PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph...all star?

Joshtd1
01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Zach Randolph is putting up a quiet 20 PPG and 13 RPG avg this year, along with the Grizzlies being a .500 team (24-24 after tonights win).

Love and Griffin and Dirk are getting all the hype/talk about being an all-star..but do you think he deserves or has a chance at being an all-star this year?

MrfadeawayJB
01-30-2011, 12:25 AM
I hope he is at least in the allstar conversation

droalex
01-30-2011, 12:27 AM
If he was on the east he would. Too many people ahead of him in the west.

mzgrizz
01-30-2011, 12:37 AM
He has earned it again; 24 and 20 tonight. He brings it EVERY night and gets very little at the line. Come on and give it up for Zach!

tbone2171
01-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Only if K Love makes it too

knicks4life33
01-30-2011, 01:08 AM
he is deserving but wut screws him is that his competition in the west is so good . if he were in the east he is a def allstar

superkegger
01-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Joshy, put up a poll you slouch.

And I think Zbo deserves some recognition. I don't think he'll get the nod though, basically because of his history. He's played great no doubt, but stigma's go a long way in this league, and for that reason, he'll just be a snub we'll quickly forget about because of stigma.

goblazers7
01-30-2011, 01:40 AM
He should, but then again if he makes it Rudy gay should too.

drobe86
01-30-2011, 01:46 AM
ZBO is an Elite PF in this league... He isn't as athletic as the others and doesn't quite get the recognition... But outside of Amare and Dirk, ZBo is in line as the 3rd best PF in this league.....

PrettyBoyJ
01-30-2011, 01:59 AM
He's got the numbers, but I think a few players will beat him out and if it where down to a last pick I would pick LaMarcus Aldrige over him cuz he's carrying the Blazers

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 02:12 AM
advanced stats please?

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 02:13 AM
ZBO is an Elite PF in this league... He isn't as athletic as the others and doesn't quite get the recognition... But outside of Amare and Dirk, ZBo is in line as the 3rd best PF in this league.....

he is not even top 10

valade16
01-30-2011, 02:16 AM

:confused:

Maybe in the D league

drobe86
01-30-2011, 02:19 AM
:confused:

Maybe in the D league

Just a watch a game young man... Zbo is extremely skilled... He can shoot out to 18 feet.. He bangs down low in the paint, He hits free throws, He Zebounds... Dudes extremely underrated

valade16
01-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Just a watch a game young man... Zbo is extremely skilled... He can shoot out to 18 feet.. He bangs down low in the paint, He hits free throws, He Zebounds... Dudes extremely underrated

Being a Blazer fan I'd bet money I've seen far more of his games than you...

He is a blackhole on offense, I don't think he has every once passed the ball. Amd his 18 foot J is good for a PF but it's far from reliable. And he literally couldn't care less about defense.

His skills are impressive, how he utilizes them is not.

Enjoy the Show
01-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Being a Blazer fan I'd bet money I've seen far more of his games than you...

He is a blackhole on offense, I don't think he has every once passed the ball. Amd his 18 foot J is good for a PF but it's far from reliable. And he literally couldn't care less about defense.

His skills are impressive, how he utilizes them is not.

You probably haven't watched a game since he's been in Portland...His +/- has been much better this year than in pasts, he shoots a high percentage and he moves the ball a lot more. The guy seems to be focused on leading a team to the playoffs. You should watch the new Zach if you get a chance because he's not the same as he was earlier in his career.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 03:00 AM
You probably haven't watched a game since he's been in Portland...His +/- has been much better this year than in pasts, he shoots a high percentage and he moves the ball a lot more. The guy seems to be focused on leading a team to the playoffs. You should watch the new Zach if you get a chance because he's not the same as he was earlier in his career.

is he being investigated bout selling drugs?

Yep he is changed.....

Iverson3018
01-30-2011, 03:19 AM
he is not even top 10

:facepalm::crazy:

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 03:29 AM
:facepalm::crazy:

Pau and Dirk

Bosh, Stou, Duncan

Kg, Boozer, Love, Griffin, odom, bargnani.

those are CLEARLY better.

