PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it obvious Carmelo Anthony is trying to decieve the public?

NYSpirit1
02-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Carmelo wants to be the Anti-LeBron.

It's pretty obvious at this point. He continually says things he doesn't mean, when privately he's telling the Nuggets that he wants to go to the Knicks.

First it was the stupid ESPN interview where he said something about thinking about playing at the new arena in Brooklyn and how great that would be.

When the Nuggets wanted him to actually meet with the Nets and it was going to happen for real, Melo said something like, 'I'm not going to talk to any other team.'

But now that he knows for sure he's not going to the Nets it's, 'I would have met with the Nets.'

When he says he didn't get a text message from Amare, he's probably lying. I highly doubt Yahoo Sports' top journalist Adrian Wojanarowski would report a big story with the actual text that went down unless it happened.

Now that all the Net-related talk is gone, it's now the Nuggets or the Knicks and he's publicly saying he hasn't dismissed the option of resigning with the Nuggets. But really, if he wanted to stay with the Nuggets, he would have signed the extension last summer. This entire thing is ridiculous. The Nuggets just need to trade him, even though they deserve to lose him for nothing.

It's ridiculous that people turned on LeBron and now it's made superstars afraid to tell the truth. Who cares if Lebron left the Cavs? I don't know why people hate him so much. And now Carmelo is afraid of getting booed around arenas in the NBA, like LeBron is. Which is why everything he's saying condescends the previous thing he said.

Young and Stupid
02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
This is a completely objective assessment. Great stuff.

llemon
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Of course 'Melo is full of crap.

But many NBA fans are clueless idiots.

Chronz
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Dont let kblo see this post, he thinks Melo has done no wrong

SportsAndrew25
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah. He is under immense pressure to not pull a Lebron.

Steelers23_06
02-01-2011, 02:33 PM

It's pretty obvious at this point. He continually says things he doesn't mean, when privately he's telling the Nuggets that he wants to go to the Knicks.

First it was the stupid ESPN interview where he said something about thinking about playing at the new arena in Brooklyn and how great that would be.

When the Nuggets wanted him to actually meet with the Nets and it was going to happen for real, Melo said something like, 'I'm not going to talk to any other team.'

But now that he knows for sure he's not going to the Nets it's, 'I would have met with the Nets.'

When he says he didn't get a text message from Amare, he's probably lying. I highly doubt Yahoo Sports' top journalist Adrian Wojanarowski would report a big story with the actual text that went down unless it happened.

Now that all the Net-related talk is gone, it's now the Nuggets or the Knicks and he's publicly saying he hasn't dismissed the option of resigning with the Nuggets. But really, if he wanted to stay with the Nuggets, he would have signed the extension last summer. This entire thing is ridiculous. The Nuggets just need to trade him, even though they deserve to lose him for nothing.

It's ridiculous that people turned on LeBron and now it's made superstars afraid to tell the truth. Who cares if Lebron left the Cavs? I don't know why people hate him so much. And now Carmelo is afraid of getting booed around arenas in the NBA, like LeBron is. Which is why everything he's saying condescends the previous thing he said.

i agree 100% he doesnt want the backlash and is saying everything that sounds good to the public, but doing whats best for him. but really who would want what lebron has? he is now one of the most hated people in sports when he didnt cheat on his wife with multiple women, didnt get accused of forcing himself onto a girl, didnt get convicted of killing dog, or shooting himself...all he did was switch teams. this is ameriica we have forgiven people for worse things. in the words of rodney king "cant we all just get along?" lol

and as for the text idk about that i read soooooo many reports saying they knew lebron was going to the knicks, bulls, clippers, heat, nets and even mavericks. its journalism they want their article to be read and dont care how they do. half the stuff you read about free agents and trade rumors is bogus.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Can't wait til the 24th so this soap opera will be over..

210Don
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
good i dont wanna end up hating melo too... hes way smarter than queen

JayTee1981
02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
good i dont wanna end up hating melo too... hes way smarter than queen

my thoughts exactly

chicago lulz
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I really haven't followed this Melo stuff, but how many of these claims and such are by 'sources' and how many of these claims are made by Melo himself? Like on video straight from his mouth?

