PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball Reference Page

Gators123
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2011.html

An Extremely Ticked Off Cavs Season-Ticket Holder sponsor(s) this page.

You have clicked on the Basketball-Reference.com page featuring the flotsam of the worst owner in professional sports, the Napoleonic carnival barker dwarf, Dan Gilbert. Compared to Dan Gilbert, Ted Stepien was a freakin' genius.

:laugh2:

ManRam
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Well said. :laugh:

I hate that man. Very few things I allow myself to hate, he is one of them.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
that is awesome actually

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
:clap::laugh:

I fully agree with that.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Just perusing the site some more...

LeBron James has 8.2 win shares. The Cavs team as a whole has 8.23...

Wow.

bahama0811
01-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Haha, that's funny.

SteBO
:laugh:

Hawkeye15

Wow.

yeah but if they had Big Z, Shaq, Delonte, and Mike Brown, they would be a .500 team....

:puke:

ManRam
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
"Napoleonic carnival barker dwarf" is now officially my new go-to insult.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 06:46 PM
yeah but if they had Big Z, Shaq, Delonte, and Mike Brown, they would be a .500 team....

They'd be the best team in the league Hawkeye, just like they were at this point last season.

netsgiantsyanks
haaa. silly cavs. whats even worse is that they have to face lebron tonight.

LayZbone

Wow.

Gators123
01-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Holy ****. Click on some of the players names, it gets even better!

Example:

J.J Hickson's page

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hicksjj01.html

This page is a tribute to the only player in the NBA with a lower basketball IQ than Drew Gooden.

philab
01-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Wait, what's wrong with Gilbert?

cambovenzi
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Haha that is great. He sponsored some other pages too.

Danny Ferry acquired and grossly overpaid numerous stiffs during his horrible five-year reign of error, methodically destroying the Cavaliers franchise. But Daniel Gibson is the sole Ferry stiff that almost makes you say, "Hey, I kinda miss Damon Jones!"

haggis
01-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Holy ****. Click on some of the payers names, it gets even better!

Example:

J.J Hickson's page

HAHAHAHA

Hawkeye15
Holy ****. Click on some of the payers names, it gets even better!

Example:

J.J Hickson's page

this guy is my hero

Hawkeye15
Mo Williams

featuring the Godfather of the All Time NBA NON Defensive Team. Also Lifetime Member of the NBA ALL Brick Laying Team. New Inner Belt Bridge To Be Made With Mo's Bricks To Save Money

cambovenzi
01-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Mo WIlliams:

featuring the Godfather of the All Time NBA NON Defensive Team. Also Lifetime Member of the NBA ALL Brick Laying Team. New Inner Belt Bridge To Be Made With Mo's Bricks To Save Money.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Clearly this anonymous user is LeBron James. God that guy is a prick!

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
The Cavs are such a great team. Not basketball wise, but comedy.

I stare at my calender daily waiting for the immortal Wizards at Cavs game. It's going to be legendary

netsgiantsyanks
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
the damon jones joke=:no:. i named my little brother after him.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 06:55 PM
The Cavs are such a great team. Not basketball wise, but comedy.

I stare at my calender daily waiting for the immortal Wizards at Cavs game. It's going to be legendary

What's even better is that the Wizards last game of the year is at the Cavs. Imagine if they go into Cleveland 0-41 on the road, and the Cavs are still stuck on 8 wins, 1 away from tying the Sixers for the worst record ever.

How epic would that game be?!?!

Slimsim
01-31-2011, 06:55 PM

Why do you hate him ?

jkcronyn
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
i hope cleveland has tanked the last 20 games just to prepare for miami and win hahaha what a story line

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
What's even better is that the Wizards last game of the year is at the Cavs. Imagine if they go into Cleveland 0-41 on the road, and the Cavs are still stuck on 8 wins, 1 away from tying the Sixers for the worst record ever.

:jumpy:

Niro
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
hahahah this is so great hahaha

Raph12
01-31-2011, 07:00 PM

And Varejao (out for the season)...

Arch Stanton
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM

Why do you even care! You're a Magic fan? Are you secretly a Cavs fan? Or just another idiot in love with LeBrick James?

ManRam
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Why do you hate him ?

Well, first off, he sucks at his job. Secondly, he handled LeBron leaving about as immature as possible. He's the team owner...he should be much more professional than that. LeBron's camp made a terrible decision to do The Decision, but besides that, he did nothing wrong. Dan acted like LeBron had just shot his mom in the head...when in reality he just honored his contract, gave his all, never complained while under contract, and took his perfectly acceptable opportunity to leave the team when he was a FA. Dan Gilbert acted immature, childish, rude, disingenuous, jealous and frankly, foolish.

