PDA

View Full Version : Warriors apologize to Steph Curry, his family, and his agent for the trade rumors

LTBaByyy
01-29-2011, 12:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer012811

After Joe Lacob said he would be open to trading Curry if it helped the team

Steph Curry seeked security after being shocked by hearing his name for the first time in the rumors, and was texted by the Warriors

asandhu23
01-29-2011, 12:41 AM
oh well

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 12:58 AM
oh well

Kinda off topic, But those are 3 SEXY! *** Ladies
:D

TrueFan420
01-29-2011, 01:25 AM
its a job the apology was unneeded however it was a nice gesture on their part.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2011, 07:37 AM
So then its Ellis who gets shipped out of GS?

ChiSox219
01-29-2011, 08:14 AM
curry > ellis

Gators123
01-29-2011, 03:30 PM
curry > ellis

Agree.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2011, 03:50 PM
curry > ellis

Disagree.

lvlheaded
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
We'll take Steph in NY if GS doesnt want him :D

jim51990
01-29-2011, 03:57 PM
curry > ellis

Not at all

TheDiggler
01-29-2011, 07:45 PM
So, no Curry to the Jazz ?

robbnen#31
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
For those of you that say Ellis>Curry, I would love to hear your explanations as to how Monta Ellis will help a team win more than Curry.

Jewelz0376
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
For those of you that say Ellis>Curry, I would love to hear your explanations as to how Monta Ellis will help a team win more than Curry.

how bout you explain why curry is better? Because Monte is being considered by many as being an all-star this year...No1 considers Curry an all star this year..

clydebino
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
This will be the Warriors biggest mistake if the trade Curry, Don't split one of the league's best backcourt.

kjoke
01-29-2011, 10:06 PM
trade ellis keep curry. ellis is High right now, get something more and build around curry lee wright + player from ellis trade

clydebino
01-29-2011, 10:09 PM
trade ellis keep curry. ellis is High right now, get something more and build around curry lee wright + player from ellis trade

David Lee is not playing up to his contract, the Warriors have the same build as the Knicks and he is letting me down.. This is coming from a King's fan lol

SaimoNETS
01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
how bout you explain why curry is better? Because Monte is being considered by many as being an all-star this year...No1 considers Curry an all star this year..

Maybe it's because he's been injured a lot during the season? I think the Warriors would be better off trading Ellis.

Mary*420*Jane
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
What's wrong with Ellis? Why don't plp want him?
Just curious

asandhu23
01-29-2011, 10:30 PM
get back on topic, people. the topic is curry being apologized to by w's management, NOT trade Ellis or Curry or Ellis vs Curry

Kakaroach
01-29-2011, 10:38 PM
The result of teams wanting to protect their star players and making sure they are happy so they don't pull a LeBron.

robbnen#31
01-29-2011, 10:47 PM

I'm going to go ahead and assume you havn't watched a whole lot of Warriors games this year, or even last year for that matter.

The perfect scenario would be where Curry and Ellis could form the Warriors backcourt for a very long time. This won't be able to happen. While Ellis is better defensively than Curry, he isn't capable of defending other 2 guards adequately. He also doesn't have the basketball IQ to run the team's offense through the point. Monta Ellis is a scorer, one of the best scorers that the league has. The perfect situation for Monta is where you have a larger more physical point guard (think Baron Davis) that can play along side him and guard the opponents 2 guard, allowing Monta to guard the opponents 1 guard. Something that he can successfully do.

Curry on the other hand is an even worse defensive liability than Monta. He also can score, but he has the basketball IQ and court vision to run a team's offense and be the floor general. Curry is clearly the team's long-term point guard of the future.

Just because Monta is producing like an All Star this year, that doesn't mean he is beneficial towards the future of the Warriors. Currently, he is taking a ton of shots, but he's also been pretty efficient. Will he always take a ton of shots? Yes. Will he always be this efficient? Not sure, probably not.

gbrl
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
^hayward looks like stewie from madtv

WizFan3
01-29-2011, 10:52 PM

by the time curry is at montas stage hell be way better plus itll help with rebuilding i actually think hes holding back currys game but id be glad to take him in WAS ill gladly give yall nick young

WizFan3
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm going to go ahead and assume you havn't watched a whole lot of Warriors games this year, or even last year for that matter.

The perfect scenario would be where Curry and Ellis could form the Warriors backcourt for a very long time. This won't be able to happen. While Ellis is better defensively than Curry, he isn't capable of defending other 2 guards adequately. He also doesn't have the basketball IQ to run the team's offense through the point. Monta Ellis is a scorer, one of the best scorers that the league has. The perfect situation for Monta is where you have a larger more physical point guard (think Baron Davis) that can play along side him and guard the opponents 2 guard, allowing Monta to guard the opponents 1 guard. Something that he can successfully do.

Curry on the other hand is an even worse defensive liability than Monta. He also can score, but he has the basketball IQ and court vision to run a team's offense and be the floor general. Curry is clearly the team's long-term point guard of the future.

Just because Monta is producing like an All Star this year, that doesn't mean he is beneficial towards the future of the Warriors. Currently, he is taking a ton of shots, but he's also been pretty efficient. Will he always take a ton of shots? Yes. Will he always be this efficient? Not sure, probably not.

what he says lol

JNA17
01-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Don't accept their apology Curry...ask for a trade! DO IT! :D

lvlheaded
01-30-2011, 02:03 PM
The Warriors robbed me of my dream of having Steph Curry last year, its only fair if they trade him to the Knicks for a 2nd rounder :pray:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-30-2011, 02:07 PM
The Warriors robbed me of my dream of having Steph Curry last year, its only fair if they trade him to the Knicks for a 2nd rounder :pray:

yeah, and in the other news Santa Claus is real:eyebrow:

lvlheaded
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
yeah, and in the other news Santa Claus is real:eyebrow:

Wait....are you trying to say Santa isnt real :mad:

I know they would never trade him for a 2nd rounder, im just saying they should just give him to the Knicks for stealing him the pick before in the draft last year.

sf-fanatic
01-30-2011, 03:21 PM
as a warrior fan the only team i wanna see curry traded to is orlando, because he would fit perfect in that offense and curry and dwight is nasty and i wanna see them beat lakers, celtics, and heat