PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: "Why Can't I be MVP?"

Pages : [1] 2

JNA17
01-30-2011, 06:11 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537155

A thread made a month before the regular season started and if you don't feel you want to bother reading there.p, it basically has the majority of posters laughing at the idea or the thought of rose actually being mentioned as such Ever. Some said I like his confidence, but no. Then others said maybe in a few more years, but no. Pretty much if you don't get the idea, it's fair to say that beside bulls fans, pretty much no one would think this would happen, at least not this year.

Now with him been ranked #1 as a MVP candidate so far for almost the end of the half of the regular season, is safe to say that he could actually...well win that award now?

Mochalman
01-30-2011, 06:12 AM
doubtful

Gibby
01-30-2011, 06:27 AM
still quite a bit of the season left. My prediction would be lebron because i think heat will finish first in the east.

kingbrentg
01-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Pretty hilarious just reading that thread at all of the posts that gave him zero chance, merely laughed at the idea, and said he won't even be an All-Star.

Whether he wins it or not, he's already shown how much he can improve his game in a season. And has taken the next step to being one of the league's best players. Love his attitude and drive.

dodie53
01-30-2011, 07:34 AM
LBJ will still win it imo

PrestigeWldWde
01-30-2011, 07:37 AM
There are still going to be those jealous, toolbag, haters that are going to say that Rose will never be MVP or shouldn't be an all-star. The fact is, if they knew anything about basketball and have watched most Bulls games since Rose was a rookie, then they could see how deserving he is of being an all-star starter and MVP candidate.
Each season the kid has worked on parts of his game. This season we are really seeing very good outside shooting, including 3 pointers, pick and roll offense, and improved defense. Soon it looks like he's going to be above average in pretty much every aspect of the game. He's leading this Bulls to a great season so far and 90% of the season has been played without Boozer and/or Noah. I really think the Bulls matchup well with any team in the East, including the Heat. Great stats, great leadership, great record...why not MVP???

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Ok, I know its a little more then half way through the season, but I'm takin names of the people who either laughed at the idea or gave him zero chance of winning it or having a chance of winning it.

avenged24
justinnum1
97nyer
baller101200
superdude901
ovratd1up
footballer2369
dnewguy
mikantsass
daleja24
hawkeye15
khalifa21
thehoopsprophet

and that's just from skimming and not even getting through the whole thread. these are the people that said rose isn't even top 15 in the league or said he had no chance at all to win the award and said he wasn't top 3 at his position.

even if rose doesn't end up winning it, you guys have to be eating your words right now for not even giving him a punchers chance then. I could keep going on, but I won't. next time maybe you guys will do your research on the guy and STOP LOOKING AT STATS.

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Pretty hilarious just reading that thread at all of the posts that gave him zero chance, merely laughed at the idea, and said he won't even be an All-Star.

Whether he wins it or not, he's already shown how much he can improve his game in a season. And has taken the next step to being one of the league's best players. Love his attitude and drive.

yep, the thread was hilarious how a lot of people didn't give him a chance at all.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't see how the guy, who is not even top 10 player in the league can win the MVP.

PrestigeWldWde
01-30-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't see how the guy, who is not even top 10 player in the league can win the MVP.

I'm sorry, I also forgot to mention that I would love a list of your top 10 players in the league.
Feel free to swallow your pride and include Rose to make your list somewhat reliable.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry, I also forgot to mention that I would love a list of your top 10 players in the league.
Feel free to swallow your pride and include Rose to make your list somewhat reliable.
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

If any of these players played in the Bulls right now, Rose wouldn't be the MVP of the Bulls.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 08:35 AM
:burn:
You choked and have nothing to say? Hell I love Bulls fans like you.

Mr. Baller
01-30-2011, 08:42 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

If any of these players played in the Bulls right now, Rose wouldn't be the MVP of the Bulls.

No way Griffin is a top 10 player. Even though I am a Heat fan, that 10 spot should go to D-Rose.

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 08:43 AM
You choked and have nothing to say? Hell I love Bulls fans like you.

when I use emoticons instead of actually using words, im being polite. I thought he already got you so i didn't wanna kick you while you were down already. sorry, but if you watch almost every bulls game like you claimed, you wouldnt be making dumb comments like that.

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 08:47 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

carmelo is really debatable, I dont know if he is really top 10, but blake griffin? he's top 10 but his team has 18 wins? :facepalm: you just lost me actually taking you seriously and debating you privileges for a day.

blake griffin is top 10 LMFAO..........

PrettyBoyJ
01-30-2011, 08:50 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

You really put Blake Griffin as top 10 player over Rose.. Just give the guy the credit he deserves he may not be top 10 right now but He's playing like it and he's playing like the league MVP. He's carrying that team regardless who's in the line up.. which half the time Boozer and Noah were out.. Give the guy some credit

Minimal
01-30-2011, 08:51 AM
carmelo is really debatable, I dont know if he is really top 10, but blake griffin? he's top 10 but his team has 18 wins? :facepalm: you just lost me actually taking you seriously and debating you privileges for a day.

blake griffin is top 10 LMFAO..........
Well If Blake Griffin played on the Bulls he would be the alpha man on the team not Rose imo, so that kinda proves he is a better player than Rose. And this has nothing to do with wins and loses. I didn't even include Amare in top 10.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 08:59 AM
when I use emoticons instead of actually using words, im being polite. I thought he already got you so i didn't wanna kick you while you were down already. sorry, but if you watch almost every bulls game like you claimed, you wouldnt be making dumb comments like that.
Well I watch every Bulls game and I can easily see that Rose can be a rather good scorer, but he is not a great PG yet, most of his assists come from pick and rolls, he doesn't create that much for his teammates, he is also hesitant sometimes when he attacks the basket. He is nothing near of a pure scorer and his TS% confirms that. He is more Monta Ellis type of player with great supporting cast and a great coach.

SteBO
01-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Well I watch every Bulls game and I can easily see that Rose can be a rather good scorer, but he is not a great PG yet, most of his assists come from pick and rolls, he doesn't create that much for his teammates, he is also hesitant sometimes when he attacks the basket. He is nothing near of a pure scorer and his TS% confirms that. He is more Monta Ellis type of player with great supporting cast and a great coach.
:confused: What? Your comparing D-Rose to Monta Ellis, and putting Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin over Rose. That my friend, is laughable. BTW, Rose is definitely becoming a point guard, and that's apparent this year. He's averaging 8 assists per game this year. He is a point guard if you ask me, as well as averaging 24 ppg, while holding the second best record in the east. When you combine those stats with winning, it equates to strong MVP consideration.

CHANGO
01-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Rose is an All-Star.
Rose can be MVP.

daricoliver
01-30-2011, 09:53 AM

These comments are absurd. Rose is leading all the point guards in scoring and top ten in assists of all point guards. That puts him near the top of all point guards and easily a top ten player. He has improved his overall game dramatically. He takes over in second halfs of many games like dominant players.

Many players get their assists from pick and roll, this comment is stupid. He is anything but hesitant when he attacks the basket. For some unknown reason he still doesn't get all the calls he should, although that is changing a little as of late. He had a 19 FT game recently (you remember this?) He hardly has had a great supporting cast all year. He has done much of this on his own. One of his starting front court players have been hurt all year. He doesn't have a true starting shooting guard. He is playing with a center that is almost 40. I dont get the Monta Ellis reference at all. He is nothing like Monta Ellis, other than he is a scorer. Here might be the biggest difference and what makes him one of the best. He just want to win and this drives him to do whatever he has to do. If his teamates are not pulling their weight, he can turn it on and take over a game. He just wants to win and doesn't give a crap about his TS%. He is a true closer and top ten in the league and easily a MVP candidate.

dnewguy
01-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Rose is MVP.

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

Your a joke. Here is my list
Lebron
Kobe
Chris paul
wade
howard
durant
Amare
ROse
Willams
Anthony
Griffen is not top 10 in the league. Rose has been amazing, I dont like the bulls but dont hate on ROse. And then not put amare top 10

zambo4president
01-30-2011, 11:29 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

Any bit of credibility you may have had is gone.

Jaji
01-30-2011, 11:36 AM
:laugh:

D Rose will NOT win MVP. He's still a great player. Bulls fans should stop being so sensitive. Not winning MVP doesn't mean you suck. It means you're not the MVP (usually).

Khalifa21
01-30-2011, 11:48 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Amar'e Stoudemire
11. Pau Gasol
12. Derrick Rose

Then you have the Rose/Rondo/Westbrook argument that could see him slide down as far as 14. You could still argue Steve Nash is better. He's top 15, not top 10 yet.. Although he's taken major strides this season.

CHANGO
01-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Rose is great, but for me, isn't among the top 10 right now. Still has much room for improvement.

He can be MVP this year, that doesn't mean he's the best, like, he can miss the MVP, and that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Minimal
Rose shoots .442 from the field and only MVP in last 40 years who shot below .450 was Allen Iverson.
Rose has a lot of things to improve to become real MVP.

NoTippinPippen
It's quite laughable when people say Rose has NO chance of being MVP. His team is 2nd in the east and he has played great basketball this year. He is a top 10 player imo and has a strong chance of being MVP.

However if someone asked me to predict the MVP i would say Lebron James

Dr Cyanide 28
01-30-2011, 11:59 AM
rose is pretty damn good. I dont know if he will win mvp this year, but im sure hell win it sometime in his career. guy is still young and can improve a lot. scary potential.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Amar'e Stoudemire
11. Pau Gasol
12. Derrick Rose

Then you have the Rose/Rondo/Westbrook argument that could see him slide down as far as 14. You could still argue Steve Nash is better. He's top 15, not top 10 yet.. Although he's taken major strides this season.

