PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on Magic and West's criticisms: "People that criticize, they can kiss my ###!

ko8e24
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6084434

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- For a team defending its third straight title, it's recently been open season on the Los Angeles Lakers. Former player and general manager Jerry West recently told an audience at a car dealership luncheon he felt the Lakers were getting "long in the tooth" and expressed doubt about their ability to be good for much longer.

"If there's a loose ball now, how often do they get to it? The reason you can't play defense is because you can't," West said.

After back-to-back losses at home, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said he'd be open to making a trade, and Magic Johnson seconded both opinions while attending a news conference to announce the naming rights for Farmers Field, the potential downtown football stadium near L.A. Live.

"I think we have to [consider a trade]," Johnson said. "We have to do something. The Lakers are not responding and two things showed me that -- the Miami Heat Christmas game and then the Boston Celtics game [on Sunday]. When you don't get up for your two biggest games during the season and you have flat performances, then you have to start looking at trade possibilities to improve the team and bring some energy to the team and bring some new life to the team."

If these comments were meant to fire up the Lakers, everyone will have to work harder.

"Don't know, don't care," Kobe Bryant said when asked if the team was being criticized too harshly. "People that criticize, they can all kiss my ***. I don't give a s---. I really don't. I keep the train moving. We're gonna keep on moving and in June, they'll say nothing."

"For now, it's good talk."

Or even crazy talk, if you ask fellow five-time champion Derek Fisher. Even while recognizing the need to improve, the guard called for perspective.

"It's borderline ungrateful, in a sense, the way -- not just you guys [in the media], but even ourselves -- to be one of the top three or four teams in the league in terms of best record, and to be second in the Western Conference behind only a team that has played the best of any team in recent memory through 47 games and still kind of feel like we're failures in a sense," Fisher said. "It says a lot about what we want to accomplish.

"No fingers being pointed -- most of it is how we feel about ourselves. Whether it's management, coaches, or players. We don't feel like we're playing at our best level. At the same time, I'm not of the theory that the kitchen sink needs to go in order to get things worked out."

BrahCake954
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
who gives a ****, clearly hes mad

thye wont get past mavs or spurs so he need to just stfu

Sadds The Gr8
02-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Lakers forum?

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 08:50 PM
he has no respect for the game we'll see what happens this June Kobe probably another 6-24 performance in the clutch

ko8e24
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
he has no respect for the game we'll see what happens this June Kobe probably another 6-24 performance in the clutch

to go along with 15 rebounds.

Rebounds: Lakers 53, Celtics 40

Lakers 83, Celtics 79.

And how does he not have respect for the game. The guy himself has earned the right to say stuff about his "own team" and disregards the opinions of those looking from the outside in. Magic sold his share of ownership (and also said that the world was crashing down b/c the Lakers got blown out at home to the Cavs on Christmas day 2009, so in that terms, he has no credibility), and Jerry West is not part of the Laker's front office since 2000 (and plz don't give me that Memphis-ChrisWallace-Pau Gasol under the table deal BS). He went as far as to say that LeBron surpassed Kobe as a player, but while Lebron the was the league MVP the last 2 yrs, Kobe was the Finals MVP the last 2 yrs (and will again be Finals MVP this yr, for the 3rd consective yr, en route to a 3-PEAT!)

ATX
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, if anyone is to say that, Kobe has the most right to. He knows June is what counts. I think the Lakers are having some issues though, and they need to handle the Artest situation one way or the other so that he doesn't become a distraction.

what54!?
02-02-2011, 09:02 PM
meh. he's right. But you got that ticket stamped to June a little to soon kobe

Rndy
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Lakers 83, Celtics 79.

And how does he not have respect for the game. The guy himself has earned the right to say stuff about his "own team" and disregards the opinions of those looking from the outside in. Magic sold his share of ownership (and also said that the world was crashing down b/c the Lakers got blown out at home to the Cavs on Christmas day 2009, so in that terms, he has no credibility), and Jerry West is not part of the Laker's front office since 2000 (and plz don't give me that Memphis-ChrisWallace-Pau Gasol under the table deal BS). He went as far as to say that LeBron surpassed Kobe as a player, but while Lebron the was the league MVP the last 2 yrs, Kobe was the Finals MVP the last 2 yrs (and will again be Finals MVP this yr, for the 3rd consective yr, en route to a 3-PEAT!)

Phils last year will be losing to the Bulls. :) perfect way for him to go out.

