PDA

View Full Version : Where Would The Heat Be If They Had Signed Amare Instead of Bosh?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2011, 08:03 AM
I think even Heat fans should be able to admit at this point that Bosh has been somewhat of a disappointment (though still a very good player), but considering the how Amare and Felton have helped to create some real excitement for the Knicks this season, I have to wonder: Where would the Heat be if they had chased after Amare instead of Bosh?

There is the obvious possibility that they would be no better or worse, that Amare might not have chemistry with LBJ and Wade, but at the same time, his ability to face the basket, post up, hit the jumper and create off the dribble would be a huge asset, and he's even rebounding a little better.

So where do you all think Miami would be if they had picked up Amare instead of Bosh?

farren.louis
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
A lil better, but not good enough to beat the celtics, orlando, or L.a. in the playoffs his offense yea is better than bosh, but defense and rebounding is same as bosh

farren.louis
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Question, y arent the heat going after j-williams??

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
why do the biggest LeBron/Heat haters ALWAYS start threads about them, then in the very next breath turn around and complain that there are too many threads?

Anyways based on what Amar'e has shown this season the Heat would undoubtedly be the best team in all of basketball. Obviously his numbers and impact on the game will not be as big as it is in NY but just basing on how he has performed they'd be better off this season IMO.

Bulls_fan90
01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
They'd be without Wade & Lebron because the three stooges wanted to play together.

Heediot
01-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Not much better at all, probably same or even worse lol. If they signed Boozer, they would be better chemistry wise.

eXpLiiCt
01-31-2011, 08:50 AM
They would be worse, all 3 would want the ball in there hands, Bosh D > Amares D

champ101695
01-31-2011, 08:51 AM
stoudemire wade and james were original planned big three from the start.
Amare said on ESPN.

J-Relo
01-31-2011, 08:56 AM
the question should be - who's better PF?

J-Relo
01-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Amare said on ESPN.

link?

OG "Dee" LOCc
01-31-2011, 09:07 AM
honestly it would have made more sense to sign boozer, so they have a little more cap space for another free agent solidifying there team and like 6 championships lol

what boozer gives u isnt much off from what bosh gives u...hell it can be argued hes better

amare wouldn't have made THAT much of a difference as boozer + extra free agent would have

SteBO
01-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I admit Boozer would've been better, bt outside of that, who cares? We have Bosh now, and I get the feeling that you're discrediting Bosh based off the first 10 games he's played here. Since then, he's been great for us and regarding Amare, he's putting up the numbers he has now because he's getting all the touches in NY, well, most of them I should say. Amare wouldn't be putting up the same numbers in Miami. Just saying.

xabial
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
its too bad for Heat Fans Stern is Taking away the Mid Level Exception. Heat could have added some scary pieces in the future, and if used correctly that could have been a Dynasty Team.

(For all of you who dont know what the Mid Level Excemption is, its money a team has to sign a player if the team is over the cap) Lakers used it to Sign Ron Artest, Mavericks used it to sign Shawn Marion, and etc. The Mid Level Excemption is usually a three to five year contract, or two if a team wants to make a short commitment.

avrpatsfan
01-31-2011, 09:28 AM
I think this thread's been done but whatever. They would be better no doubt.

GMEN4EVER
01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
If the Heat had signed Amar'e they'd be virtually unstoppable. Bosh is a good player, but Amar'e is the most dominant player in the game when it comes to scoring in the paint. And now he has a good mid range game as well. Plus now that he's out of Phoenix he's actually playing some defense. 2 blocks per game is something I don't see Bosh pulling off ever. He's a far more dangerous scorer when on the move compared to Bosh. If the Heat had signed Amar'e they'd be even better basically. Not by leaps and bounds, but definitely better.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
its too bad for Heat Fans Stern is Taking away the Mid Level Exception. Heat could have added some scary pieces in the future, and if used correctly that could have been a Dynasty Team.

(For all of you who dont know what the Mid Level Excemption is, its money a team has to sign a player if the team is over the cap) Lakers used it to Sign Ron Artest, Mavericks used it to sign Shawn Marion, and etc. The Mid Level Excemption is usually a three to five year contract, or two if a team wants to make a short commitment.

There's no guarantee that he will succeed in doing so.

xabial
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
There's no guarantee that he will succeed in doing so.

He's the commisioner, and its almost written in stone... League's losing $, and weather its extreme drastic measures like contraction, taking away the Mid-Level Excemption, or simple things like making contracts less player friendly something will be done.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
He's the commisioner, and its almost written in stone... League's losing $, and weather its extreme drastic measures like contraction, taking away the Mid-Level Excemption, or simple things like making contracts less player friendly something will be done.
Also heard that the league could have 2 MLE's.

xabial
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Also heard that the league could have 2 MLE's.

Why? To encourage owners to give longer contracts, especially during these tight economic times and struggling franchises? Where did you hear that???

SteBO
01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Why? To encourage owners to give longer contracts, especially during these tight economic times and struggling franchises? Where did you hear that???
I'm looking for the link right now, bt you're right. It doesn't make much sense to me either, bt it's been out there. Just a rumor though.

dnewguy
01-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Even the Knicks will take Bosh over Amare...drop is already, Bosh is a better and more efficient.

Avenged
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
I see Amare as a more of a #1 type of player..

As in a more "selfish" player per se who demands the ball a lot more. He may be the better player but I do not think it would work with Lebron and Wade who demand the ball a lot.

king4day
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Amar'e excels with a pick and roll partner. In Miami, he wouldn't have that. I do think Bosh is the better fit. He takes it when it comes to him whereas Amar'e needs is to be effective.

YankeeClipper5
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Even the Knicks will take Bosh over Amare...drop is already, Bosh is a better and more efficient.

I would never take Bosh over Amare. Put Bosh on the Knicks and we'd be way under .500

Bosh is a better fit for the Heat because he's the 3rd option. Amare is a 1 and a superstar.

RCarlson85
This is another pointless thread to bash the Heat. No one can say definitely if the Heat would be better or worse with Amare. Saying that they would be just because of the stats that Amare is putting up by himself as the only go to guy in NY is just ignorant. You don't think Bosh could score more if he were by himself? Let's see he already did that in Toronto. Amare needs the ball in his hands more than Bosh does. He is more of a #1 option than Bosh in my opinion. I think there would just be more chance of butting heads if Amare were in Miami. If you're going off the first few weeks of the season when Bosh was struggling, you need to watch some Heat games. He started playing far better even before they started the long win streak and fits in well with Wade/Lebron.

lvlheaded

Id love to meet the Knicks fan that said they'd take Bosh over Amar'e. I dont think Bosh could carry a team the way Amar'e can, he doesnt have the leadership skills. Not only that, The year Amar'e is having right now is better than the best year of Bosh's career. On top of all that, everyone likes to talk about Amar'es injury history yet I dont seem to remember Bosh ever playing a complete season.

Ill take Amar'e over Bosh 10 times out of 10 as a number 1 option.

That said, to answer the question, I dont think the Heat would be any better off since Amar'e needs the ball more than Bosh. Now if they would have gotten Boozer instead, thatd be a whole different story.

RCarlson85
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Id love to meet the Knicks fan that said they'd take Bosh over Amar'e. I dont think Bosh could carry a team the way Amar'e can, he doesnt have the leadership skills. Not only that, The year Amar'e is having right now is better than the best year of Bosh's career. On top of all that, everyone likes to talk about Amar'es injury history yet I dont seem to remember Bosh ever playing a complete season.

Ill take Amar'e over Bosh 10 times out of 10 as a number 1 option.

That said, to answer the question, I dont think the Heat would be any better off since Amar'e needs the ball more than Bosh. Now if they would have gotten Boozer instead, thatd be a whole different story.

I think Amare's injury problems are exaggerated as well. I wouldn't have been worried about him coming to the Heat if that's the way things had worked out. I don't agree about Bosh's injury problems though. Bosh may have missed some games, but his injuries have never been of the same magnitude as Amare's. I wouldn't expect Knicks fans to pick Bosh over Amare, especially after seeing how he has done for you.

T-Smooth
01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
I never wanted Amar'e to begin with for the Heat. I love what Chris Bosh brings to the Heat. Amar'e needs the ball and he wouldnt mesh with two others that need the ball to be effective. Bosh has been great for MIA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
They would be worse, Bosh is underrated by many and he's better player than Amare.

lvlheaded
01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I think Amare's injury problems are exaggerated as well. I wouldn't have been worried about him coming to the Heat if that's the way things had worked out. I don't agree about Bosh's injury problems though. Bosh may have missed some games, but his injuries have never been of the same magnitude as Amare's. I wouldn't expect Knicks fans to pick Bosh over Amare, especially after seeing how he has done for you.

Thats very true, Amar'e had those two very serious injuries but seems to have come back fine from them since. Bosh just always seems to get nicked up. I should have explained that better.

And dont get me wrong, if we would have gotten Bosh, I would have been fine with that, but like you said, Amar'e has come in here and been an absolute monster for us and I always felt that he was better suited to be the #1 option than Bosh was, especially since he knows D'Antoni's system.

todu82
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
They'd be better, they probably would get the 70 wins everyone expected of them going into ths season.

ATX
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
This thread again? What more is there to discuss that hasn't been rehashed a million times already.

