PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul in 2012

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm full of hypothetical's tongiht for w/e reason, so let's imagine the following.

Melo- New York
Griffin- LA Clippers
Love- Minnesota
Howard- OKC or LAL

*Assuming that happens you'd think NYK would have no $$ for Paul, ORL isn't a place he'd wanna be with no Howard, MIA out for obvious reasons (no $$), NJ/Brooklyn...No real super star. So wher do you think CP3 would look IF he left New Orleans?

Gram
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Miami.

beasted86
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Too far away. New CBA is going to play too big of a factor to know whether he will almost be forced to re-sign.

Sixerlover
01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Too far away. New CBA is going to play too big of a factor to know whether he will almost be forced to re-sign.

Say it again.

Raph12
01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Why is Dwight already in OKC or LA?...

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm just going on assumption. I don't think ORL is as good as CHI, MIA, or BOS...So I think he may leave in 2012. OKC and LA are just two teams I've read about as possible destinations.

MiamiWadeCounty
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Hard for me to see Dwight go to Lakers. He would be in Shaq's shadown forever. OKC I could see for sure.

o0jmadr0x0o
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
nyets?

THE GIPPER
01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
The world is gunna end in 2012 so this thread is pointless. Or maybe its pointless even if the world doesn't end..........

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 10:39 PM
nyets?

If they land someone else, yeah...I doubt he'll just sign there to play with Lopez.

flclfanman
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
The CLippers :laugh:

nitric
01-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Dwight is going to Chicago in 2012 for Noah + fillers + picks

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Hard for me to see Dwight go to Lakers. He would be in Shaq's shadown forever. OKC I could see for sure.

I agree, but i read it on hoopshype.com a few weeks back so I included LA as a possible destination. Personally I feel if he does leave ORL it'll be for OKC.

Howard-Green/Ibaka-Durant-Harden-Westbrook

Bornknick73
01-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Donnie Walsh has the Knicks set up to afford 2 more maxes one this summer and another in 2012. If you look at the Knicks salary structure its pretty much ingenious, almost all of them with the exception of STAT have a 2 year deal or a team option. The flexibility is all in the Knicks favor for the next few years. Hoopsworld has the contract breakdowns of every Knicks player. I like to look at it from time to time it gives me a fuzzy feeling.

Donnie has them in position to grab Melo this summer and Paul or someone else in 2012.

flclfanman
01-30-2011, 11:20 PM

So we're going to pay Dwight and juggle Boozer, Deng, and (soon to be Rose's) contracts?

Who are we, the Chicago Yankee's with a 120+ million dollar payroll? :confused:

blastmasta26
01-30-2011, 11:33 PM
A hypothetical is one thing, but how can you look ahead two offseasons? This thread is pointless.

dodie53
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
i don't care right now

aussie
01-31-2011, 12:06 AM
CP3 won't leave NOLA and most likely will bring in Howard you watch

Meatmypet
01-31-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't see why NYK wouldn't have money for Paul. Felton comes of the books as we'd only have 4 guys on the payroll, or possibly 5 with Melo on the books.

D1JM
01-31-2011, 12:13 AM
howard is going to the bulls. Noah, draft picks for howard

D1JM
01-31-2011, 12:15 AM

:hi5:

So we're going to pay Dwight and juggle Boozer, Deng, and (soon to be Rose's) contracts?

Who are we, the Chicago Yankee's with a 120+ million dollar payroll? :confused:

**** it

numba1CHANGsta
01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Dwight wont be a Laker if Bynum improves and stays healthy til 2012. I can see CP3 coming to the Lakers though.

Dodgers99
01-31-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm full of hypothetical's tongiht for w/e reason, so let's imagine the following.

Melo- New York
Griffin- LA Clippers
Love- Minnesota
Howard- OKC or LAL

*Assuming that happens you'd think NYK would have no $$ for Paul, ORL isn't a place he'd wanna be with no Howard, MIA out for obvious reasons (no $$), NJ/Brooklyn...No real super star. So wher do you think CP3 would look IF he left New Orleans?

