PDA

View Full Version : Favorite to win the championship

godolphins
02-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Which team do you think is the favorite to when the championship?

I think it's the Celtics they can beat any team in a 7 game series the way they're playing unless the Heat or Lakers take their game to another level(which I don't see happening)

Evolution23
02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Spurs or Celtics.. Heat are pretenders

godolphins
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Spurs or Celtics.. Heat are pretenders If Wade can play like he's doing now against the Celtics I can see Miami getting by Boston and the Lakers or Spurs

king4day
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Missing a lot of teams in there. I think I'd put the Bulls ahead of LA right now.

godolphins
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Missing a lot of teams in there. I think I'd put the Bulls ahead of LA right now. The Bulls won't smell that championship, the final four team standing come playoff time will be Miami, Boston, Spurs and Lakers those teams are legit contenders can't say the same for the Bulls

Da Knicks
02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
too many teams missing

Bishnoff
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it'll be a Celtics-Spurs final, with the Celtics taking it in 6 or 7 games.

Alternatively, it could be another Celtics-Lakers finals if the Lakers can overcome the Spurs.

Sorry Heat fans, I think the Celtics are too strong (when healthy) this season.

210Don
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
This is much better other poll was ridiculous

ManningToTyree
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
it will be BOS vs. LAL again. Lakers for the 3 peat imo.

Jonathan2323
02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
The Celtics are the favorites right now.

Doesn't mean I think they will win it all.

godolphins
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
it will be BOS vs. LAL again. Lakers for the 3 peat imo.
No way, if they meet in the finals I can see the Celtics winning in five or six games unless L.A. make some trades

godolphins
02-01-2011, 11:46 PM
too many teams missingLike which teams? Because I don't see another other teams having a shot at winning the championship than those four

madvillian9
02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
so were supposed to vote for the teams that you feel have a shot

godolphins
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
so were supposed to vote for the teams that you feel have a shot :laugh:
So you want me to put teams that won't even go to their conference championship game

LOL

madvillian9
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
lol....look how mad madvillian9 just because he can't be a homer and vote for the Bulls even though they have no shot at all of winning the championship

that's why they play the games genius...
so the magic have no shot at the ECF?
or dallas?
or OKC?

daisuke4cy
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
lol....look how mad madvillian9 just because he can't be a homer and vote for the Bulls even though they have no shot at all of winning the championship

Bulls need a true pg before they can be a contender. A tweener sg playing point just wont do it.

Jonathan2323
02-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Its not who will win poll, its who the favorite is!

:pity:

Super.
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
No, Rose does a pretty good job of distributing. What they need is a Ray Allen type guy

ragee
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
The Heat's included but not the Magic, Bulls or Mavericks? The poll should have just been Lakers, Spurs and Celts... If you are to include the Heat, the other 3 mentioned should have been included as well...

Caveman508
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
No, Rose does a pretty good job of distributing. What they need is a Ray Allen type guy

bulls shoulda ****in kept Gordon....they already had their own ray allen...

godolphins
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
The Heat's included but not the Magic, Bulls or Mavericks? The poll should have just been Lakers, Spurs and Celts... If you are to include the Heat, the other 3 mentioned should have been included as well...
Magic? Bulls? Dallas? Favorite to win the championship :confused:

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
bulls shoulda ****in kept Gordon....they already had their own ray allen...

No thanks. Especially not for $10+ million he wanted.

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry, but this is a horrible thread. And not because you didn't include the Bulls, its because there's absolutely nothing to discuss here, nothing of interest.

PurpleJesus
02-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Heat are gonna be so hungry when the playoffs come...all ego's will be set aside...Im picking the Heat.

godolphins
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry, but this is a horrible thread. And not because you didn't include the Bulls, its because there's absolutely nothing to discuss here, nothing of interest. It's good enough to get you to view and post, it's like giving a show ratings when you hate the show :D

CHI CITY FAN 93
02-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Bulls need a true pg before they can be a contender. A tweener sg playing point just wont do it.

bulls need a true pg? are you ****in ********, how stupid can you be. dont be mad because rose is already better then rondo,and fans like him more (starting pg). face it, he's just better. i mean who is better then him, d-will, cp3. give till the end of the year when he takes home the MVP, then he'll get his respect

