PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez.. really?

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 01:53 AM
im not a nets fan(bulls 1)

but can somebody please explain why he cant he get a rebound? ..

he had 1 against indy tonight..

thats incredible..

for people to even say kris humphries was the reason is more than :facepalm:

i dont get it.. its probably 60 rebounds a night to get and your probably goina be the biggest or second biggest on the court and people find it reasonable that he goes and gets 1 or 3 rebs and say because its not his thing?

i cant even imagine how much hate a guy like amare would get if he had 1 rebound...

*dont even post if your goina have an excuse for him or have something negative to come at me with.. seriously..DONT POST.. alot of you guys like to talk s**t because your over a cpu..just chill out & dont cry about what someone says.. its their opinion..*

but this is every game now..

people actually said he was a top 3 center before this season..:facepalm:FAIL

im probably the only 1 who feels this guy is extremly overrated for being a so called untouchable.. if melo said he would go there and stay i would move lopez for chris paul in another deal and let them realize how overhype this guy is..

lopez SHOULD be movable if even nj admit that their tallest player can barely grab 5 rebounds a game.:facepalm:

RZZZA
01-29-2011, 01:55 AM
I dont know about rebounds but I know that was an embarrassing performance from the nets. blown out by 30+ points against the pacers. wow.

superkegger
01-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Yeah, his rebounding has regressed big time. I really don't understand why.

The Final Boss
01-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Who's Brook Lopez?

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 02:07 AM

me too.. but what bothers me is how people find that ok..

when you look at a players career..
their 3rd year usually says it all about them..

i said that about rose since he was a rookie..

look at nearly every single player..

we all thought 22 & 11 or something along those lines..
but like i said.. if you can get a star now..
you deal him because everyone will realize he will never be nothing much

goblazers7
01-29-2011, 02:08 AM
^^he's not that bad. He's a terrible rebounder, though.

blahblahyoutoo
01-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Who's Brook Lopez?

robin lopez's brother.

gbrl
01-29-2011, 02:10 AM
I dont know about rebounds but I know that was an embarrassing performance from the nets. blown out by 30+ points against the pacers. wow.

no more embarrassing than their road record

210Don
01-29-2011, 02:10 AM
maybe the nets dont want him to rebound?

RZZZA
01-29-2011, 02:11 AM

lol, no, actually they do. they REALLY do. Avery Johnson, when asked about Melo coming to the Nets, said he doesnt care about that, he just cares about Brook Lopez getting at least 5 rebounds per game.

gbrl
01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
dantay jones played less than a fifth of what lopez played and had the same amount of rebounds

Gators123
01-29-2011, 02:15 AM

“What I dream about, I really honest to God truth, I dream about our center getting 10 rebounds.”-Avery Johnson

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 02:15 AM
^^he's not that bad. He's a terrible rebounder, though.

and a defender.. he can get blocks on point guards who try to throw up a shot or two but thats about it..

im not saying his garbage.. but when you hear the words "EVERY 1 but brook is available" you think that he's amazing..

im just saying for the sake of their franchise.. his stock will go down by next year and the year after if this keeps going, because people will see it..

if you can include him in a deal for a superstar.. you do it.. thats my point.. and they should be looking at doing that now rather than later because he hasnt ever shown he can lead a team.. i mean 12 wins? if your really that good how do you only manage to get 12 wins?:facepalm:..

xabial
01-29-2011, 02:19 AM
“What I dream about, I really honest to God truth, I dream about our center getting 10 rebounds.”-Avery Johnson

This

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-29-2011, 02:21 AM
ok well first of all im a nets fan and i would have to agree with you man....i mean he is scoring nicely so thats good but if he is a freakin center and can barly rebound then who will our pg?? come on now.. i mean sure kris is grabing boards very well but still.

and ok i would want lopez to stay because i think he can get better in the rebounding ...BUT... if there was anyway we can get CP3 for lopez.. i would do that in a heart beat.. and a bazillion times out of a bazillion if we already had melo :) :) :)

JayTee1981
01-29-2011, 02:32 AM

:laugh:

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 02:35 AM
ok well first of all im a nets fan and i would have to agree with you man....i mean he is scoring nicely so thats good but if he is a freakin center and can barly rebound then who will our pg?? come on now.. i mean sure kris is grabing boards very well but still.

and ok i would want lopez to stay because i think he can get better in the rebounding ...BUT... if there was anyway we can get CP3 for lopez.. i would do that in a heart beat.. and a bazillion times out of a bazillion if we already had melo :) :) :)

its easier to find a reggie evans or a joel anthony than it is to find a chris paul

i dont know if the numbers match up i havent tried.

but nj can send devin harris,brook lopez,1st,cash and troy murphy for paul & okafor( it would be realllllly hard for new orleans to get a better deal for paul if they cant keep him for the future.. like melo no one thought denver and melo would go through this)

then send favors,2 1st,humphries,morrow,cash for melo and either harrington or birdman and send sasha vujacic in a seperate deal for cap releif because he cant be included in any deals i think.. idk

but if melo knows that paul is going and if paul knows that melo is going.. i think both players would realize that their just winning now but their future isnt so bright..and off to brooklyn they go..

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-29-2011, 03:28 AM
**** IT...im down for all that..haha
god i wish it was that easy.

Mplsman
01-29-2011, 03:29 AM
1 rebound for a center is pretty embarrassing.

D Roses Bulls
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
again I would love to bring up all those people who said lopez was good and that he was going to be as good or better then howard, lol but I wont

210Don
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM

AJ actually said that?? lmao
:laugh2:

braveniler58
01-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Yeah, he's on my fantasy team. I want to cut him, but I can't. He's on the no-cut list. I want to trade him, but I can't. Nobody wants him.

I am ****ed.

abe_froman
01-29-2011, 03:38 AM

their gm said something similar about a month ago to

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 03:47 AM
This is pretty overblown. He plays away from the basket on the offensive end and is pushed around on the defensive. He also had mono over the summer so he's most likely just back to full strength. Once Favors develops, those two could be great complements for each other.

Gators123
01-29-2011, 03:48 AM

Yup

DodgerBulls
01-29-2011, 03:59 AM
no more embarrassing than their road record

Wizards haven't won a game on the road yet.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 04:01 AM
This is pretty overblown. He plays away from the basket on the offensive end and is pushed around on the defensive. He also had mono over the summer so he's most likely just back to full strength. Once Favors develops, those two could be great complements for each other.

and magic johnson played with aids.. lmao

in all seriousness.. how in the world is this overblown?

i think its one of the most non talked about things on this site..

sooooo many people said he would eventually surpass howard..

i can barely make an case for over horford, bogut or noah.. he will improve but so will they..

amare admitted he doesnt like to rebound and play d and avg better than that in his worse year and played as an undersized center..

luol deng avgs more rebounds and almost as much points than he does and he plays for one of the top rebounding teams and is a 3rd option..and he's a smallfoward..

like i said.. they better trade him now rather than tie their whole future to a guy who can barley get your team 12 wins.. look at how much wins lebron,amare & etc mean.. lopez has overrated value

DodgerBulls
01-29-2011, 04:04 AM

Isn't that his responsibility?
Anyways, Frye gets a rebound here and there.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 04:07 AM
Wizards haven't won a game on the road yet.

i rather have my future tied into wall,young & mcgee than just lopez..

but that reason is because the wizards dont have any leading vets.. rashard can care less and just want to put up points and kirk honestly doesnt want to be there.. and flip saunders to me has ALWAYS been an overrated coach.. look at his resume.. its been k.gs impact or never getting a contending team to just advance 1 more round..and now theres no excuse for atleast winning 1 on the road.. he's just a offensive set kind of guy.. not even a offensive wiz or nothing.. can just call a play..