Joshtd1
01-30-2011, 04:03 AM
^^ Eh..Odom is skilled, but too inconsistant in my opinion.

Not sure about Barg either

kblo247
01-30-2011, 05:05 AM
^^ Eh..Odom is skilled, but too inconsistant in my opinion.

Not sure about Barg either

Odom has been more consistent than Pau this year and LA's best big overall. Team USA did wonders for him, but I know that he earned that assumption of inconsistency from years past :laugh2:

Saying Bargs is better is a joke though as Z-bo is putting in work and has been carrying Marc's lazy *** along for the ride for most of the season

John Walls Era
01-30-2011, 05:09 AM

No way. 3rd best? I rather have a watered down Tim Duncan and KG, Chris Bosh (who knows the about team concept and not just pass because he wants assists), Pau Gasol (no comment needed), Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Love, Griffin, Odom and Boozer. Theres probably a few more too.

I agree with Crooner 100%.

alencp3
01-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Nah West is too stacked
He deserves it too

If Melo leaves before the all star there is slide chance that he or LA makes it

Joshtd1
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Odom has been more consistent than Pau this year and LA's best big overall. Team USA did wonders for him, but I know that he earned that assumption of inconsistency from years past :laugh2:

Saying Bargs is better is a joke though as Z-bo is putting in work and has been carrying Marc's lazy *** along for the ride for most of the season

Well the thing about Odom (always was a fan of his in the past because he's a do it all sort of guy, hate him now since hes in LA ;) ) is he could be that guy who coulda been an elite PF. Always just seemed content though.

Wouldnt say he is as good as a scorer as Z-Bo, and maybe not as good of a rebounder either. Definitely a better defender and passer/creater though.

SteBO
01-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Pau and Dirk

Bosh, Stou, Duncan

Lol @ Bargnani

Hustla23
01-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't know about All Star but Zach has been tremendous this season.

He leads the entire league in Offensive rebound rate, a super important stat, and has been scoring very efficiently.

People should watch some Grizzlies games and see that he's a different player than what he was before.

drobe86
01-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Pau and Dirk

Bosh, Stou, Duncan

In 2011 only Dirk, Stoudemire, and possibly Griffin... You're telling me Pau Gasol has been better than Zach THIS SEASON?:facepalm: Bargnani?:facepalm: Lamar Odom doesn't start, and he isn't really PF.. Wow just Wow.... Boozer hasn't even played this year, tell him to get healthy and defend for once, and you can make a case for Love, but he leads one of the worst teams in the NBA...

valade16
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
In 2011 only Dirk, Stoudemire, and possibly Griffin... You're telling me Pau Gasol has been better than Zach THIS SEASON?:facepalm: Bargnani?:facepalm: Lamar Odom doesn't start, and he isn't really PF.. Wow just Wow.... Boozer hasn't even played this year, tell him to get healthy and defend for once, and you can make a case for Love, but he leads one of the worst teams in the NBA...

Possibly griffin? Lol, he's better.

And boozer has too played this year and he is better. Bosh's stats are down because he's sharing the scoring...but don't kid yourself, he's better.

Zbo is averaging 1.5 apg and .3 bpg. His Drtg is 104, his worst ever. That to me says he hasn't changed - still a black hole and no D.

Love gives you everything Zbo does (scoring and rebounding only) but is better at both, AND he has 3-pt range, he's better.

Heck, since Brandon Roy went down LMA has been better (25 and 10).

Honestly, him as a top 3 PF is a joke

drobe86
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Possibly griffin? Lol, he's better.

And boozer has too played this year and he is better. Bosh's stats are down because he's sharing the scoring...but don't kid yourself, he's better.

Zbo is averaging 1.5 apg and .3 bpg. His Drtg is 104, his worst ever. That to me says he hasn't changed - still a black hole and no D.

Love gives you everything Zbo does (scoring and rebounding only) but is better at both, AND he has 3-pt range, he's better.