Rose >>>>>> Rondo

and wtf is up with everyone saying the bulls arent contenders!?!! look at the heat, i cant wait till playoff time when they get embarrassed. what are they gunna do when their is 4 seconds left in the 4th and they need a 3 to tie, who get it wade or lbj?

and damn, the bulls arent even 100% healthy right now, wait till after all star break.. but go ahead everyone keep talking their crap, ill be the one laughing in the end,

Crackadalic
02-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Celtics. They haven't been healthy all year and still have the best record in the east. If they meet either the lakers and spurs i think they can win in 5 or 6

Crackadalic
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM

Not a bulls fan but Drose is playing at a mvp type level. Look at their record and they havent even been fully healthy yet. I didnt think Rose was gonna handle pg when he first came into the league but he prove me wrong. What they need is a real sg to really contend for a title

daisuke4cy
02-02-2011, 12:18 AM
bulls need a true pg? are you ****in ********, how stupid can you be. dont be mad because rose is already better then rondo,and fans like him more (starting pg). face it, he's just better. i mean who is better then him, d-will, cp3. give till the end of the year when he takes home the MVP, then he'll get his respect

Rose >>>>>> Rondo

and wtf is up with everyone saying the bulls arent contenders!?!! look at the heat, i cant wait till playoff time when they get embarrassed. what are they gunna do when their is 4 seconds left in the 4th and they need a 3 to tie, who get it wade or lbj?

and damn, the bulls arent even 100% healthy right now, wait till after all star break.. but go ahead everyone keep talking their crap, ill be the one laughing in the end,
Is it somebody's time of the mounth?

Jonathan2323
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM

Rose >>>>>> Rondo

Tell us how you really feel. **** lol

CHI CITY FAN 93
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
nope, just proving a point.

daisuke4cy
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Or just looking like a delusional bulls fan.

CHI CITY FAN 93
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Or just looking like a delusional bulls fan.

no, youre just dumb enough to think rose isnt a true pg. lemme guess you think rondo is better? damn, maybe you think jordan was never good.

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
There's no such thing as a "true" PG. Each PG does whatever it takes for their teams to win, they have different teams so they all call for something different from their PGs...so, yeah.

The Flash
02-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Is it somebody's time of the mounth?

I'm laughing now

The Flash
02-02-2011, 12:31 AM
stop it guys , Rose , Rondo they are both very good, they're just different and thats the beauty of their game.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-02-2011, 12:32 AM
All 4 teams have equal chances IMO. It depends on who is the healthiest and hottest come playoff time.

Right now the Spurs are playing the best, but that can change come playoff time.

daisuke4cy
02-02-2011, 12:32 AM
no, youre just dumb enough to think rose isnt a true pg. lemme guess you think rondo is better? damn, maybe you think jordan was never good.
Rose is a dime a dosen there is a rose in every draft. When both players are retired for 10 years who are people going to remember more? Its going to be Rondo by a landslide. Rose is just anouther above avg sg that is all.

madvillian9
02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Rose is a dime a dosen there is a rose in every draft. When both players are retired for 10 years who are people going to remember more? Its going to be Rondo by a landslide. Rose is just anouther above avg sg that is all.

sig: crap grammar mixed with idiocy

edit: or is it just sarcasm???

CHI CITY FAN 93
02-02-2011, 12:37 AM

youre stupid, rose in every draft? like i said, the big 3 that boston has will be gone in 3 years, that means you just have rondo, bulls will be better with OUR big 3, we will win more championships then rondo, we are one of the youngest teams in the league, like i said, in 3 years the bulls will have at least 1 championship. nuff said.

D1JM
02-02-2011, 12:42 AM

u know whats sad? that shaq has a better FT% than rondo

eXpLiiCt
02-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Um why aren't the Pistons mentioned?

CHI CITY FAN 93
02-02-2011, 12:47 AM
No, usually i just jerk off to your mother.

i remmeber using that joke when i was 6 bro, calm down. celtics aint winning ****, relax *****.bulls are the biggest threat to the celtics.

daisuke4cy
02-02-2011, 12:48 AM
i remmeber using that joke when i was 6 bro, calm down. celtics aint winning ****, relax *****.bulls are the biggest threat to the celtics.

sig

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 12:50 AM
:facepalm:

biggest winner in this thread: GoDolphins

Mission accomplished

Avenged
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Celtics. Heat. Spurs. Lakers? [maybe]

BluejaysFan08
02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
How come the Raptors aren't an option?

