PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't the Pistons made a trade yet?

fadedmario
01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
I know the team is for sale, but this team's future depends on this year's deadline. All of these players should be available -

Tracy McGrady
Tayshaun Prince
Rip Hamilton

and more on the roster could be moved. I don't see Detroit giving McGrady an extension at his age with his past injury problems. Will these players get moved before the deadline and where could they end up? This is an NBA topic (not just a Detroit one). Please keep it here. :)

Cubs Win
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Piston's forum?

fadedmario
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Piston's forum?

Really? Does every thread have to be about the Bulls - Knicks - Heat

Cubs Win
01-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Really?

Yep. That IS where this would belong. I could post that I really like Taco Bell and then say, "This is an NBA topic (not just a General one). Please keep it here." Would that make it an NBA topic?

Lakerfrk
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I know the team is for sale, but this team's future depends on this year's deadline. All of these players should be available -

Tracy McGrady
Tayshaun Prince
Rip Hamilton

and more on the roster could be moved. I don't see Detroit giving McGrady an extension at his age with his past injury problems. Will these players get moved before the deadline and where could they end up? This is an NBA topic (not just a Detroit one). Please keep it here. :)

Hamilton and Prince, yes... but honestly, I think T-Mac is the reason they are selling tickets right now... don't really think he's going anywhere.

Kakaroach
01-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Hamilton's contract is just too difficult to move. With the CBA expiring and all, I just don't think its possible to move him until a new CBA agreement. Tayshaun could be a good pick-up, but I don't think the Pistons want to move him.

As for T-Mac, I'm pretty sure teams wouldn't give up anything to get him, seeing as how rebuilding teams have no need and contending teams are worried about how he might mesh in.

fadedmario
01-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Hamilton and Prince, yes... but honestly, I think T-Mac is the reason they are selling tickets right now... don't really think he's going anywhere.

Yeah T-Mac has been really good. I wonder if any team's are calling for him? He's playing some ball. He was two boards short of a triple double last night.

210Don
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
id like tmac & wilcox

thekmp211
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM
ownership is in flux, it makes trading much more difficult. they aren't going to devalue the franchise by gutting it as they try to sell it. still, id be shocked if prince and hamilton dont move.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2011, 02:38 PM
They're waiting better offers:shrug:

Tony_Starks
01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I made a thread on this a while back about why haven't they blown up the team yet? The overwhelming response was that they are limited to make moves because of the teams pending sale. Also that nobody wants Rips contract.

I still don't understand how the sale prevents them making moves though. To me if they blew it up and went into rebuilding mode with the young guys it would at least give them a clear cut direction and IMO increase franchise value.

Right now they're just bad enough to not make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a decent pick.

effen5
01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I made a thread on this a while back about why haven't they blown up the team yet? The overwhelming response was that they are limited to make moves because of the teams pending sale. Also that nobody wants Rips contract.

I still don't understand how the sale prevents them making moves though. To me if they blew it up and went into rebuilding mode with the young guys it would at least give them a clear cut direction and IMO increase franchise value.

Right now they're just bad enough to not make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a decent pick.

That is the worst spot you could be in. If I were the Pistons, I would gun the team and have a fire sale (including Gordon and Stuckey) and try to get as many picks as they can and just completely start over in the next couple of years.

thekmp211
01-29-2011, 05:46 PM
^^ they can't just pawn guys off because of the ownership situation. making fair market trades is tough in the league.

colinskik
01-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Yep. That IS where this would belong. I could post that I really like Taco Bell and then say, "This is an NBA topic (not just a General one). Please keep it here." Would that make it an NBA topic?
Except Taco Bell is a fast food restaurant and the Detroit Pistons is a basketball team, thus it has relevance to sports... If this weren't in the main forum I wouldn't have seen it, so it should remain here.

I'm surprised the Pistons haven't even been in any rumors other than the failed Melo trade. I know they have a lot of bad contracts and the ownership is in flux, but they're already playing young guys like Daye and Monroe so why not commit to that and try to move the vets. However, I would keep Tmac cause of his recent play and his presence in the locker room. Theoretically, if you trade your vets it would be smart to at least keep one around for guidance.

EDIT: I didn't mean to quote CUbs Wins; instead I wanted to quote the poster saying this belongs in the PIstons forum.

dtmagnet
01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Surprised the Mavericks didn't call about T-Mac.

Phenomenonsense
01-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Hamilton's contract is just too difficult to move. With the CBA expiring and all, I just don't think its possible to move him until a new CBA agreement. Tayshaun could be a good pick-up, but I don't think the Pistons want to move him.

As for T-Mac, I'm pretty sure teams wouldn't give up anything to get him, seeing as how rebuilding teams have no need and contending teams are worried about how he might mesh in.

Lol, Hamilton's contract is an Expiring next year. With the lockout pending, it's essentially an expiring this year. His contract is only partially guaranteed after next year and it's basically the same as Carter. His contract isn't even that bad.

Kobes a Killer
01-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Cause Detroit is stupid? I dunno, they are for sure wasting some of those dudes time though, their team is going no where and Rip and Prince have given that organization everything, show some respect and trade them to top tier teams

championships
01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
No Takers? :shrug:

OT Thriller
01-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I still think the Hamilton/Murphy swap should go down. Makes sense still for both teams. If not, there are a ton of teams that could use a solid veteran guard in Hamilton. I'm surprise nobody has stepped up, or the Pistons havent stepped up for Hamilton's sake. Other teams at this point are probably waiting for a buyout.