PDA

View Full Version : Rookies vs. Sophomore game

PC
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Blake Griffin headlines the Rookies vs. Sophomore game on All-Star Weekend, and will be joined by John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Derrick Favors, Landry Fields, Wesley Johnson, Greg Monroe & Gary Neal on the rookie team.
The sophomore team consists of Tyreke Evans, DeJuan Blair, Stephen Curry, DeMar DeRozan, Taj Gibson, Jrue Holiday, Serge Ibaka, Brandon Jennings and Wesley Matthews.
rotoworld

PC
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't know if the teams were ever announced but here they are.

Gators123
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Good list.

Crackadalic
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Rookies gonna win. Sophs are too small

PurpleJesus
02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Rookies gonna win. Sophs are too small

its an all star game...size and defense won't matter...the game will be played on the perimeter.

gbrl
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
good list if george would have played solid minutes since day 1 he probably would have made rookie team

Crackadalic
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
its an all star game...size and defense won't matter...the game will be played on the perimeter.

True but i still think the rookies are gonna win Blake is on a whole other level then anybody on both teams

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I feel bad for Adam Morrison...I mean Evan Turner.

pd7631
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Happy to see Jrue made it, well deserved. On the other hand, I see no reason why Eric Bledsoe, Derrick Favors, and Gary Neal all got the nod over Evan Turner.

I'm not trying to lay claim that Turner has been great this year, but those 3 I mentioned cannot make a claim to play over him based on stats. So I think the deciding factor comes down to the fact that Turner is contributing to a better team than both the Clippers and Nets. He is also more of a marquee name than Neal and Bledsoe, so just based on who people would rather see is why he should get the nod IMO.

Being shuffled in and out of the lineup and learning to have to change his game up based on whether Iguodala is playing or not, has contributed greatly to the slow start of Evan Turner. But, over the past 10 games or so with growing chemistry between Iggy and Turner, you can see Turner starting to find his niche.

Oh well, just one more thing to mark down on Turner's bulletin board. He'll be playing in this game next season, book it.

Flash3
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
good list if george would have played solid minutes since day 1 he probably would have made rookie team

you can say that for alot of other guys.....

StriveGreatness

Your posts never make sense.

nwilder
The rookies would destroy the sophomore if it was a serious game. But it's a fun game and will likely to be a close game with no defense whatsoever.

Evan Turner? Is he going to be one of the biggest busts? I thought he was a more polished player spending all the years in college and he's the same age with Durant, Rose, Westbrook etc. wow.

Bishnoff
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Spurs with two 2nd rounders playing (Neal & Blair). Credit to their talent scouts and ability to develop their youth.

dtmagnet
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Man Ed Davis got snubbed IMO.

WizFan3
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
rooks all the way

pd7631
02-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Also, congratulations to Greg Monroe. As a big time Georgetown fan I'm very happy to see that he has been given quality playing time over the past month or so, and he is proving to be every bit as good as I thought he would be. If the Sixers had gotten the 6th pick like we were projected to get, I was all on the Monroe bandwagon. As I said in the Pistons forum at the beginning of the year, just give the man playing time because he is a special player.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Happy to see Jrue made it, well deserved. On the other hand, I see no reason why Eric Bledsoe, Derrick Favors, and Gary Neal all got the nod over Evan Turner.

I'm not trying to lay claim that Turner has been great this year, but those 3 I mentioned cannot make a claim to play over him based on stats. So I think the deciding factor comes down to the fact that Turner is contributing to a better team than both the Clippers and Nets. He is also more of a marquee name than Neal and Bledsoe, so just based on who people would rather see is why he should get the nod IMO.

Being shuffled in and out of the lineup and learning to have to change his game up based on whether Iguodala is playing or not, has contributed greatly to the slow start of Evan Turner. But, over the past 10 games or so with growing chemistry between Iggy and Turner, you can see Turner starting to find his niche.

Oh well, just one more thing to mark down on Turner's bulletin board. He'll be playing in this game next season, book it.

Because, if you werent a Sixer fan you would be reasonable and agree that Evan Turner isnt good.

Gators123
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
The rookies would destroy the sophomore if it was a serious game. But it's a fun game and will likely to be a close game with no defense whatsoever.

Evan Turner? Is he going to be one of the biggest busts? I thought he was a more polished player spending all the years in college and he's the same age with Durant, Rose, Westbrook etc. wow.

Doubt it. He started this year off slow, I still think he will be a great player.

pd7631
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Because, if you werent a Sixer fan you would be reasonable and agree that Evan Turner isnt good.

Actually, as a Sixer fan who watches Evan Turner play each and every game, I know that he is good. I'm critical of my own team's players so it's not just a homer opinion. I also did not say that he's been great, I simply said that Neal, Bledsoe, and Favors are no more deserving of that spot than him.

He has been inconsistent, and a lot of that has been due to Andre Iguodala being in and out of the lineup this year. Turner has found his place this season as a key member of the highest scoring bench in the NBA, and over the last 10-12 games has been a very productive player. His shooting and decision making need to improve, but he has shown flashes of his talent and will be a very good player for years to come.

Bulls_fan90
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Turner should be in over Favors. Ed Davis would have made it had he played more games/minutes (kid has great potential).

jon32
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM

x2.............he should def be there

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Actually, as a Sixer fan who watches Evan Turner play each and every game, I know that he is good. I'm critical of my own team's players so it's not just a homer opinion. I also did not say that he's been great, I simply said that Neal, Bledsoe, and Favors are no more deserving of that spot than him.

He has been inconsistent, and a lot of that has been due to Andre Iguodala being in and out of the lineup this year. Turner has found his place this season as a key member of the highest scoring bench in the NBA, and over the last 10-12 games has been a very productive player. His shooting and decision making need to improve, but he has shown flashes of his talent and will be a very good player for years to come.

