PDA

View Full Version : Which young star stays with their team longer?

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Both are having monster seasons, albeit, for losing teams. So who stays with their team longer?

ManRam
01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Blake by far...

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
*One of these guys ends up in OKC with Durant & Westbrook in my opinion.

Swashcuff
01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Conventional wisdom tells us that Blake would be more likely to remain with his team than Love. We can actually see some possibility for a light at the end of this tunnel for Blake and the Clips. The light at the end of Love's tunnel is in all likeliness putting together a good enough season and receiving the max he's eligible for.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I would guess both for a while. I picked both for good since there wasn't an option otherwise. I don't think Love leaves the Wolves, at least not through his next contract. I think they lock him up this summer, since they will have quite a bit of money. As for Blake, I can't see why he would leave that team unless the Clippers curse kicks in. But things look bright for the other team in LA. Wouldn't it be odd in 4-5 years, if the best team in LA is not the Lakers???

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Conventional wisdom tells us that Blake would be more likely to remain with his team than Love. We can actually see some possibility for a light at the end of this tunnel for Blake and the Clips. The light at the end of Love's tunnel is in all likeliness putting together a good enough season and receiving the max he's eligible for.

the Wolves are so close to turning the corner. I can't remember how many damn times after a game, the opposing coach has said, "Their win total is not reflective of their talent level". Get Rubio over, mature another season or two, and they are back in business with the number of picks and cash they have.

Dade County
My opinion ... "not hating on any franchises"

Both are gone when their contracts are up.

The league has changed.

Ryan328
Go home and play for OKC may be tempting for Blake. Assuming OKC has $$$

210Don
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
i think they both leave its sad because there both perfect for those citys.

SirDJ
01-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Love simply for the reason LA has a nice little core developing with blake where as kev is a kind of a lone wolf

Lake_Show2416
01-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Twolves will probably do what all the noncontenders do.. Just trade away their best player for a bunch of picks and prospects... Never understood that logic by the way "our team sucks, let's trade away our best player"

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
When are their FA years? Anyone know? I wanna say 2012 for Love and I have no clue for Blake.

Swashcuff
01-30-2011, 09:19 PM
the Wolves are so close to turning the corner. I can't remember how many damn times after a game, the opposing coach has said, "Their win total is not reflective of their talent level". Get Rubio over, mature another season or two, and they are back in business with the number of picks and cash they have.

While I 100% agree with you the Wolves may not have the pieces that the Clips have neither would they be able to lure potential FAs in the way in which the Clips may. I can no way begin to debate with you on the runnings of the Timberwolves organization but IMO there is a lot more than just getting Ricky and maturing that has to be done with that team for them to be back in business in the west.

You guys have to many IFs and not enough sure things to sell me on them consistently going uphill from here on out. I could certainly see a situation similar to that in Indy in Minny over the next couple yeas.

blastmasta26
01-31-2011, 12:09 AM
I might be naive here, but I don't see either of them leaving anytime soon. Maybe much later, but I can't say for sure.

pastrecedes
01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
yo i gotta say the Griffmeister is staying in LA longer than Kevin "The Machine" Love stays in Minny!

thekmp211
01-31-2011, 12:32 AM
hard to say. minny just has time working against them given their location. LA is appealing besides the ownership. id say griffin is a safer bet, but i like them both to stay.

Dodgers99
01-31-2011, 12:37 AM
When are their FA years? Anyone know? I wanna say 2012 for Love and I have no clue for Blake.

2014 is the RFA year for Blake.

MrfadeawayJB
01-31-2011, 12:59 AM
I would say Love would be the first to go because he has had to endure losing for a few seasons now, and correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt he say over the summer he didnt feel wanted in Minny like he did with team USA?

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 01:16 AM
K-Love will be first to go, but Blake will go as well. No one stays on the same team for an entire career anymore, unless there are multiple rings on the resume'

AlvaROD
01-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Griffin, since he's in LA...

Lim
01-31-2011, 03:49 AM
if griffin has any brain he would stay with them for his whole career. just imagine how much praise/fame he would get if he turned that franchise into a contender year in and year out all by himself while staying loyal. (what lebron shoulda done with clev)

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-31-2011, 04:43 AM
griffin stays...love gets traded (or asked to be traded) or just signs with some other team some time down the road.

Zetterberg40
01-31-2011, 05:09 AM

The league has changed.