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Sig bet? Especially LOL at the Mavs part

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Lakers 83, Celtics 79.

Hmmmmmmm the Lakers had 13 more rebounds then the Celtics, and Kobe had 15...Hmmmmmm huge impact on that game i'd say. Regardless of his poor shooting his clutch play in the 4th, fgs made, assists and rebounds=Huge impact on game

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
i like it, very confident, thats good kobe

thekmp211
standard kobe, i actually like this about him. and you know he puts his money where his mouth is in terms of effort.

BrahCake954
Sig bet? Especially LOL at the Mavs part

i love kobme fans, theyre too funny

lvlheaded
Listen, I hate Kobe as much as the next guy, but the man is right. His team has walked away champions the last two years and until someone knocks them off, everyone needs to keep quiet.

TheHoopsProphet
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
colby has taken this me-against-the-world shtick too far!!! but I will follow him to Hell if I have to!

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
i love kobme fans, theyre too funny

Funny or confident? My bad I grew up a Lakers fan, you're the one whos too scared for the sig bet

kblo247
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Kobe never said that directly about Magic or Jerry West by name, he directed it at all the media critics who were questioning if he or the team still had it thus year and those who will jump back on the bandwagon. Mason and Ireland discussed it earlier. How you are presenting it is wrong.

shep33
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
standard kobe, i actually like this about him. and you know he puts his money where his mouth is in terms of effort.

I agree, how can people not like this about him? He backs up his talk all the time, and why should he care about critics. Let's put it this way, he can quit right now and go out as one of the greatest players of all-time, the guy has earned his stripes no doubt about that. Honestly, this is what Jerry West and Magic love about him, I don't think they're mad at all, I think they love to see this from him, because lets be real they would've said the same thing back in the day.

BrahCake954
02-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I agree, how can people not like this about him? He backs up his talk all the time, and why should he care about critics. Let's put it this way, he can quit right now and go out as one of the greatest players of all-time, the guy has earned his stripes no doubt about that. Honestly, this is what Jerry West and Magic love about him, I don't think they're mad at all, I think they love to see this from him, because lets be real they would've said the same thing back in the day.

but if lebron says this there would be another 12 trillion page thread bashing him.. but this is just kobe being kobe? LMAO

redsox0717
02-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes...tell two Laker legends to kiss your ***...just shut up you ****ing ball hog and maybe you'll start winning if you start getting your teammates involved and not trying to win it by yourself.

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes...tell two Laker legends to kiss your ***...just shut up you ****ing ball hog and maybe you'll start winning if you start getting your teammates involved and not trying to win it by yourself.

Start winning?? I'm confused, when did he stop winning? As a Boston fan you should know that regular season losses as frustrating as they are mean squat, considering your team had a poor regular season last year yet you guys made it to the Finals. Now please eat your words

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Kobe never said that directly about Magic or Jerry West by name, he directed it at all the media critics who were questioning if he or the team still had it thus year and those who will jump back on the bandwagon. Mason and Ireland discussed it earlier. How you are presenting it is wrong.

Hey Boston fan I was just talking to, read this.

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Mj was 5/19 with 23 points in game 6 in 1996 finals and won...
everybody has bad games sometimes

thekmp211
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM

yup. im pretty sure all three guys have already forgotten about this entire thing.

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:20 PM

Good find, just about the same %

ATX
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
but if lebron says this there would be another 12 trillion page thread bashing him.. but this is just kobe being kobe? LMAO

Good point. This is true, but until James wins a ring, it will continue.

PLAYERS FAN
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM

A Iverson fan is not allow to take about FG%:facepalm:

shizzle09
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
"Don't know, don't care," Kobe Bryant said when asked if the team was being criticized too harshly. "People that criticize, they can all kiss my ***. I don't give a s---. I really don't. I keep the train moving. We're gonna keep on moving and in June, they'll say nothing."

This is why I love Kobe. Hate the lakers but have mad respect for Kobe. No matter the situation he's always confident.

Kobes a Killer
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM

This is why I love Kobe. Hate the lakers but have mad respect for Kobe. No matter the situation he's always confident.

I like unbias posters, no matter how much you hate someone, there's nothing wrong with showing them respect, if they deserve it of course

tdunk21
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
:sleep:....kobe being kobe....nothing new...

Lakers4ItAll
02-02-2011, 09:29 PM

Lakers 83, Celtics 79.

