PDA

View Full Version : Do believe OJ Mayo at all?

coloradobuff
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
OJ Mayo failed a drug test b/c he said he drank an energy drink from a convenience store..

Now, if OJ Mayo can recollect so easily this one trip to the store, he should be able to remember brand of energy drink.

So if they test the energy drink and it does in fact contain DHEA, then he shouldnt be suspended. Otherwise if it doesnt contain anything, then double his suspension..

MiamiWadeCounty
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
No, I do not believe him nor I do believe the guy who tested positive in some other sport claiming he ate tampered meat.

juggla53
01-30-2011, 12:26 PM
OJ Mayo failed a drug test b/c he said he drank an energy drink from a convenience store..

Now, if OJ Mayo can recollect so easily this one trip to the store, he should be able to remember brand of energy drink.

So if they test the energy drink and it does in fact contain DHEA, then he shouldnt be suspended. Otherwise if it doesnt contain anything, then double his suspension..

Regardless of what was in the energy drink they wont change his suspension either way, however an energy drink can absolutley set off a positive drug test, im not sure if thats actully what happend with mayo, but it wouldnt be the first time

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 12:29 PM
hes probably lying. even if he wasnt, but it wont change the suspension.

NYY09
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Energy drink??? Really? :laugh: OJ you dumb :facepalm:

kingkenny01
01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
not unless he mixes energy drinks and roids
i would believe him more if he said that he did not know it was an illegal substance for basketball, i mean creatine is illegal in the NFL but it is a legal substance

210Don
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
sure why not.

Jaji
01-30-2011, 01:05 PM
He didn't receive benefits while at USC either.

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
No, I don't buy it. These guys are smart enough to know what they are putting in their bodies. Their careers depend on making smart decisions.

fadedmario
01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
OJ Mayo will be a career role player

knicks4life33
01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Like honestly does using steriods really give you a advantage in basketball anyway

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Like honestly does using steriods really give you a advantage in basketball anyway

It can help you to recover faster, it could be a huge help.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-30-2011, 02:22 PM
OJ Mayo will be a career role player

too soon to tell, he needs to find a way out of Memphis though

knicks4life33
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
yeah but they say thats when you have a injury but im not sure . just stupid drug you have to use for a basketball player

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Actually I kind of do simply because whenever I'm going to drink anything that's not water I like to read in the back of the label what is it EXACTLY that I'm putting into my body and I have seen some energy drinks that do have that chemical within it, usually try to avoid the drinks with weird chemicals in them tho

RZZZA
01-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Actually I kind of do simply because whenever I'm going to drink anything that's not water I like to read in the back of the label what is it EXACTLY that I'm putting into my body and I have seen some energy drinks that do have that chemical within it, usually try to avoid the drinks with weird chemicals in them tho

then dont drink energy drinks.

all of them have weird chemicals in there. I dont know why anybody drinks redbull, jolt, etc.

its a chemical swill

ClayMatthews
01-30-2011, 02:29 PM
No i dont. This reminds me of brian cushings sorry excuse when he said he failed his illegal substance test for "working out too hard"

bahama0811
01-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Don't you think that a professional athlete should read the label too? His career depends on him staying clean. IMO this is just a lame excuse to try to get out of the suspension.

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't you think that a professional athlete should read the label too? His career depends on him staying clean. IMO this is just a lame excuse to try to get out of the suspension.

that's why I said I kind of do. I mean if I read all of the ingredients, calorie intake, sodium blah blah blah that all of foods and drinks have then why wouldn't an athlete do it? Could an occurrence happen where he might drink something in a rush simply because he was thirsty or it was a trusted brand with a new ingredient in it? maybe? could he have been in the car while somebody else got the drink for him? maybe? does it all sound a bit far fetched? you bet. lol

steveshane67
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM

yes, who wouldnt want to be bigger faster stronger?

steveshane67
01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
not unless he mixes energy drinks and roids
i would believe him more if he said that he did not know it was an illegal substance for basketball, i mean creatine is illegal in the NFL but it is a legal substance

there are a ton of legal substances banned by leagues. take diuretics for example, but creatine is not one.

Sixerlover
01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Drinking a Four Loko got him suspended :laugh2:

I knew those were terrible for you

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Who cares, it's not going to change anything. He's still serving that 10-game suspension

Keyword 'should'. He may be a professional athlete, but he's still human. People Should be concerned about their food intake, and read the labels on these foods, considering their health depends on it. As humans, shouldn't we be responsible for our health and all. Yet you look at America and the obese rate. And you hear the 'lame' excuses. Things happen, and we don't know whether he's lying or not. We can only speculate, but speculation on a topic like this is pointless.

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:08 PM

absolutely. i think its one of the most under reported issues in sports. i think half the league is probably taking PEDs, conservatively.

it seems pretty obvious to me how it would help in basketball, just as it would in any other sport.

as for oj, yeah, no. lying out his ***. unless he was drinking four loco i doubt an energy drink has anything serious in it. clown.

cbreezy34
01-30-2011, 03:10 PM
No i dont. This reminds me of brian cushings sorry excuse when he said he failed his illegal substance test for "working out too hard"

haha that will be his best freind Clay Matthews excuse in the near future... you know... your boy

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Roid.J Mayo is a bust.

PhillyFaninLA
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Testing the energy drink and it containing DHEA or something could trigger a positive in a test for it does not mean he is innocent.

KingPosey
01-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Besides recovery it can really help with explosive movements like jumping, running. It is probably more helpful in Basketball than baseball. the truth came out though. He said it was an energy drink, lol. I believed it was possible when i thought it was a real supplement.

zambo4president
01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I do. But I love OJ Mayo, so my passion blinds me.

DodgerBlue82
01-30-2011, 04:25 PM

I assumed baseketballs policy was like baseballs. Its the players responsibility to know what he is putting in his own body so if they test it and it is in the drink its still Mayo's fault for not being aware it was in the drink. And to ansewer the first question, Heck no I don't buy his excuse!

Kakaroach
01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
A pro athlete (or anyone who works out for that matter) should not really be having crappy energy drinks. I believe him though, seems like an honest mistake.

fire2last
01-30-2011, 05:25 PM
How does he know that it was the energy drink that set off the drug test? My guess is that if this were the case then it would have been publicize by now by the NBA or ESPN what the drink was and/or what the substance was in the drink.

Mayo...you lyin'.

sargon21
01-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I believe him.

:hide:

Fnom11
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
You would be surprised at what they put in energy drinks.

RZZZA
01-30-2011, 05:34 PM
You would be surprised at what they put in energy drinks.

I wouldn't.

I'm guessing uranium juice and bat droppings. Am I close?

Fnom11
01-30-2011, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't.

I'm guessing uranium juice and bat droppings. Am I close?

HAVE U SEEN HOT TUB TIME MACHINE MAN? There's chemicals that'll revert time and stuff man.

JasonJohnHorn
01-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Who knows. Ths $#!T they put in some things these days. I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know some athletes have been perscribed stuff by their doctor they didnt realize had some band chemicals in it (doctors regularily perscribe meds with low levels of steroids in them). who knows...

WizFan3
01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
they know what theyre putting in their bodies but everyone makes mistakes so idk y everyone is making such a big deal about it

ElMarroAfamado
01-30-2011, 07:35 PM
haha people are only defending him cuz they seem to like OJ Mayo. he did it and he is trying to cover it up...eh Rashard Lewis did it and hes still in the league so eh