1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin
Great minds think alike

marlinsfan24
01-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I think Rose definitely has a shot of being MVP this season, but he's not my favorite right now to win it still.

And to Bulls fans, you guys make a fuss about Heat fans crying about when you guys bash Lebron but then anyone bashes Rose and you guys do the same thing. I'm not saying this to bait because I will openly bash Lebron though he's on my favorite team.

John Walls Era
01-30-2011, 12:10 PM
He has John Walls Era's vote... not that it means much

killbumdeluxe13
01-30-2011, 12:13 PM
top 10 in no particular order
1)Lebron
2)Kobe
3)Durant
4)Howard
5)Amare
6)Pau
7)Dirk
8)Wade
9)Chris Paul
10)Deron Williams

**11 and 12 Rose and Griffin

Rose needs to lead his team into the playoffs with homecourt advantage and make it outta the first round to make top 10. Hes playing like hes a top 10 player this season and MVP but needs to solidify it with some post season success. Only one on that list that doesnt have the post season success is Durant but i doubt anyone wouldnt call him top 10. Blake is playing out of his mind and without a doubt has top 10 talent but lets see him do all this on a winning team first. Another player that could come close with some winning teams is Kevin Love.

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

if, if, if.

nitric
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

Good lord. Well at least you solidified the fact that you have 0 credibility now. A troll will always be a troll, I guess.

nitric
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
top 10 in no particular order
1)Lebron
2)Kobe
3)Durant
4)Howard
5)Amare
6)Pau
7)Dirk
8)Wade
9)Chris Paul
10)Deron Williams

**11 and 12 Rose and Griffin

Rose needs to lead his team into the playoffs with homecourt advantage and make it outta the first round to make top 10. Hes playing like hes a top 10 player this season and MVP but needs to solidify it with some post season success. Only one on that list that doesnt have the post season success is Durant but i doubt anyone wouldnt call him top 10. Blake is playing out of his mind and without a doubt has top 10 talent but lets see him do all this on a winning team first. Another player that could come close with some winning teams is Kevin Love.Why is Durant in the Top 10 if that's your criteria for Top 10?

killbumdeluxe13
01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
did u read my whole post? i said durant was the only one that didnt have the post season success. regardless i cant knock him off my top 10 list.

nitric
01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
did u read my whole post? i said durant was the only one that didnt have the post season success. regardless i cant knock him off my top 10 list.

Ah, double standards and exceptions. My bad

nitric
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok, I know its a little more then half way through the season, but I'm takin names of the people who either laughed at the idea or gave him zero chance of winning it or having a chance of winning it.

avenged24
justinnum1
97nyer
baller101200
superdude901
ovratd1up
footballer2369
dnewguy
mikantsass
daleja24
hawkeye15
khalifa21
thehoopsprophet

and that's just from skimming and not even getting through the whole thread. these are the people that said rose isn't even top 15 in the league or said he had no chance at all to win the award and said he wasn't top 3 at his position.

even if rose doesn't end up winning it, you guys have to be eating your words right now for not even giving him a punchers chance then. I could keep going on, but I won't. next time maybe you guys will do your research on the guy and STOP LOOKING AT STATS.
Lol these guys look like clowns now. Someone even had Wall and Rondo over Rose for the ASG :facepalm:

killbumdeluxe13
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Ah, double standards and exceptions. My bad

exactly how is that a double standard if i never stated those were the criteria i used for everyone? ill give you that its an exception but ill argue that there are exceptions to everything.
Again, thats what I feel Rose needs to do to end this argument and solidify his spot.

Southsideheat
01-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Rose has carried the Bulls the entire year. He's been the rock when others have come in and out because of injury. The definition of an MVP. The kid has arrived. Whether people realize that now or later, i don't really care.

Avenged
01-30-2011, 12:29 PM

avenged24
justinnum1
97nyer
baller101200
superdude901
ovratd1up
footballer2369
dnewguy
mikantsass
daleja24
hawkeye15
khalifa21
thehoopsprophet

:( I thought we were cool man?

Rose wasn't on that level during that time which is why many felt he wasn't. It's no big deal, there was a lot of overration with Rose. I've always liked the guy since he came in the league, but that isn't going to make me overrate him. He wasn't top 15 at that time and there was no reason to believe he had a chance to win MVP. He wasn't top 3 in his position during that time, so there really isn't wrong with thinking he wouldn't win. He's come a long way though and has really made a leap of improvement seeing as how he has the Bulls with a really good record.

nitric
01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM

24 ppg, 8+ apg and improved defense along with an improved 3pt shot, plus 55+ wins and a 3rd seed could get him into the MVP conversation...

okay now this is scary. nice prediction :speechless:

flclfanman
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Pau Gasol better than Rose?

Saying he's better than Dirk is a joke in and of itself :eyebrow:

Branwegner84
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't think Rose will win it, he too young. Kinda like when Chris Paul got screwed a couple years back. I think he may be the most improved, he is a MVP candidate, and on his way to be a superstar, but won't win it.

minervamob
01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
...Like you

Great response. Watch more games and stop playing 2k so much. I think thats where half you people get your nba news from

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Great response. Watch more games and stop playing 2k so much. I think thats where half you people get your nba news from

damn, you caught me. :sigh:

pd1dish
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
D rose for mvp *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjoke
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
I think you guys need to wait till the season is over.

swirl54
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

Rose is better than the last four people on your list funny that you have Lebron above Wade and he's better than Paul your the crazy one

fadedmario
01-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Rose isn't even a top 5 player - no chance

Redbull
01-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Rose might not be the clear cut #1 pick for the MVP but if anyone says he is not even deserving they obviously haven't been wathcing much basketball this year.

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Rose shoots .442 from the field and only MVP in last 40 years who shot below .450 was Allen Iverson.
Rose has a lot of things to improve to become real MVP.

You have ZERO credibility right now. Everyone starts talking about efficiency and stats but forget about wins. In the end, W's are THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. These top ten lists are cracking me up. D Wade and LBJ are in everyones top 5 yet no one is talking about how the Bulls are the ones with the 2 spot in the East and the tiebreaker with Miami. So let me ask you this, how come D Wade and LBJ are SOOO much better than Rose, but they have a worse record? Meanwhile Rose hasn't had atleast 1 of his top 2 players (not including him) for all but 9 games. Yes, he still has a better record than the 3 queens WITHOUT HAVING HIS FULL TEAM. So anyone that says he is not an all star, not top 10, and not an MVP candidate really don't know anything about the game of basketball, or are just plain haters. Lets not forget that the Bulls are 24-6 in their last 30 games and have beaten the likes of Boston, Miami, and LA. Just face it dude, u are wrong and are currently eating crow.

Shmontaine
01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
chicago has the third best record in the league... does winning not count for anything??

He's the #1 option on top 3 team in the league... Take off the hate goggles

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Rose isn't even a top 5 player - no chance
Not one person in here said Rose was top 5. Try reading the thread before you make comments. The award isn't called Most Valuable Top 5 Player, it's just Most Valuable Player, which Rose has made a strong case for. To say he has no chance is just beyond laughable.

fadedmario
01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Bulls have their first good team in 12 years. Now everyone is saying MVP. lol

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
^ not top 5 but he is top 10.

fadedmario
01-30-2011, 01:15 PM
This thread should be in the Bulls forum. PSD is losing members because half of the main forum threads are always about the Bulls. If this was any other team it would be moved.

Shmontaine
01-30-2011, 01:15 PM

??? What are you talking about??

I think they say MVP talk about almost every good team... way to hate...

Shmontaine
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
This thread should be in the Bulls forum. PSD is losing members because half of the main forum threads are always about the Bulls. If this was any other team it would be moved.

Feel free to join the departed..

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
??? What are you talking about??

I think they say MVP talk about almost every good team... way to hate...

Yeah First it was LEbron/wade, then Dirk Then amare now rose. SO every good team has their top player being MVP

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
feel free to join the departed..
lol

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:21 PM
lebron better not win it this season, since when does a guy whos on a team with 2 other all stars and ends up 3rd in the conference win mvp?

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
lebron better not win it this season, since when does a guy whos on a team with 2 other all stars and ends up 3rd in the conference win mvp?

Lebron is avg 26.1 a game and wade is avvg 25.2

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:23 PM
rose is leading a team that has had injuries and doesnt have wade or bosh to the 2nd best record in the east, above the heat, and ledouche should win it? give me a break

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2011, 01:25 PM
^ he isnt winning it no way. AMARE IS :P imagin no rose has a good shot but having boozer is :/

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 01:26 PM

last time i checked it was about every good team. :confused: dont hate, appreciate.

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 01:28 PM

And you have yet to come up with an argument that would prove otherwise. All you are doing is spewing ur opinion and acting like it's worth it's weight in gold. Try to come up with something intelligent or insightful on the matter before you make ur comments. Otherwise, u aren't helping ur cause to disprove his NUMBER 1 MVP ranking. And I guess u know a lot more about basketball than the guys who write about it for a living.

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:29 PM
^ he isnt winning it no way. AMARE IS :P imagin no rose has a good shot but having boozer is :/

amares up there, but the knicks arent a true championship contender, the bulls are, and rose was winning even when boozer was out

marlinsfan24
01-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Bulls are a championship contender now? Wow.

nitric
01-30-2011, 01:33 PM

We're a serviceable SG away from being contenders. Plus we've basically played the entire season without a healthy roster. Lets see what Noah does to this team and if he can elevate us to contender status(massive upgrade from Kurt Thomas)

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:35 PM

better record than the three stooges with noah and boozer missing considerable amounts of time

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 01:40 PM
westbrook > rose

if westbrook played without durant and in a bigger market, maybed hed be all over espn like rose :facepalm:

Minimal
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
westbrook > rose

if westbrook played without durant and in a bigger market, maybed hed be all over espn like rose :facepalm:
+1

Sox72
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Blake Griffin

This post is great. I bet you weren't expecting everyone, including your fellow Heat fans, to blatantly laugh at you for this. Well done, Minimal. Well done.