Neal is in the rotation of the SPURS, who have the leagues best record, Bledsoe is the 2nd best PG in the draft, and Favors is shooting over 50 percent for the year. Sixers have a better team than Clippers and Nets because of the talent level its not Evan Turner that took them there.

Bishnoff
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

I agree.

fadedmario
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Rookies are going to destroy the sophs

fadedmario
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Also, congratulations to Greg Monroe. As a big time Georgetown fan I'm very happy to see that he has been given quality playing time over the past month or so, and he is proving to be every bit as good as I thought he would be. If the Sixers had gotten the 6th pick like we were projected to get, I was all on the Monroe bandwagon. As I said in the Pistons forum at the beginning of the year, just give the man playing time because he is a special player.

You were right

pd7631
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Neal is in the rotation of the SPURS, who have the leagues best record, Bledsoe is the 2nd best PG in the draft, and Favors is shooting over 50 percent for the year. Sixers have a better team than Clippers and Nets because of the talent level its not Evan Turner that took them there.

So shooting a higher % makes Favors more deserving than Turner? And being the 2nd best PG in a PG weak draft class doesn't say that much. Being a key member of the league's highest scoring bench says a lot about Turner, because many nights it is Turner, Lou Williams, and Thad Young bailing out the Sixers starters.

What exactly makes Favors and Bledsoe more deserving than Turner?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
So shooting a higher % makes Favors more deserving than Turner? And being the 2nd best PG in a PG weak draft class doesn't say that much. Being a key member of the league's highest scoring bench says a lot about Turner, because many nights it is Turner, Lou Williams, and Thad Young bailing out the Sixers starters.

What exactly makes Favors and Bledsoe more deserving than Turner?

Many people disagree, there are a lot better players that the Sixers should have picked over Turner now. There is a reason he wasnt picked for the rookie/sophmore game.

cbreezy34
02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Evan Turner not making the team is a joke and anyone who says hes a bust has just been basing it off what there reading from morons like david thorpe and bill simmons and not actuallty wathcing sixers games of late. His potential is scary and hes able to impact the outcome of games by more then just points. Look at how many games his put up numbers like 10 pts 8 rebs 6 assts. The guy is going to be a stud if he can make his mid range jumper more often

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Evan Turner not making the team is a joke and anyone who says hes a bust has just been basing it off what there reading from morons like david thorpe and bill simmons and not actuallty wathcing sixers games of late. His potential is scary and hes able to impact the outcome of games by more then just points. Look at how many games his put up numbers like 10 pts 8 rebs 6 assts. The guy is going to be a stud if he can make his mid range jumper more often

Poor mans Terrence Williams

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Domefavors, will you Do me a favor and shut the **** up?? You make no sense. How can you talk about a rookie that isnt doing good when Favors isnt doing good. I like turner, he hasnt really produced but you can tell he is going to be good. Same with favors, But You talk **** about everyone. Turner is good and will be good. You can argue Turner should be on the team over favors so just shut up. Thank you for the favor :)

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Maybe Davis should be in instead of Favors, but Ed Davis isn't earning playing time behind Amir Johnson and Bargnani. That's just sad. Davis may be a bit better than Favors at the moment, but he isn't better than Monroe or Cousins at the moment. How many big men are you going to put on that roster lol.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Many people disagree, there are a lot better players that the Sixers should have picked over Turner now. There is a reason he wasnt picked for the rookie/sophmore game.

Who would of you picked over turner. Just stop you dont know what you are saying. No Nobody agrued with who goes number two unless Was didnt go with wall so wrong again you usally are wrong thou so nothing new

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Domefavors, will you Do me a favor and shut the **** up?? You make no sense. How can you talk about a rookie that isnt doing good when Favors isnt doing good. I like turner, he hasnt really produced but you can tell he is going to be good. Same with favors, But You talk **** about everyone. Turner is good and will be good. You can argue Turner should be on the team over favors so just shut up. Thank you for the favor :)

Im sorry you feel that way about me. It seems like all my views you disagree with and are jealous because you know im right.

Giraffes Rule
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Spurs with two 2nd rounders playing (Neal & Blair). Credit to their talent scouts and ability to develop their youth.

Neal was undrafted. Played a few years overseas after college and signed a 3 year deal with the Spurs. I'm hoping whoever is coaching this game gives him some playing time. He could go off in a game like this.

pd7631
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe Davis should be in instead of Favors, but Ed Davis isn't earning playing time behind Amir Johnson and Bargnani. That's just sad. Davis may be a bit better than Favors at the moment, but he isn't better than Monroe or Cousins at the moment. How many big men are you going to put on that roster lol.

Agreed. I think the big thing that hurt Davis was missing the entire first month of the season.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Im sorry you feel that way about me. It seems like all my views you disagree with and are jealous because you know im right.

You are always wrong, Never once are you right, all you do is hate just stop. Im not always right but at least I dont just bash everyone that isnt on nj

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
i wanna hear who to ^

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:28 PM
You are always wrong, Never once are you right, all you do is hate just stop. Im not always right but at least I dont just bash everyone that isnt on nj

I dont know what you are talking about, everytime I write something I always see you magicaly appear and attempt to insult me. I certainly dont bash everyone thats not on NJ. I hate Stephen Graham, Johan Petro, Travis Outlaw. I am also a big fan of Kevin Garnett and Tmac.

John Walls Era
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
If Ed Davis wasn't hurt he probably could've made it. Derozan better get to start and win that MVP (in his hometown).

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I dont know what you are talking about, everytime I write something I always see you magicaly appear and attempt to insult me. I certainly dont bash everyone thats not on NJ. I hate Stephen Graham, Johan Petro, Travis Outlaw. I am also a big fan of Kevin Garnett and Tmac.