But in all actuality, I don't hate him. He's, from every account, a good and charitable person. I just don't mind that his team is sucking so much. It is karma, frankly...

Arch Stanton
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM

That's fine. Because in a few years when Dwight Howard leaves Orlando they're gonna suck just as bad as the Cavs.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Why do you even care! You're a Magic fan? Are you secretly a Cavs fan? Or just another idiot in love with LeBrick James?

Yes, I'm the idiot. Especially since I use names like LeBrick. :rolleyes:

I care because I've never seen an owner act as immature and childish before in my life. Also, I feel bad for the fans and the team...and Dan is why they have it so bad right now. Clearly, this Cavs fan agrees with me.

Oh no! I don't absolutely hate LeBron and bash every breath he takes! I'm an idiot in love...

Come on dude. Get over your hate and biases.

gbrl
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM

who do you pick to win if this scenario plays out

Slimsim
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, first off, he sucks at his job. Secondly, he handled LeBron leaving about as immature as possible. He's the team owner...he should be much more professional than that. LeBron's camp made a terrible decision to do The Decision, but besides that, he did nothing wrong. Dan acted like LeBron had just shot his mom in the head...when in reality he just honored his contract, gave his all, never complained while under contract, and took his perfectly acceptable opportunity to leave the team when he was a FA. Dan Gilbert acted immature, childish, rude, disingenuous, jealous and frankly, foolish.

But in all actuality, I don't hate him. He's, from every account, a good and charitable person. I just don't mind that his team is sucking so much. It is karma, frankly...

:clap:

ManRam
01-31-2011, 07:05 PM
That's fine. Because in a few years when Dwight Howard leaves Orlando they're gonna suck just as bad as the Cavs.

Did I do something to you?

Arch Stanton
01-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes, I'm the idiot. Especially since I use names like LeBrick. :rolleyes:

I care because I've never seen an owner act as immature and childish before in my life. Also, I feel bad for the fans and the team...and Dan is why they have it so bad right now. Clearly, this Cavs fan agrees with me.

Oh no! I don't absolutely hate LeBron and bash every breath he takes! I'm an idiot in love...

Come on dude. Get over your hate and biases.

Yeah you're right you're so mature. Going on a Cleveland Cav's Thread and trashing the Cavs and Dan Gilbert. I guess you're over your hate and biases. Get a life you tool!

SteBO
01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah you're right you're so mature. Going on a Cleveland Cav's Thread and trashing the Cavs and Dan Gilbert. I guess you're over your hate and biases. Get a life you tool!
Calm down bro.

netsgiantsyanks
01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
im dead serious too. i didnt wanna name him lebron or some ****.

Arch Stanton
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Did I do something to you?

No but I guess the Cav's and Dan Gilbert did something to you.

philab

Oh please, he wrote one emotional letter, the primary purpose of which was to rally the fanbase after a devastating loss. That's it.

The guy is one of the better owners in sports. He ****ing draped the city of Cleveland in LeBron and Cavaliers stuff and went well above and beyond what is standard to make Cavaliers' games an EVENT. Ever been to one? They're still amazing to this day, except for that whole playing basketball part.

This is uncharacteristic ***-talking from you. Really, you are just WAY, WAY off base here.

Arch Stanton
Calm down bro.

Kaboom!

Giaps
I feel bad for Cavs fans man.

Minimal
featuring the Godfather of the All Time NBA NON Defensive Team. Also Lifetime Member of the NBA ALL Brick Laying Team. New Inner Belt Bridge To Be Made With Mo's Bricks To Save Money.
Yeah, truly describes best teammate LeBron had to play with.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM

I'm not making fun of the Cavs, I'm making fun of Gilbert for tangible and deserving reasons...I apologize if I offend you.

And that's what this thread is doing too, and that's what everyone else is doing. I have no issues with the Cavs, I just have no respect for Gilbert anymore...why should I?

Minimal
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
This deserves a ban.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh please, he wrote one emotional letter, the primary purpose of which was to rally the fanbase after a devastating loss. That's it.

The guy is one of the better owners in sports. He ****ing draped the city of Cleveland in LeBron and Cavaliers stuff and went well above and beyond what is standard to make Cavaliers' games an EVENT. Ever been to one? They're still amazing to this day, except for that whole playing basketball part.

This is uncharacteristic ***-talking from you. Really, you are just WAY, WAY off base here.
How's he off base? What Dan Gilbert did was childish and unprofessional, and he did handle the LeBron tenure poorly. How can you deny that? It was clear from the start. ManRam never said he was a bad person.

ManRam
01-31-2011, 07:15 PM

I'm sorry for expressing my negative opinions on someone for once. I'll stop after this, since apparently it is shocking people.