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:43 PM
westbrook > rose

if ifs and buts where whores and sluts the entire world would have herpes

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 01:44 PM
This post is great. I bet you weren't expecting everyone, including your fellow Heat fans, to blatantly laugh at you for this. Well done, Minimal. Well done.

at least he didnt put chris bosh. :shrug:

WizFan3
01-30-2011, 01:44 PM
rose could deff be an mvp candidate what is this crap about lebron...kobe...dwayne u ppl make me laugh

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 01:45 PM

i need to sig this, SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO SIG QUOTES. because this was funny.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 01:46 PM

this is the way u reply?

u must know its the truth

Minimal
01-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Did anyone of heat fans laugh at me about that? There are only butthurt emo bulls fans in this thread mostly.

StriveGreatness
01-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Why can't he be MVP? Because Kobe, LeBron, Durant and D12 are still in the league.

Minimal
01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Why can't I be MVP of the league? Why not me? Why not? I don't see why.. Why? Why can't I be MVP? /cry

arosen36
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Why can't I be MVP of the league? Why not me? Why not? I don't see why.. Why? Why can't I be MVP? /cry

thanks for bringing this to the table, i dont know what this thread would be without this fantastic post

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
d rose really is a hype machine, and only that. In all honesty imo he doesnt deserve to be the starter in the atg, rondo did. Am I glad he got it? hell yeah, he is much more exciting to watch than rondo, does he deserve it? no

if he wins mvp this year really wouldn't matter, this years mvp race is really weak and unexciting :yawn:

jp611
01-30-2011, 01:58 PM
d rose really is a hype machine, and only that. In all honesty imo he doesnt deserve to be the starter in the atg, rondo did. Am I glad he got it? hell yeah, he is much more exciting to watch than rondo, does he deserve it? no

if he wins mvp this year really wouldn't matter, this years mvp race is really weak and unexciting :yawn:

:laugh2:

hows that 72 game win record coming?

Lu's Dynasty
01-30-2011, 01:58 PM
+1

Westbrook is to Kevin Durant what Luol Deng is to Derrick Rose. It's a lot easier to have success and win on a team with a top 3-5 player in the league. Westbrook can't help that he plays on the same team as Durant, but unlike a Wade or a LeBron who have had to carry a team throughout their careers Westbrook has not had to do so. On the other hand we can say that Rose has been the main guy for the Bulls. I cannot say for sure whether Westbrook could do it as THE main guy on his team and still carry them to a playoff birth. Westbrook's potential is about tapped in my opinion. After this season Rose will be without question better than Westbrook. I like Luol Deng a lot for his defense and consistency offensively, but I'll gladly trade him straight up for Durant. It makes the game easier to have that kind of talent on the floor next to you as a point guard.

I can't wait for Rose to get healthy again and put back on some weight. Once Noah gets back the Bulls will be pretty difficult to knock out from one of the top 3 spots. They have the #2 spot in the East right now with Rose needing rest and Noah out. If the Bulls trade for a SG without giving up too much then the Bulls are without a doubt a championship contender. They play great defense, which figures to improve with the return of Noah, they rebound very well, have a legit go-to scorer in the post, a star in Rose and have a great set of role players. Rose might win it. He has a decent shot at winning the MVP this year.

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM

but if it lebron or wade wins, you'd go streaking across your neighborhood and scream like a girl.

we all know it, you dont have to hide it. :)

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 02:00 PM
actually minimal is actually pretty right on with his list for the exception of maybe the last 2. Simple question to all of the d rose lovers, how can you guys praise him for being so "great" and make him sound above all else if he's not even the best in his own position at pg?

FadeAwayLikeMJ
i think personally that he should be a candidate BUT...

if Rose is publically asking "why cant i be MVP" his priorities are all ****ed up.

his only concern should be winning games.

Sox72

I could read through your posts all day. I really like you.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Westbrook is to Kevin Durant what Luol Deng is to Derrick Rose. It's a lot easier to have success and win on a team with a top 3-5 player in the league. Westbrook can't help that he plays on the same team as Durant, but unlike a Wade or a LeBron who have had to carry a team throughout their careers Westbrook has not had to do so. On the other hand we can say that Rose has been the main guy for the Bulls. I cannot say for sure whether Westbrook could do it as THE main guy on his team and still carry them to a playoff birth. Westbrook's potential is about tapped in my opinion. After this season Rose will be without question better than Westbrook. I like Luol Deng a lot for his defense and consistency offensively, but I'll gladly trade him straight up for Durant. It makes the game easier to have that kind of talent on the floor next to you as a point guard.

I can't wait for Rose to get healthy again and put back on some weight. Once Noah gets back the Bulls will be pretty difficult to knock out from one of the top 3 spots. They have the #2 spot in the East right now with Rose needing rest and Noah out. If the Bulls trade for a SG without giving up too much then the Bulls are without a doubt a championship contender. They play great defense, which figures to improve with the return of Noah, they rebound very well, have a legit go-to scorer in the post, a star in Rose and have a great set of role players. Rose might win it. He has a decent shot at winning the MVP this year.

ur a homer and ur wrong.. did u see westbrooks numbers when durant was out with injury.. im pretty sure LOUL DENG could avg thse :facepalm: just go back to ur bulls forum and fap to derrick rose

1-800-STFU
01-30-2011, 02:04 PM
LOLNBA forum

Keep it up people

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
ur a homer and ur wrong.. did u see westbrooks numbers when durant was out with injury.. im pretty sure LOUL DENG could avg thse :facepalm: just go back to ur bulls forum and fap to derrick rose
Coming from a guy with the name "Brahcake." LOL at Minimal getting destroyed in this thread, even by his own fans. :laugh:

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Coming from a guy with the name "Brahcake." LOL at Minimal getting destroyed in this thread, even by his own fans. :laugh:

this is the single greatest comeback in the histroy of the internet..

congrats

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=BrahCake954;16518928]westbrook > rose

Not according to coach K and team USA

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:09 PM
this is the single greatest comeback in the histroy of the internet..

congrats
Is that supposed to offend me? Lmao

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:09 PM
westbrook > rose

Not according to coach K and team USA

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 02:10 PM
but if it lebron or wade wins, you'd go streaking across your neighborhood and scream like a girl.

we all know it, you dont have to hide it. :)

I'm sorry but i'm not the one that is what their city they live in is called

I'm not even a lebron fan and wade this year shouldn't even be mentioned in mvp talks the way his Pre-Madonna self has been making any excuse just to sit out games. Before we had lebron he would play through the pain or w-e the case may be but now all I ever hear is wade is a game time decision

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 02:10 PM
LOLNBA forum

Keep it up people

these people are crazy.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Is that supposed to offend me? Lmao

no it was supposed to enlighten you. But obviously you are upset.

Better go get to to ur bullsform so they can cheer u up wih some rose videos for your lonely nights

arosen36

:clap::laugh:

Lu's Dynasty

I haven't seen Westbrook do any of that over a full season as the main guy. The Bulls without Rose would be a bottom of the EC team/borderline playoff team. Westbrook is on a higher level than Deng, but Westbrook is not the main guy in OKC. He is a great second player to Durant. He benefits from playing alongside Durant.

netsgiantsyanks
actually minimal is actually pretty right on with his list for the exception of maybe the last 2. Simple question to all of the d rose lovers, how can you guys praise him for being so "great" and make him sound above all else if he's not even the best in his own position at pg?

oh ****. that was a good one.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I haven't seen Westbrook do any of that over a full season as the main guy. The Bulls without Rose would be a bottom of the EC team/borderline playoff team. Westbrook is on a higher level than Deng, but Westbrook is not the main guy in OKC. He is a great second player to Durant. He benefits from playing alongside Durant.

homer talk is irrelevant.. leep it moving

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM

I would like you to try and find anywhere on this site where I have stated we were going to win 72 games

hey at least I can actually go to games near where I live :laugh2:

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
no it was supposed to enlighten you. But obviously you are upset.

Better go get to to ur bullsform so they can cheer u up wih some rose videos for your lonely nights
Like I said before, I don't need enlightening from a guy with "brah" in his user name. And your comments have not upset me whatsoever. I would be foolish to even consider your opinions.

Lake_Show2416
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I picked Rose at the beginning of the year... Prove them all wrong Rose ..GET IT!!!

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I would like you to try and find anywhere on this site where I have stated we were going to win 72 games

Good one?

bovice163
01-30-2011, 02:17 PM
homer talk is irrelevant.. leep it moving

:facepalm:

When Westy leads the Thunder to a 50+ win season without having Durant for most of it as well, then come back and talk. Right now you sound like a douchebag whose panties are in a wad because Derrick Rose has a chance at MVP. Grow up buddy.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Like I said before, I don't need enlightening from a guy with "brah" in his user name. And your comments have not upset me whatsoever. I would be foolish to even consider your opinions.

k next time i make a forum screen name ill be sure to include a clever number like

24 7
birth yr?

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Your a lame Rose is better than your whole team of "stars" if this was the nfl you'd have two bengals WRs on you team

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:20 PM
k next time i make a forum screen name ill be sure to include a clever number like

24 7
birth yr?
You already have a number in your name. :facepalm:

BrahCake954
Your a lame Rose is better than your whole team of "stars" if this was the nfl you'd have two bengals WRs on you team

O GOD... the homers are HERE..

