PDA

View Full Version : Warriors interested in Iguodala

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
The Warriors have more than $17 million in expiring contracts and if they make a move it would likely be for a small forward.

Andre Iguodala has been on the radar of the Warriors for a while, according to team sources.

"If Dorell Wright is coming off the bench," one team source said, "we're a really good team. That would solve two problems. It would give us the upgrade in talent, and it would bolster our bench significantly."

Iguodala is signed through the 13-14 season.

Via San Jose

Good move? Who would be involved?

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
as a 76ers fan the only player on that team that would be of any value to us would be Curry and since we're not going to get him I see no reason to ship Iggy to Golden State.

eXpLiiCt
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Monta....

arosen36
01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Take him, ill even drive him to the airport

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
here's an actual link to the article

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_17239364?source=rss&nclick_check=1

arosen36
how about the expiring contracts and a first?

SugeKnight
I would love to have iggy as our sf, especially if all it took was our pick and some expirings

fadedmario
as a 76ers fan the only player on that team that would be of any value to us would be Curry and since we're not going to get him I see no reason to ship Iggy to Golden State.

Maybe Monta Ellis

eXpLiiCt
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
How bout monta:)

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
here's an actual link to the article

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_17239364?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Thanks - :)

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe Monta Ellis

That will only be a step backwards for us.

Doug Collins has actually been very happy with his leadership as of late, if we are moving him it will have to be for a player or players that make sense for us in the immediate future.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1049&line=151488&spln=1

210Don
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
ehhh wont really matter.

albertc86
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Iggy is so overrated. If he can't take Philly anywhere, how is he going to take Golden State anywhere in the western conference?

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
I am not being a homer on this at but IMO if Iggy was to go to a system such as the one in Golden State and start alongside a quality PG such as Steph Curry he could actually flourish into a fringe All-Star. Especially if he begins to play less on the ball and more as a slashing scoring option.

ChaseHamels
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
ehhh wont really matter.

Maybe next time you should try to make a really obnoxious unconstructive comment...

oh wait...

D1JM
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Luol Deng: The Chicago forward would give the Warriors better size and rebounding at that position. He also would be the Warriors' most-efficient scorer at that position in recent memory. Obstacles? Deng is due $40 million over next three seasons. Is he that good? Also, Chicago would probably want Ellis but would have to settle for expiring contracts. Is that enough?

i doubt we would give up deng for expiring's or monta. the only scenario i see that happening is if golden state, bulls and denver do a three team trade and golden state takes deng

Bulls_fan90
01-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Don't see this happening. 76ers have been playing well lately.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Iggy is so overrated. If he can't take Philly anywhere, how is he going to take Golden State anywhere in the western conference?

Because he wont be relied on to be their franchise player and #1 scoring option. With Curry, Lee, Wright, Reggie Williams (assuming they all stay) they'd have more than enough fire power. In a system such as theirs he will be able to maximise on his playmaking/finishing ablilities. Chemistry wise he'll be a better fit for them than Monta currently is.

Crackadalic
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
76ers are 7th in the east and are playing well. I doubt they trade him knowing that

thedfactor
01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
If Philly were actually interested in moving Iggy and Golden St was the landing spot, I'd like to see Dallas jump in for Monta Ellis, w/ Mavs send Butler's expiring and Roddy B to Philly. Is that fair?

Lim
01-31-2011, 09:02 PM
as much as i want iggy and brand gone this year, its not gonna happen. our management is dumb as bricks and thinks iggy is a franchise player and are content on keeping him... smh.. the fact that the sixers are doing better should not matter, this team should be rebuilding or else we will be stuck in mediocrecy land for a looong time.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
If Philly were actually interested in moving Iggy and Golden St was the landing spot, I'd like to see Dallas jump in for Monta Ellis, w/ Mavs send Butler's expiring and Roddy B to Philly. Is that fair?

1st to begin with, HELL NO

2nd why would we want Roddy when we already have our PG of in the future in Jrue Holiday and our ball hog in Louis Williams.

3rd you can't trade injured players.

4th that's a horrible trade.

lvlheaded
i doubt we would give up deng for expiring's or monta. the only scenario i see that happening is if golden state, bulls and denver do a three team trade and golden state takes deng

I dont understand it. Chicago fans always talk about how good Deng is yet they are so quick to include him in any possible trade that comes up. The Bulls are playing great ball right now, why would they mess that up by trading Deng? More importantly, why would they mess that up by bringing in someone like Monta who, although vastly talented and a good player, has a history of being a nuisance?