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:07 AM
and magic johnson played with aids.. lmao

in all seriousness.. how in the world is this overblown?

i think its one of the most non talked about things on this site..

sooooo many people said he would eventually surpass howard..

i can barely make an case for over horford, bogut or noah.. he will improve but so will they..

amare admitted he doesnt like to rebound and play d and avg better than that in his worse year and played as an undersized center..

luol deng avgs more rebounds than he does and he plays for one of the top rebounding teams..and he's a smallfoward..

like i said.. they better trade him now rather than tie their whole future to a guy who can barley get your team 12 wins.. look at how much wins lebron,amare & etc mean.. lopez has overrated value

Well whoever said he'd be better than Howard is an idiot. I'm a Nets fan and you need to be a blind homer to think that. Right now is he isnt a top 5 center. But then again he's 22. Theres alot of time for him cause we're going nowhere for a while. He won't be a number one option on a good team but he could be a solid number 2 or 3 on a playoff team in a season or two. I dont see the point in dealing him because who would we really get? Melo, no thanks. CP3 and his knees? No thanks.

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Isn't that his responsibility?
Anyways, Frye gets a rebound here and there.

It is. He's soft. I've come to terms with that. He's still a good scorer in terms of his position.

Twolves88
01-29-2011, 04:23 AM
I remember when the twolves drafted love that Lopez was the one I really wanted. To be honest with you now though love looks like a brilliant pick....

Also I'd even dare to make a case that darko has out preformed lopez overall this year. Not on offense but in terms of like team defense and rebounding along with being more of a true center then lopez.

New Y0rk3r
01-29-2011, 04:23 AM
He's probably not playing with the same swagger he played last yr and he seems to think that Humpries can get the job done for both of them.
I like his moves but he s definitely taken a step back from last year.

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:25 AM
I remember when the twolves drafted love that Lopez was the one I really wanted. To be honest with you now though love looks like a brilliant pick....

Also I'd even dare to make a case that darko has out preformed lopez overall this year. Not on offense but in terms of like team defense and rebounding along with being more of a true center then lopez.

Definitely debatable. Kind of a moot point since both teams are dreadful.

Twolves88
01-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Definitely debatable. Kind of a moot point since both teams are dreadful.

That may be true however if you look at how old each one of them is its not far off to say darko is about equal and just might have a bit more overall potential. Darko has alot more athleticism too him and has been coming into his own.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Well whoever said he'd be better than Howard is an idiot. I'm a Nets fan and you need to be a blind homer to think that. Right now is he isnt a top 5 center. But then again he's 22. Theres alot of time for him cause we're going nowhere for a while. He won't be a number one option on a good team but he could be a solid number 2 or 3 on a playoff team in a season or two. I dont see the point in dealing him because who would we really get? Melo, no thanks. CP3 and his knees? No thanks.

and thats why nj will be nj..

look at boston.. kg and allen were far from there prime.. but you know what.. the deeper the team the longer they last... and look.. boston has 2 more years out of probably a 5 year run..

in 5 years my team(chicago) will see luol,noah & taj all by there 30s and boozer will be a quarter of what he his today..

you take it or leave it.. chris paul.. knee or no knee would be one of the best players to ever put a net jersey on as soon as he would be traded there.. and guess what.. unlike boston.. they got him before he even gets to his prime.. same for melo.. add another player who would want to join.. you got a core that can go toe to toe with any other for the next 7-8 years..

it takes 5-7 years for a team to fuly turn around into a champion.. look at the knicks.. they went through hell but did the best they could and now need a melo,another & luck just like every other team to win it all.

and i bet you would be willing to take amare right now if you could..

dont say the same mistake more than 20 other teams made by passing on amare because of how you feel about his health when he's still playing and isnt 30+ years old..chris paul will be that same mistake but worse because hes still young..

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:36 AM
That may be true however if you look at how old each one of them is its not far off to say darko is about equal and just might have a bit more overall potential. Darko has alot more athleticism too him and has been coming into his own.

Darko is in his 9th season, while Brook is in his 3rd. If Brook is where Darko is now in six years then its obvious that he didn't work. Its nice to see Darko playing well but I wouldn't expect him to imrpove that much more.

Yunqn
01-29-2011, 04:40 AM
He's probably not playing with the same swagger he played last yr and he seems to think that Humpries can get the job done for both of them.
I like his moves but he s definitely taken a step back from last year.

why do people act like humphries is joakim noah or kevin love..

the guy himself doesnt avg 10 and barely does if he do..

this is the worst excuse i ever seen for a guy not to get a rebound..
its not like every girl he gets will cheat on him if he went for one..
i mean the guy isnt deformed..

because the guy next to him who barely avgs 10 in a game which there are probably 50 rebs to get means i cant get more than atLEAST 8 rebounds.. anyone can score 18-20 points if you let them chuck it up and make them your 1st option for a long time.. this is the nba.. all players can dunk and all players can play.. thats why the best ones get looked at like gods.. because they really are amazing..