Kashmir13579
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Knicks fans will love him

JordansBulls
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM

I understand where you are coming from and I do believe that any star that makes it known he wants out should be critisized. However in Melo's situation vs Bron's situation the big difference here is with Melo's is he didn't create a TV show saying he was leaving. Nor do I believe he will decide to play with another top 3/4 player in the league.

PhillyFaninLA
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Carmelo has done nothing wrong. He's been honest and more or less consistent with public comments, and I'm referring to direct quotes from him. As for his original comments about the Nets he said its not his job to meet with other teams and that is accurate, he never said he publicly he wouldn't, if you read is actual words and not what others have said you see that is what he said.

The Nuggets have done nothing wrong. They have the right to trade him or keep him and let him possibly walk. They have the duty to the franchise to get the most in return.

The Lebron situation has nothing to do with this and some people need to move on from that and get on with there lives.

llemon
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
However in Melo's situation vs Bron's situation the big difference here is with Melo's is he didn't create a TV show saying he was leaving.

He didn't get the opportunity..........yet.

Chubbs05
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Couple things...
1) There are very few similarities between Melo and Lebron... Melo wants to 'go' home, Bron wanted to 'leave' home... Lebron wanted teams to come to him and suck his d*ck, Melo has been very upfront with the teams he would be interested in playing with. Aside from NJ, what team is really talking about acquirinig him (even the bulls have moved on... fans won't hate on him because they have not been given the opportunity to envision him in their uniform)

2) Melo needs to shut up. Rumors have died down... why say anything? Just let it lay out. He only looks like an idiot saying things like I was going to meet with them. Fact is, if he was going to they would have. You want to go to Knicks, everyone knows you want to go to knicks... just ride it out.

EXCEPT... if he is trying to instigate a bidding war again so that he can get paid (maybe the money is more important than whatwe all think)

nwilder
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
People hate LeBron because he didn't go to their teams. Same thing will happen to Melo. The thing is there is no one way to please everyone. Whatever you do is gonna get some people mad and some people happy. In another forum, I have seen people creating sigs with LeBron in their own uniforms last year around this time or even before that. Those people loved LeBron like there's no tomorrow thinking that he was going to their teams. The same people now hate him. Hypocrisy at it's best. Same is waiting for Melo.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
at the nets game yesterday ALOT of people were booing melo hard everytime he touched the ball.
i did not boo him at all....he is my second fav. player to be in the league and wither he comes to jersey/BK stays in denver or even ends up playin in MSG i still wont hate him.
hell i kinda feel bad for the guy..then i think hell he has millions ..hahaha

NYY09
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Between this, the summer of LeDousche, and the impending CP3, Deron nonsense thats right around the corner I'm starting to think Barnum & Bailey run this thing called the NBA. Completely comical and sad at the same time. :pity:

llemon
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
People hate LeBron because he didn't go to their teams. Same thing will happen to Melo. The thing is there is no one way to please everyone. Whatever you do is gonna get some people mad and some people happy. In another forum, I have seen people creating sigs with LeBron in their own uniforms last year around this time or even before that. Those people loved LeBron like there's no tomorrow thinking that he was going to their teams. The same people now hate him. Hypocrisy at it's best. Same is waiting for Melo.

Give it a rest. Lebron has earned every ounce of hate he has received.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Love those Knicks fans saying:

Melo is lying when it is a direct quote and "they" know he is privately saying Knicks only.

Dude - you really need to check yourself. Really believe what you hear and fight to quiet those "voices" talking to you about what isn't true and isn't being said.

It is really simple. He wants to join a contender.

NY you might be more concerned about putting together a contending team and system. At best you are short on 4 out of 5 positions. Amare is pretty good, but you keep playing him max out like it is going - he ain't gonna be around long with that long long max 5 contract. Melo is very aware Dantoni's system has never done well in the playoffs.

I just wish Denver would make that last big move for a player on the team THIS year. Would Melo leave a team that won the Finals?

PC
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Love those Knicks fans saying:

Melo is lying when it is a direct quote and "they" know he is privately saying Knicks only.

Dude - you really need to check yourself. Really believe what you hear and fight to quiet those "voices" talking to you about what isn't true and isn't being said.

