View Full Version : PREDICTION: Future team usa starters in london

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 04:59 AM
rose
lebron
durant
griffin
howard

am i correct or is there a better FUTURE team by the time the games tip off in london?

& i just got a feelin blake will do a vince carter.. :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

the greatest dunk on of all time ^ :surrender:

Raph12
01-29-2011, 05:55 AM
PG - CP3
SG - Durant
SF - Lebron
PF - Griffin
C - Dwight
6th - Wade

abe_froman
01-29-2011, 05:57 AM
way to far in the future.hell half these guys might not even want to do it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2011, 06:00 AM
obviously kobe will be in starting 5

LAKERRS24
01-29-2011, 09:10 AM
obviously kobe will be in starting 5

Yes. In 2012 it's a no-brainer.

Starting 5:
PG Rose
SG Kobe
SF James/Durant
PF Durant/Griffin - depends if Griffin plays
C Howard

Altough Kobe's minutes could drop, but he'll start.

ATX
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
They're not going to start Durant at PF. I don't think it's a lock that Kobe is a starter in 2012 either. I also don't see how Rose get's the start over CP3. I think Ralph's lineup in more realistic.

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 11:18 AM
PG* Westbrook/ Rose
SG* Kobe/ Wade
SF* Durant/ James
PF* Griffin/Love
C* Howard/ ?

USA is gonna win it

MVP* Kevin Durant

BALLER71
01-29-2011, 11:28 AM
PG: CP3/Rose
SG: Kobe
SF: James/Durant
PF: Griffin/Love
C: Howard

6th man: Wade.
No way should Durant start over Lebron

YoungOne
01-29-2011, 11:37 AM
CP3 would be the best fit as a point guard, also d12 would be a lock, i'm not sure about the other positions.

MiamiWadeCounty
01-29-2011, 11:40 AM
PG* Westbrook/ Rose
SG* Kobe/ Wade
SF* Durant/ James
PF* Griffin/Love
C* Howard/ ?

USA is gonna win it

MVP* Kevin Durant

No CP3, shame on you

nuggetsyankees
01-29-2011, 11:44 AM
no love for Amare, Dwill, or Rondo?

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 11:52 AM
No CP3, shame on you

I think he might be the 3rd PG
But its what I think

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Why??
As of now I say Durant is better James

Minimal
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Whoever doesn't put Paul in the starting lineup is dumb, he is just made to play will great players.

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Dwight Howard

Rocketsfan85
01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
CP3/D-Will Kobe/Wade Lebron/Durant Amare/B.Griffin D.Howard/K.Love Wild cards D.Rose or Rondo and Bosh/Boozer/or D.Lee

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Pg. Cp3/rose/williams(If they carry 3)
sg Kobe/wade
sfLebron/Durant/Anthony
PF. Amare/griffen
c. Howard/

I think that would be amazing. How many are allowed on the team. IS it 12? Beacause then they can add a soild back up center.

JerzeyFresh
01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Paul/ Rose Dwill or Westbrook
Kobe/Wade
Durant/Lebron
Griffin/Amare
D12/Love

phlp_bj
01-29-2011, 12:24 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Derrick Rose/Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant/Dwyane Wade
SF: Kevin Durant/Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James/Blake Griffin/Amare Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard/Kevin Love

Kobes a Killer
01-29-2011, 12:42 PM
PG-CP3-DWill-Rose(They dont need a pure scorer at PG position, they have enough scorers)
SG-Kobe (obviously he's starting, its gonna be his last time around and it's half out of skill and respect to start him) DWade (unselfish and will take the 6th man role in stride)
SF-LeBron-Durant
PF-Blake Griffen (no reason to start durant and LeBron, enough scorers and Blake will start solely based on his highlight dunks and the excitement he brings)
C-Howard-Amare?-Odom?

Hawkeye15
01-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I am going a bit different. Remember, its not about who the best NBA player is, its about matching up in FIBA play

Curry
Durant
LeBron
Love
D12

obviously I could be wrong on all 5, seeing as its 2 years away. But this gives us range, rebounders, defenders, slashers, and size.

Hiphopopotamus
01-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I am going a bit different. Remember, its not about who the best NBA player is, its about matching up in FIBA play

Curry
Durant
LeBron
Love
D12

obviously I could be wrong on all 5, seeing as its 2 years away. But this gives us range, rebounders, defenders, slashers, and size.

