PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is not the reason the cavaliars record is what it is now!!

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
In the begining of the year the cavs actually tried had a decent record 7 -9 and knew they werent goin be the same team with lebron but after that went on a huge losing streak and they knew it would be a hard climb back to get back into playoff contention so instead of trying to win games why not lose games and try to get the best % to get the number 1 pick. If im the cavs gm thats what i would do . Throw away this season hope for the top picks and they are doing that now. Lebron has part of doin with the losing in the begining of the year but after the 1st 20 games they said lets go for the number 1 pick and get the highest percentage and its a smart move and move all the bad contracts. And if u disagree your a heat fan. Gotta hope the lottery works in your favor and build future

chicago lulz
01-29-2011, 06:33 PM
who's to say, you have no evidence.

Bornknick73
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Its tough this year though. This has been described as a very weak upcoming draft class.

nwilder
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
"If you disagree you are a Heat fan?"

WOW...Why not keep your own opinion to yourself when you expect everyone to agree with you? I can bet this thread won't last too long.

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 06:36 PM
lol just makes logic u lost prob the best player in the league left with hiog wash might as well look for lottery which i would do if i was gm

Crackadalic
01-29-2011, 06:37 PM
They lost Shaq, Big Z, Delonte West, and lebron. Varejo is hurt and mo has been in and out of the lineup. Yes lebron had a big role to that team that is irreplaceable but to say he is the single reason why the cavs suck so much isnt the right answer.

The 7-9 start was when Varejo was playing and he help that team overachieve to that start

JordansBulls
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
In the begining of the year the cavs actually tried had a decent record 7 -9 and knew they werent goin be the same team with lebron but after that went on a huge losing streak and they knew it would be a hard climb back to get back into playoff contention so instead of trying to win games why not lose games and try to get the best % to get the number 1 pick. If im the cavs gm thats what i would do . Throw away this season hope for the top picks and they are doing that now. Lebron has part of doin with the losing in the begining of the year but after the 1st 20 games they said lets go for the number 1 pick and get the highest percentage and its a smart move and move all the bad contracts. And if u disagree your a heat fan. Gotta hope the lottery works in your favor and build future

After that loss to the Heat, the Cavs pretty much gave up after that. They don't even play with any fire like they did the first month of the season.

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM
lol lebron took the team to the finals with worse players then u just mentioned

Flash3
01-29-2011, 06:40 PM
how did that work out for the nets ?

Sixerlover
01-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Yep. Makes logic that Byron Scott goes out every night trying to coach the team to losses, and the players all make sure they miss just enough shots to lose the game. Great logic

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
well begining of the year they were playing with heart and ever since the heat game they play like they dont care

Flash3
01-29-2011, 06:44 PM

one of the many reasons you should give up on your pursuit to be a mod.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 06:45 PM
After that loss to the Heat, the Cavs pretty much gave up after that. They don't even play with any fire like they did the first month of the season.
Yeah. They actually competed when they came to Miami, though.

Sixerlover
01-29-2011, 06:46 PM
well begining of the year they were playing with heart and ever since the heat game they play like they dont care

Not having a talented team and playing like you dont care are two different things. They try, they just suck.

Minimal
The only players who actually kept Cavaliers on 1st seed in the east last year were LeBron and Varejao.

And ur logic is stupid, if they just give up like that, no fans will ever visit their games and there will be no profit for the league and David Stern to keep this franchise in the NBA.

knicks4life33
yea they did compete when they came to miami

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 06:48 PM
well let me ask you guys if your the gm of the cavs what would you do ?? i would honestly tank the season hope for the top 3 picks

Bruno
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM

I agree.

Injuries to their former all-star and former defensive team member, the coaching change, losing the size and experience of Z and Shaq, Jamison getting one year older, and the implosion of J.J. Hickson are all contributing factors to their horrible record.

But for the OP to say LeBron is not the reason is just false. His leaving created a snow-ball effect that resulted in what we are witnessing this season.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I agree.

Injuries to their former all-star and former defensive team member, the coaching change, losing the size and experience of Z and Shaq, Jamison getting one year older, and the implosion of J.J. Hickson are all contributing factors to their horrible record.

But for the OP to say LeBron is not the reason is just false. His leaving created a snow-ball effect that resulted in what we are witnessing this season.

This is correct. Lebron is obviously a major reason, but not the only reason. To pretend like the cavs weren't completely overhauled in the off season is ridiculous.