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
1. Amare cant spread the floor like bosh does and thats what we need to get the lane open for lebron and wade. Dont believe me look at our record w/o bosh when hes not in the paint is just clogged by an extra pf of the opposing team because they dont have a shot to respect and can double in the lane. Amare would just clog it since he playing inside.

2. Amare needs the ball in his hands bosh doesnt therefor can be a capable 3rd option and amare wouldnt come close to avg his numbers on the HEAT as a 3rd option.

We might be a bit better on offense since amare is used to running the floor as well but we'd be screwed in the halfcourt game.

So the answer is probably not better maybe even worse.

mttwlsn16
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
They'd be better, they probably would get the 70 wins everyone expected of them going into ths season.

agreed

Flash3
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM

NO, if amare is that good then his team should be alot better no ?

ATX
01-31-2011, 11:34 AM
And to answer the question, probably in the same position we're in now. An elite team, still having question marks at center and a point gaurd.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
1. Amare cant spread the floor like bosh does and thats what we need to get the lane open for lebron and wade. Dont believe me look at our record w/o bosh when hes not in the paint is just clogged by an extra pf of the opposing team because they dont have a shot to respect and can double in the lane. Amare would just clog it since he playing inside.

2. Amare needs the ball in his hands bosh doesnt therefor can be a capable 3rd option and amare wouldnt come close to avg his numbers on the HEAT as a 3rd option.

We might be a bit better on offense since amare is used to running the floor as well but we'd be screwed in the halfcourt game.

most of those points are incorrect imo . either bosh or amare would be great we got bosh and that nothing else to it.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
and to answer the question, probably in the same position we're in now. An elite team, still having question marks at center and a point gaurd.

+1

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
most of those points are incorrect imo . either bosh or amare would be great we got bosh and that nothing else to it.

So amare is a jump shooting pf? because as ive seen in phx and in ny he plays majority in the paint.

and he does do better than probably any pf in the fast passed offense ala phx and NY tempos so thats 2 right there out of 3 points.

and amare avgs more shot attempts than bosh leaving no evidence to prove he can play as a 3rd option without the ball in his hands. thats 3

sep11ie
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I think they'd be in Seattle if that happened.

JayTee1981
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Problem with the HEAT is that you have too many #1 guys and not enough touches to go around, I have said this before and I will say it again on paper LeBron, Wade and Bosh are the best 3 in recent history, but they are showing that too many #1's on one team (and none of them being a elite passing PG) is causing alot of problems.

Amare will not change it in fact the HEAT may be worst because Amare knows he is a #1 and that the offense needs to run thur him in Miami the Offense is running thur LBJ or Wade first and Amare will have problems with that....I do not think that is a bad thing because Amare can ball and his jumper is deadly, most Championship Teams you have players with specfic roles other than scoring, Amare is a scorer first he overall game has improved but he is a 23+ SCORER that can play good (not great YET defense)

This year the two teams with the best record are Celtics, Spurs. The Celtics have Paul Pirece as their #1 scorer, Rondo runs the offense and finds the guys, he also dose a little of everthing like the glue for a team, Allen is the #2guy and Garnett hits the boards and defend the paint, has Perkins there to help, rather we all have our opinions about Garnett but it is what it is.

The Spurs are the same Ginobili and Parker are the #1/2 guys, Duncan hits the boards and defends the paint, and even has Blair for help and George Hill is the guy that dose a little of everything (like the glue for a team)

These two teams may be playing each other in the finals, and they are molded like old Bulls dynasty (without Jordan of course) with a #1 that is primary scoring, the #2 guy that scorces but can either play defense or pass the ball, one guy that focuses on hitting the boards and defending the paint, and one guy that runs the offense and passes in transitions.

The Heat do not have any of those, they have 3 #1 guys, no one to hit the boards, and a half way decent guy to defend the paint and no one to run the offense/ pass in transition and no Wde is not that guy he keeps the ball half the time so unless they address that they will not win a title.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 11:54 AM

1. you are severly underating his jumpshot he is more than capable hitting the open jumper

2. no he doesn't he is a very good off the ball player he has done alot of that in phx

3. amare can play the halfcourt offense very well, people are always under the assumption all phx does his run the fast break, when they slow it down amare plays very well in the half court offense.

My point is either amare or bosh would have done very well here and had we gotten amare instead alot of us would be defending amare and calling bosh soft and say how we don't need him.

marlinsfan24
01-31-2011, 11:55 AM
My preseason list of the FA PF's:
1.Amare
2.Bosh
3.Boozer.

And that's still how I see it. Amare was who I preferred over Bosh. But Bosh is the better fit because like everyone else said, Amare's a true #1 option. Bosh can play well as the 3rd option and he has.

To say Bosh has been a disappointment for Heat fans means you clearly have not sat down and watched a Heat game because he's as important of a factor as Wade and Lebron. His ability to spread the floor makes him very important to the Heat.

unleashthebeast
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
They would be worse, all 3 would want the ball in there hands, Bosh D > Amares D

:nod:

NYKSpiritBomb
01-31-2011, 12:03 PM

just beat you guys a couple days ago :rolleyes:

Heater4life
I personally believe Bosh is the better fit for this team. Although Amare is a more skilled player, he cannot spread the floor as Bosh does. Another factor in the equation, if the Heat would have signed Amare to his 17.1 M max deal they would not have had enough money to re-sign Haslem and possibly would have lost out on Miller. That is all part of the equation of what make the HEAT TEAM better.

SteBO
And?

Flash3
01-31-2011, 12:04 PM

cavs beat boston wats your point ?

Flash3
01-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I personally believe Bosh is the better fit for this team. Although Amare is a more skilled player, he cannot spread the floor as Bosh does. Another factor in the equation, if the Heat would have signed Amare to his 17.1 M max deal they would not have had enough money to re-sign Haslem and possibly would have lost out on Miller. That is all part of the equation of what make the HEAT TEAM better.

we're assuming he takes the cut, no way we should pay him that

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 12:06 PM
1. you are severly underating his jumpshot he is more than capable hitting the open jumper

2. no he doesn't he is a very good off the ball player he has done alot of that in phx

3. amare can play the halfcourt offense very well, people are always under the assumption all phx does his run the fast break, when they slow it down amare plays very well in the half court offense.

My point is either amare or bosh would have done very well here and had we gotten amare instead alot of us would be defending amare and calling bosh soft and say how we don't need him.

1. i said boshs jumper is better i know amare can hit the occasional jump shot but nowhere near as much or as good as bosh.

2. Agreed he can play off the ball but hes always rolling to the basket ive rarely seen him pick and pop with nash. so essentially like i said hed be clogging the lane and be doing the same thing wade/lebron do.

3. He can play pick and roll half court as i said in point 2 but his strength is in the open court as u notice phx and NY did there best playing that tempo. Not saying he cant but hes obviously better suited in up tempo. Which is where i give him the advantage on bosh.

beasted86
01-31-2011, 12:06 PM

Spot on.

PurpleJesus
01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
where would the timberwolves be if they traded for dwight howard and signed lebron james? I love threads like these

Flash3
01-31-2011, 12:13 PM
1. i said boshs jumper is better i know amare can hit the occasional jump shot but nowhere near as much or as good as bosh.

2. Agreed he can play off the ball but hes always rolling to the basket ive rarely seen him pick and pop with nash. so essentially like i said hed be clogging the lane and be doing the same thing wade/lebron do.

3. He can play pick and roll half court as i said in point 2 but his strength is in the open court as u notice phx and NY did there best playing that tempo. Not saying he cant but hes obviously better suited in up tempo. Which is where i give him the advantage on bosh.

they both can shoot very well it's not like amare would be at a disadvantage with his jumper, either of them would be an equal fit and if one was the better fit it would be so minuscule that it wouldn't really be noticed IMHO.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Spot on.

i think Amare would have improved his defense had he come here, like bosh did .
being on a good defensive team would change him alot.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Worse than we are now, amare cant play D and bosh fits great. He has been really consistent. Put bosh on the knicks and he would avg the same if not etter numbers than amare.

ATX
01-31-2011, 12:22 PM

...And was Bosh playing? ;)

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 12:25 PM

:laugh2: :facepalm:

aman_13
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
lol I would really like to hear the OP's reason on why he thinks Bosh has been a disappointment.

satui10
01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
It sounds like a basketball pact made in hell (just that good)...but actually I don't think it would've worked...Stoudemire did play center for the Suns but that really isn't his true position and against teams with great penetrators like Rondo, Dirk, Kobe, etc...I doubt he would've done better than Bosh when they had him playing that position early on...so on this front I think they're equal...now to offense...Stoudemire is a lot better offensively than Bosh obviously, but I think therein lies the problem...after all is said and done, you have to think about team chemistry and that would've added even more problems having a third person who would demand the ball and shots just like James and Wade (I mean look at the confusion the Heat already shows when in last minute situations as to who to give the ball to)...Bosh doesn't demand the ball as much as Stoudemire would and so I think he gels better...so I think the Heat is better of staying as they are...

PhillyFaninLA
01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Bosh is a team guy that is friends with Lebron and Wade.

Amare is a me guy. There are certain very good to great players that are too selfish to win titles. Its not a coincidence the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl with Moss. Problem with these type of guys is they do a good job faking it and look like winners.

The Heat would be considerably worse because the team concept would be crippled.

