PDA

View Full Version : Any chance LA team trades 4 melo

richiesaurus310
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I truly believe both the clippers or the lakers would have a really good chance to win the championship with melo in the lineup this season. I think the key to any trade would be a center or young talent, and the trading team would have to take al harrington.

My ideas would be

Clippers: Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Ryan Gomes, and Randy Foye for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

This trade would work because Kaman is an all star center, and foye and gomes are much easier to trade away than Harrington. This would be a rental for the clippers.

Lakers: Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks, Luke Walton and Ron Artest for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

And this trade still works without Luke Walton or Ron Artest due to the Sasha Vujiacic trade exception they have.

I think the lakers would only even consider doing this if melo would resign before the trade is done.

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Ummm, no. He's said the teams he'll sign the extension with are NY, NJ, Chicago, or Denver.

mrblisterdundee
01-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I could see the Lakers giving up Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown and someone else for Carmello Anthony.

shep33
01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Ummm, no. He's said the teams he'll sign the extension with are NY, NJ, Chicago, or Denver.

I actually think he would be okay with going to the Lakers, but it won't happen.

Ryan328
01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Melo will be a Knick...if not this year, then next.

WizFan3
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM

thats what he said for rite now he said any team is optional i would know this i looked at it forever when the rumors came around about y he would not play for washington and in the end he sais any team has a chance

WizFan3
01-30-2011, 08:09 PM
i think the clippers should try i mean just imagine if lebron had went to them and they got melo
Davis
Melo
Lebron
Griffin
Kaman...finals lineup

bahama0811
thats what he said for rite now he said anytime is optional i would know this i looked at it forever when the rumors came around about y he would not play for washington and in the end he sais any team has a chance

You've been grasping at straws about trying to get Melo all year. He's definitely not going to Washington.

superkegger

I somehow think he'd probably sign an extension with the Lakers. He and Kobe are close, and he'd be on a ****ing loaded team. Plus it would make him the young guy there. He'd be the next generation star for them to extend their championship window. Plus his wife would love it.

I'm not saying it's a possibility, I'm just saying if somehow that circumstance arose, he'd probably be ok with it.

BYBLOS88
01-30-2011, 08:11 PM
are u kidding me! theres no way not even in a video game u can trade melo and harrington for kaman gomes foye cook. thats the worst package ever made, those guys all suck! but for some crazy crazy reason the nuggets were willing make the trade, that would be a huge steal for the clipps and would deff make them a contender.

as for the lakers thats a bad trade for us because we need bynums size to match the celtics and hes the difference maker against the heat

mttwlsn16
01-30-2011, 08:13 PM
i think the clippers should try i mean just imagine if lebron had went to them and they got melo
Davis
Melo
Lebron
Griffin
Kaman...finals lineup

kaman has played in 10 games this year
deandre jordan has been starting

mttwlsn16
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I truly believe both the clippers or the lakers would have a really good chance to win the championship with melo in the lineup this season. I think the key to any trade would be a center or young talent, and the trading team would have to take al harrington.

My ideas would be

Clippers: Chris Kaman, Brian Cook, Ryan Gomes, and Randy Foye for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

This trade would work because Kaman is an all star center, and foye and gomes are much easier to trade away than Harrington. This would be a rental for the clippers.

Lakers: Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks, and Ron Artest for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

I think the lakers would only even consider doing this if melo would resign before the trade is done.

there is NO way that^ is getting Melo. Itd have to start with Al-Farouq Aminu. Plus probably Kaman, Gomes, Minnesotas 2012 1st round pick that we have, and prob another pick

Teeboy1487
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
No man. We are not getting Melo and I doubt the clippers will too. Denver will not trade him in conference and they are asking for steeper prices for Melo anyway. It's more like the Knicks or Bulls for me.

Kobes a Killer
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM

My ideas would be

Lakers: Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks, and Ron Artest for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington

No way do we give up Bynum without getting Nene in return and we dont want Harrington thanks

Lakers4ItAll
01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Wish the Lakers would give up Artest + Waltons expiring + filler for Melo

Dodgers99
01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Melo will be a Knick...if not this year, then next.

This.

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
There's always a chance, but a very poor chance.