Maybe this. I could see Love. No curry though. I could see him off the bench as a shooter, though. I see the PG being Rose or DWill, I am suspect of CP's knees and Rondo's attitude/past team USA experience

unleashthebeast
01-29-2011, 01:05 PM

yeah this would basically be how i see it, with bosh maybe replacing amare and rondo as a wildcard at the pg position. kobe will most likely start but wade will more than likely have more minutes

jim51990
01-29-2011, 01:07 PM

as much as i hate to agree with a chicago/rose fan finally someone got it right bron will be at the 4 with durant at the 3.
to the people putting bron on the bench explain to me how the best player on the team is on the bench

saintdrew
01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
CP3 makes players around him better, Westbrook & Rose play with more of a shoot-first mentality in my mind.

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- LeBron James
C- Dwight Howard

^ some of these lineups will be changed based on their matchups with other squads.

But you have to start Chris Paul.

SpeeMN
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
I would rather see DRose, DWill, CP3, Westbrook, Rondo, and Kobe playing the Guard positions than D Wade. In 2 years those 5 PGs will be the best in the NBA. 3 out of the 5 can play SG in fifa. Kobe deserves it more than Wade. Im not tryin to hate on Wade, but ball movement is key, and Lebron is already going to stifle that.

hgtiger32
01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
amare and bosh would be my choices before Griffin at PF. Especially if you have seen how good Bosh has played internationally in the past few years

heatking
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
CP3
Dwade
Lebron
Kirilenko
Howard

Knickrocketsfan
01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
love drose, but was not impressed with his play over the summer. The starting pg has to be a pass first guy or the pg will struggle. I think you have to keep in mind that no one is expecting the pg to be the person to carry the team. cp3 or dwill will be best fit IMO

NYKSpiritBomb
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Carl: Yeah well Michael uh, what about the Olympics. Youíre representing our country. Isnít there a concern that these games are a little lop sided?

Bob: Yeah, why donít you just play these countries by yourself?

Todd: Yeah thatís a good idea.

Michael: I donít think they would let me do that, guys.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
amare and bosh would be my choices before Griffin at PF. Especially if you have seen how good Bosh has played internationally in the past few years

amare couldnt play because of a clause in his contract or else he would have been a starter in the fiba..

and regardless of how bosh plays.. if griffins numbers,imapct and overall stock continue to rise and bosh continues to decrease and gets overlooked,i cant see him getting in.. only way he does is if they try to just bring back the former one..but it wont be deserving over the others

if love improves i can see them going with love over bosh because love can actually shoot from 3 instead of just shooting and being behind the line..

love can actually rebound instead of being a guy whos on a terrible rebounding team..

and love's passing ability helps us let our best players get on breaks..
which we always break away once we do..

dtmagnet
01-29-2011, 02:11 PM

Curry
Durant
LeBron
Love
D12

Thats a sick lineup, you can spread the floor perfectly and pretty much all of those players can pass the ball very well.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
love drose, but was not impressed with his play over the summer. The starting pg has to be a pass first guy or the pg will struggle. I think you have to keep in mind that no one is expecting the pg to be the person to carry the team. cp3 or dwill will be best fit IMO

that actually helps rose because we won and we havent in a long time

rose by then will be a better shooter than paul and obvs. rose will continue his push for mvp..

it would be hard to say no to a mvp..

and thats exactly why rondo was gone..

the team wants a threat of a scorer at every position..

thats why granger,rudy & everyone else was there because they can score..

you cant have any liabilties anymore..

with rose on the floor..
team usa was better than they were when billups was there..

now if you said dwill then yea.. but rose will be a better defender,shooter & much improved in passing by that time then he could have even imagine when the fiba happend..

confidence means everything in life..

Dade County
01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
You guys must of forgot how bosh versatility was so important in guarding those european players.

pg Cp3
sg D wade
sf Lbj/Durant
pf Bosh/Lbj/Durant
c Howard

6th man
Kobe

If Blake can get a jump shot like Bosh, then damn!!! Just vote Blake for president then.... lol

LAKERRS24
01-29-2011, 02:38 PM

This one works for me. Except I would give D-Will more time over Rose. Maybe Bynum over Stoudemire. We would have so much size and strength and athleticism it's ridicolous.

MiamiWadeCounty
01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
This one works for me. Except I would give D-Will more time over Rose. Maybe Bynum over Stoudemire. We would have so much size and strength and athleticism it's ridicolous.