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:41 AM
and thats why nj will be nj..

look at boston.. kg and allen were far from there prime.. but you know what.. the deeper the team the longer they last... and look.. boston has 2 more years out of probably a 5 year run..

in 5 years my team(chicago) will see luol,noah & taj all by there 30s and boozer will be a quarter of what he his today..

you take it or leave it.. chris paul.. knee or no knee would be one of the best players to ever put a net jersey on as soon as he would be traded there.. and guess what.. unlike boston.. they got him before he even gets to his prime.. same for melo.. add another player who would want to join.. you got a core that can go toe to toe with any other for the next 7-8 years..

it takes 5-7 years for a team to fuly turn around into a champion.. look at the knicks.. they went through hell but did the best they could and now need a melo,another & luck just like every other team to win it all.

and i bet you would be willing to take amare right now if you could..

dont say the same mistake more than 20 other teams made by passing on amare because of how you feel about his health when he's still playing and isnt 30+ years old..chris paul will be that same mistake but worse because hes still young..

Amare wouldn't be nearly as effective in Avery Johnson's offense as he is in D'Antoni's. Plus Stat's knees scare me long term. The only player I'd deal for Lopez or Favors right now is Deron Williams if reports of him being unhappy are true (which I dont believe). The bottom line is that we're going to be awful till we move to Brooklyn (at least). At that point in two seasons, maybe Favors and Lopez wil have developed and we'd have 3 top ten draft picks to add to the roster turnover.

NJ Raven
01-29-2011, 04:43 AM

this is the worst excuse i ever seen for a guy not to get a rebound..
its not like every girl he gets will cheat on him if he went for one..
i mean the guy isnt deformed..

because the guy next to him who barely avgs 10 in a game which there are probably 50 rebs to get means i cant get more than atLEAST 8 rebounds.. anyone can score 18-20 points if you let them chuck it up and make them your 1st option for a long time.. this is the nba.. all players can dunk and all players can play.. thats why the best ones get looked at like gods.. because they really are amazing..

Your underrating Humph. While he is kind of being overrated by other Net fans, he cleans the glass like the best of em. Probably cuz he's in a contract year.

In terms of Lopez scoring, most of his points come off midrange shots and post moves. Lopez barely ever dunks.

sunsfan88
01-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Its genetics. His brother Robin is even worse. Thank god we have Gortat.

Anyone that watches Stanford know if these two were horrible rebounders for them too?

Bishnoff
01-29-2011, 08:01 AM
i cant even imagine how much hate a guy like amare would get if he had 1 rebound...

Amar'e only got 1 rebound on a number of occasions for the Suns. Guess what? He even got zero rebounds in some games.

Jets012
01-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Its genetics. His brother Robin is even worse. Thank god we have Gortat.

Anyone that watches Stanford know if these two were horrible rebounders for them too?

Robin is not even given the chance to be good. He hardly plays. If the Suns truly wanted to rebuild i would start Gortat at PF and Lopez at C

HouRealCoach
01-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Hard to believe that his best season was his rookie season... I actually thought that he would be a force one day

arkanian215
01-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Another disgruntled fantasy owner.

netsgiantsyanks
01-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Hard to believe that his best season was his rookie season... I actually thought that he would be a force one day

chill its still only his 3rd season. hes having a off year in general. but 1 rebound?? im glad i decided to skip that game.

arkanian215
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Hump is currently the third best rebounding player in the league behind Camby and Love out of the guys who have played at least 30 games and 15 mpg. RPG doesn't say much, especially when teams like the Wolves average 8 more possessions in their games than the Nets. That's 8 more potential rebounds there.

Is it disgusting that Lopez rebounds at the rate he does? Tell me about it.

magichatnumber9
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
First off he is immature. Second, he is kind of a *****. All he cares about is scoring and thats it. He can't bang, go to reason number 2 The word they edited out is a reference to the lower female anatomy.

