PDA

View Full Version : Marcin Gortat

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Can everyone now agree hes a starting capable center?

I made a similar thread 2 years ago and the majority said nothing but hate saying hes a backup and would be a horrible starting 5.

Well now look at these stats
DATE OPP REB AST STL BLK PTS
1/30 Nor 11 0 0 2 25
1/28 Bos 17 0 0 1 19
1/26 Cha 7 0 0 1 16
1/24 @Phi 2 0 0 1 2
1/22 @Det 13 0 0 1 11
1/21 @Was 14 0 3 0 13
1/19 @Cle 12 0 0 3 16

Gortat is averaging 14.6 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks while shooting 67 percent during the past 5 games (one of those games, Philly, he barely played)

The guys a stud.

Where would he rank among starting 5s since there are barely any good legit centers in the league?

eXpLiiCt
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Like 13th?

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Like 13th?

I can think of the obvious double double centers dwight,noah,bogut,harford then i draw blanks... I suppose cases can be made for lopez and bynum but lopez istn rebounding hes almsot a center sized sg.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Now his contract isn't looking like it could potentially be one of the best. By next season he should become their starting C and 14 and 8+ with solid D and more than 1.5 bpg may not be out of the question.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
He sucked this year with us, but last year he did prove he was starting caliber.

I have no idea how to rank him. He needs to get that sample size up...because no way would anyone ever take him above Bynum and Lopez, guys you suggest Gortat is comprable to.

Bishnoff
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes he is a capable starting C (yet not starting for the Suns). He's getting better with every game he plays in a Suns uniform, and is creating a good partnership with Nash.

With consistent minutes (30+ MPG), I can see him averaging 16 & 10 with Nash at the point.

flclfanman
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
He COULD be a top 5 center in the West. Top 10 overall

goose15
01-31-2011, 10:16 PM
yea Gortat is great.. so trade Lopez to the Knicks :nod:

More-Than-Most
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
He is good but Nash is making him look like an all star.

LTBaByyy
01-31-2011, 10:18 PM
In this era of a lack of big men, I say yes he is

Im just glad the Mavs have a great starting center and a good back up

king4day
01-31-2011, 10:22 PM

Scoring wise, yes he's getting good looks, but his defense and rebounding have been the best we've seen of any Suns center. When alls said and done, he'll likely go down as the greatest center in Suns history.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 10:24 PM
heat would take him in a heartbeat

ManRam
01-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Scoring wise, yes he's getting good looks, but his defense and rebounding have been the best we've seen of any Suns center. When alls said and done, he'll likely go down as the greatest center in Suns history.

A) Let's not get ahead of ourselves, it's been a few weeks.
B) And what does that mean? What good centers has Phoenix had? Alvan Adams? He might be eventually, but again, let's not carried away.

goose15
01-31-2011, 10:28 PM
hes a young Jack Sikma

Monta is beast
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I would take him on the Warriors.

LTBaByyy
01-31-2011, 10:35 PM

Basing that off of a few games?? :speechless:

But have yall ever had a center besides Lopez??

Ever since I can remember yall have had PF's playing center w/ Amare, Connie Hawkins, Alvan Adams, and Tom Chambers

wmudford
01-31-2011, 10:39 PM
i'd say if he continues to play like this then he is 8 or 9 by the end of the year. By next year he could be anywhere from 5-7

tdunk21
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
credit goes to steve nash....

magic were kinda stupid to trade him, coz no doubt he was the best backup center.....

tredigs
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Is this that surprising? I never saw this thread the OP made two years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was common knowledge that he was a very adequate, double-double center if given the playing time. He's getting more looks on the non-playoff team that Phoenix now is than he would on a team with more legit scoring options, but that just makes him a low teen scorer rather than an 8-12 pt guy (that he would be on most squads).

He's very capable, but really nothing more. He's not and likely won't ever be top tier.

thekmp211
01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
all i know is they need to start him over lopez already. it's too bad they never had a guy like gortat to play alongside amar'e.

210Don
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
ill agree.

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM

I wanted him on the Heat but everyone was saying hed just be another joel anthony smh.

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Basing that off of a few games?? :speechless:

But have yall ever had a center besides Lopez??

Ever since I can remember yall have had PF's playing center w/ Amare, Connie Hawkins, Alvan Adams, and Tom Chambers

They had shaq :shrug:

He posted good numbers there too.

Side note: Suns front office is looking pretty smart for getting in on that magic trade now. Gortats having an immediate impact and could only get better with more minutes and carters exp should help moving forward.

Crackadalic
02-01-2011, 12:07 AM
He wont be top tier but some teams dont need him to be. Very capable of playing good defense rebound and has a high bbiq which is hard to find with a lot of the young centers today

LTBaByyy
02-01-2011, 12:13 AM
They had shaq :shrug:

He posted good numbers there too.

Side note: Suns front office is looking pretty smart for getting in on that magic trade now. Gortats having an immediate impact and could only get better with more minutes and carters exp should help moving forward.

Yeah you're def right, What do you think they could get on the trade market for Robin Lopez?

They need a a good PF for R Lopez + Josh Childress

sunsfan88
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I think he's the 5th best.

Howard, Noah, Bogut, Horford then who?

Bynum and him have very similar numbers; Gortat- 10 pts, 8 boards, in 19 games. Bynum- 11 pts, 7 boards in 24 games. But Gortat is way more durable and a better interior defender.

And please, put Brook Lopez in the same conversation as Baragani. Big men that can score on anyone but are horrible defenders and rebounders. Gortat is easily better than him.

Kakaroach
02-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Wish the Jazz had gone after him in the summer, he is perfect fit for what we need. Lengthy, shot blocking, legit center.

sunsfan88
02-01-2011, 12:27 AM

Yea and even more Turkoglu has played like crap for ORL except for the few occasional good games.

Either way I don't think anyone can argue that Turkoglu is worth the $$ he's making.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 12:34 AM

Bynum and him have very similar numbers; Gortat- 10 pts, 8 boards, in 19 games. Bynum- 11 pts, 7 boards in 24 games. But Gortat is way more durable and a better interior defender.

And please, put Brook Lopez in the same conversation as Baragani. Big men that can score on anyone but are horrible defenders and rebounders. Gortat is easily better than him.

So then why in the hell is he coming off the bench? top 5 players in the league at a given position don't come off the bench dude, ESPECIALLY when its a position as weak as the C is.

