PDA

View Full Version : How the Cav's Can Get Back On Track

JAHRONMON
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
What's happening to the Cav's is sad, really sad and Byron Scott is way way better than this and i dont think anyone enjoy's watching this so here is how they could get back on track.

1.) Create-A-Face
They need to elect a player to be the man in cleveland, whenever the game is on the line THAT GUY TAKES THE SHOT NO MATTER WHAT even if he is cold. do you think DOC RIVERS cares if Paul Pierce is cold, no he will take the last shot. Cleveland should make ANTWAN JAMESON this man he has been around and is easily their best player.

2.) Allen Iverson?
Why not, he is a MVP scoring champ, yea he is older but still he can bring something and even if he does come it can't get much worse right?

3.) Develop a Style
Play with a grudge make people scared to say CLEVELAND BOY THEY SUCK, they need to play hard nosed and pissed off it will be fun to watch and the players will love it they need to play like they got nothing to loose.

4.) Make a Trade
it doesn't have to be a significant one but the personnel you have obviously doesn't work. Get in the news with the headline not saying ITS LEBRONS FAULT or CLEVELAND SUCKS.

i think if cleveland makes one or maybe two of these steps the team will be better on and off the court.
what do yall think HOW CAN THE CAVS HELP THEMSELVES!

Mile High Champ
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Iverson is not the answer. The Cavs don't have very many assets for trade outside of Jamison and his expiring contract. The Cavs have to be patient and rebuild through the draft, this situation is not going to improve in one night or even one season. The Cavs are in store for a huge rebuild considering not one player the Cavs have is probably a part of their future roster plans.

DeyAce
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I think they'll win tonight

joeboow90
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Not even. they need to scrap this whole team. they built this team around lebron and he left them high and dry so right now this team is really bad. i still laugh when i think about these people that aruged that the cavs would still make the playoffs after losing lebron smh.

theyre not doomed forever tho as long as they can make some smart trades and draft well they could contend in the next few years. Trade Varejao and his horrible contract and dont waste the lottery draft picks they will have the next few seasons. that is how you truly change a bad team, draft well especially when youre in the lottery. the cav will probably have top 3-5 picks the next few years so as long as they can draft well they can turn it around. Look at the Sonics turned Thunder, they drafted Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Ibaka and others all in the first round and now they have a great young nucleus moving forward. this can happen for the cavs as long as they dont waste draft picks on players who arent in the league a few years from now

PhillyFaninLA
First if anyone of the players or personal are not giving it there all trade, cut, or fire them. Play and coach with heart and effort. Hope you get the right player in the draft.

Lebron James was a great part of your past, accept that and move on. The only focus should be on now and there is no room for bitterness or resentment on a team that wants to get better.

Find that heart and desire you need to win in a professional sport and to excel at anything in life. Be patient and make sound decisions as a front office and understand and try and relay to your fans that you will turn this around but it may take a few years to become a good team and not just a team being carried by 1 guy. Think of teams like Utah (a second superstar needed), Portland, or Philly that are a true superstar away because they built a team and now just need a go to guy.

eXpLiiCt
Get a LeBron this years draft?

Raph12
02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Draft another Lebron-type guy...

ATX
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Move the team to Seattle. J/K. It will take them doing extremely well in the draft. They can't miss on their next couple of high lottery picks. It's going to take some time (years). So don't hold your breath. I wish that franchise well, and hope they make smart decisions in the draft.

Lo Porto
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
They need to use their exception and get a player from a team looking to dump. They won't get an all star, but they could add a player of decent value for nothing. They need to add anyone they can get while they still have a fan base. If they let that exception go to waste by not using it, that will only piss off the fan base even more.

Avenged
02-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Get Lebron James back to Cleveland. Seriously, there just is no other way to get that team back up to be solid any time soon. It's going to take a while for them to become solid, and then I can't even imagine who would want to play for them. Lebron is the only player in the league capable of making the Cavs team you see right now into a 60 win team.

cavsbluejackets
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Get the top three draft picks draft Perry Jones, Krie Irving, and Terrence Jones, and trade mo williams and jamison and 2nd pick for Danny Granger. Sign 1 of each position in free agency

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
This guy just said Allen Iverson could be the solution the Cavs are looking for...... sigh

Now everyone is going to come in here and start bashing A.I. and Hustlenomics, C-Dubb , myself and a bunch of other A.I. fans are going to take over the thread and start talking about how A.I. was able to lead the sixers to the finals in 2001. Thanks OP. Thanks alot.

:mad:

cavsbluejackets
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Irving
Granger
Jones
Hickson
Jones

Looks like a good lineup. Get her done. For future atleast.

cavsbluejackets
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah AI is not going to turn around a franchise lamo. He is one player thats value is going down as he gets older

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Leave Allen Iverson outta this.

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
This team needs a ton of work, but a top ten pick the next three years might help, because I don't forsee this being a "quick fix." Jamison will expire next year, sure, but they gotta move Varejao and eventually Mo Williams in order to set themselves up for the future.

Jamison's not the answer either, dude. Who wants a mid 30's face of the franchise unless you're the Phoenix Suns?

CostanzaNumba0
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
alllen iverson,, lmao

JerseysFinest
02-02-2011, 05:28 PM
-Find any takers for Jamison, Mo Williams
-Build around J.J Hickson, Daniel Gibson, Ramon Sessions, and Manny Harris
-In the draft, select Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, or Kyrie Irving
-Use cap space to sign free agents
-Try and acquire draft picks and young talent

I always believed Iguodala would be a good fit for them, but it might bot be a good idea since they probably want flexibility heading into the future. But they could get him using their trade exception, correct? Or maybe Wallace.

abe_froman
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
tank and get high draft picks until one pans out to be a star,build around him ,wait til he to leaves them..repeat

Mplsman
02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
They need to start over from scratch. Blow that roster up!

Lim
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
theres nothing they can do.. sad to say but they are gonna suck for a loong time

Gram
02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Get the top three draft picks draft Perry Jones, Krie Irving, and Terrence Jones, and trade mo williams and jamison and 2nd pick for Danny Granger. Sign 1 of each position in free agency

You honestly think Indy would take that?

harm0n1x
02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
you gotta build through the draft. trade veteran players, but don't trade draft picks with them!! build around ramon sessions, manny harris, christian eyenga, and probably JJ hickson as well. it's gonna be a long wait, but building through the draft is always the best option. ala OKC.

ManRam
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Hope that Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Erving, Derick Williams, Terrence Jones etc. is the next LeBron James :shrug:

Fireworld
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Relocate.