This is the 4th time i have responded to u. You bash everyone why do you think everyone disagrees with you >

Kakaroach
02-01-2011, 08:30 PM
No Gordon Hayward as expected, disappointed in that. But I'm happy for former Jazzman Wesley Matthews, hope he tears it up.

Gators123
02-01-2011, 08:30 PM
If Ed Davis wasn't hurt he probably could've made it. Derozan better get to start and win that MVP (in his hometown).

I think Blake already has that locked up lol

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
no landry fields^ got it :P

goose15
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
rookies will destroy..

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
No Gordon Hayward as expected, disappointed in that. But I'm happy for former Jazzman Wesley Matthews, hope he tears it up.

I dont see Gordon Hayward in the league in 2 years.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:36 PM
I dont see Gordon Hayward in the league in 2 years.

Yeah because he cant play defense, And he isnt athletic at all right. great post

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah because he cant play defense, And he isnt athletic at all right. great post

Please stop, I am sorry you feel this way. Gordon just doesnt have the body or game to play at NBA level. He can shoot but I just dont see anything out of him in years. Great college player though.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Please stop? Ok im wrong your right

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Please stop? Ok im wrong your right

Just the way you respond, all you have to do is plead your opinion not comment something like "terrible post" or "you dont know anything"

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Thats because statements like Philly could of picked anyone 3 to 38 would of been better then turner is just about the stupidest thing ive heard. Is that how you want to hear it?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Thats because statements like Philly could of picked anyone 3 to 38 would of been better then turner is just about the stupidest thing ive heard. Is that how you want to hear it?

Simply just my opinion, I would take Turner around 25-30 but the question that was asked was who I would rather take at number 2 than Turner and I stated my opinion. I think after 38 is when Turner gets better than those players after that.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Simply just my opinion, I would take Turner around 25-30 but the question that was asked was who I would rather take at number 2 than Turner and I stated my opinion. I think after 38 is when Turner gets better than those players after that.

If we are baseing it on this year then favors should of went Number 30 according to your way of reasoning?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
If we are baseing it on this year then favors should of went Number 30 according to your way of reasoning?

No just in years to come I see Turner around 25-30 best in the draft.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Just curious where do you see favors being ranked in years to come??

pd7631
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM

That's wonderful, but what does that have to do with this game, and why does Favors deserve to be in it over Turner?

Baller1
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Boooo... No Harden.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Just curious where do you see favors being ranked in years to come??

My top 5 is like this

1. John Wall
2. Derrick Favors
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. Wesley Johnson
5. Greg Monroe

so 2 maybe 1.

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Boooo... No Harden.

Lol, No Daye! They don't even have a single SF sophomore on that list. They have 6 guards and 3 big men. I was really hoping for Daye to be in there because he is the top SF from that class (so far as I remember, I could be wrong).

Baller1
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Lol, No Daye! They don't even have a single SF sophomore on that list. They have 6 guards and 3 big men. I was really hoping for Daye to be in there because he is the top SF from that class (so far as I remember, I could be wrong).

Yeah, I'd like to see Daye in there as well.

StriveGreatness
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
DeMeFavors, Come on man. No one can take you serious after you said:

1. If the Nets got Melo, they would be the best team in the East.
2. Theo Ratliff is better than Shaq. :facepalm:

Sorry, but I can't take you serious anymore.

Robbw241
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Why haven't people put DoMeFavors on their ignore list? It will save you lots of frustration.

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Daye was kinda a homer pick, because he has to play behind Prince who is still great, and demands minutes with his presence. He would've brought some length to that team (6'11"). I really think they should have at least gotten ONE SF lol.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Im not on a lot so i dont know how to do that. Just making sure im not crazy, His posts make no sense right?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
demefavors, come on man. No one can take you serious after you said:

1. If the nets got melo, they would be the best team in the east.
2. Theo ratliff is better than shaq. :facepalm:

Sorry, but i can't take you serious anymore.

its not a fact its simply my opinion

Jpolla3
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I am sure I am alone in this but I actually like the sophs in this game. No they don't have the raw talent of the rookies but I think they will play real well together. I see curry and Gibson having big games. Just my thoughts.

KmB728
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
No Harden?

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
okay it should be a new rule...nobody respond to the nonsense domefavors writes. turner should on the team over favors...if you have watched a sixers game the last 5-6 weeks, you will see why. if you haven't, just tune in tomorrow night when the sixers beat the nets in nj at 7. with melo on this nets team....the sixers are still better than them (based on who they will have to give away)...and sad thing is...melo will never be on this nets team. just like he will never play defense. they are a 6 seed at best with him, battling with philly and the knicks.

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't see the sophomores winning based on their size alone. You can't play small ball the entire game and hope to win. Let's hope all 6 of those guards get hot lmao.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
griffen should be on the sophomores team :P i think it will be close but rookies win because of size

Crackadalic
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
My top 5 is like this

1. John Wall
2. Derrick Favors
3. Demarcus Cousins
4. Wesley Johnson
5. Greg Monroe

so 2 maybe 1.

Ive watch almost every net game so far and from what ive seen Derrick Favors will never be better then Demarcus Cousins. He has too much talent.

avrpatsfan
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Solid list but Harden should have made it.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
okay it should be a new rule...nobody respond to the nonsense domefavors writes. turner should on the team over favors...if you have watched a sixers game the last 5-6 weeks, you will see why. if you haven't, just tune in tomorrow night when the sixers beat the nets in nj at 7. with melo on this nets team....the sixers are still better than them (based on who they will have to give away)...and sad thing is...melo will never be on this nets team. just like he will never play defense. they are a 6 seed at best with him, battling with philly and the knicks.

I dont understand this at all? You didnt posts anything but insults. The LEAGUE put Derrick Favors in and didnt put Evan Turner in. I dont know what you want me to say. And saying the Sixers would be better if Nets had Melo is pretty disgraceful. I am not here to talk about tommrows game we will just have to see what happends. Personally I think Sixers will get rocked Nets are 6-1 at home in there last 7 home games.