Tyson Chandler, Javale McGee, Emeka Okafor, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert, Andrew Bynum, Tim Duncan, Nene, Al Jefferson and Marcus Camby (pre-injury) are all better than Marcin Gortat.

Give any of those players (especially Gasol, Bynum and Hibbert), Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns offense and they'd flourish. A healthy Bynum could essential get 20 and 10 and Marc won't be too far off himself.

He **** no Marcin Gortat is NOT better than Andrew Bynum interior defender than Bynum, what in the hell are you talking about?

Shady66
02-01-2011, 12:37 AM
So then why in the hell is he coming off the bench? top 5 players in the league at a given position don't come off the bench dude, ESPECIALLY when its a position as weak as the C is.

Tyson Chandler, Javale McGee, Emeka Okafor, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert, Andrew Bynum, Tim Duncan, Nene, Al Jefferson and Marcus Camby (pre-injury) are all better than Marcin Gortat.

Give any of those players (especially Gasol, Bynum and Hibbert), Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns offense and they'd flourish. A healthy Bynum could essential get 20 and 10 and Marc won't be too far off himself.

He **** no Marcin Gortat is NOT better than Andrew Bynum interior defender than Bynum, what in the hell are you talking about?

He comes off the bench because Robin Lopez sucks monkey balls and he needs Nash. Gortat doesn't which is why he comes off the bench. He plays way more than Lopez anyways.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 12:40 AM
He comes off the bench because Robin Lopez sucks monkey balls and he needs Nash. Gortat doesn't which is why he comes off the bench. He plays way more than Lopez anyways.

Is he the 5th best C in the NBA? IMO if he was it wouldn't matter how much upside Lopez has he be bench for the obviously better player from the get go. Right?

DerekRE_3
02-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Gortat made the "**** on by Boogie" list. That's all I know about him.

tredigs
02-01-2011, 12:41 AM

I'd take Tim Duncan, Kendrick Perkins, Emeka Okafor, Roy Hibbert (more of a "from this point forward" choice on this one), Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez (may not be a "true center", but few in this league are, and he's still better than Gortat), Bynum (injury concerns - sure, but 100% it's not that close) over Marcin personally. I feel all of them bring as much or more to the table than he can offer.

He's around the impact of guys like Mark Gasol and Marcus Camby (only because of age, obviously not comparable to a near prime Camby). Somewhere around the exact middle of the pack.

superkegger
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM

this. He's good, but playing with nash makes him look better. If he's not playing with nash, would he really be as effective offensively.

aussie
02-01-2011, 12:45 AM
he wouldnt have pulled the score he did last night vs NOLA if okafor didn't get injured

Sixerlover
02-01-2011, 12:46 AM
What is it about Gortat that whatever team he goes to the fans overrate him? A top 5 C coming off of the bench?

I'll put Gortat in the 14-16 range of the league's C.

sunsfan88
02-01-2011, 12:54 AM

He doesn't come off the bench because he sucks but because Lopez sucks and needs Nash.

My bad I forgot about Nene. Yea he's better than Gortat. Hibbert,Gasol and McGee are about the same. I wouldn't say either is necessarily better than Gortat.

Al Jefferson and Duncan aren't even true centers so I won't go there. Chandler is close but not better. Camby is old and is starting to injury prone, I don't think anyone would take his old *** over Gortat.

But Gortat is better than Bynum. And you talk about Nash and the Suns offense? Give Gortat Kobe and Gasol who takes most of the pressure from the defense. Kobe and Gasol draw defenses attention so Bynum plays well when no one cares about him.

And plz its only a matter of time before someone touches Bynum a lil too hard and he gets another injury. Wait....actually I think its already here :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6078151&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

At the least, Gortat is top 5 center in the West IMO.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 01:06 AM
He doesn't come off the bench because he sucks but because Lopez sucks and needs Nash.

My bad I forgot about Nene. Yea he's better than Gortat. Hibbert,Gasol and McGee are about the same. I wouldn't say either is necessarily better than Gortat.

Al Jefferson and Duncan aren't even true centers so I won't go there. Chandler is close but not better. Camby is old and is starting to injury prone, I don't think anyone would take his old *** over Gortat.

But Gortat is better than Bynum. And you talk about Nash and the Suns offense? Give Gortat Kobe and Gasol who takes most of the pressure from the defense. Kobe and Gasol draw defenses attention so Bynum plays well when no one cares about him.

And plz its only a matter of time before someone touches Bynum a lil too hard and he gets another injury. Wait....actually I think its already here :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6078151&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

At the least, Gortat is top 5 center in the West IMO.

They aren't true Centers but they've both played that position exclusively and very very well this entire season so I'd go there.

Gortat is not on the same level and Marc Gasol and Roy Hibbert. He is more on the level of a Deandre Jordan and Darko Milicic. Chandler's return to health has been a breath of fresh air for the Mavericks and his impact is one of the main reasons they played so well on the defensive end of the ball this season.

Gortat is NOT a top 5 C in the west, and if he is he will be benefiting from the fact that Bynum Oden, Camby and Yao are all injured.

I would love for you to prove to me exactly how Gortat is a better player than Andrew Bynum? What capabilities does he possess to be labeled a better player. I would say start a thread in the general forum but you'd just be bashed by the masses. I'd say this why don't you start a thread in the Suns forum posing the question.... "a Healthy Andrew Bynum or March Gortat, who's better?

Knowing Suns fans however I wont put it past you guys to all say Gortat. In the off season some of you guys said Lopez was absolutely untouchable and you wont even trade him to us for our #2 overall pick. Now look at you calling him the worst player in the NBA. Shame!

Bynum, Nene, Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Al Jefferson, Tim Duncan,

jimbobjarree
02-01-2011, 01:10 AM
was the one guy i desperately wanted the Jazz to go after all summer. Getting Al Jefferson distracted our front office from our true needs, that 7 ft defensive center who can rebound. Gortat was perfect. Great bit of business for Phoenix getting him for that Hedo contract.

sunnydayin'zona
02-01-2011, 01:14 AM
A) Let's not get ahead of ourselves, it's been a few weeks.
B) And what does that mean? What good centers has Phoenix had? Alvan Adams? He might be eventually, but again, let's not carried away.

like amare, he was a pf playing center. neither count.

gortat doesnt have much to beat in order to be the best suns center of all time.

sunnydayin'zona
02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
They aren't true Centers but they've both played that position exclusively and very very well this entire season so I'd go there.