Bornknick73
01-29-2011, 10:53 AM
The man is over rated, always has been. The perception of him being good is a result of the lack of true bigmen coming out of college.True bigmen are a dying breed. So you take the tallest guy who has the most decent game.

Rebounding is a instinctual part of basketball. You either have the instinct or you dont. Great rebounders are born to do it. Unfortunately for Lopez he doesnt have the instincts. A lot of the players coming out these days are sorely lacking in one department or another. Brook is just another example of this.

If im Brook I hire Dennis Rodman in the off season to teach me how to become a better rebounder. Rodman could make a killing giving private instruction to alot of NBA players today. Look at what Hakeem did for Howard. Another 40 and 15 game. He took it upon himself to work with someone who had the expertise at low post moves.

Brook should do the same. Go get yourself a private rebounding coach. When youre done send him over to the Garden, my whole team could use some advice on the subject.

Id take Bogut over Brook in a heartbeat, that kid is good.

Jets012
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
First off he is immature. Second, he is kind of a *****. All he cares about is scoring and thats it. He can't bang, go to reason number 2 The word they edited out is a reference to the lower female anatomy.

How is he immature? Never once have I heard he had discipline issues. He is very soft right now, but he still is one of the best scoring centers in the league. If he can start rebounding at the rate he did last season he will still be a top 5 center in this league.

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Could he be switch to PF?

Brew Crew
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Bucks will take him as Bogut's backup...

Gotta protect the one thing that the Bucks actually have ya know?

Robbw241
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I could care less how much he rebounds, so long as someone on the team grabs the rebound. Hump, Brook, Devin, ****ing Sasha or anyone.

magichatnumber9
01-29-2011, 11:49 AM
How is he immature? Never once have I heard he had discipline issues. He is very soft right now, but he still is one of the best scoring centers in the league. If he can start rebounding at the rate he did last season he will still be a top 5 center in this league.

He's been butting heads with the Coach AJ. He swore at him when he took him out of a game. That's immature in my book. come on bro I'm all over this NBA thing

Algmuskrats
01-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Hes a straight gump. Thats why he gets 1 rebound a game.

0nekhmer
01-29-2011, 02:26 PM
looks like robin is > brooke these days

bovice163
01-29-2011, 02:29 PM
He either can't rebound, or doesn't want to rebound. Even Bargnani can get more then 1 board in a game, and he isn't even a true center. There is no excuse for a center not rebounding, hell, Vujacic even had 3 rebounds that game.

John Walls Era
01-29-2011, 03:11 PM
:laugh: hes only avg .1 more rebounds than Andrea Bargnani. Thats terrible.

JNA17
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
he should get better at rebounding soon...i mean he is tall...

arkanian215
01-29-2011, 04:02 PM
He's been butting heads with the Coach AJ. He swore at him when he took him out of a game. That's immature in my book. come on bro I'm all over this NBA thing

And since then, he hasn't clashed with AJ and really picked up his game offensively. It's really the second time that Brook has gone out on a limb to object to a coach's decision. The other time was when Kiki was trying to make Yi the second option on the Nets even though he sucked *** and Brook objected to that and left practice.

TO Rapz
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
And all of PSD *****es about how Bargnani cant rebound :pity:

arkanian215
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
The man is over rated, always has been. The perception of him being good is a result of the lack of true bigmen coming out of college.True bigmen are a dying breed. So you take the tallest guy who has the most decent game.

Rebounding is a instinctual part of basketball. You either have the instinct or you dont. Great rebounders are born to do it. Unfortunately for Lopez he doesnt have the instincts. A lot of the players coming out these days are sorely lacking in one department or another. Brook is just another example of this.

If im Brook I hire Dennis Rodman in the off season to teach me how to become a better rebounder. Rodman could make a killing giving private instruction to alot of NBA players today. Look at what Hakeem did for Howard. Another 40 and 15 game. He took it upon himself to work with someone who had the expertise at low post moves.

Brook should do the same. Go get yourself a private rebounding coach. When youre done send him over to the Garden, my whole team could use some advice on the subject.

Id take Bogut over Brook in a heartbeat, that kid is good.