It is really simple. He wants to join a contender.

NY you might be more concerned about putting together a contending team and system. At best you are short on 4 out of 5 positions. Amare is pretty good, but you keep playing him max out like it is going - he ain't gonna be around long with that long long max 5 contract. Melo is very aware Dantoni's system has never done well in the playoffs.

I just wish Denver would make that last big move for a player on the team THIS year. Would Melo leave a team that won the Finals?

I can see what you're getting at in the first part of your post but the part I bolded is confusing me. D'Antoni in his 4 full seasons in Phoenix won 60 games twice, won the division 3 times, and made it to the Western Conference finals twice. Now you can argue that he's never won it all but at the same time, you can make a case that the Suns should have won it all in 05. Lets not forget he did that all in the West which is still the superior conference

iggypop123
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
he is being the anti lebron by simply not having a tv show on his FA.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
The simple fact the game slows way down. All out offense with no defense hasn't had alot of success. You know the old adage Defense wins Chumpionships. I think most experts agree with this and has maintained Dantonis systems wins alot of games but falls short in the playoffs. IE Their biggest strength becomes their biggest weakness in the playoffs.

dtmagnet
02-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Between this, the summer of LeDousche, and the impending CP3, Deron nonsense thats right around the corner I'm starting to think Barnum & Bailey run this thing called the NBA. Completely comical and sad at the same time. :pity:

That's putting it lightly.

barreleffact
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I can see what you're getting at in the first part of your post but the part I bolded is confusing me. D'Antoni in his 4 full seasons in Phoenix won 60 games twice, won the division 3 times, and made it to the Western Conference finals twice. Now you can argue that he's never won it all but at the same time, you can make a case that the Suns should have won it all in 05. Lets not forget he did that all in the West which is still the superior conference

How so? The top teams in the East are consitently better than the top teams in the West. forget the bottom of the playoffs. those top 4 are all that matter and those are as competitive as it gets.

as for the d'antoni system and 05, what ifs are everywhere. they dont matter. a better argument in all honestly is every year only one team wins. success cant only be rings. MJ made players careers unsuccessful by that measure. in truth just making the conference finals is a huge mark. much better than melo ever did aside from one season. plus, d'antoni is the same as george karl except better. all offense no defense but smoother offense.

NYY09
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
That's putting it lightly.

OK how bout this, the NBA is on the precipice of becoming a total joke. The players and owners should be locked out for being total morons. The last few years have demonstrated just how incapable they are of running a respectable league, which in turn has fueled the players to run amok and create things like this "Unhappy" garbage. :pity:

Knickfansince97
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
WHO CARES move on with your lives people he's not getting traded nothings going to happen anytime soon. Sick of these dumb stories.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Dantonis defense rank this year is 29th. next to last
George Karls defense rank is 15th. Middle of the pack
Georges team plays defense. Some players don't play much D - "Melo"
Deantonis doesnt play defense.

Muttman73
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the NBA has the most drama?

Mudvayne91
02-01-2011, 06:04 PM
^ It's no drama, it's Melo-drama. BARF!

llemon
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the NBA has the most drama?

The NBA LOVES the drama as it appeals to the section of their audience that are idiots.

pd1dish
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM

i think that the players just have too much power in the NBA. if a star player wants to play somewhere, there is nothing stopping him. he can scream and pout at his current team and that team has no choice but to trade him because they know they will lose him the first chance he gets.

i think that FA is stupid (or at least the way it works). i dont think that a FA should be able to blatantly choose where he wants to go. i think that it should work on a waiver line. for example....

say the heat, a year ago, were 25th on the waiver line. D wade was a FA, lebron was a FA, and bosh was a FA. i think that if the heat are renewing a contract (in wades case), then they get first dibs on that player (kind of like how restricted FA works). as for lebron and bosh, if the heat want lebron over bosh, then they should have to wait for the first 24 teams to pass him up and if lebron is still there then they can sign lebron. if they get lebron and still want bosh, then they have to wait for the waiver line to come back around at 25. however, lets say that the jazz were sitting at 22 and the jazz pick up bosh. well, then thats too bad for the heat and for bosh. even if bosh wanted to be on the heat, he would have no choice in this system. this way, if a player wants out of their current team, then they are taking a chance of getting picked up to a team they dont want to be at. this takes away a lot of power from the players and it would also lead to more superstars waiting it out at their current team to see if they can build around that star.