Gortat is not on the same level and Marc Gasol and Roy Hibbert. He is more on the level of a Deandre Jordan and Darko Milicic. Chandler's return to health has been a breath of fresh air for the Mavericks and his impact is one of the main reasons they played so well on the defensive end of the ball this season.

Gortat is NOT a top 5 C in the west, and if he is he will be benefiting from the fact that Bynum Oden, Camby and Yao are all injured.

I would love for you to prove to me exactly how Gortat is a better player than Andrew Bynum? What capabilities does he possess to be labeled a better player. I would say start a thread in the general forum but you'd just be bashed by the masses. I'd say this why don't you start a thread in the Suns forum posing the question.... "a Healthy Andrew Bynum or March Gortat, who's better?

Knowing Suns fans however I wont put it past you guys to all say Gortat. In the off season some of you guys said Lopez was absolutely untouchable and you wont even trade him to us for our #2 overall pick. Now look at you calling him the worst player in the NBA. Shame!

oh come on, we're one of the more realistic fanbases on psd, with the exception of this guy and another unnamed well known member whos fairly emotion-based in his views.

lopez was playing really well last season, you cant really argue with that. he played well next to amare.

none of us really rate gortat at high as this guy does just yet. we feel that he could get there, but only if he gets more consistent.

Raph12
02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Roy Hibbert-esque

Duncan = Donkey
02-01-2011, 01:49 AM

no way, no one would have said anything like that.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 01:52 AM
oh come on, we're one of the more realistic fanbases on psd, with the exception of this guy and another unnamed well known member whos fairly emotion-based in his views.

lopez was playing really well last season, you cant really argue with that. he played well next to amare.

none of us really rate gortat at high as this guy does just yet. we feel that he could get there, but only if he gets more consistent.

no way, no one would have said anything like that.

It was the minority maybe a couple posters. I may have jumped the gun and exaggerated a bit on that comment. On the whole Suns fans are some of the more logical posters on here.

AlexanderPearce
02-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Houston would take him in a heartbeat! Chuck Hays is good on D but he's only like 4 feet tall. Gortat to H-Town... let's get it done... like today! We can offer a good trade and might even be able to talk about adding a pick or future picks in that offer! Having a true center would be nice... sorry Yao!

sunsfan88
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
LOL I really don't think any Suns fan said they wouldn't trade Lopez for the #2 overall pick in the draft. Unless they weren't sober.

Chi StateOfMind
02-01-2011, 02:14 AM
the next diesel baby lol

Antipod
02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
I was always high on Gortat, he just was in the shadow of the best center in the world. Now, at PHX, he can show to all what he`s capable of.

kobebabe
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Playing against Dwight during practice definitely helped his game. He is turning out to be a good trade for the suns afterall

baghdadbob
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Playing against Dwight during practice definitely helped his game. He is turning out to be a good trade for the suns afterall

Clearly you don't understand the role of parentheses in the world of math.

1 + 3 * 6 = 19

(1 + 3) * 6 = 24

wmudford
02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm calling it now. Marcin Gortat will be a west all star next year

smith&wesson
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
howard
bynam
perkins
noah
horford
bogut
bargs
lopez
hibbert
marc gasol
gortat

no specific order, but he would be like top 15 and im sure im missing some 5's in there somewhere.

ttam68
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM

1 + 3 * 6 = 19

(1 + 3) * 6 = 24

Eh, still somewhat clever.

I'm calling it now. Marcin Gortat will be a west all star next year

I'm calling it now, nope.

wmudford
02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
.I'm calling it now, nope.

If he gets 33 minutes a game and plays like he is now, he could be a 17 and 10 guy. That's IF he is playing like he is now. That would be allstar caliber, especially in the west

Bishnoff
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I would have traded RoLo for the 2nd overall pick in a heartbeat, and have selected Cousins. And that's coming from a Suns fan who still has faith in RoLo.

ElMarroAfamado
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Personally I think this guy has the body and skills to be one of the top centers in the league. I have seen him play since he was with the Magic and it seems all he needs is the minutes and the production will come. He is really good

Sly Guy
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd take him on the raps. In fact, I was a big proponent of us trying to get him when he was a FA.

tredigs
02-01-2011, 08:36 PM

1 + 3 * 6 = 19

(1 + 3) * 6 = 24

I was laughing at this too. Somebody stayed home sick on Order of Operations day in 3rd grade.

JB0B0
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM

1+3x6=19.

Edit: Someone noticed this before me :)

Sixerlover
02-02-2011, 12:44 AM
If he gets 33 minutes a game and plays like he is now, he could be a 17 and 10 guy. That's IF he is playing like he is now. That would be allstar caliber, especially in the west

All Star Caliber? That would mean he'd be the 2nd best C in the league. In only 33 minutes a game. That's special.

sunsfan88
02-02-2011, 12:44 AM
howard
bynam
perkins
noah
horford
bogut
bargs
lopez
hibbert
marc gasol
gortat

no specific order, but he would be like top 15 and im sure im missing some 5's in there somewhere.

You forgot Kwame Brown, Jarron Collins, Earl Barron, Darko Millic, Eddie Curry & Nenad Kristic.

I think its fairly obvious that all those guys I mentioned are ten times better than Gortat. :D

JB0B0
02-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Gortat=beast. 19 and 11 tonight

n83417
02-03-2011, 01:50 AM
The moment I saw he was traded, I picked him up in my fantasy league and he has been great.

JB0B0
02-03-2011, 02:03 AM
He's bringing the suns back to relevancy

AlexanderPearce
02-03-2011, 02:55 AM

right dude... Gortat is decent but come on... relative to what?

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 09:39 AM

right dude... Gortat is decent but come on... relative to what?

exactly

And he isn't a beast either....... Zach Randolph is a beat, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin are beasts. Marcin Gortat is playing as expected IMO. No where near beasting.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM

sheesh, careful what you wish for ;)

SunsFanIam
02-03-2011, 10:59 AM

I would say Bynum would be better if he could ever stay healthy. He is in his 6th nba season and so far has only been injury free one of those seasons. Now looking at it from a GM point of view I would rather have Gortat. When looking at Centers you want to look at injuries, Contract, Rebounding, and defense. Bynum is better at offence but everything else I think goes to Gortat because he is able to stay on the floor. So yes Bynum would be better if he could stay on the floor but Gortat is playing bench min and producing at the same level Bynum does with starter min.