Griffin's RFA year is 2014. So the bold is fact, not hypothetical.

flclfanman
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
:hi5:

**** it

Full speed ahead? Cool beans

Now how drunk do we need to get Otis Smith so he'll take that trade? :drunk:

D1JM
01-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Full speed ahead? Cool beans

Now how drunk do we need to get Otis Smith so he'll take that trade? :drunk:

maybe he can take bynum and his one knee instead

farren.louis
01-31-2011, 01:37 AM
he'll be a clipper or wherever melo goes

Ryan328
01-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Def could see the Clippers as one spot if Sterling opens his wallet.

D1JM
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Def could see the Clippers as one spot if Sterling opens his wallet.

the world will end first before sterling opens his pocket

soonabooma
01-31-2011, 01:56 AM
It would be pretty hard to convince a guy to move from Orlando, Florida to OKC. But we've been saying it all along. Although this isn't the most exciting city in the world, it's a good place to live, the fan support is second to none, it's a great organization to be a part of, and this young team has a legitimate chance to be one of the next great dynasties if all the right pieces fall into place. Put Dwight on this team and it's a wrap. :superman:

believeinNYK
01-31-2011, 02:09 AM
I'd like to imagine knicks

Chris Paul
Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Anybody that can play D :drool:

HornetsSolution
01-31-2011, 02:12 AM
He want leave N.O. They will continue to build around him but If he do leave and if I had to pick, Im going to say the kings or Clippers.

HT9Canada
01-31-2011, 02:27 AM
He want leave N.O. They will continue to build around him but If he do leave and if I had to pick, Im going to say the kings or Clippers.

If he wants to start a dynasty like the Heat, he should go to the Kings. Him and Tyreke with Cousins. Great trio and those two should be cheap for a few more years.

I hope he stays with NO and they get a couple more small pieces and do well to keep him around. Good image kind of move.

DasBoot
01-31-2011, 02:42 AM
I think him in Orlando would be interesting. CP3 and D12 would be the deadliest combo since Kobe and Shaq.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-31-2011, 02:53 AM
If he wants to start a dynasty like the Heat, he should go to the Kings. Him and Tyreke with Cousins. Great trio and those two should be cheap for a few more years.

I hope he stays with NO and they get a couple more small pieces and do well to keep him around. Good image kind of move.

Plus, the Kings are gonna get another top 5 pick next year.

AlvaROD
01-31-2011, 03:16 AM
Dwight would look great with the Lakers, that for sure.....and cp3 I think will be either a Clipper or Knick.....

ah I don't know what I'm saying, to tired at work:yawn:

TrueFan420
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
whats it matter where he goes after his contract ends... everyone knows the world ends in 2012.

Zetterberg40
01-31-2011, 04:48 AM
I agree, but i read it on hoopshype.com a few weeks back so I included LA as a possible destination. Personally I feel if he does leave ORL it'll be for OKC.

Howard-Green/Ibaka-Durant-Harden-Westbrook

Would Oklahoma even have the money left after Harden Green and Westbrook all resigned all seem likely for handsome raises the way Westbrook is playing I could see him getting close to the max from somewhere

Zetterberg40
01-31-2011, 04:52 AM
I just dont like the fact now that after the Miami experiment all the stars are going to be playing to together on the big money teams to try and keep up but I would be excited if New York and another team were able to make powerhouses that prevented Bosh and James from ever getting a ring I just feel like they don't deserve one after all getting together to try and make this powerhouse team. Plus the whole decision thing was brutal.

Sorry heat fans know you guys get the hate alot but in all honesty I see you guys getting multiple titles

sunsfan88
01-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Hopefully in PHX with Gortat & Co.

Talk about replacing Nash!

Antipod
01-31-2011, 05:17 AM
New Orleans ... if he leaves, they will be like this year Cavs

MJ-BULLS
01-31-2011, 05:37 AM
i dont see chris paul leaving NO.

but if the knicks do get melo, i could see howard coming to CHI. or any team that has some cap available that are elite.

hopefully he dose come to the chi. :D

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 05:54 AM

Melo- New York
Griffin- LA Clippers
Love- Minnesota
Howard- OKC or LAL

That is you assuming Howard is not in Orlando. Typical Laker fans... Tell me why LA will be more attractive then Orlando in 2 seasons. Oh, because they will have and aging roster of 32+ and up guys...