Really bro? Don't be a homer. Bynum over STAT. That's just awful.

Hustlenomics
01-29-2011, 02:46 PM

^
Rose won't be starting at the 1

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Whoever doesn't put Paul in the starting lineup is dumb, he is just made to play will great players.

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Dwight Howard

Your dumb

LAKERRS24
01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Really bro? Don't be a homer. Bynum over STAT. That's just awful.

Well I'm not homer, cause then I would pick Odom over Love. I would pick Bynum even if he played for the Celtics. The thing about Bynum is he must be healthy, and with that in mind he is the best Center behind Howard and at times we could play both, cause Bynum can hit jumper around the baseline. Stoudemire isn't that good on defense, and we don't need so much scoring, Griffin and Love would be just okay for putting the ball in the basket.

Hustlenomics
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Your dumb

that was actually a good realistic starting lineup

pippsux
01-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Great topic!

Kobe
LBJ
KIDD
Howard
Durant or Melo

BALLER71
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Your dumb

Ah the irony.

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 03:20 PM
that was actually a good realistic starting lineup

Thanks Hustlenomics,

But everybody has their opinion

Revolu7i9n
01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Assuming that Rose continues progressing exponentially over the next few seasons, i see him being the run away starter at PG...

Rose
James
Durant
Griffin
Howard

phlp_bj
01-29-2011, 03:41 PM
as much as i hate to agree with a chicago/rose fan finally someone got it right bron will be at the 4 with durant at the 3.
to the people putting bron on the bench explain to me how the best player on the team is on the bench

ya and i don't see blake starting. he would get into foul trouble i believe in fiba play.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Why IS griffen over stat?

phlp_bj
01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
griffin will be a much better player than he is now when the olympics come. barring any injury of course

OG "Dee" LOCc
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I think more veterans than first 2-3 year guys tbh

PG- CP3
SG- Kobe
SF- Lebron
PF- Amare/Bosh/Durant(maybe to play a more european game?)
C- Dhoward no doubt
6th man- wade

dnewguy
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Let the young legs start. Rose, Lebron and Howard......plus 2 others.

Knickrocketsfan
01-30-2011, 12:14 AM
that actually helps rose because we won and we havent in a long time

rose by then will be a better shooter than paul and obvs. rose will continue his push for mvp..

it would be hard to say no to a mvp..

and thats exactly why rondo was gone..

the team wants a threat of a scorer at every position..

thats why granger,rudy & everyone else was there because they can score..

you cant have any liabilties anymore..

with rose on the floor..
team usa was better than they were when billups was there..

now if you said dwill then yea.. but rose will be a better defender,shooter & much improved in passing by that time then he could have even imagine when the fiba happend..

confidence means everything in life..

I dnt think that rose will be a better shooter than cp3 ever IMO. Kudos to him for improving (always didn't get how rondo did not get a jump shot), but cp3 is still young also and just as you assume rose will get better so will cp3.

Cp3 is a threat at the pg position and he is the better passer. Paul is an excellent mid range and 3 point shooter that can get to the rim. Also I would hardly call cp3 or williams a liablity oon the defensive end. Rose is an above average defender at best, who struggles at times going through screens. His on ball defense need to improve. His off ball D is great though

You guys must of forgot how bosh versatility was so important in guarding those european players.

pg Cp3
sg D wade
sf Lbj/Durant
pf Bosh/Lbj/Durant
c Howard

6th man
Kobe

If Blake can get a jump shot like Bosh, then damn!!! Just vote Blake for president then.... lol

I doubt kobe plays if he is not a starter.

RZZZA
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
how many "predict the future" threads are people gonna start? No offense, but I hate these threads

Confusious
01-30-2011, 12:38 AM

Agree with this.

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I agree with another poster who mentioned Rondo's name to at least be thrown out there.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-30-2011, 01:07 AM
C-Howard, Griffin
PF-James, Bosh
SF-Durant, Carmelo
SG-Kobe, Wade, Rose
PG-Paul, Williams, Rondo

To some people:

1. Kobe will still be in the starting lineup. No way they take him out.
2. They will probably place Paul in the lineup too. They will probably try to place people with experience in the starting. With the exception of maybe Durant over Carmelo since he is better. So no Rose in the starting 5.
3. No matter what you people say, Bosh will probably still be in. He was one of the 6 players who were great last Olympics. They will probably keep him. The only other option I see is Love. But I think they give Bosh a shot due to experience.
4. They will most likely sport a small team again overall and will probably have 2 SF's playing both Forward positions.[/

Dade County
01-30-2011, 01:19 AM
I doubt kobe plays if he is not a starter.