im not trying to hate on the heat, btw. im just using it as an example because its the most recent we have seen of superstars switching teams.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Dont let kblo see this post, he thinks Melo has done no wrong

he hasnt...

llemon
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
i think that the players just have too much power in the NBA. if a star player wants to play somewhere, there is nothing stopping him. he can scream and pout at his current team and that team has no choice but to trade him because they know they will lose him the first chance he gets.

i think that FA is stupid (or at least the way it works). i dont think that a FA should be able to blatantly choose where he wants to go. i think that it should work on a waiver line. for example....

say the heat, a year ago, were 25th on the waiver line. D wade was a FA, lebron was a FA, and bosh was a FA. i think that if the heat are renewing a contract (in wades case), then they get first dibs on that player (kind of like how restricted FA works). as for lebron and bosh, if the heat want lebron over bosh, then they should have to wait for the first 24 teams to pass him up and if lebron is still there then they can sign lebron. if they get lebron and still want bosh, then they have to wait for the waiver line to come back around at 25. however, lets say that the jazz were sitting at 22 and the jazz pick up bosh. well, then thats too bad for the heat and for bosh. even if bosh wanted to be on the heat, he would have no choice in this system. this way, if a player wants out of their current team, then they are taking a chance of getting picked up to a team they dont want to be at. this takes away a lot of power from the players and it would also lead to more superstars waiting it out at their current team to see if they can build around that star.

im not trying to hate on the heat, btw. im just using it as an example because its the most recent we have seen of superstars switching teams.

Players do have too much power, and it's the owners that gave it to them.

llemon
02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
he hasnt...

ppuuuuhhhhhhh-leeeeze.

Enemey
02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
How so? The top teams in the East are consitently better than the top teams in the West. forget the bottom of the playoffs. those top 4 are all that matter and those are as competitive as it gets.

as for the d'antoni system and 05, what ifs are everywhere. they dont matter. a better argument in all honestly is every year only one team wins. success cant only be rings. MJ made players careers unsuccessful by that measure. in truth just making the conference finals is a huge mark. much better than melo ever did aside from one season. plus, d'antoni is the same as george karl except better. all offense no defense but smoother offense.

Negative. The only "elite" team from the west thats not as great as the others are the defending Champs Lakers. Spurs, Mavs, and hornets have a winning record against the east top teams. The west is competitive from top to bottom from the spurs all the way down to clippers unlike the east where the W/L records for the top teams can be a bit fooling like the 2009 and 2010 Cavs and also the Hawks.

I Don't think the Hawks or Magic are an elite teams and unsure of the Bulls . If portland, and the Suns, played in the east with all the injuries they've had they'd be probably have the same record as the Magic and Hawks.

DJYankee
02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
The fact that he keeps denying he doesn't know what's going on is the thing that's bothering me or what he's going to do is bothering me. Just trade him to the Knicks already.

BrahCake954
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
hes a ***** trying to garner as much attention as lebron, clearly hes mad. he aint gettin as much

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
The fact he hasn't been traded is almost like he really isn't interested in being traded to the Knicks? NY has offered a pretty good package huh?

So where does he want to go?

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
The fact he hasn't been traded is almost like he really isn't interested in being traded to the Knicks? NY has offered a pretty good package huh?

So where does he want to go?
Makes no sense, Denver doesn't like NY's offer.

llemon
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Makes no sense, Denver doesn't like NY's offer.

But, it is an offer

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
But, it is an offer
Doesn't matter, he's insinuating Melo doesn't want to be a Knick since they offered a deal and the trade didn't go down. But the reason the trade didn't occur is because Denver rejected it, not Melo.

heathonater
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
no one really knows how the new cba will work out with max contracts. if the nuggets dont trade him by the deadline and melo becomes a fa after that, he could stand to lose quite a bit of money. the nuggets shouldnt trade melo for nothing, they should keep him unless a really good deal comes up.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Who says Denver doesn't like the offer. You think they will like letting him walk for nothing?