Hulk6
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM
not to try to bash and be like DoMeFavors, but i dont think Harden deserved to be in this game, IMO he was one of the worst picks of that draft, OKC could have had a plethora of better players who would have contributed better to that team

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM
and no i didnt just post insults...reread the post again, unless maybe you can't read...which i kind of hope after reading the warm garbage you write on here. and no, just like your believe that ratliff is better than shaq and the nets would be the hahaha best team in the haahha east with melo...i think they would not because he doesnt play defense. and yes the sixers would still be better than them. and im sure the nets have been beating real tom of the tier playoff teams in those 6 wins( not ya know..cleveland , detroit, denver(awful road team))...even with melo

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
24.7 (MPG)7.4 (ppg)4.5 rebounds per game 2.0 assist per game 40.3 Shooting % for turner
Favors 19.3 , 6.6 5.0 0.4 54.7 He does shoot a lot better. But only .5 more rebounds when he is a pf and turner is a sg. Favors isnt so much more deserving to be on the team

Flash3
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Daye was kinda a homer pick, because he has to play behind Prince who is still great, and demands minutes with his presence. He would've brought some length to that team (6'11"). I really think they should have at least gotten ONE SF lol.

He's kind of unknown outside of Detroit... this weekend for the most part is a "name game" who ever is more popular.

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
and re-re, philly has great college basketball that fans go to with villanova and temple, and the big 5...im not sure how many nets fans are breaking the bank for those rutgers basketball tickets...however, when philly has a team that is around .500 or over...attendence shoots way up because people in philly know basketball and respond to a winner...when they are losing, they still watch, but spend their money on other big time bball teams.

Flash3
02-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Im not on a lot so i dont know how to do that. Just making sure im not crazy, His posts make no sense right?

Non whatsoever

Flash3
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
its not a fact its simply my opinion

In your opinion you think nets would be the best team in the east with mello ?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
and re-re, philly has great college basketball that fans go to with villanova and temple, and the big 5...im not sure how many nets fans are breaking the bank for those rutgers basketball tickets...however, when philly has a team that is around .500 or over...attendence shoots way up because people in philly know basketball and respond to a winner...when they are losing, they still watch, but spend their money on other big time bball teams.

Im glad you have been on the bandwagon for a while then.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Ok we get it you both Are AWESOmE

nysportsfan30
02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
also DoMeFavors, can you look anyone in the eyes and say that Johan Petro is the blueprint for greatness??????

StriveGreatness
02-01-2011, 09:23 PM
And St Johns is closer to where I live than Rutgers. I dont live in South Jersey I live right outisde NYC.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
also DoMeFavors, can you look anyone in the eyes and say that Johan Petro is the blueprint for greatness??????

Its a joke, I am poking fun at entire Blueprint for Greatness campaign. I am saying the Nets promoted that and came up with talent like Petro and Graham easily two of the worst NBA players.

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Its a joke, I am poking fun at entire Blueprint for Greatness campaign. I am saying the Nets promoted that and came up with talent like Petro and Graham easily two of the worst NBA players.

they could have used favors and harris and I would still get your joke...not laugh at it...but get it;)

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
The blue print for greatness should Be derrick favors the greatest rookie ever to play the game

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
they could have used favors and harris and I would still get your joke...not laugh at it...but get it;)

Im fine with leaving a former all star and future all star out of it.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Im fine with leaving a former all star and future all star out of it.

No you mean The future greatest Pf to play the game

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:29 PM
No you mean The future greatest Pf to play the game

Might happend I dont know, from what your saying it seems like you think im biased.

LongWayFromHome
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM

:laugh:

Flash3
02-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Might happend I dont know, from what your saying it seems like you think im biased.

orly you don't say

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:33 PM
orly you don't say

dont talke to the greatest poster on psd in that manner

tredigs
02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
If Blake isn't a regular All-Star, the rookies win. Period. Ibaka is a pretty great athlete/defender, but BG is a cyborg.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
If Blake isn't a regular All-Star, the rookies win. Period. Ibaka is a pretty great athlete/defender, but BG is a cyborg.

How so? Your acting like its an NBA championship team facing a junior high team. I think it will be a close battle.

Sixerlover
02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
And St Johns is closer to where I live than Rutgers. I dont live in South Jersey I live right outisde NYC.

Oh well I go to St Johns and am from Philly. Want to use me as market research on the difference between the areas?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh well I go to St Johns and am from Philly. Want to use me as market research on the difference between the areas?

I dont care about areas, I have been to Philly and pretty much just go there for a cheese steak or to see the Rocky Statue thats all there is to do. We were talking about Sixers and Nets and then he brought up Rutgers and Temple. So I was lost :confused:

Sixerlover
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I dont understand this at all? You didnt posts anything but insults. The LEAGUE put Derrick Favors in and didnt put Evan Turner in. I dont know what you want me to say. And saying the Sixers would be better if Nets had Melo is pretty disgraceful. I am not here to talk about tommrows game we will just have to see what happends. Personally I think Sixers will get rocked Nets are 6-1 at home in there last 7 home games.

:laugh2:

I know we are talking about irrelevant teams, but Harris - Morrow - Melo - Humphries - Lopez is much worse than a Denver team that we've beaten 3 times in a row. Far from disgraceful.

Robbw241
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM

I know we are talking about irrelevant teams, but Harris - Morrow - Melo - Humphries - Lopez is much worse than a Denver team that we've beaten 3 times in a row. Far from disgraceful.

How is that much worse then Denver, when we just beat them by 17 with Melo?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:48 PM

You are talking as if the Sixers are among the elites, and the proposed deal would have been a line up of this
Billups
Rip Hamilton
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

I am glad you beat the Nuggets, the 12 win Nets beat the Celtics last year. I guess that means we were better than them.