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 06:04 AM
It would be pretty hard to convince a guy to move from Orlando, Florida to OKC. But we've been saying it all along. Although this isn't the most exciting city in the world, it's a good place to live, the fan support is second to none, it's a great organization to be a part of, and this young team has a legitimate chance to be one of the next great dynasties if all the right pieces fall into place. Put Dwight on this team and it's a wrap. :superman:

Sounds like the selling point for Orlando back in the early 90's.. You never know what happens from here until now.

Orlando has the best Arena in the NBA hands down if not the world. They have great fan support. just sold out there 100th straight home game and Orlando is a great place to live. Keep in mind that Florida tax, that will mean even more if they do intend to cut Players Contracts.

This whole Big Market crap to make more money is BS. NBA unlike in the 90's when Shaq left is more Global now. I see Howard in enough commercials and people around the world know who he is well enough... ( Playing in that small market in orlando)

They also have owners willing to spend unlike 90% of the other owners in the league... Orlando is Howards team, it is his city and that new arenas was built for him. Keep saying he is leaving. Can I remind you of TIM DUNCAN?

He was all but gone from SA when Orlando came knocking. They already had T-Mac and G. Hill locked to sigh and where just waiting on Timmy. He could have won multiple rings in Orlando easily; however, he decided he was the FACE of SA and they built and arena for him...

Don't think from here on out every guy is LBJ.. Sadly not the case. CP3 has no desire to move; however, they have no owner and currently no real direction so he could...

Orlando has some of the best owners in all of sports and all they want to do is win...
Cross every team off that list. Howard is not leaving Orlando.

BTW- Bulls are not currently better then Orlando. Congrats they beat them for the first time in who knows' when. Orlando did not play well and shot 20% from 3...

You think if anything. History would suggest that a volume scoring PG does not equal titles....

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
i dont see chris paul leaving NO.

but if the knicks do get melo, i could see howard coming to CHI. or any team that has some cap available that are elite.

hopefully he dose come to the chi. :D

What makes the Bulls in two years more elite then Orlando in two years, they are not now?? Is someone leaving Orlando?

All I know is Orlando has 4 very young players that will only get better. Brandon Bass ( Young Boozer type player), Ryan Anderson, Earl Clark( Sky's the limit for this guy) and JJ Redick. Oh, to include our 2005 round 1 pick Fran Vasquez and this season round 1 pick Daniel Orton...( Many Experts compare to Andruw Bynum when he came into the league) If he would have stayed at Kentucky he was a projected top 10 pick this season....

Note- Vasquez has been playing in Europe since he was drafted and will be here next season.... So please tell me again how the Bulls are all of a sudden Elite. Right, Ball dominant PG and no true wing scores outside a good game here and there.. Yeap, that does it...

So IMO...

Orlando let's see on young talent along has.

Bass- Younger version of Boozer. Just needs to gain more confidence on his shot and work on his defense, which comes in time.

Ryan Anderson- Who do you compare this guy to? Not Rashard Lewis. Anderson actually grabs rebounds and his style is much like Kevin Love; however, not as dominant rebounding.

Earl Clark- Raw talent. This guy could be a steal we got in a trade much like Ryan Anderson.

Fran Vasquez- Very solid Big that block shots and grab Rebounds....

Daniel Orton- Called an Andrew Bynum Clone. Hope that is for skill set and not injury. However, this kid was projected if he went back to Kentucky as a top 10 pick.

JJ Redick- You know him well Bulls fans... This guy is only going to continue to work and improve...

WE still will have Arenas, Nelson and Tukoglu also to include the young guys above. So honestly you guys are going to entice Howard More. Bulls really? Lakers and that aging roster that is not far from rebuild really? Thunder really? They have there own guys they have to lock up.... BTW- Not the only team with solid young talent...

Knicks???

It's not going to happen. You guys act like Orlando is going to sit on there hands and do nothing the next two season's as everyone else around them gets better...

Orlando has a core of young talent a few who could turn into legit ALL Stars....

Howard has no desire to leave Orlando, that whole to LA and wherever was rumor... Howard never ever said he had interest in leaving Orlando... RUMOR>>>>>>

He surely does not want to follow shaq step by step in his career and he already knows he will never get what this city already gave him. The best damn arena in the world and a solid supporting cast.

BTW.. In two years I think Nelson will be 31 as will Arenas. TURK will be the oldest guy on the team...