The offer looks pretty good to me. What other offer looks better?

Steelers23_06
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM

lmao your right you should hate a guy for switching teams...get a life

im ur fatha
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Melo is one of my fav players cuz when hes focused he can compete with the best, but all of this needs to stop Melo should just say where he is going to go or stay in Denver where everyone loves him, btw im from Chicago

llemon
02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Doesn't matter, he's insinuating Melo doesn't want to be a Knick since they offered a deal and the trade didn't go down. But the reason the trade didn't occur is because Denver rejected it, not Melo.

Of course Denver rejected it. They were trying to bleed the Nets, to the point of threatening to trade 'Melo to the Knicks.

'Melo could have stopped this at anytime, stating he wouldn't sign an extension with a team that was being stripped of all their attributes.

But that didn't happen, did it?

Now, I'm sure the Knicks offer is looking A WHOLE LOT BETTER to the Nuggets.

Only problem is that Knick offer is going to be shrinking as the trade deadline draws closer.

'Melo still may get his money (but maybe not), but the Nuggets overplayed their hand BIGTIME, and will now most likely suffer the consequences.

But I could be wrong about the results, as this is the NBA, where the weird, perverted and downright stupid happens.

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Who says Denver doesn't like the offer. You think they will like letting him walk for nothing?

The offer looks pretty good to me. What other offer looks better?
They didn't accept the offer, so obviously they didn't like it. Sure they don't want to let him walk away, which is why they're waiting it out. Maybe the Nets re-enter trade talks, Houston and Chicago are other options, or the Knicks step up their offer. Nuggets have options right now and they will wait until the trade deadline unless one of Melo's preferred destinations comes up with a great offer.

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Of course Denver rejected it. They were trying to bleed the Nets, to the point of threatening to trade 'Melo to the Knicks.

'Melo could have stopped this at anytime, stating he wouldn't sign an extension with a team that was being stripped of all their attributes.

But that didn't happen, did it?

Now, I'm sure the Knicks offer is looking A WHOLE LOT BETTER to the Nuggets.

Only problem is that Knick offer is going to be shrinking as the trade deadline draws closer.

'Melo still may get his money (but maybe not), but the Nuggets overplayed their hand BIGTIME, and will now most likely suffer the consequences.

But I could be wrong about the results, as this is the NBA, where the weird, perverted and downright stupid happens.
I'm talking about Denver rejecting the Knick offer, not the Nets.

fadedmario
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Carmelo is worse than Lebron.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna ask the question again. Who says Denver has rejected the offer? Looks good to me, doesn't it to you? Denver has a solid offer (from NY) for a guy they are gonna lose if they don't take the offer, and the offer is dwindling as time goes on. I hear Denver likes the assets and the pics look as good as they can get. Why isn't the deal done? Time won't help. It is a better offer then his other team willing to go to Chicago.

Is it Melo?

Kakaroach
02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I'd say he has become worse than LeBron because this fiasco has gone on during the season and severely affected his team. At least LeBron waited until the off-season.

llemon
02-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm talking about Denver rejecting the Knick offer, not the Nets.

In my first sentence, 'Of course Denver rejected it', I was referring to Denver rejecting the Knicks offer.

llemon
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=d nuggets fan;16553544]I'm gonna ask the question again. Who says Denver has rejected the offer?QUOTE]

I'm saying it.

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm gonna ask the question again. Who says Denver has rejected the offer? Looks good to me, doesn't it to you? Denver has a solid offer (from NY) for a guy they are gonna lose if they don't take the offer, and the offer is dwindling as time goes on. I hear Denver likes the assets and the pics look as good as they can get. Why isn't the deal done? Time won't help. It is a better offer then his other team willing to go to Chicago.

Is it Melo?

Time can definitely help. The Knicks can possibly become desperate as time goes on, or around the trade deadline another team can become involved.

In my first sentence, 'Of course Denver rejected it', I was referring to Denver rejecting the Knicks offer.

Oh ok. Well I think Denver dragged it out because of the ambiguity of the process. Melo didn't come out and blatantly state whether or not he would extend with NJ, so it seemed like the Nuggets wanted to stall and then apply pressure on Melo to accept the extension with the Nets.