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Hindsight is fun and everything but quite useless.. I think the Heat would be in the exact same position. What they need is a physical big man who knows how to play defense. Bosh or Amare don't fit that bill. I think the Heat made the right choice considering what alternatives were out there.

arosen36
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM

yeah, if you dont know the first thing about basketball

arosen36
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM

if the heat are that good, they should be better than third in the conference, no?

SteBO
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
yeah, if you dont know the first thing about basketball
Bosh is definitely more efficient than Amare.

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
they both can shoot very well it's not like amare would be at a disadvantage with his jumper, either of them would be an equal fit and if one was the better fit it would be so minuscule that it wouldn't really be noticed IMHO.

Thats why i ended with saying "probably the same maybe a little worse"

as bosh seems like a better fit as many have said.

ATX
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM
if the heat are that good, they should be better than third in the conference, no?

2nd after tonight...and we all seem to forget, it's year ONE. It takes time for a brand new team to gel. Let's also not forget that the vast majority of the losses came in the infancy of the season, and the latest bump in the road has been the obvious cause of the losses of all three of James, Wade, and Bosh. By season's end they'll undoubtedly be the 1 or 2 seed.

TheWatcher34
01-31-2011, 12:46 PM
wherer they'd be?? they'd be in Miami :shrug:

PhillyFaninLA
01-31-2011, 12:48 PM

It took 2 months for the Heat to come together so of course they are not higher right now. Plus Wade missed the preseason and both Bosh and Lebron have missed games. Any team with a group of new players or a new coach take time to come together. I didn't think they'd figure it out this quick.

When you make a statement like you did there maybe you should think about all the factors as to why (especially if in a previous post you question another posters basketball knowledge)?

Rivera
01-31-2011, 12:48 PM

i dont know where you get your information from

because this statement is false

SteBO
01-31-2011, 12:49 PM
i dont know where you get your information from

because this statement is false
What's Amare's FG% this year?

Edit: Nevermind, Amare's more efficient statistically this year. But Bosh is a better rebounder. Point is, Bosh is better for this team.

faze38
01-31-2011, 12:50 PM
If the Heat signed Amare they would be the best team in the league hands down! Amare is taking on a KG personality when it comes to D and with Wade and Lebron playing D on the perimiter it would be tough for players to come in there and try to score I mean STAT is tied with Howard for blocks a game. So for those saying Amare's D is worse then Bosh's u haven't been paying attention lately. STAT has taken his game to a whole new level and he is by far the best PF in the game right now! I mean the man is top 4 in Scoring and Blocks. I wish Amare gave us 10 boards a game but the Knicks are under sized and he needs some front line help.

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't think Amare is honestly the answer to all the Heat's problems.. They have a great player in Bosh and he just needs more time to really get things settled. Its hard going from a number 1 option to a number 3, especially when you are only suppose to be entering the prime year of your career.

Jiggie
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM

lol?

Hoopsadvocate
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
If the Heat signed Amare they would be the best team in the league hands down! Amare is taking on a KG personality when it comes to D and with Wade and Lebron playing D on the perimiter it would be tough for players to come in there and try to score I mean STAT is tied with Howard for blocks a game. So for those saying Amare's D is worse then Bosh's u haven't been paying attention lately. STAT has taken his game to a whole new level and he is by far the best PF in the game right now! I mean the man is top 4 in Scoring and Blocks. I wish Amare gave us 10 boards a game but the Knicks are under sized and he needs some front line help.

LMAO!!!! Funniest thing ive read all day. I admit amare isnt horrible on d but to compare his defensive personality to KG is laughable kg made the celtics a defensive powerhouse amare hasnt done squat to the knicks defense.

Jiggie
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM

Have you even watched Amare play? He has more of an outside game than Bosh does...

Flash3
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM
was bosh not the consensus number one choice at pf in the offseason. ?

jim51990
01-31-2011, 12:55 PM
obviously amare is a better player but bosh is better for them. hes willing to be a role guy amare wouldnt be

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 12:55 PM

So much fail in this post

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
obviously amare is a better player but bosh is better for them. hes willing to be a role guy amare wouldnt be

I would agree in someway with this. There is no way Amare would take on the roll Bosh has with the Heat. Not a chance.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM

In what ways?

Because if you compare there best seasons Amar'e has been much more efficient and valuable.

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
I agree with everyone who said bosh is a better fit. Sure amare is playing some great ball, but would he do this well with Bron and wade? Not sure. Teams would just clog the Paint against them. History has shown that Bosh is more effective in the midrange. Both guys arent known for their D so i cant speak about amare, but Bosh has shown that hes willing to follow the team's defensive schemes

SteBO
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
In what ways?

Because if you compare there best seasons Amar'e has been much more efficient and valuable.
I edited my post saying I was wrong on that.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
was bosh not the consensus number one choice at pf in the offseason. ?

You mean in terms of the FAs who were likely to switch teams right? Because Dirk was also a FA and is/was much better than Bosh.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 01:00 PM
You mean in terms of the FAs who were likely to switch teams right? Because Dirk was also a FA and is/was much better than Bosh.
I don't think there was any doubt Dirk was staying in Dallas.

faze38
01-31-2011, 01:02 PM
LMAO!!!! Funniest thing ive read all day. I admit amare isnt horrible on d but to compare his defensive personality to KG is laughable kg made the celtics a defensive powerhouse amare hasnt done squat to the knicks defense.

U really need to look up the word personality did I say he plays D like KG no but If u do watch Knick games u will notice that Amare doesn't let players get of shoots after the whistle or buzr anymore plays D n players trying to find their rythem while the offics are mkaing their calls. I wounder who he got that from. So please don't rn your mouth without understanding the english language.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 01:03 PM

taking into account the age factor alot of teams would rather have bosh.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't think there was any doubt Dirk was staying in Dallas.

And that is why I said likely to switch teams. When PSD voted however the rankings went Pau, Dirk, Bosh, Amar'e in that order. So among the big name FAs likely to switch the consensus was that Bosh is the best.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
And that is why I said likely to switch teams. When PSD voted however the rankings went Pau, Dirk, Bosh, Amar'e in that order. So among the big name FAs likely to switch the consensus was that Bosh is the best.
True.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:05 PM
taking into account the age factor alot of teams would rather have bosh.

And you would be wrong. Age factor or not Dirk is one a tier above Bosh. Start a thread on this topic and include a poll you'd see.

metsfanssince05
01-31-2011, 01:05 PM

I'm not saying STATs jumper is better becasue I only saw the Heat play like around 5 times.. But Stat prob has the best jumped for a PF/C, nails most of his shots, he doesnt even try to post up that much, heck even he even has a pretty good 3 shot. He nailed on against the Heat last game, hit them in late games when were losing.

But if signed with the Heat they would be worse, Bosh is a perfect hit there, better defense, makes room, all that good ****. And Amare needs the ball.

But to be fair. Amare > Bosh (One of the best New York leaders since Mark Messier, also becasue he is 2nd in PPG, top 5 in blocks, and made the Knicks a playoff team, I dont think Bosh is capable of doing that.)

faze38
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree with everyone who said bosh is a better fit. Sure amare is playing some great ball, but would he do this well with Bron and wade? Not sure. Teams would just clog the Paint against them. History has shown that Bosh is more effective in the midrange. Both guys arent known for their D so i cant speak about amare, but Bosh has shown that hes willing to follow the team's defensive schemes

Clogingthe paint is the exact thing the Celtics did to beat them already twice so what would be the diffrence cause last time I checked Amare has improved his midrange game and that is the exact reason why he is top 3 in scoring!

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
True.

Only thing you probably wasn't a poster at that time and I can't find the threads now for you to check out yourself.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Bosh is the perfect fit for the HEAT. He can stretch the defense with a good outside shot, he can take over the offense in the high post when the team is stagnant, and he knows how to get the heck out of the way when wade or lebron get it going.

Also, his defense has gotten pretty good this year in the HEAT's system.

Boozer would have been another good fit.

Amare on the other hand would have been a BAD FIT. All of you saying the HEAT would be better with Amare are clearly more interested in stats than anything, b/c Amare is a paint clogger, ball hogger, and defensive liability in the one on one...

blahblahyoutoo
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM

wow, an unbiased miami fan.
:clap:

Fargus
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
If Amare was on the Heat and Bosh was in New York, we would be asking the same question about how good the heat would be if they had Bosh. Numbers swell up when you don't have a 1a, 1b and 1c on the team.

joeboow90
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
i cant even imagine how good they would be. lebron wade and amare together? wow thats a dream team. the heat will not win the championship with the team they have right now, maybe in a year or two when they get a decent pg and center

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
To the Knicks fan a couple posts above me, Amar has undoubtedly imrpoved his jumpshot in his time in the league... but there are several PF/C that shoot a lot better out there then Amare (Bosh and Dirk come to mind real quick)

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Clogingthe paint is the exact thing the Celtics did to beat them already twice so what would be the diffrence cause last time I checked Amare has improved his midrange game and that is the exact reason why he is top 3 in scoring!

Reread my post. I didnt say amare cant shoot. Teams still clog the paint, but Bosh at least garners 1 on 1 attention

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 01:11 PM
I think this question about Bosh has been beaten to death in this forum. Can't we just move on already?