Yep :clap:

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
A Iverson fan is not allow to take about FG%:facepalm:

:laugh2::laugh2:lol

AlvaROD
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Who cares about the, he say's she say's ********....honestly

AIRMAR72
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
everybody has bad games sometimesi wish you guys STOP comparing tobe (kobe) with JORDAN there not the same ballers when tobe (kobe) mis a shot it looks awful when jordan mis it look spectacular

GspLAL
02-02-2011, 10:05 PM

yeah cuz Lebron is just racking up the rings to earn the right to be cocky right?

Cubs Win
02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
yeah cuz Lebron is just racking up the rings to earn the right to be cocky right?

You didn't hear LeBron? They aren't just gonna stop after winning 6 or even 7 championships. LeBron has every right to be cocky! :p

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM

don't compare Kobe to MJ he's way better than that ballhog on the Lakers and always will be

YayArea
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Listen, I hate Kobe as much as the next guy, but the man is right. His team has walked away champions the last two years and until someone knocks them off, everyone needs to keep quiet.

This

xxcubs22xx
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
...wow

Kobe is definitely right here. They are the defending champs...You can criticize them all you want and look at the age of their players, but that doesn't matter. They are the defending champs and that's that, they are the team to beat.

Avenged
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
A lot of you get mad when KG does something, Lebron, Shaq, Kobe etc..

Many complain about the NBA going soft and not being as physical as before, I don't understand those complaints when you guys get all offended over what a player says back when his team is being criticized.

Hellcrooner
02-02-2011, 11:10 PM

he can go 0 from 24 if the result of the 7th game of the finals is the same.:D

lakers4sho
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
i wish you guys STOP comparing tobe (kobe) with JORDAN there not the same ballers when tobe (kobe) mis a shot it looks awful when jordan mis it look spectacular

wtf does this even mean?

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
don't compare Kobe to MJ he's way better than that ballhog on the Lakers and always will be

ballhog?, this coming from an a iverson fan:facepalm:

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
ballhog?, this coming from an a iverson fan:facepalm:

who has more assists than Kobe and yes BALLHOG

AIRMAR72
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
take it easy laker man im just saying jordan is jordan tobe (in jesse jackson voice) is kobe with all seriousness kobe shouldve address the media in a poltical fashion but ervin and jerry are right there is NO EXCUSE for da lakers to lose those statement games

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM

iverson was a point gaurd:facepalm:

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
iverson was a point gaurd:facepalm:

shooting guard ..eric snow was the point :D

still1ballin
02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
i wish you guys STOP comparing tobe (kobe) with JORDAN there not the same ballers when tobe (kobe) mis a shot it looks awful when jordan mis it look spectacular

lmfao!

Hellcrooner

both ARE ballhogs.

The difference is Kobe has talent and its more efficient at it.

knightstemplar
In 2001-02 season, A. Iverson averaged 27.8 shot attempts per game while shooting 39.8%...thats a ballhog and bad shooting

KobeOwnSU
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Kobe and the Lakers have earned the right to say whatever the **** they want.

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
allen iverson was the least efficent ballhog of all time

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
In 2001-02 season, A. Iverson averaged 27.8 shot attempts per game while shooting 39.8%...thats a ballhog and bad shooting

and has more assists than Kobe who played with Shaq and Gasol and still refuses to pass :), nice try trying to change the subject though

Halopower31
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Lakers are just going to trade Artest and Bynum for Melo and win the Championship for the third straight time. Then they are going to get Dwight Howard in free agency and have this as the starting 5. Kobe,Howard,Gasol,Fisher,Walton. lol This is the dream of all Lakers fans

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:37 PM
and has more assists than Kobe who played with Shaq and Gasol and still refuses to pass :), nice try trying to change the subject though
iverson had the ball 24/7 ofcourse he would have assists

anyway who cares, iverson never won a ring

jim51990
02-02-2011, 11:40 PM
ive said it before and ill say it again he is a bigger *** then lebron and brett farve combined

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
iverson had the ball 24/7 ofcourse he would have assists

anyway who cares, iverson never won a ring

Kobe has it 24/7 too! lmao!

KobeOwnSU
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Kobe = 5 rings lil *****es. I'll take that over your ****ing assists any day.

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Kobe = 5 rings lil *****es. I'll take that over your ****ing assists any day.

:clap:

Hellcrooner
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM

altough is true he refuses to pass.

there are two things you shoudl know.

Bryant plays the sg not the pg.

And.

TRIANGLE.

GO check the averages of assists of players in PJacksons teams.