RUN

Mr.Chi-Town
954[/B];16519299]k next time i make a forum screen name ill be sure to include a clever number like

24 7
birth yr?

is that yours?

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
You already have a number in your name. :facepalm:

thank u for pointing that out. i was looking to go with a more common number as u can see in my last post.. obviously you are to slow to realize what i did there

netsgiantsyanks
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
lol. jokes

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:22 PM
O GOD... the homers are HERE..

RUN

Fine take often injured Wade and D bag me me me me me me first lebron I'll take Rose this makes me a homer how

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:23 PM
thank u for pointing that out. i was looking to go with a more common number as u can see in my last post.. obviously you are to slow to realize what i did there
This is the most pointless conversation I've ever had. IMO, you clearly have nothing to say in this thread worth any value so I'm done wasting my time.

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Rose is in the 9-12 range in my opinion. Is Rose better than Westbrook though? he certainly an mvp candidate though.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Fine take often injured Wade and D bag me me me me me me first lebron I'll take Rose this makes me a homer how

not that you will take rose but the fact that u said rose is better..
im owning these bulls fans right now..

how much more do u need to get treated?

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
This is the most pointless conversation I've ever had. IMO, you clearly have nothing to say in this thread worth any value so I'm done wasting my time.

in other words u cant handle it, u give up.

have a nice day

Hawkeye15

avenged24
justinnum1
97nyer
baller101200
superdude901
ovratd1up
footballer2369
dnewguy
mikantsass
daleja24
hawkeye15
khalifa21
thehoopsprophet

2 things here:

1- Making a thread like this, on preseason predictions, is totally pointless. Opinions are made on historical play, and Rose was not a top 15 player last year. Should we criticize everyone who didn't agree with the following:
-Cavs would be the worst team in the NBA minus LeBron
- Love would have a Moses Malone season
- Lakers would start to show their age
- Thunder have not improved
- etc, etc, etc

Trying to hold people to their word that made their prediction on Rose's past play is ridiculous. If that is the case then there are about 10 of you total who are eating, and will continue to eat crow until Love's career is over. See how that works? its not fair

2- Rose is having a good season. But he is still overrated by Bulls fans, and the general media seems to have joined them. How can a player get MVP when he isn't even the best at his own position, and may very well not make 1st team ALL NBA?

Rose may very well win it. The obviously flaws of the MVP award are there, so nothing would surprise me honestly. But don't try to act high and mighty on a subject that hasnt even played out yet. Rose does not deserve the MVP. No way. Will he get it? Maybe. Unworthy players have gotten it before.

bovice163

Lol dude, get a clue. You're arguing about numbers in your screen name for christs sake.

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
in other words u cant handle it, u give up.

have a nice day
Lmao. If that's what you need to tell yourself. :facepalm:

Hiphopopotamus
You guys are so played out. Rose is great. End of story. He may be MVP, maybe not. Doesn't matter. He is better then a lot of haters on PSD ever thought he would be. That is the real point if you thought he would never even be in the discussion for MVP you were wrong, now eat crow. If you thought he could be then you were right. I don't think there is anything to argue about anymore. This thread was looking back at the previous thread and is pointing out how wrong everyone was. It is essentially a baiting thread, albeit entertaining to watch. So I guess I'm for it.

yoseppii12
Anyone that thinks Rose isn't at least considered MVP they probably haven't watched Bulls games or SportsCenter for that matter. If you take most of your opinion without watching these players play and just used articles, forums, etc to come up with your opinions then you are doing a disservice to the players. I think Rose as of today right now with the Bulls at 33-14 (3rd in the league, 2nd in the East) is the MVP. Their team is a bunch of role players minus Boozer he's solid, but he was out for a decent amount of time including Western Conf Circus trips, Noah's been out and played injured, and Rose has easily hit the most qtr ending/game ending shots this year (idk for sure but at least top 3)

As for actually winning it, I don't think he will. It really depends on how much rest he can get over the next few weeks running into allstar break. I think what the FO, coach, team, city is asking of him is way to much and anyone that needs to take over 20-25 FGA a game on an offensive team like the Bulls is just asking for that player to get injured or burn his legs out. I think his production will drop while hes usage, FGAs, etc will remain constant unless we can bring in a solid starting SG that can take some of that workload off Rose.

BrahCake954
Lol dude, get a clue. You're arguing about numbers in your screen name for christs sake.

o god.. he said i have the word "brah" in my name??? so what?? its a freakin screen name. i told him i should be cool like him and put 365 or some other common number in my name next time. im not arguing about it u idiot, i just made him look stupid with his comment.

bovice163
01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
o god.. he said i have the word "brah" in my name??? so what?? its a freakin screen name. i told him i should be cool like him and put 365 or some other common number in my name next time. im not arguing about it u idiot, i just made him look stupid with his comment.

No, what's funny is that you can't even see the fact that you make yourself look stupid. Your opinions hold no weight, bring facts to the table instead of hater opinions. If you're trying to troll, you're really bad at it.

WadeCounty
2 things here:

1- Making a thread like this, on preseason predictions, is totally pointless. Opinions are made on historical play, and Rose was not a top 15 player last year. Should we criticize everyone who didn't agree with the following:
- etc, etc, etc

Trying to hold people to their word that made their prediction on Rose's past play is ridiculous. If that is the case then there are about 10 of you total who are eating, and will continue to eat crow until Love's career is over. See how that works? its not fair

2- Rose is having a good season. But he is still overrated by Bulls fans, and the general media seems to have joined them. How can a player get MVP when he isn't even the best at his own position, and may very well not make 1st team ALL NBA?

Rose may very well win it. The obviously flaws of the MVP award are there, so nothing would surprise me honestly. But don't try to act high and mighty on a subject that hasnt even played out yet. Rose does not deserve the MVP. No way. Will he get it? Maybe. Unworthy players have gotten it before.

^ what he said

Cubsfan365
LOL more people called you out for your comment, and literally no one said anything to me. What exactly have you said in this thread that is of any value or pertaining to the topic?

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:32 PM
No, what's funny is that you can't even see the fact that you make yourself look stupid. Your opinions hold no weight, bring facts to the table instead of hater opinions. If you're trying to troll, you're really bad at it.
then why is the whole bulls forum coming at me with irrelevant crap? Ur talking BS and not on the subject that rose is an espn hype machine, and not even the best PG in the L.. cleary u MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddd

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
2 things here:

- etc, etc, etc

How exactly can you say Rose doesn't deserve it at all when we are only halfway through the season?

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Rose is in the 9-12 range in my opinion. Is Rose better than Westbrook though? he certainly an mvp candidate though.

Coach K sure thought Rose was better than Westbrook but then again it's just Coach K what does he know he's just a Chicago homer who doesn't know basketball at all.

jaded01
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

last time i checked beating LA, Dallas (2), Boston, Miami, Orlando, and OKC, being undefeated in your division, and having the 3rd best record in the association would put you in the conversation, especially when you're second and third best players have 18 and 21 games respectively. But hey, logical conclusions from proven data must not be your forte

bovice163
then why is the whole bulls forum coming at me with irrelevant crap? Ur talking BS and not on the subject that rose is an espn hype machine, and not even the best PG in the L.. cleary u MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddd

It takes a lot more than a pre-pubescent child on the internet to get me mad. ;)

Durant was an ESPN hype machine last season, that still doesn't mean he's not a great player in the league.

Hawkeye15
why do some of you on PSD just brand someone a hater if they don't agree on the exact status you do regarding a team/player? Who the hell says Rose isn't a great player? But no, some of us think there are clearly players better. How is that hating? Because we don't agree with you?
I seriously think the average age here sometimes is around 15

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:35 PM

He just beat Wade in their little head to head match up and yeah I do think he is better sure Lebron puts up stats but when it counts he's a nobody just like A-Rod

swirl54
01-30-2011, 02:36 PM
last time i checked beating LA, Dallas (2), Boston, Miami, Orlando, and OKC, being undefeated in your division, and having the 3rd best record in the association would put you in the conversation, especially when you're second and third best players have 18 and 21 games respectively. But hey, logical conclusions from proven data must not be your forte

:clap:

Sox72
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM

24 7
birth yr?

Uhhh, I don't think anyone was making fun of the number in your name, Brah....

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Rose is certainly top 10 in the nba (I did lol at the poster who put a Rookie already in the top 10, he'll get there yes, but give it two seasons please). He has progressed every year, and going from Rookie of the Year, to All-Star, to All-Star starter is quite impressive and evident of his progress. Also being invited to play in Turkey. This kid has achieved a lot of accomplishments. He's put in the time and effort to improve himself. He's improved his three ball this year. Comparing his stats to the previous year, his numbers have gone up. Are they identical or better than the Chris Pauls, D Williams? No, probably not, but I'm sure he's close.

Now, he asked if he could be MVP. I don't see why not. His value to the Bulls is evident, and he's only missed one game this year, while carrying his team at times when Boozer and/or Noah were/are out. That's your 2nd option and maybe 3rd/4th most important player on your team (at least anchor). Also take into regard the amount of work he puts in, rise in his statistics, and you can maybe understand how valuable he is.

I'm not saying he's a shoe in for MVP, but he's in the question for a reason. It's not like all these people ("analysts", players etc) are Bulls fans. They obviously see something in him. To completely dismiss him among MVP talks would be unruly.

Look, I get it, people hate Chicago and Chicago Bulls fans, so they're going to continue to not give Rose credit. Understandable.

Just know your bias shows in every post

Or at least give some reasoning behind why you don't think he's MVP material.
Note: If you use advanced stats, please don't just post numbers, give an analysis of that number. Also take into account that statistics don't tell EVERYTHING. It's all a generality.