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:13 PM
It's funny, b/c leading in to this year Bosh was considered a better overall player... then suddenly Amare goes to play for a high octane team that is designed around him and puts up 25 points a night and he is much better than Bosh... lol

Lets account for pace, minutes played, FGAs, etc and then see if Stat still looks so superior...

Flash3
01-31-2011, 01:14 PM
And you would be wrong. Age factor or not Dirk is one a tier above Bosh. Start a thread on this topic and include a poll you'd see.

maybe not now but then alot of people thought bosh was a top 3-4 pf

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PF&yr=2011&gp=20&mins=30

http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PF&yr=2011&gp=20&mins=30

To all those who are debating who has the best mid range game between Bosh, Amar'e and Boozer the above links shall give you the answer.

Boozer is indeed the best shooter from 10-15 but from 16-23 he is the worst of the bunch. He also attempts more shots from 16-23 than 10-15 so just by looking at his stats you may say he is the best but by understand these stats on a whole its a given that based on what we have seen thus far this season Chris Bosh does indeed have the best mid range game statistically of the bunch.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Bosh is the perfect fit for the HEAT. He can stretch the defense with a good outside shot, he can take over the offense in the high post when the team is stagnant, and he knows how to get the heck out of the way when wade or lebron get it going.

Also, his defense has gotten pretty good this year in the HEAT's system.

Boozer would have been another good fit.

Amare on the other hand would have been a BAD FIT. All of you saying the HEAT would be better with Amare are clearly more interested in stats than anything, b/c Amare is a paint clogger, ball hogger, and defensive liability in the one on one...

idk about boozer we are already undersized at the C position adding a small pf who has trouble against length would be bad.

faze38
01-31-2011, 01:17 PM
So much fail in this post

Were is the fail because everything I said is proven by facts (Stats) not just opinion. See that is the worse thing when u argue about things like this people's always want to say that there guy is better. I mean Bosh doesn't even deserve an All-Star nod this year yet u want to compare him to somebody who took one of the worse teams in the league to respectable. I mean come on now. Stop letting your homerism cloud your judgement. I mean tell me what PF in the league is better then Amare right now.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:18 PM
maybe not now but then alot of people thought bosh was a top 3-4 pf

And even then more people thought Dirk was a top 3 when they PF crop was arguably better than it is now. Back when KG, TD, (Great two way PFs something that is lacking today in the NBA) JO, C-Webb, Pau etc

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:19 PM
I'll summerize:

from 10-15 feet:
Boozer 51.6%
Bosh 48.8%
Amare- 35.6%

from 16-23 feet:
Bosh 45%
Amare 40%
Boozer 37%

kyleh1987
01-31-2011, 01:20 PM
If Amare was on the Heat and Bosh was in New York, we would be asking the same question about how good the heat would be if they had Bosh. Numbers swell up when you don't have a 1a, 1b and 1c on the team.

this.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:20 PM
It's funny, b/c leading in to this year Bosh was considered a better overall player... then suddenly Amare goes to play for a high octane team that is designed around him and puts up 25 points a night and he is much better than Bosh... lol

Lets account for pace, minutes played, FGAs, etc and then see if Stat still looks so superior...

Since you are a mod could you fins the thread where we voted earlier this off season on the top PF in the NBA.

When all the hate started to erupt on Bosh so many started saying that Amar'e was better but I remember during the course of last season damn near everyone and their mother was saying Bosh was better. Bosh still finished ahead of him in that poll and rightfully so.

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:21 PM
I'll summerize:

from 10-15 feet:
Boozer 51.6%
Bosh 48.8%
Amare- 35.6%

from 16-23 feet:
Bosh 45%
Amare 40%
Boozer 37%

You should also mention the attempts/makes because by that sample size someone may be led to believe that Boozer is a much better shooter than Bosh at 10-15.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
And even then more people thought Dirk was a top 3 when they PF crop was arguably better than it is now. Back when KG, TD, (Great two way PFs something that is lacking today in the NBA) JO, C-Webb, Pau etc

i'm not saying bosh is better. what i'm saying is the age factor would have swayed alot teams to bosh, remember when dirk said he would have listened if the heat inquired about him ?

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Since you are a mod could you fins the thread where we voted earlier this off season on the top PF in the NBA.

When all the hate started to erupt on Bosh so many started saying that Amar'e was better but I remember during the course of last season damn near everyone and their mother was saying Bosh was better. Bosh still finished ahead of him in that poll and rightfully so.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527860

and that is after the decision when everyone started HATING miami and everything to do with the HEAT...

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Most Mia fans have no idea how lethal Amare's mid range jumper is this year.
Lets be real, A pick and roll or pop with Lebron and Amare would be nearly unstoppable.
I love the excuses.

Amare is nothing without Nash.. wrong
Amare is a paint clogger .... wrong
Amare is selfish... wrong
Amare is waay worse at D than Bosh... wrong

MackSnackWrap
Hold On, Hold On. Since when is being a sub .500 team a big feat. New Yorks record is 25-22. Amares leading his team to an average record like that and now hes a superstar. Ok i get that hes avergaing 26pppg and 9 rebs but everyones acting like hes turned this team into a contender. God damnit are people forgeting that Bosh won the atlantic division on his own. Made the play offs back to back. The fact that they didnt make it past the first round is besides the point. last year if he didnt get injuered the Raptors wouldve made the playoffs. If stats are anything to go by bosh averaged 24 nd 12 last year. He never had a solid pg or a center arounfd him in his tenior in Tdot yet hes terrible. People are just so ignorant. People gotta stop with the hatetrade towards him. Just beacause hes on the heat?

daleja424
You should also mention the attempts/makes because by that sample size someone may be led to believe that Boozer is a much better shooter than Bosh at 10-15.

You are 100% correct... Boozer has played fewer games this year... his career mark from 10-15ft is actually somewhere in the low 40s I believe...

smith&wesson
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
they would be ALOT better. they would have half they losses they have now.
amare is ALOT better then bosh. replace bosh with amare on the knicks and the knicks would barely be making the playoffs, IF they were even in the race.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 01:28 PM
amare is ALOT better then bosh. replace bosh with amare on the knicks and the knicks would barely be making the playoffs, IF they were even in the race.

:facepalm:

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Most Mia fans have no idea how lethal Amare's mid range jumper is this year.
Lets be real, A pick and roll or pop with Lebron and Amare would be nearly unstoppable.
I love the excuses.

Amare is nothing without Nash.. wrong
Amare is a paint clogger .... wrong
Amare is selfish... wrong
Amare is waay worse at D than Bosh... wrong

haha... ya we have no idea... Its not like I just posted stats that contradict you or anything :facepalm:

Swashcuff
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530014

Here is a thread showing how WE PSD fans voted for the top 10 PFs in the off season.

daleja424

what are you basing this on?

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
well honestly, I think the heat need a post player , someone scrappy, someone that spaces the floor more so then they need bosh taking 20 foot jumpers. thats what wade, miller, and james are for.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
and Amare is that post player!?!?!? LMAO. Amare and Bosh play the same style. They are both face up big men who are mush more comfortable in the high post taking guys off the dribble...

PLUS, why would Miami need someone else to help defenses clog the paint... your theory makes no sense. Miami can put Wade or Bosh in the post if they need to slow the game down, but otherwise we would rather have the floor spread so wade and lebron can attack the basket

marlinsfan24
01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
well honestly, I think the heat need a post player , someone scrappy, someone that spaces the floor more so then they need bosh taking 20 foot jumpers. thats what wade, miller, and james are for.

That's false. Wade and James need to be attacking the rim to be most effective. If they are shooting jump shots, the Heat are in trouble.

beasted86
01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
i think Amare would have improved his defense had he come here, like bosh did .
being on a good defensive team would change him alot.

Bosh was already a more committed defender & rebounder in Toronto than Amare ever was in Phoenix... then when Bosh showed what he was really capable of defensively in the '08 Olympics, I knew for sure he was a better defender than Amare ever could be.

But either way, Bosh is willing to take on the 3rd option role. Amare isn't. This team is perfect as composed.

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
That's false. Wade and James need to be attacking the rim to be most effective. If they are shooting jump shots, the Heat are in trouble.

yes I know that, but if they have spacing on the floor, that creates open lanes and one on one opportunities which wade and james can take pretty much anyone to the basket one on one.

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM

The misconception is that Bosh only settles for jumpers. He takes the open shot and a lot of times he posts up then squares up and attacks; but yes he does tend to be viewed as a jumpshooting big

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Bosh was already a more committed defender & rebounder in Toronto than Amare ever was in Phoenix... then when Bosh showed what he was really capable of defensively in the '08 Olympics, I knew for sure he was a better defender than Amare ever could be.

But either way, Bosh is willing to take on the 3rd option role. Amare isn't. This team is perfect as composed.

I wouldnt go that far! I would say that the trio worked out as good as it could...but it would be nice to play teams 5 on 5 instead of 3 on 5 most nights...

HEAT really need a consistant shooter at the PG and a center that can take Big Z's role... b/c that guy is TOAST

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
yes I know that, but if they have spacing on the floor, that creates open lanes and one on one opportunities which wade and james can take pretty much anyone to the basket one on one.

and how would putting a couple extra 7 footers in the lane help open those lanes!??!!??! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
These threads make me look like a closet heat fan

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
its pure speculation whether they would be better or worse. Over their career's, Amare is the better offensive player overall, Bosh the better defender. Bosh's game suits playing next to LeBron better than anyone outside Dirk for a PF, because of Bosh't range and ability to play at least a bit of defense. Amare is a gifted scorer, but he needs different set ups than Bosh. Over there respective careers, they have both been accurate mid range shooters, which is needed due to having bigs who can keep the paint open for dribble drives. Honestly the Heat have the right guy imo. The ONLY reason I could see picking Amare is his historical playoff play, and its dominance over Bosh's (who does have a small sample size with lesser teammates).

I actually think they have similar games. Amare is more powerful obviously, but they both like to face up and do their damage. Bosh's defensive advantage is more important than Amare's offensive advantage, so Bosh may actually be the better fit.

SteBO
I wouldnt go that far! I would say that the trio worked out as good as it could...but it would be nice to play teams 5 on 5 instead of 3 on 5 most nights...

HEAT really need a consistant shooter at the PG and a center that can take Big Z's role... b/c that guy is TOAST
Hopefully the new CBA won't be too hard. If so, it'll be one or the other.

D Roses Bulls
and Amare is that post player!?!?!? LMAO. Amare and Bosh play the same style. They are both face up big men who are mush more comfortable in the high post taking guys off the dribble...

PLUS, why would Miami need someone else to help defenses clog the paint... your theory makes no sense. Miami can put Wade or Bosh in the post if they need to slow the game down, but otherwise we would rather have the floor spread so wade and lebron can attack the basket

look at orlando. look how the lane opens up and people either have to double down on dwight or play man on defense. they cant play zone against that team cause they will kill you if you do with either the 3 ball and playing one on one does create a lot of driving lanes for jameer, gilbert, and hedo and who could really stop james or wade one on one? no one.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
D_Roses...

you literally just said that the HEAT need a post presence inside...

and then you said the HEAT needs to spread the floor and open lanes...

do you know what you are talking about here or just saying the opposite of whatever a HEAT fan says...b/c those two things contradict one another strongly

marlinsfan24
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
These threads make me look like a closet heat fan

John Wall is welcome in Miami :D

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
D_Roses...

do you know what you are talking about here or just saying the opposite of whatever a HEAT fan says...b/c those two things contradict one another strongly

I was wondering the same :confused:

cheetos185
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
i dont think amare would fit with heat he's more efficient on 3pt shooting team sure lebron and amare on pick roll would be lethal but niether are great shooters every team would let lebron and wade shoot 3's than attack the rim

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
D_Roses...

a presence on the inside does spread the floor and open the lanes. again watch the orlando magic. whats so difficult about understanding this?

beasted86
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM

What I mean is our free agency went as good as it possibly could. We got the guys who will fit together. There isn't anything I would change about how the free agent off-season went.

Hopefully next summer we add a starting Center and get all of our team healthy.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
look at orlando. look how the lane opens up and people either have to double down on dwight or play man on defense. they cant play zone against that team cause they will kill you if you do with either the 3 ball and playing one on one does create a lot of driving lanes for jameer, gilbert, and hedo and who could really stop james or wade one on one? no one.

LOL! That has NOTHING to do with Dwight. That has everything to do with the fact that they are a good 3 point shooting team. Teams can't pack it in against orlando b/c the 3 ball will torch them.

Let me summarize:
Shooters spread the floor
Slashers and post players clog the paint

With wade and lebron looking to slash, the HEAT need the other 3 guys to be away from the paint to spread the floor and create space

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
a presence on the inside does spread the floor and open the lanes. again watch the orlando magic. whats so difficult about understanding this?

That it is completely wrong.

shooters spread the floor... not post players...

Hawkeye15

no it doesn't SHOOTERS spread the floor. Anyone playing Orlando would pack it in if they didn't have bombers to make them pay

beasted86

:confused:

Yeah, I think daleja was right, you don't know what you are talking about. Anyone who watches the Magic knows everyone on that team shoots jumpshots. Their shooters spread the floor for Dwight to operate and vice versa.

A post Center would make Wade & LeBron less effective by forcing them to shoot more jumpers.

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
LOL! That has NOTHING to do with Dwight. That has everything to do with the fact that they are a good 3 point shooting team. Teams can't pack it in against orlando b/c the 3 ball will torch them.

Let me summarize:
Shooters spread the floor
Slashers and post players clog the paint

With wade and lebron looking to slash, the HEAT need the other 3 guys to be away from the paint to spread the floor and create space

wade, house, miller, and even lebron and ect can all shoot the 3 ball and teams do pack it against dwight to stop him. you obviously do not watch orlando. why do you think orlando gets os many open shots?

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Lets think about this logically D-Roses...

if you are Dwayne wade would you rather drive it to the hoop one on one... or with a 7 foot defender standing in the middle of the paint? The offensive player is a threat to shoot from the outside, the big defended has to follow him away from the hoop, leaving a void for wade to attack without help defense.

justinnum1

wow :facepalm:

Swashcuff

Dude do you watch Orlando play?

Do you see the system in which they play?

Did you hear when Van Gundy said he would very much like it if his team shoots 3s and shots in the paint exclusively?

It is the system, in which Dwight is the main part of but whether if he is there or not the floor would still be spread. What are you talking about? :confused::confused::confused:

D Roses Bulls
:confused:

Yeah, I think daleja was right, you don't know what you are talking about. Anyone who watches the Magic knows everyone on that team shoots jumpshots.

A post Center would make Wade & LeBron less effective by forcing them to shoot more jumpers.

no you dont know what you are talking about. I watch the magic, remember im a fan of them. i know what they do.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
wade, house, miller, and even lebron and ect can all shoot the 3 ball and teams do pack it against dwight to stop him. you obviously do not watch orlando. why do you think orlando gets os many open shots?

They get open shots b/c teams pack the paint on dwight...

That is the opposite of what the HEAT wants. The HEAT want to open up the paint b/c wade and lebron are much better at going to the hoop than shooting from outside.

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Im a wall fan. Will cheer for the team hes on.Tbh i want the heat to win just so all this nonsense stops and there can be better things discussed

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
wow :facepalm:

then wtf do you call howard? is he not a presence on the inside? do hedo and jameer not get a lot of space to drive?

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
no you dont know what you are talking about. I watch the magic, remember im a fan of them. i know what they do.

dude... you are wrong... I have been playing basketball my whole life, and the next 5 posters after me have said the same thing... you don't know what you are talking about man...

tbone2171
01-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Good god...you people are obsessed.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:49 PM
D_Roses...

just read the last two pages and notice that everyone is telling you the same thing...

to spread the floor you put in shooters
to tighten the floor you bring in post players or slashers

whether you accept it or not... that is a FACT

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:49 PM
They get open shots b/c teams pack the paint on dwight...

That is the opposite of what the HEAT wants. The HEAT want to open up the paint b/c wade and lebron are much better at going to the hoop than shooting from outside.

dude if you dont have a post presence, you have trouble in the paint like the heat do. you have no rebounding, no second chance points. did kobe have trouble driving the lane when shaq was a laker? did wade when shaq was with the heat? cause if they did, i didnt see it

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:51 PM
you clearly are not going to get this... I give up... continue to believe that post players open up the paint... I could care less...

I just wouldn't go around telling people you believe that...

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 01:51 PM
haha... ya we have no idea... Its not like I just posted stats that contradict you or anything :facepalm:

Yeah because Bosh has so many teams focused soley on stopping him.:facepalm:

Amare playing with Dwade and Lebron would be a monster without a doubt. He has to work hard against double and triple teams.

If u think u can plug Bosh into the Knicks instead of Amare and we'd be a better team then u need a

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM
D_Roses...

just read the last two pages and notice that everyone is telling you the same thing...

to spread the floor you put in shooters
to tighten the floor you bring in post players or slashers

whether you accept it or not... that is a FACT

I dont care what others are telling me. kobe didnt have trouble in the lane with shaq, lebron and wade didnt either. people keep trying to tell me on here im wrong all the time, but i always end up being right.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 01:53 PM
dude if you dont have a post presence, you have trouble in the paint like the heat do. you have no rebounding, no second chance points. did kobe have trouble driving the lane when shaq was a laker? did wade when shaq was with the heat? cause if they did, i didnt see it

The Magic's SHOOTERS are the floor spreaders, not Dwight. Why would anyone ever leave Dwight if there were no shooters on the perimeter?

Kobe and the Lakers had SHOOTERS to help spread the floor.

I honestly have no clue how this concept is difficult to understand.

Hawkeye15
I dont care what others are telling me. kobe didnt have trouble in the lane with shaq, lebron and wade didnt either. people keep trying to tell me on here im wrong all the time, but i always end up being right.
a little full of ourselves today?

daleja424
Funny b/c I never said Bosh would be better on your team... you are the only person making ridiculous claims here.

All I stated was the FACTS. Bosh is a better midrange shooter than Amare. Plain and simple.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Does everyone know what the definition of a FLOOR SPREADER is?

John Walls Era

Im a wall fan. Will cheer for the team hes on.Tbh i want the heat to win just so all this nonsense stops and there can be better things discussed

SteBO

Amare playing with Dwade and Lebron would be a monster without a doubt. He has to work hard against double and triple teams.