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I would say Bynum would be better if he could ever stay healthy. He is in his 6th nba season and so far has only been injury free one of those seasons. Now looking at it from a GM point of view I would rather have Gortat. When looking at Centers you want to look at injuries, Contract, Rebounding, and defense. Bynum is better at offence but everything else I think goes to Gortat because he is able to stay on the floor. So yes Bynum would be better if he could stay on the floor but Gortat is playing bench min and producing at the same level Bynum does with starter min.

Could you do me a favour and start a thread in the general section of this forum. Name it Better defender and rebounder Andrew Bynum or Marcin Gortat? Make a poll if you so wish.

Andrew Bynum is on a higher tier than Marcin Gortat on the defensive end IMO I base this on what I've seen Andrew Bynum do when healthy for that Laker defense. But hey you have your opinion. Make a thread and lets see who agrees.

SunsFanIam
02-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Could you do me a favour and start a thread in the general section of this forum. Name it Better defender and rebounder Andrew Bynum or Marcin Gortat? Make a poll if you so wish.

Andrew Bynum is on a higher tier than Marcin Gortat on the defensive end IMO I base this on what I've seen Andrew Bynum do when healthy for that Laker defense. But hey you have your opinion. Make a thread and lets see who agrees.

I could make a thread but it is a waste of time on here, it would turn into a huge homer fest and we all know their are tons of Lakers fans on here. I am not trying to diss Bynum at all. I actually like the kid for the most part. I am just saying Bynum has the luxury of playing next to another 7 footer next to him who also has good defence. Lets be real Lakers as a whole have excellent defense which shows you Bynum has help. I am not saying Bynum does not play defense because he does, but I think it is a group effort that helps him out. Gortat has no real help. You have a couple people on the Suns that play defense that's it. I think Suns defence is getting better, but no where near good.

shizzle09
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM

hell yeah!!

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I could make a thread but it is a waste of time on here, it would turn into a huge homer fest and we all know their are tons of Lakers fans on here. I am not trying to diss Bynum at all. I actually like the kid for the most part. I am just saying Bynum has the luxury of playing next to another 7 footer next to him who also has good defence. Lets be real Lakers as a whole have excellent defense which shows you Bynum has help. I am not saying Bynum does not play defense because he does, but I think it is a group effort that helps him out. Gortat has no real help. You have a couple people on the Suns that play defense that's it. I think Suns defence is getting better, but no where near good.

I think you have it mixed up bro.

Bynum helps the Lakers more than the Lakers help him. Look at the Lakers splits with and without him as a starter.

Go back to 07-8 where he anchored their defense before Pau arrived. Where everyone was buzzing that he is finally living up to his potential. He was one of the best defensive players to start that season and many said he was the front runner for DPOY. Marcin Gortat while still good is quite frankly not in Andrew Bynum league.

When healthy Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Greg Oden and Dwight Howard are in a league of their own as far as defense goes among NBA Centers. At his peak Gortat would be on the same level of a Kendrick Perkins and Joakim Noah. He is very good but not great. His defense isn't going to win you a basketball game Bynum's can and has done so.

Thegame187
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Over the last few weeks he has looked pretty solid, however last year I though Lopez was coming along nicely and he can't have lost it that bad with getting injured. You also need to allow for the Nash affect (honestly that guy could get Chuck Hayes 20 points a night, he's the best passing PG in the league, which makes him the best PG). With Nash celebrating his 50th birthday sometime this year you have to assume, so I would trade Nash, Hill, and Gortart to someone and strat rebuilding (you should be able to get something good for a those 3 guys who can help a team right now).

king4day
02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Over the last few weeks he has looked pretty solid, however last year I though Lopez was coming along nicely and he can't have lost it that bad with getting injured. You also need to allow for the Nash affect (honestly that guy could get Chuck Hayes 20 points a night, he's the best passing PG in the league, which makes him the best PG). With Nash celebrating his 50th birthday sometime this year you have to assume, so I would trade Nash, Hill, and Gortart to someone and strat rebuilding (you should be able to get something good for a those 3 guys who can help a team right now).

Gortat is a decade younger than those two. Why would we trade Gortat? He's part of that rebuilding process.

Lopez played well next to Amar'e. He looked equally as bad when he was coming off our bench earlier last season when Frye was starting. When he's THEE big man, he is exploited for the lack of offensive talent as we've seen. Good but not great.
Gortat alone has completely changed this team. We would give up a large amount of second chance points. Marcin is putting a stop to that.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
All Star Caliber? That would mean he'd be the 2nd best C in the league. In only 33 minutes a game. That's special.

Nash 7 time allstar never played over 34 minutes a game. happens bro

exactly

And he isn't a beast either....... Zach Randolph is a beat, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin are beasts. Marcin Gortat is playing as expected IMO. No where near beasting.

apparently you havent been actually WATCHING the games. 21 and 13 in 30 mpg in the last three. and in dominating fashion. he will continue this. sit back and enjoy.

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Nash 7 time allstar never played over 34 minutes a game. happens bro

apparently you havent been actually WATCHING the games. 21 and 13 in 30 mpg in the last three. and in dominating fashion. he will continue this. sit back and enjoy.

Dude what the HELL are you talking about dominating fashion.

Shaq dominated, Dwight dominates. Marcin Gortat is playing well. You are hell a overrating him now.

Until he does this for an extended period of time I would never be stupid enough to one say he's putting up numbers in dominating fashion and 2. that he's a top five C in the NBA and 3. that he's beasting. 3 games dude 3 games? Jerome James did what Gortat is doing. I think Gortat is X10000 better than James ever was and ever could be but give it time.

21 and 13 in dominating fashion.... :confused:

I guarantee you had Bogut played last night you guys would be singing a different tune.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Shaq dominated, Dwight dominates. Marcin Gortat is playing well. You are hell a overrating him now.

Until he does this for an extended period of time I would never be stupid enough to one say he's putting up numbers in dominating fashion and 2. that he's a top five C in the NBA and 3. that he's beasting. 3 games dude 3 games? Jerome James did what Gortat is doing. I think Gortat is X10000 better than James ever was and ever could be but give it time.

I guarantee you had Bogut played last night you guys would be singing a different tune.

21 and 13 in 30 MINUTES bro! That's dominating. You can DOMINATE a single game or even a single quarter. You dont have to be dominate your whole career to do so in 3 games. If you would watch the ****ing games you would see that he has offensive skills.

It's funny how just because a player was a backup his first few years people become blind to the talent when they finally get there chance.

I never said he was a top 5 center NOW. Read and comprehend first please

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
21 and 13 in 30 MINUTES bro! That's dominating. You can DOMINATE a single game or even a single quarter. You dont have to be dominate your whole career to do so in 3 games. If you would watch the ****ing games you would see that he has offensive skills.