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
How is that much worse then Denver, when we just beat them by 17 with Melo?

stop going by a 1 game sample size...second night of back to back for denver, who isn't a good road team...and i see... you said WE, which means your a nets fan and have to agree with some of the junk domefavors writes..thats why you werent making sense earlier:facepalm:

Sixerlover
I dont care about areas, I have been to Philly and pretty much just go there for a cheese steak or to see the Rocky Statue thats all there is to do. We were talking about Sixers and Nets and then he brought up Rutgers and Temple. So I was lost :confused:

xxplayerxx23
A one on one battle doesnt matter. Just because you hate do me favors dont say anything. WIth melo they are better then phily sorry ;/

tredigs
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
How so? Your acting like its an NBA championship team facing a junior high team. I think it will be a close battle.

The two teams are fairly evenly matched if Blake doesn't play. The dude's already a superstar; with him they became too fast, too strong, and flat out too good to lose in an All-Star game like this. Curry, Ibaka, Derozan etc are good, but guys like Wall and Griffin were built to dominate in such a setting.

Sixerlover
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
You are talking as if the Sixers are among the elites, and the proposed deal would have been a line up of this
Billups
Rip Hamilton
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

I am glad you beat the Nuggets, the 12 win Nets beat the Celtics last year. I guess that means we were better than them.

Read.The.First.Sentence

I guess 3 consecutive wins over a 2 year span is equal to one win in your book huh? And that team isn't much better. Still not as good. Front court lacking, bench lacking even more.

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
A one on one battle doesnt matter. Just because you hate do me favors dont say anything. WIth melo they are better then phily sorry ;/

they are not. read what sixer lover just wrote about denver...they talent is better there with melo than what nj would have..and the sixers beat themm 3 in a row because they play defense and are better

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
No I agree denver with melo is better then Nj with melo hamilton and billups. Philly isnt better then denver i wasnt sure if thats what you meant Philly is better then denver. I am rooting for Philly to be the 7 seed and beat miami. No offense to miami fans.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Read.The.First.Sentence

I guess 3 consecutive wins over a 2 year span is equal to one win in your book huh? And that team isn't much better. Still not as good. Front court lacking, bench lacking even more.

Lopez and Humphries is a great front court, not lacking at all. But I guess since the Nets dont have Spencer Hawes we wouldnt have been good enough. Sorry for being wrong.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
If lopez rebounded i agree there would be no need for anything, They are talented but Lopez needs help rebounding

StriveGreatness
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Lopez and Humphries is a great front court, not lacking at all. But I guess since the Nets dont have Spencer Hawes we wouldnt have been good enough. Sorry for being wrong.

That word should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez.

Flash3
02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Billups
Rip Hamilton
Melo
Humphries
Lopez

i'm sorry but how's that best in the east ?

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
^ thats not even better then the Knicks

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
That word should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez.

Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez are a great front court, I am greatful they are so great!

Kashmir13579
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Just the way you respond, all you have to do is plead your opinion not comment something like "terrible post" or "you dont know anything"

how is saying you'd take anyone picked 3-38 over Turner not a terrible post? i don't get why anyone bothers arguing with you. are you really that ignorant or do you just like the attention you get?

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I would use the word soild not great

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
how is saying you'd take anyone picked 3-38 over Turner not a terrible post? i don't get why anyone bothers arguing with you. are you really that ignorant, or do you just like the attention you get?

to tell you the truth i am bored and nothing is really going on so why not :D

mossbball3
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM

a great front court huh?????? lopez doesnt rebound well enough for his size but yea i think he is viable and a starter on a good team. calling kris humpries a part of a great frontcourt should be something you print out and tape to the wall next to you laptop...ya know next to lotion you def do other things with :speechless:...he is a backup nba pf. yes spencer hawes is also a backup center and hopefully the sixers can acquire someone like chris kaman or a defense shot blocking center that isnt brian dead like samuel dalembert

Kashmir13579
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
to tell you the truth i am bored and nothing is really going on so why not :D

enabler.

xxplayerxx23
Humpfries is a good player great rebounder

Robbw241
how is saying you'd take anyone picked 3-38 over Turner not a terrible post? i don't get why anyone bothers arguing with you. are you really that ignorant or do you just like the attention you get?

Both. Everyone in the Nets forum hates him because he's an idiot so I guess he's taking his talents(lol) to the NBA forum.

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
enabler.

He would comment anyway im sorry :{:)

Flash3
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez are a great front court, I am greatful they are so great!

bynum and gasol must be legendary

StriveGreatness
02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
You know Philly fans I know we haven't really agreed on anything but I would like to commend you on trying to debate with me. I have pretty much owned you guys everything you have said and you are basically pandering to my greatness.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

You wanna explain this for me? You called out Philly fans for not going to their games but it looks like the Nets are last in attendance..

Flash3
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
You know Philly fans I know we haven't really agreed on anything but I would like to commend you on trying to debate with me. I have pretty much owned you guys everything you have said and you are basically pandering to my greatness.

no offense but may i ask how old you are ?

Giraffes Rule
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM

I don't think you understand what a debate is. None of you have been debating anything in this discussion.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
no offense but may i ask how old you are ?

That question is not offensive at all I am currently in my 6th decade on earth.

pebloemer
02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Davis, Turner and George are the snubs here. Davis missed first month of the season, Turner had rough start and O'Brien didn't give George enough burn. But all three of those rookies should be on the sophomores next year IMO.

Hard to slight Neal since he's played so well with the leagues best team.
Favors has draft pedigree, but so does Turner. He's had plenty of hype from the Melo drama though.
Bledsoe has had his moments. Definitely benefits from lack of PG's in this draft though.