KingPosey
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I STILL dont get what Melo has done. They could have traded him to the Nets, or anyone else. But they tried to pressure him into signing an extension with a team he didnt want to. Thats not something he should be obligated to do.

llemon
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I STILL dont get what Melo has done.

That says a lot about your perspective of what is going on in the NBA.

chicago lulz
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM

lmao your right you should hate a guy for switching teams...get a life

I think it's more so the fact that he did "The Decision". That one our special on a one sentence answer to a question. It's not like every team had a chance at him, and the hate comes from all fans. Not just those who had a 'chance'.

As for myself, I'm not mad he didn't come. You can't hate someone for switching teams, and he was trying to put himself in the best position to win a championship. That's teaming up with Wade and Bosh, two stellar players. I'm sure I would be mad if I was a Cleveland fan though, because it's been a fairly boring/horrible season for them, which I feel they deserve.

Bishnoff
02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
As long as Melo is honest with the Nuggets organisation and fan base, and doesn't hold a 1 hour ESPN special to announce the outcome of this saga then I'm sure NBA fans won't hate him.

Anilyzer
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Wouldn't you lie too, if the media and the Nuggets PR people all piled onto you and tried to pressure you to make a decision and play somewhere you didn't want to play?

If everytime you said ANYTHING it gets endlessly analyzed and commented on and blogged and rebroadcast and re-edited.

The interview you mention is a perfect example. Carmelo clearly says he doesn't know about any NJ trade offer, trade scenario, whatever. He is trying to be polite but he is telling the truth.

I don't know why ESPN and all them can't figure this simple thing out. They know there is a story in there, somewhere, but as you point out, Carmelo can't say anything because he doesn't want to be a Lebron, and he also can't get the Knicks in trouble for tampering or whatever--so he can't say anything.

So... there's a HUGE story, but there is no information. And so any rumor or bs press release out of the Nuggets or their publicity firms makes front page headling ESPN news, even though it is sheer speculation or wishful thinking, in other words, giant bs. The whole "Carmelo will meet with NJ" story that was everywhere in the media for two solid weeks was just complete nonsense, and when somebody finally got around to asking Carmelo, all the NJ owner could do was cancel the (non-existent) meeting to save face, because Carmelo was never meeting with NJ, was never going to sign with NJ, and the whole thing was cooked up by Denver like some kind of bait and switch scheme.

Then, what can the media do accept ask "why is Carmelo being so indecisive?" or "why has Carmelo tricked us?"

The basic fact is that Carmelo has said what he would do from the beginning, and stuck to that. Yes he is trying to be polite. But he is definitely not lying. When the season is over, and he signs with the knicks, then you can look back at the entire year and say "oh, riight" and it will all make sense. Don't you worry.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I think players are fined if they discuss where they want to go or don't want to go. A big NO NO.

As the title says seems like someone isn't being truthful. But assuming it is Melo rejecting all offers except NY or Denver is rejecting NY aren't congruent. If there was a deal on the table that looked fairly good and it is where the Melo wanted to go - seems like the deal would go down. Or the player would start taking it out on the team in terms of play. Melo is playing consistently at a high level. Amazingly so. It doesn't seem like he is getting a deal held from where he wants to go peeps. That doesn't add up. I watch him every game. That dog don't hunt.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
So Denver would rather wait it out and lose everything versus facilitate a trade by the deadline with NY.

DSWT - Dude Seriously Wacked Thinking.

NetsWantWins
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Melo needs to be honest just respectively tell Organization straight up to tell fans and media the truth.

nwilder
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM

NOPE, he hasn't. He is hated mainly because he didn't go to other teams. If you otherwise then I would assume you are not being honest.

nwilder
02-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd say he has become worse than LeBron because this fiasco has gone on during the season and severely affected his team. At least LeBron waited until the off-season.

True. I remember LeBron STFU the media before the game in Miami. He said I won't talk about it until the season ends and I think he kept his words.

llemon
02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
NOPE, he hasn't. He is hated mainly because he didn't go to other teams. If you otherwise then I would assume you are not being honest.