If u think u can plug Bosh into the Knicks instead of Amare and we'd be a better team then u need a
Amare puts up the stats he does now because if he's getting all the touches. If you don't think Bosh could do the same thing Amare's doing alone, than I think you need a :facepalm:

daleja424
The Magic's SHOOTERS are the floor spreaders, not Dwight. Why would anyone ever leave Dwight if there were no shooters on the perimeter?

I have NO IDEA. It really shouldn't be hard. If there are more people in the paint it will be harder to score in the paint...

Its pretty simple really...

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM

I don't think Deja ever said that. This debate is about who is better for the Heat between the two.

D Roses Bulls
[QUOTE]
a little full of ourselves today?

dude, people are trying to act like i just started watching and playing basketball today. i mean honestly, if someone can prove to me kobe, wade, and lebron all had trouble driving to the lane when they played with a post presence like shaq, I will admit im wrong.

Swashcuff

I just looked it up and there is a picture of Dwight Howard next to it :p

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM

ray allen, kyle korver, mike miller, jason kapono, peja, and james jones come to mind...

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM

:rolleyes::facepalm:

godolphins
01-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Who said that Bosh is a dissapointment?

daleja424
dude, people are trying to act like i just started watching and playing basketball today. i mean honestly, if someone can prove to me kobe, wade, and lebron all had trouble driving to the lane when they played with a post presence like shaq, I will admit im wrong.

Whether they still drove the lane with Shaq doesnt matter, the fact is that they would drive the lane BETTER with a floor spreader in the game...

LayZbone
I see Amare as a more of a #1 type of player..

As in a more "selfish" player per se who demands the ball a lot more. He may be the better player but I do not think it would work with Lebron and Wade who demand the ball a lot.

this

I do think Bosh is the better fit. He takes it when it comes to him whereas Amar'e needs it to be effective.

and this

daleja424
01-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Lets take it to an extreme...

would Lebron have a harder time driving the lane playing with 4 post up big men in the paint or 4 3 point shooters on the outside?

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 01:59 PM

so your telling me the heat dont have shooters? didnt eddie house just shoot lights out yesterday, hasn't mike miller been shooting real well too? with a post presence which would cause a lot of man on man defense and again who could stop lebron and wade one on one?

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;16534765]

that isn't the reason though, would you stop it? If you don't have shooters (THE DEFINITION OF FLOOR SPREADERS), then teams pack the paint. You are listing guys who have always played with shooters.

Don't act like you are the only one who has played and followed basketball like a religion here. That is straight up arrogant

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Amare puts up the stats he does now because if he's getting all the touches. If you don't think Bosh could do the same thing Amare's doing alone, than I think you need a :facepalm:

Obviously he's getting all the touches. Bosh is not a number 1 player... He is a great 2nd option period. He is a great shooter but is not a leader and can not impact a game like Amare on a CONSISTENT basis. Nobody fears Chris Bosh. I never questioned Bosh's talent. He would put up great numbers without question but we would still lose. Didnt David Lee put up All Star numbers for us.

Im not talking numbers fellas. Certain players just have a greater impact than others. Guess you dont see it or just dont want to admit it.:facepalm:

SteBO
01-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Whether they still drove the lane with Shaq doesnt matter, the fact is that they would drive the lane BETTER with a floor spreader in the game...
You mean with shooters, right? If that's the case, then yes, you're right. As soon as we got these three guys, a big man wasn't the first priority, shooters were. Mike Miller agreed to a contract practically right after the big three signed, and James Jones followed. Point being, shooters open up the floor to allow one on one plays for LeBron and Wade. Am I right on that, daleja?

D Roses Bulls

and thats why your probably not going to win it all this year. your not going to be able to stop anyone on the inside.

justinnum1
so your telling me the heat dont have shooters? didnt eddie house just shoot lights out yesterday, hasn't mike miller been shooting real well too? dwight causes the floor to be spreaded. which cause a lot of man on man defense and again who could stop lebron and wade one on one?

:facepalm: Your 3 pt shooters cause the floor to be spread...which allows dwight space inside. If the magic didnt have all their 3pt shooters(spacers) then teams would swarm around howard. Are you really not able to grasp this basic concept?

daleja424
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Dwight does cause the shooters to be open... you have that part right... but then you get lost...

Dwight causes shooters to be open b/c defenders cheat inward towards the paint to help guard dwight...

Now, why would the HEAT want 5 defenders in/near the paint if that is exactly where lebron and wade are at their best? They wouldnt!!! The HEAT want the opposite. The HEAT want to have shooters in the game so that defenders cannot cheat towards the paint to help guard Wade and lebron.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Obviously he's getting all the touches. Bosh is not a number 1 player... He is a great 2nd option period. He is a great shooter but is not a leader and can not impact a game like Amare on a CONSISTENT basis. Nobody fears Chris Bosh. I never questioned Bosh's talent. He would put up great numbers without question but we would still lose. Didnt David Lee put up All Star numbers for us.

Im not talking numbers fellas. Certain players just have a greater impact than others. Guess you dont see it or just dont want to admit it.:facepalm:
Thanks for just reiterating my point. Bosh is third option here, while Amare is #1 in NY. So, of course, he's going to put up better stats. Not hard to comprehend.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
so your telling me the heat dont have shooters? didnt eddie house just shoot lights out yesterday, hasn't mike miller been shooting real well too? dwight causes the floor to be spreaded. which cause a lot of man on man defense and again who could stop lebron and wade one on one?

this is the last I will post on this off topic subject. SHOOTERS spread the floor. Big men do not. Not unless they are Kevin Love or Mehmet Okur. Its literally one of the easiest concepts to understand.

When a GM gets a dominant big, they now chase shooters to help keep defenders away from that big. However, since you can't rely on just shooters, they then add a slasher or two. This is how you build a team around a dominant big man. I tried to keep this as simple as possible.

justinnum1

This coming from the knicks fan lol

daleja424

so amare is a number one guy but Bosh isnt?

so you are satisfied as a Knicks fan with getting the 6th seed every year for the next 8 and that is good enough?

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 02:05 PM

I agree with what u said, BUT thats not the answer to the question being asked

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
so amare is a number one guy but Bosh isnt?

so you are satisfied as a Knicks fan with getting the 6th seed every year for the next 8 and that is good enough?

Take it from me, the raps have beenbad for so long that i actually just want to make the playoffs

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
this is the last I will post on this off topic subject. SHOOTERS spread the floor. Big men do not. Not unless they are Kevin Love or Mehmet Okur. Its literally one of the easiest concepts to understand.

When a GM gets a dominant big, they now chase shooters to help keep defenders away from that big. However, since you can't rely on just shooters, they then add a slasher or two. This is how you build a team around a dominant big man. I tried to keep this as simple as possible.

dude honestly, I was trying to double quote and screwed up and did that for a couple posts, i didnt re read what i wrote on there. i didnt mean dwight spreads the floor, i meant the shooters, but what i was trying to saywas that lebron, wade, house, jones, miller, and ect can all shoot the ball. having a post presence isnt going to clog the lane like many people think. like i said, did it happen when kobe played with shaq and ect? NO! having a post presence is going to cause a lot more problems for the defense.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
I understand that part...

but here is the thing... Knicks fans are acting like they are contenders.

I would have no problem with them talking up Stat if he was leading them to something incredible... but he isn't... they are a .500 basketball team with stat as their number one guy... whoopdy do...

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 02:11 PM

I would have no problem with them talking up Stat if he was leading them to something incredible... but he isn't... they are a .500 basketball team with stat as their number one guy... whoopdy do...

with a hard schedule coming up...

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 02:12 PM

like i told johnwall, i was trying to double quote and i screwed up, i didnt mean to say dwight spreads the floor. i combined two different answers together and i didnt re read before i pushed submit, my bad.

daleja424
01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
dude honestly, I was trying to double quote and screwed up and did that for a couple posts, i didnt re read what i wrote on there. i didnt mean dwight spreads the floor, i meant the shooters, but what i was trying to saywas that lebron, wade, house, jones, miller, and ect can all shoot the ball. having a post presence isnt going to clog the lane like many people think. like i said, did it happen when kobe played with shaq and ect? NO! having a post presence is going to cause a lot more problems for the defense.

The heat have their inside presence in the form of wade and lebron. period. wade and lebron need room to work.

I would rather have mike miller or james jones outside with wade and lebron attacking and kicking out for an open 3 then have a center inside kicking to lebron or wade for a 3... that should be obvious

John Walls Era

There still high from the initial win streak

daleja424
like i told johnwall, i was trying to double quote and i screwed up, i didnt mean to say dwight spreads the floor. i combined two different answers together and i didnt re read before i pushed submit, my bad.

you said it 8 times... :eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM

then there is some major confusion here. If you are agreeing that its shooters that spread the floor, then we are good. Because dominant big men do the opposite, UNLESS there are shooters to make teams pay for collapsing.

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
I have been up for over 24 hours now, i think i will get off before i make another stupid mistake and look like an idiot, lol my bad ya'll. i really thought i was double quoting and acidently combined my responses.

D Roses Bulls
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
you said it 8 times... :eyebrow:

thats a couple :hide: i always admit when im wrong on here like i did with flash on another thread today, but it was an honest mistake

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM

No we are not contenders. We are still building our team. I find it funny how most not all MIA fans are ridiculous homers. Clearly Amare is better than Bosh. Im not comparing stats. If u look at totals its Amare. If u look at effiency its Bosh.

Amare has proven to be an dominant force in the regular season and playoffs. Bosh has yet to prove anything other than being an All star power forward. He doesnt take over games like any of the top superstars. Any Heat fan who won't admit that Amare for the most part plays great on the big stage throughout his career is fooling themselves. Bosh is a great complimentary player and a great fit. Amare is another dominant force that could easily make the Heat a notch better. I wouldnt expect him to put up these numbers on the Heat. But I'd have no doubt the Heat would come out the eastern conference. Let's see how great Bosh is come playoff time.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
why did this turn into whether or not swapping Amare and Bosh would benefit the Knicks? That isn't the thread subject. Nor is doing a baseline comparison of the two.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
There still high from the initial win streak

Do you have a problem with the Knicks? Neva a positive comment from you. And no I'm not fooled by the win streak. Im just happy to have a competitve team that still has the money to add another significant peice.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Do you have a problem with the Knicks? Neva a positive comment from you. And no I'm not fooled by the win streak. Im just happy to have a competitve team that still has the money to add another significant peice.

agreed. On top of having an ultimate glue guy going forward in Fields, an improved Felton, Chandler, and hope for Gallo, etc. Add some interior defense, and a slasher, fire Mike D's butt, and you may be a pretty damn good team

Sly Guy
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Amare said on ESPN.

and we all know anything ESPN says is absolute truth.

Slimsim
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Blake Griffin > Amare and bosh Fused together

goose15
01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
the better question is.. What if the Knicks got Bosh instead of Amare :cry::speechless::mad:

Crackadalic
01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Honestly no one would truly know how much better either one is from one another nor do we know how much better each are if they switch. You can pull up stats all you want or actually watch the games but until they actually switch teams this is all a big "What If"

Lets just be happy both are doing well with there respective teams

JoeyDubb23
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
From what ive read dont know if its legit or not

Lebron wanted Stat join him but it was in Mia and D-wade wanted Bosh instead and being his team he got what he wanted.

Im a knick fan so im happy with stat instead of bosh but if stat went down to Mia instead.... O man they would be good.

Storch
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
The real question is how good would Miami be if Dirk was in there instead of Bosh. Dirk went out and said that if he knew that Miami was able to sign wade bron AND him he would've said yes. That would be insane because he can stretch the defense so far and take out a big man down low to defend the lane when bron and wade drive in.

Yes, as someone mentioned earlier.. why is Jason Williams NOT getting signed by the heat? He is undoubtedly better than chalmers and arroyo.

AddiX
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
why did this turn into whether or not swapping Amare and Bosh would benefit the Knicks? That isn't the thread subject. Nor is doing a baseline comparison of the two.

Why do people still expect threads to stay exactly on point? They never do and never will, as long as it has something to do with the subject, let it be.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
I remember Mia fans saying David Lee is better than Amare. I guess PSD has annointed all Heat fans as expert scouts. Bosh is a great fit. Amare couldve been the final peice if willing to buy into a lesser role to a Mia dynasty IMO.... Three of the most physically dominant and skilled players in their prime.

nwilder
01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Bosh is a much better fit for Miami than Amare. This should not be a question. Anyone is looking at the stats is a fool. Bosh would be putting up insane numbers under Mike D'Antonie. On the other hand I highly doubt Amare would have similar stats Bosh has now. And he certainly wouldn't be happy as the 3rd wheel for too long.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Why do people still expect threads to stay exactly on point? They never do and never will, as long as it has something to do with the subject, let it be.

yes sir!

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Bosh is a much better fit for Miami than Amare. This should not be a question. Anyone is looking at the stats is a fool. Bosh would be putting up insane numbers under Mike D'Antonie. On the other hand I highly doubt Amare would have similar stats Bosh has now. And he certainly wouldn't be happy as the 3rd wheel for too long.

So u are saying Amare would be worse playing with one of the best passing frwds in the game. And playing wit Wade who demands so much attention won't allow Amare free easy baskets. I guess Amare would regress into an avg player playing with two stars. Smh

cheetos185
01-31-2011, 03:17 PM
if amare had gone to heat than knicks would have been screwed so badly bosh with knicks is no better than raps and they didn't win anything last few years.

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Imo, Amare is the best pick and roll big man there is. He can shoot and he can posterize anyone. He would also give the Heat a post presence and right now we dont have that.
Also, Stoudemire is not soft as Bosh is. Stat is not soft at all in my in opinion and Stoudemire can be a force on defense inside as you see he is averageing a career high in block shots and some might think blocks is an overrated stat but its not.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
if amare had gone to heat than knicks would have been screwed so badly bosh with knicks is no better than raps and they didn't win anything last few years.

lol...knicks are probably going to finish with a similar record as toronto had last season, so wtf are you talking about?

Cano4prez
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Imo, Amare is the best pick and roll big man there is. He can shoot and he can posterize anyone. He would also give the Heat a post presence and right now we dont have that.
Also, Stoudemire is not soft as Bosh is. Stat is not soft at all in my in opinion and Stoudemire can be a force on defense inside as you see he is averageing a career high in block shots and some might think blocks is an overrated stat but its not.

Amare is terrible on defense.

justinnum1

LMFAO who cares if he can block a few shots? he lets his man score on him all the time, he plays scared when he's in foul trouble, he's just not a good defender. Give me someone who can play good D over someone that blocks a few shots.

dee279
And also for the guy dat said Amare couldnt stretch the court like Bosh, you obviously dont see that Amare is shooting 50% from 3 while Chris is only shooting 29%. Also, his mid range game is up to par just as bosh's mid range. Amare is unstoppable in the inside and bosh doesnt even like to score in the inside. Stat is by far the more all around player and better PF.

BucktownUSA
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Amare is the man. Heat would have had a better record if Amare decided to bring his talents to south beach, but instead the Heat chose Rupaul. Amare made the better choice going to NY though.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
And also for the guy dat said Amare couldnt stretch the court like Bosh, you obviously dont see that Amare is shooting 50% from 3 while Chris is only shooting 29%. Also, his mid range game is up to par just as bosh's mid range. Amare is unstoppable in the inside and bosh doesnt even like to score in the inside. Stat is by far the more all around player and better PF.
:facepalm: he shoots a 3 every 5 games. those are the stats you use to try to prove amare is better LMFAO:laugh2: nice one:rolleyes:

Ortg-bosh 114
amare 109 amare is worse

Drtg-bosh 102
amare- 107

amare is worse compared to bosh in both stats, offensive and deffensive rating.:)

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
LMFAO who cares if he can block a few shots? he lets his man score on him all the time, he plays scared when he's in foul trouble, he's just not a good defender. Give me someone who can play good D over someone that blocks a few shots.

Bosh doesnt do either. If you watch the games, you will see Bosh doesnt even contest shots. How you gonna be 6"10 r 6"11 and not even get a shot block. Bosh defensively is horrible and i never said Stat was a great defender. I just said he was averaging a career high in blocks showing that he actually does contest shots. Bosh does not. Bosh is soft on the inside and out. Offense and Defense. And also, Stat is playing in a much faster offense and playing for a coach that does not care that much about the defensive side of the ball as he does about the offensive side of the ball. If he was being coached by Spo, he would play better defensively just as Bosh is.

RZZZA
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Amare is a good low post presence and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Heat need that? They have enough perimeter shooters

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Bosh doesnt do either. If you watch the games, you will see Bosh doesnt even contest shots. How you gonna be 6"10 r 6"11 and not even get a shot block. Bosh defensively is horrible and i never said Stat was a great defender. I just said he was averaging a career high in blocks showing that he actually does contest shots. Bosh does not. Bosh is soft on the inside and out. Offense and Defense. And also, Stat is playing in a much faster offense and playing for a coach that does not care that much about the defensive side of the ball as he does about the offensive side of the ball. If he was being coached by Spo, he would play better defensively just as Bosh is.

Which is why they will never will or get past the first round. you can think bosh is soft all you want. He is the best 3rd option in the league. Put him on the knicks and they are exactly where they are right now. Stat got too much credit in the begging of the seaosn, felton should have got a lot of credit, now that felton sucks and amare is putting up the same numbers the knicks are still losing.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Amare is a good low post presence and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Heat need that? They have enough perimeter shooters

Really? I never see amare in the low post. Maybe on D, but on offense he is near the elbow praying felton can get the pass to him.