I do get a laugh that it's always the same posters coming into Bulls/Rose threads in the nba forum to get a word in on how they suck.

As one heat fan said, if they're hating on your team/player, your team/player is doing something right.

why do some of you on PSD just brand someone a hater if they don't agree on the exact status you do regarding a team/player? Who the hell says Rose isn't a great player? But no, some of us think there are clearly players better. How is that hating? Because we don't agree with you?
I seriously think the average age here sometimes is around 15
It's not the fact that they don't agree. More so the fact that it's
a. obvious there is bias
b. constant posts with borderline insults stating the same diatribe.

They don't have to agree, but some of the posts has little substance and is so bland/broad that it just comes off as hate.

Yes, it is obvious that the average PSD age is in the teens.

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM
2 things here:

- etc, etc, etc

It's not ridiculous when you watch someone play for 82 games a season, watch him carry a bulls team to the playoffs pretty much single handily for 2 years. tie a playoff record that was held by arguably a top 10 player of all time and against to do it against the defending champions that year. How about last year during the all star game when every other person in warm ups was taking full court shots and goofing around, rose was practicing his mid-range game. if you hear this guy speak, you knew he only cared about two things, working hard and winning.

and for your other things like predicting love's season and okc and so on..... I say don't make predictions unless you are pretty confident in those predictions. I dont make predictions on here unless I'm pretty damn confident that they will come true. I do my homework before saying someone is gonna suck, or win this or win that. and I know this is about rose, but about what you said about the lakers, dont worry about the lakers. ive seen this thing happen before with the bulls. the lakers will be there in finals again.

all people had to say was, great.... rose is confident, i like that attitude coming from my franchise player, but instead, they ridiculed him without even studying him first. like i said, dont go by stats, those can change at anytime and they aren't good for predicting the future always and for you to say rose doesn't deserve the mvp award right is off. lets see what other star players would do if their number 2 option went down for as many games or their best defender was lost for as many games as they haven't had them. but you think lebron deserves i even though they should be ahead of the bulls, but they aren't

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Uhhh, I don't think anyone was making fun of the number in your name, Brah....

just forget about it, ur too slow to understand what was going on.

bovice163
01-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Rose is certainly top 10 in the nba (I did lol at the poster who put a Rookie already in the top 10, he'll get there yes, but give it two seasons please). He has progressed every year, and going from Rookie of the Year, to All-Star, to All-Star starter is quite impressive and evident of his progress. Also being invited to play in Turkey. This kid has achieved a lot of accomplishments. He's put in the time and effort to improve himself. He's improved his three ball this year. Comparing his stats to the previous year, his numbers have gone up. Are they identical or better than the Chris Pauls, D Williams? No, probably not, but I'm sure he's close.

Now, he asked if he could be MVP. I don't see why not. His value to the Bulls is evident, and he's only missed one game this year, while carrying his team at times when Boozer and/or Noah were/are out. That's your 2nd option and maybe 3rd/4th most important player on your team (at least anchor). Also take into regard the amount of work he puts in, rise in his statistics, and you can maybe understand how valuable he is.

I'm not saying he's a shoe in for MVP, but he's in the question for a reason. It's not like all these people ("analysts", players etc) are Bulls fans. They obviously see something in him. To completely dismiss him among MVP talks would be unruly.

Look, I get it, people hate Chicago and Chicago Bulls fans, so they're going to continue to not give Rose credit. Understandable.

Just know your bias shows in every post

Or at least give some reasoning behind why you don't think he's MVP material.
Note: If you use advanced stats, please don't just post numbers, give an analysis of that number. Also take into account that statistics don't tell EVERYTHING. It's all a generality.

I do get a laugh that it's always the same posters coming into Bulls/Rose threads in the nba forum to get a word in on how they suck.

As one heat fan said, if they're hating on your team/player, your team/player is doing something right.
:clap: Couldn't have put it better.

bovice163
01-30-2011, 02:44 PM

Delete your account, please. You make yourself look more and more incompetent in each and every one of your posts.

USAF_AMMO
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
The biggest problem is that people are making the MVP race about who is a more skilled player. To me the award is about winning, supporting your team, and impact on your team.

With that in mind, look at some of the lineups that Rose has won with....

SG - Bogans is his starting of backcourt mate, enough said.

SF - Who I can't really say anything bad about, except that he is a bit overpaid.

PF - 50% of the time Taj Gibson as the starting PF (with Scalabrine coming off the bench).

C - For the last couple 1 1/2 months they have won with 40 year old Kurt Thomas and Omer Asik manning the middle.

Even with all the injuries the Bulls have the 2nd best record in the East, and Rose is the main reason why. Sure, there are other players in the league that put up better numbers, or are better true PG's. But, Rose contributes to wins as much or more than any player in the league today. Which makes him a logical MVP candidate in my opinion.

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
:( I thought we were cool man?

Rose wasn't on that level during that time which is why many felt he wasn't. It's no big deal, there was a lot of overration with Rose. I've always liked the guy since he came in the league, but that isn't going to make me overrate him. He wasn't top 15 at that time and there was no reason to believe he had a chance to win MVP. He wasn't top 3 in his position during that time, so there really isn't wrong with thinking he wouldn't win. He's come a long way though and has really made a leap of improvement seeing as how he has the Bulls with a really good record.

we are cool man, I didnt wanna play favorites though and leave some people off the list and I probably did cause I just skimmed real fast. its nothing personal avenge, I promise.

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Anyone that thinks Rose isn't at least considered MVP they probably haven't watched Bulls games or SportsCenter for that matter. If you take most of your opinion without watching these players play and just used articles, forums, etc to come up with your opinions then you are doing a disservice to the players. I think Rose as of today right now with the Bulls at 33-14 (3rd in the league, 2nd in the East) is the MVP. Their team is a bunch of role players minus Boozer he's solid, but he was out for a decent amount of time including Western Conf Circus trips, Noah's been out and played injured, and Rose has easily hit the most qtr ending/game ending shots this year (idk for sure but at least top 3)

As for actually winning it, I don't think he will. It really depends on how much rest he can get over the next few weeks running into allstar break. I think what the FO, coach, team, city is asking of him is way to much and anyone that needs to take over 20-25 FGA a game on an offensive team like the Bulls is just asking for that player to get injured or burn his legs out. I think his production will drop while hes usage, FGAs, etc will remain constant unless we can bring in a solid starting SG that can take some of that workload off Rose.

Rose is really really good but ...... Without Boozer the Bulls were average (with Noah). They started the season 13-10. Do you think it's coincidence that when Boozer came back the Bulls started to win more regularly? Rose should be in the conversation for MVP but thats about it.

Hawkeye15
It's not ridiculous when you watch someone play for 82 games a season, watch him carry a bulls team to the playoffs pretty much single handily for 2 years. tie a playoff record that was held by arguably a top 10 player of all time and against to do it against the defending champions that year. How about last year during the all star game when every other person in warm ups was taking full court shots and goofing around, rose was practicing his mid-range game. if you hear this guy speak, you knew he only cared about two things, working hard and winning.

and for your other things like predicting love's season and okc and so on..... I say don't make predictions unless you are pretty confident in those predictions. I dont make predictions on here unless I'm pretty damn confident that they will come true. I do my homework before saying someone is gonna suck, or win this or win that. and I know this is about rose, but about what you said about the lakers, dont worry about the lakers. ive seen this thing happen before with the bulls. the lakers will be there in finals again.

all people had to say was, great.... rose is confident, i like that attitude coming from my franchise player, but instead, they ridiculed him without even studying him first. like i said, dont go by stats, those can change at anytime and they aren't good for predicting the future always and for you to say rose doesn't deserve the mvp award right is off. lets see what other star players would do if their number 2 option went down for as many games or their best defender was lost for as many games as they haven't had them. but you think lebron deserves i even though they should be ahead of the bulls, but they aren't

don't get me wrong, nobody should have attacked Rose for his comments in the slightest. You WANT your players desiring to be the best.

And no, it is ridiculous to have a nanabooboo I told you so thread. Rose was NOT a top 15 player last year. So why would many who watch basketball think he would just leapfrog all those ahead of him?

Rose does not deserve it to date. And unless a few guys get hit by a car, he probably won't at the end of the year.

Sox72

Sorry, Brah.

1-800-STFU
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
these people are crazy.

It's where I go to get my daily dose of stupid in the mourning.

Sox72
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
don't get me wrong, nobody should have attacked Rose for his comments in the slightest. You WANT your players desiring to be the best.

And no, it is ridiculous to have a nanabooboo I told you so thread. Rose was NOT a top 15 player last year. So why would many who watch basketball think he would just leapfrog all those ahead of him?

Rose does not deserve it to date. And unless a few guys get hit by a car, he probably won't at the end of the year.

Rose does deserve it. He's not the only one that deserves it, but I find it hard to believe that he doesn't deserve the MVP award for what he's done and the team that he's on.

arosen36
01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
most valuable player and best player are completely different arguments, remember that as you fellas post

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
i find it funny that its just the bulls fans that are in here on the rose side.. pathetic.. it really is..

1-800-STFU
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Rose does deserve it. He's not the only one that deserves it, but I find it hard to believe that he doesn't deserve the MVP award for what he's done and the team that he's on.

Rose's efficiency numbers blow. That's in part him HAVING to take a bunch of shots due to his supporting cast being injured/terrible but I'm just saying what alot of people are arguing.

He hasn't been an efficient player. Still doesn't mean he isn't amazing though.

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM

this post just made me laugh.

bovice163
01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
i find it funny that its just the bulls fans that are in here on the rose side.. pathetic.. it really is..

Check again buddy. What's pathetic is you're still here AND you haven't responded to any of my posts. Where is all of that ownage you were handing out? :laugh:

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 02:52 PM

yes, but so wasn't lebron at one point in his career or kobe, but you knew it was coming, it was only a matter of time. I knew it was, I mean if you wanted to do the work and go back to around the time I joined this site, I said rose would be a top 3 pg in 3 years and the best pg by year 4-5. dont take it personal hawkeye, I mean I wasnt singling just you out. I know I missed a couple names cause i just skimmed, but I just want people to do their homework before trying to predict the future.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 02:54 PM

a better case can be made for a handful of players. By that reasoning, Rose doesn't deserve it.
But as I said earlier, there are a number of MVP winners who didn't deserve it the year they got it.

Cubsfan365
01-30-2011, 02:54 PM
You must not have read through the thread then.

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 02:55 PM

:clap:

pot.kettle.black

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 02:57 PM
yes, but so wasn't lebron at one point in his career or kobe, but you knew it was coming, it was only a matter of time. I knew it was, I mean if you wanted to do the work and go back to around the time I joined this site, I said rose would be a top 3 pg in 3 years and the best pg by year 4-5. dont take it personal hawkeye, I mean I wasnt singling just you out. I know I missed a couple names cause i just skimmed, but I just want people to do their homework before trying to predict the future.

I don't disagree with the notion Rose was going to be a top player at some point. Still don't. But LeBron, Dwight, Durant, are all young and much better. So it will still be a while.

I know you weren't singling me out man. I simply just don't like when people pull up a comment (and not even a bad one) from a preseason thread, and try and throw it in your face. I would hope you know I take my evaluations seriously, and don't just throw blind statements out there. I based my opinion off historical data and trends, as well as the fact that it appeared by season's end, the Bulls would be fighting for the 4th seed. And I don't think a guy who isn't the best player at his position should win MVP.

Kashmir13579
01-30-2011, 02:58 PM

avenged24
justinnum1
97nyer
baller101200
superdude901
ovratd1up
footballer2369
dnewguy
mikantsass
daleja24
hawkeye15
khalifa21
thehoopsprophet

i never thought he had zero chance. i still don't think he gets it, though. (or i don't think he SHOULD get it)

if the MVP was legit, Chris Paul would get it no questions asked.

Sox72
01-30-2011, 03:00 PM

You don't see any irony in your own post, Brah?

arosen36
01-30-2011, 03:00 PM
i never thought he had zero chance. i still don't think he gets it, though. (or i don't think he SHOULD get it)

they should give it to anderson varejao now that were not asking any questions

D Roses Bulls
01-30-2011, 03:01 PM

maybe you did, but you weren't in the thread saying it, well from what i skimmed through. every all star has a punchers chance of at least getting it. not saying he will, but he could and right now according to the writers who vote for the award is the number one candidate for it.

Kashmir13579

bro, nobody but Bulls fans thinks Rose will ever be in the same category as Lebron, Kobe, or Michael. or even have the same player arc. it just is. Isiah Thomas is more like it.

chicago lulz

Are you sick in the head? How is it pathetic to stick up for your number one option on the team you watch? I would see that as loyalty. I find it pathetic that someone has to come in here and bash bulls fans for sticking up for their player.

I get that your a troll, and I'll give you a 2/10 for efforts.

Sox72
01-30-2011, 03:02 PM
a better case can be made for a handful of players. By that reasoning, Rose doesn't deserve it.
But as I said earlier, there are a number of MVP winners who didn't deserve it the year they got it.

This sounds like a preemptive argument. Sounds like you think he has a chance.

Kashmir13579
maybe you did, but you weren't in the thread saying it, well from what i skimmed through. every all star has a punchers chance of at least getting it. not saying he will, but he could and right now according to the writers who vote for the award is the number one candidate for it.

yeah cause he's doing some serious work in the east right now with an injured team. he most certainly has a case for MVP right now.

arosen36
bro, nobody but Bulls fans thinks Rose will ever be in the same category as Lebron, Kobe, or Michael. or even have the same player arc. it just is. Isiah Thomas is more like it.

who thinks that lebron is in the same category as m.j.?:facepalm:

Hustlenomics

what's your top 5 MVP list of the season?

Kashmir13579
01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
who thinks that lebron is in the same category as m.j.?:facepalm:

Lebron came into the NBA and everyone likened him to M.J. his statline is also closer to M.J.'s than any other player. i hate lebron so don't sidetrack the thread and nitpick my post like that. you should know what i was trying to say.

arosen36
01-30-2011, 03:05 PM
what's your top 5 MVP list of the season?

right now
1. Rose
2. Amare
3. Ginobili
4. Dirk
5. Durant

Hiphopopotamus
01-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't disagree with the notion Rose was going to be a top player at some point. Still don't. But LeBron, Dwight, Durant, are all young and much better. So it will still be a while.

I know you weren't singling me out man. I simply just don't like when people pull up a comment (and not even a bad one) from a preseason thread, and try and throw it in your face. I would hope you know I take my evaluations seriously, and don't just throw blind statements out there. I based my opinion off historical data and trends, as well as the fact that it appeared by season's end, the Bulls would be fighting for the 4th seed. And I don't think a guy who isn't the best player at his position should win MVP.

But that happens though. I mean KG won MVP and you can make a strong argument that Duncan was the better PF. The real problem as we all know is the lack of definition. IF it was best player sure then you are right. But if it is most important player to his team....then Rose is right there.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 03:07 PM
This sounds like a preemptive argument. Sounds like you think he has a chance.

read my original post here a few pages back. Of course he has a chance. Does he deserve it? Not as of now, no way. Have unworthy players gotten it before? Oh yeah. Rose is an all star on a really good team. That automatically gives you a chance. But I personally feel there are a number of players better who also reside on good teams.

Hiphopopotamus
01-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Top 5 for MVP: Rose, LBJ, Howard, Paul, some twist of Amare/Manu/Dirk

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 03:10 PM
But that happens though. I mean KG won MVP and you can make a strong argument that Duncan was the better PF. The real problem as we all know is the lack of definition. IF it was best player sure then you are right. But if it is most important player to his team....then Rose is right there.

not that season. I won't go off a tangent regarding that, but if Paul gets the Hornets to 50 wins, I don't see how Rose can win it over him unless the Bulls go on some historical run to finish the season and Rose's efficiency skyrockets.

And the second part of your statement is kinda true. Nobody has a clear definition of what an MVP is anyways

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Are you sick in the head? How is it pathetic to stick up for your number one option on the team you watch? I would see that as loyalty. I find it pathetic that someone has to come in here and bash bulls fans for sticking up for their player.

I get that your a troll, and I'll give you a 2/10 for efforts.

"sticking up for their player"? coming into a forum, claiming someone is the best player when he isnt, then bashing other posters who dont want to talk about the same thing, EVERY DAY, is not what i'd call "sticking up" for anything. its called being a fan boy. i will continue to go out of my way to point out the absurdity of the derrick rose obsession on this site.

i mean, this is literally a derrick rose thread, ABOUT A DERRICK ROSE THREAD! CMON GUYS! :facepalm:

Minimal
01-30-2011, 03:15 PM
right now
1. Rose
2. Amare
3. Ginobili
4. Dirk
5. Durant
Add Monta Ellis to that list

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
right now
1. Rose
2. Amare
3. Ginobili
4. Dirk
5. Durant

im pretty sure this list is awful. No Chris Paul? No Lebron? in the top 5??? Amare? Arent the knicks now 24-22???? Amare was the early season mvp but he's falling off for his teams lack of sucess. Like i've said before, it can be argued that westbrook is having as good a season if not better than Rose is.

sargon21
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM

okay now this is scary. nice prediction :speechless:

haha thanks man, got it right on the dot lol

Bullsfan22
01-30-2011, 03:18 PM
He's 22 years old i'm done talking about Rose being the mvp and how he's going to project because nobody knows. He has gone through a tough stretch stats wise due to playing through injuries. I'm content on having a great up and coming star on my team. Anyways It seems like a small amount posters on here like to say every negative thing they can about Rose just because they dislike Bulls fans so it's hard to take this forum seriously.

arosen36
01-30-2011, 03:19 PM
im pretty sure this list is awful. No Chris Paul? No Lebron? in the top 5??? Amare? Arent the knicks now 24-22???? Amare was the early season mvp but he's falling off for his teams lack of sucess. Like i've said before, it can be argued that westbrook is having as good a season if not better than Rose is.

to me lebron can never be considered for the rest of his career unless wade gets hurt, did scottie pippen ever win mvp? paul probably should be on there, put him in front of durant

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 03:20 PM
not that season. I won't go off a tangent regarding that, but if Paul gets the Hornets to 50 wins, I don't see how Rose can win it over him unless the Bulls go on some historical run to finish the season and Rose's efficiency skyrockets.

And the second part of your statement is kinda true. Nobody has a clear definition of what an MVP is anyways

What would a historical run be? 50 wins as well or more? I'm not sure which stat shows efficiency (new to the advanced stat thing), but his numbers aren't too far off from C. Paul. I'm not saying C Paul shouldn't be MVP. There is no doubt the value Paul has on that team, but I haven't watched many NO games so I can't judge. I just don't get how Rose isn't deserving if he won MVP when there is no clear cut definition of what it is and how one is judged.

Baller1
01-30-2011, 03:21 PM
We have to do this everyday, don't we?

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 03:24 PM
"sticking up for their player"? coming into a forum, claiming someone is the best player when he isnt, then bashing other posters who dont want to talk about the same thing, EVERY DAY, is not what i'd call "sticking up" for anything. its called being a fan boy. i will continue to go out of my way to point out the absurdity of the derrick rose obsession on this site.

i mean, this is literally a derrick rose thread, ABOUT A DERRICK ROSE THREAD! CMON GUYS! :facepalm:

I've only seen two threads as of recent regarding the Bulls/Rose (as opposed to the millions of Melo threads). What exactly gave you the notion that the original poster is a Bulls fan. I'm not saying he's right in creating the same thread. He could have just bumped the old one.