CountSackula
01-29-2011, 07:21 PM
And if u disagree your a heat fan. Gotta hope the lottery works in your favor and build future

:laugh2:

Khalifa21
01-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes... It is.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Please.

The Cavs suck cuz Lebron isn't on the team anymore.

That 7-9 start they had was pure luck.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 07:24 PM
people are in love

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
This cavs team even healthy would have still fought for 25 wins. ANd lol at the guy that said should they tank they dont have to they cant win a game to save their lives. Gotta hope they can win another 5 games this year. Hopefully they get the number 1 pick but i doubt it. It doesnt happen that often even with the worst record

Flash3
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
well let me ask you guys if your the gm of the cavs what would you do ?? i would honestly tank the season hope for the top 3 picks

again how did it work out for the nets ?

NothingbutWill
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
uh yeah, I'm sure all the players and the coaches just WANT to lose because they like being losers. Are you even reading what you're preaching?

kjoke
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
cool story bro

IamKaiserSoze
01-29-2011, 07:31 PM

so...play to lose? yeah. thats going to get people in the seats. and it's going to get the coach and gm a real good raise, too. this thread makes my arse hurt.

ManRam
01-29-2011, 07:32 PM
They overachieved to start the year. Every analyst with a pulse on that team agrees: they were playing off of pure adrenaline. You can't sustain that for long. The injuries really just set in about 3 weeks ago. Hell, Sessions was outperforming Delonte...so the only other loss is Shaq...which isn't much.

LeBron is good for a solid 25-30 win differential on his lonesome. Some might argue more. No player can carry a poor supporting cast further than him. It's remarkable.

blastmasta26
01-29-2011, 07:35 PM
No way they're tanking. Tanking ruins the record of a coach, makes him look worse to potential future teams and can lead to increased pressure to win to keep his job later on. It makes players look bad statistically and from a team aspect, who would want to sign or trade for a player that is struggling on a horrible team?

Besides, the worst record in the league rarely gets the first overall pick, I think Orlando was the last team to do so. This is just a horrible team, their energy at the start of the season made them overachieve but now it's gone and the reality is obvious.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 07:37 PM
wow. The basketball IQ on this board is terribly low

godolphins
They lost Shaq, Big Z, Delonte West, and lebron. Varejo is hurt and mo has been in and out of the lineup. Yes lebron had a big role to that team that is irreplaceable but to say he is the single reason why the cavs suck so much isnt the right answer.

The 7-9 start was when Varejo was playing and he help that team overachieve to that start I'm tired of people saying that Big Z, Shaq and Delonte are also the reason the Cavs are losing

ManRam
There was a thread on this earlier, before injuries really set in.

They lost Z, Shaq and Delonte.

Z missed a ton of games, and was a complete non-factor in the playoffs. We need to stop acting like he was a huge loss. He was like a 2 WS player. Losing his size hurts, but again, he didn't really do anything last year. By the playoffs, he was a third stringer.
Shaq had a 3 win share season, and did nothing really in the playoffs.
Delonte has been outperformed by his replacement in Sessions.

No one has replaced LeBron.

Coaching? Mike Brown may never be a coach again. Scott is much more highly regarded.

If I had to throw a percentage of the reason for their downfall on LeBron leaving, I'd go in the 80s. I think it's at least 80% because of him.

And if you think they are tanking, welcome to my ignore list. That's just laughable.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Id say 80% of the reason there losing is Lebron as well... But to say 100% of the reason they are losing is Lebron is laughable and i hope "manram" puts you on his ignore list

blastmasta26
01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
wow. The IQ on this board is terribly low

fixed

_KB24_
01-29-2011, 07:46 PM
It is though. And I'm not talking about him leaving or the other half of the Cavs rotation that is gone from last season. The Cavs played with zest and fire the first month or so because they wanted to prove that they could be competitive and beat some decent teams early on. But after the game against Lebron, he literally sucked whatever life was left in that organization out. Kind of like in Space Jam when the "talent" is sucked out of the NBA players, lol can't believed I referenced that. But you can clearly see the Cavs not playing with any passion or heart, they could care less now. Tank the rest of the season and go for the number 1 pick.

PhillyFaninLA
01-29-2011, 07:47 PM

I think this is completely ridiculous and I'm a 76ers fan. So if we don't agree with you its because we are Heat fans and not people with free will and the ability to formulate thoughts and opinions on our own.

As far as the lottery point you made, a person with character, heart, desire, and pride won't throw games. A winner competes hard and has the desire to win, only a loser plays or roots for losses. Winners focus on getting better and strive for achievement, losers so we are not very good so lets hope luck or someone that isn't here helps us.