Guess we just have different opinions. That's what makes the world go around, although the world's rotation goes around at a slightly tilted angle.

smith&wesson
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
dont let the media fool you , its propaganda, and its all designed to capture your interest.

they build the players up , and then they break the players down. they do this to creat buzz and excitement.

were not excited, infact were kinda bored. trade him already..any where!! it doest matter any more. its become very very stale news.

you can blame lebron, melo, whoever .. just remember these guys have a choice as to where they want to play all this drama and bs is created by the media not the players.

as far as ive seen melo has been pretty straight up with the nuggets, and what else can you ask of the guy ? some ppl just want someone to place judgment on. place your judgment on the media. where all of this noise is created in the first place.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I agree it is the media at the center of the problem here.

Melo along with 20 other good players aren't contracted for the coming years. Let it go already.

And let's assume when a player like Melo wants to play on a "contender" we belive him and not buy into the "he is lying and actually wants to go to NY because my mothers brothers sister in memphis told me so" It is simple. He wants to play for a contender and doesn't believe Denver is gonna contend ie trade me, bring in better players or lose me at the end of this season. Where he is going is unknown probably for him too. Sorry NY fans - your kidding yourselves.

KingPosey
02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
That says a lot about your perspective of what is going on in the NBA.

heaven forbid I dont think he is the villian. Ill try and check ur posts before I do so we can have the same point of view on everything.

At this point, it is more annoying than the LBJ stuff was, but what LBJ did was S@#$%y as it gets. Melo is frustrated because he cant say anything, the media is constantly leaking "rumors", and the big thing that has happened is that he didnt want to sign an extension for a team he didnt choose to play for. Its not Melo, its the media. If they could have, they would have been a trillion times worse last year. Plus, the Cavs werent trying to trade LBJ mid year, so there was no story.

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Melo along with 20 other good players aren't contracted for the coming years. Let it go already.

And let's assume when a player like Melo wants to play on a "contender" we belive him and not buy into the "he is lying and actually wants to go to NY because my mothers brothers sister in memphis told me so" It is simple. He wants to play for a contender and doesn't believe Denver is gonna contend ie trade me, bring in better players or lose me at the end of this season. Where he is going is unknown probably for him too. Sorry NY fans - your kidding yourselves.

I think Melo's desire to play in NY is mostly the market. Denver is a contending team, I doubt that's the issue. Plus, if he really cared about winning, he would just wait out the season and sign with NY without ever thinking about the extension. It's true, a lot of it is speculation, but your view is flawed.

So Denver would rather wait it out and lose everything versus facilitate a trade by the deadline with NY.

DSWT - Dude Seriously Wacked Thinking.

I think players are fined if they discuss where they want to go or don't want to go. A big NO NO.

As the title says seems like someone isn't being truthful. But assuming it is Melo rejecting all offers except NY or Denver is rejecting NY aren't congruent. If there was a deal on the table that looked fairly good and it is where the Melo wanted to go - seems like the deal would go down. Or the player would start taking it out on the team in terms of play. Melo is playing consistently at a high level. Amazingly so. It doesn't seem like he is getting a deal held from where he wants to go peeps. That doesn't add up. I watch him every game. That dog don't hunt.

Denver does not like the deal. They rejected it. I'm a Knick fan, and I understand that deal is nowhere near NJ's package. They're very reluctant to trade with NY for what they see as an inferior offer. And Melo's numbers have declined a little bit this year. He hasn't been horrible, but that's more of his desire to not be seen as a villain like LeBron most likely.

WizFan3
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Drama queen

llemon
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
heaven forbid I dont think he is the villian. Ill try and check ur posts before I do so we can have the same point of view on everything.

At this point, it is more annoying than the LBJ stuff was, but what LBJ did was S@#$%y as it gets. Melo is frustrated because he cant say anything, the media is constantly leaking "rumors", and the big thing that has happened is that he didnt want to sign an extension for a team he didnt choose to play for. Its not Melo, its the media. If they could have, they would have been a trillion times worse last year. Plus, the Cavs werent trying to trade LBJ mid year, so there was no story.

Excuse me, I should have said " this provides ME with MY perspective of YOUR perception of what is going on in the NBA".

BallIsAll
02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
I see it like this.