Well then, he's not a team player.

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 01:35 AM
He said he wants to play if they will have him and there wasn't a qualification of starting mentioned. I guess we will have to see how true those words are.

D1JM
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Why do people put rondo? You have to be able to shoot or you become a liability. Fiba play is different to the NBA. Zone Defense

Hustlenomics
01-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Why do people put rondo? You have to be able to shoot or you become a liability. Fiba play is different to the NBA. Zone Defense

has a higher shooting percentage than Rose from 16-23 feet

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 02:05 AM
mmmm if theres a full year lockout i doubt any nba player goes to olympics.

D-Block21-Chito
01-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Why IS griffen over stat?

don't get me wrong i love stat but I'd rather have griffin on my team... griffin is learning to be a beast on the boards

D-Block21-Chito
01-30-2011, 02:18 AM
rondo will not even be in the conversation soon.... not with

This is my ranking for a usa PG

1) Chris Paul
2) D-Rose
3) Deron Williams
4) Westbrook

GREATNESS ONE
01-30-2011, 02:26 AM

:clap: The first right answer.

D-Block21-Chito
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
i agree

D1JM
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
has a higher shooting percentage than Rose from 16-23 feet

He's not a shooter. Thats why they let him take wide open shots. I wonder how many he would make with someone in his face

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 03:14 AM
He's not a shooter. Thats why they let him take wide open shots. I wonder how many he would make with someone in his face

The PG for the team needs to be a facilitator for this team imo. A past first, shoot 2nd. 2-5 are going need the ball mostly to be effective, which means they'll be jacking up a majority of the shots.

Clearly you think Rose is a great choice, which I wouldn't disagree, but I think Rondo is a better choice. Rondo has a better FG%, takes 12 less shots a game, and averages roughly 4 more assists per game. As you stated, the FG% may be a bit skewed, but the assists and less shots taken are more important when playing with an players like Durant, James, or Howard.

I'm sure you won't agree, but you asked earlier why Rondo should be thrown in, so that would be my reason.

NYKalltheway
01-30-2011, 03:19 AM
USA is going down in the Olympics :D
Serbia/Lithuania/Argentina will win it :p

D1JM
01-30-2011, 03:25 AM
The PG for the team needs to be a facilitator for this team imo. A past first, shoot 2nd. 2-5 are going need the ball mostly to be effective, which means they'll be jacking up shots.

Clearly you think Rose is a great choice, which I wouldn't disagree, but I think Rondo is a better choice. Rondo has a better FG%, takes 12 less shots a game, and averages roughly 4 more assists per game. As you stated, the FG% may be a bit skewed, but the assists and less shots taken are more important when playing with an players like Durant, James, or Howard.

I'm sure you won't agree, but you asked earlier why Rondo should be thrown in, so that would be my reason.

He didn't make it into coach k team last time, what makes you think he will now? Rondo is a great passer, but fiba play is different to that of the NBA. The only players I would say practically have a roster spot secured if healthy are Kobe, lebron, durant, Howard and love. Yes you've heard right, love. Love is ideal for the style of FIBA.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2011, 03:32 AM
USA is going down in the Olympics :D
Serbia/Lithuania/Argentina will win it :p

They are not.

Unfortunately nba and stern have invested a ton of money to try to market the league in the UK.

Just like in China.

did you see the refing of the final in 08? Even a french ref told the media bout nba pressing refs because they couldnt get away with anything but gold in their bright new market.
The ref was suspended by this words of course.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-30-2011, 03:39 AM
i have a question....why do players like melo..james..wade..and so on play for team usa but then dont play other years? are they even gonna come back and play on team usa???

and yea i agree with pretty much all the guys picked in here..blake griffin is the future and WILL go vinsanity crazy on someone..hahaha

SugeKnight
01-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Melo always does work in FIBA/Olympics, so he has to be there.