SteBO
01-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Amare is plays high post most often. He's not much different from Bosh.

cheetos185
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
lol...knicks are probably going to finish with a similar record as toronto had last season, so wtf are you talking about?

what the heck are you smoking rap didn't even make it to playoffs last year so where do you get knicks will finish similar record there is difference between sixth seed and 10th seed :facepalm:

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
:facepalm: he shoots a 3 every 5 games. those are the stats you use to try to prove amare is better LMFAO:laugh2: nice one:rolleyes:

Ortg-bosh 114
amare 109 amare is worse

Drtg-bosh 102
amare- 107

amare is worse compared to bosh in both stats, offensive and deffensive rating.:)

That was not my way of saying that he was a better player, that was my way of saying that he could stretch the court just like Bosh can. How bout you read a little bit before you jump up thinking you know something. ANd OBVIOUSLY he is gonna have a better ortg and drtg with Wade and Lebron next to him. Amare has no other star to make him look better. And just because he doesnt shoot alot of 3s do not mean he cant make them as you see he is shooting a really good percentage from 3 as bosh who shoots more of them actually makes less. Bosh 5-17 Amare 8-16.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM

what makes you think he would have came to the knicks if amare went to the HEAT ?

nobody would have came to the knicks maybe boozer .............. maybe.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM
That was not my way of saying that he was a better player, that was my way of saying that he could stretch the court just like Bosh can. How bout you read a little bit before you jump up thinking you know something. ANd OBVIOUSLY he is gonna have a better ortg and drtg with Wade and Lebron next to him. Amare has no other star to make him look better. And just because he doesnt shoot alot of 3s do not mean he cant make them as you see he is shooting a really good percentage from 3 as bosh who shoots more of them actually makes less. Bosh 5-17 Amare 8-16.

your right, amare can shoot the 3 better than bosh so he is better
:rolleyes:

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
what makes you think he would have came to the knicks if amare went to the HEAT ?

nobody would have came to the knicks maybe boozer .............. maybe.

good point

Hawkeye15

Ortg-bosh 114
amare 109 amare is worse

Drtg-bosh 102
amare- 107

2 things here. First, Amare's usage and role are more demanding, so you would expect his offensive rating to be a bit lower. Secondly, defensive rating is a terrible measure, it factors team in big time. Miami is a great defensive team, therefore all their roster members will get a bump in Drtg.

Amare is a better offensive player. However, with Bosh's reduced role in that department, you would expect his offensive rating to go up. Amare has a slightly better career Ortg, he is indeed the better offensive player.
Bosh however, is a better defender. Look at his opponents counter production. Its way better than Amare's, but we do need to factor in Amare has many times been placed out of position, so he gets a slight bump there.

Flash3

+1

as a matter of fact i think the raps had a better record at this point last season.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:40 PM
what the heck are you smoking rap didn't even make it to playoffs last year so where do you get knicks will finish similar record there is difference between sixth seed and 10th seed :facepalm:

:facepalm: hollinger playoff odds have you guys finishing with 43 wins...3 more than toronto last season, and you guys will probably finish worse than 43 wins because you have a hard schedule coming up

Flash3
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM

he said record not seed
raps won 40 games last season which will probably similar to this season knicks maybe a tad bit better.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
:facepalm: Hollinger playoff odds have you guys finishing with 43 wins...5 more than toronto last season, and you guys will probably finish worse than 43 wins because you have a hard schedule coming up

Flash3
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
nvm you lightning edited that ****.

Crackadalic
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Which is why they will never will or get past the first round. you can think bosh is soft all you want. He is the best 3rd option in the league. Put him on the knicks and they are exactly where they are right now. Stat got too much credit in the begging of the seaosn, felton should have got a lot of credit, now that felton sucks and amare is putting up the same numbers the knicks are still losing.

You have a point but the knicks are losing because this team is young and inconsistent. 6th youngest i believe and its hard to win a lot of games when more then half the roster dont know what it takes to win with effort every game. Outside of Amare and felton our whole rotation is 24 and under where the heat has a a lot of veterans that know their role and know how to win

Im not sure who is the better player but i do know Amare gave this team leadership which we never had

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Bosh is a great defender as a result of playing with 2 ball hawks and having a great system. U are right about Amare when in foul trouble. But he's just that important to an unfinished team. Teams look to get him in foul trouble because we will suffer greatly without him. Try being unbiased sometimes. Amare could, as of right now Amare has a better chance of filling Bosh's role than Bosh filling Amare's. It doesn't mean Bosh isn't vital to ur team.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 03:43 PM
good point

lol yeah, bosh laughed at that idea twice.

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Well i was never saying the Knicks were gonna get past the first round, as i was just saying why Amares defensive skill wasnt showing as it could because he was always on a offense first team. Also not saying his defense would be great but it would be formidable as Bosh is right now with the Heat. To me, Miami needs a lost post scorer and Amare would fit that bill and Bosh doesnt. Im in no way saying Bosh is not a good player though. Bosh is a really good player and also a really good 3rd option and could easily be a 1st option once again but with Amare, i feel we would be a better team because we would have a consistent low post scorer.

Crackadalic
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
2 things here. First, Amare's usage and role are more demanding, so you would expect his offensive rating to be a bit lower. Secondly, defensive rating is a terrible measure, it factors team in big time. Miami is a great defensive team, therefore all their roster members will get a bump in Drtg.

Amare is a better offensive player. However, with Bosh's reduced role in that department, you would expect his offensive rating to go up. Amare has a slightly better career Ortg, he is indeed the better offensive player.
Bosh however, is a better defender. Look at his opponents counter production. Its way better than Amare's, but we do need to factor in Amare has many times been placed out of position, so he gets a slight bump there.

People forget he's been playing center all season so of coarse his numbers isnt gonna be as good if he was playing pf. I doubt Bosh would last a season playing center

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
your right, amare can shoot the 3 better than bosh so he is better
:rolleyes:

Ok you can take that however you want.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Im not trying to talk **** about amare, just trying to let knicks fans know, replace bosh with amare and there wouldn't be much difference. Knicks would have the same record give or take 2 or 3 games.

And to say mimai would be much better with amare is also stupid. Amare takes 20 shots a game to get his 26avg. Bosh gets 13 shots a game and is avg 18pts. thats like identical if they took the same amount of shots. Amare would only get 13 shots in miami, i think he would have a problem not getting so many touches. He wants to be the #1 man(even tho i think he is better as a #2option) so it worked out well, we got bosh and knicks got amare. I hope for the knicks sake, they get a #1 guy, be it melo or someone else.

dee279
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
People forget he's been playing center all season so of coarse his numbers isnt gonna be as good if he was playing pf. I doubt Bosh would last a season playing center

Exactly. If Miami would put Bosh at Center, we would have a bad inside the paint defense and alot more would be put on D Wade and Lebron defensively.

thekmp211
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
itd be similar. amar'e's numbers would look a lot like bosh's numbers do playing with wade and lebron. like stat more, but the results would be similar.

Algmuskrats
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I think even Heat fans should be able to admit at this point that Bosh has been somewhat of a disappointment (though still a very good player), but considering the how Amare and Felton have helped to create some real excitement for the Knicks this season, I have to wonder: Where would the Heat be if they had chased after Amare instead of Bosh?

There is the obvious possibility that they would be no better or worse, that Amare might not have chemistry with LBJ and Wade, but at the same time, his ability to face the basket, post up, hit the jumper and create off the dribble would be a huge asset, and he's even rebounding a little better.

So where do you all think Miami would be if they had picked up Amare instead of Bosh?

I made this same exact thread over a month ago. Old thread.
/thread

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Seriously tho, miami would be no better offensively with amare, they would probably be slightly worse on the defensive side. The record would probably be the same +/- 2 games

Hawkeye15
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM

even before, Bosh's opponent counterproduction was a bit better. They honestly offset each other in a player to player comparison. But when factoring in role, you can seperate them. I quite honestly think the Knicks are better with Amare, and the Heat are better off with Bosh.

AddiX
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
It wouldn't be the same in NY at all, Bosh is soft and has been the leader of Toronto for years and they were terrible. You could argue they were the softest team in the NBA last year lead by Bosh.

The NY started out bad Amare lead the roster to step it up. And that's a huge difference. Bosh has max contract $, with a role player personality.

Bron treats Bosh on the court like a child, that's all you need to see to know where Bosh stands on that team. It's suppose to be the big 3, but bosh gets treated like an ugly chick in a beauty pageant. If it was Amare in that position, it wouldn't be like that.

unwantedplayer
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM

I highly disagree. And read this article for why:

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=6048197&hcId=5622946&topId=null

Honestly, as explosive as Amar'e is, I still think Bosh is still the better fit. Sure Boozer would have been better, but I honestly don't think Amar'e would have played as good as he is in NY.

justinnum1
01-31-2011, 04:00 PM
It wouldn't be the same in NY at all, Bosh is soft and has been the leader of Toronto for years and they were terrible. You could argue they were the softest team in the NBA last year lead by Bosh.

The NY started out bad Amare lead the roster to step it up. And that's a huge difference. Bosh has max contract $, with a role player personality.

Bron treats Bosh on the court like a child, that's all you need to see to know where Bosh stands on that team. It's suppose to be the big 3, but bosh gets treated like an ugly chick in a beauty pageant. If it was Amare in that position, it wouldn't be like that.

yes it would. Leborn and wade are >>>>>>>>>>>>>bosh and amare
bosh and amre would both have made great 3rd options.
only difference is amare would probably be crying about not getting enough shots.

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Im not trying to talk **** about amare, just trying to let knicks fans know, replace bosh with amare and there wouldn't be much difference. Knicks would have the same record give or take 2 or 3 games.

And to say mimai would be much better with amare is also stupid. Amare takes 20 shots a game to get his 26avg. Bosh gets 13 shots a game and is avg 18pts. thats like identical if they took the same amount of shots. Amare would only get 13 shots in miami, i think he would have a problem not getting so many touches. He wants to be the #1 man(even tho i think he is better as a #2option) so it worked out well, we got bosh and knicks got amare. I hope for the knicks sake, they get a #1 guy, be it melo or someone else.

I see ur point but I disagree about Bosh in Ny. Amare has carried us and was playing at an elite level for awhile. And Bosh is great but I doubt he could've carried that load sometimes single handedly.. It's all speculation but I don't see Bosh at center with our lineup.