I think the derrick rose obsession goes both ways, bulls and non-bulls fan. Obsessed with praising him or hating him. If people are so sick of these threads, then ignore them, and maybe people will stop making them. But no, they HAVE to respond to make sure that OP knows he's wrong.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
What would a historical run be? 50 wins as well or more? I'm not sure which stat shows efficiency (new to the advanced stat thing), but his numbers aren't too far off from C. Paul. I'm not saying C Paul shouldn't be MVP. There is no doubt the value Paul has on that team, but I haven't watched many NO games so I can't judge. I just don't get how Rose isn't deserving if he won MVP when there is no clear cut definition of what it is and how one is judged.

there is a large gap in efficiency between Paul and Rose.

sargon21
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM

As long as the Bulls keep winning, "efficiency" won't stop Rose from getting it, no matter how much you'd like that to be the case.

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Ok, again I don't know how one measures efficiency. What should I be looking at stat wise and such. Is there one stat that shows this or is it a mixture?

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I've only seen two threads as of recent regarding the Bulls/Rose (as opposed to the millions of Melo threads). What exactly gave you the notion that the original poster is a Bulls fan. I'm not saying he's right in creating the same thread. He could have just bumped the old one.

I think the derrick rose obsession goes both ways, bulls and non-bulls fan. Obsessed with praising him or hating him. If people are so sick of these threads, then ignore them, and maybe people will stop making them. But no, they HAVE to respond to make sure that OP knows he's wrong.

maybe. i personally like derrick rose and his game but he is not the epicenter of the nba universe. debates in this forum boil down to Rose vs (insert) at a scary rate. i could point out one thread a day where this happens, and probably a lot more.

i come here to talk about all of basketball, not one guy and his quest to get recognized as a top tier star.

NYK|NYY
01-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I think Rose should be MVP. Don't think Lebron should be in the top 3 since his team has two great players, how 'valuable' can you be. (Fully expecting to be blasted for that comment)

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Ok, again I don't know how one measures efficiency. What should I be looking at stat wise and such. Is there one stat that shows this or is it a mixture?

check out this link, there is also a page describing how these metrics are created/what they are taking into account. it's very interesting stuff.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10NOH1.HTM

Gators123
01-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Chris Paul 2010-11 25 48 1690 25.7 .610 .530 1.4 12.1 6.9 47.6 4.0 0.1 15.0 21.4 125 99 6.4 3.4 9.8 0.280
2 Derrick Rose 2010-11 22 46 1745 22.9 .536 .482 3.3 10.4 7.0 40.3 1.4 1.4 13.2 31.5 110 102 4.0 2.9 6.9 0.189

sargon21
01-30-2011, 03:35 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rosede01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html

TS%, AST%, TOV%, are all big ones

Sixerlover
01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
It's either Rose, James or Paul so to say he has no chance is laughable.

J-Relo
01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I think Rose should be MVP. Don't think Lebron should be in the top 3 since his team has two great players, how 'valuable' can you be. (Fully expecting to be blasted for that comment)

of course you are expecting cause you make no point

sargon21
01-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Chris Paul 2010-11 25 48 1690 25.7 .610 .530 1.4 12.1 6.9 47.6 4.0 0.1 15.0 21.4 125 99 6.4 3.4 9.8 0.280
2 Derrick Rose 2010-11 22 46 1745 22.9 .536 .482 3.3 10.4 7.0 40.3 1.4 1.4 13.2 31.5 110 102 4.0 2.9 6.9 0.189

It's interesting how Rose has a much higher USG% than Paul, but a lower TOV%, but then Paul has a much higher AST%... interesting

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 03:38 PM
maybe. i personally like derrick rose and his game but he is not the epicenter of the nba universe. debates in this forum boil down to Rose vs (insert) at a scary rate. i could point out one thread a day where this happens, and probably a lot more.

i come here to talk about all of basketball, not one guy and his quest to get recognized as a top tier star.

I agree. He is not the epicenter of the nba universe. He is not the best in the league. And the whole Rose vs. _______ is so annoying. There are Bulls fans who will turn a thread into Rose vs. ______, just as there are other fans who will do the same. I hate it all just as much as you do. The only reason I come to this forum, because it's the only or one of the few forums where you can discuss in-depth basketball (and the people in the Bulls forum are funny, entertaining, insightful at times). It is a shame that discussions always go off on tangents, and I don't know if that's to blame age, trolls, personalities of basketball fans. Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this because it seems like we're on the same page.

check out this link, there is also a page describing how these metrics are created/what they are taking into account. it's very interesting stuff.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10NOH1.HTM

Thanks. I'll look into this. My old soul has made me stubborn in understanding advanced stats. Maybe that will change :D

NYK|NYY

So Lebron doesn't take a hit for having great teammates? That doesn't matter anymore?

sargon21

he clearly made a point, learn how to read

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 03:39 PM

Didn't we beat you guys?

Baller1
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I agree. He is not the epicenter of the nba universe. He is not the best in the league. And the whole Rose vs. _______ is so annoying. There are Bulls fans who will turn a thread into Rose vs. ______, just as there are other fans who will do the same. I hate it all just as much as you do. The only reason I come to this forum, because it's the only or one of the few forums where you can discuss in-depth basketball (and the people in the Bulls forum are funny, entertaining, insightful at times). It is a shame that discussions always go off on tangents, and I don't know if that's to blame age, trolls, personalities of basketball fans. Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this because it seems like we're on the same page.

Thanks. I'll look into this. My old soul has made me stubborn in understanding advanced stats. Maybe that will change :D

You won't regret it. For those who can comprehend the stats (they're complicated, but not too bad), they're a great tool.

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:43 PM

no problem. they come with their own set of deficiencies but you get to see a lot more of the game and how guys contribute through those.

the ironic thing is that rose's jump/mvp candidacy is a pretty big story this year...but it just gets beaten to death around here.

AIRMAR72
01-30-2011, 03:44 PM
the problem is theres just too many good PG and players in da league in this era if it was7-10yrs ago his chance wouldve been greater but these days is too much compition for da MVP

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah, looking at Rose and Paul next to each other in advanced stats kind of puts into perspective how awesome Paul really is. They are equal rebounders and turn the ball over at the same rate, but Paul does more in less possessions, and is more efficient in every way. Look at his offensive rating. 125? That is ********.

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Didn't we beat you guys?

so did memphis, obviously rudy gay should be the MVP :rolleyes:

chicago lulz
01-30-2011, 03:47 PM
no problem. they come with their own set of deficiencies but you get to see a lot more of the game and how guys contribute through those.

the ironic thing is that rose's jump/mvp candidacy is a pretty big story this year...but it just gets beaten to death around here.

No doubt, I believe there is a MVP thread stickied for a reason.

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 03:47 PM

D rose is the MVP hater and he is a top 10 player too... His team should not have a better record them Miami right now especially when he hasn't had Noah or boozer for the whole year!
Lebron ain't winning **** this year especially since i don't see the heat getting that first seed this year

thekmp211
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
yeah, looking at Rose and Paul next to each other in advanced stats kind of puts into perspective how awesome Paul really is. They are equal rebounders and turn the ball over at the same rate, but Paul does more in less possessions, and is more efficient in every way. Look at his offensive rating. 125? That is ********.

he is having an absolutely amazing year, and it sucks because i've barely watched him play. pretty much the definition of a "pure point guard".

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
oops

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 03:52 PM

How can u say he's not when he is the leading scorer at that position, top 10 in assists, #4 in rebounding, #1 blocks, and he beat ur precious Wade heads up?

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Didn't we beat you guys?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

cubsfreak19
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
D Rose is the MVP so far!!! All You fair weather Heat fans just are hating on him cause he didn't want your boys LBJ or Wade... also the Bulls are second in the east.. while Missing Noah or Boozer the entire year basically.. those two weren't on the court together much at all.. thats why all you FAIR WEATHER Heat fans love hating on D Rose and are saying He is not a top 10 player.. D Rose is better than Williams and Chris Paul.. yeah i said it..

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't think Rose will win it, he too young. Kinda like when Chris Paul got screwed a couple years back. I think he may be the most improved, he is a MVP candidate, and on his way to be a superstar, but won't win it.

What the hell does age have to do with anything?
Lebrons won it at 24 your point is??? Exactly rose is the MVP!

cubsfreak19
01-30-2011, 03:57 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Who won that game... you guys are supposed to be stacked but when your boy LBJ is out.. what happens?? We were missing Noah.. not like we were at full strength.. Noah is one of the best posts and most under rated players in the NBA NOAH >>>>>>>> BOSH

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 03:59 PM

What have you owned? You sound like a fool, he is widely considered an MVP candidate, thats why this thread was brought back out, to show all the people who talked **** that they were wrong. The only problem is you are too ignorant to realize it. I suppose u are going to tell me Barkley has no clue what he's talking about either, because he is very vocal about D Rose being the best PG in the game and a candidate. I think what u are upset about is it's not someone from your team we are talking about so you have to call us homers and knock our opinions when yours means ****!

tbone2171
01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Overrated

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 04:02 PM

What the hell? Ur a joke how did he not deserve it rondo averages what 9-12-3 gtfo lol rose is superior to rondo u heat fans are such haters to everyone especially rose Kobe and durant since those r the only guys that are threats to ur prince and wade

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 04:03 PM
How can u say he's not when he is the leading scorer at that position, top 10 in assists, #4 in rebounding, #1 blocks, and he beat ur precious Wade heads up?

so your telling me he's better than both chris paul and deron williams? and your claiming 1 head to head where lebron wasn't playing and chris bosh was injured for the fourth?