Winners and good people give it their all, losers take the easy road and hope for good results and luck. A winner says lets try and get better and grow as people and understands that a draft pick could always be a bust so why play for it, a loser says the only chance we have is to get lucky in the lottery and hope he's not a bust.

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 07:48 PM

looking at your avatar takes away all credibiltiy of your post......

ManRam
01-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I think this is completely ridiculous and I'm a 76ers fan. So if we don't agree with you its because we are Heat fans and not people with free will and the ability to formulate thoughts and opinions on our own.

As far as the lottery point you made, a person with character, heart, desire, and pride won't throw games. A winner competes hard and has the desire to win, only a loser plays or roots for losses. Winners focus on getting better and strive for achievement, losers so we are not very good so lets hope luck or someone that isn't here helps us.

Winners and good people give it their all, losers take the easy road and hope for good results and luck.

There is more bias in saying that the best player in the NBA is not the reason why the Cavs are sucking than there is in saying the opposite. Just ignore him. Clearly, the majority of people disagree with him, and it's also clear the majority aren't Heat fans.

cambovenzi
01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
:facepalm:
I thought this was going to talk about how the WHOLE reason they are so bad isnt because of lebron. AKA they lost a bunch of other players, etc.

Instead we get a half assed conspiracy theory about tanking games.

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
This thread should just be closed.....

PhillyFaninLA
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
There is more bias in saying that the best player in the NBA is not the reason why the Cavs are sucking than there is in saying the opposite. Just ignore him. Clearly, the majority of people disagree with him, and it's also clear the majority aren't Heat fans.

Well said and your right and its probably not worth it letting myself getting negative like that.

ManRam
01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
looking at your avatar takes away all credibiltiy of your post......

I have sigs and avys turned off. Thanks for pointing that out.

He says the people that disagree with him are biased, but it's clear where his biases stand now. Him saying that if you disagree with him, that it must make you a Heat fan is just hilarious. Talk about bias...and hate....

There are going to be people out there who will try to come up with every thing they can to discredit the NBA's #1 villain right now. Those who can see past their hate and biases will easily be able to tear them down...like this thread.

Sactown
01-29-2011, 07:54 PM
What are the odds the Kings are doing the same ;)

TylerSL

He says the people that disagree with him are biased, but it's clear where his biases stand now. Him saying that if you disagree with him, that it must make you a Heat fan is just hilarious. Talk about bias...and hate....

There are going to be people out there who will try to come up with every thing they can to discredit the NBA's #1 villain right now. Those who can see past their hate and biases will easily be able to tear them down...like this thread.

exactly, I figure it wont be too long before this gets closed...

SteBO

This post is very well thought out. It states the reason why this thread is an epic fail.
/thread.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 07:57 PM

There are going to be people out there who will try to come up with every thing they can to discredit the NBA's #1 clown right now. Those who can see past their hate and biases will easily be able to tear them down...like this thread.

fixed before close

SteBO
01-29-2011, 07:58 PM
fixed before close
Really bro? I know you don't like what LeBron did, but c'mon.

nickdymez
01-29-2011, 08:00 PM
If he can call him a villain, why cant i call him a clown?

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
fixed before close

like SteBo said, cmon stop hating.....

yanksrock
01-29-2011, 08:02 PM

I'm a Knicks fan and I couldn't disagree more.

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:02 PM

technically you can, but do relize you sound like a really bad hater when you do that....

SteBO
01-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Guess you have a point there. But he aint a clown. You still got to respect his game.

knicks4life33
01-29-2011, 08:17 PM
I didnt say lebron didnt have anything to do with the losing ?? He obvisouly did !! I am saying after the heat crushed the cavs at home they went on that huge losing streak and gave up on the season after that. They arent really playing with any heart and dont really care about the season and are aiming for a highest percentage chance to get a number 1 pick which is what i would do .

Khalifa21
01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Fixed before close

:laugh2:

cambovenzi
01-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I didnt say lebron didnt have anything to do with the losing ?? He obvisouly did !! I am saying after the heat crushed the cavs at home they went on that huge losing streak and gave up on the season after that. They arent really playing with any heart and dont really care about the season and are aiming for a highest percentage chance to get a number 1 pick which is what i would do .

If you didnt want a job or money, maybe.

GeekInThePink
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Guess you have a point there. But he aint a clown. You still got to respect his game.