Chicago is stuck with Deng and his contract for the foreseeable future, IMO. Which I dont think is as bad as people seem to make it, other than financially.

SpectrumDweller

This isn't fair at all. The only way the Sixers would move Iguodala is if they got a young big in return. The Sixers already have Holiday, Turner, Lou Williams, and Meeks in the back court. Why would they want Roddy? So basically we'd be trading Andre for an expiring and a bench player essentially getting us nowhere. IF the Sixers traded Iggy to the Warriors, Andris Biedrins and a 1st round pick would have to be discussed.

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM
I dont understand it. Chicago fans always talk about how good Deng is yet they are so quick to include him in any possible trade that comes up. The Bulls are playing great ball right now, why would they mess that up by trading Deng? More importantly, why would they mess that up by bringing in someone like Monta who, although vastly talented and a good player, has a history of being a nuisance?

Chicago is stuck with Deng and his contract for the foreseeable future, IMO. Which I dont think is as bad as people seem to make it, other than financially.

Chicago shouldn't mess with their lineup at all unless it means they are getting a SG. They are a starting SG short of being a serious contender.

thedfactor
01-31-2011, 09:08 PM
1st to begin with, HELL NO

2nd why would we want Roddy when we already have our PG of in the future in Jrue Holiday and our ball hog in Louis Williams.

3rd you can't trade injured players.

4th that's a horrible trade.Actually you can.

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Actually you can.

He was talking about 2k11... lol ;)

thedfactor
01-31-2011, 09:09 PM
This isn't fair at all. The only way the Sixers would move Iguodala is if they got a young big in return. The Sixers already have Holiday, Turner, Lou Williams, and Meeks in the back court. Why would they want Roddy? So basically we'd be trading Andre for an expiring and a bench player essentially getting us nowhere. IF the Sixers traded Iggy to the Warriors, Andris Biedrins and a 1st round pick would have to be discussed.Yeah, noticed Hawes is a FA after the season and most likely he's leaving. Definitely need help in the big department.

arosen36
01-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Chicago shouldn't mess with their lineup at all unless it means they are getting a SG. They are a starting SG short of being a serious contender.

they have the second best record in the east with noah out, i think theyre already contenders

thedfactor
01-31-2011, 09:10 PM
He was talking about 2k11... lol ;):laugh2: exactly. I do hate that though on 2k

Mile High Champ
Monta for Iggy makes perfect sense to me at this point makes sense though I have no idea how Ellis and Turner would look in the backcourt going forward.

Il Mago 7
i would say manta id like to see curry develop better at a warrior then a 76er they suck :)

footballer2369
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
That will only be a step backwards for us.

Doug Collins has actually been very happy with his leadership as of late, if we are moving him it will have to be for a player or players that make sense for us in the immediate future.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1049&line=151488&spln=1

How about expirings and Udoh for Iggy and scraps? Seems like Udoh would really help the Sixers...

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
they have the second best record in the east with noah out, i think theyre already contenders

I'm not knocking the Bulls man. But if you had a decent 2 guard you guys would be scary. That's all.

fadedmario
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Monta for Iggy makes perfect sense to me at this point makes sense though I have no idea how Ellis and Turner would look in the backcourt going forward.

Can Turner play SF? - He can rebound

rsteeley91
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM

kinda hard when he has no one around him

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 09:17 PM
How about expirings and Udoh for Iggy and scraps? Seems like Udoh would really help the Sixers...

Even that in itself takes us back a step. We are looking to move forward with the young talent we have and add some experience not more youth. We'd be in the same boat as the Pacers, building through the draft almost every off-season

WizFan3
01-31-2011, 09:21 PM
2nd rounder cash brandan wright

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 09:21 PM

The only reason Monta would make any sense for us is because we'd finally have a consistent scorer that we are currently lacking, he'd also have the ideal running mate at guard in Jrue Holiday who is a much better defender than Curry and can pick up the slack for Monta on that end of the court. Holiday is our PG of the future there is no way Monta comes in and takes a starting position away from him. IF he was a sixer he'd be starting at SG and PG.

D1JM
01-31-2011, 09:46 PM

i dont see where i said i wanted monta. I didnt put deng in the trade, the article did.

IversonIsKrazy
01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Iggy would be a better fit next to Curry than Ellis IMO.

BrahCake954
01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
who cares

flclfanman
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
But doesn't the 76ers have an army of guards?

I know Ellis and Curry are good but what about Holiday,Meeks,Evans,Williams, etc.?