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
So, Lakers fans want to get him and not give up anything in return. The Nuggets FO isn't the T-Wolves FO, they won't just give him away for nothing.

kobebabe
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Not happening. He want to be a knick and he will be.

richiesaurus310
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
are u kidding me! theres no way not even in a video game u can trade melo and harrington for kaman gomes foye cook. thats the worst package ever made, those guys all suck! but for some crazy crazy reason the nuggets were willing make the trade, that would be a huge steal for the clipps and would deff make them a contender.

as for the lakers thats a bad trade for us because we need bynums size to match the celtics and hes the difference maker against the heat

Kwame Brown, Marc Gasol (who was unknown at the time), and Javaris Creighton for Pau Gasol...

As for Kaman I mean they're really arent that many elite centers in the NBA right now. Foye and Gomes are there to take the place of harrington's contract and either one could be added to a chauncey billups trade, and cook is an expiring contract.

As for the lakers they need something to get them going. I think you need to worry about getting out of the west before worrying about the celtics or heat. Melo will be hungry and re-energized on this squad.

richiesaurus310
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
There's always a chance, but a very poor chance.

Totally agree.

Dade County
01-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I somehow think he'd probably sign an extension with the Lakers. He and Kobe are close, and he'd be on a ****ing loaded team. Plus it would make him the young guy there. He'd be the next generation star for them to extend their championship window. Plus his wife would love it.

I'm not saying it's a possibility, I'm just saying if somehow that circumstance arose, he'd probably be ok with it.

Agreed ^^^

I think Melo will be a Laker, they just have to give up Bynum.

If you guys want Melo, bynum has to go...... And you are correct Bynum is the key in matching up with Boston & Miami.

JerseysFinest
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
C/S with whoever said they wouldn't trade him within their own conference. Would be difficult for them to have success in the future if Carmelo and Kobe, or Carmelo and Griff team up

lvlheaded
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
This may make me sound like a homer but I think Melo will be a Knick. It just seems to be common knowledge that that is where he wants to go and that he intends on finding his way to the Garden. Can the Lakers or Clippers come up with a package that could land Melo? Of course, but I still think he ends up a Knick one way or another

clydebino
01-30-2011, 08:43 PM
you've been grasping at straws about trying to get melo all year. He's definitely not going to washington.

lmao

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 08:44 PM
This may make me sound like a homer but I think Melo will be a Knick. It just seems to be common knowledge that that is where he wants to go and that he intends on finding his way to the Garden. Can the Lakers or Clippers come up with a package that could land Melo? Of course, but I still think he ends up a Knick one way or another

I agree with you. I've been hoping the Nuggets will trade him somewhere else but in the end it seems to me that the only place he's willing to go is NY.

Lake_Show2416
01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I would love melo that would be amazing but to answer Ur question NO way the Lakers get him....

n I think it would take a high profile team for Melo to stay if he doesn't end up in NY

nickdymez
01-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I want the lakers to get him.. I hate truly hate Pau Gasol...

Lake_Show2416
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM

That's ridiculous.. We haven't missed the finals with him

No way he's involved, no trade clause

drobe86
01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
No, No, and Hell no... The Clippers wouldn't be contenders if they had Michael Jordan in his prime this year, much less with Carmelo.... And the Lakers would have to give up so many key pieces that they would end up looking alot like the Heat... Pau, Kobe, and Melo and 12 bums....

JOSKOMANG4
01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
The Nuggets WILL NOT trade within the conference.. especially when their still in the playoff hunt.

Best fit for Melo w/o having to sign an extension; Atlanta Hawks!

- SF Marvin Williams, SG Jamal Crawford, C Z.Pachulia, PF Pape SY, & 2011 1st rd pick in exchanged for SF Melo, SG JR Smith, & 2011 2nd rd pick.

Hawks Lineup:

C) Hortford/Thomas/Collins
PF) J.Smith/J.Powell
SF) Melo/Evans/Wilkins
SG) Johnson/JR Smith/Jor.Crawford
PG) Bibby/Teague

-IMO, this makes the hawks the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference. Not sure how the playoff system goes in the NBA now, b/c the hawks are in the same division as the Heat, does that mean that the other two division winners(though the hawks may have a better record) would have a better seed?

Also, if the Hawks dont resign Melo, they still got their wish; salary relief! They shed up to over 30 million in contracts by trading M.Williams, Z.Pach, & P.Sy.

mttwlsn16
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
No, No, and Hell no... The Clippers wouldn't be contenders if they had Michael Jordan in his prime this year, much less with Carmelo.... And the Lakers would have to give up so many key pieces that they would end up looking alot like the Heat... Pau, Kobe, and Melo and 12 bums....