DWill | CP3 | Rose
Kobe | Wade | Curry (or Gordon)
Lebron | Melo
Griffin | Durant
Howard | Love

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 03:57 AM
He didn't make it into coach k team last time, what makes you think he will now? Rondo is a great passer, but fiba play is different to that of the NBA. The only players I would say practically have a roster spot secured if healthy are Kobe, lebron, durant, Howard and love. Yes you've heard right, love. Love is ideal for the style of FIBA.

In the 08 year he averaged 10-5. As of now, it's 10-12. That extra 7 may be convincing enough.

And despite my disappointment in him, just as someone else said, I think Melo pretty much is a lock. He has dominated in international ball.

D1JM
01-30-2011, 04:07 AM
In the 08 year he averaged 10-5. As of now, it's 10-12. That extra 7 may be convincing enough.

And despite my disappointment in him, just as someone else said, I think Melo pretty much is a lock. He has dominated in international ball.

2008? You mean 2010, right? And yes, I agree with Melo being a lock with wade.

Locks:

Guards: cp3, dwill, Kobe, wade
Forwards: durant, lebron, Melo, love
Centers: Howard

IMO those are locks for 2012 if healthy.

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 04:27 AM
2008? You mean 2010, right? And yes, I agree with Melo being a lock with wade.

Locks:

Guards: cp3, dwill, Kobe, wade
Forwards: durant, lebron, Melo, love
Centers: Howard

IMO those are locks for 2012 if healthy.

I thought you were referring to the last Olympic team in 08 on why Coach K didn't select him instead the FIBA deal 2010.

And Rondo was initially selected in 2010 by Coach K, but left the team (after two games I believe) because he wasn't playing and was third on the depth chart.

John Walls Era
01-30-2011, 05:17 AM
People think that all these players will want to join team USA? You think Lebron and Wade will want to play with Rose (vice-versa). Rose and Rondo play on the same team (according to Simmons, the practices got too intense during last FIBA). Dwight vs. Heat have issues.

I don't think Wade and Lebron will play. Neither will Melo because he indicated that he missed his kid too much during Olympics (excuse for: I don't want to waste time).

Mudvayne91
01-30-2011, 05:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=5459655

Anthony and Paul both said they plan to play in 2012 in London.

I guess you can't fully believe everything Melo says, but seems like he's in.

meloman1592
01-30-2011, 06:07 AM
I dont see durant or melo starting
cp3
kobe
bron
griffin
howard

doesnt matter though...the second team could beat the 1st team lol
rose
wade
durant
melo
??probably cousins or a healthy greg oden

jmtapia
01-30-2011, 06:27 AM
CP3
Wade
LeBron
Griffin
Howard

jmtapia
01-30-2011, 06:27 AM
CP3
Wade
LeBron
Griffin
Howard

StrandedCub
01-30-2011, 07:23 AM
It would be damn hard for me to believe Griffin will start over Durant or Melo. Griffin is and will be a damn great player but Melo and Durant have already proved how well they can dominate the international game. Plus, pure seniority will be in play IMO.

Granderson123
01-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Amarie
Kobe
Howard
Lebron
Cp3

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
How is Love being overlooked, after his performance this summer? He is PERFECT for FIBA. Rebounds, can pass, stretches defense, and doesnt need a play run for him. I can't think of a better PF for us, including Griffin at the moment. Love is ideal for that.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Melo always does work in FIBA/Olympics, so he has to be there.

DWill | CP3 | Rose
Kobe | Wade | Curry (or Gordon)
Lebron | Melo
Griffin | Durant
Howard | Love

very true. Melo is great in the FIBA game, he probably needs to be there. And I like the roster you have. I don't think both Wade and Kobe need to be there, they are kind of the same player, but its not like that is a bad thing I guess.

goose15
01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Paul - D Will - Rose
Kobe / Wade
Lebron - Durant - Melo
Griffin - Love
Howard - Amare

jeter4president
01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
pg- paul/rose/westbrook
sg- kobe/wade
sf- LBJ/durant
pf-melo/griffen
c- howard/amare

holy crap thats scary. good luck, world.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
This **** aint fair! No European team will beat us.

Heediot
01-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Melo has always been one of the most consistent performers for team USA. I don't think they'll take away his starting spot.
PG Rose over CP3 his size is better suited for international ball. (CP3 is my fav. player BTW)
SG Wade
SF Bron
PF Melo
C Dwight

BrahCake954
01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
bradnon jennings
jr smith
michael beasley
josh smith
chris anderson

Hawkeye15