For real? So why did Hump improve drastically. He went from above average to currently third best rebounder in the league.

If rebounding is instinctual, then how would hiring Dennis Rodman help?

clehmun
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
he's a horrible rebounder. and i think a lot of people realize this, and lopez is getting a lot of criticism for it already. avery johnson goes makes public criticism every 2 days about his poor rebounding. and if you play fantasy ball, you'll read reports making fun of lopez (first/second round pick) getting 2-3 rebounds a game pretty often.

about the untradable label. i think there are only a handful of truly untradable players in the league.
but every team has "one" guy that they make "untradable".
either because he's amazing (durant, rose, griffin), or because they know they'll never get good value for him (lopez, bargnani, etc).

it's also a smart move to label them "untradable" to boost their value, so that teams won't come with weak offers trying to take your "best player".

tonyd3b54
01-29-2011, 04:09 PM
rebounding takes no skill. it is all effort, if a center isnt getting rebounds its simply because he isnt trying to. if my center isnt getting rebounds i trade him because theres no excuse for it...

JerseysFinest
01-29-2011, 04:29 PM
People are not taking into account he is playing next to a very talented rebounder in Kris Humphries, someone who hustles and is a "moose" type player. For the last 2 seasons, Brook has been playing next to mediocre forwards like Yi Jianlian who lack rebounding skills, therefore Brook was able to get position AND grab the rebounds. He isn't a horrific rebounder, it's just his backcourt help has improved. He's still a great offensive talent. And btw, how many Brook Lopez rebounding bashing threads are going to be created lol?

masalex1205
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM

he had mono, it takes prob a year to recover from the muscular loss

Lopez isn't a good rebounder but this explains his drop off

JerseysFinest
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM

Very good point, no one acknowledges this either.

AI4MVP
01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
it runs in the family

topdog
01-29-2011, 04:45 PM
So, if I'm hearing you all correctly, what you're are saying is that Darko Milicic is a better center. Correct?

Yeah, I'm just trying to start something...

smith&wesson
01-29-2011, 04:47 PM
he was way better last year, maybe all that losing got to him and now he just dont give a **** any more.

Dol-Fan
01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
And all of PSD *****es about how Bargnani cant rebound :pity:

Lol, Lopez is 3 years younger and still has a slightly better rebound rate than Bargnani does...

llemon
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM
and a defender.. he can get blocks on point guards who try to throw up a shot or two but thats about it..

im not saying his garbage.. but when you hear the words "EVERY 1 but brook is available" you think that he's amazing..

im just saying for the sake of their franchise.. his stock will go down by next year and the year after if this keeps going, because people will see it..

if you can include him in a deal for a superstar.. you do it.. thats my point.. and they should be looking at doing that now rather than later because he hasnt ever shown he can lead a team.. i mean 12 wins? if your really that good how do you only manage to get 12 wins?:facepalm:..

Brook is 22, and had mono during the offseason.

He is a genuine Center, and they are difficult to come by.

Getting stronger and working with a bigman coach this next offseason would help him a lot.

I'm not saying he is untouchable, but if Nets included him in a trade for 'Melo, Johan Petro would be the Nets starting Center.

GeekInThePink
01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol, Lopez is 3 years younger and still has a slightly better rebound rate than Bargnani does...

Bargnani doesn't really play down in the paint offensively (he stays up top usually, unless he's driving the ball) and hes a natural power forward playing center who shoots threes, I'm not denying the fact hes a terrible rebounder, but at least he somewhat has an excuse.

and yes, I am a giant homer.