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Kobe has it 24/7 too! lmao!

who cares, kobes a champ

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:43 PM
^ so is morrison

And.

TRIANGLE.

Iverson was a shooting guard too ..

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
^ so is morrison

Iverson was a shooting guard too ..

kobe plays in the triangle offense,
a.i. played in the me offense

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
kobe plays in the triangle offense,
a.i. played in the me offense

Kobe iso's all day

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:47 PM
^ so is morrison

kobe was the best player on 2 championship teams......quit hatin, u just mad that a.i. lost to la in '01

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:48 PM
do u think a.i. > kobe ?

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
kobe was the best player on 2 championship teams......quit hatin, u just mad that a.i. lost to la in '01

he's always been on stacked teams lol why you mad tho

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:52 PM
he's always been on stacked teams lol why you mad tho

:moon:

KobeOwnSU
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Answer the question: Do you think A.I. is better the Kobe?

numba1CHANGsta
02-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Every year its the same story:

People Hate on Kobe
Then he shuts them up

You the people is what motivates him, so the day you guys stop talking smack about him and his team, that will be the day he retires.

KobeOwnSU
02-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Every year its the same story:

People Hate on Kobe
Then he shuts them up

You the people is what motivates him, so the day you guys stop talking smack about him and his team, that will be the day he retires.

He'll be playin and the Lakers will be winning til he is six feet under then. :speechless:

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Answer the question: Do you think A.I. is better the Kobe?

answer it ai fanboy

xxplayerxx23
02-03-2011, 12:12 AM

No chance in hell will the Mavs beat the lakers in a 7 game series. ANd I dont think the spurs can either they will be closer. The mavs will lose in 4 to 5 games to LA

tdunk21
02-03-2011, 12:20 AM
No chance in hell will the Mavs beat the lakers in a 7 game series. ANd I dont think the spurs can either they will be closer. The mavs will lose in 4 to 5 games to LA

:laugh2:

ok

knightstemplar
02-03-2011, 12:25 AM
:laugh2:

ok

i dont see whats funny:cool:

heathonater
02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
every year at this time, it seems we think the lakers are old and done. they might not win it all next year, but they will save their best basketball for the playoffs. veteran teams such as la sometimes get bored during the regular season and slip up on their effort.

knightstemplar
02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
lakers were 4-7 for their last 11 games of last season and won the title, so im not worried

Anilyzer
02-03-2011, 01:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6084434

right on Kobe. I remember during the playoffs and Finals, Magic kept saying how great Boston was and always picking Boston and criticizing the Lakers.

then after the Lakers won, Magic stfu and started dancing around squealing about how great the Lakers are, and what a legend Kobe is.

Magic's not exactly Mr. Credibility for a number of reasons...

0nekhmer
02-03-2011, 01:11 AM
eh saying that to jerry and magic..

SA5195
02-03-2011, 01:11 AM
I like what he said

central2003
02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Hey I am a Kings fan and I know that Kobe in the Post season is a very different player. He will lead them to the finals... will they win idk.

IversonIsKrazy
02-03-2011, 02:13 AM
To be honest, I don't know why LA is panicking over their struggles during season. In a playoff series, they'll be the threat to everyone. The only teams I can see them losing to are Spurs, Boston & Miami. They will always have a slump during the season, then end up winning the 'ship. It's just the season, the chemistry isn't exactly there right now, they just need to gel a bit, and they'll go back to their winning ways. I don't get why every1 is making a big deal out of the Laker slump.

believeinNYK
02-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Title is misleading, Kobe didn't respond to magic and west like that, he was talking about the speculating media in general

RollinDeep
02-03-2011, 02:22 AM

And.

TRIANGLE.

Right there, off the top of my head, I do believe Kobe has always lead the lakers in assists.

Also, everyone whose just hating, keep doing it. You only motivate him.

kblo247
02-03-2011, 02:40 AM

And.

TRIANGLE.

Crooner taking up for Kobe :faint:

icej
02-03-2011, 07:46 AM

Now this kind of posts gets on my nerve, why compare kobe with MJ when it's his fellow Laker in west and magic is the one making comments.

Are you sure you want to make this to be a KOBE vs MJ thread? Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, I think what West and Magic's opinions are both "constructive criticism", nothing personal to kobe nor LA team - They should have make good use of it (motivation) instead of throwing words like these back, it just further reveal there are real problems in LA.

magichatnumber9
02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Magic can go **** himself. Jerry West can go **** himself. Kareem can go **** himself. Kobe is the LAKERS. He is the past, present, and future of that team. No one has won more rings. And no one has made the Lakers a global phenomenon then KB. And I'm a Celtics fan. And I don't care that KB is still playing, he is the best Laker ever. Mother ****ing Period.

JayW_1023
02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Kobe is playing selfishly right now yes...but he will probably start playing more like 2010 Kobe and less like 2007 Kobe once the playoffs start and things are at stake.

Squad13
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM

:facepalm: Really? U mad bro?

UnWantedTheory
02-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Defending their third straight title? WC title?

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-03-2011, 09:47 AM
He's right and I'm shocked at what West and Magic said. I guess it's a good motivator for the Lakers tho.

But he def contradicted himself. If he "didn't care what they said" then he wouldn't have told them to kiss his ***. Just sayin

Weezy
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
He's right and I'm shocked at what West and Magic said. I guess it's a good motivator for the Lakers tho.

But he def contradicted himself. If he "didn't care what they said" then he wouldn't have told them to kiss his ***. Just sayin

It's true but he is saying out of anger it looks like. Seriously people might be doubting the Lakers but lets be serious.. they are still the team to beat when June comes around.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-03-2011, 10:06 AM
[/B]

It's true but he is saying out of anger it looks like. Seriously people might be doubting the Lakers but lets be serious.. they are still the team to beat when June comes around.

i totally agree. i at least expect the Lakers in the WCF

magic0320
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Now this kind of posts gets on my nerve, why compare kobe with MJ when it's his fellow Laker in west and magic is the one making comments.

Are you sure you want to make this to be a KOBE vs MJ thread? Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, I think what West and Magic's opinions are both "constructive criticism", nothing personal to kobe nor LA team - They should have make good use of it (motivation) instead of throwing words like these back, it just further reveal there are real problems in LA.

shut up due if it really annoys you just ignore and don't say anything

people like you who respond make things just worse :facepalm:

i wasn't going to say anything, but your bold sentence just pisses me off man you fu kin **** :facepalm:

Bruno
02-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Dallas hasn't gotten out of the second round since 2006. But I hope the Mavs and Lakers match up in the playoffs. We've never seen the Lakers and Mavs go at it in the playoffs during the Kobe/Dirk era.

Game 7.

Bryant- 15 rebounds.
KG+Allen+Wallace- 13 rebounds.

Lakers: 53 rebounds.
Celtics: 40 rebounds.
Winner of the glass wins ever game.

Bryant: 15 FTA.
Boston: 15 FTM.

Bryant out-hustled and out worked the Celtics. Even on the worst shooting night of his career, he still found a way to burn them.

How does what he said show no respect for the game?

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 06:23 PM

he shoots less than Durant. Guess he's a ball hog too. he averages nearly 5 assists a game while scoring 25 ppg. When you're that good you should handle the ball as much as he does. Kobe has had plenty of games where he takes the back seat and lets others handle business. In January he shot over 20 times only 5 times. You're talking about Kobe freaking Bryant. The best player in the league still to this day no matter what anyone says. Put Kobe on other teams and he'd still be averaging 30ppg+ believe that. It's amazing how much hate fans of the bottom feeding teams show towards others. Just figuring this out this year being a heat fan. I now know what Lakers fans have been going through for years.

nwilder
02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Even though it sounds disrespectful and I am not a kobe fan I say he's right. It's easy to talk from outside. I would've probably say the same thing to be honest.

Raph12
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Love it lol

Hawkeye15
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I gotta be honest, this makes me like Kobe a little more.

DoubleDragon
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
...wow

Kobe is definitely right here. They are the defending champs...You can criticize them all you want and look at the age of their players, but that doesn't matter. They are the defending champs and that's that, they are the team to beat.

:clap::cheers::clap:

kArSoN RyDaH
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Hustlenomics has to be one of the worst posters on PSD.

Lakers will be fine. Kobe knows it. This happened last year. Kobe can say things like this because he's been to the finals 7 times in 14 years and won 5 ships. Lebron can't say things like this because he hasn't won anything.

Regardless, the pressure on the lakers is not warranted.

Bruno posted this before:

Through 48 games:

'93 Bulls- 33-15. Champions. Three-peat.
'98 Bulls- 34-14. Champions. Three-peat.
'02 Lakers- 35-13. Champions. Three-peat.