Melo has not told the nuggets he would only sign an extension with the knicks and that the knicks are his top choice. If so a deal would have already been made with the knicks as no team is willing to lose their star for nothing. I also do not think he just wants to go to a contender, I believe location is very important to him.

In essence what matters to him I believe is

Money + Location + Potential to compete in the future

Many have said he doesn't want to come to NJ because no one attends games. Who would people be attending these games for? Why waste your money to see Brooke Lopez get out rebounded? (no me) I always get free tickets and sometimes don't even attend. Adding Carmelo to the Nets roster will certainly fill those empty seats and they have a lot of talent and cap space and even picks so they will be a good team.

People say he wants to go play for NY because of one comment.
Carmelo "Who wouldn't wanna play for New York?"

I would say the same thing but I'd rather play for the Lakers :cool:
Get me?

BallIsAll
02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
BTW im a nuggets fan and have been reading this forum for almost a year.

blastmasta26
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I see it like this.

Melo has not told the nuggets he would only sign an extension with the knicks and that the knicks are his top choice. If so a deal would have already been made with the knicks as no team is willing to lose their star for nothing. I also do not think he just wants to go to a contender, I believe location is very important to him.

In essence what matters to him I believe is

Money + Location + Potential to compete in the future
Many have said he doesn't want to come to NJ because no one attends games. Who would people be attending these games for? Why waste your money to see Brooke Lopez get out rebounded? (no me) I always get free tickets and sometimes don't even attend. Adding Carmelo to the Nets roster will certainly fill those empty seats and they have a lot of talent and cap space and even picks so they will be a good team.

People say he wants to go play for NY because of one comment.
Carmelo "Who wouldn't wanna play for New York?"

I would say the same thing but I'd rather play for the Lakers :cool:
Get me?

Yes. Very good point.

d nuggets fan
02-01-2011, 11:48 PM
NY Fans - I get it. You guys can't really put a deal together to get Melo without seriously hindering the other needs of the team. So the only real option is to hold out Melo is hell bent on NY and will give up his contract - wade through Free Agency and the new CBA to play for a team that .... seemingly isn't really much closer to being a contender with or without him. I also get that Melo has seen the Dantoni system with strong talent (including Amare/nash) year after year look like they were the team to beat only to realize by most league experts that the system of run/gun offense and no defense, while exceptional during the season, is fatally flawed for the playoffs. Defense wins Finals.

I am sure Melo is BSing that he really isn't intersted in joining a contender and is hiding his true intent of walking this summer to his "real" intentions of NY and D'Antonis flawed system. You peeps keep telling yourself. I am sure the NY market and endorsements will win the day.

faze38
02-02-2011, 01:12 AM

Only time will tell but to say the Amare and Melo together aren't contenders is nuts because they are two elite players that will be joining a team that will only have more cap space to bring in another elite player.

d nuggets fan
02-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Amare and Melo together in D'Antonis systems has already been tried, but with a really good PG named Nash. No defense means a playoff loss. But the Knicks don't really have a PG of Nash's caliber do they? Are you kidding me, or are you just stupid?

KingPosey
02-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Excuse me, I should have said " this provides ME with MY perspective of YOUR perception of what is going on in the NBA".

And your posts provide me with the knowledge that you make pointless, off topic posts to try and slight other posters, while your own posts lack any intelligence, but you hope to mask that by making others look dumb. So, i guess we are even. GTFO man, stop acting like a turd.

mttwlsn16
02-02-2011, 02:38 AM
take him in LAC for our 1st rd and Minn 1st round and an expiring...minus DJ :)

RipCity32
02-02-2011, 03:10 AM
I think Melo does make alot of statements and plays games with this even though he tries to pretty much deny every rumor about him,Miami was in the same situation last year with Wade not signing a extension and it was not a circus like it is with this guy, he likes the publicity.

Raph12
02-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Everyone's joining up, the league will have quite a few excess teams in a few years...

barreleffact
02-02-2011, 04:23 AM

this may have been the worse idea ive ever heard. there would be no such thing as a "free" agency. this would be a draft everytime a player decides not to resign and always a player like lebron would be selected by thee next team.hell by your system them clev couldve said eff lebron n resigned him anyway because they have first dibs. fail