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:06 AM
:facepalm:

biggest winner in this thread: GoDolphins

Mission accomplished
What excatly was I trying to accomplish?

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 01:07 AM
To get people pissed off and in flame wars with eachother.

I mean that was a foregone conclusion anyway, thats what every thread on this forum eventually devolves to.

Hustlenomics
02-02-2011, 01:08 AM
alotta butt hurt going on here

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Actually sir the Heat are a bigger threat, I think you meant the Bulls are the biggest threat to the Hawks

210Don
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
at least where ahead of the lakers lol

RaffyBoy
02-02-2011, 01:11 AM
i think the heat are the team to be come playoff time. im pretty sure they will get haslem back, miller will be more comfortable with the team. and lebron and wade will be very difficult to guard. last year, i thought the cavs were going to the finals for sure with just LBJ (they didnt really have anyone else), and with wade and him. i think they will be unstoppable

Mavrix
02-02-2011, 01:12 AM
People are snubbing Dallas... Remember how they played before Dirk got injured?

He was out a few weeks and the Mavs lost a bunch of games. Now they've won 5 in a row with Dirk back and .5 a game behind the Lakers.

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:13 AM
To get people pissed off and in flame wars with eachother.

I mean that was a foregone conclusion anyway, thats what every thread on this forum eventually devolves to.
Wow dude seriously? That's low :pity:

justinnum1
02-02-2011, 01:14 AM
too many teams missing

no teams are missing

jkcronyn
02-02-2011, 01:16 AM
i ****ing hate pierce, garnett and i still picked the celtics to win they're for real and i hate to admit it

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Wow dude seriously? That's low :pity:

what would have been the harm in including a few more teams in this poll?

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
o n celtics will win it all

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Stop the insults and off-topic fighting or this thread will be closed.

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Stop the insults and off-topic fighting or this thread will be closed.

sorry dr phil

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:25 AM
what would have been the harm in including a few more teams in this poll?
What other team are favorite to win the championship?

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:26 AM

the ones ur not jocking

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm going with the Spurs right now.

RZZZA
02-02-2011, 01:27 AM

That's so vague and subjective, you could have included more teams and let people made their own choices on the matter.

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
the celtics or lakers the teams that have a COMPLETE rostern the other thing is i think the heat will do good in the playoffs but the fact that the homers in here open close minded to any other team other then the heat it makes this thread stupid....

justinnum1
02-02-2011, 01:31 AM
That's so vague and subjective, you could have included more teams and let people made their own choices on the matter.

but then it turns into every other poll...fans vote for their team...this poll is more realistic because these are the only team with a real shot at winning the ring.

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
This is much better other poll was ridiculous

what happened with spurs tonight how they lose to portland i cant watch the game did they deserve win or did spurs have off game

D1JM
02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
but then it turns into every other poll...fans vote for their team...this poll is more realistic because these are the only team with a real shot at winning the ring.

you have a crystal ball? last year the celtics were not being considered because of their struggles and they made it to the finals.

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
the ones ur not jocking Ummmmm..... those teams are the favorite why include a team like the Bulls who are not there yet

RZZZA

according to who?

You're just assuming that upsets don't happen in sports, but they happen all the time.

Chi StateOfMind

again thats YOUR opinion to YOU how are you going to ask who you think will win and when people tell you who they think you tell them they dont have a shot because justinnum1 says they have no shot

im ur fatha
02-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Spurs-Lakers 4-2 Spurs
Celtics-Bulls 4-3 Chicago

Spurs-Bulls 4-2 Bulls

Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer, Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Kyle Korver, Kurt Thomas, Ronnie Brewer, Watson just too much, The series could go either way though

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Ummmmm..... those teams are the favorite why include a team like the Bulls who are not there yet

when did i say bulls there homie y dont u open ur heat eyes and read what i said because i believe i stated the celtics

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:36 AM
That's so vague and subjective, you could have included more teams and let people made their own choices on the matter. So it can turn into a popularity contest

lvlheaded
02-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Spurs never get enough love

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
you have a crystal ball? last year the celtics were not being considered because of their struggles and they made it to the finals.
That's because the Celtics had something to turn on