The owner of an NBA franchise needs to be held to higher standards. The matter of the fact is that almost universally it was opined that he acted incredibly poorly...and he should be held to higher standards.

To turn on someone for leaving your team when he had every right to, and when if anyone else left it wouldn't be a big deal...is classless. LeBron did more for that franchise than Gilbert will ever do.

Calling it a "cowardly betrayal", continually defecating on LeBron's name, and completely throwing him under the bus is not professional nor is it acceptable. Hence why he was fined. I commend his ambition and determination...but he went about doing so in a terrible manner. It was far more egregious than what LeBron did...but LeBron is LeBron, and Dan is Dan, so the double standard that LeBron is subjected to sticks its head into things once again.

Again, it is remarkable how that city still stands behind that team. Dan has done a good job assuring that. But once the hate wares off, I can't see many more sold out games. And again, I'll feel for the fans, but I'll never feel for Gilbert. If I'm a player, after hearing what he said, I'd never want to play for him.

That's all. Sorry for acting "uncharacteristically". I stand by everything I said...and I'll go back to not expressing negative opinions about people's character ever again.

StriveGreatness
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I feel bad for Cavs fans man.

I don't.

netsgiantsyanks
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
my input. dan gilbert was dumb for what he did. im not a fan of the whole decision thing, but in the end, lebron did what he wanted to do. and gilbert should of just respected that and let it be. the funniest of all things is that he guaranteed a championship before lebron got one. how is that working out for ya, gilbert?

TheDiggler
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Great ! :laugh:

stawka
01-31-2011, 07:28 PM
LMAO @ Manram getting drilled for nothing. WTF man?!

And LOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL @ the page, awesome!

WizFan3
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
wow lol

philab
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry for expressing my negative opinions on someone for once. I'll stop after this, since apparently it is shocking people.

The owner of an NBA franchise needs to be held to higher standards. The matter of the fact is that almost universally it was opined that he acted incredibly poorly...and he should be held to higher standards.

To turn on someone for leaving your team when he had every right to, and when if anyone else left it wouldn't be a big deal...is classless. LeBron did more for that franchise than Gilbert will ever do.

Calling it a "cowardly betrayal", continually defecating on LeBron's name, and completely throwing him under the bus is not professional nor is it acceptable. Hence why he was fined. I commend his ambition and determination...but he went about doing so in a terrible manner. It was far more egregious than what LeBron did...but LeBron is LeBron, and Dan is Dan, so the double standard that LeBron is subjected to sticks its head into things once again.

Again, it is remarkable how that city still stands behind that team. Dan has done a good job assuring that. But once the hate wares off, I can't see many more sold out games. And again, I'll feel for the fans, but I'll never feel for Gilbert. If I'm a player, after hearing what he said, I'd never want to play for him.

That's all. Sorry for acting "uncharacteristically". I stand by everything I said...and I'll go back to not expressing negative opinions about people's character ever again.

I'm not defending the letter, but it was one mistake in a moment of passion. The guy has acted relatively professionally ever since. He didn't take the bait to criticize LeBron when the Heat visited Cleveland in December. He attended the game and kept his mouth shut. There were no special "**** Yous" to LeBron or anything like that.

I'm not requiring that you "feel for" Gilbert. He's got millions upon millions of dollars, and this is the name of the game in sports and in business. But he's a very good owner. That's my point. He did everything he could to keep LeBron in Cleveland. It's not his fault that Cleveland isn't a huge market, LeBron wanted to play with other superstars, the team wasn't able to win a championship, Ferry wasn't able to swing a huge trade or re-sign him.

I don't care if you criticize Gilbert, so don't get all defensive. My point is that you're just way off-base here.

The guy has been a first-rate owner. That may change next year perhaps, but as of right now, he's been amazing. A mistake or two should not tarnish that.

philab
01-31-2011, 07:36 PM
How's he off base? What Dan Gilbert did was childish and unprofessional, and he did handle the LeBron tenure poorly. How can you deny that? It was clear from the start. ManRam never said he was a bad person.

Again, I'm not defending the letter. It was a stupid decision in the heat of passion, intended to rally the fanbase. But to just deride the guy for 20 minutes of ranting? Seems crazy.

Baltoro
01-31-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2011.html

Word of the day: Flotsam.

So much win.

Bulls_fan90
01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
This deserves a ban.

Why? Because he called him a tool? ohh no :speechless::cry:

kgjfan243
01-31-2011, 08:31 PM
thats great

SportsAndrew25
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
:laugh: So True. Gilbert looks like a ****** right now for that "We will beat Lebron to a title" line.

SportsAndrew25
01-31-2011, 09:31 PM

Wow.Fail of the century right there. :speechless: