PDA

View Full Version : Is this the year the Thunder Cash in on their young assets for veteran Help?

Mile High Champ
02-01-2011, 10:27 AM
With teams like the Lakers and Jazz Struggling this year, should OKC make the jump and add some veteran talent? I know this has been a topic of interest in the past but it should be reevaluated now. Lets be honest the Lakers are really starting to show their age, perhaps the Thunder have their window opening sooner than some expected. The team could certainly could use a low post scorer and a strong veteran presence with playoff experience. I know this team is young and has a great future ahead of them but perhaps this is a good opportunity as ever to strike. What are people's thoughts?

I am not saying to trade Westbrook but one of Harden or Green could be traded with a player like Cole Aldrich in hopes of landing the Vet that can put them over the top.

Melo15
02-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Personally, I think the Thunder should be going hard for Nene. He'd be the perfect fit for that team, in my opinion.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:41 AM
While I do agree and say Yes the question is who.

I mean Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman all sound good.

Kaman being the best fit but he's injured and may not be the best bet.

Moving for a C will however give them some room to start Ibaka (even though their brilliant head coach has started limiting his minutes as they've started to get healthy up front) at PF. Marc Gasol though is unlikely, and if the Girzz really start slipping Randolph will in all likeliness certainly be dealt but is he really what they are looking for?

While I think YES this is their year to make a move, common sense is telling me it better for them to stay put and wait until a better option is made available.

If any of the young guys is to be traded it will likely be Green/Aldrich however.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Personally, I think the Thunder should be going hard for Nene. He'd be the perfect fit for that team, in my opinion.

The question here is what do the Thunder have to offer for Nene?

Then when he's traded what is the Nuggets' predicament at C? They may not have the pieces to pry Nene away from the Nuggs, a third team will have to be involved if they are going to get Nene.

LTBaByyy
02-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Chris Kaman + Willie Warren + 2011 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Green + Royal Ivey

Would be the perfect scenario for both teams!!!

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Kaman

B Davis
Gordon
Jeff Green
BG
Jordan

w/ Aminu and Bledsoe sharing 6th man duties

Mile High Champ
02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
While I do agree and say Yes the question is who.

I mean Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman all sound good.

Kaman being the best fit but he's injured and may not be the best bet.

Moving for a C will however give them some room to start Ibaka (even though their brilliant head coach has started limiting his minutes as they've started to get healthy up front) at PF. Marc Gasol though is unlikely, and if the Girzz really start slipping Randolph will in all likeliness certainly be dealt but is he really what they are looking for?

While I think YES this is their year to make a move, common sense is telling me it better for them to stay put and wait until a better option is made available.

If any of the young guys is to be traded it will likely be Green/Aldrich however.

You bring up some interesting names. I think Gasol would cost the most of the 3 names you mentioned but Z-Bo or Kaman would make great sense in OKC. Even though Randolph can't play defense for the life of him, he would supply the Thunder with a consistent low post thread and would provide a rebounding presence. I think Green would be the main piece in any deal though I would not discount trading Harden..

Carey
02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Wasnt sure before but Mark Stein reported that we were talking with the Cavs for Varejao before he got hurt. I think they are still actively looking but with the uncertainty of the CBA i think the ceiling money wise for a pre-cba trade is a contract like Varejao's. We have Mo Pete's expiring deal, future picks and solid young prospects, be nice to see something get done.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Chris Kaman + Willie Warren + 2011 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Green + Royal Ivey

Would be the perfect scenario for both teams if Kaman wasn't a health concern!!!

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Kaman

B Davis
Gordon
Jeff Green
BG
Jordan

Fixed

LTBaByyy
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Fixed

That's true, but what NBA centers are healthy these days??

Except Howard lol

Chi StateOfMind
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
if they got a GOOD center they would be deadly in the west i mean there good now but a center would put them over the edge!!!

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
You bring up some interesting names. I think Gasol would cost the most of the 3 names you mentioned but Z-Bo or Kaman would make great sense in OKC. Even though Randolph can't play defense for the life of him, he would supply the Thunder with a consistent low post thread and would provide a rebounding presence. I think Green would be the main piece in any deal though I would not discount trading Harden..

IMO the reason Gasol would be such a hard fetch is because of the fact the Grizz are potentially set at every position (Henry, Mayo :shrug: they decide on giving him one last shot at SG and Rudy Gay at SF) other than PF going forward (Randolph may not return next season) and Jeff Green is really a SF playing PF in OKC. He gets abused on the defensive end at times from bigger stronger forwards.

Personally reason why I mentioned Gasol was more of a hope than anything else. I would love to see the Thunder team with a versatile C such as Gasol.

KnicksorBust
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
With teams like the Lakers and Jazz Struggling this year, should OKC make the jump and add some veteran talent? I know this has been a topic of interest in the past but it should be reevaluated now. Lets be honest the Lakers are really starting to show their age, perhaps the Thunder have their window opening sooner than some expected. The team could certainly could use a low post scorer and a strong veteran presence with playoff experience. I know this team is young and has a great future ahead of them but perhaps this is a good opportunity as ever to strike. What are people's thoughts?

I am not saying to trade Westbrook but one of Harden or Green could be traded with a player like Cole Aldrich in hopes of landing the Vet that can put them over the top.

I said this a year and a half ago and I'll say it again now. Make a move. Everyone said I was crazy and that they had a potential dynasty and now it's blatantly clear to everyone that they need to make a move. :rolleyes: People say nothing was lost by waiting and I disagree. Soon they will be capped out re-signing these young players so they need to use them as assets now. They have too much youth and yes that's a bad thing when Durant and Westbrook are already playing at a high enough level to make a title run with the right pieces around them.

Dade County
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
The NBA/Stern loves KD, they will send them help.......... don't worry.

Carey
02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I said this a year and a half ago and I'll say it again now. Make a move. Everyone said I was crazy and that they had a potential dynasty and now it's blatantly clear to everyone that they need to make a move. :rolleyes: People say nothing was lost by waiting and I disagree. Soon they will be capped out re-signing these young players so they need to use them as assets now. They have too much youth and yes that's a bad thing when Durant and Westbrook are already playing at a high enough level to make a title run with the right pieces around them.

Lol! i knew i'd see u in here, this team still isnt ready to win a championship even if they do get a big but i am in favor of a move but i think we are taking the smart patient approach. We need a legit center, more shooting but more then anything more experience.

Mile High Champ
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Lol! i knew i'd see u in here, this team still isnt ready to win a championship even if they do get a big but i am in favor of a move but i think we are taking the smart patient approach. We need a legit center, more shooting but more then anything more experience.

OKC could very well take the West if they get a legit post presence.

hgtiger32
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
The NBA/Stern loves KD, they will send them help.......... don't worry.

haha :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Carey
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
OKC could very well take the West if they get a legit post presence.

We'd be a tough out but we still have some deficiencies and some experience to gain, still dont think we could beat the Lakers in a 7 game series this year.

Chronz
02-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I only hope management realizes their mistake, I dont know why they stopped searching for that grizzled vet, its like once the trade for Chandler fell apart they stopped looking to win now.

SportsAndrew25
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Do it. If the opportunity is there to make them better and win a title, do it.

JayTee1981
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Do it. If the opportunity is there to make them better and win a title, do it.
I agree

Carey
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I only hope management realizes their mistake, I dont know why they stopped searching for that grizzled vet, its like once the trade for Chandler fell apart they stopped looking to win now.

How have they made a mistake?, how do you know they stopped looking??? As i said before Mark Stein reported they were working on a deal to acquire Varejao before he got hurt. Trade rumors dont get out like other teams because we keep alot of things in house, u really didnt hear about the Chandler trade until the day it happened. This just isnt a franchise thats gonna take on bad contracts to get a center, or give up too much.

Baller1
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I really, really hope so. Package a deal around Green for Nene or Gasol. There are options out there, especially considering all the attractive pieces we have (ie. Draft picks, expiring contracts, young talent).

nwilder
02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I think they are waiting for Dwight Howard's free agency. Logically they will want to have cap space for Dwight. By then this core will be even more matured.

Baller1
02-01-2011, 03:03 PM
I think they are waiting for Dwight Howard's free agency. Logically they will want to have cap space for Dwight. By then this core will be even more matured.

The chance of OKC acquiring Dwight is very, very minimal.

Chronz
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
How have they made a mistake?, how do you know they stopped looking??? As i said before Mark Stein reported they were working on a deal to acquire Varejao before he got hurt. Trade rumors dont get out like other teams because we keep alot of things in house, u really didnt hear about the Chandler trade until the day it happened. This just isnt a franchise thats gonna take on bad contracts to get a center, or give up too much.