Cubs Win
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Good to see the haters out in full force. :laugh:

marlinsfan24
01-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Didn't we beat you guys?

Bulls fans keep saying "we've played the whole season without our 2nd and 3rd best players" and excuses such as that, but Heat fans can't say we lost to the Bulls because we were without 2 of our top 5 players and our 3rd best player missed the 4th yet we still only lost by 3.

And for the record, Rose would be my MVP right now. So don't go labeling me as a "hater"

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
What the hell? Ur a joke how did he not deserve it rondo averages what 9-12-3 gtfo lol rose is superior to rose u heat fans are such haters to everyone especially rose Kobe and durant since those r the only guys that are threats to ur prince and wade

only rose can out do rose in your eyes huh?:eyebrow: my friend, your the joke :)

TO to the CHI
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry but i'm not the one that is what their city they live in is called

I'm not even a lebron fan and wade this year shouldn't even be mentioned in mvp talks the way his Pre-Madonna self has been making any excuse just to sit out games. Before we had lebron he would play through the pain or w-e the case may be but now all I ever hear is wade is a game time decision

I had no idea that Wade ever dated Madonna and that it affected his game. All this time, I thought the guys in Miami kind of acted like primadonnas, but I had no idea that Wade's issues were related to a blonde pop star.

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

Have u noticed it's not only Bulls fans telling u that you are wrong?

shizzle09
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Who won that game... you guys are supposed to be stacked but when your boy LBJ is out.. what happens?? We were missing Noah.. not like we were at full strength.. Noah is one of the best posts and most under rated players in the NBA NOAH >>>>>>>> BOSH

It's funny that the two of you take the time to post something about a regular season game in a thread about D Rose being MVP. You're right neither team was healthy. The game was played in your building and you won by a basket. Congrats on winning a game. TO sit here and use it in posts in this thread is moronic and pure homerism.

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
2 things here:

- etc, etc, etc

Look at their record exactly bulls>heat!!
Come on hawkeye it's not always gonna revolve around Lebron like u make it seem!

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Add Monta Ellis to that list

Monta but no Kobe wade Lebron or rose lol

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:14 PM

There is a gap in wins too

cubsfreak19
01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
It's funny that the two of you take the time to post something about a regular season game in a thread about D Rose being MVP. You're right neither team was healthy. The game was played in your building and you won by a basket. Congrats on winning a game. TO sit here and use it in posts in this thread is moronic and pure homerism.

Okay well three of your fav teams are from cal.. one is from florida.. its quite apparent you are a fair weather fan.. lol

koreancabbage
01-30-2011, 04:19 PM

what?

everyone knows Chris Paul runs a better basketball team than Rose.
Rose is the better scorer however.

i think with Paul can do more with less ala Steve Nash can

TO to the CHI
01-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Okay well three of your fav teams are from cal.. one is from florida.. its quite apparent you are a fair weather fan.. lol

I don't disagree with your comment, but it seems ironic when made by a person who has several Chicago teams as his favorites, but then throws in a couple of Minnesota teams.

Kettle, pot, and all that.

kobe24>lebron23
01-30-2011, 04:21 PM
only rose can out do rose in your eyes huh?:eyebrow: my friend, your the joke :)

It's called using an iPhone where alot of times the ****en dictionary corrects u or maybe I was just typing too fast

mlb_l0y4l_508
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
that boy D-Rose could DEF. be an MVP at least put him in the discussion dont disrespect the kid. I also like Kevin Durant very much.. their drive and will to win carries the bulls & thunder every time they hit the court. But i am biased against A-type players. its all about the underdogs.. mlb_l0y4l_508 would like to see D-Rose as MVP.

cubsfreak19
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't disagree with your comment, but it seems ironic when made by a person who has several Chicago teams as his favorites, but then throws in a couple of Minnesota teams.

Kettle, pot, and all that.

From Minnesota.. moved to Chicago when i was 13... never was a huge basketball/baseball fan while i was there.. dad was a die hard Vikings fan.. season tickets and all.. but didn't like basketball or baseball.. so when i came to Chicago.. Bulls..Hawks..Cubs...

anything else?

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
so did memphis, obviously rudy gay should be the MVP :rolleyes:

Did he beat Boston, LA, and Orlando without one of his best players too and go 24-6 in the last 30 games? It's just amazing to me how the 3 queens still get so much credit when they were supposed to start winning while playing together and Derrick Rose (Who has a better record then the queens and didn't need to blow them to get them on his team) was supposed to be on a good team but not the #2 seed especially with big bad Miami, and Orlando out there. 3 players who u all say are better than D Rose on them all with worse records. It just amazes me how blinded some of you are by ur own ignorance. Dwight puts up 40/15 the other day and gets a bunch of hype in a loss but nobody talks about how D Rose had 22/12/6 while playing with stomach ulcers. Meanwhile D Wade is sitting out with a boo boo on his wrist, and Bosh doesn't like people hustling for balls or playing hard, but Miami is still the team to beat.

JordansBulls
01-30-2011, 04:25 PM
2 things here:

- etc, etc, etc

I don't mind Rose not winning it, but like I mentioned before Steve Nash won two MVP's and he didn't even lead his team in either scoring, Win Shares or PER in either year.

marlinsfan24
01-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Did he beat Boston, LA, and Orlando without one of his best players too and go 24-6 in the last 30 games? It's just amazing to me how the 3 queens still get so much credit when they were supposed to start winning while playing together and Derrick Rose (Who has a better record then the queens and didn't need to blow them to get them on his team) was supposed to be on a good team but not the #2 seed especially with big bad Miami, and Orlando out there. 3 players who u all say are better than D Rose on them all with worse records. It just amazes me how blinded some of you are by ur own ignorance. Dwight puts up 40/15 the other day and gets a bunch of hype in a loss but nobody talks about how D Rose had 22/12/6 while playing with stomach ulcers. Meanwhile D Wade is sitting out with a boo boo on his wrist, and Bosh doesn't like people hustling for balls or playing hard, but Miami is still the team to beat.

WOW! You're officially as bad as anyone in this thread that says Rose has no shot of winning MVP.

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:28 PM
so your telling me he's better than both chris paul and deron williams? and your claiming 1 head to head where lebron wasn't playing and chris bosh was injured for the fourth?

Yes, and u still had D Wade who u claim to be better than Rose. Didn't it turn into a shoot out between those 2 in the 4th quarter? Who won? D Wade is SOOOOOOOOOO CLUTCH

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Bulls fans keep saying "we've played the whole season without our 2nd and 3rd best players" and excuses such as that, but Heat fans can't say we lost to the Bulls because we were without 2 of our top 5 players and our 3rd best player missed the 4th yet we still only lost by 3.

And for the record, Rose would be my MVP right now. So don't go labeling me as a "hater"

We didnt have our best defender and 3rd best player. "Don't dive for balls Asik, u might hurt my knee bro."

Cubs Win
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I think this is pretty simple. People are reacting as if Rose said, "I will be the MVP." He didn't say that. "Why can't I be MVP?" implies that he will have a chance at MVP. He certainly does have a chance at MVP this year. Anyone saying otherwise is simply fooling themselves.

jmcelligott92
01-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, and u still had D Wade who u claim to be better than Rose. Didn't it turn into a shoot out between those 2 in the 4th quarter? Who won? D Wade is SOOOOOOOOOO CLUTCH

Can you two idiots please stop

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:35 PM
WOW! You're officially as bad as anyone in this thread that says Rose has no shot of winning MVP.

And ur reasoning would be? Because everything I posted was true

TO to the CHI
01-30-2011, 04:37 PM
From Minnesota.. moved to Chicago when i was 13... never was a huge basketball/baseball fan while i was there.. dad was a die hard Vikings fan.. season tickets and all.. but didn't like basketball or baseball.. so when i came to Chicago.. Bulls..Hawks..Cubs...

anything else?

You don't need to justify it to me. I don't care. But why call out the other poster for being a Heat fan and having three teams in Cali. His sig also notes that he likes Rice and Mourning indicating he is a long-time fan. It just seems weird that you would call him out for something when you have the same issue in your signature.

And btw, you don't like baseball but manage to have two baseball teams from different citites in your sig. I would just suggest not mocking others for that in the future.

WadeCounty
01-30-2011, 04:39 PM

because if I recall it wasn't kyle korver 3 that put the bulls over the heat that game? :rolleyes: are you honestly saying that rose is better than wade?

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Can you two idiots please stop

Why am I an idiot? For defending my favorite player on my favorite team against all the D bags out there who refuse to give him the credit he deserves? At no point did I ever say he will win the MVP, but it's ******** for people to come on here and say he shouldn't be in the conversation or he's not a top 10 player. The proof is in the pudding, he is the best player on the second best team in the East right now. Behind a team with atleast 4 future hall of famers on it and prob the best front court in basketball. I'm just sick of all the credit D Wade, LBJ, Westbrook, and Durant get when they are playing together. They were supposed to dominate. D Rose has elevated his game to an elite level and people should acknowledge that.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 04:41 PM

wins are a team thing. And if Paul gets the Hornets to 50 wins with that talent level, his dominance in efficiency and overall play puts him ahead of Rose.

RIPSweetness34
01-30-2011, 04:42 PM
because if I recall it wasn't kyle korver 3 that put the bulls over the heat that game? :rolleyes: are you honestly saying that rose is better than wade?

At this point in his career, Rose is definately better than Wade was and has accomplished quite a bit more.

Hustlenomics
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
some of you Bulls fans are unbearable