He is a clown. His antics about leaving Cavaliers (i.e the decision) and the whole Karma comment about the Cavaliers indicates to me that, yes he is in fact a clown. He's a great player, but a fool.

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Dude, just stop. Nobody wants to get embarassed or be known you were only good because of 1 person. Like the Cavs are being known for now. That has to suck for them. Trust me, they do not want to lose.....

Also, a word of advice. If you want people to take you seriously. Change your avatar before you say anything about Lebron again because it just really takes all your credibility away.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
He is a clown. His antics about leaving Cavaliers (i.e the decision) and the whole Karma comment about the Cavaliers indicates to me that, yes he is in fact a clown. He's a great player, but a fool.
Oh wow. If that's all you have to go by, then I guess LeBron is doing well for himself. What he did wasn't smart, yes, but that isn't enough for the silly hatred. It's time for some of you to grow up and get passed this.

valade16
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM

So because it's what you would do it's what they're doing?:rolleyes:

See how that logic makes no sense?

And honestly, if you could be the coach/gm/owner of any team in the league, the cavs roster is the last roster anyone would want. They are that bad.

They should probably go down to the d-league for a few weeks to polish their skills...

kjoke
01-29-2011, 08:37 PM

they gave up 15 games into the season :eyebrow:
if you want people to EVEN consider your post credible, your avatar completely turns them the other way. And you want to be a mod? lol, get back to me with that

cambovenzi
01-29-2011, 08:38 PM
On the Lebron is a clown speculation:

He does have a pretty big nose.
Just sayin :)

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh wow. If that's all you have to go buy, then I guess LeBron is doing well for himself. What he did wasn't smart, yes, but that isn't enough for the silly hatred. It's time for some of you to grow up and get passed this.

this

John Walls Era
01-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Technically Lebron is still the reason. Because of his absence, the Cavs now must find that franchise player... and "chase that number 1 pick".

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:40 PM
On the Lebron is a clown speculation:

He does have a pretty big nose.
Just sayin :)

lol, thats a pretty good one accually

Flash3
01-29-2011, 08:41 PM
they gave up 15 games into the season :eyebrow:
If you want people to even consider your post credible, your avatar completely turns them the other way. And you want to be a mod? Lol, get back to me with that

+1

GeekInThePink
01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh wow. If that's all you have to go buy, then I guess LeBron is doing well for himself. What he did wasn't smart, yes, but that isn't enough for the silly hatred. It's time for some of you to grow up and get passed this.

How is there any hatred in the words I'm saying? I said that in my opinion he acts like a clown, the things he has done are strange. I really think its disrespectful to say I am hating on him, I don't hate LeBron, I just think some things he's done after leaving Cleveland are immature and yes, clownish. What basis do you have to say that I hate him? find me one post showing indication that I've said anything negative towards him besides calling him a clown.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 08:45 PM
How is there any hatred in the words I'm saying? I said that in my opinion he acts like a clown, the things he has done are strange. I really think its disrespectful to say I am hating on him, I don't hate LeBron, I just think some things he's done after leaving Cleveland are immature and yes, clownish. What basis do you have to say that I hate him? find me one post showing indication that I've said anything negative towards him besides calling him a clown.
I wasn't referring to you specifically when I mentioned hatred. I was speaking on general terms at that point, though calling him a clown is pretty silly imo. You don't have to like him, that's your choice.

GeekInThePink
01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I wasn't referring to you specifically when I mentioned hatred. I was speaking on general terms at that point, though calling him a clown is pretty silly imo. You don't have to like him, that's your choice.

I would disagree in the fact that he isn't a clown, and even go as far as saying your perspective is bias. He's the star on your team, and I understand the love for him, If I was a Heat fan I would defend him to the bone too, but insulting other members is no way to go about it.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I would disagree in the fact that he isn't a clown, and even go as far as saying your perspective is bias. He's the star on your team, and I understand the love for him, If I was a Heat fan I would defend him to the bone too, but insulting other members is no way to go about it.
When did I insult you? Please enlighten me. It's true. People on this site need to grow up and get over it already. If I was biased, I would've praised LeBron for how he left CLE and a couple other instances. But reality is, I haven't done that at all.

valade16
01-29-2011, 08:53 PM

:clap:

Seriously, is anyone here gonna say what he's said on twitter isn't a little clownish?

To deny knowing what the word contraction means the day after talking about it? If any of my friends tried something so stupid on me I'd call them out on it everytime.