They made a mistake in thinking they could grow into a contender when they should have traded in their chips for a guy who could help them now. Ive read various reports where the owner said they werent going to trade in their expirings for a vet piece so stop bringing it up, another where they were reported to not have any interest in Camby, and then there the Collison deal. One that I understand could be perceived in a number of ways, he was either insurance in case they couldnt get anyone so lock him up, but to me it was a move that told me they were content with standing pat. His signing hurt their flexibility and ability to bring in someone worth trading for.

clehmun
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I think durant and westbrook are ready, or very close.
they're one WCF exit + post presence away from being legit contenders (lakers, heat, celtics, spurs).

basically just more experience, and a good bigman.

one thing though is green's value is relatively low right now compared to the beginning of the season or last year.
they need to boost his value a bit, and make a package for a good bigman.

nwilder
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
The chance of OKC acquiring Dwight is very, very minimal.

What were the chances of LeBron going to Miami last year at this time? I don't think anyone besides LeBron, Wade, and Riley ever thought of this possibility for a second. But it happened. So if Dwight doesn't win by then and OKC has the cap then he might actually consider them. If he truly wants to win in the long run the he should pick OKC. If he wants spotlight, then well I see him picking the Lakers since he tries so hard to copy Shaq.

Carey
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
They made a mistake in thinking they could grow into a contender when they should have traded in their chips for a guy who could help them now. Ive read various reports where the owner said they werent going to trade in their expirings for a vet piece so stop bringing it up, another where they were reported to not have any interest in Camby, and then there the Collison deal. One that I understand could be perceived in a number of ways, he was either insurance in case they couldnt get anyone so lock him up, but to me it was a move that told me they were content with standing pat. His signing hurt their flexibility and ability to bring in someone worth trading for.

Our owner never speaks publicly about the team so im curious to see these various reports, links? Collison makes 3.2 million next season and that number decreases over the next four years to 2.2 in the final year. I hardly call that a deal that prohibits any deals going forward. The goal is to grow into a team that can compete for championships year in and year out, you say make a mistake like the process is over. We dont have to win a championship 2maro people, we are still evaluating, and the pieces we have havent lost any value. Im sure we'll make a move before the deadline if it makes sense both short term and long term, if not we will wait till the offseason.

Dade County
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
What were the chances of LeBron going to Miami last year at this time? I don't think anyone besides LeBron, Wade, and Riley ever thought of this possibility for a second. But it happened. So if Dwight doesn't win by then and OKC has the cap then he might actually consider them. If he truly wants to win in the long run the he should pick OKC. If he wants spotlight, then well I see him picking the Lakers since he tries so hard to copy Shaq.

Me and my friends did...

Last season when all the free agency talk was going crazy, me and the boys was like, they are going to play together (the question was where? Of-course we thought Miami, but thats because we are fans of the HEAT)

Miami got lucky or should I say ............. Pat Riley is the F'in man!!!

Baller1
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Trust me, I agree with you. I think OKC would probably be the perfect place for him to go if he wants to win championships, but I really just don't see it happening.

FarOutIos
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
How about a Collison and Green for Landry and Dalambert trade...? We could throw in a pick to make it fair... Just not this years first.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 04:10 PM
How about a Collison and Green for Landry and Dalambert trade...? We could throw in a pick to make it fair... Just not this years first.

How in the hell is that fair?

They trade away solid players for two reserves who are going to be FAs at season's end? That doesn't make any sense for the Thunder.

soonabooma
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Presti is trying to be too perfect now. Ever since he was hired as the GM, he's been hearing how great he is and that he's a genius. Now he's trying like hell to not do anything at all that could even come close to being considered risky. He basically thinks that because he has drafted some great players that his job is done because we've become a good team. But based on what we've seen the last couple of years, it doesn't appear that he's trying to make us great. He's satisfied with just being good and that kinda sucks for us. This is a great time to be the Thunder. We're in a position right now where we could get some great help without having to really give up anything too significant. We could do that if we really wanted to. But we're not seeing any action and that's starting to concern me. Why are we just sitting around? There aren't but maybe 6-7 teams in the league that really have a leg up on us as far as having a more polished roster and being a contender. The rest of the teams in the league are looking up at us, trying to play catch up. If we just keep sitting around, we're gonna regret it. Presti is scared, he's trying to keep his perfect image, and it's gonna end up costing us in a big way.

I'll be honest about the whole thing. As long as we've got KD, Westbrook, Sefolosha, and Ibaka, I'm good. Those are the four best players we have. KD and Russ for obvious reasons, Sefolosha because he's our best defender and one of the better defenders in the league, and Ibaka because he's our all everything, high energy guy. When his game gets sharper, he's gonna be kinda like a super version of Chris Andersen. Those guys represent our REAL big 4. I could care less about anybody else on our roster. They can all be used as trade bait as far as I'm concerned. There are good players out there that could put us over the top. It's time to go get em.

Baller1
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

God no, that's terrible for us.

nwilder
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Also OKC could use James Harden in a trade. I do think they are wasting his talent and he could turn out to be a big time player with more opportunities. In return, OKC will a much needed and fair value for him. A more consistent Cook could play the role what Harden is playing I guess or get someone else to come off the bench. Harden has way more upside than a bench player and he has value in the trade market.

heathonater
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
okc cant afford to stand pat. they need to get a good big man to become a true title contender, and they should use some of their young talent to do so. obviously westbrook and durant will be mainstays for okc, but the rest of their roster should be considered in acquiring a talented big man.

Chronz
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Our owner never speaks publicly about the team so im curious to see these various reports, links?
Owner or GM one of them said it, I tried googling the "stop bringing it up" bit but got nothin, it was on truehoop or a Bill Simmons piece or something, Ill let you know if I find anything.

Collison makes 3.2 million next season and that number decreases over the next four years to 2.2 in the final year. I hardly call that a deal that prohibits any deals going forward.
I mean in terms of trade value, he wouldve been a nice chip to throw in as an expiring. Like I said its one that has its ups and downs though not damning either way, I just dont understand the reasoning behind committing early.

The goal is to grow into a team that can compete for championships year in and year out, you say make a mistake like the process is over. We dont have to win a championship 2maro people, we are still evaluating, and the pieces we have havent lost any value. Im sure we'll make a move before the deadline if it makes sense both short term and long term, if not we will wait till the offseason.

Its a mistake because the process wouldnt have been hurt by bringing a guy like Camby or a vet with a short contract. The only real difference is he makes them a better team in the interim. Dont think Im saying they have a bad approach but it hasnt been perfect, letting expiring contracts evaporate doesnt make sense to me. I love that they basically got a decent amount of picks for taking on expirings, just why not trade them in before the extensions kick in and you cant afford to anymore?

Chronz
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Presti is trying to be too perfect now. Ever since he was hired as the GM, he's been hearing how great he is and that he's a genius. Now he's trying like hell to not do anything at all that could even come close to being considered risky. He basically thinks that because he has drafted some great players that his job is done because we've become a good team. But based on what we've seen the last couple of years, it doesn't appear that he's trying to make us great. He's satisfied with just being good and that kinda sucks for us. This is a great time to be the Thunder. We're in a position right now where we could get some great help without having to really give up anything too significant. We could do that if we really wanted to. But we're not seeing any action and that's starting to concern me. Why are we just sitting around? There aren't but maybe 6-7 teams in the league that really have a leg up on us as far as having a more polished roster and being a contender. The rest of the teams in the league are looking up at us, trying to play catch up. If we just keep sitting around, we're gonna regret it. Presti is scared, he's trying to keep his perfect image, and it's gonna end up costing us in a big way.

I'll be honest about the whole thing. As long as we've got KD, Westbrook, Sefolosha, and Ibaka, I'm good. Those are the four best players we have. KD and Russ for obvious reasons, Sefolosha because he's our best defender and one of the better defenders in the league, and Ibaka because he's our all everything, high energy guy. When his game gets sharper, he's gonna be kinda like a super version of Chris Andersen. Those guys represent our REAL big 4. I could care less about anybody else on our roster. They can all be used as trade bait as far as I'm concerned. There are good players out there that could put us over the top. It's time to go get em.
I definitely get that sense as well, Presti has said there are no shortcuts to contention but hes dead wrong, if you have the players set to compete you should try to win ASAP. The window before extensions kick in is extremely vital to surrounding the core with necessary pieces. We're not alone either, Ive read a few articles where they portray Presti as someone whod rather be in contention for a decade than put out the best team he possible could for a year or 2 and rebuilding on the fly.

I dont like it, the hard part is done. You keep Durant-WB-Ibaka for life and they will ensure you stay in contention for the playoffs, but everyone else should be expendable.

LJEATON26
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Would be the perfect scenario for both teams!!!

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Kaman

B Davis
Gordon
Jeff Green
BG
Jordan

keep kaman, as a thunder fan I would rather have Jordan

xabial
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Never seen a good young team with so much trade assets to offer. They have a Top-5 Draft pick coming their way soon too.