'11 Lakers- 33-15. = Nothing to worry about Laker fans

kArSoN RyDaH
02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
This is what EVERYONE should love about Kobe. The NBA, imo, is missing this. That i dont give a f * * * attitude.

Hustlenomics
02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
^ get off Kobe's nuts

XerxestheGreat
02-03-2011, 09:08 PM
^ get off Kobe's nuts

your jealousy and hate are seeping through you posts, man! relax...hahaha

C-Style
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
were talking about practice! lol what part of the world is Iverson playing?? Iraq? Iran? Nicaragua? what a waste

knightstemplar
02-03-2011, 09:13 PM
were talking about practice! lol what part of the world is Iverson playing?? Iraq? Iran? Nicaragua? what a waste

:cry:hahaha

Hustlenomics
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM
your jealousy and hate are seeping through you posts, man! relax...hahaha

ok

what's he got to do with this thread?

XerxestheGreat
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Lakers are the only team in the NBA that have not been irrelevant , since they moved to LA many decades ago, missing the playoffs only a handful of times.

The legends such as West, Magic, Kobe have prevented this with their style and play. I'm sure even Magic and West appreciate Kobe's response. It's only the teams you have experienced losing year after year, who look at this franchise with hate and envy that don't see this. It's okay...Even if the Lakers don't win this year I'm confident it won't be long before they do AGAIN. which will not be the case for the 95% of the league.

The 5% being Spurs, Celtics, Lakers. so the rest can stay in the gutter where they belong :D

Voodoo Alchemy
02-03-2011, 09:26 PM
maybe it's time kobe drops the ebonics and learns to speaks proper english. you can also see his maturation level in the interview. very classy remarks especially when it came from 2 guys who know nothing about winning championships.

this is why kobe will never be da man!!! it's not his play on the court but his antics off it. i love kobe as a player but despise his arrogant and standoffish attitude. it's one thing to have that competitive killer instinct when you're competing but to maintain it in your public persona sends the wrong message when it comes to true sportsmanship.

The Final Boss
02-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Coupled with the 15 rebounds and 4 assists in the final 4 minutes that ALL but 1 went for dagger 3s.:facepalm:

Voodoo Alchemy
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Lakers are the only team in the NBA that have not been irrelevant , since they moved to LA many decades ago, missing the playoffs only a handful of times.

The legends such as West, Magic, Kobe have prevented this with their style and play. I'm sure even Magic and West appreciate Kobe's response. It's only the teams you have experienced losing year after year, who look at this franchise with hate and envy that don't see this. It's okay...Even if the Lakers don't win this year I'm confident it won't be long before they do AGAIN. which will not be the case for the 95% of the league.

The 5% being Spurs, Celtics, Lakers. so the rest can stay in the gutter where they belong :D

i see you were instrumental in all the laker championships. being a fan and driving around with banners doesn't count...that's easy. even my pet hamster wears purple/gold and watches all televised laker games.

cez
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM
i agree with Kobe's statements. And as a die hard Laker Fan, i will repeat Kobe's response to all the Laker Hater Nation.....kiss my ......

XerxestheGreat
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
i see you were instrumental in all the laker championships. being a fan and driving around with banners doesn't count...that's easy. even my pet hamster wears purple/gold and watches all televised laker games.

Thank you for proving my point!

not the man you say:

-Millions upon millions of dollars
-Great house and and beautiful wife and family
-Being a living legend in the one of the best cities in the nation
-International fame
-Respect of his peers
-Oh.... 5 rings
-All before age 35

I don't know how you be anymore "da man" than that!

your jealousy will consume you bro! hahaha

XerxestheGreat
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
^ nope I wasn't part of it.

I just sat back and enjoyed the hell out of it :up:

Anilyzer
02-04-2011, 12:54 AM
yah... can't believe that Magic criticizes the Lakers in such a harsh way... and I don't like that he tries to front like he is in Laker management or something, like "maybe WE need to make some changes" or "WE will make some changes." He isn't a Laker owner anymore, and to be honest, all of his Laker-cred kind of vanished when he was on TNT everynight gushing about how special and spectacular Garnett and Pierce were, while always downplaying the Lakers.

Kobe didn't have to respond to it, but now that it's been said, now that Kobe has said it, it can't be unsaid. It can never be quite the same in Laker town. West left long ago because he became unhappy and lost the power struggle with Phil.

Now it's official--Kobe is now not only the keeper of the Laker flame, but he can literally give a **** what Magic thinks. About time.