Crackadalic
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Amare is coaching the Rookies and Melo is coaching the Soph just to let yall know

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM

:confused:

Wow just wow..... words cant describe how foolish you are sounding hell not even a facepalm would work. :speechless:

GodsSon
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Davis should be in over Favors and Monroe. I'm guessing the missed time due to injury held him back though.

Gators123
02-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Davis should be in over Favors and Monroe. I'm guessing the missed time due to injury held him back though.

Don't be a homer. Monroe has been better.

ee
02-01-2011, 10:49 PM

says a guy who has a turner sig lol! Turner has been a disappointment....The others are where they're supposed to be....

AntwanN21
02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Talka bout Gary Neal, Landry Fields both are great talents and are both excellentpick ups in draft. Ed Davis however, at #13 is probobly the biggest steal of the draft.

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Talka bout Gary Neal, Landry Fields both are great talents and are both excellentpick ups in draft. Ed Davis however, at #13 is probobly the biggest steal of the draft.

Havent seen much from him, hows he doing?

Flash3
02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Havent seen much from him, hows he doing?

If he says better than favors will you get offended ?

DoMeFavors
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
If he says better than favors will you get offended ?

Yes I would be because thats not what I asked.

Giraffes Rule
02-01-2011, 11:12 PM

Again, Gary Neal wasn't drafted. He declared for the 2007 draft, but nobody took him then. He's played for 4 different European teams since then, before being signed by the Spurs this off-season.

This is why I'm glad Neal will be in this game. Seems like nobody knows anything about him or his game. Definitely needs this kind of national exposure.

AntwanN21
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes I would be because thats not what I asked.

In limited minutes he is putting up 6.5 points and 6.3 rebounds. He does a lot on the defensive end ( block shots, alters shots). He has been sidelined a long time due to injury at the beginning of the year, but since his return has posted 4-5 double doubles and is showing a lot of great potential.

AntwanN21
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Again, Gary Neal wasn't drafted. He declared for the 2007 draft, but nobody took him then. He's played for 4 different European teams since then, before being signed by the Spurs this off-season.

This is why I'm glad Neal will be in this game. Seems like nobody knows anything about him or his game. Definitely needs this kind of national exposure.

really? I did not know that. Thanks for the insight. I watched him play a ton this year, and agaisnt the raptors. The kid can play.

Flash3
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
really? I did not know that. Thanks for the insight. I watched him play a ton this year, and agaisnt the raptors. The kid can play.

isnt he like 27 ?

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Ed davis should get more minutes. the reason i bring him up is Because of ur sig^ why doesnt he get More mins? I know he is hurt now but before

AntwanN21
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Ed davis should get more minutes. the reason i bring him up is Because of ur sig^ why doesnt he get More mins? I know he is hurt now but before

He returned from his injury a while back. He had an injury in the summer and the beginning of the season. He should get more minutes, and is starting to however coaching staff (as seen with derozan) likes to ease our players into the nba game apparently. Honestly, IMO he should be starting.

Giraffes Rule
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
isnt he like 27 ?

NYtilIdie
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Wall-Griffin-Cousins on the same team? Just bananas!

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
true story.

i am looking forward to this game and the sat. nite and the all star game.. this **** is gonna be mad ****in fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Flash3
02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
He returned from his injury a while back. He had an injury in the summer and the beginning of the season. He should get more minutes, and is starting to however coaching staff (as seen with derozan) likes to ease our players into the nba game apparently. Honestly, IMO he should be starting.

over bargnani i assume.... no offense but that guy is horrid

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Oh i went by what people were saying earlier saying he would play if he wasnt hurt lol. He is an animal on the boards. I think this kid can play time to get him 25+ mins a game at least

xxplayerxx23
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Flash3;16556047]over bargnani i assume.... no offense but that guy is horrid[/QUOTe

Bad rebounder but he can score. Start them both

AntwanN21
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
over bargnani i assume.... no offense but that guy is horrid

I'd have him starting over Amir Johsnon, just cause i like what amir brings off the bench. Davis does a good job of somewhat masking Bargnani's defense abilities and rebounding problems.

Gram
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM

I'd take Turner over Favors anyday, and I don't even like either of them.

kingbrentg
02-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Keep the fighting and off-topic nonsense out of here. Infractions will start being handed out if it continues. This thread is about the Rookies vs. Sophomores game.

Flash3
02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
haha awesome sig

GodsSon
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Don't be a homer. Monroe has been better.

It's close...Monroe has had a good month though

fadedmario
02-02-2011, 12:15 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

GodsSon
02-02-2011, 03:06 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Per 36 for both...

Davis

10.8 ppg
10.4 rpg
.7 apg
.6 spg
1.9 bpg
58 FG%

Monroe

10.4 ppg
9.5 rpg
1.3 apg
1.6 spg
.6 bpg
51 FG%

You're telling me it's not close between the two?? Even with Davis having a lower USG% but a higher offensive and defensive rating...

Facepalm yourself

Phenomenonsense
02-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Per 36 for both...

Davis

10.8 ppg
10.4 rpg
.7 apg
.6 spg
1.9 bpg
58 FG%

Monroe

10.4 ppg
9.5 rpg
1.3 apg
1.6 spg
.6 bpg
51 FG%

You're telling me it's not close between the two?? Even with Davis having a lower USG% but a higher offensive and defensive rating...

Facepalm yourself

It's essentially a wash based on per 36, but if he could come in night in and night out, as Monroe has done, and play well like that, then there is no way you start Amir Johnson over him. There is also the popularity aspect, and in the end, Monroe is putting up slightly better numbers on a better team. I like Davis, I like seeing him do well because if it weren't for the GSW Udoh pick, we'd probably either have him or Udoh.

LakersIn5
02-02-2011, 07:41 AM

dont you dare compare morrison to turner. atleast morrison made the rookie challange in his first year. and at this point in morrisons rookie year he was actually averaging like close to 15 ppg. and was #1 in the rookie race for a few weeks.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Per 36 for both...