Yunqn
02-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Yunqn
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
You guys shoud steal a player like roy hibbert.. if he is just relied on to be a big presence down low I think you guys would be really solid down low.. Im trying to be realistic about it.. green as ya starting pf wont ever help u guys come out the west.. that is unless your center is a big lane clogger.. maybe roy hibbert is that guy..

Yunqn
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Also OKC could use James Harden in a trade. I do think they are wasting his talent and he could turn out to be a big time player with more opportunities. In return, OKC will a much needed and fair value for him. A more consistent Cook could play the role what Harden is playing I guess or get someone else to come off the bench. Harden has way more upside than a bench player and he has value in the trade market.

Give chicago james and we"ll help ya find a big man..lmao seriously..

And we"ll see ya in the finals a year or two from now :clap:

KnicksorBust
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM

You'd be damn close. If you found a way to nab someone like a Nene (who I've read wants out)... who knows? You might be just one small move away. The frustrating thing to me is that I can never be right in this debate because the Thunder will always be good enough with Durant that no one can bash them. :laugh: To me though if you have Durant-Westbrook and five/six valuable trade pieces, 50 wins and no WCF trips is not nearly good enough. I'll be the first one to say congratulations if their current core takes them that far (trust that) but I just don't see it. Even you and other Thunder fans should admit that with the talent they have, they should be aspiring for more than just a playoff berth and experience.

h2r09
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
they NEED to trade Jeff Green. He has proven he is going to be nothing more than a solid role player, isnt really elite anywhere in his game and will be getting big money as a RFA this summer. Get a big man in the post for him and possible add a SG scorer. I think if they could package together some players to get Mayo and/or Gasol from the Grizlies they would be set for a while. If i were them i would do green for gasol in a heartbeat and not look back.

That is all they are missing and jeff green isnt a championship level pf.

Baller1
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM
You'd be damn close. If you found a way to nab someone like a Nene (who I've read wants out)... who knows? You might be just one small move away. The frustrating thing to me is that I can never be right in this debate because the Thunder will always be good enough with Durant that no one can bash them. :laugh: To me though if you have Durant-Westbrook and five/six valuable trade pieces, 50 wins and no WCF trips is not nearly good enough. I'll be the first one to say congratulations if their current core takes them that far (trust that) but I just don't see it. Even you and other Thunder fans should admit that with the talent they have, they should be aspiring for more than just a playoff berth and experience.

I promise you, I do. It's Presti (although he's still got a while to make a smart move) and Brooks holding this team back right now.

I honestly believe we could very easily acquire Nene or Gasol.

Peterson's expiring, lots of draft picks, Harden, Green... We have so much to work with, unfortunately I don't if Presti will pull the trigger.

Carey
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM

We understand our needs completely....

A starting caliber center
A legit 3rd scorer
More shooting
Ibaka starting at PF
Experience

Jeff at the most can only be a bench player for us to get to the next level, he probably should be trade bait, we need more outside shooting, Thabo is never gonna bring that but he's value is his defense, Harden has to become more consistent from outside, Maynor will shoot it and hit it if he's wide but he's more reluctant if he's even partly covered, do we make a move there? maybe we get more of a spot up shooter at the backup pg position? With all that said i still say we dont need to make alot of huge moves, we address those needs i listed above in the offseason or at the deadline(less likely) and let these guys grow and expand their games we will be in great shape. I think Presti is active, i think he makes calls, takes calls, etc. I just believe he's more patient then most gm's, you see so many teams make these moves to get over the hump but so many of those trades end up with average value, then a couple yrs in you see the teams stuck with bad contracts, he's mindful of that, especially in a smaller market, but he's also put himself in a spot where he has more pressure to get it right. I like my chances with him.

SANDBURG23
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I like your team and would like to see the bulls beat you guys in the Finals. With Sefolosha & Harden at SG I think you'll be fine there(I think the combo will con't to get better). A better C would really help your team. Would have liked to see you guys have used your cap room in the offseason to sign D.Lee to be your C, but you missed that chance. M.Gasol from Memphis might be had if you made a good offer. I think the one below would get them thinking about the trade.

E.Maynor-PG, C.Aldrich-C, 1strd'12-LAC, 2nrd'12 to Mem for M.Gasol

He would give you the defense, rebounding and scoring from the C position you'll need to beat LAL, Dal, & SA. With this trade you would be the 4th best team on paper in the West, and have a chance to beat any of the 3 above you. You would have the MLE and your first rounds to upgrade back-up PG &/or C in the offseason. Keep Green and use him as our 6th man, back-up PF & SF as well as SG in your big line-up's(he can get 30 min a game in that role).

