade-Durant-Lebron, I guess u can say he is the least aggressive scoring wise.....

nolafan33
02-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Chris has been dealing with a knee injury all season, notice the bulky brace below. Now he has a ankle injury, he injured it vs OKC a few nights ago, and then injured it even more last night. He even has a slight elbow injury, that's why he wears the sleeve with the pad. It's also well known to Hornets fans that at some point he'll need microfracture surgery and that could really put a damper on his career, wait and see.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/a5/fullj.b2ff54f468823573ed554c043ff5945e/ap-f947d87bdfa845a6beb5910145714ca2.jpg

^^^His injury last night and you can see the big brace and elbow pad.

notoriouzzzz
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I prefer Deron.

But Paul still is exactly doing what a star pg has to do.
Score nicely and try to look to get the best pass always before shooting thus making their teamates look better and helping the TEAM to win.

People has just lost sight on how the game is suppposed to be played because all the ballhog Mj wanabees that have been considered stars lately ( Magic, or Bird even if the second was not a pg , KNEW how important was to have everyone involved and bout not needing to be the hero 24/7 or take all the shots in the last 5 minutes).
It's easier for Magic and Bird to pass off the ball and not take it upon themselves the last 5 minutes of the game when 2 to 4 other players on their team are in the hall of fame right now and on the 50 greatest NBA player list. You think James or Wade will worry about who takes over the last 5mins of games in the next 2 or 3 years. On the Lakers.. is Pau going to take over the game, bynum, fisher.. none of em are willing to take that on themselves or accept that challenge.