Lastly, then I am done venting. You realize Orlando has Jason Richardson big fat expiring contract sitting on there lap? You honestly don't think they are not looking to package that with a player or two for something bigger. You think Orlando is just going to let Jason Richardson expire and doing nothing to make the team better now and long term?

There is a reason they wanted him back in that SUNS deal, it was not for his offense. Orlando already has enough of that and surely not for his lack of defense..

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 06:34 AM

Melo- New York
Griffin- LA Clippers
Love- Minnesota
Howard- ORLANDO

*Assuming that happens you'd think NYK would have no $$ for Paul, ORL is a place he'd wanna be with Howard. MIA out for obvious reasons (no $$), NJ/Brooklyn...No real super star. So wher do you think CP3 would look IF he left New Orleans?

Fixed it for you....

Heediot
01-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Off topic. What I don't understand is all the dick love Amare is getting as opposed to cp3 the Hornets record with Oaul is better than the Knick with Amare. **** the dumb ****s in the media. They don't really watch the games, they are too busy whacking off to each other's stories and articles.

TheDiggler
01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
ORL or New York.

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I think Paul stays in New Orleans. I don't think he ends up going anywhere as I see the Hornets making a few more good moves this year to give Paul a reason to stay. The Hornets are only a trade or two a way from being a true contender in the West.

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Sounds like the selling point for Orlando back in the early 90's.. You never know what happens from here until now.

Orlando has the best Arena in the NBA hands down if not the world. They have great fan support. just sold out there 100th straight home game and Orlando is a great place to live. Keep in mind that Florida tax, that will mean even more if they do intend to cut Players Contracts.

This whole Big Market crap to make more money is BS. NBA unlike in the 90's when Shaq left is more Global now. I see Howard in enough commercials and people around the world know who he is well enough... ( Playing in that small market in orlando)

They also have owners willing to spend unlike 90% of the other owners in the league... Orlando is Howards team, it is his city and that new arenas was built for him. Keep saying he is leaving. Can I remind you of TIM DUNCAN?

He was all but gone from SA when Orlando came knocking. They already had T-Mac and G. Hill locked to sigh and where just waiting on Timmy. He could have won multiple rings in Orlando easily; however, he decided he was the FACE of SA and they built and arena for him...

Don't think from here on out every guy is LBJ.. Sadly not the case. CP3 has no desire to move; however, they have no owner and currently no real direction so he could...

Orlando has some of the best owners in all of sports and all they want to do is win...
Cross every team off that list. Howard is not leaving Orlando.

BTW- Bulls are not currently better then Orlando. Congrats they beat them for the first time in who knows' when. Orlando did not play well and shot 20% from 3...

You think if anything. History would suggest that a volume scoring PG does not equal titles....

I think Paul stays in New Orleans. I don't think he ends up going anywhere as I see the Hornets making a few more good moves this year to give Paul a reason to stay. The Hornets are only a trade or two a way from being a true contender in the West.

You are aware the NBA controls / Currently owns that team. I don't believe the NBA current Owner. David Stern is making any moves for that team this season... That would be what you call conflict of interest, just like the NBA owning the team is currently. However, other leagues have done it. The last they do though is trade, sign or waive guys...

The Hornets are not going to improve at all unless they can get and owner in there ASAP. BTW. You do realize the Hornets have a few very bad contracts on there books correct. Two of them IMO. Ariza and Okafur ...

dtmagnet
01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
He will be franchised with the new Franchise Tag in the upcoming CBA and won't be allowed to leave.

nwilder
01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
These threads don't make any sense NOW. Just for the speculation, I would want Dwight in Miami in expense of Bosh in a sign and trade considering Dwight doesn't win by then and he wants to leave and play for a contender.

ManningToTyree
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM

they said the same thing about Shaq in comparison to Jabbar.

anyway, save this tread for when it can be legitimately discussed in say.... 2012?

Da Knicks
01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Howard will join Amare and Melo in 2012.

AddiX
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Speaking of Paul, I just realized I don't even know if I ever seen a New Orleans fan on this website. Are there any?

cchrisc773
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
These threads don't make any sense NOW. Just for the speculation, I would want Dwight in Miami in expense of Bosh in a sign and trade considering Dwight doesn't win by then and he wants to leave and play for a contender.

Umm even if you believe it or not, Orlando is more of a contender this season then the pretenders down in Miami...