PDA

View Full Version : how good/bad are the knicks, does .500 get any team in the East in the playoffs

stlbest5in2013
01-29-2011, 04:12 AM
they are 3 games over .500.

dont know their schedule stregnth right now, but read on a thread just a couple weeks ago. that it was the easiest in the league up until that point, at that time they were 7 games over .500.

so how bad/good are the knicks, even with melo later this year(possibly). being melo is not going to walk into ny and start throwing up 30, unless no D dantoni lets them play street ball. it will take a few games for him, to get used to the system. saying its like mcgrady last year, is not compareable, being te knicks were not going anywhere, and did not have a team, peiod.

for the rest of the eastern teams, does 41-41 get you into the playoffs? what will he cut off line be?

all the top eastern conference teams have injuries, or had players out for a long period of time this year. when it counts, those teams will be a 100%, and not to be messed with.

my last question is, if .500 gets you in, are the knicks a good enough team with or without melo, to pull away from teams that are 5-10 games below
.500? because if they keep staying right around it, teams looking to get there will target the knicks games as must wins.

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:16 AM
They will most certaintly make the playoffs. Will they go deep? Thats the real question.

kingbrentg
01-29-2011, 04:18 AM
They're right in the middle of the pack on SOS right now.

But they'll definitely make the playoffs in the East. I don't see them going much further than that though.

abe_froman
01-29-2011, 04:24 AM
make the playoffs.6th seed,bounced in the 1st round.40-45 wins season
(to knick fans: this isnt a knock on you guys or hating,this a vast improvement over the past decade.but you have to start somewhere in the process to championship dreams land)

as for the east? yes .500 gets you in the playoffs,below .500 will get you in the playoffs.they dont need melo as much as they need a defensive/rebounding big next to amare(will that happen? no,they'll get melo)

effen5
01-29-2011, 04:33 AM
I think the Knicks are a decent team but I don't think they are THAT good. They just came back down to reality.

Also imo, they really don't need Melo, scoring isn't the issue for the Knicks. They could really use another big man to help out Amare.

Mudvayne91
01-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Clearly an improvement, but they had one of the easiest schedules at the beginning. Maybe Melo helps if added, but I still don't see them doing anything. Could be -.500 and still make the playoffs.

Not a big deal, but they're 24-22 .

JNA17
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
so far there improving from last year, but as one of the posters have stated already, they had a really easy schedule through the beginning of the season, unless they get Melo, they will end up in the playoffs, but with a couple of games over .500 and possibly either the 7th or 8th seed.

Although i could see them try and pull a upset against a team like the Heat in the playoffs.