Zetterberg40
02-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Clicked Lakers by mistake meant Celtics

Chi StateOfMind
i agree that the bulls need a true SG thats aimed at the ****** who said we cant win w/o a true pg i wish i had the dro he smokes....but anyways i feel they are a couple years away but when there healthy i wouldnt want to play them thats all im gunna say or the HEAT/CELTICS

HoopsDrive
Still picking the Cs to come out on top.

godolphins
when did i say bulls there homie y dont u open ur heat eyes and read what i said because i believe i stated the celtics
Than what seem to be the problem because in the very first post I picked the Celtics

justinnum1
02-02-2011, 01:43 AM
again thats YOUR opinion to YOU how are you going to ask who you think will win and when people tell you who they think you tell them they dont have a shot because justinnum1 says they have no shot

ill sig bet anyone the champion comes from those 4 teams.

D1JM
02-02-2011, 01:46 AM
in the east the hawks, bulls and magic have enough to upset the heat or celtics in a 7 game series. you guys better make it to the ecf because if you guys dont, people are going to mock the **** of you because of threads like this.

FlashMacker
02-02-2011, 01:47 AM
No thanks. Especially not for $10+ million he wanted.

Don't you remember the Bulls-Celtics series that went 7 games. He was worth that money especially with the big numbers he was putting up.

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Don't you remember the Bulls-Celtics series that went 7 games. He was worth that money especially with the big numbers he was putting up.

$11 million for a streaky shooting, undersized, no defense SG is not something I wanted long-term, and I'm glad the Bulls FO thought so as well. He was a constant headache from one game to another.

Not to mention the fact that Rose definitely doesn't progress the way he has with Ben Gordon still on this team and we'd be in a much worse position financially.

godolphins
02-02-2011, 01:52 AM
in the east the hawks, bulls and magic have enough to upset the heat or celtics in a 7 game series. you guys better make it to the ecf because if you guys dont, people are going to mock the **** of you because of threads like this.
Even if(and that's a big IF) those teams upset the Heat or Celtics to go to the ECF why would I care if people from the internet mock me, seriously?

madvillian9
02-02-2011, 01:57 AM
What happened to the favorite from the east last year?

FlashMacker
02-02-2011, 01:58 AM
$11 million for a streaky shooting, undersized, no defense SG is not something I wanted long-term, and I'm glad the Bulls FO thought so as well. He was a constant headache from one game to another.
Not to mention the fact that Rose definitely doesn't progress the way he has with Ben Gordon still on this team and we'd be in a much worse position financially.

If they didn't have Gordon that series would'nt have gone 7 games. I would've kept him. Oh well at least they got Korver.

FlashMacker
02-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Even if(and that's a big IF) those teams upset the Heat or Celtics to go to the ECF why would I care if people from the internet mock me, seriously?

If Orlando wins that's not really an upset

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 02:02 AM
If they didn't have Gordon that series would'nt have gone 7 games. I would've kept him. Oh well at least they got Korver.

But that's one series in the scheme of a team that's looking to win a Championship. Gordon on a contract that big hinders that goal. Not to mention neither team was 100%. It was definitely a better long-term decision imo.

CityofChaos
02-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Spurs hands down. There is no other team in the league that can execute as well as they do.

FlashMacker
02-02-2011, 02:06 AM
But that's one series in the scheme of a team that's looking to win a Championship. Gordon on a contract that big hinders that goal. Not to mention neither team was 100%. It was definitely a better long-term decision imo.

?

kingbrentg
02-02-2011, 02:07 AM
?

In my opinion lol.

knightstemplar
02-02-2011, 02:22 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581328

already posted a couple days ago

chicago lulz
02-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Spurs or Celtics.
Spurs because they've been playing amazing this year.
Celtics, because they're the Celtics. Plus I think Shaq can be huge in the playoffs.
Lakers have a chance if they pick it up in the playoffs.

jmtapia
02-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Heat... I like LA coming out from the West.

bklynny67
02-02-2011, 04:29 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There's a Rose in every draft..... please go through the last 10 drafts for us and tell us who that would be in each.

wow, people that try to act like they know basketball really annoy me. and this is coming from a Knicks fan who couldn't care less about the Celtics or Bulls. but its pretty obvious you know nothing.