Why not go for D. Wright or Biedrins or something that sin't a guard?

dtmagnet
01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Would be a great fit, he and Curry would be a good tandem.

zambo4president
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Yupp it's horrible to be stuck with a 17 and 6 Small Forward that plays good d with a consistent 3 point shot. Those numbers hardly even do his justice, Deng's legit. A lot of Bulls fans were quick to want to trade him when he was hurt because he had an ugly contract for his production at the time. He's worth every penny now.

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 11:07 PM
NOOOO to Monta. Effs no

Either Curry to team 3, Big man to philly and Iguodala + piece from team 3 to GSW or we'll just keep Iguodala

robbnen#31
02-01-2011, 01:04 AM
We have a misleading title on our hands. There was no rumor, inside sources, or any information coming from the Warriors management about there being interest in Andre Iguodala within this article. The only information coming from a source related to the Warriors is:

"If Dorell Wright is coming off the bench," one team source said, "we're a really good team. That would solve two problems. It would give us the upgrade in talent, and it would bolster our bench significantly."

Iguodala was the first player mentioned out of him, Josh Smith, Deng, Green, and Granger by the author of the article. It was simply pure speculation, nothing different than the trade proposals us PSD posters make on a daily basis.

abe_froman
02-01-2011, 01:08 AM
i'm calling,either for biedrins or expirings

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-01-2011, 02:39 AM
iggy in golden state would be nice.

TrueFan420
02-01-2011, 03:44 AM
to all philly fans asking for curry for iggy thats a no and if it was at all on the table you do know you'd have to give up your much loved jrue with iggy and maybe more. curry is the real deal.

xabial
02-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Why does it seem likethe warriors are always looking for bad long term commitments?

aussie
02-01-2011, 05:06 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4e4sojb

:)
I guess Philly can get some picks and rebuild
Clear a shyza load of cap

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-01-2011, 05:10 AM

i wouldn't give up Roddy B straight up even for Ellis and I'm not a mavs fan

BkOriginalOne
02-01-2011, 05:19 AM
I've always thought he would be a good fit for the Warriors.
Steph needs to share the backcourt with more efficient 2 guard than Monta anyways.
I could see a 3rd team getting involved though.

tadmanny
02-01-2011, 05:19 AM

then i feel sorry for your lack of bball knowledge. Its a joke the lack of love ellis receives.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Given the fact that their window of opportunity is currently closing a bit, I'd totally understand why they'd make such a move. If Dirk was 2-3 years younger I'd fully agree with you but fact is there isn't much uphill movement for their best players going forward.

Would I do it, maybe not but for a Kevin Martin type, yeah sure why not.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4e4sojb

:)
I guess Philly can get some picks and rebuild
Clear a shyza load of cap

And then where do we stand?

For the next 5 years we continue to be a rebuilding team? We'd love to shed some salary but this is a team that can possibly be relevant again within the next 2-3 years we need value for value not to restart everything. I won't mind giving Brand for picks and expirings but much more could be had for Iguodala.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Why does it seem likethe warriors are always looking for bad long term commitments?

Well place Iggy in that system with those type's of players (especially a PG like Step Curry who can not only run the floor well but flat out shoot the basketball) and you maximize Iggy's skill set. Much like Wilson Chandler playing so well in your system in NY. Suddenly his contract starts to look less horrible. That system is ideal for Iguodala.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 08:59 AM
to all philly fans asking for curry for iggy thats a no and if it was at all on the table you do know you'd have to give up your much loved jrue with iggy and maybe more. curry is the real deal.

No one asked for Curry, all we said is that he'd be their only player that would make any real sense for our organization if we're going to give up Iguodala. That's a fact.

aussie
02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
ohh i frgot to mention picks...i guess they can get like GS 1st and Sac 1st and Hornets 2nd

Korman12
02-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Hence why we don't think any trade with GS will happen.

DisturbedFTW83
02-01-2011, 09:33 AM
as much as i want iggy and brand gone this year, its not gonna happen. our management is dumb as bricks and thinks iggy is a franchise player and are content on keeping him... smh.. the fact that the sixers are doing better should not matter, this team should be rebuilding or else we will be stuck in mediocrecy land for a looong time.

agreed, also heard a Rod Thorn interview saying Iguodala is the Darrell Revis of the NBA.............................i'm still trying to understand that. I would believe that championship run of the Pistons, Ben Wallace was the Darrell Revis of the NBA. See the horrible comparison? Ben Wallace = Intimidating. Andre Iguodala = Same initials as Allen Iverson? Hated the fact that the Sixers FO at the time was scared to let Iggy go because they'd have NO ONE in the seats if he signed elsewhere.

