PDA

View Full Version : If the Cavaliers have a fire sale...

RenegadeRiot36
01-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Its no secret that the Cavs are pretty bad. Even bad enough to lose 19 straight and being 1-29 in the last 30 games. It seems more and more likely that they are going to obliterate the team. So my question is, what teams would be interested in their players, and what would the Cavs expect to get in return? Im looking forward to a change and am wondering what to expect.

SteBO
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Miami would be interested in a couple of Clevelands players, notably Daniel Gibson and Anderson Varejao, bt I find it hard to imagine CLE doing business with Miami again and i don't thnik we have the pieces, sooo.

kgjfan243
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I can see contenders like the Mavs, Spurs, maybe even the Lakers making a play for someone like Jamison or Mo Williams. I wouldn't expect to get much back though. It's going to take a while for the Cavs to become relevant again, but with the right moves they will be back. Plus, they should have a top five pick for the next 3-5 years any way. Young talent could bring the Cavs back.

210Don
01-29-2011, 01:31 PM
id like andy

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
it would be hard to see the bulls aquire gibson & parker given that they play in their divison

but

rose/gibson
parker/brewer
deng/korver
boozer/taj
noah/kurt/omer

thats a great team..
2nd in the east without a scoring 6th man,a true starting 2 guard,
and havent played with our starting 5 for atleast 10 games yet....

then hope for maybe jr smith in the offseason..

hotpotato1092
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
I really wanna see Varejao in OKC, I think it's a great fit.

dunedinjays
01-29-2011, 01:49 PM
guys like jamison and williams have more value next year when their contracts are expiring

MiamiWadeCounty
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
JJ Hickson could have some value as a nice young big man

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Miami would be interested in a couple of Clevelands players, notably Daniel Gibson and Anderson Varejao, bt I find it hard to imagine CLE doing business with Miami again and i don't thnik we have the pieces, sooo.

i cant see dan gilbert approving any trade with ya

especially if it helps ya just lead by a point in a quarter..

he will only deal bad contracts or a player whos secretly injured..

it doesnt matter.. its not like ya need anyone from there..

just wait for haslem..hope for mario & sign oden & yao in the offseason & pray on their health..

but it just seems everyone in miami gets injured now..

i never seen lebron get hurt soo much already and we havent even passed the midway point yet..

hugepatsfan
01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Hickson is the only guy on that team w/ value, and trading him doesn't really make sense. Gibson might have some value, but he becomes more valuable after this year because he would be in the last guaranteed year of his deal. Same w/ Jamison. Andy V could also be moved to a contender if he comes back healthy next year.

masalex1205
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM

same here, PERFECT fit w/ the Thunder

footballer2369
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Boobie!

Baller1
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Reports have been released saying we were after Varejao until he got injured. Sucks so bad, because we easily have the pieces to bring him over.

Minimal
01-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Daniel Gibson and Anderson Varejao, all others are complete garbage

Kakaroach
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Anderson Varejao could bring the toughness on the inside the Jazz need, but even then he still doesn't have the size we need. Other than that, not really anything.

Khalifa21
01-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I think Andy is the consensus player most people would want off that team.. I'd love him in NY. Ryan Hollins wouldn't be too bad if we could get him on the cheap.

IndiansFan337
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM

I guarantee Dan Gilbert isn't going to be sending anyone to Miami that would push them closer to a championship.

Keep in mind that in order to acquire Varejao's salary, Miami would either have to trade one of their "Big 3" or Mike Miller and quite a few others just to get the salaries to match. And the Cavs wouldn't trade him in a package surrounding Mike Miller. Plus, Varejao is out for the season. The Heat all in, not trying to build for the future.

IndiansFan337
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I think Andy is the consensus player most people would want off that team.. I'd love him in NY. Ryan Hollins wouldn't be too bad if we could get him on the cheap.

Ryan Hollins can definitely be had. He is awful.