Bruno
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
They should package Green/Harden for a veteran, all-star caliber (or close to all-star caliber) PF.

Kakaroach
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see Jeff Green + James Harden or something for Zack Randolph and the for the Grizz to ship off OJ Mayo.

KmB728
02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Would Thunder fans really want to trade Green? I thought he was a solid part of the young core

xabial
02-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I'd like to see Jeff Green + James Harden or something for Zack Randolph and the for the Grizz to ship off OJ Mayo.

Zach randolph isnt riding them over the top. He's overrated. He wouldnt give them a defensive mentality Big man, which is something they need to go over the top. Grizz arent even winning with him this year, just one playoff run with him last year.

xabial
02-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Would Thunder fans really want to trade Green? I thought he was a solid part of the young core

As far as valuable trade assets go, hes one of their most valuable trade assets they have thats expendable to improve their team. If they trade green for a big man like Tyson Chandler, Ibaka could slide over to PF, and chandler C, they'd be set.

Sixerlover
02-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Cash in. Easily. A Westbrook - Thabo - Durant - Ibaka - Gasol starting 5 is a top 3 team in the West and fighting for WCF, depending on backup bigs.

masalex1205
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
gross, Kaman and Randolph aren't the answer. Nene is intriguing to me.

However, I think OKC has recognizred that they need to get a veteran big guy as they were trying to get Varejao from Cleveland. It's a shame, I would have loved to see a Varejao, Collison, and Ibaka big man rotation.

masalex1205
02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
As far as valuable trade assets go, hes one of their most valuable trade assets they have thats expendable to improve their team. If they trade green for a big man like Tyson Chandler, Ibaka could slide over to PF, and chandler C, they'd be set.

Until they Chandler misses 75% of the games the next 3 seasons because of his foot and the Thunder realize they ****ed up trading for a guy that has had one healthy season his last three w/ long term foot issues.

Chronz
02-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt OKC pass on David Lee during his restricted FA when they had cap space?

Pharoe18
02-02-2011, 02:12 AM
I think Nene for Harden straight up is a great deal for both teams

mttwlsn16
02-02-2011, 02:18 AM
no. theyre an extremely dangerous team. theyre still very young, id keep this group together and let them learn, and add a piece/2 in FA. they are very close to being a top 1/2/3 in the west as a real young group

Baller1
02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt OKC pass on David Lee during his restricted FA when they had cap space?

I'm going to go ahead and say they passed on him because of his defensive deficiencies. That would be my guess at least.

Chronz
02-02-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say they passed on him because of his defensive deficiencies. That would be my guess at least.
They had a top defensive rating with Nenad as their starter, I would think he'd be an upgrade on him. Not saying it was a bad move necessarily but they didnt even show interest this when his price tag was smaller then too.

Baller1
02-02-2011, 03:11 AM
They had a top defensive rating with Nenad as their starter, I would think he'd be an upgrade on him. Not saying it was a bad move necessarily but they didnt even show interest this when his price tag was smaller then too.

Yeah I get what you're saying. The reason was skeptical about picking up Lee was that fact that he'd be an undersized as out C, and that's exactly what I don't want right now. With that said, I'm really unsure at this point what path Presti and Brooks are taking at this point.

I know for a fact we have the assets to acquire someone like Nene or Gasol, and I'm starting to get frustrated as to why we're not taking advantage of that.

soonabooma
02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Chicago and I love their potential. Hell, if Presti is worried about upsetting the chemistry of the team, then he doesn't have to trade away any of our young guys. All he has to do is find us the right piece or two to add and we'll just have to spend the money. If he wants to keep Green and Harden then fine. But he still needs to get us a good big man and there will be plenty available. That's what needs to happen, but I just don't get the feeling that he's got the balls to do it. His problem is, he's been looking at everything from a trade standpoint instead of a free agency standpoint. He thinks that in order to get what we need he must trade away some of our young guys. But that's not true, we can sign free agents all day long as long as our owners are willing to make that commitment. So if Presti doesn't go out and get us a Chandler, a Nene, or whoever else might be there for the taking then he really is an idiot. If something doesn't get done by this summer it's gonna piss people like me off, because we value winning and standing pat and not doing anything is basically like throwing in the towel and saying "we're happy just being good, we don't wanna be great". If that's the Presti way, then the guy should get his butt kicked for cheating us out of something special.

Mile High Champ
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
A trade has to get done at this point. I really do believe a Green-ZBo Swap would be a good deal for both parties.