Back to the topic: they can have Iguodala and that weird look he does after a hard slam dunk. Looking like Bubba Gump and ****.

Also proud to say I saw him at an Apple Store here in South Jersey, a woman wanted a picture with him, he asked me and I said no, and continued with my business.

DisturbedFTW83
02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
We have a misleading title on our hands. There was no rumor, inside sources, or any information coming from the Warriors management about there being interest in Andre Iguodala within this article. The only information coming from a source related to the Warriors is:

Iguodala was the first player mentioned out of him, Josh Smith, Deng, Green, and Granger by the author of the article. It was simply pure speculation, nothing different than the trade proposals us PSD posters make on a daily basis.

oh..well they can still have him for expiring contracts and one of their cheerleaders.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 09:40 AM
agreed, also heard a Rod Thorn interview saying Iguodala is the Darrell Revis of the NBA.............................i'm still trying to understand that. I would believe that championship run of the Pistons, Ben Wallace was the Darrell Revis of the NBA. See the horrible comparison? Ben Wallace = Intimidating. Andre Iguodala = Same initials as Allen Iverson? Hated the fact that the Sixers FO at the time was scared to let Iggy go because they'd have NO ONE in the seats if he signed elsewhere.

Back to the topic: they can have Iguodala and that weird look he does after a hard slam dunk. Looking like Bubba Gump and ****.

Also proud to say I saw him at an Apple Store here in South Jersey, a woman wanted a picture with him, he asked me and I said no, and continued with my business.

This is honestly the worst post in this entire thread :facepalm:

Just give him up for nothing see how much that benefits our franchise. Sometimes I really wonder what team guys like you are cheering for.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM

So what aren't we rebuilding? :confused:

No one wants Brand. NO ONE!!! Don't pin that on the management.

As far as Iggy goes we need to make the best deal for our franchise. You want to know how we stay in mediocrity? Trading away our better players for crumbs, expirings and a 2016 1st round pick. What next do we do? Look for a big name FA at C. Ok so lets say we trade away Iggy and are able to sign Marc Gasol but he doesn't materialize and doesn't improve in the least bit, where do we go from there?

We need a solid foundation if we are to rebuild. Jrue and Evan are a good start now build on that with a proven veteran winner. If we can't get that right now for Iggy it really doesn't make sense trading him because we'll in all likeliness taking a step backwards by doing so.

JDink24
02-01-2011, 09:50 AM

:puke:

shead5223
02-01-2011, 09:51 AM
No one asked for Curry, all we said is that he'd be their only player that would make any real sense for our organization if we're going to give up Iguodala. That's a fact.

All you guys are missing the boat here. It does not matter what we get for Iggy, the fact is his contract is beyond horrendous and he's slowing down Turner's progress. We need to move Iggy and rebuild people. For expirings, picks. We can't be picky. He must go!

JOSKOMANG4
02-01-2011, 10:01 AM
- PF B.Wright, SF Radmanovic, 2011 2nd rd pick & 2012 1st rd pick in exchanged SF/SG Iggy.

Warriors lineup:

C) Biedrins/Gradzuric/Amundson
PF) Lee/Udoh
SF) Iggy/Wright/Williams
SG) Ellis/C.Bell
PG) Curry/Lin/Law

Sixers:

C) Speights/Hawes/Battie
PF) Brand/Wright/Songalia
SF) Young/Nocioni/Brackins
SG) Turner/Kapono/Meeks
PG) HOliday/Williams

Mplsman
02-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Iggy is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Swashcuff
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
All you guys are missing the boat here. It does not matter what we get for Iggy, the fact is his contract is beyond horrendous and he's slowing down Turner's progress. We need to move Iggy and rebuild people. For expirings, picks. We can't be picky. He must go!

Dude we need to move BRAND for expirings. No one is missing the boat here bro. Elton Brand is who we need to move for expirings. Andre Iguodala even with his horrendous contract and dive in production is still worth much more than expirings and picks. We are destined for mediocrity if we use one of our better players in the prime of his youth in a trade for expirings. A lot more could potentially be had for Iggy than just expirings.

Why don't you guys seem to realize this. He still has a much more value league wide than you guys even realize.

How is Iggy slowing down Turner's progress? Evan Turner is slowing down Evan Turner's progress. Louis Williams is slowing down Turner's progress.

We can't be picky he must go sounds like someone has no clue how the NBA is ran. Just trade him for the first deal any team offers right. Then we rebuild. What happens if Turner doesn't pan out. Where do we go from there.

Your logic has us destined for mediocrity.