The Cavs aren't opposed to blowing up the roster at this point. However, they don't want to dump injured guys like Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao for 40 cents on the dollar. If Parker can prove to be healthy for the next few weeks I think he will definitely get moved...Possibly to the Bulls? Hollins, Sessions, Moon, Jamison all can be had for the right price. I think Gibson would be tougher to get, but he is certainly not untouchable. Williams and Varejao can be had, but not on the cheap just because they are injured. So ultimately, I don't expect either of them to be dealt this season.

Jonathan2323
01-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Dan Gilbert is getting what he deserves...

IndiansFan337
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
it would be hard to see the bulls aquire gibson & parker given that they play in their divison

but

rose/gibson
parker/brewer
deng/korver
boozer/taj
noah/kurt/omer

thats a great team..
2nd in the east without a scoring 6th man,a true starting 2 guard,
and havent played with our starting 5 for atleast 10 games yet....

then hope for maybe jr smith in the offseason..

Parker is at the back-end of his career and a F/A after this season...So I don't think the Cavs would be opposed to sending him your way. Maybe not Gibson, but if you make a good offer I don't think the Cavs would reject it solely because they play in the same division. The Cavs aren't going to be competing for a championship in the near future, so they should do whatever possible to improve the team long-term...Even if that means making a trade with a division rival.

Btw, Hickson is terrible. I can tell those of you who never watch the Cavs...Because you are the ones talking him up. He's athletic, but he's undersized, has a horrible shot selection, plays no D, and doesn't rebound well for his position. Not trading him for Amare (if that was really a possibility) will haunt me for the rest of my life. LeBron probably would have stayed...We may have won the championship....There was no possible way that Hickson would EVER become the player that Amare is, so I have no idea why Danny Ferry would not accept that trade if it was offered. Even if Amare did bolt last summer we would have had a much better chance at winning the title last season....And we would have only lost Hickson, since Z was the other piece and an impending F/A....I will never get over that. I wish I could have a sit down with either Danny Ferry or Steve Kerr and find out if that Hickson/Z for Amare trade was ever actually offered to the Cavs. :mad:

Yes he would be, but I don't think they'd be willing to part with Jeff Green to get him.

Ty Fast
01-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Anderson Varejao is out for the year.

IndiansFan337
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Dan Gilbert is getting what he deserves...

No, he is not. He poured money into this team to get them closer to a championship. He gave LeBron everything he asked for, including various things for his "entourage". He let his undeserving pals play on the Cavs summer league team...When there was no way that they belong on an NBA summer league team.

Obviously, that letter was a mistake...But he does not deserve this at all.

A lot of the hate that LeBron is getting this year is based on things that he says...The karma quote, the contraction talk, etc...Do you know why he never made quotes that caused an uproar while he was in Cleveland? Because he was coddled here. That hasn't happened in Miami. It's sort of like the Roethlisberger situation in Pittsburgh. He has done a lot that the media doesn't release in Pittsburgh because he's their superstar. That's what happened in Akron/Cleveland with LeBron. Now that he is in Miami, his "safety blanket" is no longer there.

You hear sports writers and columnists saying that it seems like his maturity has regressed. That is not the case. No one's maturity regresses. The reason that it seems that way is because the Cleveland organization and media is no longer covering up every little thing that he does.

You guys probably saw that Las Vegas article about him last summer that was published on ESPN.com for a few hours, but then mysteriously was removed. If not, try Googling it. Stuff like that didn't come out when he was in Cleveland. Was he doing the same stuff? Certainly. He didn't just change the way he acts when he went to Miami. It's just being reported differently now.

Now, after my long rant, I will once again say that Dan Gilbert does NOT deserve this. He ran this organization properly and successfully. The only blemish on his record is that stupid letter that he wrote following "The Decision". And if you think he deserves this due to that, and with no other reason, then you are just blindly throwing statements out into the wind.

davids22
01-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Please, Lebron doesn't want anymore Cleveland players on his team. It's not the Miami Cavaliers.