???????? explain...maybe not this year bc they dug themselves such a huge hole to start the season. but going forward how would they not contend with Eric Gordon, Melo, Blake, Baron, DeAndre as a starting 5

cargobox
01-30-2011, 09:38 PM

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
:facepalm:

THE GIPPER
01-30-2011, 09:50 PM

Do you know who micheal jordan is?

JerseysFinest
01-30-2011, 10:08 PM

I mean, he did say he would sign with NJ in that Hochman interview :shrug:

Ni55anpat
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Clips with Griffin and Melo ...damn and wait for Nash to become a free agent and they sign him....

YOu can dream right?

nickdymez
01-30-2011, 10:35 PM
That's ridiculous.. We haven't missed the finals with him

No way he's involved, no trade clause

You must not watch these games...

Mplsman
01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I would love to see Melo on the clippers.

blastmasta26
01-31-2011, 12:00 AM
I would love to see Melo on the clippers.
B-Diddy, Eric Gordon, Melo, Blake Griffin is a very nice core.

Lake_Show2416
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
You must not watch these games...

Ya and Im not going to over react in January about a back to back championship team

+HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richiesaurus310
01-31-2011, 08:51 PM
The Nuggets WILL NOT trade within the conference.. especially when their still in the playoff hunt.

Best fit for Melo w/o having to sign an extension; Atlanta Hawks!

- SF Marvin Williams, SG Jamal Crawford, C Z.Pachulia, PF Pape SY, & 2011 1st rd pick in exchanged for SF Melo, SG JR Smith, & 2011 2nd rd pick.

Hawks Lineup:

C) Hortford/Thomas/Collins
PF) J.Smith/J.Powell
SF) Melo/Evans/Wilkins
SG) Johnson/JR Smith/Jor.Crawford
PG) Bibby/Teague

-IMO, this makes the hawks the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference. Not sure how the playoff system goes in the NBA now, b/c the hawks are in the same division as the Heat, does that mean that the other two division winners(though the hawks may have a better record) would have a better seed?

Also, if the Hawks dont resign Melo, they still got their wish; salary relief! They shed up to over 30 million in contracts by trading M.Williams, Z.Pach, & P.Sy.

The nuggets may be in the playoff hunt, but they know if they dont win it all Melo is definitely leaving. They have to get something for melo so they dont become the cavs. Kaman or Bynum would be a good start. Nobody wants al harrington, and you have to take his contract in order to get melo and denver may trade within division to get rid of harrington.

Knicks21
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Melo will be a Knick...if not this season, then next.

fixed

nickdymez
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Ya and Im not going to over react in January about a back to back championship team

+HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not overacting, he plays like ****.... Like a woman... Im sick of it...

Khalifa21
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
I could see the Lakers giving up Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown and someone else for Carmello Anthony.

And I could see the Nuggets laughing in the face of that offer. They don't want Melo in the west if he's gotta leave and that garbage offer isn't good enough to convince them otherwise.

richiesaurus310
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
And I could see the Nuggets laughing in the face of that offer. They don't want Melo in the west if he's gotta leave and that garbage offer isn't good enough to convince them otherwise.

They dont want to let him go for absolutely nothing like cleveland did though. Getting rid of Al harrington's contract is like gold to denver you got to remember. Even if they dont get crazy talent in return they can get something + drop harrington's next 4 years 28 million or whatever it is.

John Walls Era
01-31-2011, 10:14 PM
I think Bill Simmons talked about this. Melo should accept a trade to the Clippers, but he won't want to. That Clippers' team will be nasty, but Melo has no intention on playing with the 2nd team of LA.

richiesaurus310
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
^ i think hed be coming to LA at just the right time. The decline of Kobe's lakers and the rise of Blake Griffin's Clippers.

evadatam5150
02-01-2011, 12:20 AM

My ideas would be

Dude any move would be an improvement over the softness that embodies this team currently...

believeinNYK
02-01-2011, 02:11 AM
VERY unlikely

DodgersFan28
02-01-2011, 03:26 AM
The only way Clippers get Carmelo is if they trade Blake Griffin to Denver.

Live in the real world.