It's funny how just because a player was a backup his first few years people become blind to the talent when they finally get there chance.

I do watch the games. I watched last night's game, not in its entirety but I saw the vast majority of Gortat's minutes on the floor.

I also am not surprised by any of what he's doing I thought he would be doing this from the word go. There is a reason why Dallas pushed so hard for him a couple off-seasons ago but what Gortat has been doing is NOT dominating. 21 and 13 over a 3 game span is NOT dominating.

What Amar'e did in the 05 playoffs is dominating. What he did in the second half of last season is dominating. Marcin is playing well and is living up to expectations. Nothing fascinating. We see numbers like these every single night and there are at least 10 Cs in the NBA capable (because they have done so in the past on teams with a much slower pace) of putting up such numbers over a 3+ game span.

While you may be a Sun fan I have been a Gortat fan since his days with Rhein Energie Koln and I can tell you I know his game o too well, I can tell virtually every Sun fan what to expect from him. When the Magic acquired his rights from you guys on for cash in 05 I thought they would have a formidable C of the to play behind Dwight in the foreseeable future.

I know what I am talking about. He is a very solid player but a perennial all star hell now. Right now he isn't even cracking the top 10 Cs in the league.

I watch basketball madam I know what I am talking about.

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I never said he was a top 5 center NOW. Read and comprehend first please

Did I say you did?

You read and comprehend yourself.

There was another Sun fan earlier who did.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I do watch the games. I watched last night's game, not in its entirety but I saw the vast majority of Gortat's minutes on the floor.

I also am not surprised by any of what he's doing I thought he would be doing this from the word go. There is a reason why Dallas pushed so hard for him a couple off-seasons ago but what Gortat has been doing is NOT dominating. 21 and 13 over a 3 game span is NOT dominating.

What Amar'e did in the 05 playoffs is dominating. What he did in the second half of last season is dominating. Marcin is playing well and is living up to expectations. Nothing fascinating. We see numbers like these every single night and there are at least 10 Cs in the NBA capable (because they have done so in the past on teams with a much slower pace) of putting up such numbers over a 3+ game span.

While you may be a Sun fan I have been a Gortat fan since his days with Rhein Energie Koln and I can tell you I know his game o too well, I can tell virtually every Sun fan what to expect from him. When the Magic acquired his rights from you guys on for cash in 05 I thought they would have a formidable C of the to play behind Dwight in the foreseeable future.

I know what I am talking about. He is a very solid player but a perennial all star hell now. Right now he isn't even cracking the top 10 Cs in the league.

I watch basketball madam I know what I am talking about.

You are completely ignorant of everything i am saying.

HE HAS DOMINATED THE LAST 3 GAMES

Amare' comparison (last 3 games converted to 37.2 minutes)

Stat: 26.1 ppg 8.7 rpg 50% fg 2.2 bpg

Gortat: 26 ppg 16.1 rpg 69% fg 2.1 bpg

that's domination over 3 games and if you don't thinks so you are a moron..

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 02:20 PM
You are completely ignorant of everything i am saying.

HE HAS DOMINATED THE LAST 3 GAMES

Amare' comparison (last 3 games converted to 37.2 minutes)

Stat: 26.1 ppg 8.7 rpg 50% fg 2.2 bpg

Gortat: 26 ppg 16.1 rpg 69% fg 2.1 bpg

that's domination over 3 games and if you don't thinks so you are a moron..

And what was the point I made earlier?

Jerome James did the same damn thing, there are countless players in the NBA who has done just that. Played well over a 3 game span. Dominating NO. Dominance starts with consistency 3 games is NOT a long enough period to decipher dominance. Try again.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Did I say you did?

You read and comprehend yourself.

There was another Sun fan earlier who did.

By placing that between the two quotes that i said you are insinuating that i did say that. It you are going to argue with things that i say then don't pull other suns fans into this

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
And what was the point I made earlier?

Jerome James did the same damn thing, there are countless players in the NBA who has done just that. Played well over a 3 game span. Dominating NO. Dominance starts with consistency 3 games is NOT a long enough period to decipher dominance. Try again.

This is what you are not comprehending. If Jerome James did this then Jerome James dominated for 3 games. Or did he not because he is Jerome James?? hmm..

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:27 PM
If i played you a game to 100 and you beat me 100-0, could you not say you dominated that ONE game if i beat you 99 different games?

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
This is what you are not comprehending. If Jerome James did this then Jerome James dominated for 3 games. Or did he not because he is Jerome James?? hmm..

could you kindly start a thread on this so you can see how wrong you actually are.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
could you kindly start a thread on this so you can see how wrong you actually are.

Obviously there is no helping you.. but hey i tried :shrug:

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
By placing that between the two quotes that i said you are insinuating that i did say that. It you are going to argue with things that i say then don't pull other suns fans into this

Did you at any time say that Marcin Gortat is "beasting" because I would take it that I also insinuated that you said that as well, but for some reason you take no offense to that.

Tell me why is this?

You very well know what I mean I said I would not do it I never once said that you said anything.

Until he does this for an extended period of time I would never be stupid enough to 1 say he's putting up numbers in dominating fashion and 2. that he's a top five C in the NBA and 3. that he's beasting.

Did I not say I would not say did. Are you honestly that slow?

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
If i played you a game to 100 and you beat me 100-0, could you not say you dominated that ONE game if i beat you 99 different games?

Dude the fact is him put up solid numbers but did NOT do it in dominating fashion. He has played great what is so hard to understand about that.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Did you at any time say that Marcin Gortat is "beasting" because I would take it that I also insinuated that you said that as well, but for some reason you take no offense to that.

Tell me why is this?

You very well know what I mean I said I would not do it I never once said that you said anything.

Did I not say I would not say did. Are you honestly that slow?

Dude the fact is him put up solid numbers but did NOT do it in dominating fashion. He has played great what is so hard to understand about that.