Heck, since Brandon Roy went down LMA has been better (25 and 10).

Honestly, him as a top 3 PF is a joke

I forgot about Aldridge so maybe you could make case there, but its not clear cut. Bosh being better than ZBO especially this season and beyond is comical, because Bosh doesn't rebound at all.... He's awful in that regard, while ZBO leads the NBA in Offensive Rebounding which gives you more opportunities... Love being better than ZBO is a joke, because he's not nearly as skilled at ANYTHING better than ZBO. Love is a decent player on an awful team. Sure he grabs alot of rebounds, BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANOTHER SERVICEABLE NBA BIG. The rest of those guys are bums. Zbo is a better shooter, scorer, offensive rebounder, and defender than Love. I give Love the edge in passing and 3 pt range, but love doesn't lead his team to wins. They're awful... ZBO is the heart and soul of Memphis and I fully expect them to be in playoff contention throughout this season. Minnesota won't ever make the playoffs if Love is leading the team.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=randoza01&y1=2011&p2=loveke01&y2=2011&p3=aldrila01&y3=2011&p4=griffbl01&y4=2011

excluding Amare, Dirk, and Pau, here are the next 4 guys most likely as far as PF's go. Duncan is not playing a lot of minutes, and plays center half the time, so I excluded him from this as well.

Technically, Zach should be mentioned as an addition to the all star game. But his much deserved reputation for being a lazy player from early in his career, and the fact that there is so much media hype around Love and Griffin, pretty much kill his chances at making it.

valade16
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
I forgot about Aldridge so maybe you could make case there, but its not clear cut. Bosh being better than ZBO especially this season and beyond is comical, because Bosh doesn't rebound at all.... He's awful in that regard, while ZBO leads the NBA in Offensive Rebounding which gives you more opportunities... Love being better than ZBO is a joke, because he's not nearly as skilled at ANYTHING better than ZBO. Love is a decent player on an awful team. Sure he grabs alot of rebounds, BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANOTHER SERVICEABLE NBA BIG. The rest of those guys are bums. Zbo is a better shooter, scorer, offensive rebounder, and defender than Love. I give Love the edge in passing and 3 pt range, but love doesn't lead his team to wins. They're awful... ZBO is the heart and soul of Memphis and I fully expect them to be in playoff contention throughout this season. Minnesota won't ever make the playoffs if Love is leading the team.

So rebounding is the end all be all for PFs?

And as for love the homerism is almost comical. Do you think if Love and Zbo switched places Minnesota would suddenly be playoff caliber? Heck no! Zbo's team around him is 10x better than Minny's, that's why his team has won more.

Also look at everywhere Zbo has been, the team has never done anything of value and is stuck near the middle of the pack everytime. I guess if you love mediocrity then Zbo is a great PF to have...

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
So rebounding is the end all be all for PFs?

And as for love the homerism is almost comical. Do you think if Love and Zbo switched places Minnesota would suddenly be playoff caliber? Heck no! Zbo's team around him is 10x better than Minny's, that's why his team has won more.

Also look at everywhere Zbo has been, the team has never done anything of value and is stuck near the middle of the pack everytime. I guess if you love mediocrity then Zbo is a great PF to have...

wouldn't even bother debating him on Love, he has no idea what he is talking about. He prefers a guy with limited range who doesn't pass, and who just uses shot volume to get his. Zach has played well the last 2 years, but Love, Griffin, Dirk, Pau, Amare, for starters, are all better.

valade16
01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
wouldn't even bother debating him on Love, he has no idea what he is talking about. He prefers a guy with limited range who doesn't pass, and who just uses shot volume to get his. Zach has played well the last 2 years, but Love, Griffin, Dirk, Pau, Amare, for starters, are all better.

Ok, for a split second I had to re-evaluate how good I think Love is, nice to see I wasn't overrating him or anything and other people agree.

I mean, Zach's only really dominating attribute is his ability to rebound and Love does that better lol.

Just curious, do you think LaMarcus Aldridge is better than Zbo or vice versa?