Oh, and lest you think me a hater I think he's the best Bball player right now. But heat fans need to realize, who he is and how he plays bball are two very different things that don't go hand in hand.

juggla53
01-29-2011, 08:53 PM

If you truley think professional basketball players are going to intentionally play bad so they can have a shot at some rookie you are dilusional. Some of these guys are performing for their next contracts and could be the difference of 1mill a year and 5 mill a year depending on how they play, and you actully think they give a rats *** about some kid who's still in college. if your post was serious you have a severe lack of sports knowledge.

Klivlend
01-29-2011, 08:54 PM
There have been a lot of terrible threads on PSD, but his one is...special.

GeekInThePink
01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
When did I insult you? Please enlighten me. It's true. People on this site need to grow up and get over it already. If I was biased, I would've praised LeBron for how he left CLE. But reality is, I haven't done that at all.

I'm done arguing with you, we won't agree and it's a waste of both of our time. Apologies if I offended you.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm done arguing with you, we won't agree and it's a waste of both of our time. Apologies if I offended you.
So be it. This thread should have been deleted anyway, and noone knows how to read posts.

Azzacadabra
01-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Remember though, yes he can sign anywhere, it's his life, his direction. It's just the way he publicized it via that stupid interview and that quote that's been more over used than I'm Rick James *****, is what a lot of Cleveland fans are upset about. I feel for them, cause they have a good fan base. I don't think Lebron is a clown, he's seizing the opportunity. At the end of the day it's all about the Benjamins anyway.

ATX
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM

How can anyone take this thread seriously when the creator writes at an eleven year olds level? I mean, I can work my way through the over abundance of grammatical errors, but what point is there in discussing this issue with someone with the writing level of a 3rd grader? I mean, Christ...Did you reread that before you posted and thought, "Ya, that looks good"?

What you are suggesting is that the Cav's are tanking under the leadership of Dan Gilbert. Not that I would put this past him, but this tactic your theorizing is extremely unprofessional to say the least.

RDBK514
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't really remember a Lebron Cav's team start the season 7-9 so I think that start was over-achieving at best. They lost Varejao and that hurt a lot. They aren't losing cause they want to. There losing because they have a bunch of d-leaguers and bench warmers.

icon1914
01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Looking at the Cavs early season record of 7-9 as proof of that they are a good team is silly. I'm pretty sure their have have been a number of bad teams that went 7-9 at sometime during the season and still failed to win more than 25 games at seasons end. The Cavs are a team that was, for better of for worse, built around LeBron James... Without him, sure they might get hot every now and then, they are pretty much a rudderless ship... no real PG... no post presence, and not one person that can draw double teams to open the floor for the shooters... plus AV got hurt.

I'm not going to say LBJ is the sole reason for the demise of the Cavs... but he is about 95% of it. And they don't have to tank to get in the top 5 of the lottery.. after LBJ left it was apparent to everyone, but Gilbert ,that they headed down that road.

JNA17
01-29-2011, 09:19 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

TPM
01-29-2011, 09:34 PM
its not JUST leborn, but he did have a major role in it, when lebron left, so did shaq, and west, now theres no real threat to command a double-team or shoot from the outside besides mo williams

ManRam
01-29-2011, 10:14 PM
its not JUST leborn, but he did have a major role in it, when lebron left, so did shaq, and west, now theres no real threat to command a double-team or shoot from the outside besides mo williams

West has been upgraded (Sessions), and Shaq was a 20 minute player (a 3 win share player too). They're worth mentioning, but hardly.

nightBULL
01-29-2011, 10:26 PM
It was a lot harder to game plan for the Cavs at the start of the season. They were a completely team so coaches didn't necessarily know how they would come out, who they would feed the ball to, etc...

Stealing games is a lot easier at the start of thr season.

Meatmypet
01-29-2011, 11:11 PM
The worst team, no matter how much you tank can only have a 25% chance on landing the #1 pick.

It wouldn't make sense to tank 18 in a row before the mid point of the season.

Melo15
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

Agreed, this is just getting pathetic

Confusious
01-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Without a bonafide leader (or a leader of any kind), Cleveland is doing what Cleveland is best at. Giving up.

SteBO
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Without a bonafide leader (or a leader of any kind), Cleveland is doing what Cleveland is best at. Giving up.
As harsh as this sounds. It's so true.

prodigy
01-30-2011, 12:23 AM
As a cavs fan its whatever. Worse place to be is 7th or 8th seed. Just gotta hope you can get a star in the draft and build from there.