Punctuation, please? I can only read as good as the typer. :cool:

This is going nowhere fast. Can't explain it on a simple enough platform for you. Nice talking to you and good luck with that head thing.

sunnydayin'zona
02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
stop overrating gortat. yes, he's been very good for us, but it is far too early to figure out his rating in the top centers in the league.

lets say, if he continues 17/10/2 for the rest of the season, we can begin to speculate where he stands in the league.

also, he is not the sole reason the suns are doing better defensively over this stretch, its a team mentality they've picked up. remember when all of this started? this started a week or two ago the game after they had that open forum team meeting w/ coaches, FO exec's, players, owners on the center court. that's when their defense started.

you guys aren't even arguing about gortat anymore, you're just bickering about what the other one said.

and to the suns fans in this thread, stop making us look like homers (bulls fans) by overrating our players so much

sunnydayin'zona
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Punctuation, please? I can only read as good as the typer. :cool:

This is going nowhere fast. Can't explain it on a simple enough platform for you. Nice talking to you and good luck with that head thing.

stop being a douche. swashcuff didnt even pick a fight with you, you are just mad because he doesnt agree with you.

sunnydayin'zona
02-03-2011, 02:52 PM

its not even like he was actually dominating in the games, either. yes, he's had some good stats, and he's been playing pretty well, but he's only played slightly better than the suns other bigs (frye, lopez) over the past few games, honestly.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
stop overrating gortat. yes, he's been very good for us, but it is far too early to figure out his rating in the top centers in the league.

lets say, if he continues 17/10/2 for the rest of the season, we can begin to speculate where he stands in the league.

also, he is not the sole reason the suns are doing better defensively over this stretch, its a team mentality they've picked up. remember when all of this started? this started a week or two ago the game after they had that open forum team meeting w/ coaches, FO exec's, players, owners on the center court. that's when their defense started.

you guys aren't even arguing about gortat anymore, you're just bickering about what the other one said.

and to the suns fans in this thread, stop making us look like homers (bulls fans) by overrating our players so much

stop being a douche. swashcuff didnt even pick a fight with you, you are just mad because he doesnt agree with you.

its not even like he was actually dominating in the games, either. yes, he's had some good stats, and he's been playing pretty well, but he's only played slightly better than the suns other bigs (frye, lopez) over the past few games, honestly.

Lol i believe him calling me madam was when the fight started. Which you just started with me by calling me a douche. Till then it was a civilized disagreement. And i believe he was mad because i wasn't agreeing with him either

Saying he had (3!!) dominating games and is a POSSIBLE (not probable) 5-7 center in the FUTURE based on the nice display of games we have seen is overrating him?

sunnydayin'zona
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Lol i believe him calling me madam was when the fight started. Which you just started with me by calling me a douche. Till then it was a civilized disagreement. And i believe he was mad because i wasn't agreeing with him either

Saying he had (3!!) dominating games and is a POSSIBLE (not probable) 5-7 center in the FUTURE based on the nice display of games we have seen is overrating him?

yes, yes it is. he did not dominate, he played well...for 3 games. it is not time to suggest he is top 5-7 at his position because you have no evidence to back it up.

Oh, and from a 3rd party perspective? you started it. You even get the benefit of the doubt from me, because we're both suns fans. Despite that, you still started it. And now you're bickering with me. We're not chicago fans, stop acting like one.

that is all.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 03:12 PM

gortat 21 and 13

frye 10 and 8.7

lopez 8.7 and 4

frye shot horribly btw

Swashcuff
02-03-2011, 03:13 PM
yes, yes it is. he did not dominate, he played well...for 3 games. it is not time to suggest he is top 5-7 at his position because you have no evidence to back it up.

Oh, and from a 3rd party perspective? you started it. You even get the benefit of the doubt from me, because we're both suns fans. Despite that, you still started it. And now you're bickering with me. We're not chicago fans, stop acting like one.

that is all.

The suns fans are some of the most respected and logical fans on PSD. That however does not mean one will get loose from the pack. He is that one.

wmudford
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM

that is all.

:facepalm: Once again people i said he is possible (not probable) in the future which also means maybe, not likely, but could be.

and does it really matter that we are both suns fans when it is over a topic we don't agree on?

:sigh: im pretty sure you jumped right in on our disagreement calling me a douche (which is bickering) and you expect me not to do the same back? Guess i should lay on my back with my tail between my legs

goose15
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
sheesh, careful what you wish for ;)

Robin Lopez > any Knick center right now..

wmudford
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
The suns fans are some of the most respected and logical fans on PSD. That however does not mean one will get loose from the pack. He is that one.

Respect: Not calling a dude madam or jumping in on other peoples arguments calling people douches. Yep thats me

sunsfan88
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM
If he keeps playing at this level, is Gortat a possible candidate for Most Improved Player?

Bruno
02-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Gortat has been killin' it!

I'm so mad for not picking him up in fantasy.

Bishnoff
02-03-2011, 09:52 PM
If he keeps playing at this level, is Gortat a possible candidate for Most Improved Player?

Nah, I think Love has that award tied up.

STAT32
02-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I think one thing you guys are leaving out about Gortat has been his efficiency, he's been averaging over 70% from the field in the past 3 games.

I like Gortat as much as the next guy, but I won't go so far as to say he dominated any game he's played as a Sun. What I will say is that he could develop into a 20 and 12 guy. Once this team decides Lopez is not a starting caliber center, Gortat will have another burst of development.

sunsfan88
02-04-2011, 02:44 AM
I think one thing you guys are leaving out about Gortat has been his efficiency, he's been averaging over 70% from the field in the past 3 games.

I like Gortat as much as the next guy, but I won't go so far as to say he dominated any game he's played as a Sun. What I will say is that he could develop into a 20 and 12 guy. Once this team decides Lopez is not a starting caliber center, Gortat will have another burst of development.

Well said. :cheers:

JB0B0
02-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Why is Gortat not starting at this point? He's obviously better than Lopez..

JPHX
02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Why is Gortat not starting at this point? He's obviously better than Lopez..

hes getting starter type minutes. plus our bench has been a disappointment this year so i dont mind him coming off the bench.

J-Relo
02-04-2011, 05:55 AM
hes getting starter type minutes. plus our bench has been a disappointment this year so i dont mind him coming off the bench.

30 minutes a game over last 3 games, he should get more

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2011, 07:25 AM

LOL yeah give us Wilson...and you got a deal

PHX2daDEATH
02-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Ive been watching Basketball for 20 years.. and I'll say there are only about 10 players ive seen dominate...Jordan...Kobe.. Barkley..Shaq.. Amare..Le'Bron..Wade AI, Duncan ......you get the point.. Marcin is not dominating..he's playing good and giving us that inside punch we've been lacking but by no means is he dominating..and for the record the bucks are the worse team offensively in the league..if Bogut was playing not much would change in that game..