RZZZA
01-29-2011, 05:15 PM

he should train in the sand with Blake Griffin, build up those calve muscles

WizFan3
01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
robin lopez's brother.

yea that narrows it down lol and ye lopez is a good player but the brotha cannot grab a damn rebound javale is better at rebounding then hm(thats awful)

njnets
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
hes scoring nicely this year. he has cement shoes though. that and i think he relies on his height way too much. he needs to box out more and use his "big frame" (lost a lot of weight this summer from mono, which has made him a little skinnier, but thats besides the point) and get leverage for rebounds. his lack of quickness hurts him. also, some people has a nose for the ball when it comes off the rim and he is just not one of them.

i will agree though that, whatever the reason, his rebounding is atrocious. he needs to do a much better job at it.

blastmasta26
01-29-2011, 07:20 PM
rebounding takes no skill. it is all effort, if a center isnt getting rebounds its simply because he isnt trying to. if my center isnt getting rebounds i trade him because theres no excuse for it...
That's not entirely true. Just like defense, effort is a huge component of it, but skill is definitely part of how good a player is at rebounding/defense. If Lopez went all out trying to rebound, he still wouldn't put up Kevin Love, Joakim Noah, etc. type numbers. He would obviously improve with more effort, but there's no guarantee he would be a good rebounder.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2011, 07:58 PM
How the **** is this thread not closed yet??? If I posted a thread titled "Really Washington?", and then went on to ask why they still don't have a road win it wouldve been locked. This thread was obviously made by an idiot to bash a player who is struggling in some parts of his game. I'm no Brook Lopez fan at all. I hate soft players and when the Melo stuff was playing out I was praying they trades him instead of Favors. I still feel that way.However to make a thread simply to share your distaste for this player is just dumb.

It should also be noted that the thing NJ lacks most is offense. They need a lot of things but even when he was coming out of college ppl knew he was a bad rebounder. Should I look up his pre draft comparisons and analysis? He was a scoring center coming out. Before you ask why he's not doing that efficiently, I'll answer. He has too much pressure on him. The rest of the team sucks so bad that they double and triple team him and Devin all game to much success. When VC was still here both Harris and Lopez were more efficient and productive. Coincidence? Lopez is a talented center. His rebounding woes imo are mainly due to the fact that he's so weak! He gets pushed around like a b**** cuz he's so skinny. He had mono over the summer and he didn't regain his weight till just before the season started. Furthermore while he did regain weight back his strength and conditioning are still off. An offseason off bulking up this summer will work miracles for him.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh and whoever is was that compared Mononucleosis to AIDS... WTF??????? :facepalm:

Young and Stupid
01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Relax, Will.

It's really pretty simple. Lopez's technique is horrid, his aggression is no where to be found, he has little to no awareness on the boards, he lost weight from the mono, he's running to set up on offense before the shot even bangs off the rim and Kris Humphries is snatching rebounds like each one will give him an additional $100,000 on his new contract. Seriously, it's as simple as that. There's a lot of fun drinking games that can be played involving Brook's rebounding (or lack thereof), but nobody watches the Nets so that's not too popular. At least they're moving to Brooklyn soon.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Relax, Will.

:sigh: I know NBRITM... Couldn't help it...

thesparky33
01-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Last season, I, along with a ton of Wolves fans I knew, would have traded Love for Lopez straight up, no question...

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Young and Stupid
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
:sigh: I know NBRITM... Couldn't help it...

Lol?...

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Lol?...

You ain't slick man. Lol them well thought out, "wayyy to educated for most people to understand" threads are too recognizable, no matter which Nets site you use. What's those letter stand for thou? I always wonder when I come across your posts on NetsDaily.

AddiX
01-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I can't explain what happened to Lopez, he looked so promising last year.

Young and Stupid
01-29-2011, 09:26 PM
You ain't slick man. Lol them well thought out, "wayyy to educated for most people to understand" threads are too recognizable, no matter which Nets site you use. What's those letter stand for thou? I always wonder when I come across your posts on NetsDaily.

It's an inside-joke, but it's something sex-related. I didn't know my posts were "way to educated for most people to understand." I'll try to cut down on that, I apologize.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
It's an inside-joke, but it's something sex-related. I didn't know my posts were "way to educated for most people to understand." I'll try to cut down on that, I apologize.

Not to educated for me so it's all good. I actually like when posts are organized like that

knightstemplar
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
:facepalm:

JNA17
01-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Well hey at least he's better then his brother!

sunsfan88
01-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Robin is not even given the chance to be good. He hardly plays. If the Suns truly wanted to rebuild i would start Gortat at PF and Lopez at C
O trust me Robin is given many chances. But every game he gets worse. He even starts for us!

And we tried the Gortat-Lopez thing once....never again my friend, never again.