Yeah unfortunately I say this alot but players if they want to win championship have no choice but to start these super teams now or the Heat will walk there ways to championships when the Boston and Lakers start losing their older players. I could see the Clippers being in a situation where they could have their own superstar team though with Griffin not being a FA until after the 2014 season if they found someone to take BD in his last year of his contract they would have only 20 million in salary committed after the 2012 season and both Griffin and Gordon locked up so they could bring in 2 very good players and then resign their own. I know its a while away but it is very possible this could happen

MJ-BULLS
01-31-2011, 05:12 AM
i dont think both of them are going to leave their teams, but if i had to choose one, id say Love. Blake is not leaving, as long as management doesnt mess up big time.

xabial
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
If clippers continue to suck even with Griffin and fail to build a decent team around him i could see him for just a better team in general. Clippers finally have that superstar, but can they accomplish building a winning team, yet alone a playoff team, and end the Clipper Curse which saw them win zero Championships, zero Conference titles, and zero Division titles since the teams creation in 1970?

For Love, i could only see him leaving his team to go play with some of the friends he made in the FIBA 2010 WORLDS us basketball team, but love's team is much brighter then the clippers. (Beasley-Love-Wesley J.-Rubio?/Flynn, and a Top 5 Draft Pick this year)

So to answer your question if both of them had to leave becuase those are two bad teams, but two talented players, i would choose Griffin to leave sooner then love because of the "Clipper Curse".

JayTee1981
01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Both are gone, maybe Blake wants to go back home and Kevin Love wants to play at home and go to the Clippers/Lakers all we know is at this time both are going to stay with their respected teams for a while

Gram
01-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Kevin Love will be gone. Beasley may be gone the same time I think.

bahama0811
01-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Griffin will stay, Love will go.

Mile High Champ
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
I think both have a legit chance to stay with their respective teams for a long time. Both seem like loyal players but I think Love is the more likely to go if I had to pick one. Minnesota just does not have the same appeal as LA does. I think Love can look past that and as long as the Wolves surround him with good talent in the future, Love will stick around.

sf-fanatic
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM

I'm pretty sure 99% of the coaches will say that about the opposing team...What else are they supposed to say? "These guys suck and we blew them out with our second string." If they said something else, it would be blown up by the media instantly.

cargobox
01-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Blake Griffin is gonna recruit Kevin Love to play with the Lakers, then we also acquire Stephen Curry. Woo

Sly Guy
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
my opinion ... "not hating on any franchises"

both are gone when their contracts are up.

The league has changed.

+1

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
I hope the owner pisses off blake. Love seems happy right now, but he did grumble in the summer. Hope both guys stay tbh

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Blake Griffin is gonna recruit Kevin Love to play with the Lakers, then we also acquire Stephen Curry. Woo

U mean clippers ?

Swashcuff
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM

:confused:

Who are you a fan of?

smith&wesson
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
neither,

both will leave for bigger markets. its the "NBA trend"

Crackadalic
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
neither,

both will leave for bigger markets. its the "NBA trend"

They dont have the ego's like the 03 class of Lebron Bosh Dwade Melo

I think they both stay. They actually have better young talent then when those 4 started

Dodgers99
01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
U mean clippers ?

:confused:

Who are you a fan of?

He's making fun of Laker fans who think they have everything at their disposal. And that they will be able to go get whatever they want under the new CBA.

arkanian215
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM

:laugh:

b.wyze
01-31-2011, 04:29 PM
I could see Griffin staying if they add another piece to the team.

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
They dont have the ego's like the 03 class of Lebron Bosh Dwade Melo

I think they both stay. They actually have better young talent then when those 4 started

How do you know that?

Sixerlover
01-31-2011, 06:14 PM

NAME YOUR ALLEGIANCE!!!

Lakers or Clips

Raph12
01-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Griffin will stay in LA longer... Love will never be able to get out of KG's shadow.

SteveNash
01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Hopefully Love

netsgiantsyanks
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
i dont think both of them are going to leave their teams, but if i had to choose one, id say Love. Blake is not leaving, as long as management doesnt mess up big time.

yeah, lets see how that works out.

Kakaroach
01-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I hope both guys stay, but I'd have to say Love if one were to leave. The team just keeps taking hits, and if Rubio doesn't come over that certainly doesn't help.

kgjfan243
01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I would say Griffin. Next chance Love gets to leave Minny, he takes it and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Flash3
01-31-2011, 08:44 PM

The league has changed.

do you know them personally ?

Dodgers99
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Spam alert!

cargobox
02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
CLIPPERS*
LMAO
I had the Lakers in the back of my head. hahahahaha