I don't know why he isn't starting though.. he's getting 30-34 minutes a night and Lopez is getting 10-15.. thats not exactly showcasing Lopez for a trade now is it.. Knicks fans want Lopez but does Donny Walsh? a 22 year old center who has injury and dedication issues..i would be fully open to trading Lopez and hope a team would take him on based on his age and how he's played in the past next to a good PF...

Swashcuff
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Ive been watching Basketball for 20 years.. and I'll say there are only about 10 players ive seen dominate...Jordan...Kobe.. Barkley..Shaq.. Amare..Le'Bron..Wade AI, Duncan ......you get the point.. Marcin is not dominating..he's playing good and giving us that inside punch we've been lacking but by no means is he dominating..and for the record the bucks are the worse team offensively in the league..if Bogut was playing not much would change in that game..

I don't know why he isn't starting though.. he's getting 30-34 minutes a night and Lopez is getting 10-15.. thats not exactly showcasing Lopez for a trade now is it.. Knicks fans want Lopez but does Donny Walsh? a 22 year old center who has injury and dedication issues..i would be fully open to trading Lopez and hope a team would take him on based on his age and how he's played in the past next to a good PF...

Good Post

If the comment about Bogut was directed at me what I mean what his impact on that team defensively. Gortat would have had to work much harder.

sunsfan88
02-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Gortat is definitely better than Hibbert.

In a direct match-up today, Gortat had 17 pts, 11 boards while Hibbert totaled 8 pts & 6 rebounds. Gortat has more double-doubles than any reserve in the NBA.

Gortat for MOST IMPROVED PLAYER!!!!!!

DoJoTheSlasher
02-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Jesus Christ....

1. He is good but not all star calibur.

2. Everyone has mentioned about 10 centers and not Tyson Chandler.... Chandler is an elite center, the 2nd best center in the NBA right now, he turns this Dallas team into a top 5 defensive team in the NBA, averages 10.7 and 9.5 with All NBA ELITE Defense...

Swashcuff
02-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Jesus Christ....

1. He is good but not all star calibur.

2. Everyone has mentioned about 10 centers and not Tyson Chandler.... Chandler is an elite center, the 2nd best center in the NBA right now, he turns this Dallas team into a top 5 defensive team in the NBA, averages 10.7 and 9.5 with All NBA ELITE Defense...

Dude WTF are you talking about?

There is one Centre who's name deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as the word Elite his name is NOT Tyson Chandler.

There is not way I am going to convince you that Horford, Noah, Bynum or Bogut are better than Ty so I wont try but you really need to stop being such a blatant homer.

faze38
02-28-2011, 08:46 AM

This sounds good to me but I want Gortat if I could choose.

faze38
02-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Great post but I think u forgot to put Melo and T-Mac on your list.

The thing about Lopez tho is that he always gives a good effort on D and that is what the Knicks need so if they want to give him up I think Donnie would take him. Thats of course if he tries out Jerome Jordan and he fails.

AIRMAR72
02-28-2011, 12:40 PM
this. He's good, but playing with nash makes him look better. If he's not playing with nash, would he really be as effective offensively.
ive said here awhile ago that he will surprise da league he held his own against howard in practice he just wasnt getting playing time and playing with nelson who is a shoot 1st PG fans didnt know what gortat was capable off

ghettosean
02-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I like Gortat and I agree that he's definately a starting Centre in this League... I wouldn't put him at the top of my list but I'm a Raptors fan and when I heard he was on the market I was praying he would come to us but oh well the suns made the move and grabbed him up. I also think he's going to get better with more starting minutes.

WAYNEBO
02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I've been pretty impressed with Gortat. Any backup big man who can score is gonna be a hot commodity.

DoJoTheSlasher
02-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Dude WTF are you talking about?

There is one Centre who's name deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as the word Elite his name is NOT Tyson Chandler.

There is not way I am going to convince you that Horford, Noah, Bynum or Bogut are better than Ty so I wont try but you really need to stop being such a blatant homer.

1. Horford is a PF.

2. Joakim Noah has been hurt all year and he is close to Chandler.

3. Andrew Bynum has been hurt as well and Chandler has been better by far this year.

4. Bogut is the only one I would say could be better but Chandler has been elite defensively and offensively and rebounding wise vs the top elite teams in the NBA. Chandler is an elite defender.

No homerism, I'm not the one who just looks at stats. I look at an actualy player outside of the stats. Sure if Dwight Howard is considered as elite then Chandler is next tier but they are both elite as Centers and what Centers do for a team. Chandler is the 2nd best center in the NBA this season and Miami, Boston, LA, Orlando, San Antonio, Chicago, etc... know about that.

bovice163
02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Gortat is the man, Polish hammer represent! He isn't an All-Star by any means, but he is a really solid C and defensive presence. The guy has been playing really well for Phoenix, and I'm really happy that they could make use of him.

bovice163
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
1. Horford is a PF.

3. Andrew Bynum has been hurt as well and Chandler has been better by far this year.

4. Bogut is the only one I would say could be better but Chandler has been elite defensively and offensively and rebounding wise vs the top elite teams in the NBA. Chandler is an elite defender.

No homerism, I'm not the one who just looks at stats. I look at an actualy player outside of the stats. Sure if Dwight Howard is considered as elite then Chandler is next tier but they are both elite as Centers and what Centers do for a team. Chandler is the 2nd best center in the NBA this season and Miami, Boston, LA, Orlando, San Antonio, Chicago, etc... know about that.

Disagree. Chandler might be the 2nd best defensive center in the league, but not the best center overall. I will take Horford and Noah over him, specifically because they are nearly just as good defensively, better passers, Horford is better offensively, and they are younger than he is.

Swashcuff
02-28-2011, 01:18 PM
1. Horford is a PF.

Naturally but he has played the C EXCLUSIVELY for every season since he has come into the league. He guards the oposing team's C every single game and they match up against him on the other side of the floor.

:facepalm: Joakim Noah has already proven that he is indeed better than Tyson Chandler ever was and ever will be. WTF are you basing this on him being hurt for?

WTF Chandler has been better? He has been just as impactful but he is no where near the player on either of the floor that Andrew Bynum is. You are beyond homer.

You are CLEARLY delusional.

Tyson Chandler is currently my second favourite player outisde of a 76ers uniform I can't wait for tonight's game to see him against my team I actually WATCH basketball and pay great attention to Mavs basketball and Chandler for his entire career and not just this season but since he attended Dominguez High School.

You are not only overrating the player on your team but you are being hands down the biggest homer I've seen in quite some time.

Could you please start a thread to prove me wrong. Please hell start it in the Mavs forum since by your logic only Mavs fans know about Tyson Chandler.