OT Thriller
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Melo in Los Angeles would be nuts AND it would make sense. Both teams have talent to support him. Kobe + Melo... that is scary. For the people saying no to giving up Bynum for Melo, get real. Yes Bynum is a big body in the post but we are talking about Carmelo Anthony, one of the leagues great. You don't pass that up.

AIRMAR72
02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
carmelo and kobe would be the wrong fit for the laker both players require high volume of shots and not so good at passing da ball out of double team they both need space on offense carmelo needs to be on team with a pass 1st PG i think da hornets is the perfect fit for him and his style of play and playing with someone like chris paul who will make carmelo better on offense and playing with amare that wouldnt work either

baghdadbob
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I think the Lakes should do some version of a S&T for Wilson Chandler using Bynum.

Helps both teams. Lakers get a young scoring forward who can put up 20, improves athleticism, good D and rebounding.

Knicks get length they need but take risk Bynum will always be injury prone.

SportsAndrew25
02-01-2011, 02:29 PM
What crap are you smoking? The Lakers already have Kobe, Odom, and Gasol. I cannot see the Clippers getting them either.

20R8ersfaN08
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Wish Lakers could land Melo

Da Knicks
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM

can the knicks have him?:)

magichatnumber9
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Kobe, Lamar, Gasol, and Bynum are the only players of worth on that team. Bynum is iffy. You guys have to fix this problem via coaching

Bornknick73
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Not only that but i dont see Kobe deferring to Melo on the offensive end and vice versa and Kobe is just as bad as Jordan was so if you are a slacker on the defensive end i can see these 2 going at it. Kobe wont tolerate a player who wont play D.

I also dont think the Lakers wanna ruin their shot at Dwight Howard in 2012 by saddling thier cap with Melo. But i could envision the Lakers making that trade and trading Melo and Bynum at the deadline in 2012 for Howard and someone else. Maybe try to give Kobe one last bigman ala Shaq to send him into retirement with a ring or 2 more. Then D12 takes over as the franchise.

Lakerfrk
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
IF the Lakers talked to Denver, I think they could put a deal together that is..

Bynum, Ebanks, Artest

FOR

Anthony, Nene, Carter

This way the Nuggets get a young "hotshot" center, a SF with probably trade value if someone wants a defensive stopper, and a young budding potential rotation player.

The Lakers get that next superstar, and a center to fill the void... Carter is a throw in....

could be a go move?

Lake_Show2416
02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
can the knicks have him?:)

Haha seriously how can you be to want o get rid of Pau Gasol??

heathonater
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
im not sure how kobe and melo would work together. neither player is as effective when they dont have the ball in their hands, and im not sure either player would defer to each other. as for the clippers, i dont think melo would want to go there because he wouldn't be the number one star in la.

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
IF the Lakers talked to Denver, I think they could put a deal together that is..

Bynum, Ebanks, Artest

FOR

Anthony, Nene, Carter

This way the Nuggets get a young "hotshot" center, a SF with probably trade value if someone wants a defensive stopper, and a young budding potential rotation player.

The Lakers get that next superstar, and a center to fill the void... Carter is a throw in....

could be a go move?

The ONLY way a trade happens if a team takes Al Harrington, thats why melo isn't in ny or nj right now.

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
The only way Clippers get Carmelo is if they trade Blake Griffin to Denver.

Live in the real world.

Ummm no. Perhaps you have forgotten the trade that got Pau Gasol to the lakers. Its not a video game, there is a business side of things that have to look at cap relief and getting talent in return for a player that's going to leave anyways in a couple of months.

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20110201,0,2491599.story

could the melo trade be what the lakers are considering???

Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington.

And this trade still works without Luke Walton or Ron Artest due to the Sasha Vujiacic trade exception they have.

Lakerfrk
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20110201,0,2491599.story

could the melo trade be what the lakers are considering???

Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks for Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington.

The ONLY issue here, is that I would hope the Lakers would get Nene back, if they are going to deal Bynum...

faze38
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Not going to happen Melo doesn't want to play with Kobe he wants to beat him! It's the only guy he hasn't been able to top so stop with the dream. On top of that the deal u put up there for the clippers is just awful they would have to at least give up Gordan and Jordan just to have a shot at him. Which would be a great trade if they can get him to sign an extension but I don't think he wants to be Kobe's shadow either. So maybe if the Clippers had plans to move to Seattle I could see it happening but not while they are in LA aka Kobeville!

faze38
02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
U Know what might really be a possiabilty for the lakers thanks to the trade exception that Sasha left the Lakers Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson! Which would both be great up grades and will help toughen that laker D.