Davis

10.8 ppg
10.4 rpg
.7 apg
.6 spg
1.9 bpg
58 FG%

Monroe

10.4 ppg
9.5 rpg
1.3 apg
1.6 spg
.6 bpg
51 FG%

Facepalm yourself

There's your problem right there!

If you really honestly think that Davis deserves to be there ahead of a player who has actually performed based on what Davis COULD possibly do IF given the chance too then you are really getting ahead of yourself.

Monroe has been stellar since becoming a starter and able to stay on the floor.

If you want to make a case for yourself using per/36 #s then Favors would theoretically have better numbers than Davis as well.

What you need to realize is that there is honestly no case for Davis over Monroe. None.

I love me some statistics but actual in game production and performance as a starting player in what Monroe has under his belt and that weighs much heavier than calculated per 36 numbers.

There's no case for that quite honestly. Favors yes. Monroe hell no.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
dont you dare compare morrison to turner. atleast morrison made the rookie challange in his first year. and at this point in morrisons rookie year he was actually averaging like close to 15 ppg. and was #1 in the rookie race for a few weeks.

:facepalm:

Do you even understand basketball?

Morrison was getting the playing time on a team that had a slot open for him to start and he couldn't even consistently get himself some decent #s. Evan while playing horribly hasn't had the opportunities that Morrison had in Charlotte.

In the 5 games in which Turner has started while Andre Iguodala was out he averaged 12.8ppg 8.2rpg 2.8apg 46% shooting, that is better than any 5 game stretch Adam Morrison had in his rookie season.

Also he played 31 minutes per game as compared to Turner's 24.

While Evan has been stellar on D Adam Morrison was downright AWFUL. There is no debating that Adam produced more when given the chance but he was not efficient in the very least.

Lastly Adam Morrison came into the league being compared to Larry Bird, Evan Turner was compared to Brandon Roy. His hard work and determination will see him having a much longer and better career than Adam Morrison.

alencp3
02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Wall-Fields-Wesley-Blake-Cousins/Monroe

30 points blowout IMO

Chronz
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Alls I gots to say is, how the hell did Derozen make the squad? Ed Davis and Paul George were snubbed no doubt and despite my allegiances I cant understand the Bledsoe selection.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Alls I gots to say is, how the hell did Derozen make the squad? Ed Davis and Paul George were snubbed no doubt and despite my allegiances I cant understand the Bledsoe selection.

Chronz I have been debating with my fellow 76ers fans on something if you want you can check out the discussion. Do you think a legit case can be made for Evan making the rookie squad?

Bledsoe was selected based on two things IMO.

His play as a starter and the fact that the game is in LA.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
So I'm assuming the starting lineups will be:

Rookies:

PG Wall
SG Fields
SF Johnson
PF Griffin
C Cousins

Sophmores:

PG Curry
SG Evans
SF DeRozan
PF Ibaka
C Blair

The Rooks have such a better big man rotation especially with Monroe rotating in, but the Sophs have a better guard rotation with Holliday and Jennings rotating in.

pd7631
02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
There's your problem right there!

If you really honestly think that Davis deserves to be there ahead of a player who has actually performed based on what Davis COULD possibly do IF given the chance too then you are really getting ahead of yourself.

Monroe has been stellar since becoming a starter and able to stay on the floor.

If you want to make a case for yourself using per/36 #s then Favors would theoretically have better numbers than Davis as well.

What you need to realize is that there is honestly no case for Davis over Monroe. None.

I love me some statistics but actual in game production and performance as a starting player in what Monroe has under his belt and that weighs much heavier than calculated per 36 numbers.

There's no case for that quite honestly. Favors yes. Monroe hell no.

You pretty much used the exact opposite of your argument here in regards to Turner v. Favors in the Sixers forum. If you're gonna argue one way, at least try and be consistent.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Can't wait to see Cousins run the break and launch 3's. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen.

Gators123
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I would like to see Griffin score 60+ points.

StriveGreatness
02-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I think Monroe scores 40.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
You pretty much used the exact opposite of your argument here in regards to Turner v. Favors in the Sixers forum. If you're gonna argue one way, at least try and be consistent.

I used the same basis (performance and production) here that I used in the 76ers forum. I also used per/36 numbers when I referred to what Favors could have possibly done when given the opportunity to get good minutes the same case the other poster used and only compared Davis to Monroe.

When I spoke of actual in game production and performance it was in relation to Monroe vs Ed Davis which was a huge difference over the past 2-3 weeks. I did say that he may have a case for Davis over Favors however.

I admitted my mistake and said that if giver adequate minutes (Per/32) Favors could be a much better player. I didn't base my entire argument solely on my Per minute equation but more so on a host of other factors as well. Didn't I?

How was I not consistent?

CityofTreez
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Blake & Boogie are going to tear **** up!

GTFO Gibson & Blair

Huntey
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think the Sophomores are going to get the win, im saying experience and scoring ability over the size and raw talent of the rooks. Shame about Harden though, he's deserves a spot.

Mplsman
02-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Rookies are going to kill.

Phenomenonsense
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Wall-Fields-Wesley-Blake-Cousins/Monroe

30 points blowout IMO

Yea, the Rooks have so much more size, and they actually have a SF lol. Still shake my head at 6 guards for the Sophomores.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
People said the now sophomore team wouldn't win last year because of size. Then DeJuan Blair destroyed everyone.

Sixerlover
02-02-2011, 07:48 PM
The Rook Soph game isn't some game with post play and interior defense, it's all star game for people wet behind the ears :laugh2:

The team with the best perimeter players will normally win

gbrl
02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
People said the now sophomore team wouldn't win last year because of size. Then DeJuan Blair destroyed everyone.

didnt he have like a perfect game

DerekRE_3
02-02-2011, 07:53 PM
didnt he have like a perfect game

22 points and 23 boards. It was the Reke Blair show.

Chronz
02-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Chronz I have been debating with my fellow 76ers fans on something if you want you can check out the discussion. Do you think a legit case can be made for Evan making the rookie squad?

Bledsoe was selected based on two things IMO.

His play as a starter and the fact that the game is in LA.

No case

Bledsoe lost the starting gig cuz he couldnt keep up his torrid start, coincidental evidence at best. Most players do tend to play better in the starting lineup but I treat these selections under the same criteria as the All-Star game. What matters is the totality of your contributions, Im not going to flat out ignore the ****** play off the bench just because he was much better as a starter. There is no guarantee that he maintains his production simply by being named a starter, its more likely he hit the rookie wall or teams began playing off him and hes yet to adjust. This would have happened no matter what.

I actually think he made the team just off the fact that they needed another PG.

Phenomenonsense
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Blair won't do that to this team. Not to Griffin, not to Cousins, and not to Monroe. The team had 2 SFs last year in Casspi and Jerebko, Jerebko adding a lot of size. Now they'll have an average of like 6'6" on the court.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Blair won't do that to this team. Not to Griffin, not to Cousins, and not to Monroe. The team had 2 SFs last year in Casspi and Jerebko, Jerebko adding a lot of size. Now they'll have an average of like 6'6" on the court.

You're treating this like a real game. It's not.

ElMarroAfamado
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM

its like saying I hate Corey Maggette I mean Lebron James.

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Ed Davis should of made the team over Favors and Demar going for 40 leading the soph to a victory

Chacarron
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Rookie team is amazing.

mttwlsn16
02-02-2011, 09:33 PM

how does that not make sense, hes calling turner morrison bc he was supposed to be great and turns out a huge bust...granted turner still has time, but ya that made total sense

Gram
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
You're treating this like a real game. It's not.

What is it then? lol. Of course it's a game.

DerekRE_3
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
What is it then? lol. Of course it's a game.

So they run sets, give 100% on the glass and on defense?

pd7631
02-02-2011, 10:26 PM

Good call.

Sixerlover
02-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I am not here to talk about tommrows game we will just have to see what happends. Personally I think Sixers will get rocked Nets are 6-1 at home in there last 7 home games.

Philadelphia 76ers - 106
New Jersey Nets - 92

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
It's essentially a wash based on per 36, but if he could come in night in and night out, as Monroe has done, and play well like that, then there is no way you start Amir Johnson over him. There is also the popularity aspect, and in the end, Monroe is putting up slightly better numbers on a better team. I like Davis, I like seeing him do well because if it weren't for the GSW Udoh pick, we'd probably either have him or Udoh.

Thats debateable.

Gators123
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Thats debateable.

They both suck, but how is it debatable?

Pistons - 17-31

Raptors- 13-37

And Pistons are 2-1 against Toronto this year.

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Have you seen Amir Johnson play???? You underate Amir Johnson and Way OVERATE Austin Daye. Last time I checked daye was averaging 6.7ppg and his defence is pretty bad and you think he should of made the soph team lol. Demar is a way better player, different tier of player and you think Austin Daye should of made it over him???

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
They both suck, but how is it debatable?

Pistons - 17-31

Raptors- 13-37

And Pistons are 2-1 against Toronto this year.

dont forget the pistons blew a 29 point lead and plus the Raptors are goin to be better next year and in the future. Raps got better pieces going forward. Raps also have dealt with injuries all season long. Barbosa, Evans, Kleiza, Weems, Calderon, Bayless, Amir. The Raps played game using only 7 players once. Pistons have been healthy all season long and the pistons are only have won 4 more games???

Gators123
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
dont forget the pistons blew a 29 point lead and plus the Raptors are goin to be better next year and in the future. Raps got better pieces going forward. Raps also have dealt with injuries all season long. Barbosa, Evans, Kleiza, Weems, Calderon, Bayless, Amir. The Raps played game using only 7 players once. Pistons have been healthy all season long and the pistons are only have won 4 more games???

And the Raptors are on a 13 game losing streak. I don't get what your trying to prove?

Pistons have a better record....

And are you sure the Pistons are fully healthy? Jonas Jerebko hasn't played a game all year.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thats debateable.

Start a thread because I really would love to see that debate.

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
And the Raptors are on a 13 game losing streak. I don't get what your trying to prove?

Pistons have a better record....

And are you sure the Pistons are fully healthy? Jonas Jerebko hasn't played a game all year.

1 player vs 7 players hmmmmmm

DwayneMVPwade
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM

sarcasm or are you serious??

Sixerlover
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Oh yeah

junion
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I like this lineup.. I'm going with Rookies.

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
sarcasm or are you serious??

I'm as serious as a heart attack.

It would be interesting,

Rego247
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm as serious as a heart attack.

It would be interesting,

Interesting?

comparing raps and the pistons is like comparing two piles of **** and trying to find out which is more brown.

we suck, and they suck. nothing interesting there.

GodsSon
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Interesting?

comparing raps and the pistons is like comparing two piles of **** and trying to find out which is more brown.

lol +1

Swashcuff
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Interesting?

So we compare good teams all the time, why not compare bad ones? I see no logic behind that, because a team plays badly they should not be discussed.

Rego247
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
So we compare good teams all the time, why not compare bad ones? I see no logic behind that, because a team plays badly they should not be discussed.

i know what ur saying. comparing good teams is fine. even putting one ****** team under the microscope and analyzing how good there are is ok (i.e. cavs). however, when ur comparing two **** teams, seperated by 4 wins, that doesnt stimulate a whole lot of intellectual debate. a majority of these threads result in homers bashing the other team. all im saying is a bos vs la debate is much more stimulating than a tor vs det debate. case and point - the thread which just got closed.