Swashcuff
02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Since when is Tyson Chandler a top 2 defensive C in the NBA. The two best defensive Cs in the NBA are HANDS DOWN Dwight Howard and Andrew Bogut. Just look at the games and you'd see what a HUGE impact Andrew Bogut has on the Bucks defensively. He's a fantastic on the ball defender and help defender. Not to mention his ability to draw the charge or block the basketball. He's the best C in the NBA in doing both effectively.

bovice163
02-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Since when is Tyson Chandler a top 2 defensive C in the NBA. The two best defensive Cs in the NBA are HANDS DOWN Dwight Howard and Andrew Bogut. Just look at the games and you'd see what a HUGE impact Andrew Bogut has on the Bucks defensively. He's a fantastic on the ball defender and help defender. Not to mention his ability to draw the charge or block the basketball. He's the best C in the NBA in doing both effectively.

It's not that far off, you could make a case for either. The impact that Tyson has made on the Mav's defense, is just about as impactful as Bogut's for Milwaukee, the difference is that the Mav's have a better team, and Tyson has translated that to more wins.

DoJoTheSlasher
02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Naturally but he has played the C EXCLUSIVELY for every season since he has come into the league. He guards the oposing team's C every single game and they match up against him on the other side of the floor.

:facepalm: Joakim Noah has already proven that he is indeed better than Tyson Chandler ever was and ever will be. WTF are you basing this on him being hurt for?

WTF Chandler has been better? He has been just as impactful but he is no where near the player on either of the floor that Andrew Bynum is. You are beyond homer.

You are CLEARLY delusional.

Tyson Chandler is currently my second favourite player outisde of a 76ers uniform I can't wait for tonight's game to see him against my team I actually WATCH basketball and pay great attention to Mavs basketball and Chandler for his entire career and not just this season but since he attended Dominguez High School.

You are not only overrating the player on your team but you are being hands down the biggest homer I've seen in quite some time.

Could you please start a thread to prove me wrong. Please hell start it in the Mavs forum since by your logic only Mavs fans know about Tyson Chandler.

Joakim Noah is not by far a better player. He is a better passer, hustler and offensive player. Chandler is a better rebounder, not by much and a better defender. If anything they are tied....

Andrew Bogut, like I said, is the only one on the list that I think is better than Chandler.

This year, Chandler is better than Bynum... easily.

I am not being a homer, if you watched Mavs games, you would see how much better by far we are with Chandler. Centers are about rebounding and defense, Chandler gets an A+ in both categories.

I am not saying he blows them out of the water, this year he is better and his play has shown it.

You obviously only look at stats... You probably think Iverson was better than Kobe. Not trying to change the subject just curious.

Overall, there is nothing wrong with saying Chandler is an elite center or the 2nd best because he is EASILY top 5 lock. If you talk overall talent then yeah Bogut is better as is Noah but from a center standpoint, Chandler is better imo. Same with PG, Deron Williams is a better player than Rondo but Rondo is a better Point Guard.

smith&wesson
02-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Gortat is legit.

Double_R
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM

See in one thread we have no common ground, but here, Dwight is clearly the best defensive center in the NBA and has been for several years. That is why the Magic have been one of the best defensive teams without a bunch of really great defenders and without a ton of length. He is by far the best, but number 2 is Andrew Bogut; He has been excellent. Perkins is also in the number 2 category.

Raph12
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Has a lot to do with Nash, but I'll let you know next year...

sunsfan88
02-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I've been pretty impressed with Gortat. Any backup big man who can score is gonna be a hot commodity.

And rebound.

Gortat IMO is a top 5 center in the West if you count Duncan and Gasol as PFs.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-28-2011, 07:08 PM
The guy is doing work.

The guy who got him in the NBA Redraft got a steal.

Swashcuff
02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Joakim Noah is not by far a better player. He is a better passer, hustler and offensive player. Chandler is a better rebounder, not by much and a better defender. If anything they are tied...

Noah is better in every aspect of defense excluding on the ball defender. You need to start WATCHING other teams play.

Have you seen the impact Bynum has had on the Lakers defense since returning? Have you seen their

I am not being a homer, if you watched Mavs games, you would see how much better by far we are with Chandler. Centers are about rebounding and defense, Chandler gets an A+ in both categories.

I do watch the Mavs play. Thing is I also watch other teams which I why I would have an appreciation for other players and not just be a blatant homer.

You obviously only look at stats... You probably think Iverson was better than Kobe. Not trying to change the subject just curious.

Unlike you I am actually a logical poster who has an idea of what he's talking about and most importantly UNBIASED

Overall, there is nothing wrong with saying Chandler is an elite center or the 2nd best because he is EASILY top 5 lock. If you talk overall talent then yeah Bogut is better as is Noah but from a center standpoint, Chandler is better imo. Same with PG, Deron Williams is a better player than Rondo but Rondo is a better Point Guard.

An ELITE player is a player who can win you a game single handily with his with his impact/play on the floor that is not Tyson Chandler. I must admit I don't watch every single Mavs game as probably you do but of the games that I have seen Tyson Chandler's defense single handily win the Mavs basketball games in the way Dirk Nowitzki's clutch play and offensive ability has.

Again I say to you. START A THREAD!

sunnydayin'zona
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Has a lot to do with Nash, but I'll let you know next year...

I dont know, we're not really focusing on his scoring. His scoring is without a doubt helped greatly by nash. But we're more of saying he is so much better because he is finally getting the minutes to showcase his defense, rebounding, and honestly, leadership. The suns defense has not sucked for the first time in the nash era, and it pretty much came from gortat and his calling out the suns defensively when he got to phoenix.

Also,
go here.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593797

Thats the tyson chandler thread

DwayneMVPwade
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Always thought he was a good centre, just playing behind D12 hurt him

Jewelz0376
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Joakim Noah is not by far a better player. He is a better passer, hustler and offensive player. Chandler is a better rebounder, not by much and a better defender. If anything they are tied....

Andrew Bogut, like I said, is the only one on the list that I think is better than Chandler.

I am not saying he blows them out of the water, this year he is better and his play has shown it.

No way Chandler is a better rebounder than Noah Noah would be top 5 in boards if he didn't get hurt this year...so he doesnt have enough games to qualify, but when he's playing he's getting 12 boards a night..

sunsfan88
03-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Always thought he was a good centre, just playing behind D12 hurt him

Yup and if Howard leaves via free agency, you have to wonder if Orlando will regret not keeping Gortat...