Miamis best bet in the off season is to sign Greg Oden and possibly Yao Ming and pray for their health. Since they're injured, they could prob sign them for the minimum.

Jonathan2323
01-29-2011, 02:58 PM
No, he is not. He poured money into this team to get them closer to a championship. He gave LeBron everything he asked for, including various things for his "entourage". He let his undeserving pals play on the Cavs summer league team...When there was no way that they belong on an NBA summer league team.

Obviously, that letter was a mistake...But he does not deserve this at all.

A lot of the hate that LeBron is getting this year is based on things that he says...The karma quote, the contraction talk, etc...Do you know why he never made quotes that caused an uproar while he was in Cleveland? Because he was coddled here. That hasn't happened in Miami. It's sort of like the Roethlisberger situation in Pittsburgh. He has done a lot that the media doesn't release in Pittsburgh because he's their superstar. That's what happened in Akron/Cleveland with LeBron. Now that he is in Miami, his "safety blanket" is no longer there.

You hear sports writers and columnists saying that it seems like his maturity has regressed. That is not the case. No one's maturity regresses. The reason that it seems that way is because the Cleveland organization and media is no longer covering up every little thing that he does.

You guys probably saw that Las Vegas article about him last summer that was published on ESPN.com for a few hours, but then mysteriously was removed. If not, try Googling it. Stuff like that didn't come out when he was in Cleveland. Was he doing the same stuff? Certainly. He didn't just change the way he acts when he went to Miami. It's just being reported differently now.

Now, after my long rant, I will once again say that Dan Gilbert does NOT deserve this. He ran this organization properly and successfully. The only blemish on his record is that stupid letter that he wrote following "The Decision". And if you think he deserves this due to that, and with no other reason, then you are just blindly throwing statements out into the wind.

Well written post, but nationally he will be remembered for that ridiculous letter. Sounded like a crazy person wrote that. lol. I understand what you're saying though.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

dunedinjays
01-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Well written post, but nationally he will be remembered for that ridiculous letter. Sounded like a crazy person wrote that. lol. I understand what you're saying though.

Sounded like a guy smoking some real good ****. Anyone know Gilbert? I gotta find his dealer

mttwlsn16
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
send verajao to clipperland along with mo williams. u can have kaman and a 2nd rounder

JNA17
01-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Anderson Varejao, as much as i hate the guy and his contract, he brings a lot of hustle and defense and solid rebounding, lakers would love this guy.

IndiansFan337
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
No doubt about it.

send verajao to clipperland along with mo williams. u can have kaman and a 2nd rounder

That's not something that would interest the Cavs...

effen5
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Please, Lebron doesn't want anymore Cleveland players on his team. It's not the Miami Cavaliers.

Miamis best bet in the off season is to sign Greg Oden and possibly Yao Ming and pray for their health. Since they're injured, they could prob sign them for the minimum.

They would have better role players to compliment Lebron if they added more Cav players.

Only player I would love to have from the Cavs is Anthony Parker

James Johnson
Keith Bogans
Our first round

for

Anthony Parker

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3yktld4

He would seriously complete our team :(

blastmasta26
01-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Varejao would fit on many teams, including my Knicks. Anthony Parker has some value as well, can shoot and defend and a smart player. Jamison could draw some interest next year as an expiring contract and as a good role player for a contender possibly.

EaglePride615
01-29-2011, 08:14 PM
id love jj hickson on the heat off the bench.

TylerSL
01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
the only players they would get anything for is Varajeo, Hickson, Mo, and Gibson. Jamison is making too much money and is like 35. The rest of their roster is just D-Leaguers. Varajeo is out for the year, so they should wait til he is healthy if they were to trade him. You could get some out of Mo tho because he can go 20/7 or so if he has a big enough role. Hickson is a good young player that they could get a good return for him, and they could at least get something for Gibson. Ultimately tho, the Cavs are in 100% dismay and it will take years (many of them probably) to be relevant again.