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Not going to happen Melo doesn't want to play with Kobe he wants to beat him! It's the only guy he hasn't been able to top so stop with the dream. On top of that the deal u put up there for the clippers is just awful they would have to at least give up Gordan and Jordan just to have a shot at him. Which would be a great trade if they can get him to sign an extension but I don't think he wants to be Kobe's shadow either. So maybe if the Clippers had plans to move to Seattle I could see it happening but not while they are in LA aka Kobeville!

The clippers trade is fine because the nuggets get kaman, and foye and gomes are easier to move than al harrington. And cook is an expiring contract.

Lakerfrk
02-01-2011, 08:06 PM
For some reason, the trade machine won't let me add the trade exception to the deal... but.. the Lakers COULD do this deal, which seems to be good for both teams...

Lakers get: Carmello Anthony, Nene, Al Harrington

Nuggets get: Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks

Lakerfrk
02-01-2011, 08:07 PM
U Know what might really be a possiabilty for the lakers thanks to the trade exception that Sasha left the Lakers Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson! Which would both be great up grades and will help toughen that laker D.

Yep.. would love this.. SJax please!! - Walton + trade exception, or even Artest + exception...

nwilder
02-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I actually think the clippers would be an instant contender with melo. Baron, Gordon, Melo, Griffin, DeAndre..WOW! But I don't see it happening.

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 08:11 PM
For some reason, the trade machine won't let me add the trade exception to the deal... but.. the Lakers COULD do this deal, which seems to be good for both teams...

Lakers get: Carmello Anthony, Nene, Al Harrington

Nuggets get: Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks

You'd have to add shannon Brown to make the salaries work so this won't happen.

BlackMambaKBB24
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Steven Jackson would be great in LA, Get rid of Artest and Walton...

richiesaurus310
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
^ again the salaries wont work. Plus dont captain jack and kobe dislike each other a lot?? didnt stephen jackson say he was better than kobe a few years ago??

Lakerfrk
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
You'd have to add shannon Brown to make the salaries work so this won't happen.

No no.. we could add the trade exception from Sasha... that would do it.

dnewguy
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I dont wish anything good for the Lakers and the Celtics....they've made life miserable for the rest of us enough.

LongWayFromHome
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM

OK you're nuts. MJ in his prime wouldn't make this team a contender?

richiesaurus310
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/story...=Artest-110202

Artest wants out of LA now?? This and the Lakers Gm looking for a possible trade added to the fact that the Nuggets still want to move Melo I believe makes this very possible.

richiesaurus310
02-09-2011, 12:08 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL wow

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304

richiesaurus310
02-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Did I call this or what??

Kobes a Killer
02-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Did I call this or what??

Yes Yes Bravo, still you didn't really call anything until it happens, which it most likely won't

richiesaurus310
02-09-2011, 12:27 AM
^ I just think it's funny that so many people think this is so unlikely. I think melo is exactly what the lakers need. I really dont think its that unlikely. After Phil leaves this year, I think the door is going to close very rapidly on Kobe's Lakers, but one last run with Melo on board would be great.

Slimsim
02-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Why does Denver want to help LA win another ring ?

Drcgswfan
02-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Melo aint gonna go to the Lakers, the magnitude of the karma from that immense rape trade that the Lakers pulled off for Pau Gasol will forbid the Lakers from getting any good deal for the next decade. They've got it way too good over there, it's time to for the NBA gods and karma to kick the Lakers to the curb, punch them in the mouth and turn them into the laughing stock of the league for a sentence no sorter than 10 to 15 years. Same thing goes for the Celtics.

richiesaurus310
02-09-2011, 12:58 AM
^^ Lol im a clipper fan, trust me nobody deserves that... HATER

richiesaurus310
02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
So the nuggets dont want artest or odom, so my trade with luke walton will still work.

8kobe24
02-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Melo aint gonna go to the Lakers, the magnitude of the karma from that immense rape trade that the Lakers pulled off for Pau Gasol will forbid the Lakers from getting any good deal for the next decade. They've got it way too good over there, it's time to for the NBA gods and karma to kick the Lakers to the curb, punch them in the mouth and turn them into the laughing stock of the league for a sentence no sorter than 10 to 15 years. Same thing goes for the Celtics.

ok:eyebrow: